Help me paint a jacket!

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

OBrien

Help me paint a jacket!

Postby OBrien » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:10 pm UTC

So, as you can see by my avvy, I have recently had my long, hippy-like locks chopped off in favour of a rather punkier hair style. I would also like to spray-paint a denim jacket to go with the hair. What do you think I should have on it?
At the moment I'm considering spraying a big picture of Joe Strummer's face on the back (probably a black, white and grey version of the cover of redemption song), The UK Subs Logo over the right breast pocket, the "keep out country clean" logo with "Keep our country clean" over it and "Bin the BNP" under it. The Napalm Death logo somewhere (probably on my right hip), along the left side, under my arm, I'll have "Very Metal" (as a tribute to the young Ones) and "fight war, not wars" along the bottom, at the back. What else do you think I could / should have on there?
I will add pictures to show you what I'm planning as soon as I can be bothered to photoshop them.

EDIT: Made a mock-up of the front. Please forgive the shittiness, I made it in GIMP and am pretty tired. I will now sleep before doing the back.

Spoiler:
Jacket front proto.png

EDIT2: OK, done the back too. Again, sorry for the use of GIMP.

Spoiler:
Jacket back proto.png
Jacket back proto.png (141.38 KiB) Viewed 965 times
Last edited by OBrien on Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:45 am UTC, edited 4 times in total.
Spelling and grammar can go screw themselves.

fersrs

Re: Help me paint a jacket!

Postby fersrs » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:28 am UTC

Your hair looks awesome! How long did it take to cut? I like the design of the jacket so far.
I'd put something around the cuffs, maybe a short phrase or a pattern.

OBrien

Postby OBrien » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:00 am UTC

About nine hours. Eight hours went to dreading the back, making dreads from the bits shaved off from the sides and then ccrocheting them together.
Hmm... I may pin some tartan on the cuffs then, see how it looks... or I could be lazy and just turn them up...

EvilDuckie

Postby EvilDuckie » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:55 am UTC

Love the Joe Strummer as well as Very Metal ones. You may want to be careful with the "Bin the BNP" one, as it contains a swastika and that may mean you won't be able to wear it in some countries (IIRC it's outright banned in Germany).

How 'bout a Union Jack somewhere on there?
Quack!

OBrien

Postby OBrien » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:49 am UTC

I'm not big on flags, but then I got thinking "Maybe a Brittany flag down one arm" and now I'm thinking "Maybe a Union flag, French flag and Brittany flag down one arm". Hmm...
Anyhow, uploaded some mockups to my first post. They're not that great but they should give you a general idea.

EDIT: And I don't think the swastika should be a problem: Over here it's pretty obvious I'm using it to show I'm against racism, and if I go traveling to places where it's banned, I'll just bring one of my many other coats and jackets with me.

Return to “General”