Could near-sightedness be naturally curable?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Earlz
Gets Obvious Implications

Could near-sightedness be naturally curable?

Postby Earlz » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:40 am UTC

Hello, I have discovered this pastebin on the internet http://pastebin.com/f3ca288e8

It sorta makes sense, and I'm near sighted, so I'm considering trying to do this whenever I can think of it and seeing if it helps any(cause what is there to lose?)... It's not like I'm blind though, and my vision has actually stayed the exact same for about 3 years now(and I'm bout to be 19) so I figure it'd be really neat if I could actually improve my vision..

any comments on this? Another internet hoax? Does it actually make sense? (is there an eye doctor in the house?)
My new blag(WIP, so yes it's still ugly..)
DEFIANCE!
This is microtext. Zooming in digitally makes it worse. Get a magnifying glass.. works only on LCD

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Re: Could near-sightedness be naturally curable?

Postby poxic » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:52 am UTC

According to a friend of mine who did eye exercises something like this, it helped a bit. He was able to avoid getting glasses for a few years, until the post-40 rot set in and he needed bifocals.

I have a window with a decent view at work, so I stop frequently (each ~30 mins) to focus on things of varying distance, including the North Shore mountains. I have no idea if this has helped, but my prescription has been pretty stable for over ten years despite constant computer use. (I'm just into my 40s, so I haven't had the crappy-nearsight thing happen yet. I don't think there's a cure for that, except laser surgery that fixes that and simultaneously buggers your farsight.)
A man who is 'ill-adjusted' to the world is always on the verge of finding himself. One who is adjusted to the world never finds himself, but gets to be a cabinet minister.
- Hermann Hesse, novelist, poet, Nobel laureate (2 Jul 1877-1962)

bright roar

Postby bright roar » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:23 am UTC

Do you enjoy coding in Ruby?

Earlz
Gets Obvious Implications

Postby Earlz » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:36 am UTC

bright roar wrote:Do you enjoy coding in Ruby?

I fail to see how this is relevant... if your making a reference to the microtext in my signature, it was not me that made that program... but yes I do enjoy coding in ruby.
My new blag(WIP, so yes it's still ugly..)
DEFIANCE!
This is microtext. Zooming in digitally makes it worse. Get a magnifying glass.. works only on LCD

Cammy

Postby Cammy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:11 am UTC

I'm near-sighted and hate it. I'm almost at the point where I legally need glasses to drive. I'll give this a whirl.

Rammi

Postby Rammi » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:31 am UTC

I'm not sure that eye exercises will actually do something, but I've seen some people gradually lose their myopia with age and gain hyperopia instead. I doubt constant eye exercises would have done much for them.

Return to “General”