You are the last person left on earth. What do you do?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Re: You are the last person left on earth. What do you do?

Postby Triangle_Man » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:35 pm UTC

If that happened, I'd probably go insane and intitate my 'Plan B' in that instant, out of recognition of how civilization would end with me; abandon my studies into literature and creative writing, begin reading the works of the great scientists, begin pushing the knowledge of science far beyond anything ever seen before and eventually become and immortal godlike being, most likely by plugging myself on the internet and turning my consciousness into radio waves. Then I would amass vast amounts of raw power and achieve the ability to rend time and space itself and, having completely lost my mind by this point, eventually go back in time and cause the event that made all of humanity disappear in the first place before going on to become an elderitch abomination destroyer of worlds.

...Yeah, you can tell that I have a huge and twisted imagination.
I really should be working right now, but somehow I don't have the energy.

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:My moral system allows me to bitch slap you for typing that.

Fat Zombie

Postby Fat Zombie » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:37 pm UTC

In this scenario:

1. Panic.
2. Panic some more, maybe have a breakdown. Curl into a ball, sob profusely, howl, etc.
3. Recover, maybe make myself a cup of tea if I can. Realise that I'm not going to drink fucking tea; worry that I'm dismissing tea unfairly since no-one will ever drink it again. Babble.
4. Angst about my loneliness. If this is a situation where the bodies were still around, and it's only been an hour or two, maybe try and fuck a corpse out of desperation.
5. Try in vain to remember those ideas of what to do in this situation I read on the forums. Fail to remember.
6. Wander around in a fugue, knowing that there's probably a lot I need to do (stop fires, make sure knowledge of our civilisation survives, etc). Never actually get round to it, feel guilt-stricken.
7. Feel sorry for myself.
8. Wander around some more.
9. Try to access the internet, talk to people. Go mad.
10. Ahahaa. HAHAhahhaaaahehehaaAAAA A OHHHGODDDOHHHRRHRHRHRHR
11. Kill self.
12. ???
13. PROFIT (I hope)
...And before you ask: yes, I do like to listen to myself talk!

mmmcannibalism

Postby mmmcannibalism » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:41 am UTC

Take up blacksmithing
Izawwlgood wrote:I for one would happily live on an island as a fuzzy seal-human.

Oregonaut wrote:Damn fetuses and their terroist plots.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:45 am UTC

Fat Zombie wrote:6. Wander around in a fugue, knowing that there's probably a lot I need to do (stop fires, make sure knowledge of our civilisation survives, etc). Never actually get round to it, feel guilt-stricken.
Throwing out zoos and farms, the sheer number of pets would probably lead me into a crippling depression. I mean, sure, I could potentially free every single pet in a 50 mile radius of my current location. And then... most likely the others would all have died from lack of water or food. Sure, some would be outside pets, not chained up or otherwise restrained, and at least have a chance, albeit small, at survival. But the bulk of them?

Yeah.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Fat Zombie

Postby Fat Zombie » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:50 am UTC

Man, I hadn't even thought of pets. That's even worse!

Step 11 would probably arrive quicker, then. Or step 10.
...And before you ask: yes, I do like to listen to myself talk!

kernelpanic

Postby kernelpanic » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:52 am UTC

Ideally, after getting clean water and being able to grow some fruits, I'd try to reproduce with something similar to a human, so that the offspring can pass on at least some of our genes. After somehow producing fertile offspring, I'd grab a plane and try to fly it, killing myself in the unavoidable, but still tragic crash.
I'm not disorganized. My room has a high entropy.
Bhelliom wrote:Don't forget that the cat probably knows EXACTLY what it is doing is is most likely just screwing with you. You know, for CAT SCIENCE!

femtometer

Postby femtometer » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:53 am UTC

And the best thing, the very best thing of all, is there's time now... there's all the time I need and all the time I want. Time, time, time. There's time enough at last.

Good thing I have a few back-up pairs of glasses.

Thesh
Made to Fuck Dinosaurs

Postby Thesh » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:05 am UTC

Fat Zombie wrote:Man, I hadn't even thought of pets. That's even worse!

I wonder how quickly before the suburbs and cities go up in flames. Anyone leaves a stove on and their house might eventually catch fire. Those fires will spread with no one to put them out. I imagine a lot of animals will be killed by that, but that will allow many to escape as well. Populated areas will be overrun by dogs and cats, and I am not sure they will last very long on their own. Eventually they will start to move towards less populated areas with lots of smaller animals to hunt.
The rage in their eyes, torches in their hands
And the power of the cross bringing fear to all the land
And darkness will come to us all.

SummerGlauFan

Postby SummerGlauFan » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:38 am UTC

Thesh wrote:
Fat Zombie wrote:Man, I hadn't even thought of pets. That's even worse!

I wonder how quickly before the suburbs and cities go up in flames. Anyone leaves a stove on and their house might eventually catch fire. Those fires will spread with no one to put them out. I imagine a lot of animals will be killed by that, but that will allow many to escape as well. Populated areas will be overrun by dogs and cats, and I am not sure they will last very long on their own. Eventually they will start to move towards less populated areas with lots of smaller animals to hunt.

Cats and (depending on the breed) dogs are actually very, very good at surviving on their own. Many places have large problems with feral cats and dogs.

Pigs, horses, some cattle, etc would all be fine too as long as they had a way out of confinement (factory farm animals would be hosed, but we have quite a few range animals in the area).

Zoo animals in my immediate area would be set loose (once I recovered from the shock of being the only non-corpse human around) but beyond that I doubt I could reach any in time; I don't doubt that at least some will escape on their own, though.
glasnt wrote:"As she raised her rifle against the creature, her hair fluttered beneath the red florescent lighting of the locked down building.

I knew from that moment that she was something special"

Outbreak, a tale of love and zombies.

In stores now.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:41 am UTC

femtometer, you're my favorite.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

SummerGlauFan

Postby SummerGlauFan » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:45 am UTC

Indeed. Plus I am a 10-minute walk from an Optometrist office filled with glasses (not that I need them to read...).
glasnt wrote:"As she raised her rifle against the creature, her hair fluttered beneath the red florescent lighting of the locked down building.

In stores now.

The Cat

Postby The Cat » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:53 am UTC

Eventually, I suspect most people would end up commiting suicide.

How would you know you were the last human on earth? Hope to find another human would carry some through the darkest of times. The optimist would press on.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:29 am UTC

The Cat wrote:
Eventually, I suspect most people would end up commiting suicide.

How would you know you were the last human on earth? Hope to find another human would carry some through the darkest of times. The optimist would press on.

Even if you aren't the last person on Earth, the odds of you meeting another person in such a cataclysm would be pretty small. If they're in the same city as you, yeah, you'll probably meet up eventually. But if there's someone in another city? Another country? Especially if you're both on foot? You could pass within five miles of each other and never know it.

tastelikecoke

Postby tastelikecoke » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:07 am UTC

1) Prepare guns
2) Invented advanced viral biological warfare to revive humans as zombies
3) Time to do what I really want in real life.

TheKrikkitWars

Postby TheKrikkitWars » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:00 am UTC

I'd jazzercise, just once, safely knowing that no-one would be there to see how much of a fool I looked.
Then probably kill myself, as much as I need solitude at times, I also need people, and without them, life wouldn't be worth living.
Great things are done when Men & Mountains meet,
This is not Done by Jostling in the Street.

RandomString

Postby RandomString » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:13 am UTC

I would probably do this:

1. Attempt to clone humans by implanting embryo's in sheep or something.
2. Fail.
3. Search for other people for a while.
4. Kill myself when I gave up hope of finding someone.

And of course as I'm laying there bleeding or what not, someone will wander by.

Kang

Postby Kang » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:25 pm UTC

Fat Zombie wrote:In this scenario:
6. Wander around in a fugue, knowing that there's probably a lot I need to do (stop fires, make sure knowledge of our civilisation survives, etc). Never actually get round to it, feel guilt-stricken.

I love how that 'never get round to it' sounds like you were too busy in your day job to start that.

Wyvern

Postby Wyvern » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:45 pm UTC

tastelikecoke wrote:1) Prepare guns
2) Invented advanced viral biological warfare to revive humans as zombies
3) Time to do what I really want in real life.

This is my favorite so far. The only part missing is to band together with other survivors, but you really can't fix that in this situation.

Jplus

Postby Jplus » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:37 pm UTC

Apart from several try-to-get-some-company- and survive-type of activities that have already been mentioned in one form or another, I'd probably put some extra effort in attracting extraterrestial attention. I could try to find a strong radio source, or a strong laser, and then continuously signal SOS and randomly chosen prime numbers. Or maybe only prime numbers. It'd probably not be very detectable outside our solar system, but if any aliens had decided to research the system anyway it might still help.

For the same reason, I'd do my very best to live as long as I could, to give them as much time to find a living human specimen as possible.
"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache coherence, naming things, and off-by-one errors." (Phil Karlton and Leon Bambrick)

coding and xkcd combined

(Julian/Julian's)

Chen

Postby Chen » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:47 pm UTC

Did anyone check out that Aftermath link that was posted? If the science behind that was actually correct I'd definitely want to stock up on food and get underground or something while all the nuclear plants and such were releasing their radiation. The wiki page said 3 months until the air was more or less clean of radiation. I think getting enough food/water for that amount of time probably wouldn't be too difficult. Getting to an actual bunker or other safe underground area might be pretty tough though. The university campus downtown is pretty big and has some pretty deep basements it could work.

I gotta wonder if hiding out that long would also cause most of the bodies to have been eaten/decomposed enough so thats its safe from disease outside. Either way, getting some generators so that some sort of solar/wind power could be harnessed would be pretty important. Making sure your shelter is extremely secure from animals would also be very important. Cities would be extremely dangerous to walk around in with all the feral dogs and other animals around. Considering gasoline does not last forever you'd want to go scavenge from the grocery stores all the canned goods/water you could. Setup your own farming after that, but initially its probably safer to go with the canned food.

Thesh
Made to Fuck Dinosaurs

Postby Thesh » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:53 pm UTC

I have a little more faith that nuclear power plants don't require power or constant supervision be safe, and without people they would shut down without incident.
The rage in their eyes, torches in their hands
And the power of the cross bringing fear to all the land
And darkness will come to us all.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:57 pm UTC

Unless the people running it have gone out of their way to remove every single safety in place. But I'm pretty sure we learned our lesson.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Clarckk

Postby Clarckk » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:18 pm UTC

Whew, interesting thread!

Hm, a hard one, also. I'd probably freak out at first. And I mean REALLY freak out. I'd stay in, lay on the couch (or my bed), sobbing ("This can't be happening! This can't be happening!")

When I'd get hungry I think I would realise I'd need to actually do some stuff. First thing would be to remove my housemate's corpse from our house... I need to have a place to live! Next thing would probably be... raiding the supermarket. All the canned food would have me last for a while, I think.

I'd then go home and think about the whole situation. Depending on my reaction, I might just kill myself at this point... But I would probably be too much a pussy to do it.

With all the essentials I need, I can start thinking about the long-term. How am I going to last out here? I live in a city, so there would probably be enough food for quite a while. What would be 'smart' things to do? Re-start the human race? Too bad I'm a guy, otherwise it would've been easier... Maybe? I dunno if you can even get sperm from a corpse... Otherwise I'd go to a spermbank and get some there.

But that whole option is out, since I'm a guy. So the human race is screwed. Oh well.
Then I might as well have some fun. Go to the police office and get their guns? Awesome!

Would be fun for a while, but everything gets boring... Maybe I'd start studying again, teaching myself all the things... But my life would be miserable :(

Chen

Postby Chen » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:37 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Unless the people running it have gone out of their way to remove every single safety in place. But I'm pretty sure we learned our lesson.

From that wiki page about that TV show, it seemed the issue was more the spent fuel heating up and boiling away the cooling water in the storage facilities, not the actual reactors themselves. Now I don't know if this was embelished for TV drama's sake or if this is a legitimate concern.

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:41 pm UTC

One could go around and replace every single religious icon on earth with a version of Lemon Meringue Pie.
- Ochigo the Earth-Stomper

The EGE wrote:
Mumpy wrote:And to this day, librarians revile Oregonaut as the Antichrist.

False! We sacrifice our card catalogues to him in the name of Job Security!

SummerGlauFan

Postby SummerGlauFan » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:17 pm UTC

Chen wrote:
SexyTalon wrote:Unless the people running it have gone out of their way to remove every single safety in place. But I'm pretty sure we learned our lesson.

From that wiki page about that TV show, it seemed the issue was more the spent fuel heating up and boiling away the cooling water in the storage facilities, not the actual reactors themselves. Now I don't know if this was embelished for TV drama's sake or if this is a legitimate concern.

Most (if not all) modern reactors can not melt down, even if all the water evaporated. Pebble Bed Reactors act as their own moderators.

That Aftermath show made me facepalm so much I removed my facial hair.

Long term, other than survival stuff, keeping my mind occupied would be essential. I like human cloning/embryo growing techniques, attempts to signal aliens (or for that matter the Space Station; you did specify all humans on Earth ;) ) maybe even launch another space probe if I can manage it.

In stores now.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:28 pm UTC

It's.... yeah, I refuse to believe we have more safeguards on modern elevators to keep them from falling unexpectedly than we do on nuclear reactors to prevent releasing radiation.

SummerGlauFan

Postby SummerGlauFan » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:32 pm UTC

Yeah. The West's paranoia about nuclear reactors is ridiculous. But, that's another discussion.

Long story short: Aftermath is at best a very rough guide about what might possibly happen if we all disappeared. I'd be more concerned with sewers backing up and fires being started, possibly seasoned with a possibility of a chemical spill.

In stores now.

Jave D
chavey-dee

Postby Jave D » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:38 am UTC

Well. First I'd find all the good drugs.

In a semi-psychotic daze I'd write down a record of the last man on earth. It probably wouldn't be very good. But I'd probably have some fun writing it. Then I'd die.

Or maybe I'd wait a while to see nature begin its disintegration of all things human. It would be just and fitting, but kind of sad. Still worth seeing, I think.

The Cat

Postby The Cat » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:15 am UTC

Even if you aren't the last person on Earth, the odds of you meeting another person in such a cataclysm would be pretty small.

I think survivors would migrate to the sweet spots. Good water source, food, shelter, climate.... Plenty of time to learn about trains, planes, boats, and automobiles. Walking would be a last resort. The question is, do you cry out if you're alone in the jungle? Happy Halloween!

Wallydraigle

Postby Wallydraigle » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:22 am UTC

Once I figured out what happened and recovered from the initial shock, I'd go bury my mom and dad. They live in the country, and have lots of food and guns so I'd probably live there for a while. No need to venture into town for months. There's a stream and lots of wood to boil water. Once all the bodies had mostly done their thing it would be okay to head into town for supplies. Food wouldn't be a problem for a long time.

I'm a dude, and not so arrogant to think that I could solve all the problems of making more people all on my own with no electricity, so I wouldn't feel responsible for restarting civilization. I also wouldn't feel responsible for preserving mankind's legacy with time capsules and whatnot, since no one is ever going to find it, and if there ever was anyone to find it we've got enough stuff lying around that whatever I did would be immaterial anyway. Also, none of the things I'd be collecting and preserving would have been my doing, and the disaster wasn't my doing either, so it's just not my problem.

When I was finally more or less secure that I could survive on my own, I'd need something to do. With all the free food lying around everywhere farming seems dumb, so I'd hit the road. I've always wanted to see the Hooker emerald, so I'd hit up the Smithsonian. It would take me a while to get there from where I live, but that's okay. When I got there, I'd pocket the emerald, because I can, and I'd also loot anything else from there that I felt like I wanted. All that stuff there belongs to the United States, which means that it now belongs to me, and also since there's no one to challenge me it's mine by right of conquest.

After that I'd probably head for somewhere nice. San Diego, maybe. It would be a long trip, probably mostly on foot, but that's okay. When I got there the weather would be perfect all the time, and the ocean would be right there. After all the fires went out it would probably be pretty dark at night almost everywhere, so I'd probably spend a lot of time looking at the sky too. I'd have a really nice telescope, why not? With the mild climate, and all the edible stuff that has escaped from cultivation, and all the free food lying around everywhere from before the disaster, life would probably be pretty easy. But it wouldn't last forever. I like to think that by the time I got old there would still be working planes and fuel for them, but that's kind of optimistic. I want there to be a plane so that before I die I can get to egypt. Not that I particularly want to see egypt, but I totally have dibs on the pyramid. It's mine. When the end is nigh, and I barely have strength to drag my ass along, I'm crawling into the pyramid to die. Also, when I'm lying there waiting to die I'm going to write "Wally's Pyramid" on the roof of the chamber in green Crayola crayon. Hopefully it won't melt in my pocket on the way there, because egypt is friggin hot.

samk

Postby samk » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:17 pm UTC

Download as much as possible of internet while it remains up.

After canned goods run out, hunting and gathering make more sense than trying to farm for a low density population especially if one is moving about. Staying at a university library if buildings are fireproof seems better than trying to travel.

Listen on shortwave radio, transmit sometimes, if there was another survivor the odds of them speaking english not chinese would give cause for thought.

A crowbar in case of doors shutting behind one would be advisable to carry at all times, one wouldn't want to get trapped. Antibiotics in case of infection. Probably would still die in an accident involving crumbling buildings, bridges or a mantrap trying to get into secret base.

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:05 am UTC

Kill self quickly, instead of waiting to die a slow death by starvation/thirst/disease/etc.
uhhhh fuck.

Pterosaur

Postby Pterosaur » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:37 am UTC

1. Bury my husband. Can’t have him stinking up the place.
2. Raid the nearest pharmacy. Stock up on antidepressants and anything useful.
3. Start a cycle of manic looting and random vandalism until I go mad.
4. Crown myself Emperor of New Funkytown and rule the animals, trees, and fire hydrants as my loyal subjects.
5. Declare war on the cottonwoods for their belligerent subterfuge.
6. Die in a forest fire.
Until you stalk and overrun,
You can't devour anyone.
--Hobbes

Bovine Blood

Postby Bovine Blood » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:00 pm UTC

Step the first: Become very upset.
Second: Find myself an airplane.
Third: Learn to fly the airplane.
Fourth: If step three didn't kill me, explore this wonderful earth we live on, see everything I would not otherwise be able to see.
Five: Be incredibly lonely and by this time probably insane.
Six: Die.

I don't see any value in preserving our current culture- does knowledge make a society any better?

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:24 pm UTC

It would be good if I could archive a full dump of wikihow before the internet died. That knowledge would become very useful. Second order of business is probably gasoline collection. Who knows how long the pumps will stay running? This would go a lot more smoothly if there are corpses, or at least wallets, lying around; I could just go through credit cards one by one. In any case, I'm going to want a LOT of gas, because step two is to find a generator. I'm going to want electricity at least until I get set up long-term. I'm going to need power to access my wikihow dump in the beginning.

Depending on the season, I might have more or less time before I had to move on a large scale. If it happened today, I'd have to move relatively quickly because we've already gotten snow at elevations both above and below where I live. Depending on how much gas I could collect, and the state of the highways (i.e., are they blocked with wreckage and parked cars and whatnot, or mostly clear), I might try to score a large vehicle so I could have a portable stockpile.

I'd need animal friends. Eventually, the world's going to get a lot scarier. There will be wild dogs all over the cities, and they won't be my best friend. I won't probably have the advantage of a friendly dog for much longer than the life span of whatever dogs I can take care of initially, unless I get lucky and can go through a few generations. In any case, food is going to get to be a big problem eventually, but for at least the first few years I can live on canned and dried stuff from retail stores if necessary. The dogs might have more trouble scavenging and staying healthy than I would, so after stockpiling gas I'll want to stockpile some dog food. In a pinch, I can eat dog food too. And there would be great psychological advantages to keeping dogs as well, of course.

Suicide would never really be on the table. I'd have to be pretty completely fucked to even consider it. I guess I'd have to figure out the shelf life of various antibiotics and break into some pharmacies to get the stuff that'll last the longest. OTC drugs will be plentiful as long as I stay anywhere near areas with drug stores, so they don't need to be stockpiled. Drinkable water might be another thing to stockpile, eventually; it's a shame that my area has such inhospitable winters (if you have no power and civilization), because it's also got some of the best sources of fresh spring water in the country.

I'd probably set myself up down in the central valley somewhere relatively safe from flooding and a reasonable distance from some of the big commercial orchards, if possible. Tons of the trees would die, but I wouldn't need more than a tiny percentage to survive in order to have a pretty low-effort source of food. If I could find a house that was wired for solar, that could be quite an asset. I'd like to be able to listen to music and watch movies in the years to come, at least once in a while, and having an oven or cookstove would just be wonderful.

It should go without saying that I'd arm myself before leaving town. Anyway, the biggest immediate issues I can think of are probably stockpiling gasoline, acquiring transportation that doubles as portable storage (unless the highways are blocked with wreckage), getting my hands on a generator, taking in some healthy, reliable dogs, and stockpiling a reasonable amount of food for the gang.

I'd try not to think about all the animals that would be dying slowly in locked houses and zoos across the world. Or about the fact that Henry and Merlin who live on my street are both too old to be worth bringing along if I can't feed more than a few dogs. I guess I could bring them into town and set them up in the grocery store, but they probably don't really know when to stop eating once they got into one bag and would make themselves sick. Not sure how long they'd last.

In the long term, I'd have a lot of books to read. I'd have a lot of things to teach myself if I felt like it. There is no end of things I am interested in learning and doing, and given how much of my time would be taken up with survival in this scenario, I'm pretty sure I still wouldn't make a huge dent in the list of things I'd like to do before I died of old age; or more likely, sickness or injury.
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

big boss

Postby big boss » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:59 am UTC

I would imagine I would be fighting off the hordes of zombies that no doubt caused me to be the last person on earth in the first place due to some accident in a scientific lab that released a virus that only I was immune to.
"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothing but the Rain."

wst

Postby wst » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:16 am UTC

big boss wrote:I would imagine I would be fighting off the hordes of zombies that no doubt caused me to be the last person on earth in the first place due to some accident in a scientific lab that released a virus that only I was immune to.
Early in the thread it was established that you woke up one day and no-one else did. No zombies. No virus. Everyone just forgot to stay alive, apart from you.

I'd stay where I am for now, my friend Catherine is getting old so I'd look after her until she died, travelling around within about 20 miles of my home to scavenge and get power and fuel, etc, and to maintain the aircraft at the airfield nearby (well, the longest-range one and second longest-range one, as well as a trainer. The others I would leave in such a condition as they will be pretty much preserved alright. I'd seal the hangars with concrete to minimise wildlife ingress.) Then I would make some monument to her 'Last pet left alive' and stuff because I think I'd get really lonely when I don't even have her left.

Then I'd go to the airfield and figure out how to fly the trainer. I'd not learn until my friend Catherine has died, because she's not going to fend for herself with only one tooth, and flying isn't totally simple. I'd fill the plane up with fuel, pack some memories into a bag, take a camera and paper/pens from a shop nearby, and travel forever, keeping a diary and accurate log. I'd have charts for the world, looted from airfields that I land at. My globe would slowly become covered in a continuous line that starts where I wake up on day one and ends when I am incapable of plotting my position any more.

Hopefully I'd find someone. If not, which seems likely, I would live by the gun and build bonfires to cook on at night and to ward off wild animals.

The problem with this thread is that it's set my imagination going and it's quite... scary. Improbable as hell, but now my mind is.... thanks guys. Way to scare me.
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.

Vapour

Postby Vapour » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:05 am UTC

First port of call for me would be to print off as much information as possible. How to build, survive, mechanics etc etc.

There is no hope of me being able to re start humanity again, so I'll just go travelling. Find myself a nice Mustang (Might aswel have fun while driving, even if it isn't the most economic) and just drive.

For company, I'll stop by a kennel and choose a dog, let the rest free and carry on my way.

Not sure if I would set up a base camp somewhere, or just roam and stop where ever I feel like.

Amora

Postby Amora » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:03 pm UTC

Enjoy the absence of man-made noise.

I'd also find a horse.
Bloody Orange lover.

Return to “General”