MID/UMPC Opinions?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Zachh

MID/UMPC Opinions?

Postby Zachh » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:54 pm UTC

So I'm moving to California by the end of June to start College. I'm going to the University of Advancing Technology in Arizona and upon further inspection I've found out that the entire campus has Wi-Fi so for a graduation present my parents said they would get me a second laptop ( I bought my own a few months ago) so obviously I want something ultra portable becuase it's a big campus and not all my classes will require the needs of my full laptop.

So I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with MIDs or UMPCs, and if so a few suggestions as to what I should get.

I was looking into Mac Air and the Dell Adamo but recently the Vilvi S5 caught my eye.

Any thoughts?
void applythefunny(){
if (isrReading) {
currentJoke--;
} else {
System.err.println("Thats the joke!");
}
}

J the Ninja

Re: MID/UMPC Opinions?

Postby J the Ninja » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:27 am UTC

First of all, what do you have already? How big is it? You may want to hang on to the money and just tote that around campus all the time. Depending on what you are doing, you may want to also look at getting a a desktop to complement your current laptop. Laptops generally aren't made for heavy-duty computing.
Shishichi wrote:Applies a sexward force to counter the sexpression effect that Forward Advection can apply to fluid density, particularly along sextainer boundaries. In this way, the sextribute attempts to conserve the overall fluid volume ensuring no density loss.
(he/him/his)

Return to “General”