[SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQA Thread - Queer Support!

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Ginger

Re: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQA Thread - Queer Support!

Postby Ginger » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:14 am UTC

Dr34m(4+(h3r wrote:Looks like I'm going to be a homeless person in Hawaii for the rest of my life.

I doubt it. Just have faith and your life shall get better. I know being homeless sucks sucks sucks sucks. Anyways if you wanna you can disregard my little bit of Christianity and I hope your life gets better. I hope you can find a way out of being homeless through faith, personal sacrifice, finding a job or whatever.
Amy Lee wrote:Blurring and stirring the truth and the lies.

Azula to Long Feng wrote:Don't flatter yourself, you were never even a player.

chridd
Has a vermicelli title

Postby chridd » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:47 am UTC

CelticNot wrote:Dunno whether I should post this here or in the Woman Thread, but...

I know there's no evidence for developing periods when on female hormones, but I'll be damned if I haven't had an emotional low like clockwork every 4.5 weeks in the last six months. I almost wish I had the physical symptoms to go with it, because then it would catch me less off-guard each time.
Just came across this: https://www.reddit.com/r/traaaaaaannnnnnnnnns/comments/7o0067/mtf_cis_girls_when_they_find_out_you_have_periods/ (see the comments). I think I've also seen someone bring up monthly cramps sometime earlier as well. So maybe it hasn't been rigorously scientifically studied, but there does seem to be anecdotal evidence for it at least.
~ chri d. d. /tʃɹɪ.di.di/ (Phonotactics, schmphonotactics) · she(?)(?(?)(?))(?(?(?))(?))(?) · Forum game scores
mittfh wrote:I wish this post was very quotable...
flicky1991 wrote:In both cases the quote is "I'm being quoted too much!"

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:50 am UTC

I um didn't think trans* girls could ever ever have periods? I didn't think that was like possible? I'll read the actual link and see the comments but the title is creeping me out.

CelticNot

Postby CelticNot » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:58 pm UTC

Ginger wrote:I um didn't think trans* girls could ever ever have periods? I didn't think that was like possible? I'll read the actual link and see the comments but the title is creeping me out.

For the sake of clarification, we'll never bleed (and I haven't even had the surgery yet), but bleeding isn't the ONLY part of a period - only the most visible. Anything which is strictly hormonal (like mood swings) can still happen. Almost everything I've seen about it so far is strictly anecdotal, so it's debatable whether it's psychosomatic or actually happening, but the difference is academic when you're on the verge of tears for inexplicable reasons.
This sig for rent. Rates negotiable.

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:04 pm UTC

Ooh-Ooh I see. Well, hormones/estrogen made me cry a lot inexplicably so there's your mood swings for you. I wish I could have an actual period like a normal young woman though. It's so alienating to have entire biological functions pass me by that other girls can do: Having children and periods being two of them. I can only use the genetic materials I no longer even produce reliably to "impregnate a woman." And then those are HER CHILDREN that She Made to Term not mine. </3

Dr34m(4+(h3r

Postby Dr34m(4+(h3r » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:20 am UTC

Posting this here:

https://www.youcaring.com/jessicaevans-1061679

Would very much appreciate any help, including reposts to elsewhere.

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:21 am UTC

I donated $11.50. Hopefully that's a bit of Ginger charities for you. <3

Dr34m(4+(h3r

Postby Dr34m(4+(h3r » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:30 am UTC

Ginger wrote:I donated $11.50. Hopefully that's a bit of Ginger charities for you. <3

<3

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:03 pm UTC

Transgender woman rant: Last night I was on my little video game making outfits for my role play ladies and giving them back stories. I was on Moon Guard server. I went to flirt in a tavern and some guy was chatting me up. It was all good at first and then second came: "Yet you're a real girl aren't you? You're not just acting like one?" And I said I am a real woman no need to ID me officer. And when he got his feelings hurt I submit, apologized, said it was lovely chatting with him and excused myself to take a shower.

Monika
Welcoming Aarvark

Postby Monika » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:25 pm UTC

Dr34m(4+(h3r wrote:Posting this here:

I reposted it to my tumblr
#xkcd-q on irc.foonetic.net - the LGBTIQQA support channel
Please donate to help these people e.g. Ragna needs these items and Frances needs money for food

Dr34m(4+(h3r

Postby Dr34m(4+(h3r » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:35 pm UTC

Monika wrote:
Dr34m(4+(h3r wrote:Posting this here:

I reposted it to my tumblr

Thank you! :D

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:39 am UTC

Homeless tranny women harassment: I went to a warming building for homeless men and women. They all slept in the same room so both men and women harassed me in the same night. Even a little kid.

Injustice one: Some guy strolled up to me and ordered me to respect his home because, "It's all I have." And my purse and clothes and handbag are the only possessions I have too dude.

Injustice two: Some guy smoking with me outside cigs of course was like, "Are you a female? I wasn't looking closely enough to tell." And when I got offended and made some remark about being lectured by an officer he got sheepish and backed off. Like you can't tell I have long hair, breasts, women's clothes and makeups on? C'mon.

Injustice three: It broke my heart. Some little girl said to me, "You look like a girl but talk like a boy!" And I tried to brush it off all shyly by hiding my face slightly and saying softly, "Yes I do yet even hormones can't change my voice now. Too late for that."

Dr34m(4+(h3r

Postby Dr34m(4+(h3r » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:56 am UTC

I checked both shelters in Waikiki which are known to me. One has no availabilities and the other is a woman’s only shelter that wants $400 a month and will probably kick me out as soon as they figure out I have a dick. If I had a month of leeway in which to find a job I could probably afford $400 a month, but I don’t, I have a week (prorated rent until the end of the month would be $130-something). And there’s always the possibility of failing to find the job in time. Anyway, I am probably going to check myself into the mental hospital, even though that doesn’t solve any of my problems (except getting me hormones for a month or two that I don’t have otherwise).

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:01 am UTC

Ha-ha lol women's shelters. They, so abusive and wildly inappropriate re: bodies' parts. And good luck. I would suggest another alternative yet no one wanna hear it so? Anyways: If I ever have extra monies I can send you some more if you wanna? I am not trying to be intimidating. Anyways talk to you later love hearing about your life and feelings and jobs woes. <3

Dr34m(4+(h3r

Postby Dr34m(4+(h3r » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:15 am UTC

I'm in a shelter now. So in theory that resolves some of my problems. I will give life another try.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:27 am UTC

Glad you’v got a roof back over your head and it feels like there’s a little hope again :)
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:44 am UTC

Dr34m(4+(h3r wrote:I'm in a shelter now. So in theory that resolves some of my problems. I will give life another try.

Yay for you! Good lucks and I hopes the shelter you in treat you right. <3 :D

Quercus

Postby Quercus » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:21 am UTC

Dr34m(4+(h3r wrote:I'm in a shelter now. So in theory that resolves some of my problems. I will give life another try.

Glad you found a shelter. Good luck with everything!

On a very much more minor note here are two recent femme grooming discoveries which make me happy: the key to using bobby pins is to twist your hair before pinning and a straight razor* makes a kickass eyebrow shaping tool (I love it when I find femme-y uses for a typically masc grooming tool).

*one of the ones that takes standard razor blades snapped in half - I'm not one of the stropping and honing crowd.

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:06 pm UTC

Whiny crying about others of my type, my mental health commit hearing, RPGs happy thoughts.

Spoiler:
I can never meet other TG girls... it's like, there are none, in my town or whatever? And... I don't wanna meet eleven billion of them just one to be a peer friend you know? I wouldn't even mind dating a pretty pretty TG girl, whether she had her surgeries, breasts or feminine hormones or not. And... I was receiving more estrogen for about a day. And someone looked up, 'women in menopause going through estrogen withdrawl,' on the fam comp. Which: Was like my trial? They say I crave estrogen, I have estrogen withdrawal.. didn't know that be a thing? And: I finally find a good, awesome, supportive groups of friends HERE AND on a chat room? I am playing a really satisfying RPG with these friends, texts only, though everyone can choose profiles and pics and color their texts... it's really funny and fun like wow? Better than my li'l game by far, far.

Return to “General”