[SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQA Thread - Queer Support!

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Esperite

Re: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQ Thread - Queer Support!

Postby Esperite » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:48 am UTC

I'm planning on going clothes shopping this weekend, and I must say I really wish the sizes were such that I could figure out what I need by the numbers. Alas, I have to use the "awkwardly measure these clothes up to myself without looking like I'm measuring them to myself" effect. Maybe once I feel that can pass and go out dressed up it will be less uncomfortable to be buying girl clothes (while everything else will be even more awkward! yay! =P) My mom is taking me, so while I have support that makes it more comfortable, it's also uncomfortable to be buying girl clothes with someone else, but I think it is worth it.

I'm getting more ancy to try go out in public dressed up, so once I get new clothes/my current ones get washed I'll probably try to figure out how to make myself look the best =). I might post pictures to get feedback, even though I'm kinda paranoid about putting up pictures online. I feel kinda safe here though; I figure that anyone who would go to this thread, find my picture, and recognize me is almost definitely going to be okay with lgbt stuff, and therefore won't screw me over. In fact, it would be beneficial because then I wouldn't have to tell that person =). If my close friends saw any of my posts already they should have figured it out anyway; they've seen my drawing which has become my avatar (which is supposed to be me.)

Edit: ooh, cool, pagetopper. Also: Aaeriele, where is your avatar from? It is amazing and I think it is really cute :]
"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
— Oscar Wilde

Aaeriele

Postby Aaeriele » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:09 am UTC

Esperite wrote:I'm planning on going clothes shopping this weekend, and I must say I really wish the sizes were such that I could figure out what I need by the numbers. Alas, I have to use the "awkwardly measure these clothes up to myself without looking like I'm measuring them to myself" effect.

Yeah, as I was saying a post or two ago, shoe sizing is about as good as it gets in women's sizes... the rest just goes downhill from there. If you go to a department store though, depending on how thorough they are on checking the items you're taking into a dressing room you might be able to just grab some things and try them on in private. Or taking in something not so girly and then have your mom bring you other things once you're there (and thus don't have to make eye contact with the attendant(s). :P

Esperite wrote:I might post pictures to get feedback, even though I'm kinda paranoid about putting up pictures online. I feel kinda safe here though; I figure that anyone who would go to this thread, find my picture, and recognize me is almost definitely going to be okay with lgbt stuff, and therefore won't screw me over. In fact, it would be beneficial because then I wouldn't have to tell that person =). If my close friends saw any of my posts already they should have figured it out anyway; they've seen my drawing which has become my avatar (which is supposed to be me.)

The other option if you want is to PM people, I know I'd be glad to provide feedback in private if you preferred that and I'm sure others would too. :)

Esperite wrote:Also: Aaeriele, where is your avatar from? It is amazing and I think it is really cute :]

Um, it's a cropped out portion of a wallpaper I have picturing Hatsune Miku. I liked it because I think it fits my personality perfectly. ^^
Last edited by Aaeriele on Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:25 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Vaniver wrote:Harvard is a hedge fund that runs the most prestigious dating agency in the world, and incidentally employs famous scientists to do research.

afuzzyduck wrote:ITS MEANT TO BE FLUTTERSHY BUT I JUST SEE AAERIELE! CURSE YOU FORA!

diotimajsh

Postby diotimajsh » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:24 am UTC

Hmm, would making a Dear SB thread be okay for private photos? That way you'd at least guarantee that only members can view it, which is a small protection against random internet passer-bys. It might not 100% fit the purpose of Dear SB, though.

And, it'd still be searchable by Google, if that makes a difference about whether there's a point to putting a thread there or not.
Osha wrote:Foolish Patriarchy! Your feeble attempts at social pressure have no effect on my invincible awesomeness! Bwahahahaa

Blog type thing

amorya

Postby amorya » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:30 pm UTC

I agree with Aaeriele, get a girlfriend to go with you. I remember what a friend of mine did once. I tagged along with her but I kept my distance and she browsed the store by herself. Sure there were glances of shock directed at her and she isn't exactly a bold person so she had her cell phone glued to her ear all the time. She pretended to be on a fake call saying stuff like, "Pink with some light green checks and a nice collar... how does that sound to you hon? No? Well there's another shirt here..." We got home and laughed our asses off. It was a bit crazy but fun all the same! :)

It's good to note that most of the people there don't care much about what you're up to. Other customers are too busy with their own shopping, and the staff (if they've got any sense) would keep any thoughts to themselves since they want to make a sale. I've bought plenty of girl things while in guy mode, and others while not passing particularly well, and nobody has ever commented or looked disapproving.

That's not to say don't take someone with you: if it helps your confidence then definitely do. I just wanted to note that it's easy to imagine everyone around you is looking and judging, but mostly they're too busy with their own lives to pay you much attention.

(The other turning point for me was thinking so what if someone notices that I'm buying a skirt and am physically male. It's not a big deal to me if they think it's odd, and I'm not worried about anyone getting aggressive when I'm in a crowded shopping centre.)

Amorya

Lumpy
I can has morbid obesity?

Postby Lumpy » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:27 pm UTC

Today is the six month anniversary of taking my first estrogen pill. I'm wearing women's jeans, men's tops, and eyeliner to school until the semester I enrolled in with my male name runs out, rather than coming out of the closet. I figured if I did that, and tried not to make any friends, then less people would recognize me next semester when I'm attending college as a girl.

I wear my girl's clothes everywhere other than school or going job hunting. Lately things have happened like being called "young lady" while wearing guy's clothes, though.

Yesterday while I was sitting down and reading in a lounge area of college, these two guys about 20 feet away or so were spending five minutes debating someone's gender, settled on deciding on referring to her a dyke, then specified "that brown-haired woman over there" and said "she ain't never gonna get a man." There weren't that many other people around... that is the most horrible thing I've ever directly heard from a person.

Aaeriele

Postby Aaeriele » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:35 pm UTC

Lumpy wrote:Yesterday while I was sitting down and reading in a lounge area of college, these two guys about 20 feet away or so were spending five minutes debating someone's gender, settled on deciding on referring to her a dyke, then specified "that brown-haired woman over there" and said "she ain't never gonna get a man." There weren't that many other people around... that is the most horrible thing I've ever directly heard from a person.

That's... just dumb. It's not even their business in the first place.

*big hug*
Vaniver wrote:Harvard is a hedge fund that runs the most prestigious dating agency in the world, and incidentally employs famous scientists to do research.

afuzzyduck wrote:ITS MEANT TO BE FLUTTERSHY BUT I JUST SEE AAERIELE! CURSE YOU FORA!

Shivahn

Postby Shivahn » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:52 pm UTC

Lumpy wrote:Yesterday while I was sitting down and reading in a lounge area of college, these two guys about 20 feet away or so were spending five minutes debating someone's gender

People (loudly) doing this to me in third grade were the reason I finally cut my hair and kept it short for twelve years. Even though I always hated haircuts and wanted long hair.

I finally decided to grow it out at about the same time I started balding a bit. I hate my family's genes and am kind of paranoid about that. Someone needs to develop cheap follicle cloning. Or get it through trials, since it's begun.

Van

Postby Van » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:35 am UTC

my state requires both fbi and cbi background checks to initiate a name change. i mailed my fingerprint cards on dec 16th.

today, 107 days later i get a reply from the fbi saying the (police filled out) fingerprint card was not properly filled out and i will have to resubmit.

i think i'm just going to keep crying forever.
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

Aaeriele

Postby Aaeriele » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:01 am UTC

Van wrote:my state requires both fbi and cbi background checks to initiate a name change. i mailed my fingerprint cards on dec 16th.

today, 107 days later i get a reply from the fbi saying the (police filled out) fingerprint card was not properly filled out and i will have to resubmit.

Awwww :( *biggianthugehug* That's a pain. Don't give up though!

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:58 am UTC

Van wrote:my state requires both fbi and cbi background checks to initiate a name change. i mailed my fingerprint cards on dec 16th.

Ultra hugs for you. It'll be ok, and you'll get through it. I know you will.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Amie

Postby Amie » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:07 am UTC

Lumpy wrote:Yesterday while I was sitting down and reading in a lounge area of college, these two guys about 20 feet away or so were spending five minutes debating someone's gender, settled on deciding on referring to her a dyke, then specified "that brown-haired woman over there" and said "she ain't never gonna get a man." There weren't that many other people around... that is the most horrible thing I've ever directly heard from a person.

These "people" don't know the half of what they're saying. Pay no attention to guys who talk out of their asses. *hugs*

Van, please don't cry :( If they're not going to make it easy for you, then fight. I don't know you but *hug* *huggles* *moar hugs* You'll be just fine. <3
Summer is miles and miles away, and no one would ask me to stay.
And I, should contemplate this change... to ease the pain.
And I, should step out of the rain... turn away.

EmilyR

Postby EmilyR » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:33 pm UTC

It's worrying to hear so many people struggling, I was pretty lucky I guess.

But not everyone in the world sucks ... next to me in the checkouts at Tescos the other day was a 30-something woman with a 7 or 8 year-old daughter who had just been told that she was too you to have a boyfriend so she immediately responded with "can I have a girlfriend instead?" her mum just went "no, you're too young, when you're older" the same as she had a minute earlier about a bf :)

Josephine

Postby Josephine » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:43 pm UTC

EmilyR wrote:But not everyone in the world sucks ... next to me in the checkouts at Tescos the other day was a 30-something woman with a 7 or 8 year-old daughter who had just been told that she was too you to have a boyfriend so she immediately responded with "can I have a girlfriend instead?" her mum just went "no, you're too young, when you're older" the same as she had a minute earlier about a bf :)

that's reassuring. Stupid US.
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.

Esperite

Postby Esperite » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:26 pm UTC

EmilyR wrote:But not everyone in the world sucks ... next to me in the checkouts at Tescos the other day was a 30-something woman with a 7 or 8 year-old daughter who had just been told that she was too you to have a boyfriend so she immediately responded with "can I have a girlfriend instead?" her mum just went "no, you're too young, when you're older" the same as she had a minute earlier about a bf :)

It's nice hearing stories like this. It shows that there is hope and that the good people are still here =).

On a different note: I'm gonna go shopping tommorrow, so I'll wait till I've done that (and hopefully found our digital camera - my phone camera sucks) to figure out how I want to post pictures. I'm still a little nervous, but I'm also excited =).
— Oscar Wilde

Aaeriele

Postby Aaeriele » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:49 pm UTC

Esperite wrote:On a different note: I'm gonna go shopping tommorrow, so I'll wait till I've done that (and hopefully found our digital camera - my phone camera sucks) to figure out how I want to post pictures. I'm still a little nervous, but I'm also excited =).

I'm expecting at the very least pictures of the clothes. :3

(P.S. No actual obligation here. Post what you feel comfortable posting. :P)

Esperite

Postby Esperite » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:09 pm UTC

Well, I can't find my digital camera, and I'm having second thoughts about posting pics of myself (probably to be handled via PM if I find my camera.) But I do have pictures the clothes I got!

Spoiler:
Heres the shirt I got. It feels nice and I like the striped section under the buttons:
DSC00031.JPG

Spoiler:
These are the jeans I got! I really like the way they fit, and I like them alot. They do not leave much space for equipment (and why should they? =P), so they are kind of tricky to wear. But otherwise they are awesome:
DSC00032.JPG

Things are going well =). Shopping was nowhere near as hard and awkward as the first couple times, but they didn't have much that I wanted =(. Sorry for bad phone pics too.
— Oscar Wilde

Aaeriele

Postby Aaeriele » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:17 pm UTC

Looks nice ^_^ The color of the top is pretty. :)

Virtual_Aardvark

Postby Virtual_Aardvark » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:29 pm UTC

Cute! Also good choices for passing. I kindof want that top. Where did you go?
"imaginary gardens with real toads in them"
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:An actual cloud... full of lesbians.

Esperite

Postby Esperite » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:14 pm UTC

Virtual_Aardvark wrote:Cute! Also good choices for passing. I kindof want that top. Where did you go?

K-Mart =P.
— Oscar Wilde

animeHrmIne

Postby animeHrmIne » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:49 pm UTC

I love those jeans. Very cute. The top's not my style, but I've always liked them on other people. Anything around my collarbones turns my entire chest bright red. It's like an insanely specific rash.

So, Day of Silence is next week. They're selling shirts at my school for it, with the funds going to the GSA (who will probably do something with them -- I don't know, I gave up trying to go. The meetings are a logistical nightmare for IB students). I want to get one and participate, but I don't know if I can stay silent that long. I'm forgetful, and have a bad habit of compulsively answering questions in class. Still, I want to try, as it's a good cause and a good message. My friends are all going to do it, and if they can try, so can I. I'm not as talkative as some of them.
I wanted to see the universe, so I stole a Time Lord and ran away. And you were the only one mad enough.
Biting's excellent! It's like kissing, only there's a winner.
-Sexy

Van

Postby Van » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:32 am UTC

Thanks for the support :D It took a couple days, but I'm better now, I guess.

It's weird, I wouldn't expect myself want to have to wait more, but what I wasn't expecting is how much getting "he"/$oldname and such hurts, as in physically painful. Mostly it's just at work, management won't let me do anything transition-related at work until my name change is finalized. Which includes using the mens room.
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

Aaeriele

Postby Aaeriele » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:07 am UTC

Van wrote:Mostly it's just at work, management won't let me do anything transition-related at work until my name change is finalized. Which includes using the mens room.

That's.... bleh. I'm sorry your employer is so unhelpful in that regard. :/

*gives cookie*

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:12 pm UTC

Van wrote:Thanks for the support :D It took a couple days, but I'm better now, I guess.

It's weird, I wouldn't expect myself want to have to wait more, but what I wasn't expecting is how much getting "he"/$oldname and such hurts, as in physically painful. Mostly it's just at work, management won't let me do anything transition-related at work until my name change is finalized. Which includes using the mens room.
*winces in pain* I'm so sorry Van. I know how much it can physically hurt to be called he, or called my old name. And it sucks that your work isn't helping you in any way.

Light, they suck. In the new world order, they'll be stabbed by the stabbety knife of justice.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Osha

Postby Osha » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:41 pm UTC

I want to move out from my moms house, and to accomplish this I need to find a part time job. This is complicated by the fact that it's uh, pretty obvious I'm trans just from looking at me. Aaaaand the state I live in isn't exactly known for it's acceptance of LGBT people. So I have the sneaking suspicion most employers won't want to touch me with a 10 foot pole. There's lots of stereotypes and misconceptions out there about hiring trans people (OH MY GOD RESROOOMS!!! THEY'LL SHOW UP TO WORK IN A DRESS!! A FLOWERY DRESS!!!).

So then it's like
Augh! Augh!
Do I try and change my name legally (costs around $200 bucks) before job searching?
Do I try and get a job presenting as a man or a woman?
If I apply as a guy what do I do about the whole boob thing? I guess I'll have to dig out some old shirts and see how I look wearing the sports bra (they're really tiny, but definitely visible under clothes that aren't too big, and I'd really prefer to not have to bind them).
What if I got hired somewhere and then they found out I was trans down the line?
Will my old employer out me by accident if I use them as a reference?
*worry worry worry*

Anyone else have any experience in job searching as a trans person in a conservative area?

Zohar
COMMANDER PORN

Postby Zohar » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:34 pm UTC

Good luck Osha... Any chance of getting some help from your mother, name-change-wise and stuff like that?

The coordinator of our LGBT groups (me and a girl are the instructors of one of the groups, he supervises four groups in our area) just wrote me we an e-mail. He said should do a meeting/activity regarding AIDS, then he wrote "I'm assuming I told you you've got an HIV positive guy in your group?" which he absolutely didn't, and now I'm a bit shocked, as well as wondering who that could be...
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

Aaeriele

Postby Aaeriele » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:08 pm UTC

Osha wrote:
Spoiler:
I want to move out from my moms house, and to accomplish this I need to find a part time job. This is complicated by the fact that it's uh, pretty obvious I'm trans just from looking at me. Aaaaand the state I live in isn't exactly known for it's acceptance of LGBT people. So I have the sneaking suspicion most employers won't want to touch me with a 10 foot pole. There's lots of stereotypes and misconceptions out there about hiring trans people (OH MY GOD RESROOOMS!!! THEY'LL SHOW UP TO WORK IN A DRESS!! A FLOWERY DRESS!!!).

So then it's like
Augh! Augh!
Do I try and change my name legally (costs around $200 bucks) before job searching?
If I apply as a guy what do I do about the whole boob thing? I guess I'll have to dig out some old shirts and see how I look wearing the sports bra (they're really tiny, but definitely visible under clothes that aren't too big, and I'd really prefer to not have to bind them).
What if I got hired somewhere and then they found out I was trans down the line?
*worry worry worry*

Anyone else have any experience in job searching as a trans person in a conservative area?

Unfortunately I don't really have anything useful to offer in that area, aside from moral support. :? But work does seem to be one of the most complex issues when it comes to transitioning. *hug*

Wyvern

Postby Wyvern » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:47 pm UTC

Aaeriele wrote:
Osha wrote:
Spoiler:

So then it's like
Augh! Augh!
*worry worry worry*

Unfortunately I don't really have anything useful to offer in that area, aside from moral support. :? But work does seem to be one of the most complex issues when it comes to transitioning. *hug*

Tell me about it....I work at a day care that's set up in a school, so in addition to my boss and co-workers, I'm regularly interacting with The school staff and some 40+ kids. That is going to be a huge mess. Not looking forward to it. eek.

Good luck Osha, I hope you can find something. *hugs*

so!

I went out clothes shopping today, with a friend for support. I just got back from it. And ohmygod that was so nerve racking. I managed to not have a meltdown in the store, barely. Having a friend there was wonderful though. She helped me with just like, picking out stuff and giving advice on what sorts of things go together, and what looks good, and help with sizing, and yeah. She was just super wonderful, there's no way I could have done that without her. All in all, it was a success, I got a wicked cute outfit out of it. =3

Josephine

Postby Josephine » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:50 pm UTC

Wyvern wrote:I went out clothes shopping today, with a friend for support. I just got back from it. And ohmygod that was so nerve racking. I managed to not have a meltdown in the store, barely. Having a friend there was wonderful though. She helped me with just like, picking out stuff and giving advice on what sorts of things go together, and what looks good, and help with sizing, and yeah. She was just super wonderful, there's no way I could have done that without her. All in all, it was a success, I got a wicked cute outfit out of it. =3

Can we see (obligatory clothes-only-if-you-want message here)?
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.

Wyvern

Postby Wyvern » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:06 pm UTC

I'm definitely going to take some pictures later, after I can calm down a bit. (aaah so nervous and jittery still.) I'll be sure to post them when I do. :)

Aaeriele

Postby Aaeriele » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:49 am UTC

Wyvern wrote:I'm definitely going to take some pictures later, after I can calm down a bit. (aaah so nervous and jittery still.) I'll be sure to post them when I do. :)

*hughughug* glad you made it through okay and got something enjoyable out of it ^_^ hopefully the next time will be a little easier, and so on. :)

Esperite

Postby Esperite » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Yay Wyvern! I'm happy for you. It feels really nice being able to get clothes (I should know =P.) I really want to tell one of my friends so that I can be supported by a friend. I'm glad your friend was willing to help out; I'm sure that makes it much better.
As for working environments, I offer moral support. I haven't even starting looking for a job yet, so I don't know what it's like or how hard it is, but I hope you manage to figure out what needs to be done.
— Oscar Wilde

Osha

Postby Osha » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:21 am UTC

Yay for successful clothes shopping! Huge accomplishment.
It does get much much easier over time (or at least it did for me)
And clothes *do* basically rock

Thanks for all the well wishes on job searching everyone.
I'm gonna really push looking for a job starting next week, as a guy probably.
I'm shooting for minimum wage so hopefully I'll be able to get something <_<

Wyvern

Postby Wyvern » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:30 am UTC

Hi!

It's me:
Attachments
232106.jpg

TheGrammarBolshevik
Location: Going to and fro in the earth, and walking up and down in it.

Postby TheGrammarBolshevik » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:44 am UTC

*delurks*

That's very pretty. I hereby deem this clothes-shopping a success!
Nothing rhymes with orange,
Not even sporange.

Osha

Postby Osha » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:46 am UTC

ooh, awesome! I love that shirt! Very pretty.

Aaeriele

Postby Aaeriele » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 am UTC

Is that a royal-blue-ish color, or a purple? I can't be sure because of the light, but either way I like it. :)

(I'm a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge purple fan, and royal blues are nice too. >.>)

Wyvern

Postby Wyvern » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:24 am UTC

It's purple. (I love dark purples!) And thank you all so much! I'm feeling great. Just wearing this around my room even feels awesome. <3

diotimajsh

Postby diotimajsh » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:37 am UTC

Very cute, Wyvern! You look great :).
Osha wrote:Foolish Patriarchy! Your feeble attempts at social pressure have no effect on my invincible awesomeness! Bwahahahaa

Blog type thing

coolstorybro

Postby coolstorybro » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:45 am UTC

Hi. I just finished reading through this entire thread. Overall it's left me with a warm, fuzzy feeling, despite the occasional rage at the crap some people had to go through.

I'm a gay guy, and I'm only slightly out. I've told my parents through a letter, and we talked out it afterwords. They were very supportive, though at first they were wondering how sure I was(mostly because at the time I had recently stopped chemotherapy, and my mom knew that that could cause a lowered sex drive ). I assured them that I wasn't just feeling not attracted to women, and that I had a healthy sex drive(awkward). Later that year I told one of my brothers, and he was just like, 'ok', which is good I guess.

Currently though, I'm a bit frustrated with myself for not doing any more than that. It's just so easy to ignore when I'm with my friends and having fun, though of course eventually I'm alone again, and it's becoming the only thing I think about when I'm alone. I know none of my friends would hate me or anything(well, actually, there's one who I've heard from internet hearsay 'has a problem with the gays' , but I've convinced myself based on his approval of a yuri/yoai sword at JAFAX that it's probably not true.) I just wish I didn't have such a strong instinct to go with the flow, and avoid awkward conversations.
Though I really shouldn't be worrying about this right now, because I've got a programing assignment due in a few hours.

animeHrmIne

Postby animeHrmIne » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:10 pm UTC

Welcome to the thread!

I don't really have much advice on the whole coming out thing, but I'm sure that you'll be fine either way. There shouldn't be any pressure to come out before you're ready, but maybe if it's on your mind so much then you are ready? I don't know, I'll let the more experienced people talk.

But yeah, welcome. =^;^=
I wanted to see the universe, so I stole a Time Lord and ran away. And you were the only one mad enough.
Biting's excellent! It's like kissing, only there's a winner.
-Sexy

Return to “General”