INTRO THREAD 2.0: INTRODUCE YOURSELF OR PERISH!

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Spaz Funbag

Postby Spaz Funbag » Tue May 22, 2007 8:18 pm UTC

What? You're two years younger that me and two years into college? That is a twisted world...
The harder you try, the dumber you look

warriorness
Huge Fucking-Lazer

Postby warriorness » Tue May 22, 2007 8:37 pm UTC

Regarding shadebug, I have no idea what's going on there. I talk to the guy regularly on IRC.

Radio Free Eurasia wrote:
thefiddler wrote:So was I. I start college this fall. Actually, I start in a few weeks (yay summer classes), but the school year starts in the fall. And I will be a college freshman. Born in 1989. :)

I'm going to stick to my guns here, and say that I can find at least a couple students here who never saw the 80s.

Actually though, my sister just finished her first year and was born in 87. I think. Perhaps the ability to do simple subtraction is the first thing to go.

I'm in the same boat as Caitlin regarding age, and just to make you happy I'll say that at least my memories don't see the 80s. I might've, but I don't remember it so it doesn't count. How's that?

(wait... I don't want to be a 90's kid... *cries*)

EDIT: Also, something I forgot to mention until now: My name's Ben. You can call me that or warriorness; I'll respond to both, but I'd prefer the first. As long as I know your name.
Iluvatar wrote:Love: Gimme the frickin' API.
yy2bggggs, on Fischer Random chess wrote:Hmmm.... I wonder how how a hypermodern approach would work

MFHodge

Postby MFHodge » Tue May 22, 2007 8:49 pm UTC

warriorness wrote:(wait... I don't want to be a 90's kid... *cries*)

Don't cry, Ben. The '90s were awesome! Best music ever created and many other awesome things. Maybe I should make a "Hey, Remember the '90s?" thread. But not now.

(My first name is John, but just call me Hodge)

Weasel

Postby Weasel » Tue May 22, 2007 9:08 pm UTC

Well, I made this account like a year ago. And then forgot about it. Until I tried to sign up again and it told me my chosen accountname was already in use. So I sent a new password and woot. Here I am.

I am: Girl. Middle Child. 20.
My older brother just graduated from UTD and we bond over this comic.

I live in the Dallas, Texas area. Go to college in Louisiana (although that might change.)

And um. I sell fuzzy fleece anime hats in my spare time. :twisted:

apricity
almost grown-up but not quite

Postby apricity » Tue May 22, 2007 9:16 pm UTC

Weasel wrote:I am: Girl. Middle Child. 20.
My older brother just graduated from UTD and we bond over this comic.

Heyy, me too on all counts, minus the brother graduating from UTD, as he's still in school at URI. Welcome to the fora!
LE4d wrote:have you considered becoming an electron

it takes just a little practice to learn to be
(she/her/hers)

shadebug

Postby shadebug » Tue May 22, 2007 9:26 pm UTC

Hawknc wrote:I...that's the longest, most bizarre spam message I've seen in a long time. Excellent disguise until this point, though it feels as if you let yourself down by not putting any links in...

I had four links if memory serves, all in commas and full stops. I had to sift through 12 pages of e-mails to find one of the insider trading spam messages, but i was pleased with the result. Though now nobody will ever know
Heaven is for the hedonist

scowdich
The Hedgehog

Postby scowdich » Tue May 22, 2007 9:38 pm UTC

I can see more Tesla coil information is needed.

At the University of Illinois, we have an Engineering Open House every year...thousands of people show up. As a member of Physics Society here (I'm the Minister of Truth), we can get grants for projects, with which I purchased plywood, PVC, and copper pipe. Literally everything else - transformer, capacitors, wire connectors...came from a professor who is very friendly to PhySoc and gave me the parts on "permanent loan". The capacitors are, if I recall correctly, each 0.03 microFarad and rated for 30kV, and I hooked them up in series.

My physics hat did not, unfortunately, succeed in monitoring my health during Engineering Open House, as I passed out on the first day just after I got back with takeout. I guess that's what no sleep for 40 hours and no solid food for 20 will do to you. The hallucinations were fun, though.

Platypus

Postby Platypus » Tue May 22, 2007 10:03 pm UTC

Hullo. I exist. Getting my posts deleted would make me sad.

Interesting fact about me: I am trying to find a good way to search the xkcd archives for a specific comic. Maybe a text file containing the text from each comic?
Last edited by Platypus on Tue May 22, 2007 10:04 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Tue May 22, 2007 10:04 pm UTC

Platypus wrote:Hullo. I exist.

Liar.

UmbralRaptor

Postby UmbralRaptor » Tue May 22, 2007 11:47 pm UTC

Apparently I'm supposed to post here before saying things in other threads? :oops:

I don't.
Why do you assume that I exist?

Anmorata
The Doll's House

Postby Anmorata » Tue May 22, 2007 11:48 pm UTC

I posted this, then deleted it. Some of you have probably already read it. If not, hi. Here's my Re-intro.

The standard intro:
I'm Callie. 28/F/currently coastal NC (Jacksonville, to be specific), headed back to Cleveland, Ohio in late August. My icon photo is me, though it's not horribly current.. it's from last November or so. I'll take a new one soon.

And now, for the rest:
In my spare time, I... wait, what spare time? ;) Actually, I've got a bit more time on my hands this summer than I have in semesters past. I'm a bit of an academic masochist, and piling on courses (18-19 semester credits) isn't uncommon for me, though I'd prefer to never have to do that again. I graduated with honors from my local community college this past weekend, earning my Associate of Science degree. I've said that about 10 billion times in the last week among several different sites, and I promise to stop talking about it soon. It's been a very big deal for me, consuming my soul for the last two years. The comedown from all of that has been exhilarating. :)

In the fall, I'll be commuting to Kent State University (in Kent, Ohio) to pursue a Biotech degree. No, I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet, but most of the good things in my life have happened by random chance/excellent opportunities presenting themselves at the right time, so I'm hoping it works out that way. Ideally, I'll end up in some sort of medical research or in environmental remediation.

Actually, to finish the sentence honestly, in my spare time I like to read voraciously, sleep as long as I can, and play around on the web (particularly: here, Livejournal, KoL, and the likes). I also like RPG and puzzle video games, goth music and all electronic variants attached to it, and I'd add in clubbing if there were actually somewhere around here to go. Feh. I used to, though.

I'm a bit of an introvert. Too much in-person conversation can be a bit overstimulating, and I'll crave silence. I'm your typical wallflower - I'll speak up when I think I have something worthwhile to say, but otherwise, I tend to observe, participating only in random threads (such as a lot of the "what are you... " threads in the General area). It takes a bit for me to find my comfort zone. I'm getting there, slowly.

I think that's good for now, if not a bit too wordy. Hi. And welcome.
Turn your scars into stars.

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Tue May 22, 2007 11:49 pm UTC

I was abotu to re-introduce myself, but really, you all know who I am (I stalk half of you on messenger anyways).

Anmorata
The Doll's House

Postby Anmorata » Tue May 22, 2007 11:52 pm UTC

^ That's Jesse. He lives in the UK and is a fabulous chat partner when he's up late. ;) Especially since I live on the other side of the pond, and up late for him is mid-evening for me. Hehehe.

He aspires to run a bookstore someday. He does something with wrestling, but given that I have zero knowledge in that area, I can't explain it. He likes Tori as much as I do, if not more. He writes amazing poetry. And he's neat. Get to know him.

How's that?
Last edited by Anmorata on Tue May 22, 2007 11:55 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Tue May 22, 2007 11:53 pm UTC

Anmorata wrote:^ That's Jesse. He lives in the UK and is a fabulous chat partner when he's up late. ;) Especially since I live on the other side of the pond.

He aspires to run a bookstore someday. He does something with wrestling, but given that I have zero knowledge in that area, I can't explain it. He likes Tori as much as I do, if not more. He writes amazing poetry. And he's neat. Get to know him.

How's that?

Neat, I'm more awesome than I thought I was.

bbctol
Super Deluxe Forum Title of DESTINYâ„¢

Postby bbctol » Tue May 22, 2007 11:54 pm UTC

Reintroduction!

I'm bbctol, 14/m/massachusetts. I'm a nerd, much like many others on this forum. I like writing, conlanging, AHing, math, science, and not speaking to other human beings. I count my friends (3). I may or may not be the youngest person on this forum (wasn't there a thirteen year old?). I spend upwards of 7 hours per day on the computer, my alltime record being 14 straight hours, with minor pauses for eating etc. I have an infrequently updated blog linked to in my sig. *runs out of steam*

bbctol is exiting radio contact.

Ren
Rockin' Robin

Postby Ren » Wed May 23, 2007 12:02 am UTC

Are we...reintroductioning?

Hello everyone! I'm Ren, and I live in Canada (specifics next to "Location") although I grew up in a suburb of Philadelphia and a district of Singapore called Bishan. I am a music student at Wilfrid Laurier University, and I draw a webcomic which is well on its way to being fully-functioning. I work at a card & junk shop, and also as a baker at a coffee 'n' donut franchise (think: classier than Dunkin' Donuts, not as classy as Starbucks).

I like Independent music (particularly Canadian Indie), vinyl, mixing drinks, a really good cafe mocha, dark chocolate, asymptotal high fives, walking in the rain, and the colours yellow and green. I use a Powerbook G4. I read voraciously, and write the same way--poetry, fiction, and A&E articles for my school's paper "The Cord."

I am also super-par concerning Scrabble.

That is all.
MotleyJesster (12:34:04 PM): Better than moping around being all "I do not need love, I have indie music and a wind instrument!"

chrispy1

Postby chrispy1 » Wed May 23, 2007 12:12 am UTC

Ren wrote: and also as a baker at a coffee 'n' donut franchise (think: classier than Dunkin' Donuts, not as classy as Starbucks).

Timmy's!?!? You work at a Timmy's??? I will give you my first born child for a lifetime supply of doughnaughts (spelling intentional)!! OK, so that offer may be a bit drastic, my wife may disapprove, but meh - it's free food...

Ren wrote:I am also super-par concerning Scrabble.

Find me a good online version and I would love to play!! ** Please note - this is not a challenge - rather an invitation for you to trounce me. I love the game, and occasionally I come up with some decent words, which is embarassing b/c I read so darn much. Must be all the picture books LOL.

(30/m/just west of Toronto,ONT....reading,playing scrabble,computer geek stuff,playing Ps2...thought cuz i just intro'd myself here it would rude to repost :D )
Narsil wrote:For the record, I am not:
b)obsessed with penii, I just have bad luck and they follow me everywh...

SpitValve wrote:And as for Optimus being influenced by Buddhism, I severly doubt it.

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Wed May 23, 2007 12:31 am UTC

Wait...fuck...you can trade kids for DOUGHNUTS?!!?!?!!!?!????

I need to rethink the whole childfree thing...
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

Gordon
Dr. Banana
Dr. Banana

Postby Gordon » Wed May 23, 2007 12:35 am UTC

This is Canada. The government declared the next 5 years "no hold bars" which means anything goes, especially child trading.
Meaux_Pas wrote:
RealGrouchy wrote:I still remember the time when Gordon left. I still wake up in the middle of the night crying and screaming his name.
I do that too, but for an entirely different reason.
RealGrouchy wrote:
Gordon wrote:How long have I been asleep?!
Our daughter is in high school now.

Anmorata
The Doll's House

Postby Anmorata » Wed May 23, 2007 12:36 am UTC

Damn. Why did no one inform me of that about a decade ago?

;)

bbctol
Super Deluxe Forum Title of DESTINYâ„¢

Postby bbctol » Wed May 23, 2007 12:36 am UTC

Belial wrote:Wait...fuck...you can trade kids for DOUGHNUTS?!!?!?!!!?!????

Child standard! Everyone knows child labor is the new universal standard. It's like getting paid for having unprotected sex!

chrispy1

Postby chrispy1 » Wed May 23, 2007 12:39 am UTC

Anmorata wrote:Damn. Why did no one inform me of that about a decade ago?

;)

Us Canucks try and keep some stuff hidden from you Americans :D Although with all those damn satellites you got watching us, you think you would have caught on when we drive the full school buses to the coffee shop, unload the kids, and then leave with boxes of pastries.
Last edited by chrispy1 on Wed May 23, 2007 12:47 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Narsil wrote:For the record, I am not:
b)obsessed with penii, I just have bad luck and they follow me everywh...

SpitValve wrote:And as for Optimus being influenced by Buddhism, I severly doubt it.

Mek

Postby Mek » Wed May 23, 2007 12:39 am UTC

Hi All, lets introduce myself, I'm a 21 years old male bot, but I think I could pass the Turing test, so I'm not sure if that would still qualify me as being a bot... Perhaps you could say I'm a bot with a bit of an identity problem...

Jadestone

Postby Jadestone » Wed May 23, 2007 1:41 am UTC

My terribly formal condolences. But don't worry, I'm sure there will be a cure someday.

I am suddenly frightened of being traded for a box of doughnuts by Canadians. I blame you all for this newly-emerged phobia. Wait- do you think it could get me out of my spanish final? Hmm...

I like writing poetry and stories. Anyone here done NaNoWriMo (=National Novel Writing Month, write a 50,000 word story in November) or doing ScriptFrenzy (=20,00 word script in June)? I did Nano this year but didn't make it to 50,000 words, just 10,000, which was pretty good considering my attention span.

EDIT: Found a thread for it, actually. I'll head over there.

thefiddler
The Fora's Prophetess

Postby thefiddler » Wed May 23, 2007 1:50 am UTC

Because introduction threads are still fun, even after nearly 2000 posts, I'm going to keep posting random intro stuff in here. :D

I'm planning on double-majoring in English and Business, and hope to get a job in a publishing company for a while (hey, are there any connections here on xkcd?). After that, I hope to open up my own bookshop. :) I guess I really like books. I'm hoping that I can get a summer job at either Borders or Barnes & Noble. That would be fun.

I spend roughly 4 or so hours on the computer a day, I listen to lots of music, I like people, I'm social, and I am very much a teenage girl. :D

I dislike drama, I hate romance, love is silly, and rational thought is much better than emotions.

I play four-ish instruments, am slightly studious, am somewhat of an over-achiever, a worrier, and dislike spending time with my family.

And, as I told Hugh the other night, if I could have had sex with any political figure while they were in their prime, it would have been JFK. I mean I could even say that, by transitive property, I did Marilyn Monroe! :D (Just kidding, guys.)

Shro
science genius girl

Postby Shro » Wed May 23, 2007 2:00 am UTC

Totally not JFK for me. Seriously, who trades in Jackie O?

If it was any political figure ever, I would totally have to say Gengis Khan. Because it would be weird, you know? And the Khan line apparently accounts for a HUGE number of the Asiatic population.*

*Footnote: Quoted from some random study I read and stored the information but promptly forgot where it was from.
argyl3: My idea of being a rebel is splitting infinitives.
Alisto: Rebel without a clause?

I made this thing:
www.justthetipcalculator.com

Jadestone

Postby Jadestone » Wed May 23, 2007 2:01 am UTC

thefiddler wrote:I dislike drama, I hate romance, love is silly, and rational thought is much better than emotions.

Agreed.
Well, not counting Drama as in Drama club, cause that's fun, esspecally when we play Random games that turn out very amusing. Otherwise, the rational thought>emotions is the philosephy I tend to go by.

warriorness
Huge Fucking-Lazer

Postby warriorness » Wed May 23, 2007 2:11 am UTC

VTHodge wrote:
warriorness wrote:(wait... I don't want to be a 90's kid... *cries*)

Don't cry, Ben. The '90s were awesome! Best music ever created and many other awesome things. Maybe I should make a "Hey, Remember the '90s?" thread. But not now.

(My first name is John, but just call me Hodge)

Yeah, but to be born in the 90's? That seems to be the only unpopular thing about it.

chrispy1 wrote:
Ren wrote:I am also super-par concerning Scrabble.

Find me a good online version and I would love to play!! ** Please note - this is not a challenge - rather an invitation for you to trounce me. I love the game, and occasionally I come up with some decent words, which is embarassing b/c I read so darn much. Must be all the picture books LOL.

I think an xkcd scrabble tournament is in order. I'm not wonderful myself, but I crush my immediate family whenever I play them (my final score hovers around 130 or so). Ren will probably win, but it'd sure be fun.
yy2bggggs, on Fischer Random chess wrote:Hmmm.... I wonder how how a hypermodern approach would work

The LuigiManiac
Location: Trapped in a hypothetical situation somewhere in Ontario...help?

Postby The LuigiManiac » Wed May 23, 2007 2:13 am UTC

I won my family's Scrabble tournament a few years back. They say I'm great, but I still think I'm just mediocre compared to pros.
Spoiler:
THE CAKE IS A 3.141592653589...!

warriorness
Huge Fucking-Lazer

Postby warriorness » Wed May 23, 2007 2:46 am UTC

argyl3 wrote:If it was any political figure ever, I would totally have to say Gengis Khan. Because it would be weird, you know? And the Khan line apparently accounts for a HUGE number of the Asiatic population.*

He wouldn't want you to. (Also, you could potentially create a great-great-great-grandmother paradox if you did that)

The LuigiManiac wrote:I won my family's Scrabble tournament a few years back. They say I'm great, but I still think I'm just mediocre compared to pros.

You're mediocre compared to pros? That's impressive. I don't even own a scrabble dictionary, and was surprised the last time I played because I'd forgotten the use-up-all-your-letters-and-get-50-extra-points rule. On a scale from 1 to the pros, I'm probably 1.

hermaj

Postby hermaj » Wed May 23, 2007 2:48 am UTC

Gordon wrote:This is Canada. The government declared the next 5 years "no hold bars" which means anything goes, especially child trading.

*is incredibly concerned*

I am going to reintroduce myself later! Suspense!

Nyarlathotep
Not a god. Not even a titan.

Postby Nyarlathotep » Wed May 23, 2007 3:24 am UTC

Jadestone wrote:I like writing poetry and stories. Anyone here done NaNoWriMo (=National Novel Writing Month, write a 50,000 word story in November) or doing ScriptFrenzy (=20,00 word script in June)? I did Nano this year but didn't make it to 50,000 words, just 10,000, which was pretty good considering my attention span.

EDIT: Found a thread for it, actually. I'll head over there.

OH BOY MORE WRITERS!! <3
'Gehȳrst þū, sǣlida, hwæt þis folc segeð?
hī willað ēow tō gafole gāras syllan,
ǣttrynne ord and ealde swurd,
þā heregeatu þe ēow æt hilde ne dēah.

The LuigiManiac
Location: Trapped in a hypothetical situation somewhere in Ontario...help?

Postby The LuigiManiac » Wed May 23, 2007 3:31 am UTC

warriorness wrote:
The LuigiManiac wrote:I won my family's Scrabble tournament a few years back. They say I'm great, but I still think I'm just mediocre compared to pros.

You're mediocre compared to pros? That's impressive. I don't even own a scrabble dictionary, and was surprised the last time I played because I'd forgotten the use-up-all-your-letters-and-get-50-extra-points rule. On a scale from 1 to the pros, I'm probably 1.

I meant I'm poor, shoddy, sub-par compared to them. Apparently mediocre only means that in Italian.
Spoiler:
THE CAKE IS A 3.141592653589...!

apricity
almost grown-up but not quite

Postby apricity » Wed May 23, 2007 3:49 am UTC

Well, I suppose since we're all doing it, I can do it too.

Lanicita is the Spanish-ized form of Lani, according to me, because I made it up and started using it online. I'm a 20-year-old psych major, with a double minor in Italian and general education. My current goal is to go to UPenn for grad school to get my Master of Applied Positive Psychology. We'll see how well that goes but I'm stupidly hopeful. So hey, I'd probably fit the program perfectly!

I have a lot of half-developed skills, like juggling, playing guitar and clarinet, and writing calligraphy. I usually give this stuff up once I get good enough to say "Yeah, I can do that," so I never get better at any of it. I have major wanderlust, where I get bored and restless quickly if I stay in one place or stick with one activity for too long, so I change what I'm doing a lot. Because of this, I'm kind of a social chameleon, because my interests so varied that I have a lot in common with almost anyone. This transfers to everything in my life- my taste in music, my spectrum of friends, what I read, what I eat. Sometimes it makes life harder, but usually it just makes it way more interesting.

Anything else you want to know is probably somewhere on these fora... oh yeah, and I'm a mod. Woo!
LE4d wrote:have you considered becoming an electron

it takes just a little practice to learn to be
(she/her/hers)

Gordon
Dr. Banana
Dr. Banana

Postby Gordon » Wed May 23, 2007 4:10 am UTC

hermaj wrote:
Gordon wrote:This is Canada. The government declared the next 5 years "no hold bars" which means anything goes, especially child trading.

*is incredibly concerned*

Don't worry babe, I wouldn't make em if I didn't want to keep em!
Meaux_Pas wrote:
RealGrouchy wrote:I still remember the time when Gordon left. I still wake up in the middle of the night crying and screaming his name.
I do that too, but for an entirely different reason.
RealGrouchy wrote:
Gordon wrote:How long have I been asleep?!
Our daughter is in high school now.

SimonSwift

Postby SimonSwift » Wed May 23, 2007 5:21 am UTC

Hey there.

I've been reading xkcd, but only utter boredom at life on the interwebs at the moment has led me to investigate these forums (mostly because I already belong to too many internet-related communities anyways...). Turns out this seems like a pretty neat place. If you're lucky, I'll stick around.

Anywho, call me Simon, or Swift, or Simon Swift, or SimonSwift, or Simonswift, or Noel (considering Simon Swift is only a penname), or Jeffrey if you are so inclined--albeit the latter I might not recognize seeing as it has no correlation to me at all...Nevertheless...

I flirt with, among many things, disaster, inanity, and women, and enjoy writing (and his companion, verbosity), ranting and raving, sarcasm, movies, books, music, learning anything I can get my hands on, and long walks on the beach. Actually, that last one isn't true. When I walk on the beach I always get sand in between my toes, and then you have to struggle for hours to get the stupid grains out of all those crevasses before the webs of your toes are permanently ingrained with little rocks. Plus, I don't like walking for that long anyways. It's exhausting. While we're not on the topic, I also dislike margaritas and getting caught in the rain. Honestly, the combination just puts me in a bad mood.

The remaining nuances of my persona I'll leave in an enigmatic cloud because otherwise where would the entertainment be in getting to know me better?

~Siswi
P.S. I hate you.
P.P.S. Apologies for the verbosity.
--------------------
This delightful post brought to you by Simon Swift.
Simon Swift: The new not-Simon Swift.

Cephalus

Postby Cephalus » Wed May 23, 2007 5:48 am UTC

scowdich wrote:I can see more Tesla coil information is needed.

At the University of Illinois, we have an Engineering Open House every year...thousands of people show up. As a member of Physics Society here (I'm the Minister of Truth), we can get grants for projects, with which I purchased plywood, PVC, and copper pipe. Literally everything else - transformer, capacitors, wire connectors...came from a professor who is very friendly to PhySoc and gave me the parts on "permanent loan". The capacitors are, if I recall correctly, each 0.03 microFarad and rated for 30kV, and I hooked them up in series.

My physics hat did not, unfortunately, succeed in monitoring my health during Engineering Open House, as I passed out on the first day just after I got back with takeout. I guess that's what no sleep for 40 hours and no solid food for 20 will do to you. The hallucinations were fun, though.

I never did a tesla coil, but a friend and I made a Gauss gun for fun. Photos should be at http://uwec.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2026311&l=af0ff&id=59510992
Lurker Extraordinaire

scowdich
The Hedgehog

Postby scowdich » Wed May 23, 2007 6:16 am UTC

Mucho nice heatsinks and mondo capacitors...I wish mine looked less like bricks, but I sure can't complain.

Toeofdoom
The (Male) Skeleton Guitarist

Postby Toeofdoom » Wed May 23, 2007 6:49 am UTC

SimonSwift wrote:Hey there.

I've been reading xkcd, but only utter boredom at life on the interwebs at the moment has led me to investigate these forums (mostly because I already belong to too many internet-related communities anyways...). Turns out this seems like a pretty neat place. If you're lucky, I'll stick around.

Anywho, call me Simon, or Swift, or Simon Swift, or SimonSwift, or Simonswift, or Noel (considering Simon Swift is only a penname), or Jeffrey if you are so inclined--albeit the latter I might not recognize seeing as it has no correlation to me at all...Nevertheless...

I flirt with, among many things, disaster, inanity, and women, and enjoy writing (and his companion, verbosity), ranting and raving, sarcasm, movies, books, music, learning anything I can get my hands on, and long walks on the beach. Actually, that last one isn't true. When I walk on the beach I always get sand in between my toes, and then you have to struggle for hours to get the stupid grains out of all those crevasses before the webs of your toes are permanently ingrained with little rocks. Plus, I don't like walking for that long anyways. It's exhausting. While we're not on the topic, I also dislike margaritas and getting caught in the rain. Honestly, the combination just puts me in a bad mood.

The remaining nuances of my persona I'll leave in an enigmatic cloud because otherwise where would the entertainment be in getting to know me better?

~Siswi

Hey, good to see you finally turned up! PB does get a little slow these days actually...
Hawknc wrote:Gotta love our political choices here - you can pick the unionised socially conservative party, or the free-market even more socially conservative party. Oh who to vote for…I don't know, I think I'll just flip a coin and hope it explodes and kills me.

Website

Cephalus

Postby Cephalus » Wed May 23, 2007 7:07 am UTC

scowdich wrote:Mucho nice heatsinks and mondo capacitors...I wish mine looked less like bricks, but I sure can't complain.

2400 micro-farad capacitors, in parrallel circuit, charged up to 450 volts. We burnt out one power supply charging them too fast. The heatsinks are on the SCR's, which we were using as switches.
Lurker Extraordinaire

Return to “General”