the longboarding thread

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

a386

the longboarding thread

Postby a386 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:31 am UTC

I see a few people round these parts own and operate these fine fine conveyances, and after a little search I decided hey let's start a thread. A place for anecdotes, board reviews, your setup, whatever. So here we go!

I just got myself an arbor sizzler which arrived this morning and (which) so far I quite enjoy! I don't know much about boards having never really ridden a proper one before, but this certainly feels nice and smooth and it makes sharp turns. The board I had before this was plastic and as short as if not shorter than a trick board, though still kind of fish shaped and bearing longboardish trucks and wheels. I really kind of liked it (was flexy as hell even for being so short) but it was old and got left out in the rain a few times and when part of it finally rusted off, I decided to make the investment in a new one.

ALSO, I took it out for the first time today and ran it into a parked car on this twisty hill cause I had not gotten my bearings (ha) on it yet. Now my leg really hurts. woo?

nothinglikeit22

Re: the longboarding thread

Postby nothinglikeit22 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:30 pm UTC

Longboarding is the coolest thing ever. nuff said.

yea u should check out as much longboarding crap as possible. for gear and or info on the sport check out http://www.silverfishlongboarding.com/

not only do i love the sport, the whole culture of it is awwesome b/c it hasnet been ass-hole-ified like other major sports.

also check out different companies, this especialy helps spread stoke b/c ppl who like different riding styles group towards that type of company. i get so hyped when i think about all this stufff and now i have to go longboard.

EdgarJPublius
Official Propagandi.... Nifty Poster Guy

Postby EdgarJPublius » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:58 pm UTC

I thought this was about surfing, but it's just about skateboarding (lame)

I have to go start a thread about surf boards now.
Roosevelt wrote:
I wrote:Does Space Teddy Roosevelt wrestle Space Bears and fight the Space Spanish-American War with his band of Space-volunteers the Space Rough Riders?

Yes.

-still unaware of the origin and meaning of his own user-title

a386

Postby a386 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:30 pm UTC

I really want to learn how to surf but I'm not at the beach enough. someday *sigh.*

Doesn't mean skateboarding isn't great as hell though.

Walter.Horvath

Postby Walter.Horvath » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:52 am UTC

BUMP!

This thread should be thousands of pages long. You disappoint me fora. Has Randall made 'lectric board freaks out of the lot of you?

Man power ftw!

I'm a nub so far, but hope to get a Landyachtz drop carve or something similar sometime soon. So stoked :)

Return to “General”