How'd you come up with your username(s)?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Pit

Re: How'd you come up with your username(s)?

Postby Pit » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:32 am UTC

Cherry Kiss wrote:HAHAHAHA @ glitter titts... i can only assume there is a story behind that one...

I cosplayed as Shiva (From FF XII Revenant Wings) and I had to paint my body white, then cover it with pearl-ex (which is usually mixed with regular paint to create a glossy-glittery effect).
Here is a reference picture, in all her scantily clad glory.

If you notice, she's wearing a bikini. And, we have to paint the top part of the breasts. This caused my tits to glitter in a way unseen before. Thus, my friends have dubbed me "Glitter Tits, reject My-Little-Pony of the world", due to the showering of pearl-ex all over my, well, tits.
The only thing better than bacon is more bacon on it, potentially sprinkled with bacon salt.

Xoco Mint / Pit

Cherry Kiss
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby Cherry Kiss » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:43 am UTC

ACU-LP wrote:Rather, just catching a hint of ST.
And speaking of misspelled names, how many different spellings of Neil do you reckon there are?
Neil. Niel. Niele. Nail. Nial. Niale. Neal. Neale. Etc. WTF? Cant we just keep it to a simple Neil? As in armstrong?

well i would hope that people would at least skip over "nail"... i mean honestly... but i must say... i knew a "Neal" before i knew a "Neil" so i tend to spell it with an "a" and not an "i"...
What they call love is a risk,
'Cause you will always get hit
Out of nowhere by some wave
And end up on your own.

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:59 am UTC

Cherry Kiss wrote:
ACU-LP wrote:And speaking of misspelled names, how many different spellings of <removed> do you reckon there are?
<removed>. Niel. Niele. Nail. Nial. Niale. Neal. Neale. Etc. WTF? Cant we just keep it to a simple <removed>? As in armstrong?
well i would hope that people would at least skip over "nail"... i mean honestly...
You'd think so, wouldnt you. But I have learnt to never underestimate peoples stupidity.
Last edited by ACU-LP on Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:16 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:14 am UTC

Pit wrote:Glitter tits story
I was right.

I'm somehow... disappointed. I'm not sure what I was expecting.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Cherry Kiss

Postby Cherry Kiss » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:25 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
I was right.

i wouldnt be surprised if you were thinking of a lucious stripper with pamela anderson tits in a patent leather string bikini covered in glitter... hahaha
And end up on your own.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:32 am UTC

....no. Not even close.

More of something relating to a glitter bottle explosion.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Antimony-120
Location: Wherever you can look - wherever there's a fight, so hungry people can eat.

Postby Antimony-120 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:38 am UTC

Cherry Kiss wrote:
SecondTalon wrote:
I was right.

i wouldnt be surprised if you were thinking of a lucious stripper with pamela anderson tits in a patent leather string bikini covered in glitter... hahaha

...Well NOW I am.

mmmmm

Oh right, my name. I think I mentioned this before. Antimony is one of the few elements that sounds like it could be an English name, and Antimony-120 is an unstable isotope, the suffix makes it more unique. And no, before anyone asks I was completely unaware of Gunnerkrigg Court or any other places the name Antimony is used. And I'm male damnit! Stupid brilliant webcomic making people think I'm female.
Wolydarg wrote:That was like a roller coaster of mathematical reasoning. Problems! Solutions! More problems!

****************Signature Dehosted, New Signature Under Construction************************

Cherry Kiss

Postby Cherry Kiss » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:42 am UTC

lol oops... i was wrong... tho i must admit... i only said that because i thought the desription was hilarious.. and mildly hoping that it was true... ;)
And end up on your own.

theSleepingMan

Postby theSleepingMan » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:09 am UTC

Fairly new here, thought I'd share. It took me a long while to think of mine, so I started thinking about my favorite thing to do, sleeping, and there yeah go. Only now I've been having problems finding the right avatar. Any suggestions?
"Every one of us is precious in the cosmic perspective. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another."
____Carl Sagan____

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:18 am UTC

theSleepingMan wrote:Fairly new here, thought I'd share. It took me a long while to think of mine, so I started thinking about my favorite thing to do, sleeping, and there yeah go. Only now I've been having problems finding the right avatar. Any suggestions?
How about an abra? They like sleeping. And then you can also join the pokemon avatar people. Already re-sized, just right click, save as:
SleepingAbra.png
SleepingAbra.png (13.95 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.

Mr. Beck
Commencing Countdown, Engines On

Postby Mr. Beck » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:23 am UTC

Oh, come on. Don't just jump on the nearest bandwagon that presents itself!

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:25 am UTC

Oh come on, you're just jealous you're not with us yet :P
How about mr mime for your mr beck?

Dropzone

Postby Dropzone » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:37 am UTC

The Sleeping Man himself...
po_sleepman_h.png
po_sleepman_h.png (27.92 KiB) Viewed 4413 times
(image blatantly ripped from Neverwinter Nights by me, but using copyrighted stuff for avatars seems to be par for the course so I doubt anyone'll mind)

edit: Hey, why don't I post something that's actually on topic? Not long after I started secondary school, me and a couple of friends were trying to start a sort of online gaming... clan, I guess. (We thought we were 1337.) The friend whose idea it was chose our usernames for us, and I believe he came up with mine after seeing an advert in a magazine for a bike called the Dropzone. For no apparent reason, I've stuck with the same username ever since.

Pit

Postby Pit » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:12 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:....no. Not even close.

More of something relating to a glitter bottle explosion.

When someone throws a bottle of pearl-ex at you and up end up hacking glitter spit for days, I think that constitutes as a glitter bottle explosion. And maybe I need to clarify. Showering, as in throwing a very large bottle of "magical paint glitter", making me shake off all the excess and then proclaiming it as a work of art.
The only thing better than bacon is more bacon on it, potentially sprinkled with bacon salt.

Xoco Mint / Pit

theSleepingMan

Postby theSleepingMan » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:49 am UTC

Oooh, Abra is a good idea! Not sure about the green dude though. Looks a little too freaky for my taste. And too green. I don't like green
"Every one of us is precious in the cosmic perspective. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another."
____Carl Sagan____

Mr. Beck

Postby Mr. Beck » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:12 am UTC

ACU-LP wrote:Oh come on, you're just jealous you're not with us yet :P
How about mr mime for your mr beck?

No. Never. Thank You.

Gowerly
Toad

Postby Gowerly » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:28 pm UTC

My Surname is Gower. I added ly to make it like an adjective or something, I don't really remember. When I was 15 and stupid it was GowerlyGod. Now I'm 26 and stupid on some forums it's Gowerlypuff to put forward the awesomeness of Jigglypuff in SSB*

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:02 am UTC

Now coming to you, a pointless interruption!
theSleepingMan wrote:Oooh. . .too green. I don't like green

WHAT THE HELL. Green is the colour of pine and most of the worlds most vibrant essence
Green is the colour left on the pavement after a good night out.
Green is the feeling when you can’t be stuffed getting up in the morning.
Green is the smile on my face when i know something is wrong. . .
Green has enough different shades to make a rainbow look dull.
Watch out for all the Green this world has to offer.
Green is only my second favourite colour. Don’t you mess around with my first! :shock:
:mrgreen:

Peripheral_Epiphany

Postby Peripheral_Epiphany » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:18 am UTC

Peripheral epiphany is just a random phrase my friend made up in a facebook post, which is quoted in my sig. I liked it so much I decided to steal it and use it as a username.
Another fun phrase I'm kicking around right now
is peripheral epiphany
an epiphany on the side
while you're pondering the great mysteries of life
you realize that you hate syrup

Synthuir

Postby Synthuir » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:23 am UTC

I had to think up names for several colonies in a game I played once, that I've forgotten pretty much everything about since. My attempts probably looked like: "Hmm... must include Synth, that's a cool way of abbreviating synthesis... Synthary? No. Synthul? No. You know what's a cool suffix?... ohh, wait, Synthuir!"

Another one I use (much less frequently) is Sçium(e), sort of like Scion, but not. Hmm... Maybe I could combine them... Synçiur? Sçyndll? Me likely Sçyndll... :)
Randall Munroe wrote:Google has solved my problem of urination.
crzftx wrote:You [theoretically] stepped through paper^-1, and called it paper. Maybe you can theoretically step through 1/2, but you've done nothing with paper.

TheKrikkitWars

Postby TheKrikkitWars » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:48 pm UTC

I was 9, and wanted a Hitchikers Guide reference in my name, but wanted a subtle on that only real fans would get. 10 years on, I've had less than ten people get where it came from without help.
Great things are done when Men & Mountains meet,
This is not Done by Jostling in the Street.

kriel

Postby kriel » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:58 pm UTC

Synthuir wrote:Sçyndll? Me likely Sçyndll...

That would make me think you're a computer file all the time, though. Scyn.dll

Synthuir

Postby Synthuir » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:16 pm UTC

kriel wrote:
Synthuir wrote:Sçyndll? Me likely Sçyndll...

That would make me think you're a computer file all the time, though. Scyn.dll

Well, yea, that's what I was going for. Punctuation marks inside somewhere are a bonus.
crzftx wrote:You [theoretically] stepped through paper^-1, and called it paper. Maybe you can theoretically step through 1/2, but you've done nothing with paper.

Lolsaur

Postby Lolsaur » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:22 pm UTC

Lolsaur?

Well, I think that started off when the Terrible Trio (myself and my 2 best friends) were outside discussing some things when the subject of "lol" came up and i stupidly started walking about like a raptor (you know the one, hands made into claws with arms tucked in up to elboiws and making snapping actions with the mouth) and saying "lol" in a high-pitched voice.

The name just stuck for that particular prehistoric animal and i just used it for online games handles/ at LAN parties with the same two people.

I did once try drawing a Lolsaur, but it was always a misshapen raptor, with a speech bubble with "lol" in it.
Worst Fight Scene Ever

This cosy, special made for this Teapot

Spoiler:
You've never looked better than you did that night
And your eyes have never looked so blue
And when we kissed it was like nothing else existed
As time stood still for me and you

Mr. Beck

Postby Mr. Beck » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:52 am UTC

TheKrikkitWars wrote:I was 9, and wanted a Hitchikers Guide reference in my name, but wanted a subtle on that only real fans would get. 10 years on, I've had less than ten people get where it came from without help.

I caught it the first time I saw you. 8)

JonathanWild

Postby JonathanWild » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:57 am UTC

My username is Jonathan Wild because he is the title character of an excellent satirical novel by Henry Fielding. I encourage all of you to check it out...
PostRejects- a weekly collection of irregular, warped, and defective PostSecrets
http://postrejects.blogspot.com

Immortal_Z

Postby Immortal_Z » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:01 am UTC

TheKrikkitWars wrote:I was 9, and wanted a Hitchikers Guide reference in my name, but wanted a subtle on that only real fans would get. 10 years on, I've had less than ten people get where it came from without help.

If it makes you feel any better, I got it right away

--

Z is from an old nickname of mine I used when I was a kid, that featured a Z fairly prominently (which I shall not repeat here, as it contains my first name. I was stupid(er) as a kid..), and the Immortal part is from a curious mental tick of mine, and a running joke with a friend. I am slowly phasing Immortal_Z out and joining sites as ImmortalityRate (or some variation) now a days, to avoid a few people that know me by Immortal_Z that I do not wish to see anymore. Immortal + Mortality Rate, s'a good name, for me
An Angel who did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards

rubber314chicken

Postby rubber314chicken » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:10 am UTC

Well, I had some stupid AIM handle before this, and I decided I wanted a new one. So I'm like... hmm... what is random and kind of funny. RubberChicken. My 12 year old self was is totally disbelief that someone before me had the crazy Idea to use that. So I thought about it, and I'm hmm.... I like math. I'll throw pi in the middle, and that is how rubber314chicken came to be.
Official Thread-Jacker

SecondTalon wrote:Semen! I said semen! tee hee!

kinigget

Postby kinigget » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:35 am UTC

I got it instantly, just like several other people here. Don't worry, you're among nerds here, things will be okay.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I can tell from his word choice that he is using his penis to type.

Steax wrote:I think the courts are kinda busy right now. Something about cake and due process.

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:28 pm UTC

Mr. Beck wrote:

Me too.
The real challenge is getting the Hitchhiker's reference in my name. I would say it's slightly more obscure.

NEWK

Postby NEWK » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:00 pm UTC

My initials are N.E.W. When I first got online, I started hanging out at BASIC programming forums (QBasic was my interpreter of choice...) under the pseudonym "NewKid" as I was very aware of my newbieness at the time and because my initials are NEW. The forums I posted at enabled you to post under any name and before long I just started posting as "NEWK" when I realized that My initials + K = nuke. The name stuck. It's also phonetically similar to my real name, Nick.
QUOD NON POTEST DUBITARI NON POTEST PROVOCARI

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:26 pm UTC

existential_elevator wrote:
Mr. Beck wrote:
Me too.
The real challenge is getting the Hitchhiker's reference in my name. I would say it's slightly more obscure.
Not as obvious, because I don't believe the term "existential elevator" appears in the books anywhere, while the Krikkit Wars are referred to as, well, the Krikkit Wars.
I was so satisfied when I first realised what your name was a reference to, e_e.
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.

Not A Raptor

Postby Not A Raptor » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:35 pm UTC

Cheese wrote:
Mr. Beck wrote:
Me too.
Not as obvious, because I don't believe the term "existential elevator" appears in the books anywhere, while the Krikkit Wars are referred to as, well, the Krikkit Wars.
I was so satisfied when I first realised what your name was a reference to, e_e.

Could always talk about how difficult it is to make a good cup of tea.
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment

Mother Superior
Better than tea

Postby Mother Superior » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:45 pm UTC

I watched Trainspotting and saw the writing on the wall in the beginning that says "Mother Superior's" and, I dunno... figured it'd be a good a name as any. It's a reference to their drug dealer, who they call Mother Superior on account of the length of his habit.
My crappy creepy? Crabby? My crabby blog.
"She bore also the fruitless deep with his raging swell, Pontus, without sweet union of love."
- Hesiod, Theogony

Jedifreak

Postby Jedifreak » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:29 pm UTC

Mine comes from the fact that I have a couple shelves full of Star Wars books, and very few people, even among Nerds and Geeks like us, can beat my knowledge. Unfortunately, due to lack of funds, that number is growing.
http://www.improbableisland.com/home.php?r=Jedifreak
http://www.geist-panik.com
Jin_Asias wrote:I still think Jedifreak runs off of a vast macro library

Synthuir

Postby Synthuir » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:17 am UTC

One that I used for awhile was... well, anything with 313 in it- close to 314, but I wasn't thinking of pi at the time... A friend of mine waaaayy back when used a screenname 'bluefire314'. Soooo original... Anyways... I picked 313, to be, ya know, 1 generation more 'original'. I don't know why he picked 314, but I'm assuming it wasn't a pi reference. Ohh, if only I knew how stupid it seemed, back then... *sigh*

DrProfessorPhD

Postby DrProfessorPhD » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:28 am UTC

It started as a joke as PhD Pepper, since I love DP. Then I use it on Xbox, and while I'm playing Halo, my friend keeps calling me Dr PhD. Then when I get a new xbox (other was stolen), I make a new one as Dr Professor PhD. That's where I was when I signed up here. Later, I just went all out. I think one game I am Sir Mr. Dr. Professor PhD Esquire the Third. Why the third? I have no idea. At best, IRL, I'd be the second, and that's sort of a stretch (my father was John, I am Sean, named after him, but not exactly the same). It just went with the name better.
I am probably a swordfighting octopus. In case you can't tell.

Mr. Beck

Postby Mr. Beck » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:31 am UTC

Cheese wrote:
Mr. Beck wrote:
Me too.

Can I be informed?

Aikanaro

Postby Aikanaro » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:39 pm UTC

As resident Tolkien-nerds may already know, mine is actually from a footnote in the Silmarillion. It's the Quenya (High-Elven) translation of the name of the character Aegnor. Roughly translated, it means either "Sharp Flame" or "Fell Fire" ("Fell" in the sense of deadly, scary, etc). Aika/Aeg = Sharp, Nar/Nor = Flame/Fire. I liked both the meaning of the name and the sound of it, so I tend to use it as a handle whenever the name is free. Used it for a few years on FFXI, too :D
Dear xkcd,

On behalf of my religion, I'm sorry so many of us do dumb shit. Please forgive us.

Love, Aikanaro.

IAmTheMonty

Postby IAmTheMonty » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:58 pm UTC

Mine came from my friend Catherine Monty and the backmasking "I Am The Walrus". I said that once, and it sounded cool, and so now I use it for everything.

Return to “General”