Post your boat race.

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
OBrien
Posts: 1478
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:05 pm UTC
Location: 1 Bimini Road, downtown Atlantis

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby OBrien » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:50 pm UTC

Home made hat? Home made hat!

P1203251649370.jpg
The hat-pin was made from the top of a Russian Standard bottle.
Spelling and grammar can go screw themselves.

User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
Posts: 3798
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Giant Speck » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:37 am UTC

One week left of Mustache March. I dyed my mustache today so that it would match the rest of my hair. It always grows in multi-colored (brown mixed with blond) for some reason.

Image
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks

User avatar
OBrien
Posts: 1478
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:05 pm UTC
Location: 1 Bimini Road, downtown Atlantis

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby OBrien » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:48 pm UTC

I would follow that stern gaze into the depths of hell itself.
The moustache is also pretty awesome.
Spelling and grammar can go screw themselves.

User avatar
pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man
Posts: 5056
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 pm UTC
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby pseudoidiot » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:55 am UTC

It took a while, but I finally grew a beard I can be proud of.

Spoiler:
fullbeard.jpg
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

Mumpy
Posts: 730
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:20 pm UTC
Location: Oxford, England

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Mumpy » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:52 pm UTC

OHMIGODYOUHAVE ONE OF THOSE.....



sorry, it's just, well. That's Goddamn Awesome.

User avatar
pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man
Posts: 5056
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 pm UTC
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby pseudoidiot » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:15 pm UTC

A friend got it for me.

I wore it during our Burning Wheel session last night, because we're all playing as dwarves.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

User avatar
Amie
Posts: 910
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:34 am UTC
Location: in Somnia.

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Amie » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:22 pm UTC

Hey Hagrid. I saved Buckbeak when you were gone. I could have saved my parents but I still chose Buckbeak. For you.
Summer is miles and miles away, and no one would ask me to stay.
And I, should contemplate this change... to ease the pain.
And I, should step out of the rain... turn away.

User avatar
Gordon
Dr. Banana
Dr. Banana
Posts: 3521
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:51 am UTC
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Gordon » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:00 am UTC

Image

Here's a blurry picture because davean clearly misses me...
Meaux_Pas wrote:
RealGrouchy wrote:I still remember the time when Gordon left. I still wake up in the middle of the night crying and screaming his name.
I do that too, but for an entirely different reason.
RealGrouchy wrote:
Gordon wrote:How long have I been asleep?!
Our daughter is in high school now.

User avatar
Jacque
a member of shro's band
Posts: 870
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:28 pm UTC
Location: Oakland, CA
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Jacque » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:06 am UTC

Appearing like a specter out of the dark, and disappearing as he came.

User avatar
Gordon
Dr. Banana
Dr. Banana
Posts: 3521
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:51 am UTC
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Gordon » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:07 am UTC

Meh, I'm bored, I'll stick around for a while (at least until mid-night)

How's things Jacque.. when are you coming to visit me?
Meaux_Pas wrote:
RealGrouchy wrote:I still remember the time when Gordon left. I still wake up in the middle of the night crying and screaming his name.
I do that too, but for an entirely different reason.
RealGrouchy wrote:
Gordon wrote:How long have I been asleep?!
Our daughter is in high school now.

User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
Posts: 3798
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Giant Speck » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:40 am UTC

Image

I'm on the right. That was about eight miles into the ride on Saturday. Oh, how happy I looked then.

Also, that poor sucker on the left convinced himself at the last minute to bump up from the 45 mile ride to the 65 mile ride and then did it on a mountain bike. He wasn't having an incredibly good time. I didn't have the heart to tell him that he started the ride an hour early (he accidentally started with the 100-mile riders at 0630 instead of with the 65-mile riders at 0730).
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks

User avatar
Garm
Posts: 2241
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:29 pm UTC
Location: Usually at work. Otherwise, Longmont, CO.

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Garm » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:35 am UTC

Impressive that you went 80ish miles (since you got pulled off the course early, right?) on a commuter bike. I'd want all the tire skinnyness I could muster. And a comfy seat (or some sweet chamois).
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
- JFK

User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
Posts: 3798
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Giant Speck » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:25 am UTC

Yeah, it's a Trek 7.2 FX. It's great for commuting and 40-50 mile weekend rides, but I discovered after 50 miles or so that I really wish I had a decent road bicycle instead. I guess I should start saving up for one.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks

User avatar
eSOANEM
:D
Posts: 3604
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:39 pm UTC
Location: Grantabrycge

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby eSOANEM » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:45 pm UTC

Thought I should post.

Sadly I've had to shave because my school doesn't take kindly to facial hair. :(
Attachments
528748_3489564009986_1598061579_32824749_1870264272_n.jpg
my pronouns are they

Magnanimous wrote:(fuck the macrons)

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby SlyReaper » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:23 pm UTC

Why does your school think it's any of their business?

Is the headmaster jealous he can't grow as good a beard as that?
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
eSOANEM
:D
Posts: 3604
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:39 pm UTC
Location: Grantabrycge

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby eSOANEM » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:06 pm UTC

I don't know. Whilst not quite a uniform, the sixth form still has a strict dress code and uniform ties so it's in keeping with that. Still, I care more about the fact that I just about get away with my hair (which you can't quite see in this photo); that takes a lot longer to grow back. :lol:
my pronouns are they

Magnanimous wrote:(fuck the macrons)

Annihilist
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:29 pm UTC

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Annihilist » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:14 am UTC

eSOANEM wrote:I don't know. Whilst not quite a uniform, the sixth form still has a strict dress code and uniform ties so it's in keeping with that. Still, I care more about the fact that I just about get away with my hair (which you can't quite see in this photo); that takes a lot longer to grow back. :lol:
I've had the same problems with school before. It's none of their business in my opinion.

User avatar
eSOANEM
:D
Posts: 3604
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:39 pm UTC
Location: Grantabrycge

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby eSOANEM » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:47 pm UTC

Yeah, philosophically I can see that, but it's a vaguely self-consistent thing to do with "the school's image", I've got more important things to worry about and, most importantly, I've only got three more weeks before we break up for exams after which I very much doubt they'd bother asking me to shave/get my hair cut (perhaps I should post this in the awesome thread instead). :lol:
my pronouns are they

Magnanimous wrote:(fuck the macrons)

User avatar
LinuxPenguin
Posts: 486
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:37 am UTC
Location: Earth. (it's the pretty blue one)
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby LinuxPenguin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:18 am UTC

And here we see a LinuxPenguin hard at work.
Image
(me, about an hour into an hour and a half long support call).
 Mac User (Running OS X, Linux, and Chrome OS)

User avatar
ArgonV
Posts: 1792
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:08 pm UTC
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby ArgonV » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:48 pm UTC

eSOANEM wrote:Yeah, philosophically I can see that, but it's a vaguely self-consistent thing to do with "the school's image", I've got more important things to worry about and, most importantly, I've only got three more weeks before we break up for exams after which I very much doubt they'd bother asking me to shave/get my hair cut (perhaps I should post this in the awesome thread instead). :lol:

I hate those sorts of things. My colleagues sometimes make jokes about my hair and tell me to get a hair cut, then my boss likes to remind them he looked like me when he was younger, but had to cut it when he started balding. And that they're just jealous of my beard :P

LinuxPenguin wrote:And here we see a LinuxPenguin hard at work.
<picture>
(me, about an hour into an hour and a half long support call).

You've probably heard it before, but you look like Simon Pegg. And an hour and a half? Jeez, must be some problem...

User avatar
Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Posts: 5659
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:42 pm UTC
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Angua » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:49 pm UTC

I had the same thought about Simon Pegg.
'Look, sir, I know Angua. She's not the useless type. She doesn't stand there and scream helplessly. She makes other people do that.'
GNU Terry Pratchett

User avatar
Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...
Posts: 8337
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:57 pm UTC
Location: Soviet Canuckistan

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Jessica » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:53 pm UTC

It's me.

Image
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Роберт
Posts: 4285
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 1:56 am UTC

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Роберт » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:56 pm UTC

Jessica wrote:It's me.

Spoiler:
Image

The woman on the right side of the picture, yes?
The Great Hippo wrote:[T]he way we treat suspected terrorists genuinely terrifies me.

User avatar
pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man
Posts: 5056
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 pm UTC
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby pseudoidiot » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:57 pm UTC

No sloth?
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

User avatar
LinuxPenguin
Posts: 486
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:37 am UTC
Location: Earth. (it's the pretty blue one)
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby LinuxPenguin » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:55 am UTC

ArgonV wrote:You've probably heard it before, but you look like Simon Pegg. And an hour and a half? Jeez, must be some problem...


I have. :p And it was. And the customer was a perpetual clicker, too.
 Mac User (Running OS X, Linux, and Chrome OS)

User avatar
Magnanimous
Madmanananimous
Posts: 3479
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm UTC
Location: Land of Hipsters and Rain (LOHAR)

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Magnanimous » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:01 am UTC

You look like what Simon Pegg would look like if he had to deal with customers in tech support.

User avatar
sophyturtle
I'll go put my shirt back on for this kind of shock. No I won't. I'll get my purse.
Posts: 3474
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:19 pm UTC
Location: it's turtles all the way down, even in the suburbs
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby sophyturtle » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:08 am UTC

That is a beautiful picture.
I want to get to a place where I am neither conforming nor rebelling but simply being.

User avatar
Izawwlgood
WINNING
Posts: 18638
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:55 pm UTC
Location: There may be lovelier lovelies...

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Izawwlgood » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:44 pm UTC

xpost from the tie thread, dunno if I already posted this;
Spoiler:
studly.png
studly.png (49.76 KiB) Viewed 6668 times
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

User avatar
Ulc
Posts: 1301
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:05 pm UTC
Location: Copenhagen university

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Ulc » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:57 am UTC

I should probably be wearing a bowler rather than a fedora

hat.jpg
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle

A White Russian, shades and a bathrobe, what more can you want from life?

User avatar
I Am Raven
Posts: 2416
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:09 am UTC
Location: Amsterdam.
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby I Am Raven » Wed May 09, 2012 7:43 am UTC

Ulc wrote:I should probably be wearing a bowler rather than a fedora

hat.jpg


You are excused, you look great!
Ptolom wrote:penis

User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
Posts: 3798
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Giant Speck » Wed May 09, 2012 7:46 am UTC

I wish I didn't look so weird in a hat. Also, I wish I had nicer clothes. I'm normally just a T-shirt and jeans kind of man.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby DaBigCheez » Mon May 14, 2012 11:55 pm UTC

So, I decided to take a haircut today. I offer the provided pictures to show why if everyone followed my haircut methodology, hairdressers would probably be out of a job.

Namely, I let it grow until it starts getting in my eyes and irritating me (takes about six months), then take my REVENGE and shave it all off, then repeat the cycle. :)

Spoiler:
Before: Image After: Image
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
sophyturtle
I'll go put my shirt back on for this kind of shock. No I won't. I'll get my purse.
Posts: 3474
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:19 pm UTC
Location: it's turtles all the way down, even in the suburbs
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby sophyturtle » Tue May 15, 2012 7:28 pm UTC

I have this idea too! Except the cutting of mine will wait until it is long enough to donate. And I was only going to cut it to 1 inch, but considering how fast it grows why not have a shaved head for a week?
I want to get to a place where I am neither conforming nor rebelling but simply being.

User avatar
Plasmic-Turtle
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:17 pm UTC

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Plasmic-Turtle » Thu May 17, 2012 8:28 am UTC

DaBigCheez, this probably sounds slightly creepy, but
Spoiler:
You look super-hot post-haircut :oops:
Not sure why exactly it seems so different, perhaps you have a very shapely head... or perhaps it's just the loss of the black hair-cutting cape?!
Also, I fully wanna shave my head one day, but I'm not brave enough... I hate that awkward length when it's longer but still too short to tie back and I don't know what to do with it, and I have an irrational fear that it might grow back grey. Or a brownish colour that I don't like so much.

Роберт
Posts: 4285
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 1:56 am UTC

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Роберт » Thu May 17, 2012 4:44 pm UTC

Plasmic-Turtle wrote:DaBigCheez, this probably sounds slightly creepy, but
Spoiler:
You look super-hot post-haircut :oops:
Not sure why exactly it seems so different, perhaps you have a very shapely head... or perhaps it's just the loss of the black hair-cutting cape?!

Perhaps it's because he looks old enough in the second picture that it's a lot less creepy to think that. No offense DaBigCheez but you look pretty young in the first picture.
The Great Hippo wrote:[T]he way we treat suspected terrorists genuinely terrifies me.

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby DaBigCheez » Thu May 17, 2012 11:44 pm UTC

Роберт wrote:
Plasmic-Turtle wrote:DaBigCheez, this probably sounds slightly creepy, but
Spoiler:
You look super-hot post-haircut :oops:
Not sure why exactly it seems so different, perhaps you have a very shapely head... or perhaps it's just the loss of the black hair-cutting cape?!

Perhaps it's because he looks old enough in the second picture that it's a lot less creepy to think that. No offense DaBigCheez but you look pretty young in the first picture.

None taken, and thanks P-T :)
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
OBrien
Posts: 1478
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:05 pm UTC
Location: 1 Bimini Road, downtown Atlantis

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby OBrien » Sun May 20, 2012 5:14 pm UTC

DaBigCheez wrote:I let it grow until it starts getting in my eyes and irritating me (takes about six months), then take my REVENGE and shave it all off, then repeat the cycle. :)


I shaved my hair six months ago and regretted it so much. I hated having short hair and I'll be growing my hair for as long as possibly now, but I do quite enjoy what I've got at the moment:

Spoiler:
A week or so after shaving it all off (about six and a half months ago):
hair before.png
hair before.png (157.12 KiB) Viewed 5774 times


About a month ago:
hair after.png


(Facial hair has come and gone several times between the first picture and today)
Spelling and grammar can go screw themselves.

User avatar
Aaeriele
Posts: 2124
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:30 am UTC
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby Aaeriele » Sun May 20, 2012 7:36 pm UTC

Okay, so it's more than just a face, but here's about 30 pictures from my recent climbing trip:

https://plus.google.com/116797686750161 ... Q9Ww96XCSa
Vaniver wrote:Harvard is a hedge fund that runs the most prestigious dating agency in the world, and incidentally employs famous scientists to do research.

afuzzyduck wrote:ITS MEANT TO BE FLUTTERSHY BUT I JUST SEE AAERIELE! CURSE YOU FORA!

User avatar
LinuxPenguin
Posts: 486
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:37 am UTC
Location: Earth. (it's the pretty blue one)
Contact:

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby LinuxPenguin » Sun May 20, 2012 10:30 pm UTC

My hair was getting far too long, and i was tired of tucking it behind my ears, so... Haircut!
Image
 Mac User (Running OS X, Linux, and Chrome OS)

User avatar
ArchaicHipster
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:47 am UTC
Location: Scotland

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby ArchaicHipster » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:42 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Image


This was last Christmas, but it's one of my favourite pictures of me. Sadly, I have no idea where the headband is now. :(
“It is in the deserts and high places that religions are generated. When men see nothing but bottomless infinity over their heads they have always had a driving and desperate urge to find someone to put in the way.”
-Terry Pratchett


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests