How do we know you have a face unless you post it?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
Pez Dispens3r
is not a stick figure.
Posts: 2079
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:08 am UTC
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Pez Dispens3r » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:06 am UTC

e^iπ+1=0 wrote:Me with my new top hat with my hair pulled back.
Spoiler:
Image

My personal favourite. If you're going to use the hat, definitely keep the hair back.
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:I feel like you're probably an ocelot, and I feel like I want to eat you. Feeling is fun!
this isn't my cow

User avatar
Gojoe
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:45 pm UTC
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Gojoe » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:28 am UTC

My flatmates got a kitty!!
It fell asleep on my hard drive.
Spoiler:
snapshot.jpg
snapshot.jpg (29.34 KiB) Viewed 7122 times
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

User avatar
Link
Posts: 1399
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:33 am UTC
Location: ᘝᓄᘈᖉᐣ
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Link » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:23 am UTC

I couldn't resist:
Spoiler:
lolcat37aba3c39e914e9c3882bcd8d88b15f07daa08b8.jpg
lolcat37aba3c39e914e9c3882bcd8d88b15f07daa08b8.jpg (72.53 KiB) Viewed 7069 times

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26508
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:05 pm UTC

I was thinking "iz warm" myself, but whatever.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:41 am UTC
Location: Lancaster

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:31 am UTC

sje46 wrote:That top hat looks quite spiffsome. Love the xkcd shirt :)
Fractal_Tangent wrote:Nice top hat, very attractive =D
Pez Dispens3r wrote:
e^iπ+1=0 wrote:Me with my new top hat with my hair pulled back.
Spoiler:
Image

My personal favourite. If you're going to use the hat, definitely keep the hair back.


Thanks guys!
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students
Posts: 4399
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:47 am UTC
Location: The Daily Bugle

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:45 am UTC

You know what's the rage this year? ...Hats.
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

User avatar
drewster1829
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:46 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby drewster1829 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:09 am UTC

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:You know what's the rage this year? ...Hats.


Yes! I want to get a vintage hat so badly to go with my black overcoat, but I don't know what would look good on me with it...there's a good hat shop in Seattle, but that's a good 5 hours from here. :P
"Distrust your judgment the moment you can discern the shadow of a personal motive in it."
-- Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

User avatar
Ninjap00
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:03 am UTC
Location: sanity louse, misery
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Ninjap00 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:37 am UTC

I need a black fedora.
I was paid to say that.

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Azrael001 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:15 am UTC

I'm kind of leaning towards a bowler now. I just don't know what would suit me.
23111

User avatar
Alpha Omicron
Posts: 2765
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 1:07 pm UTC

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Alpha Omicron » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:30 am UTC

Wheeee!
Attachments
banjo_and_hat.jpg
banjo_and_hat.jpg (135.91 KiB) Viewed 6808 times
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

User avatar
Velict
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:07 pm UTC
Location: Icecrown Citadel

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Velict » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:31 am UTC

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:You know what's the rage this year? ...Hats.


Fedoras (and hats in general) have gone very mainstream recently.

I like it, though. :mrgreen:

User avatar
cyberia
Posts: 852
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:53 pm UTC
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby cyberia » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:38 am UTC

Mah fehs -


Image

Because Melbourne is in the middle of a ridiculous spell of hot weather and it's only the beginning of November, I decided to buy curtains for my lounge room. This is the material I got :)
The patron saint of self-injury. And the glitter sores will heal themselves.

"Somebody said, 'every moment of your life, of everybody's lives, is an unpremeditated work of art'. That's creativity, that's all I know about creativity."

User avatar
It Should Be Real
Ninja Sauce Container
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:48 am UTC
Location: Birmingham, UK

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby It Should Be Real » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:03 pm UTC

So many glowy things. o-o
e^iπ+1=0's hat is awesome. I am going to have to steal it and wear it and frolic through 3Dspace being happy.
Much the same with Alpha's, actually. Hm. Has anyone refined a hat stacking and securing technique which allows frolicing before slippage?
Also! I have the urge to make a dress out of that material, cyberia. *nods*

I borrowed someone's camera to play with, and then another one was pointed at me! He said something derogatory about Ubuntu being suspiciously like Vista to get me to look at the camera..
Spoilered for eeeeviiil.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3911
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Sungura » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:46 pm UTC

Azrael001 wrote:I'm kind of leaning towards a bowler now. I just don't know what would suit me.

Bowler. Yes. Get one.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
tin
Foxy McAwesomesworth
Posts: 1406
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:28 pm UTC
Location: Glasgow, UK
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby tin » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:58 pm UTC

I think i'm going to change my avatar to this photo once the avatar crazyness settles down. Mmmyup.
Spoiler:
Image
i dare you to take me on...

User avatar
TaintedDeity
Posts: 4003
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:22 pm UTC
Location: England;

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby TaintedDeity » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:01 pm UTC

I think I'm going to support that decision. Mmmyup.

I need to buy a friend of mine a camera for christmas... how else can I get photos of me!
Ⓞⓞ◯

Ubik
Posts: 1016
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:43 pm UTC

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Ubik » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:34 pm UTC

There is an amusement park not far from my home. Last Sunday I made a little trip there with my camera. Enjoy the pictures!

The whole place is near water, these two pictures were taken across a small bay.
Spoiler:
yippeeee.jpg
The water sure looks pretty calm but you can't not see the joy all over the place!
Spoiler:
wheeee.jpg
Now lets get closer. You can almost hear the screams when you look at this picture. I haven't taken the ride myself, but it looks exciting.
Spoiler:
yeeeeaah.jpg
Oh boy do the chains of the swings rattle or what?
Spoiler:
whooooaaa.jpg
And at last, my own face. I was so happy!
Spoiler:
so_exciteeeed.jpg

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Azrael001 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:33 am UTC

That set of pictures is missing the important end bits with gore and terror creeping into the edges.
23111

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26508
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:35 am UTC

Ubik wrote:There is an amusement park not far from my home. Last Sunday I made a little trip there with my camera. Enjoy the pictures!

The whole place is near water, these two pictures were taken across a small bay.
Spoiler:
yippeeee.jpg
The water sure looks pretty calm but you can't not see the joy all over the place!
Spoiler:
wheeee.jpg
Now lets get closer. You can almost hear the screams when you look at this picture. I haven't taken the ride myself, but it looks exciting.
Spoiler:
yeeeeaah.jpg
Oh boy do the chains of the swings rattle or what?
Spoiler:
whooooaaa.jpg
And at last, my own face. I was so happy!
Spoiler:
so_exciteeeed.jpg
That would make an interesting Zalgo series, I believe.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Skythe
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:19 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Skythe » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:19 am UTC

Image
Har. This is like 2 years old, but what evs
Image

User avatar
parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time
Posts: 5539
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:17 am UTC
Location: la-la land
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby parkaboy » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:28 am UTC

Those pictures are amazing and I love them and also how difficult is it to type out "ever"? I mean, if you're going to type out "evs" you're only one letter away from completion, as far as the number of letters in the word goes. You aren't saving yourself any time, you might be wasting some as one of your fingers should already be on the E key and its RIGHT next to the R. *flails a little*
Image

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

User avatar
Skythe
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:19 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Skythe » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:36 am UTC

parkaboy wrote:Those pictures are amazing and I love them and also how difficult is it to type out "ever"? I mean, if you're going to type out "evs" you're only one letter away from completion, as far as the number of letters in the word goes. You aren't saving yourself any time, you might be wasting some as one of your fingers should already be on the E key and its RIGHT next to the R. *flails a little*


A grammar nazi I see. That's how I was trying to pronounce it, not to piss you off.
Image

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26508
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:53 am UTC

We prefer Grammar Geheime Staatspolizei.

That said, I've found a ", yo." at the end of such statements lets everyone know your typos are intentional for flavor. Don't ask me why.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
cyberia
Posts: 852
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:53 pm UTC
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby cyberia » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:11 am UTC

It Should Be Real wrote:<snip>
Spoilered for eeeeviiil.
Spoiler:
Image


You are very cute :3
The patron saint of self-injury. And the glitter sores will heal themselves.

"Somebody said, 'every moment of your life, of everybody's lives, is an unpremeditated work of art'. That's creativity, that's all I know about creativity."

User avatar
Lord Aurora
Posts: 566
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:14 am UTC

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Lord Aurora » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:47 am UTC

Skythe wrote:
parkaboy wrote:Those pictures are amazing and I love them and also how difficult is it to type out "ever"? I mean, if you're going to type out "evs" you're only one letter away from completion, as far as the number of letters in the word goes. You aren't saving yourself any time, you might be wasting some as one of your fingers should already be on the E key and its RIGHT next to the R. *flails a little*


A grammar nazi I see. That's how I was trying to pronounce it, not to piss you off.
Protip: We like parka, and we want to like you, and parka is nice but sometimes she points out interesting things that might sound like she's yelling at you but she's really not.

tl;dr: Oh come on, that was ONE GODDAM SENTENCE HOW WAS THAT TOO LONG
Decker wrote:Children! Children! There's no need to fight. You're ALL stupid.

Ubik
Posts: 1016
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:43 pm UTC

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Ubik » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:44 pm UTC

Azrael001 wrote:That set of pictures is missing the important end bits with gore and terror creeping into the edges.
SecondTalon wrote:That would make an interesting Zalgo series, I believe.
What are you talking about? Terror? Those are happy amusement park pictures! It is almost as you were seeing different pictures...(cue creepy theremin music)

...I actually thought about making some alterations to the pictures but then decided against it. Better to not fuck up the pictures at all than to do some crappy zalgoifications. (No, just using some black color and smudge tool doesn't make pictures scary, people.)

It took some effort to take the pictures. Some random people just come and start asking "Have you seen my daughter?" Oh you're here on a vacation? Well maybe you should look after family members then. Or "I'm looking for my wife." Maybe you should try to describe her too, and who's that woman with you, then? I have not seen anybody and even if I did, I can't just start tracking other people for you. I'm not your private detective, sheesh!

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby MasterOfAll » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:05 pm UTC

Lord Aurora wrote:tl;dr: Oh come on, that was ONE GODDAM SENTENCE HOW WAS THAT TOO LONG
Confession: When I got to the too long; didn't read tag, I actually went back up to what you wrote to see how it could possibly summarize to "one sentence is not too long". After a few seconds of confusion, I realized what was going on.

tl;dr: I confess to being an idjit, yo

Oh, and as this is the face thread: nice faces all who have posted, are posting, and/or will post.
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

User avatar
Torvaun
Posts: 2615
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:23 pm UTC
Location: 47°9′S, 126°43′W
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Torvaun » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:11 pm UTC

Ubik wrote:
Azrael001 wrote:That set of pictures is missing the important end bits with gore and terror creeping into the edges.
SexyTalon wrote:That would make an interesting Zalgo series, I believe.
What are you talking about? Terror? Those are happy amusement park pictures! It is almost as you were seeing different pictures...(cue creepy theremin music)

...I actually thought about making some alterations to the pictures but then decided against it. Better to not fuck up the pictures at all than to do some crappy zalgoifications. (No, just using some black color and smudge tool doesn't make pictures scary, people.)

It took some effort to take the pictures. Some random people just come and start asking "Have you seen my daughter?" Oh you're here on a vacation? Well maybe you should look after family members then. Or "I'm looking for my wife." Maybe you should try to describe her too, and who's that woman with you, then? I have not seen anybody and even if I did, I can't just start tracking other people for you. I'm not your private detective, sheesh!
So you ran into Harry Mason and James Sunderland, and you still don't see anything creepy about it?
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

User avatar
Compiling..
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:17 pm UTC
Location: The Interblag
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Compiling.. » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:38 am UTC

Well... It's been a while since I've posted mah fehs, sooo I figured I'd go ahead and repost cuz I has major changes
Spoiler:
Image
This was right after I got this haircut.

Spoiler:
Image
ok, so I is a bit showy here, I realize, but I love this picture of me. It was from an afternoon of modeling in a park with my best friend :) I was upside-down on a body curl bench lol
Depression is not fun..
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:i just want you to know that we're Never Gonna Give You Up, Never Gonna Let You Down, Never gonna run around and desert you, Never gonna make you cry, Never gonna say goodbye, Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you.

User avatar
tradiuz
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:19 am UTC

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby tradiuz » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:23 am UTC

Here is my cooking fehs. (I really, really wish I had been wearing my lab coat for this picture.)

Image

That's bumbleberry cobler filling on my hands, just in case you were wondering...
All My Mushrooms wrote:I'm practicing abstinence until someone offers me sex.

User avatar
LinuxPenguin
Posts: 486
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:37 am UTC
Location: Earth. (it's the pretty blue one)
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby LinuxPenguin » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:39 pm UTC

The addition of a lab coat would make that picture truly exude evil.
 Mac User (Running OS X, Linux, and Chrome OS)

User avatar
Vieto
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Vieto » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:14 am UTC

Quick! To photoshop!

User avatar
LinuxPenguin
Posts: 486
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:37 am UTC
Location: Earth. (it's the pretty blue one)
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby LinuxPenguin » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:20 pm UTC

Vieto wrote:Quick! To photoshop!


I would, but... well... frankly, i can't be bothered. :P
 Mac User (Running OS X, Linux, and Chrome OS)

User avatar
tradiuz
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:19 am UTC

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby tradiuz » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:57 pm UTC

I'm gonna make a few more pies this week, and I'll wear my lab coat for photos.
All My Mushrooms wrote:I'm practicing abstinence until someone offers me sex.

User avatar
LinuxPenguin
Posts: 486
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:37 am UTC
Location: Earth. (it's the pretty blue one)
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby LinuxPenguin » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:24 pm UTC

I was very bored at wwrk the other day, as it was slooooooooooooooow! : (
Anyway, this is me being bored at werk.

Image
 Mac User (Running OS X, Linux, and Chrome OS)

kapojinha
Posts: 471
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:13 am UTC
Location: USA

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby kapojinha » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm UTC

LinuxPenguin, I can't believe it's taken me so long to notice, but you have really pretty eyes. :)
"My desire for knowledge is intermittent, but my desire to bathe my head in atmospheres unknown to my feet is perennial and constant."

User avatar
parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time
Posts: 5539
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:17 am UTC
Location: la-la land
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby parkaboy » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:20 pm UTC

Lord Aurora wrote:
Skythe wrote:
parkaboy wrote:Those pictures are amazing and I love them and also how difficult is it to type out "ever"? I mean, if you're going to type out "evs" you're only one letter away from completion, as far as the number of letters in the word goes. You aren't saving yourself any time, you might be wasting some as one of your fingers should already be on the E key and its RIGHT next to the R. *flails a little*


A grammar nazi I see. That's how I was trying to pronounce it, not to piss you off.
Protip: We like parka, and we want to like you, and parka is nice but sometimes she points out interesting things that might sound like she's yelling at you but she's really not.

tl;dr: Oh come on, that was ONE GODDAM SENTENCE HOW WAS THAT TOO LONG


oh, yes, I am very rarely flailing directly at someone, but rather something they did set off a mini-rant that had been stewing in my brain for some time.
Attachments
tran.gif
tran.gif (26.29 KiB) Viewed 4997 times
Image

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

User avatar
LinuxPenguin
Posts: 486
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:37 am UTC
Location: Earth. (it's the pretty blue one)
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby LinuxPenguin » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:10 pm UTC

kapojinha wrote:LinuxPenguin, I can't believe it's taken me so long to notice, but you have really pretty eyes. :)


Thanks.
 Mac User (Running OS X, Linux, and Chrome OS)

User avatar
DJorgensen
Posts: 1503
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:24 pm UTC
Location: A small reality, fractured from this one.
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby DJorgensen » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:59 am UTC

Was having a rather shitty day, so I decided to cheer myself up by putting on clothes!
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image
trap: a device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned.

User avatar
Skythe
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:19 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Skythe » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:48 am UTC

DJorgensen wrote:Was having a rather shitty day, so I decided to cheer myself up by putting on clothes!
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image


Clothes are definitely a plus. LOL. You actually look like you're having a nice time.

42nd post. YEAAAAH!
Image


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests