Drinking, for the first time

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

idontknow4231

Drinking, for the first time

Postby idontknow4231 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:07 am UTC

I know this topic technically doesn't belong in this forum, but it seemed too personal for general, and not deep enough for sb, so I thought I would try here.

I have never been drunk, I've hardly even had sips of alcohol that I can remember. Now, in the near future, I have the...well, opportunity to drink in a closed, completely safe environment with just a close friend. I have been around drunk people, seen what it does, etc etc, and had developed the opinion that I did not want to do that to myself. This is obviously a personal decision, and should not affect how I view others. However, I keep trying to tell myself that it's not bad, that people who do it aren't bad people, but it doesn't always work. So, that's one reason I'm considering getting drunk now, so I stop being so condescending. Also, I feel like I just have to try it. And finally, it will simply, most likely, be fun.

I'm not sure why I'm posting this. I guess I just need some kind of confirmation from anyone at all. And a little healthy discussion too maybe.

Thanks

KatieMarieee

Re: Drinking, for the first time

Postby KatieMarieee » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:09 am UTC

I think it's a splendid idea. That is all.

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:15 am UTC

Don't get smashed your first time, just tipsy - you'll be able to gauge your drunk performance at a safer degree than if you were completely gone. Of course, since you're inexperienced, you won't be the best at knowing when you're drunk and when you're tipsy, so go slow. Eat a meal beforehand and have snacks around. Sip slowly - perhaps one every five or ten minutes. If your close friend has experience with alcohol, let them know that you'd appreciate some monitoring or give them permission to cut you off or something. Also, drunkenness varies with the type of alcohol - hard liquor will work differently from beer, for example.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

Dark567
First one to notify the boards of Rick and Morty Season 3
Location: Everywhere(in the US, I don't venture outside it too often, unfortunately)

Postby Dark567 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:52 am UTC

If its your first time, I would recommend sticking with beer. Liquor(especially shots) has the ability to make you feel fine for a while, but then suddenly sneak up on you. Beer has a more gradual ascent to drunkenness, so you will have more control over your alcohol level, and probably your behavior.
I apologize, 90% of the time I write on the Fora I am intoxicated.

Yakk wrote:The question the thought experiment I posted is aimed at answering: When falling in a black hole, do you see the entire universe's future history train-car into your ass, or not?

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:55 am UTC

I realize that you feel this topic is more personal than General warrants, but this is really not the place for it. I'm going to move it out there, and you'll probably get more replies as well.

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

TheKrikkitWars

Postby TheKrikkitWars » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:09 am UTC

Well so long as you're in a safe environment with people you completely trust... you'll probably have a good experience so long as you stop drinking before/as soon as you feel at all queasy, and have plenty of water before bed in preparation for the following day.

Good Luck!
Great things are done when Men & Mountains meet,
This is not Done by Jostling in the Street.

_MC_

Postby _MC_ » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:40 am UTC

For a while, I felt the same way as you do, but eventually I gave in to my natural curiosity (Damn being a scientist!) and gave it a shot (or two, or three...)

It's actually quite fun if yo're intelligent about it, but it becomes difficult for some people to recognize that they are behaving obnoxiously. If you ever become aware that this might be you, learn to control your drinking so that you don't get like that.

Other than that, have fun and stay safe!

fyrenwater

Postby fyrenwater » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:55 am UTC

IMO, drinking is seriously overrated. Of course, that's pertaining to those who drink until they do stupid, stupid things, black out, and puke everywhere (not in that exact order).
But that's for binge-drinking &/or party drinking.

In terms of social drinking like a responsible adult and doing it in moderation? It's pretty nice. Good to find people you trust and do it in a controlled place. My first drink was at my sister's apartment. No people egging you on to get smashed, no drama to make things worse, no peer pressure to force you to do what you don't want to do. It's pretty much the best situation to try it out and see if it's your thing or not.
...It made more sense in my head.

TheAmazingRando

Postby TheAmazingRando » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:43 am UTC

My first time drinking involved a few beers, a mug full of rum, and plenty of ignorance on how strong liquor actually is and how long it takes to really kick in. So stopping when I felt sick meant I still had a long way to go before the room stopped accelerating, much less spinning.

I don't enjoy being very drunk, but being just the right amount of drunk can be awesome. It can take quite a bit of trial and error to find what "just the right amount" is, and when error can potentially mean spending way too long with your head in a toilet, you want to minimize the risk as much as possible. Take it slow at first, you can always speed up later if it isn't enough. And if you aren't sure if you want more, wait 10 minutes and ask yourself again.

micco

Postby micco » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:53 am UTC

I recommend beer, long drinks and ciders for a first time drinker. Do not touch whiskey or absinth yet. Remember to stay away from potted plants when drunk, avoid sharp objects, keep your hands and legs inside the moving vehicle, do not vomit in the fusebox and don't panic. I hope you have a pleasant time geting drunk for the first time.
An anarchist is a person that makes oatmeal and blows it up.

ArgonV

Postby ArgonV » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:48 am UTC

Yeah, stick to beer. Also, drink at your own pace. I'm quite a big boy and can handle my liquor good, but I've seen enough people trying to match my drinking speed and volume only to end up way more drunken than they planned or going home way more early then they planned. It even caused fights with parents sometimes :P

So drink at your own pace, no matter what anyone says. And drink some water in between drinks. Especially after you've quit drinking alcohol you should drink as much water as you can. It'll help replace the fluid you lose, since beer tends to flow right through you and when you start going to the bath room, you won't stop for a while due to the alcohol's effect on your kidneys.

Let us know how it turned out.

the_bandersnatch
Actually not so frumious.
Location: on a bed in a room inside a TV in a hotel room in a hotel on a Monopoly board

Postby the_bandersnatch » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:52 am UTC

And stay away from Absinthe, it's the devil's piss :twisted:
In girum imus nocte, et consumimur igni

Bobber
contains Disodium Phosphate

Postby Bobber » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:34 pm UTC

Congratulations on your opportunity to get drunk. :D

One rule of thumb that I try sticking to is to always take ten sips of water whenever I go to the toilet. That keeps me sufficiently hydrated to not end up with a massive hangover of dehydration the day afterwards. Remember that your drinking pace is slower than those of your peers. Drink your beers slower, don't do any shots, and have your mixed drinks at a lower alcohol-to-soda/juice ratio than the experienced drinkers. Also, remember that ethanol is a very strong intoxicant and that it can have serious adverse health effects compared with, as an example, cannabis.

Cheers!
I don't twist the truth, I just make it complex.
mrbaggins wrote:There are two tools in life, duct tape and WD40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.

the_stabbage

Postby the_stabbage » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:59 pm UTC

Remember, this is a scientific experiment designed to discover the optimal drunkedness level for yourself. Pace yourself, and keep track of how much you drink. One beer = 1 1/2 oz. (45ml) of liquor. (Assuming the beer is 12oz/341ml and the liquor is 40%).

Mix yourself some rum and coke, about 1:4 ratio of rum to coke. Or go for liquor+citrus: whiskey and lemon, vodka and grapefruit, it'll cover up the burn. Beer may or may not be for you: remember, the highly marketed beers are likely to be pisswater so don't judge beer by the first one you have.

Also, eat beforehand, I find it ideal if I have a meal about an hour before. Or, if I ate earlier than that when I start drinking, I have snacks on hand. Salt is tasty, but will make you thirstier.

Keep in mind also that drinking is not an excuse to act like an asshole. Don't let yourself go after one drink. You don't have to act any differently than when you're sober. Just enjoy the buzz.

elminster

Postby elminster » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:04 pm UTC

One thing that's important to remember is that it takes time for alcohol to get absorbed into the blood stream after drinking (Varies from person to person, takes me approx 10-20mins after drinking dependant on physical activities done); so if you're drinking while already drunk, you're likely to be drinking too much. I found this one of the harder things to judge, since you make think you've not drunk as much as you have until it hits you.

Also, if you do drink too much, drink water before going to sleep. If there's one thing you'll regret (apart from throwing up on friends) it will be not drinking water to ease any hangover. I usually aim to drink a pint or more of water between the time I get back from a night out and sleeping, then having a pint ready in the morning (As alcohol's still in the system, it still dehydrates you while sleeping).

Enuja

Postby Enuja » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:09 pm UTC

I like the taste options with alcoholic beverages and feeling tipsy. It's somewhat unlikely that you'll like beer the first time, but mixed drinks (liquor plus a mixer) have a huge variety of yummy tastes and they are what I started with. It worked for me. I agree that you shouldn't start with strait hard liquor, but if the safe drinking space you've got has liquor and mixers, feel free to decide to do that instead of beer or wine. Don't drink to get drunk: drink to get tipsy and taste yummy things.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:27 pm UTC

With myself, I've found the 15 minute rule works pretty well at getting myself to whatever level of drunkeness I want and stopping there. It's pretty simple in how it works, too... after you finish your drink, wait 15 minutes then take an assessment. An assessment includes getting up and walking around, if nothing else than there's been times where I didn't think I was that intoxicated... then I tried to walk to the bathroom and realized I was way more drunk than I thought.

So, yeah.. 15 minutes after finishing a drink, stand up and walk around for a moment, come back and if you want more, have another.. if you don't, stop right there.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Surgery

Postby Surgery » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:34 pm UTC

I agree with pretty much what everyone said. You may love or hate your first beer, but that could be either because you just don't like beers or you just don't like that particular beer. There is a big difference in taste, feel, etc. between a Bud Light and Sam Brown Nut Ale. Also, different drinks will likely give you a different kind of buzz. For example, I don't really like the feel of a little to much beer, it just kind of makes me sluggish like I haven't slept for a day and a half. However, a little too much vodka or whiskey gives me a wonderful, warm fuzzy feeling. Like someone else said you don't have to drink to try to change your personality or give yourself permission to act like an idiot. For me it can kind of be like meditating, just a way to relax a bit, feel a little otherworldly, and subtly shift your consciousness. Good luck.

ArgonV

Postby ArgonV » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:26 pm UTC

the_stabbage wrote:Mix yourself some rum and coke, about 1:4 ratio of rum to coke. Or go for liquor+citrus: whiskey and lemon, vodka and grapefruit, it'll cover up the burn. Beer may or may not be for you: remember, the highly marketed beers are likely to be pisswater so don't judge beer by the first one you have.

Ehm, I don't quite agree with the first part. I can mix up a mean rum and coke in which there's way more rum than coke and you still wouldn't taste the alcohol. Sweet mixes tend to disguise the flavour of the alcohol too much. Unless you're absolutely sure of the ratios (so either mixed by yourself or mixed by someone you implicitly trust), don't do mixed drinks the first time.

The part about the beer is spot on, Heineken is one of the biggest (if not the biggest) Dutch beer brands, but it's also one of the most shitty Dutch beers.

SecondTalon wrote:With myself, I've found the 15 minute rule works pretty well at getting myself to whatever level of drunkeness I want and stopping there. It's pretty simple in how it works, too... after you finish your drink, wait 15 minutes then take an assessment. An assessment includes getting up and walking around, if nothing else than there's been times where I didn't think I was that intoxicated... then I tried to walk to the bathroom and realized I was way more drunk than I thought.

So, yeah.. 15 minutes after finishing a drink, stand up and walk around for a moment, come back and if you want more, have another.. if you don't, stop right there.

This man is wise. I've had times (especially in the beginning) where I've had several drinks and felt fine, only to almost fall of my bar stool trying to get to the toilet. So the getting up and walking around is a good tip.

Aetius

Postby Aetius » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:54 pm UTC

Rules for your first time getting drunk:

1) Hide all cameras, iphones... really any device with a CCD
2) Eat ahead of time
3) Make sure you get plenty of water, you'll hate yourself the next day if you go to bed improperly hydrated
4) Space out your drinks. Don't take your next drink until the last one has hit you and you can gauge how you're feeling
5) If at any point you feel you would fail a physics test in your present condition, stop drinking
6) Don't fall asleep with your shoes on
7) She's not as pretty as she looks and you're not as charming as you sound, keep both in mind
8) Track how much you're drinking, but don't talk about it. Bragging is lame, doubly so when you're a first time lightweight. Only drink beers, shots, or mixed drinks you saw being made and know how much liquor is contained therein.

Surgery

Postby Surgery » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:09 pm UTC

Aetius wrote:5) If at any point you feel you would fail a physics [area of expertise] test in your present condition, stop drinking
Fixed. I used to routinely fail physics tests stone cold sober.

edit: fucked up the saying

Walter.Horvath

Postby Walter.Horvath » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:25 pm UTC

I just drank for the first time over the weekend, two shots of Vodka and two beers. And a Monster energy drink. I didn't feel anything, but I would like to comment that Bud Light Lime tastes so bad that you're willing to throw it out in place of drinking more.

Also, chasers are probably a good idea if you're going to do something more than beer.

wst

Postby wst » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:28 pm UTC

When you find immobile objects such as tables and walls moving, or unexpected collisions with them, have something non-alcoholic for a bit.
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.

Woofsie

Postby Woofsie » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:33 pm UTC

Walter.Horvath wrote:I just drank for the first time over the weekend, two shots of Vodka and two beers. And a Monster energy drink. I didn't feel anything, but I would like to comment that Bud Light Lime tastes so bad that you're willing to throw it out in place of drinking more.

Do you know what the alcohol content was of the beer you drank? I've been drinking for a good 4 years, and I'd still feel something after just one normal beer, let alone 2 beers plus shots.

the_stabbage

Postby the_stabbage » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:49 pm UTC

ArgonV wrote:
the_stabbage wrote:Mix yourself some rum and coke, about 1:4 ratio of rum to coke. Or go for liquor+citrus: whiskey and lemon, vodka and grapefruit, it'll cover up the burn. Beer may or may not be for you: remember, the highly marketed beers are likely to be pisswater so don't judge beer by the first one you have.

Ehm, I don't quite agree with the first part. I can mix up a mean rum and coke in which there's way more rum than coke and you still wouldn't taste the alcohol. Sweet mixes tend to disguise the flavour of the alcohol too much. Unless you're absolutely sure of the ratios (so either mixed by yourself or mixed by someone you implicitly trust), don't do mixed drinks the first time.

I usually have rum and coke that's at most 1:1, more typically rum on ice with a splash of coke. I like alcohol burn. The suggestion of 4:1 coke to rum was based on someone's first time drinking.

Tip for second and third time drinking: if the first time you didn't feel much, do shots and chase with beer. It'll get ya drunker.

And stay away from beer with other flavours (bud light lime etc.) Even if they're good, like some Belgian fruity beers are, they're not really sessionable. In other words, you'll have a hard time drinking more than a few without getting sick of the taste.

Titch

Postby Titch » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:00 pm UTC

the_bandersnatch wrote:And stay away from Absinthe until you're used to alcohol, it's the devil's piss :twisted:

Better.
Pez Dispens3r wrote:Bacon is not a vegetable.

Shro wrote:Moo, Cassi and Titch are now my ONLY friends!

Ran4

Postby Ran4 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:00 pm UTC

All of these hints are just the type of hints that anyone would probably already know :)
Anyway, don't overdo it if your friends want you to. Drink because YOU want to, not because you are absolutely forced by your friends.

I started drinking a few weeks ago, in order to... uhm, make friends, I guess. It's worked out fine: they (my newly found friends) have no idea that I didn't drink before. My tactic was and is to order some alcoholic beverage right at the beginning of the night, then drink it very slowly, and then not buy any more until later that night. As long as you always have a drink ready, even if you are drinking it very slowly, people will most probably not notice.

I don't care much for drinking alcoholic beverage (I highly dislike light beer! ugh, very dark ale is the only thing I've liked as of yet), but it is a good excuse to do something together. Happy liver destroying :)

'; DROP DATABASE;--

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:04 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:if nothing else than there's been times where I didn't think I was that intoxicated... then I tried to walk to the bathroom and realized I was way more drunk than I thought.
This happens to me too. I don't feel a damn thing until I stand up and realize the room is spinning. O.o
poxic wrote:You suck. And simultaneously rock. I think you've invented a new state of being.

Bobber
contains Disodium Phosphate

Postby Bobber » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:42 pm UTC

the_stabbage wrote: One beer = 1 1/2 oz. (45ml) of liquor. (Assuming the beer is 12oz/341ml and the liquor is 40%).
I'm amazed noone corrected this. One beer does NOT equal one and a half ounces of pure 40% (80 proof) liquor.
1.5 ounces of liquor will probably knock you flat out unconcious if you're a first time drinker, if not kill you if you chug it and don't vomit. A beer is more like 1/10th ounce of liqour. Get your numbers right, don't die from ethanol poisoning.
I don't twist the truth, I just make it complex.
mrbaggins wrote:There are two tools in life, duct tape and WD40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:51 pm UTC

There's nothing there to correct. A "standard" drink* is pretty much accepted to be 12 oz of beer that's roughly 8-10 proof, a 5 oz glass of wine that's I forget what wine usually is, or a shot (1.5 oz) of 80 proof liquor. The effects on a person are going to be kinda sorta the same, with the liquor hitting harder simply because it's more concentrated and usually downed in one-two gulps, not casually drunk over a several minute period as a beer or glass of wine would be imbibed.

All of that, of course, goes out the window when you deal with harder (or weaker) particulars. A shot of everclear, for example, is likely going to leave a new drinker on the floor....but I doubt even a shot of that (190 proof, if I recall correctly) will kill a person.

I'm pretty much positive that outside of extenuating circumstances, there's no fucking way a shot of vodka's going to get a person completely shitfaced and/or alcohol poisoning. Now, if we're talking about someone incredibly underweight/small/a child... we're talking 40 pounds here... then sure, you're right, it could end with the person pretty sick pretty fast. But the average late teen/early adult who's likely to clock in at a hundred pounds even if it's a smallish, skinny person? I just don't see it.

*You can trust that link. He's a real doctor. FROM AMERICA.**

**Now watch someone prove that David J. Hanson, Ph.D. of Postdam to be Dutch or something just to ruin my reference
Last edited by SecondTalon on Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:55 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Dark567
Location: Everywhere(in the US, I don't venture outside it too often, unfortunately)

Postby Dark567 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:54 pm UTC

Beer: 12 oz. * 4.55% alcohol content is .54 oz. ethanol.

Liquor: 1.5 oz. *40% is .6oz

So the alcohol content is pretty comparable actually. The difference is that in a shot you do it all at once, in a beer you usually drink it much slower.

Yakk wrote:The question the thought experiment I posted is aimed at answering: When falling in a black hole, do you see the entire universe's future history train-car into your ass, or not?

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:24 pm UTC

Um...a shot of vodka does get me drunk. But it's nowhere near shitfaced or alcohol poisoning, I guess. (5'4", 105 lb Asian female)
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

the_bandersnatch
Actually not so frumious.
Location: on a bed in a room inside a TV in a hotel room in a hotel on a Monopoly board

Postby the_bandersnatch » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:15 pm UTC

podbaydoor wrote:Um...a shot of vodka does get me drunk. But it's nowhere near shitfaced or alcohol poisoning, I guess. (5'4", 105 lb Asian female)

Wow, that's impressive! Cheap date :lol:
In girum imus nocte, et consumimur igni

ArgonV

Postby ArgonV » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:38 pm UTC

the_bandersnatch wrote:
podbaydoor wrote:Um...a shot of vodka does get me drunk. But it's nowhere near shitfaced or alcohol poisoning, I guess. (5'4", 105 lb Asian female)

Wow, that's impressive! Cheap date :¡This cheese is burning me!:

Meh, it takes 10 shots in 15 minutes to get me drunk for sure. That's about as scientific as I've ever gotten about it :P (95 kgs, 1.80m, white male)

Also, I had a cheap date Saturday. 2.5 glasses of wine and everything I said was funny :mrgreen:

genghis007

Postby genghis007 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:28 pm UTC

on a more practical note, as a precaution remove anything and everything that provides a link to the outside world that isn't absolutely vital. The last thing you want if you DO get drunk is to find out the next morning you've managed to insult/proposition random people. Trust me, that awkwardness doesn't go away quickly
Click here to make a clicking sound

invisibl

Postby invisibl » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:10 am UTC

Hey. Read the above and then ignore it.
If you get shitfaced then shitfaced you get.
There is nothing better than throwing up until you are inside out to hammer home the stupidity of drinking that much.
But, All of this presupposes that you ARE gonna get shitfaced
Are you?
Coz it's not a prerequisite.

Remember sometimes it is better to try withOUT the training wheels first....

dragoneye1589

Postby dragoneye1589 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:02 am UTC

Most of what is said here has been great advice.

I don't suggest starting with beer, as you likely won't enjoy it the first time, especially if you get crappy beer. If you insist on going this route I suggest something decent and lighter (Corona for example).

I do however highly suggest going the route of mixed drinks your first time though. Start with something simple like rum and coke or vodka and 7-up. Instead of just pouring the alcohol into a glass while estimating a good amount then adding mixer (I find I mix stronger and stronger drinks throughout the night with this method) measure the liquor with a shot glass to know exactly how much alcohol you are having. As well, make sure your friend keeps an eye on you to make sure you don't get too drunk.

As other posters have suggested, get up and walk around to gauge how drunk you are. If you become uncomfortable with your level of inebriation at any point in time, stop and drink water. Regardless, drink plenty of water at the end of the night to help prevent a hangover.

Hopefully your first drinking experience is a good one.

Aetius

Postby Aetius » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:00 am UTC

Oh, I almost forgot the cardinal rule of drinking. Never drink any alcohol that is sold in a plastic bottle. Ever. Especially not Prestige.

Dark567

Postby Dark567 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:44 am UTC

Aetius wrote:Oh, I almost forgot the cardinal rule of drinking. Never drink any alcohol that is sold in a plastic bottle. Ever. Especially not Prestige.

Ummm, they sell Korbel in plastic bottles. Smirnoff too(yeah, its not good, but its not horrible)

Plastic bags on the other hand, avoid at all cost.

dragon
"Can I have a Mountain Dew?!"

Postby dragon » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:48 am UTC

Dark567 wrote:Plastic bags on the other hand, avoid at all cost.

I'm guessing you're referring to cask wines with that? They're not all bad.
I remember my mum (winery employee) talking about the company trying to rebrand their better cask wines as "Wine Cubes". There's no real reason why cask wine has to be bad, except that people expect it to be.

I would strongly recommend not drinking yourself to the point of vomiting when you haven't got a firm neutral-good association going. Well, I'd recommend not making yourself ill regardless, but the point is that it can be very difficult to reverse the mental link for a long long time. Going on six years now...
Context? What context?
Sandry wrote:I'm kind of feeling like it'd be a good idea to somehow position a vibrator for hands-free use, then you can legitimately DDR with your feet while knitting and it all works.

Return to “General”