swearing

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

setreset1

swearing

Postby setreset1 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:17 am UTC

A question:
do you know a forum where you can freely swear and abuse each other verbally? calling each other names in the most insulting personal way you can conceive?
all google and alternative searches have turned up null.
I would also welcome such places featuring languages other than english.

Meowgan
<3 Everyone [...] Especially Gordon

Re: swearing

Postby Meowgan » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:25 am UTC

Why did you join this forum just to ask that?
<L> dude. she made a motherfucking stargate.
<L> you need to keep this girl. do whatever it takes.

Brooker

Postby Brooker » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:29 am UTC

So you joined what i can only describe as the most civil and accepting forum i've ever stumbled across, to ask for a forum where you can swear at people and hurl abuse...

rnew
RAAAAAAGGGHHH I'M A DINOSAUR

Postby rnew » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:42 am UTC

/b/
Meowgan wrote:Rnew, you're so hot. Boom!
Zohar wrote:Seriously rnew, I cannot get over how awesome your avatar is. It brings up a smile every time I see it.

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:04 am UTC

... although technically, swearing is allowed (fucking right it is). Abusing people randomly, NOT SO MUCH.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Ocean

Postby Ocean » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:23 am UTC

Maybe you could opt-in for joining the ''Free as in Destitute'' forum, at the bottom of the list here. Don't know the prerequisites though, but I don't intend to join that part of the forum either.

I guess I didn't know what I was saying, I apologize =x
Last edited by Ocean on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:45 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Moo

Postby Moo » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:26 am UTC

Please don't encourage people who think that swearing and abusing people is the epitomy of fun to join The Truly Free. We are self moderated and work very hard to keep that kind of thing out of the Free As In Destitute subforum. And believe me, we do get them out of there, but it's hassle.

Basically: FaiD != /b/
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

rnew
RAAAAAAGGGHHH I'M A DINOSAUR

Postby rnew » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:34 am UTC

Ocean wrote:Maybe you could opt-in for joining the ''Free as in Destitute'' forum, at the bottom of the list here.
Nothing to see here.
Meowgan wrote:Rnew, you're so hot. Boom!
Zohar wrote:Seriously rnew, I cannot get over how awesome your avatar is. It brings up a smile every time I see it.

Magilla

Postby Magilla » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:45 am UTC

Yeah, try /b/
They perceive my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and have thus concluded that I am of Caucasian decent, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred

Ocean

Postby Ocean » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:48 am UTC

...besides, where's the fun in abusing each other verbally? I bet it gets old, and fast at that. There are probably much better ways to get rid of your aggression, like running hard or boxing or whatever.

Blokey

Postby Blokey » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:02 pm UTC

You may have better luck here.
Only the tone of your own inner monologue separates a reading of superciliousness or philanthropy - Felstaff

Von Haus

Postby Von Haus » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:05 pm UTC

Ocean wrote:Maybe you could opt-in for joining the ''Free as in Destitute'' forum, at the bottom of the list here. Don't know the prerequisites though, but I don't intend to join that part of the forum either.

How do you go about joining the Truly Free and what is it exactly? Or is it one of those "clubs" that only certain people are allowed in?
A bee sees Dee 'effigy' Hitch, I 'Jay' kill, amen OP, queue arresty UV double, you ex-wizard!

Ocean

Postby Ocean » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:12 pm UTC

Von Haus wrote:How do you go about joining the Truly Free and what is it exactly? Or is it one of those "clubs" that only certain people are allowed in?

I guess you'll have to ask one of their leaders by PM. I don't know exactly what it is, but apparently it's a self-moderated forum (and not the chaos I pictured it to be). About the prerequisites, I gave no idea about those, you'd have to ask someone else ^^

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:14 pm UTC

Von Haus wrote:How do you go about joining the Truly Free and what is it exactly? Or is it one of those "clubs" that only certain people are allowed in?
You are asking questions that have been answered elsewhere on the forum. While that's not exactly a rude area, they don't really have patience for those who cannot help themselves.

So what I'm saying is - as your questions have already been answered, if you can't figure it out, perhaps it's not the place for you.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

setreset1

Postby setreset1 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:46 pm UTC

Sorting through the answers, I can affirm that
"here" (yourmom forum) didn't load, but I found "Not your moms forum" which does not seem to be about insulting
I have no idea what /b/ means

To answer the questions raised, I joined the forum in the spirit of the webcomic, which apparently is not wholly emulated :wink:
I wouldn't know if it gets old, since I've never had the pleasure of trying. The point is, I think, not to abuse someone if you're not creative about it.

and please let me know if you know of such a place where you can abuse your fellow stranger with his consent...

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:49 pm UTC

setreset1 wrote:I have no idea what /b/ means
/b/ (NSFW ads)
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Moo

Postby Moo » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:53 pm UTC

Aw, bless. You're new here*, aren't you? /b/ is a board on 4chan.

I joined the forum in the spirit of the webcomic, which apparently is not wholly emulated :wink:
I'd be extremely interested to know what part of the spirit of the comic is about swearing and insulting, rather than "getting it".

*and by here, I mean the Internet.

Lord Aurora

Postby Lord Aurora » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:54 pm UTC

I wasn't aware that the spirit of the webcomic included such facets as "being a dickwad." Of course, I could be reading it wrong.
Decker wrote:Children! Children! There's no need to fight. You're ALL stupid.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:04 pm UTC

Moo wrote:
Now now.. we all remember a time when we saw a link and thought "Lemonparty? That sounds odd, but maybe it's something cool.. lemme click this link here.... well, right after I check out this Tubgirl link. She sounds hot."

To be innocent again....

Moo

Postby Moo » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:14 pm UTC

"Hey, I like lemons! And I like parties! I am sure I'm going to love this..."

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:18 pm UTC

setreset1 wrote:To answer the questions raised, I joined the forum in the spirit of the webcomic, which apparently is not wholly emulated :wink:

The spirit of the webcomic is romance, sarcasm, maths and language. I suppose you could argue that swearing falls under the "language" category, but hurling random insults at people doesn't. Basically, this forum is the exact antithesis of what you're looking for.

Edit: which means you should try the dckx forums.
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:22 pm UTC

Man, I hate that place. TalonSecond is a dick.

setreset1

Postby setreset1 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:23 pm UTC

Thank you, I guess /b/ is a possible terminus to my quest.
Infiltrating their inside speech will probably be my first step towards obnoxiousness.
You people are nice to noobs!

-- about the spirit of the webcomic, as some (few apparently) have noticed, the main recognizable character is a top-class random abuser (the one with a hat)

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:23 pm UTC

ReaperSly is a well known troll there.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:25 pm UTC

setreset1 wrote:Thank you, I guess /b/ is a possible terminus to my quest.
Infiltrating their inside speech will probably be my first step towards obnoxiousness.
You people are nice to noobs!

-- about the spirit of the webcomic, as some (few apparently) have noticed, the main recognizable character is a top-class random abuser (the one with a hat)

Black Hat Guy doesn't hurl random abuse at people though.

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:25 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Man, I hate that place. TalonSexy is a dick.
fix'd
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:26 pm UTC

Indeed. His abuse is controlled and calculated to cause harm to people being ignorant. Elevating intelligence and intellectualism via mockery and insults.

Also, that's just the filter they have in place there.

Moo

Postby Moo » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:28 pm UTC

pseudoidiot wrote:Man, I hate that place. TalonSexy is a dick.
SecondTalon wrote:Indeed. His abuse is controlled and calculated to cause harm to people being ignorant.
It still works!

Hawknc
Oompa Loompa of SCIENCE!

Postby Hawknc » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:33 pm UTC

setreset1 wrote:-- about the spirit of the webcomic, as some (few apparently) have noticed, the main recognizable character is a top-class random abuser (the one with a hat)

Oh, we noticed plenty. Most of our moderating principles are derived from it (including but not limited to the "because it's funny" precedent established in previous case law). If you think Black Hat Guy just abuses randoms for no particular reason, though, you might be interpreting it differently to the rest of us.

singlefin

Postby singlefin » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:34 pm UTC

Came in here hoping it was a thread for swapping swearing hints and tips.

Huh.

setzer777
Good questions sometimes get stupid answers

Postby setzer777 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:43 pm UTC

Hawknc wrote:
setreset1 wrote:-- about the spirit of the webcomic, as some (few apparently) have noticed, the main recognizable character is a top-class random abuser (the one with a hat)

Oh, we noticed plenty. Most of our moderating principles are derived from it (including but not limited to the "because it's funny" precedent established in previous case law). If you think Black Hat Guy just abuses randoms for no particular reason, though, you might be interpreting it differently to the rest of us.

I dunno...some of his abuse is towards people who deserve it, but a lot of it is towards totally innocent people who are just minding their own business.
Meaux_Pas wrote:We're here to go above and beyond.

Too infinity
of being an arsehole

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:48 pm UTC

setzer777 wrote:
Hawknc wrote:

I dunno...some of his abuse is towards people who deserve it, but a lot of it is towards totally innocent people who are just minding their own business.

Yeah but he always has a reason. Like that guy who overheard him and his girlfriend saying embarassing things to each other.

Meowgan
<3 Everyone [...] Especially Gordon

Postby Meowgan » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:49 pm UTC

But mindless swearing is below the level of the classhole.
<L> dude. she made a motherfucking stargate.
<L> you need to keep this girl. do whatever it takes.

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:50 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
Moo wrote:
Now now.. we all remember a time when we saw a link and thought "Lemonparty? That sounds odd, but maybe it's something cool.. lemme click this link here.... well, right after I check out this Tubgirl link. She sounds hot."

To be innocent again....

I didn't know what /b/ was...I thought it was broken tags, like [b] but messed up...and I don't know what the rest is either.

Also, I don't really care to know even now that apparently that stuff means something. I kinda like my innocence. Some things one just doesn't need to know.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

sje46

Postby sje46 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:03 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Man, I hate that place. TalonSecond is a dick.

Really? He seems a lot more pleasant than you are.
Spoiler:
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:04 pm UTC

Other way around. He's the dude who shaves. I'm the one with the beard. He's the one that's all "Be kind to your fellow man" and "Don't call people douchetrucks, it's not nice" and even "I think it's a good idea to not post so much, so that other people can get a word in."

And the dude's anti-gay rights and thinks it's a choice and all that, what with him being opposite me and all.

What a dick.

sje46

Postby sje46 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:08 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Other way around. He's the dude who shaves. I'm the one with the beard. He's the one that's all "Be kind to your fellow man" and "Don't call people douchetrucks, it's not nice" and even "I think it's a good idea to not post so much, so that other people can get a word in."

And the dude's anti-gay rights and thinks it's a choice and all that, what with him being opposite me and all.

What a dick.

Oh right, I know. That's exactly how he's like. And the weird thing is how similar you too are. Besides his pleasant personality, the only difference is that beard. It's kinda spooky, really. Almost like he's from a different, more sinister universe. . .
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.

Magilla

Postby Magilla » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:05 am UTC

singlefin wrote:Came in here hoping it was a thread for swapping swearing hints and tips.

Huh.

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries. Now go away before I taunt you a second time.

:wink:
They perceive my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and have thus concluded that I am of Caucasian decent, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred

videogamesizzle

Postby videogamesizzle » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:10 am UTC

Magilla wrote:
singlefin wrote:Came in here hoping it was a thread for swapping swearing hints and tips.

Huh.

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries. Now go away before I taunt you a second time.

:wink:
Pah! I wave my private parts at your aunties!

Also: fuck.
Look at me still talking when there's SCIENCE to do!
Silvyr wrote:I fucking love cocaine. I wish I could buy it somewhere...

smw543

Postby smw543 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:21 am UTC

Moo wrote:"Hey, I like lemons! And I like parties! I am sure I'm going to love this..."
sig'd so hard it made my head spin.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Now you know the difference between funny and sad.
Ubik wrote:But I'm too fond of the penis to let it go.
gmalivuk wrote:If you didn't want people to 'mis'understand you, then you probably should have tried saying something less stupid.

Return to “General”