Tipping Strippers

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
Adalwolf
Posts: 557
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:05 pm UTC

Tipping Strippers

Postby Adalwolf » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:36 am UTC

So I recently turned 21 (the legal age to drink in the US) and went to a strip club Friday night. Now at this club there was a cover charge (20 bucks), and each lap dance costs 20 bucks. A girl brings around a jar every hour and you give her a dollar- or you get kicked out. The VIP room is 50 bucks.

So with this in mind, should a person tip? If so, how much? I tipped a few bucks (3-5) on every lap dance, and I was bought, and bought myself, many dances that night. But the question remains.

This is also the type of strip clup that is out in the middle of a cornfield on a gravel road. If that helps.
Live with passion. Die with passion.

User avatar
Adalwolf
Posts: 557
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:05 pm UTC

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby Adalwolf » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:06 am UTC

What, no one here goes to strip clubs?
Live with passion. Die with passion.

User avatar
parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time
Posts: 5539
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:17 am UTC
Location: la-la land
Contact:

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby parkaboy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:13 am UTC

no one is alive at this hour. BUT here you go:

Tip as much as you feel it was worth, but we never went below $20 (one of my friends tipped about $100 for a 15 minute dance. She... was worth it and she stuck around and chatted with us on her break. Smart as hell, too). The dancers on stage? Usually $5's. We were also younger and had sweet ass jobs that allowed us to blow cash like that weekly. Strip clubs are expensive. You are better off buying a lot of booze and having crazy times with your friends, or renting a stripper.

*edit*
Oh, cornfield gravel road... not that those girls should get any less, but we were at some decent clubs in Dallas. I have no idea what to tip for that situation?
Image

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

User avatar
Adalwolf
Posts: 557
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:05 pm UTC

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby Adalwolf » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:28 am UTC

parkaboy wrote:no one is alive at this hour. BUT here you go:

Tip as much as you feel it was worth, but we never went below $20 (one of my friends tipped about $100 for a 15 minute dance. She... was worth it and she stuck around and chatted with us on her break. Smart as hell, too). The dancers on stage? Usually $5's. We were also younger and had sweet ass jobs that allowed us to blow cash like that weekly. Strip clubs are expensive. You are better off buying a lot of booze and having crazy times with your friends, or renting a stripper.

*edit*
Oh, cornfield gravel road... not that those girls should get any less, but we were at some decent clubs in Dallas. I have no idea what to tip for that situation?


Hey thanks for your advice parkaboy!

That's a little more expensive than what I saw anybody giving at this club, but giving generous tips is never a bad idea.

What I meant to infer with the cornfield and gravel road statement was that it was a full contact club- meaning you can touch the dancers.
Live with passion. Die with passion.

User avatar
Endless Mike
Posts: 3204
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:04 pm UTC

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby Endless Mike » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:42 pm UTC

If they're coming around and getting tips off-stage following a dance, I won't give more than a buck unless they were really good. If they're not doing that, I'll only give when I feel like they're doing an extra good job, and only if I'm at the stage. For a lap dance, I'll usually give 25% unless they were really good, in which case I'll give more. With different laws and such in different areas, it can be difficult to figure out, though.

User avatar
el_loco_avs
Posts: 1294
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:14 pm UTC

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby el_loco_avs » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:48 pm UTC

I thought you weren't supposed to touch them, let alone push them over.
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.

User avatar
Flagpole Sitta
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:27 pm UTC
Location: luminiferous æther
Contact:

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby Flagpole Sitta » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:03 pm UTC

Huh, Strip clubs. I've never been to one, but I've always thought it would be fun. I'm hesitant, though, because I'm worried that most clubs wouldn't be very lesbian-friendly and that there might be exploitation issues that I'm unaware of. Plus I'm broke and underage. :roll:
Poxic is, like, awesome. She's my favorite.

Kapojinha is pretty awesome too. <3

User avatar
Endless Mike
Posts: 3204
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:04 pm UTC

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby Endless Mike » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:20 pm UTC

I've never been to one that wasn't female friendly. In fact, it's not uncommon for many of the rules to be overlooked when they involve other women, assuming they even exist.

User avatar
TheKrikkitWars
Posts: 2205
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:08 pm UTC
Location: Bangor, Gwynedd, Gogledd Cymru
Contact:

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby TheKrikkitWars » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:46 pm UTC

FlagPoleSitta wrote:I'm hesitant, though, because I'm worried that most clubs wouldn't be very lesbian-friendly and that there might be exploitation issues that I'm unaware of.


Your problem is more likely that the clientel will be too lesbian friendly if you see what I mean... I don't think expliotation issues are widespread in the west; but in eastern europe and asia there are definite problems; and even non exploitational clubs are quite likely to have organised crime ties.
Great things are done when Men & Mountains meet,
This is not Done by Jostling in the Street.

User avatar
Izawwlgood
WINNING
Posts: 18686
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:55 pm UTC
Location: There may be lovelier lovelies...

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby Izawwlgood » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:58 pm UTC

At a bachelor party I went to recently, we tipped in singles, but a lot of em, almost constantly.

I second Parkaboy though, it's better to blow the cash to hire a stripper for an hour or so, and just tip her well.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

User avatar
Adalwolf
Posts: 557
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:05 pm UTC

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby Adalwolf » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:29 pm UTC

el_loco_avs wrote:I thought you weren't supposed to touch them, let alone push them over.


Some clubs you aren't supposed to touch the dancers; some clubs its allowed. I don't think any club would be happy about someone pushing over the dancers, though.
Live with passion. Die with passion.

thicknavyrain
ThinkGravyTrain
Posts: 913
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:41 pm UTC
Location: The Universe

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby thicknavyrain » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:39 pm UTC

el_loco_avs wrote:I thought you weren't supposed to touch them, let alone push them over.


Badum tsh!

</mymostpointlessposttodate>
RoadieRich wrote:Thicknavyrain is appointed Nex Artifex, Author of Death of the second FaiD Assassins' Guild.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26519
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:02 pm UTC

Adalwolf wrote:So with this in mind, should a person tip? If so, how much?
First question - Yes.

Second question - It depends. The only real advice I can say is to just look around and observe what other people are doing. Tip based on that + whatever you enjoy. Outside of that, fucked if I know.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Flagpole Sitta
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:27 pm UTC
Location: luminiferous æther
Contact:

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby Flagpole Sitta » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:26 pm UTC

thicknavyrain wrote:
el_loco_avs wrote:I thought you weren't supposed to touch them, let alone push them over.


Badum tsh!


Oh good lord, I just got that. xD

TheKrikkitWars wrote:
FlagPoleSitta wrote:I'm hesitant, though, because I'm worried that most clubs wouldn't be very lesbian-friendly and that there might be exploitation issues that I'm unaware of.


Your problem is more likely that the clientel will be too lesbian friendly if you see what I mean...


Yeah, that was mostly my concern, (And maybe the dancers might be uncomfortable.) ideally I would like to go to a woman only venue, but I'm not sure it's even legal for a club to bar patrons based on gender in the US.
Poxic is, like, awesome. She's my favorite.

Kapojinha is pretty awesome too. <3

User avatar
Endless Mike
Posts: 3204
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:04 pm UTC

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby Endless Mike » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:50 pm UTC

Considering the shit I've seen the girls do on stage, I *really* doubt they'd be uncomfortable.

Last time I went to a strip club, there was a birthday party group comprised of what appeared to be lesbians (yes, I'm stereotyping, but I'm sure you understand what I mean), and the girls seemed very happy to have them around. Of course, this was in Virginia, where you can't have any contact more than you would with a friend.

The patrons won't be paying any attention to you, unless you go up on stage with the dancers.

Dark567
First one to notify the boards of Rick and Morty Season 3
Posts: 3686
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:12 pm UTC
Location: Everywhere(in the US, I don't venture outside it too often, unfortunately)

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby Dark567 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:53 pm UTC

FlagPoleSitta wrote:
Yeah, that was mostly my concern, (And maybe the dancers might be uncomfortable.) ideally I would like to go to a woman only venue, but I'm not sure it's even legal for a club to bar patrons based on gender in the US.


Although I think its illegal to just bar people on gender, they defiantly often will charge different prices, sometimes like $30 for men and $5 for females. I once was at bar(not stripclub) in chicago that combined age and gender. It was something like $5 for men under 25 and $5 for women over 35 and around $40 for everyone who didn't fall into either of those categories. So although bars can't strictly bar it, they can defiantly try to make it cost prohibitive for certain demographics.
I apologize, 90% of the time I write on the Fora I am intoxicated.


Yakk wrote:The question the thought experiment I posted is aimed at answering: When falling in a black hole, do you see the entire universe's future history train-car into your ass, or not?

User avatar
parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time
Posts: 5539
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:17 am UTC
Location: la-la land
Contact:

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby parkaboy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:12 pm UTC

Of the clubs I've been to, the dancers were friendly towards me at all of them. I am not a lesbian, but sometimes you just can't tell, can you? I was actually the "go getter" for my group because I am female, and thus able to approach the dancers more easily, as in without stuttering and being bashful or looking like a creep that crossed an entire club for THAT particular girl. Sometimes I got dances just because. I didn't ask, they didn't charge, but I tipped them anyway.
Image

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

User avatar
Flagpole Sitta
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:27 pm UTC
Location: luminiferous æther
Contact:

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby Flagpole Sitta » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:27 pm UTC

Parkaboy, that makes me feel better about strip clubs! Maybe I should ask my friends to take me to one for my 21st birthday...
Poxic is, like, awesome. She's my favorite.

Kapojinha is pretty awesome too. <3

User avatar
Izawwlgood
WINNING
Posts: 18686
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:55 pm UTC
Location: There may be lovelier lovelies...

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby Izawwlgood » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:33 pm UTC

parkaboy wrote:I was actually the "go getter" for my group because I am female, and thus able to approach the dancers more easily, as in without stuttering and being bashful or looking like a creep that crossed an entire club for THAT particular girl. Sometimes I got dances just because. I didn't ask, they didn't charge, but I tipped them anyway.


I find the entire experience to be wholly bizarre, but want to point out that while it's certainly possible to be creepy crossing a bar to go watch a particular girl, you're in a strip club, and that significantly changes the bar of what is acceptable. A lot of people I've observed in strip clubs follow a bimodal behavioral distribution; They're either rowdy and out of control, guzzling booze and slapping/grabbing asses, OR, they're quiet, reserved, intently staring everywhere but never meeting anyone's eyes. I find both to potentially be very creepy.

Like, walking over to a woman changing in a public park behind some bushes - Creepy.
Walking over to a stripper stripping in strip club - Not in and of itself creepy.

Generally however, I find the bolded section to be a truism. You might not have asked for anything she just did, but you should tip her anyway, and if you didn't like it, you should say "I want you to _______" as you tip her. If she repeats the thing you don't like, then you consider not tipping.

Overall however, of the, I dunno, 6 strip clubs I've been to, I've only enjoyed myself at 2. Of the 3 parties I've been at with strippers, I've found two of those experiences to be enjoyable. Anecdotal, I know, but still.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

User avatar
Endless Mike
Posts: 3204
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:04 pm UTC

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby Endless Mike » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:07 pm UTC

Dark567 wrote:I once was at bar(not stripclub) in chicago that combined age and gender. It was something like $5 for men under 25 and $5 for women over 35

Was this a cougar bar? Interesting idea.

Dark567
First one to notify the boards of Rick and Morty Season 3
Posts: 3686
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:12 pm UTC
Location: Everywhere(in the US, I don't venture outside it too often, unfortunately)

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby Dark567 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:28 pm UTC

Endless Mike wrote:
Dark567 wrote:I once was at bar(not stripclub) in chicago that combined age and gender. It was something like $5 for men under 25 and $5 for women over 35

Was this a cougar bar? Interesting idea.

Yes, it was definitely a cougar bar.
I apologize, 90% of the time I write on the Fora I am intoxicated.


Yakk wrote:The question the thought experiment I posted is aimed at answering: When falling in a black hole, do you see the entire universe's future history train-car into your ass, or not?

User avatar
Flagpole Sitta
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:27 pm UTC
Location: luminiferous æther
Contact:

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby Flagpole Sitta » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:59 am UTC

Every time I see this thread title in the fora I read it as Stripping Tippers. I'm not sure anyone cares, but it makes me giggle.
Poxic is, like, awesome. She's my favorite.

Kapojinha is pretty awesome too. <3

DSenette
Posts: 2418
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:08 pm UTC

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby DSenette » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:53 pm UTC

if it's a mandatory charge (i.e. they walk around with a jar and if you don't put something in it you get kicked out) it's not a tip....it's a fee....and it's offensive... the point of tipping (in any situation) is to show appreciation for a job well done....not appreciation for a job done...that's what a cover charge or a service fee is for....yeah that goes for anywhere...restaurant (shitty service = no tip), bar (shitty bartending = no tip), strip club (crappy dancing = no tip)...the only time you should be REQUIRED to give them money is for "services" like lap dances or VIP room shenanigans...if they're flailing around the stage like a drunken yak....then they don't deserve a tip...if they're not willing to put in the minimum energy required for the job (at least act like you're having a good time and have personality) then you don't deserve more than the minimum amount required for entry into the club

a LOT of people tend to have this idea that a good amount of people who end up working in strip clubs are doing so against their will...which makes them feel bad for not tipping the people there if they don't look like they're enjoying themselves...this isn't the case...there is NO situation that results in a person being REQUIRED to work as a stripper....if you don't LIKE doing it...go to burger king
The Righteous Hand Of Retribution
"The evaporation of 4 million who believe this crap would leave the world an instantly better place." ~Andre Codresu (re: "the Rapture")

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26519
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:21 pm UTC

Against their will? That one's tricky. First, you'd need to show me a job where, with no education - not even a high school diploma, you can make $200 in a single shift. We're talking an average of $30,000 a year, most of it untaxed for a 20 hour work week.

I assure you, you can't do that at Burger King.

And then there's the reasons as to why a person needs to make that much money in that short of time. Kids. Education. Drug habit. Dying parent. In a Financial Fuckhold. Reasons ranging from poor planning or shitty luck to self-indulgent behavior or a simple desire for lots of money.

So you are right.. there's no one holding a gun to a woman's head and forcing her into a strip club. However, if she's 22, has two kids, and wasn't able to complete High School... what are her options?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
BSamuels
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:44 pm UTC
Location: 0x000001

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby BSamuels » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:22 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:However, if she's 22, has two kids, and wasn't able to complete High School... what are her options?



Then she's on welfare.






Duh.
I love time warner cable.
Image

User avatar
rath358
The bone of my bone
Posts: 944
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:02 am UTC
Location: west Camberville

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby rath358 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:49 am UTC

Is it like cow tipping?
(sorry, couldn't resist)

User avatar
LinuxPenguin
Posts: 486
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:37 am UTC
Location: Earth. (it's the pretty blue one)
Contact:

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby LinuxPenguin » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:57 am UTC

rath358 wrote:Is it like cow tipping?


No, that's a different sort of club, and they charge extra for that sort of thing. :P
 Mac User (Running OS X, Linux, and Chrome OS)

User avatar
Ivora
Posts: 1088
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:18 am UTC
Location: Wandering the Crystal Blue.

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby Ivora » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:41 am UTC

This is a.... interesting topic! I approve! :)

So long as you treat them fairly. :|

FrankManic
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:12 pm UTC

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby FrankManic » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:49 am UTC

I went to one once, stayed for about twenty minutes, and decided that vaginas are only interesting when someone is showing you theirs because they like you.

And I cannot, in all my debauched glory, imagine an activity involving a naked woman dancing that is worth 400$ an hour. Unless she is dancing and providing you with expert legal counsel, I guess.

User avatar
Magilla
Posts: 478
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:28 pm UTC
Location: Esperance, Western Australia
Contact:

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby Magilla » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:56 am UTC

FrankManic wrote:I went to one once, stayed for about twenty minutes, and decided that vaginas are only interesting when someone is showing you theirs because they like you.

And I cannot, in all my debauched glory, imagine an activity involving a naked woman dancing that is worth 400$ an hour. Unless she is dancing and providing you with expert legal counsel, I guess.

Agreed. I'm not interested in pr0n for much the same reason.
They perceive my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and have thus concluded that I am of Caucasian decent, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred

User avatar
Ivora
Posts: 1088
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:18 am UTC
Location: Wandering the Crystal Blue.

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby Ivora » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:39 am UTC

Magilla wrote:
FrankManic wrote:I went to one once, stayed for about twenty minutes, and decided that vaginas are only interesting when someone is showing you theirs because they like you.

And I cannot, in all my debauched glory, imagine an activity involving a naked woman dancing that is worth 400$ an hour. Unless she is dancing and providing you with expert legal counsel, I guess.

Agreed. I'm not interested in pr0n for much the same reason.


Rofl! :D Well said. BUT 400 AN HOUR?!

Can someone say RIP OFF? :roll:

DSenette
Posts: 2418
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:08 pm UTC

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby DSenette » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:36 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Against their will? That one's tricky. First, you'd need to show me a job where, with no education - not even a high school diploma, you can make $200 in a single shift. We're talking an average of $30,000 a year, most of it untaxed for a 20 hour work week.

I assure you, you can't do that at Burger King.

And then there's the reasons as to why a person needs to make that much money in that short of time. Kids. Education. Drug habit. Dying parent. In a Financial Fuckhold. Reasons ranging from poor planning or shitty luck to self-indulgent behavior or a simple desire for lots of money.

So you are right.. there's no one holding a gun to a woman's head and forcing her into a strip club. However, if she's 22, has two kids, and wasn't able to complete High School... what are her options?

typical justifications.....ironically they're the same justifications for most robberies and quite a few murders....IMO it doesn't hold water..


if she's 22 why does she have 2 kids? unless she was raped....she has 2 kids because of HER actions....not mine....no one forced her (again...unless she was raped) to have 2 kids...i also assume that in your scenario she's a single mother....again....no one forced her to have 2 kids with a douche that left her....and even if she's had the 2 kids then the dad was a great guy but then he dies (again no one's fault)...then one would assume that there would/could be assistance from parents and family....enough to keep someone afloat.....why didn't she finish highschool? even if she had these 2 kids in highschool...who's fault is that (again...no rape)? it's not the schools fault....it's not anyone else's fault but hers...

there are QUITE a few people who have children in highschool....and they FINISH highschool and MANY of them actually go to college and do well...why is it that this one girl couldn't? because she chose not to because it wasn't important to her....

so should i really feel like she's been "forced" into stripping? there's no such thing as being FORCED into a job/occupation...it doesn't happen

and BESIDES the fact that you can't be forced into a job.....even if you HATE your job and don't want to do it (which by the way...there's a cure for that...it's called getting another job) if you want to make MONEY at that job (especially if the majority of the money is tip based) then you damned well better put your game face on and do a good job at it.... i don't see the point in rewarding someone for a shitty job (which is my point)...if the job is slightly sub-par you're going to get a tip (not a big one)...if your job is on par...you get an average tip....and if you do an above par job you get an above par tip...but if you do a shitty job (a waiter that comes to your table once during a 2 hour meal and gets your order wrong, or a stripper that's flopping around on stage looking sad/angry and generally doing a bad job) you're going to get no tip...none...because you didn't EARN the extra tip
The Righteous Hand Of Retribution
"The evaporation of 4 million who believe this crap would leave the world an instantly better place." ~Andre Codresu (re: "the Rapture")

User avatar
TheKrikkitWars
Posts: 2205
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:08 pm UTC
Location: Bangor, Gwynedd, Gogledd Cymru
Contact:

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby TheKrikkitWars » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:13 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:First, you'd need to show me a job where, with no education - not even a high school diploma, you can make $200 in a single shift. We're talking an average of $30,000 a year, most of it untaxed for a 20 hour work week.


Roughnecking? $46,867 A year with four to six months holiday?

also dSenette, stop raging you're making yourself look like an ejit*.

*especially as you've used so many elipsis and Cruise Control For Cool emphasis that it's only just readible...
Great things are done when Men & Mountains meet,
This is not Done by Jostling in the Street.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26519
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:19 pm UTC

TheKrikkitWars wrote:
SexyTalon wrote:First, you'd need to show me a job where, with no education - not even a high school diploma, you can make $200 in a single shift. We're talking an average of $30,000 a year, most of it untaxed for a 20 hour work week.
Roughnecking? $46,867 A year with four to six months holiday?
also dSenette, stop raging you're making yourself look like an ejit.
True enough. But then again, how many women do they hire every year?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
TheKrikkitWars
Posts: 2205
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:08 pm UTC
Location: Bangor, Gwynedd, Gogledd Cymru
Contact:

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby TheKrikkitWars » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:37 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:True enough. But then again, how many women do they hire every year?


I do know one, which is why I said; she says that it's the lack of female applicants that keeps it male dominated; that and the long hours, isolation, lack of female company, dangerous nature of the work, and chauvanistic collegues.
Great things are done when Men & Mountains meet,
This is not Done by Jostling in the Street.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26519
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:46 pm UTC

Ah, damn.. so it's one of those situations where there are no women in the line of work because there are no women in the line of work. Huzzah! fucking hell
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
TheKrikkitWars
Posts: 2205
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:08 pm UTC
Location: Bangor, Gwynedd, Gogledd Cymru
Contact:

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby TheKrikkitWars » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:53 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:fucking hell


Whatever makes you say that?
Great things are done when Men & Mountains meet,
This is not Done by Jostling in the Street.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26519
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:02 pm UTC

Mostly as I don't think the problem of breaking up male-dominated fields has a good solution that won't piss off anyone. You can offer women more money, but that'll just piss off the men doing it for less. You can force companies to hire more women, but.. again.. you're pissing off everyone already there.

Now, granted that no matter what you do, you're going to piss off the chauvinistic ones anyway, but that's a given. It's not fair to a group of women to say "Buck up and take it, it'll get better in.. oh, a decade or so". So, yeah. That.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
TheKrikkitWars
Posts: 2205
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:08 pm UTC
Location: Bangor, Gwynedd, Gogledd Cymru
Contact:

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby TheKrikkitWars » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:08 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Mostly as I don't think the problem of breaking up male-dominated fields has a good solution that won't piss off anyone.


Irritating, Da?
Great things are done when Men & Mountains meet,
This is not Done by Jostling in the Street.

DSenette
Posts: 2418
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:08 pm UTC

Re: Tipping Strippers

Postby DSenette » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:25 pm UTC

*especially as you've used so many elipsis and Cruise Control For Cool emphasis that it's only just readible...
i couldn't give less of a crap... also you misspelled ellipses, and readable you should get a spell checker

and i'm not raging...i'm just angry that people always try to justify themselves (or other people) out of their own responsibility for their lives. i worked for 2.5 years in the kitchen at a hospital. i worked there with at least 20 old ladies that had been there a minimum of 20 years each. and they complained about their jobs DAILY. you hate your job SO much that you decide to work there for 20 years? for $10.50 an hour (yeah...that's what they made after working there for 20 years, imagine what they started at)? come on, it's no longer the job's fault that these people are pissed off (the job sucked most of the time but it's a job, like burger king. it's a job not a career, jobs are supposed to suck). with an employment history like these ladies had they could have gotten any number of other jobs, either inside the hospital (like i did, after that 2.5 years i became a CNA) or outside the hospital. but they CONSISTENTLY (and i am talking about each of them, every day, all day) instead blamed their misery on their job. THEY didn't take the responsibility for their own circumstances.

if you're in a shitty situation you've got two choices, live with it or get out. one could postulate that stripping is an option for getting out of a shitty situation, and that is perfectly fine. BUT that doesn't suggest that you were FORCED to do that as your only option, that's actually pretty insulting to the woman. if you DECIDE to take a job, you need to do that job well and with enthusiasm to get paid well in that job. period. that goes for any job. if you hate stripping that much, get another job. go to your local community centers and find out what kinds of grants and programs you qualify for if you've got too many kids and not enough money.

also...it should be noted that depending on where you live, garbage collectors (the people hanging off the back of trucks picking up all the shit you throw away) can make anywhere between $25k and $80k a year
The Righteous Hand Of Retribution
"The evaporation of 4 million who believe this crap would leave the world an instantly better place." ~Andre Codresu (re: "the Rapture")


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 23 guests