How do we know you have a face unless you post it?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

RRRR

Re: Back to post yo' face

Postby RRRR » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:48 pm UTC

@ Bake, ya, it was a shame. My friends in that pic are quite shy and didn't get dressed up for parties, but atleast they didn't just dress-up like they are going out to a club like most of the girls did...
If not now, when? If not me, who?

CaraInFrames wrote:RRRR is purrrty.
:D

aetherson

Postby aetherson » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:27 am UTC

bbctol wrote:Am I the only one who is seeing some of these as just "Image"? What can I do to fix this?

No.
I'm not seeing most pictures either. I do see RRRR's though.
And when I do a "quote" the url and tag is there...
01001101 01100001 01100100 01100101 00100000 01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01001100 01101111 01101111 01101011 00100001

Gem

Postby Gem » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:23 am UTC

@ Cara and Bake: Thanks so much :D I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. And I've decided too bad about my calves because there's no way I'm giving up dancing.

Akira
The Enemy's Gate Is Down. Sugoi desu ne!

Postby Akira » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:37 am UTC

I knew a girl at my high school who rocked a mohawk for a few weeks. I thought it was awesome. I'd do it if I didn't have to cut my hair XD
Warning: Arguments about semantics really, really annoy this member, and are liable to make her snippy, offensive, and REALLY politically incorrect.

Dravik

Postby Dravik » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:16 am UTC

@Gem: Is it just me or does the girl in white appears to be(for the lack of a better word) unhappy?

Gem

Postby Gem » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:27 am UTC

It's probably because there was like 10 people trying to photograph us and we'd been standing there for about 5 minutes constantly smiling. So her smile muscles were most probably starting to seize up.

Shizo

Postby Shizo » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:10 am UTC

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:[first picture]

androgyny is hot.

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:36 am UTC

Shizo wrote:
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:[first picture]

androgyny is hot.

Thank you.
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

jmrz
I am going to attempt to use this. I just have to wait for the opportune moment.

Postby jmrz » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:24 am UTC

Formal photos! These are from 14th November, 2005 (meaning I am 16.5 and at the end of Year 10) - my Year 12 formal is this year, and is on the same date. I will post some pictures from that when I have them.

Image Image
Alisto wrote:jmrz is awesome in ways that mere mortals cannot hope to comprehend.

Brandon Oto
treefucker

Postby Brandon Oto » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:10 pm UTC

Last edited by Brandon Oto on Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:28 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

tiny

Postby tiny » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:35 pm UTC

parkaboy wrote:no they arent. unless you meant socially. and then, you just have to stop caring and do what you want.

I felt more comfortable with my mohawk, though (have long hair now cause I got bored of it). You know, I don't actually have something you'd call a 'sense for clothing' or 'personal style'. But the mohawk says: F*ck off, I'm a punk, it's meant to look odd!
Now ignore my fat cheeks.

EDIT: My nice (once blue, now strangely greenish, have to refresh it) tattoo. The Eye of Horus. I designed it myself :)
Last edited by tiny on Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:49 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
"I write what I see, the endless procession to the guillotine." ~ de Sade

Angelene
relax, I'll handle the zippers

Postby Angelene » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:44 pm UTC

Oooh, jmrz, I lovelovelove your hair, it's all soft and pretty and flowing and gentle. Ah, you're all making me reminisce, now. I've not played dress up since I left school, so...2001. sigh.

Ah, and I've just realised I've been sigged, yay me!
"Some people need a red carpet rolled out in front of them in order to walk forward into friendship. They can't see the tiny outstretched hands all around them, everywhere, like leaves on trees."

Akira
The Enemy's Gate Is Down. Sugoi desu ne!

Postby Akira » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:20 pm UTC

Bakemaster wrote:

It looks even better with a purple tie. My tie, but not me in the picture. I am making this into an album cover at some unknown future point. Most gangsta ice cream social evar.

Missed this earlier.

Dude, that's awesome.
Warning: Arguments about semantics really, really annoy this member, and are liable to make her snippy, offensive, and REALLY politically incorrect.

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:11 pm UTC

jmrz wrote:Formal photos!

It's weird and "unnatural" to see you with that hair color, since I'm so used to the dyed version that's in all your other pictures. :-)
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

Akula

Postby Akula » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:25 pm UTC

tiny wrote:
parkaboy wrote:no they arent. unless you meant socially. and then, you just have to stop caring and do what you want.

I felt more comfortable with my mohawk, though (have long hair now cause I got bored of it). You know, I don't actually have something you'd call a 'sense for clothing' or 'personal style'. But the mohawk says: F*ck off, I'm a punk, it's meant to look odd!
Now ignore my fat cheeks.

EDIT: My nice (once blue, now strangely greenish, have to refresh it) tattoo. The Eye of Horus. I designed it myself :)

One gets weird looks mentioning that you like the short hair thing on girls. Of course, it's also rare that a girl actually does such a thing. At any rate, well done.
"I never let my schooling interfere with my education" - Mark Twain

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:35 pm UTC

Akula wrote:
tiny wrote:Cool pictures

One gets weird looks mentioning that you like the short hair thing on girls. Of course, it's also rare that a girl actually does such a thing. At any rate, well done.

Yeah, I was just talking about the same thing in one of the facial hair threads. I personally tend to really like the short-hair look, though like anything it depends somewhat on other factors. This opinion, if nothing else, gives me some ammo in the facial hair debate. (You want to see my face? Fine. I'll go clean-shaven if you shave your head, since I'd like to see what your scalp looks like.)

Unfortunately, like some other appearance things I like in women, a shaved head tends to be one of those that is more commonly done by lesbians than by women who might be interested in me in return...
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

jmrz
I am going to attempt to use this. I just have to wait for the opportune moment.

Postby jmrz » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:12 pm UTC

Thanks for the compliments guys :)

gmalivuk wrote:
jmrz wrote:Formal photos!

It's weird and "unnatural" to see you with that hair color, since I'm so used to the dyed version that's in all your other pictures. :-)

Actually, I am the same. I hate looking at photos of myself where I have blonde hair. I just don't like it anymore and think that I suit the colour I am now better. I don't think I will be going back to blonde.

Cara, to get my hair like that the had to curl it with velcro rollers, back-comb the top section to get it to be like that and once they had finished with the styling, they absolutely covered me with hairspray. It may look soft, but it didn't feel that way once they were done. Here is another picture:

Last edited by jmrz on Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:19 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Alisto wrote:jmrz is awesome in ways that mere mortals cannot hope to comprehend.

PS_Mouse

Postby PS_Mouse » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:12 pm UTC

jmrz wrote:Formal photos! These are from 14th November, 2005 (meaning I am 16.5 and at the end of Year 10) - my Year 12 formal is this year, and is on the same date. I will post some pictures from that when I have them.

Wow, I did not recognise you in those pics at all.

A recent pic of me:
I think I used to have a porpoise; then again, that might have been a dream. | Eternal life comes to those who wait
Never forget how the brave Tenzing Norgay outsmarted the evil Edmund Hillary

Peshmerga
Mad Hatter

Postby Peshmerga » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:33 pm UTC

i hurd u liek mudkips???

davef
NomNomNommin' the Rockenclature!

Postby davef » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:46 am UTC

PS_Mouse wrote:A recent pic of me:

Sweet Jebus you look just like me, before I cut my hair. I really did think that was a photo of me at first glance. Talk about a double-take...
Ciúnas, bóthar, cailín, bainne.

Akula

Postby Akula » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:49 am UTC

Speaking of jmrz... is it just me or are a large number of these good looking ladies from Australia. Really just reinforcing my desire to travel there someday. Stupid vermont, all there is here is stupid trees...

At any rate, new phone, thought I'd try breaking it in. I really need a new picture anyway.

Angelene

Postby Angelene » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:12 am UTC

Peshmerga wrote:Image

Heavens.

*squints* Are those tattoos real?
"Some people need a red carpet rolled out in front of them in order to walk forward into friendship. They can't see the tiny outstretched hands all around them, everywhere, like leaves on trees."

Peshmerga
Mad Hatter

Postby Peshmerga » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:28 am UTC

Unfortunately no, I was just seeing what they would look like if they were.

Anyone have tattoo experience?
i hurd u liek mudkips???

Angelene

Postby Angelene » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:41 am UTC

Peshmerga wrote:Unfortunately no, I was just seeing what they would look like if they were.

Very pretty, says I.

Peshmerga
Mad Hatter

Postby Peshmerga » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:49 am UTC

CaraInFrames wrote:
Peshmerga wrote:Unfortunately no, I was just seeing what they would look like if they were.

Very pretty, says I.

You're pretty pretty too, says I 8)
i hurd u liek mudkips???

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:54 am UTC

*raises hand and points to d33p with other arm* tattoos, yes. whatchoo need to know? unless you meant you're looking for an artist.

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

aetherson

Postby aetherson » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:14 am UTC

what kind of ink experience are meaning?
01001101 01100001 01100100 01100101 00100000 01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01001100 01101111 01101111 01101011 00100001

Gem

Postby Gem » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:58 am UTC

Akula wrote:Speaking of jmrz... is it just me or are a large number of these good looking ladies from Australia.

That's because Australia is the best country ever invented. :D

And here is a photo of my cartwheeling skills.

Akula

Postby Akula » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:18 am UTC

Gem wrote:
Akula wrote:Speaking of jmrz... is it just me or are a large number of these good looking ladies from Australia.

That's because Australia is the best country ever invented. :D

And here is a photo of my cartwheeling skills.

I might dispute best ever. But I probably wouldn't argue with best looking.

Also, I have never been able to perform a cartwheel. Not ever. Not even when I was young and spry (I say that at the ripe old age of 22... :( )

PS_Mouse

Postby PS_Mouse » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:09 am UTC

davef wrote:

Sweet Jebus you look just like me, before I cut my hair. I really did think that was a photo of me at first glance. Talk about a double-take...

(This is the part where you're supposed to post a pic of you from before you cut your hair)

No, no, Australia does indeed have a rather large amount of good looking ladies. I mean, it is called the lucky country for a reason.
I think I used to have a porpoise; then again, that might have been a dream. | Eternal life comes to those who wait

RRRR

Postby RRRR » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:14 am UTC

Indeed it does, but unlucky for me, they all seem to smoke around here :(
If not now, when? If not me, who?

CaraInFrames wrote:RRRR is purrrty.
:D

tiny

Postby tiny » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:15 pm UTC

gmalivuk wrote:
Akula wrote:One gets weird looks mentioning that you like the short hair thing on girls. Of course, it's also rare that a girl actually does such a thing. At any rate, well done.
Yeah, I was just talking about the same thing in one of the facial hair threads. I personally tend to really like the short-hair look, though like anything it depends somewhat on other factors. This opinion, if nothing else, gives me some ammo in the facial hair debate. (You want to see my face? Fine. I'll go clean-shaven if you shave your head, since I'd like to see what your scalp looks like.)
Perhaps you both should play out the Evey-Hammond-card.
I got the mohawk because my boyfriend encouraged me to just try it (had wanted one for years but never dared); hair grows back. And after the mohawk I had a crop cut for about a year or so, because I was so impressed by the character of Evey Hammond (Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta) that I just *had* to wear this haircut. Evey rocks so hard, she's so strong and feminine at the same time.
"I write what I see, the endless procession to the guillotine." ~ de Sade

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:25 pm UTC

Everyone looks better with messy black hair, pale skin, smeared lipstick and eyeliner.
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

TheKhakinator
the next small girl on KRNT radio

Postby TheKhakinator » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:42 pm UTC

RRRR wrote:Here's 2 of me

*goes off to post in the anti-face thread*

The military parade one... are you in the military or just were going to some military themed thing?

And that science costume is teh roxors.

davef

Postby davef » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:19 pm UTC

PS_Mouse wrote:
davef wrote:
(This is the part where you're supposed to post a pic of you from before you cut your hair)

It's in the original PYF thread somewhere. I can't be arsed looking it up. You'll just have to take my word for it.

PS_Mouse

Postby PS_Mouse » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:56 pm UTC

davef wrote:
PS_Mouse wrote:
davef wrote:

It's in the original PYF thread somewhere. I can't be arsed looking it up. You'll just have to take my word for it.

Unfortunately, I could be arsed.

Hrm:

rachel
Witch (?)

Postby rachel » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:23 pm UTC

PS_Mouse wrote:Hrm:

Uhhhhh, let's all be best friends, as long as you can be as funny as this man here.
(I like to believe, in secret, that he didn't die and that davef is just him in disguise, hanging out here on these fora.)
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:I played "porn" against my sister last night.
Meaux_Pas wrote:So in otherwords, it's like the best cake ever, covered in bees.

j&r-bffl

davef

Postby davef » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:58 pm UTC

Okay, so side-by-side there's maybe not so much similarity. I still stand by my epic double-take.

And I don't think I'll ever be as funny as Mr. Hedberg. (Sorry, Rachel)

Mitch says: Don't worry, Rachel, I won't tell anyone that you know my secret identity. :wink:

Akula

Postby Akula » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:08 pm UTC

tiny wrote:
gmalivuk wrote:
Akula wrote:One gets weird looks mentioning that you like the short hair thing on girls. Of course, it's also rare that a girl actually does such a thing. At any rate, well done.
Perhaps you both should play out the Evey-Hammond-card.
I got the mohawk because my boyfriend encouraged me to just try it (had wanted one for years but never dared); hair grows back. And after the mohawk I had a crop cut for about a year or so, because I was so impressed by the character of Evey Hammond (Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta) that I just *had* to wear this haircut. Evey rocks so hard, she's so strong and feminine at the same time.

Of course that also means I have to actually meet a girl now... fuck. My town is just about the deadest place ever.

22/7
I'm pretty sure I have "The Slavery In My Asshole" on DVD.

Postby 22/7 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:34 pm UTC

CaraInFrames wrote:
Peshmerga wrote:Image

Heavens.

*squints* Are those tattoos real?

I was thinking the same thing. I was also thinking, "oh to be young and in shape again..."

I think I'm gonna go for a run.
Totally not a hypothetical...

Steroid wrote:
bigglesworth wrote:If your economic reality is a choice, then why are you not as rich as Bill Gates?
Don't want to be.
I want to be!

Return to “General”