How do we know you have a face unless you post it?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Cai

Postby Cai » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:11 pm UTC

It is a webcomic called Animals Have Problems Too. It's very good, though in the past few months the updates haven't been as regular. But it's still very funny. A trip through the archives is totally worth it.

Anyway, I guess it's a small internets, rachel.

To keep on the threadless topic, here's me wearing this shirt (sorry for weird angle and long hair).

(oh well, little late, but oh well)

Severus Severance

Postby Severus Severance » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:59 pm UTC

Look, now I have shoulders. Well, not really -- and this picture isn't exactly recent, as it was taken last year. Close enough.

As soon as I can find a camera, I'll take a picture of myself where I look normal... and I don't have floating text next to me.

SmoothHeavy

Postby SmoothHeavy » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:58 pm UTC

CreemyNougat wrote:
Azrael wrote:I must say that this new fad of girls leering at boys instead of vice-versa is quite refreshing.

Yes. I no longer feel bad about some of the leering I do. =P

I'd never call it leering; ogling sounds much more innocent and fun.

22/7
I'm pretty sure I have "The Slavery In My Asshole" on DVD.

Postby 22/7 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:19 am UTC

bookishbunny wrote:^^^ wuz that to me???

Yes'm.

lowbrass wrote:Speaking of avatars, yours is pretty much awesome. from one aero engineer to another, I've got two words for you: vortex generator.

Gracias. And vortex generators are awesome. We stole one from a prof for an intermediate fluid dynamics class and shot smoke rings at each other, which was lots of fun. Also, being able to shoot one through the other was quite difficult, but also quite fun. I don't smoke, but if I did, I'd definitely spend *ALL* my smoking time learning to do that.

Oh, and I'm not an aero, just a lowly ME. But sometimes I think I should have been.
Totally not a hypothetical...

Steroid wrote:
bigglesworth wrote:If your economic reality is a choice, then why are you not as rich as Bill Gates?
Don't want to be.
I want to be!

convoybutterfly

Postby convoybutterfly » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:29 am UTC

SmoothHeavy wrote:
CreemyNougat wrote:
Azrael wrote:I must say that this new fad of girls leering at boys instead of vice-versa is quite refreshing.

Yes. I no longer feel bad about some of the leering I do. =P

I'd never call it leering; ogling sounds much more innocent and fun.

When you call it "ogling," I feel like this is something I'd enjoy having happen to me.
Ogle away!
Now with more sodium! Sweet Jesus!

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:29 am UTC

Done and done.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

dubsola

Postby dubsola » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:01 pm UTC

gmalivuk wrote:I haven't yet, but probably will when my current bottle of conditioner runs out. (Not going to use it with short hair, and there's no sense wasting the rest by getting it cut beforehand, being my reasoning. Possibly invalid, given that I'm probably using more shampoo by keeping it long than the amount of conditioner I'd waste getting it cut now.)

Awesome. You work out the most efficient use of hair product? That shows a level of commitment to the optimum course of action that one rarely sees these days.

So without further ado, I give you a picture of me drinking from a coconut, taken on July 30. Notice the crossed-strap badge of a true tourist.

I am trying to work out where that is, but not getting too far. So far I can see writing that I guess is Spanish, and you look somewhere warm and tropical. Central or South America? Right, Google time... nope, nothing too helpful, except now that I know what Cocos Frios are.

Any hints?

bookishbunny

Postby bookishbunny » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:59 pm UTC

22/7 wrote:
bookishbunny wrote:^^^ wuz that to me???

Yes'm.

Aw. Thanks! I'm going to make it into a shirt one of these days.
~Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs.

fgarcete

Postby fgarcete » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:07 pm UTC

dubsola wrote:
So without further ado, I give you a picture of me drinking from a coconut, taken on July 30. Notice the crossed-strap badge of a true tourist.

I am trying to work out where that is, but not getting too far. So far I can see writing that I guess is Spanish, and you look somewhere warm and tropical. Central or South America? Right, Google time... nope, nothing too helpful, except now that I know what Cocos Frios are.

Any hints?

To the best of my knowledge,that picture appears to be taken in Brazil,because that looks like portuguese,but i can be wrong.Am i right gmalivuk?

MFHodge

Postby MFHodge » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:18 pm UTC

fgarcete wrote:
dubsola wrote:

Any hints?

To the best of my knowledge,that picture appears to be taken in Brazil,because that looks like portuguese,but i can be wrong.Am i right gmalivuk?

It's Mexico.

EDIT: He lives in Mexico, but I suppose he could have been travelling at the time.

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:21 pm UTC

VTHodge wrote:
fgarcete wrote:
dubsola wrote:

Any hints?

It's Mexico.

EDIT: He lives in Mexico, but I suppose he could have been travelling at the time.

I was traveling at the time (what's with the double L? you British all of a sudden?). However, I was traveling in Mexico.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

Princess Marzipan

Postby Princess Marzipan » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:27 pm UTC

gmalivuk wrote:I was traveling at the time (what's with the double L? you British all of a sudden?). However, I was traveling in Mexico.

It's clearly intended to be pronounced "travaying."
"It's Saturday night. I've got no date, a two-liter of Shasta, and my all-Rush mixtape. Let's rock!"
"I am just about to be brilliant!"
General_Norris, on feminism, wrote:If you lose your six Pokémon, you lost.

dubsola

Postby dubsola » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:30 pm UTC

gmalivuk wrote:I was traveling at the time (what's with the double L? you British all of a sudden?). However, I was traveling in Mexico.

Excellent, thankyou. I would like to go to Mexico sometime.

Apologies for the threadjack. Here's my face, and the rest of my body, and two Berbers, and some camels, and sand. Looking at this - I can still smell the camels.

MFHodge

Postby MFHodge » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:06 pm UTC

gmalivuk wrote:
VTHodge wrote:It's Mexico.

I was traveling at the time. However, I was traveling in Mexico.

Boo-ya! You can't get much more right-ness in one answer.

gmalivuk wrote:(what's with the double L? you British all of a sudden?).

If claiming to be British means that I didn't make a minor spelling error, then . . . sure. I'm British. Go make me some tea.

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:48 pm UTC

VTHodge wrote:
gmalivuk wrote:(what's with the double L? you British all of a sudden?).

If claiming to be British means that I didn't make a minor spelling error, then . . . sure. I'm British. Go make me some tea.

Basically, in this case, yeah. Since British English (and more recent derivations thereof, such as Aussie and Kiwi English, I think) spell traveling with two l's. American English, on the other hand, tends to follow the rule that if the last syllable isn't stressed, you don't have to double the last letter when adding a suffix. (For instance, pen -> penning, but open -> opening, since the stress is on the o.)
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

22/7

Postby 22/7 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:04 pm UTC

gmalivuk wrote:Basically, in this case, yeah. Since British English (and more recent derivations thereof, such as Aussie and Kiwi English, I think) spell traveling with two l's. American English, on the other hand, tends to follow the rule that if the last syllable isn't stressed, you don't have to double the last letter when adding a suffix. (For instance, pen -> penning, but open -> opening, since the stress is on the o.)

This is why I hate English. Much respect, but much hate.

Steroid wrote:
bigglesworth wrote:If your economic reality is a choice, then why are you not as rich as Bill Gates?
Don't want to be.
I want to be!

Shizo

Postby Shizo » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:49 pm UTC

Camels are cool to look at.

I got my hair cut, by the way.

aisling
Has (underage) boobs

Postby aisling » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:25 pm UTC

Shizo wrote:I got my hair cut, by the way.

And whoever did it did a wonderful job :)

Heck yes they did. Also: are the xkcd ladies allowed to hit on the cute/hot/sexy boys that post in the Post Your Face thread? Because damn, I've been doing it a lot.

Stief

Postby Stief » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:48 am UTC

Shizo wrote:I got my hair cut, by the way

I, however, did not :D

(I get bored, and my teacher laughed when I did this at my end of year valedictory dinner, so I took this to put it into a card....)
bbctol wrote:There is a term for what you have created. I believe it is "Dude- that shit is EPIC."

Teknobo wrote:Seriously, try flying down the street in Need for Speed while listening to the bicycle theme from Pokémon. It's beyond fantastic.

wing
the /b/slayer

Postby wing » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:41 am UTC

Okay. Here's my face. I'm in the front car, on the right. I was not informed that there was any sort of camera on this ride... But obviously everyone else knew.

Sitting next to me, with the tittie popping out, is the girl on which I have the most absurd crush evar. Sitting behind us is a strange man... Chargin' his laser.

I AM A SEXY, SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!
Akula wrote:Our team has turned into this hate-fueled juggernaut of profit. It's goddamn wonderful.

Shizo

Postby Shizo » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:59 am UTC

The look on your face and the other guy's made me laugh audibly, an occurrence so rare I was beginning to doubt its existence. I'm really curious as to what the girl in the 3rd car's button says.

une see
Is my girl

Postby une see » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:04 am UTC

Speaking of which, I'm really tired. Nighty night.
T.S. Eliot in "The Waste Land" wrote:APRIL is the cruellest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain.

wing
the /b/slayer

Postby wing » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:11 am UTC

Shizo wrote:The look on your face and the other guy's made me laugh audibly, an occurrence so rare I was beginning to doubt its existence. I'm really curious as to what the girl in the 3rd car's button says.
That's easy. It's her birthday. Disneyland LOVES birthdays.
I AM A SEXY, SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!
Akula wrote:Our team has turned into this hate-fueled juggernaut of profit. It's goddamn wonderful.

fragsta

Postby fragsta » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:53 pm UTC

Looking in my open directory (check it out, there's some crazy shit in there), I can find a few nice photos of me:

That's almost 2 years old now, me in Wales.

Me at Uni after a big night out. Holding a leg. Yup.

Me when I was wearing my new hat and scarf (maybe 9 or so months ago?)

Me talking about one of my favourite bands, Mew.

So that's pretty much me, feel free to have a root around in that open directory, but be warned there may be some NSFW shit in there I have no idea.

mjec

Postby mjec » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:16 pm UTC

fragsta wrote:Me at Uni after a big night out. Holding a leg. Yup.

Marx Bros reference or mere coincidence?
For context: early-20s male born and living in Australia of UK [Norman]/USA [Western European Jewish] heritage. My blog.

My avatar isn't me, it's "Law Girl". I even did an xkcd ripoff about it one time. She's kind of like my version of nerd girl.

fragsta

Postby fragsta » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:57 pm UTC

mjec wrote:
fragsta wrote:Me at Uni after a big night out. Holding a leg. Yup.

Marx Bros reference or mere coincidence?

Mere coincidence, I'm not actually familiar with The Marx Brothers.

22/7

Postby 22/7 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:01 pm UTC

fragsta wrote:Me when I was wearing my new hat and scarf (maybe 9 or so months ago?)

I have a hat that's built like that and I LOVE IT! Much ... uh ... props? Is that what the children are calling it these days?

Steroid wrote:
Don't want to be.
I want to be!

fragsta

Postby fragsta » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:02 pm UTC

22/7 wrote:
fragsta wrote:Me when I was wearing my new hat and scarf (maybe 9 or so months ago?)

I have a hat that's built like that and I LOVE IT! Much ... uh ... props? Is that what the children are calling it these days?

Probably. I say "kudos" or "love" or "ftw".

EDIT: Oh, thanks! :D I love it too.

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:13 pm UTC

The term is "Proper respect".

fragsta

Postby fragsta » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:17 pm UTC

I believe, good sir, that if you are going to be speaking in that manner, you wish to be spelling your "proper respect" the colloquial way, "propa respect". Then maybe if we go phonetic, "pro'a rispek".

Innit!

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:22 pm UTC

Ren would disagree with you, and her glare is more furious than that of all the fires in Hell.

fragsta

Postby fragsta » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:26 pm UTC

Who is Ren? Is she fluent in Chav?

Because I'm really not, I'd love a lesson. :P

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:34 pm UTC

Ren is on the fora, and she discovered a while back that 'Props' was short for 'Proper respect' and has been using it that way ever since.

As for fluent in Chav, she's Canadian, probably doesn't know what one is (Not like us Englishers who know all about Chavs and Neds).

fragsta

Postby fragsta » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:44 pm UTC

Ahhh I see. Oh, I like canadian people. By which I mean, I like the two canadian people I've met in my life so far.

I didn't know props meant that either, that's an interesting fact. I'm still not going to use the word though, it sounds funny with my voice. Although, so did "Aye" and "Jolly" but over time they have become more normal-sounding to me.

Also don't forget townies :wink:

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:52 pm UTC

Gorram townies.

Like they would ever let me forget them.

fragsta

Postby fragsta » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:55 pm UTC

That's the kind of slang I like to hear :wink:

People always give me a o_O look when I say "gorram" or "shiny" as an adjective to describe anything which isn't literally glowing.

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:59 pm UTC

explain gorram. i like the way this word sounds, and would like to use it in context. ty.

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:12 pm UTC

Firefly, essentially goddamn, but without the god.

22/7

Postby 22/7 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:24 pm UTC

Haha. Hell of a tangent. Agreed on the gorram thing. I'll have to start putting it to use, too.

Steroid wrote:
Don't want to be.
I want to be!

Ren
Rockin' Robin

Postby Ren » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:29 pm UTC

Jesster wrote:Ren would disagree with you, and her glare is more furious than that of all the fires in Hell.

Natch!

Ren is on the fora, and she discovered a while back that 'Props' was short for 'Proper respect' and has been using it that way ever since.

Because I'm just that awesome! Proper respect, Jesse.

New things I've been trying to work into my language: I use the word "awesome" too much, so I've been trying to add to my "that's great" responses. "Capital" is my latest favourite, or "spectacular."
MotleyJesster (12:34:04 PM): Better than moping around being all "I do not need love, I have indie music and a wind instrument!"

Return to “General”