INTRO THREAD 2.0: INTRODUCE YOURSELF OR PERISH!

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:40 pm UTC

*whistles nonchalantly* Boy, I sure hope Douglas Adams joins the forums! He's lazy, too!

Khonsu

Postby Khonsu » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:48 pm UTC

I wasn't lazy, I was lurking. I was, you know, amazed that you people are mature enough to have serious discussions without someone being a boorish dickhead. Yeesh. ;3

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:52 pm UTC

There is the occasional boorish dickhead, to be fair.

They are dealt with.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

Douglas Adams

Postby Douglas Adams » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:00 pm UTC

Hi there, the forum said I should post here first.

I'm Douglas Adams, you may or may not know me as the creator of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I died several years ago, but because I am a character on a television series death is not a fatal condition but rather much like a very deep sleep from which you can only be awakened by a plot device.

Khonsu

Postby Khonsu » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:02 pm UTC

ZOMBIE! SEVER THE HEAD OR DESTROY THE BRAIN! [brandishes a lemon wrapped around a gold brick]

Ahem. Well, that's good, Belial. For a definitely human sentience, you seem very calm and collected.

MFHodge

Postby MFHodge » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:08 pm UTC

Douglas Adams wrote:Hi there, the forum said I should post here first.

I'm Douglas Adams, you may or may not know me as the creator of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I died several years ago, but because I am a character on a television series death is not a fatal condition but rather much like a very deep sleep from which you can only be awakened by a plot device.

I would claim that you are a raptor in disguise, but you would just deny it. "Not a Raptor. Honest." I know your type.

william
Not a Raptor. Honest.

Postby william » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:10 pm UTC

VTHodge wrote:

I would claim that you are a raptor in disguise, but you would just deny it. "Not a Raptor. Honest." I know your type.

Actually we raptors have had Douglas Adams captured since his alleged "death". Being brainwashed by a raptor and being a raptor are two different things.
SecondTalon wrote:A pile of shit can call itself a delicious pie, but that doesn't make it true.

MFHodge

Postby MFHodge » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:14 pm UTC

william wrote:
VTHodge wrote:

Actually we raptors have had Douglas Adams captured since his alleged "death". Being brainwashed by a raptor and being a raptor are two different things.

Hmmm . . . good point. I can find no flaw in this logic. Carry on.

Mighty Jalapeno

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:18 pm UTC

Khonsu wrote:I was, you know, amazed that you people are mature enough to have serious discussions without someone being a boorish dickhead. Yeesh. ;3

I'm TRYING to change, I REALLY am....

Khonsu

Postby Khonsu » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:23 pm UTC

Unless Deux Ex Machina forced you, you'll still be good ol' Jalapeno.

Mighty Jalapeno

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:31 pm UTC

Khonsu wrote:Unless Deux Ex Machina forced you, you'll still be good ol' Jalapeno.

I can't tell if I've just been insulted. :) But one forum's dickhead is another forum's eccentric Canadian.

Khonsu

Postby Khonsu » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:34 pm UTC

I said "good ol'!" Unless I chased that phrase with "boy" as in "Good ol' boy," I'm not insulting you. However, most Southern good ol' boys, obviously drive me bonkers. I'm debating whether to post my face and look like a total camwhore, and whether I am smarter than a marmot, e.g. am able to figure out how Nikki's Wacom is set up for handwriting.

Mighty Jalapeno

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:39 pm UTC

We have a whole thread for camwhores. You should go for it. It would help if you could incorporate a raptor, cake, or bacon into your picture.

Also, you get Titles when a mod finds something that fits you.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:45 pm UTC

Or you don't have to restrict yourself to one thread just for camwhoring. I think I've covered four or so.

Hey, MJ, if you try to summon Raptor Jesus next, will Belial just show up, or will ANOTHER Raptor Jesus appear? I think we need to test this. Y'know, for science.
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

Khonsu

Postby Khonsu » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:46 pm UTC

I just made a post about my third nipple (in that weird body part thread); remember that? I think I estranged about half the old forums with that one.

I'm sort of afraid I'll get that "Triple-Breasted Whore of Eroticon 6" title again, considering you summoned Douglas Adams in my wake and, also, third nipple.

I can't imagine finding an appropriate icon without photoshopping.

Mighty Jalapeno

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:49 pm UTC

Your current icon seems to be you devouring the tattered remains of Echoes, so... I approve!

Raptor Jesus, Raptor Jesus!
Riding on the dashboard of my car
Through all trials and tribulations,
We will travel every nation,
With my Raptor Jesus I'll go far.

MFHodge

Postby MFHodge » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:52 pm UTC

Okita
Staying Alive

Postby Okita » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:03 pm UTC

How do you know Raptor Jesus doesn't walk among us already?
"I may or may not be a raptor. There is no way of knowing until entering a box that I happen to be in and then letting me sunder the delicious human flesh from your body in reptile fury."

HughbertD

Postby HughbertD » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:08 pm UTC

Hi

Got hooked on the comics a couple of days ago

Anyway I'm Hugo, currently doing a final year at a Uni in the UK in Business IT (boring I know)

Feel free to check out my mixes in my signature if you are into Drum and Bass, Hip Hop, House or Garage. (I'll have the website fixed soon enough)

I'll have a new one up soon with some 80s classics to new pop tunes

Thanks
Hugo
The cost of a stairway to heaven would be astronomical and there is no possible way that it could be financed by a single person.

william
Not a Raptor. Honest.

Postby william » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:17 pm UTC

Okita wrote:How do you know Raptor Jesus doesn't walk among us already?

*looks around suspiciously*
SecondTalon wrote:A pile of shit can call itself a delicious pie, but that doesn't make it true.

Khonsu

Postby Khonsu » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:22 pm UTC

HughbertD wrote:
I'll have a new one up soon with some 80s classics to new pop tunes

Thanks
Hugo

Do you do mashups? I'm always fascinated by people who have a mind for editing to make something new out of existing works. Also, I'm sorry, but your name made me:

"Victor Hugo once got so mad he threw a baseball through a dog!"
(linked for size) http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/8707/ahob03ma5.jpg

Mighty Jalapeno

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:26 pm UTC

I.... I love that comic now....

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:33 pm UTC

I wish it moved faster.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Khonsu

Postby Khonsu » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:14 pm UTC

william wrote:Transhumanism fan, eh, Khonsu? Transraptorism is better, by the way.

Actually I find Transhumanism (known as H+ or >H) to be mostly dumb as hell, but Dresden Codak as a whole give you the impression that besides Kimiko (the girl featured), most people around her agree with me, including the creator. H+ is fun as a cyberpunk idea, but as a viable philosophy, I find it incredibly flawed--the human body has evolved for thousands of years for a reason--we are perfectly suited for our environments, where ever those are. Death, disease, pain, and hunger are not completely surmountable by any amount of medicine or technological superiority, I think. H+ is touched on briefly in The Fountain, and the entire movie was rather excellent, so if you want to see a good movie, watch that.

Khonsu

Postby Khonsu » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:14 pm UTC

william wrote:Transhumanism fan, eh, Khonsu? Transraptorism is better, by the way.

Actually I find Transhumanism (known as H+ or >H) to be mostly dumb as hell, but Dresden Codak as a whole give you the impression that besides Kimiko (the girl featured), most people around her agree with me, including the creator. H+ is fun as a cyberpunk idea, but as a viable philosophy, I find it incredibly flawed--the human body has evolved for thousands of years for a reason--we are perfectly suited for our environments, where ever those are. Death, disease, pain, and hunger are not completely surmountable by any amount of medicine or technological superiority, I think. H+ is touched on briefly in The Fountain, and the entire movie was rather excellent, so if you want to see a good movie, watch that.

TigerX
its the squiggles dude!

Postby TigerX » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:35 am UTC

It's alive! WOOHOO! Wonderful job mods and special welcome to all our interim new folks. :-)

SpitValve
Not a mod.

Postby SpitValve » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:38 am UTC

ok, so _this_ is now the archive version, and the other one is the official one.

Hope there's no confusion. We have always been at war with Eurasia. The Computer is your Friend.

davean
Site Ninja

Postby davean » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:10 am UTC

I'd like to introduce myself, I'm davean, the person who cleans up after the mods.

MFHodge

Postby MFHodge » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:13 pm UTC

For the record:

Davean is the baddest mother fucker in the known world. It's a fact.

Return to “General”