Myers-Briggs Psychological Testing

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Magistrates, Prelates, Moderators General

What does the Myers-Briggs typology label you as?

ISTJ
4%
ISFJ
1%
IFNJ
6%
INTJ
34%
ISTP
3%
ISFP
1%
INFP
7%
INTP
27%
ESTP
1%
ESFP
1%
ENFP
4%
ENTP
4%
ESTJ
0%
ESFJ
No votes
ENFJ
2%
ENTJ
4%

Total votes : 516

Re: Myers-Briggs Psychological Testing

Postby Awia » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:12 pm UTC

cypherspace wrote:
Awia wrote:Or maybe it's because all the E---s are out somewhere, being all extroverty.

I'm not. At least, not today.

Everyone has odd days. :P

Edit: I've just realised I wasted my 200th post, dammit, I'll have to wait for 300.
Francis wrote:Look on the bright side, if you all die I'll still be handsome
Awia

Postby Thesea » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:25 pm UTC

INFJ

I think this poll might not be recording all the INFJs, as the letters are out of order. I originally scanned through and didn't think it was there. Could this be fixed? It's an even more rare type than all you INTX (according to Wikipedia, it's the counterpart to INTJ). It'd be nice to get the most accurate reading.
"I live on Earth at present,
and I don't know what I am.
I know that I am not a category.
I am not a thing -- a noun.
I seem to be a verb,
an evolutionary process --
an integral function of the universe."
-- R. Buckminster Fuller
Thesea

Postby Mo0man » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:28 pm UTC

Your Type is
INTP
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
83 38 12 22
causa major dormuc vulnero ut ovis goatee
I'm number 20075. Remember that. It's important
Mo0man

Postby Deep Thought » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:28 am UTC

An INFP with, 89 100 12 44.

And for those complaining about the test, I thought this one was a bit better: http://similarminds.com/jung.html (perhaps solely for the reason that it said I was a cool, analytical INTP...)
Deep Thought

Postby Red Hal » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:47 am UTC

ENFP - The Champion

You scored 55% I to E, 26% N to S, 29% F to T, and 63% J to P.
Lost Greatest Silent Baby X Y Z. "There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."
Red Hal
Magically Delicious

Postby wst » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:49 am UTC

INTP
(The T was 1%, but I looked at every question closely and saw where it was repeating itself, so I answered the same for those, where instinctively I'd have answered differently. So add more to my T score tyvm)
And it suits me down to the ground.
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands." - Douglas Adams
wst

Postby AtlasDrugged » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:19 pm UTC

INTJ
78/88/50/11
AtlasDrugged

Postby pkuky » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:42 pm UTC

I got INFP and ASFP, the S in the ISFP being 1%. so INFP, which was exactly what I expected.
It rains on the enemy too!
pkuky

Postby IronyandParadox » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:38 pm UTC

INFJ, if I remember correctly. We took them in 9th grade.
Flaming I, slight N, moderate F, moderate J

The *really* terrifying thing? I'm exactly the same as my mother, even to the extent of how slight each letter is. *shudders*
Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit.
IronyandParadox

Postby Cheese » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:36 pm UTC

I'm ENFP, which is what I'd guessed when looking over the rough guide to personality types, and what the test told me.

EDIT: I'm a little surprised by the analysis page for the personality type, though... it's listed most of the careers I'd be interested in as "not favourable"... I don't think I like this test :(
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.
Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby wing » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:42 am UTC

Historically I've been INTJ. Then I drifted to borderline INTJ/INTP (literally on the borderline one question's difference in either direction. These days I'm drifting towards the INTJ/INTP/INFJ/INFP junction depending on mood.
I AM A SEXY, SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!
Akula wrote:Our team has turned into this hate-fueled juggernaut of profit. It's goddamn wonderful.
wing
the /b/slayer

Postby Sprocket » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:42 pm UTC

What does it mean that trying to take these tests suddeny stressed me out too much to take them?

I used to get INTP most of the time. I've run the gammut. Right now from looking at the first main page I thought I was I N and then 50/50 on F or T, and likely P, with a possiblitity of being J.

I just don't know how to honestly answer the questions, I feel like I'm usually being either pessemistic with a choice or I'm putting down how I wish I was and not how I am with the opposite choice.
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
ImageImage Image Image
Sprocket
Seymour

Postby Sasha » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:09 am UTC

First ISFJ.
Marbas wrote:I'll usually jump from one strange thought to the next, such gems as: "I wonder if bears get depressed", "I think the sun is unnecessarily smug" and so on.
Sasha

Postby demonhats » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:36 am UTC

Sprocket wrote:What does it mean that trying to take these tests suddeny stressed me out too much to take them?

I used to get INTP most of the time. I've run the gammut. Right now from looking at the first main page I thought I was I N and then 50/50 on F or T, and likely P, with a possiblitity of being J.

I just don't know how to honestly answer the questions, I feel like I'm usually being either pessemistic with a choice or I'm putting down how I wish I was and not how I am with the opposite choice.

None of it matters. Don't stress out about it. These test are hardly accurate and are designed to be vague. No four letters can tell you who you are.
demonhats

Postby ShinSeifer » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:04 pm UTC

Sounds like I'm an INTP; and seems like it is the norm around here. I'm not special :cry:*

Very strong I, mild N, T and P.
Once it gave me INFP with a very weak "F". But the description for INTP fits me much better. Logical-minded, solitary, reflective.
Also
Her Internettian Majesty Wikipedia wrote:Self-image: The Rationals' self-esteem is rooted in their ingenuity; their self-respect in their autonomy; and their self-confidence in their resoluteness.

Values: Rationals appear calm even in times of turmoil. They achieve this state through an intense concentration of effort rather than through cold-heartedness. They trust reason and strive for achievement. They are knowledge-seekers who aspire to technical wizardry, and so are pleased when others defer to their expertise.

Social roles: In romantic relationships, Rationals want a mindmate with whom they can discuss the topics that interest them, which are usually abstract or theoretical. As parents, they encourage their children to become self-reliant individuals capable of thinking for themselves. In their professional and social lives, Rationals are visionary leaders, developing and consolidating coherent long-term plans.

Yeah, this is pretty much me, and it's not half bad^^
Also, I was wondering, is there a thread which correlates one's Myers-Briggs Type with the social and especially the sentimental life?
Just curious :D wanna know if there's a sensible difference between INTP, INTJ and other types about relationships with the opposite sex.
I also wonder if there is a correlation with the I.Q....

*indeed I was expecting an extreme majority of INTx :D
I'm here to give you these ->
ShinSeifer

Postby philsov » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:09 pm UTC

INTP here, though I've been pegged as ENTP in a few previous takings of the test.

I'm just amused at the massive influx of INTP/INTJ on the fora relative to the normal population.
The time and seasons go on, but all the rhymes and reasons are wrong
I know I'll discover after its all said and done I should've been a nun.
philsov
Not a fan of Diane Kruger

Postby Vincent91 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:21 pm UTC

INTP though only 55% on the P. Previous tests have declared me an INTJ too.

Mastermind sounds so much cooler than architect though...
Vincent91

Postby Squid Tamer » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:13 pm UTC

INTP here. Exactly as I expected.

philsov wrote:I'm just amused at the massive influx of INTP/INTJ on the fora relative to the normal population.

I think that this is interesting too. I guess xkcd/this community attracts a certain type of person.

Also notice the total lack (so far) of ESFJ (Extroversion, Sensing, Feeling, Judgment). While there are countless numbers on the internet, very few of them end up here.
This community is a very specific one. I've never seen anything like it.
Squid Tamer

Postby Magic Smoothie » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:14 pm UTC

I'm an ENFP, strongly expressed in everything but T/F. I think I'm probably a bit more F, but both descriptions fit me very well.
The Smoothie has started blogging. OH NO.
Magic Smoothie

Postby netcrusher88 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:56 am UTC

INFP, at least the last few times I've taken one of these quizzes. It's been a couple of years, but I don't know if I'm likely to get a different result now than I did last time.
Sexothermic
I have only ever made one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. -Voltaire
They said we would never have a black president until Swine Flu. -Gears
netcrusher88

Postby thatthatguy » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:44 pm UTC

I N T P
100, 50, 1, 22

Wow, exactly the same as Belial down to the slightly expressed T (sometimes F depends on the day/test)
Maybe that's why we don't get along :P
thatthatguy

Postby Ran4 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:33 am UTC

I find that the Myers-briggs is... well, broken. I have taken it about 5-6 times, and I got a different result every time... wtf?

Way to many of the questions are of the type where you have to lie if you want to get the correct result.

I mean, take this as an example: (which isn't in the mb test) "Do you play any instrument?". Now, in a test, such a question might be used to figure out if you like music. But what about all the people who plays an instrument only because their parents forced them? And what about people who loves to listen to music but doesn't make their own? If you make music, but only on your computer, is the computer supposed to count as an instrument?

MB is full of these. Either I answer correctly, and I get really weird results, or I lie by answering what you think the test wants to show instead of what the questions really ask. It doesn't matter if your test is perfect in any other way if you can't answer it correctly!

(I did vote INTP, since I think I have gotten that previously and it's not that wrong of a description of me. Interestingly, by far that seems to be the most common variant on this forum).
Ran4

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:41 am UTC

I took the test again. I got INTP (100, 100, 100, 1)
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
The Mighty Thesaurus
a.k.a. The Puissant Lexicographical Tome

Postby grapefruit1 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:11 pm UTC

ESFP (11, 1, 24, 44)

But wow. Look at that majority.
"If someone asks you, 'Are you ticklish?', it doesn't matter whether you answer yes or no. They're going to touch you."
- Demetri Martin
grapefruit1

Postby Velict » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:12 pm UTC

I got INTJ when I took the clinical version of this exam.

It is amusing, though, to look at the poll results. I wonder what sort of people are attracted to a comic about mathematics and programming?
Velict

Postby netcrusher88 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:04 am UTC

Took the test linked in the OP, got INFP, 22, 12, 38, 33. I linked the TypeLogic profile because I've always liked their type relationship grid and their descriptions.

Velict wrote:It is amusing, though, to look at the poll results. I wonder what sort of people are attracted to a comic about mathematics and programming?

People with Primary or Secondary Thinking and Intuition traits, where the dominant one is Introverted? I have no idea what that means but it's the correlation I can drag up from TypeLogic's Functional Analysis page and the spikes in the poll.
Sexothermic
I have only ever made one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. -Voltaire
They said we would never have a black president until Swine Flu. -Gears
netcrusher88

Postby Wednesday » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:33 pm UTC

INFP 33 88 38 11, though I don't know if I agree with it on some points. These are *really* broad categories, afterall.
Sexts From The Void wrote:i struggle to maneuver on a chessboard of dicks

kmills wrote:Like I always say: Better nomenclature makes better coffee.
Wednesday
Bananas are fish who attack divers inland

Postby Jessica » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:44 pm UTC

Meyers-Briggs is nice in someways and bad in others. Especially when you're close to the middle.
Last test I took:
E = 10 I = 12
S = 2 N = 20
F 10 T = 14
J = 6 P = 16

Or something like that...
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.
Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby sje46 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:48 pm UTC

Jessica is my complete opposite!

Don't forget to vote, though.
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.
sje46

Postby Jessica » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:53 pm UTC

sje46 wrote:Jessica is my complete opposite!

you're ESFJ with close E and F?
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.
Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Spacemilk » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:10 pm UTC

I'm INTP based on professional testing. I've taken some online tests and gotten INTP most of the time but occasionally INTJ.

What I found interesting when I was originally tested is that the psychologist said that you could get a rough idea of how people would get along by looking at the Myers-Briggs matrix. People who are more than two columns and/or two rows apart will have a slightly more difficult time getting along. The farther apart you are, the harder it is. This was helpful since my mother and I had to get counselling since we had a lot of trouble getting along; we were 3 columns and 2 rows apart (she's ESTJ). (If you look at the link for the Myers-Briggs test that was posted on the front page and scroll down a bit, you'll see this matrix)
milk from space is good for you!

Spacemilk

Postby sje46 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:18 pm UTC

Jessica wrote:
sje46 wrote:Jessica is my complete opposite!

you're ESFJ with close E and F?

Oh, readfail. I'm INTP, like you.
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.
sje46

Postby Save Point » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:44 pm UTC

I have consistently been ENTJ since I first took this in my psychology class six or seven years ago.
Save Point

Postby Yakk » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:04 pm UTC

I like these tests.

They explain that there are exactly 16 kinds of people. This is clearly superior to traditional western horoscopes, which only describe 13 kinds of people.

Adding in the "X" (for the middle) improves it even more -- 81 kinds of people!

Clearly sufficient to describe the essence of everyone's personality in the world.

(INTP, occasionally scoring XNXP here).

Apparently there is another one that actually tried to do this robustly -- called big 5 or something?
One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision - BR

Last edited by JHVH on Fri Oct 23, 4004 BCE 6:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Yakk
Poster with most posts but no title.

Postby Fledermen64 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:53 am UTC

INT(P/J) I put INTP because thats what i got on the test this time but I get different results on different days depending on how I interpret the questions. Both blurbs could be used to describe me so I guess this is fairly accurate as none of the others come close.
"I just want to say before I do this that I have no idea what I'm doing and I love you all very dearly. Ok lets light this bitch and hope for the best"
-Myself before a homemade 4th of July fireworks extravaganza
Fledermen64

Postby setris » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:17 am UTC

I remember I had to do this for my spiritual psychology class. I came out INTJ. It's odd seeing that it's one of the most common here, while I was the only one out of the class the score this way.
IN SANE WE TRUST

I'm not a democrat or a republican,
I'm just right no matter what.
setris

Postby Josephine » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:19 am UTC

I got INTJ on the suggested test in the OP, but the Keirsey test pegged me as INTP. After reading both descriptions, and my own observations of INTPs and INTJs, I'm very sure I'm an INTP. Not to mention people have told me that INTP fits me precisely.
The Keirsey forum has this interesting thread

I knew there had to be a reason I loved this forum. Similar people, and a more fitting version of socializing. Perfect.
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.
Josephine

Postby fyrenwater » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:58 pm UTC

INFP, although I rely on logic as much as or more than just feelings. I really hate how it's all YES/NO. There was a bunch of things that were "maybe", "sometimes", or "neither".

The site also uses 90's era animated gifs. Credibility just dropped like 30%, IMO.
...It made more sense in my head.
fyrenwater

Postby Bright Shadows » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:29 pm UTC

INTJ
11 25 12 22

Wut
No seriously, what? It's not horribly inaccurate, but how does that work out?
Bright Shadows

Postby modularblues » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:24 am UTC

I seriously oscillate between T/F and J/P, partially dependent on environmental stimuli. So this test does not classify me nicely into a sub-category.
Last edited by modularblues on Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:02 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.
modularblues

PreviousNext

Return to General