Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
GraphiteGirl
Alpha Male
Posts: 1531
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:45 pm UTC
Location: South-East Snakeville

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby GraphiteGirl » Thu May 27, 2010 11:10 am UTC

phlip wrote:So... how do you tell it's an Evony ad? I mean, it doesn't actually say it anywhere on there...

I'm not going to lie. I was so confused by the ad that I clicked on it, and it took me to an Evony signup page. (Feel free to tell me I was foolish for clicking on such an ad; I'm aware.)
Sandry wrote:Man, my commitment to sparkle motion is waaaaay lower than you are intimating.

User avatar
pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man
Posts: 5100
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 pm UTC
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby pseudoidiot » Thu May 27, 2010 12:19 pm UTC

Consider it research otherwise we might not have found out what the ad was for!
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

User avatar
emceng
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:38 pm UTC
Location: State of Hockey
Contact:

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby emceng » Thu May 27, 2010 1:44 pm UTC

I don't mind Evony's lame or boobtastic adds. I do hate them for being a shady Chinese company that blatantly steals other companies IP to make a scam game. Then again the same could be said for 99% of Chinese products.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

User avatar
animeHrmIne
Posts: 509
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:33 pm UTC
Location: Missouri, USA, Sol III

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby animeHrmIne » Thu May 27, 2010 2:15 pm UTC

My shirt is an IP stealing scam game? Cool!

/misinterpretation for [fail] comedy
I wanted to see the universe, so I stole a Time Lord and ran away. And you were the only one mad enough.
Biting's excellent! It's like kissing, only there's a winner.
-Sexy

User avatar
bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title
Posts: 7461
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:29 pm UTC
Location: Airstrip One

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby bigglesworth » Thu May 27, 2010 3:31 pm UTC

It was stolen from Dr Who, duh.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

User avatar
Kewangji
Has Been Touched
Posts: 2254
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:20 pm UTC
Location: Lost in Translation
Contact:

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby Kewangji » Thu May 27, 2010 4:08 pm UTC

GraphiteGirl wrote:
phlip wrote:So... how do you tell it's an Evony ad? I mean, it doesn't actually say it anywhere on there...

I'm not going to lie. I was so confused by the ad that I clicked on it, and it took me to an Evony signup page. (Feel free to tell me I was foolish for clicking on such an ad; I'm aware.)

You're foolish for clicking on such an ad.
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

vslayer
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:57 pm UTC
Location: rakaia, NZ
Contact:

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby vslayer » Thu May 27, 2010 7:12 pm UTC

Not sure if this has been ranted before, but gods damn it I'm irritated by it.

Here is Australia we have radio ads that warn us about ecstacy being made is public toilets, out of household cleaners and battery acid etc. and how ecstacy is therefore a harmful substance that needs to be avoided. Well I have news for you government fuckers: before you forced it underground with your prohibition it was a pharmaceutical grade drug which was statistically safer than riding a fucking horse, so if you really cared about people's health you would legalise it and allow people access to safe drugs again, you fuckers.

User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
Posts: 3819
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby Giant Speck » Thu May 27, 2010 7:15 pm UTC

vslayer wrote:being made is public toilets, out of household cleaners and battery acid etc.

Wait... wouldn't that be methamphetamine?
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

User avatar
Ashlah
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:31 pm UTC

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby Ashlah » Thu May 27, 2010 10:47 pm UTC

Uh, so nothing really douchebag-ish about this commercial, but does anyone else find it totally creepy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cVzBBY8-d0

H2SO4
NOCTUNICUS, LORD OF SLEEP
Posts: 931
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:36 am UTC

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby H2SO4 » Thu May 27, 2010 11:02 pm UTC

What the? What does the doll have to do with ANYTHING?
But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams.

User avatar
The Scyphozoa
Posts: 2871
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:33 pm UTC
Location: Sector 5

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby The Scyphozoa » Thu May 27, 2010 11:29 pm UTC

GraphiteGirl wrote:You're not going to believe this.
Ladies, gents, all others, I present to you, the latest Evony ad:
Spoiler:
what the hell.jpg

And when you click on her breast, it gets bigger.

There has GOT to be some law against that.
How exactly does Evony make money? Other people's ads on their site?
Image
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

User avatar
phlip
Restorer of Worlds
Posts: 7573
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:56 am UTC
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby phlip » Thu May 27, 2010 11:52 pm UTC

The Scyphozoa wrote:How exactly does Evony make money? Other people's ads on their site?

From what I understand, it's one of those games that's technically free, but has a micropayment system that you can use to get ahead. They then proceed to make the game become more unplayable over time unless you start using said micropayment system. Like, starting to require more resources than you're actually capable of getting in-game.

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

User avatar
Raeluna
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:28 am UTC
Location: Under Your Bed... ಠ_ಠ
Contact:

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby Raeluna » Sun May 30, 2010 7:11 pm UTC

The new commercial for Twix Java. A guy an his wife are at a table, he gets a text. She picks up the phone and says something to the effect of "Who's Terry, and why are they saying they need you right now?" He looks worried, stops, eats a time-stopping Twix bar, then lies and says Terry is his boss. And his wife is all happy again and he gets off scot-free.

I really, really hate the Twix commercials lately.
thicknavyrain wrote:Marry me. Now.


Image

"So, why are you a fruit bat?"
"I dunno, healthier I guess."
"Well yeah, but 'I vant to suck your melons' just doesn't have the same ring to it."

Walter.Horvath
Posts: 933
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 11:33 pm UTC
Location: Orlando, FL

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby Walter.Horvath » Sun May 30, 2010 8:14 pm UTC

All of them are about douches getting a second chance with someone they don't deserve.

Hence douchebaggery.

User avatar
GhostWolfe
Broken wings and scattered feathers
Posts: 3892
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 11:56 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Aust
Contact:

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby GhostWolfe » Sun May 30, 2010 10:12 pm UTC

vslayer wrote:Here is Australia we have radio ads that warn us about ecstacy being made is public toilets, out of household cleaners and battery acid etc.
We do?? I take a lot of public transport and I know that Fortitude Valley station is plastered with the bus-ad equivilent. I love the fact that the toilets the E is supposedly being made in are the most filthy disgusting toilets imaginable. Cause you can't make E in a clean toilet!

/angell
Linguistic Anarchist
Hawknc: ANGELL IS SERIOUS BUSINESS :-[
lesliesage: Animals dunked in crude oil: sad. Animals dunked in boiling oil: tasty.
Belial: I was in your mom's room all night committing to a series of extended military actions.

ftarp
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:29 pm UTC

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby ftarp » Mon May 31, 2010 2:16 am UTC

But... why would you use a toilet in the first place? What I've never understood about government anti-drug propaganda is what the motivation would be for someone to put window cleaner in their ecstasy or cocaine in marijuana. If you're making fake pills, it's probably cheaper to just make plain sugar pills than to intentionally kill people. And cocaine is far more expensive than marijuana - there's no benefit for the dealer.

User avatar
GhostWolfe
Broken wings and scattered feathers
Posts: 3892
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 11:56 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Aust
Contact:

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby GhostWolfe » Mon May 31, 2010 4:16 am UTC

Off the top of my head, I can't recall if the campaigns state "made from" or if they're using the "chemicals found in" line they use in the anti-smoking campaign.

If I remember tomorrow, I'll see if I can get a photo of the posters while I'm at the station.

/angell
Linguistic Anarchist
Hawknc: ANGELL IS SERIOUS BUSINESS :-[
lesliesage: Animals dunked in crude oil: sad. Animals dunked in boiling oil: tasty.
Belial: I was in your mom's room all night committing to a series of extended military actions.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26528
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby SecondTalon » Mon May 31, 2010 5:04 am UTC

ftarp wrote:And cocaine is far more expensive than marijuana - there's no benefit for the dealer.
Sure there is. You give it a name like Calamazoo Blast and charge more - more than enough to cover the cost of the coke (or whatever) you're mixing in there. Since it's a black market, though, you're pretty much trusting the dealer when they say that Michigan Dank is only really, really good pot and nothing else and that's why it costs double.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Woopate
Scrapple
Posts: 503
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:34 am UTC

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby Woopate » Mon May 31, 2010 6:30 am UTC

The latest Interac commercials piss me off. "It feels good to use interac". BLEH! Like it ever feels good to have your funds reduced, except specific circumstances. And it *definitely* doesn't feel as good to use a card as money, when it does feel good.

User avatar
hintss
Posts: 1294
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:19 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby hintss » Mon May 31, 2010 6:46 am UTC

I read about 7 sites about CNC a few days ago, and now the only banner ad I'll get is for Siemens CNC controller solutions. Even on lucid dreaming forums. Like I'd buy a commercial turn-key solution :wink: .

Google should have more than enough in my search history to figure out that I love open source. For example, yesterday, I searched for open source link balancing software. and reprap. and makerbot. and lildiycnc videos on youtube. and DIY CNC lathes. Can't they get better targeted ads?

but then, knowing me, they could have proabably figured out that I would point this out on a forum. do'h

General_Norris
Posts: 1399
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:10 pm UTC

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby General_Norris » Mon May 31, 2010 6:19 pm UTC

kernelpanic wrote:You might be the first person to walk this planet that agrees with a bureaucrat.

Well, the other option is agreeing with someone who doesn't understand that to fill paperwork you have to actuallt fill it r that what you fill is not read by the person attending you. :lol:


I have another one. You know that when they try to sell male higiene products they compare it to "manly" things like racing. Now there's this Gillete commercial when they want to compare a bland product with their awesomesauce razors. They put a man in front of a microphone and he shaves half of his beard with a normal razor. It sounds liek one would expect. Of course, the Gillete Razor, being better, sounds like a RACING CAR AND THUS IS BETTER.

I can't stop laughing at that one.

Oh, and there's another Gillete commercial where they don't even care and they just present the razor in the very same way as one asks a mechanist what's the problem with your car. With giant razor being lifted and everything.

User avatar
Briareos
Posts: 1940
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:40 pm UTC
Location: Town of the Big House

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby Briareos » Mon May 31, 2010 7:26 pm UTC

A commercial just tried to sell me a soap dispenser that dispenses automatically without a pump. One should avoid a soap pump, I was told, because it may accumulate germs. Never mind the fact that you'd only touch the pump in the course of washing your hands.
Sandry wrote:Bless you, Briareos.

Blriaraisghaasghoasufdpt.
Oregonaut wrote:Briareos is my new bestest friend.

ftarp
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:29 pm UTC

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby ftarp » Mon May 31, 2010 10:00 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
ftarp wrote:And cocaine is far more expensive than marijuana - there's no benefit for the dealer.
Sure there is. You give it a name like Calamazoo Blast and charge more - more than enough to cover the cost of the coke (or whatever) you're mixing in there. Since it's a black market, though, you're pretty much trusting the dealer when they say that Michigan Dank is only really, really good pot and nothing else and that's why it costs double.

But you can call regular pot Calamazoo Blast and charge double for it. I get your point, though. And drug dealers =/= perfect logic machines. Probably by definition.

User avatar
Dason
Posts: 1311
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:06 am UTC
Location: ~/

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby Dason » Mon May 31, 2010 11:07 pm UTC

ftarp wrote: And drug dealers =/= perfect logic machines. Probably by definition.

Well I'll tell you that there's no requirement for dealing drugs in the definition of a drug dealer so you're probably right.
double epsilon = -.0000001;

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26528
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby SecondTalon » Mon May 31, 2010 11:24 pm UTC

ftarp wrote:
SexyTalon wrote:
ftarp wrote:And cocaine is far more expensive than marijuana - there's no benefit for the dealer.
Sure there is. You give it a name like Calamazoo Blast and charge more - more than enough to cover the cost of the coke (or whatever) you're mixing in there. Since it's a black market, though, you're pretty much trusting the dealer when they say that Michigan Dank is only really, really good pot and nothing else and that's why it costs double.

But you can call regular pot Calamazoo Blast and charge double for it. I get your point, though. And drug dealers =/= perfect logic machines. Probably by definition.
Well, sure, for a short period of time. But no more often than once. People will pay double for shit that fucks them up more than the regular stuff, so if it's not somehow better, either through being a superior product OR through being mixed with Drain-O, people won't buy it again. And maybe not from you again. The dealer-buyer relationship is an important one, and dealers who act in bad faith don't retain customers as long.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

ftarp
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:29 pm UTC

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby ftarp » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:39 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
ftarp wrote:
SexyTalon wrote:
ftarp wrote:And cocaine is far more expensive than marijuana - there's no benefit for the dealer.
Sure there is. You give it a name like Calamazoo Blast and charge more - more than enough to cover the cost of the coke (or whatever) you're mixing in there. Since it's a black market, though, you're pretty much trusting the dealer when they say that Michigan Dank is only really, really good pot and nothing else and that's why it costs double.

But you can call regular pot Calamazoo Blast and charge double for it. I get your point, though. And drug dealers =/= perfect logic machines. Probably by definition.
Well, sure, for a short period of time. But no more often than once. People will pay double for shit that fucks them up more than the regular stuff, so if it's not somehow better, either through being a superior product OR through being mixed with Drain-O, people won't buy it again. And maybe not from you again. The dealer-buyer relationship is an important one, and dealers who act in bad faith don't retain customers as long.

Fair enough. We have a winner?

User avatar
kernelpanic
Posts: 891
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:26 am UTC
Location: 1.6180339x10^18 attoparsecs from Earth

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby kernelpanic » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:21 pm UTC

ftarp wrote:And cocaine is far more expensive than marijuana - there's no benefit for the dealer.

I had a teacher that warned us not to buy bottled water in street shops (at about 16% the price of other places) because "it has drugs", while making no mention of how the drugs were put in there, the benefit for the vendor in selling water that makes you high, and why, apparently, it's OK to buy other drinks, just not water.
I'm not disorganized. My room has a high entropy.
Bhelliom wrote:Don't forget that the cat probably knows EXACTLY what it is doing is is most likely just screwing with you. You know, for CAT SCIENCE!

Image

User avatar
Poochy
Posts: 358
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:07 am UTC

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby Poochy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:04 pm UTC

kernelpanic wrote:I had a teacher that warned us not to buy bottled water in street shops (at about 16% the price of other places) because "it has drugs", while making no mention of how the drugs were put in there, the benefit for the vendor in selling water that makes you high, and why, apparently, it's OK to buy other drinks, just not water.

Not so sure about drugs, but to my understanding, street vendors tend to fail miserably at health codes, so the water could very well be contaminated with crap you don't want to drink, unintentionally on the part of the vendor. Much like New York City's street vendors have some of the germiest hot dogs ever consumed by humans.

Name-brand drinks tend to be okay to buy anywhere 'cause you can't scoop up a puddle of rainwater, put it in a bottle, and trick people into believing it's Coke or Pepsi.
Last edited by Poochy on Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:07 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
clintonius wrote:"You like that, RIAA? Yeah, the law burns, doesn't it?"
GENERATION 63,728,127: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and divide the generation number by 2 if it's even, or multiply it by 3 then add 1 if it's odd. Social experiment.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26528
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:07 pm UTC

If it's bottled water.. I mean, I'm assuming that it's sealed, meaning the street vendor just buys it from a distributor somewhere. Health Codes don't really play in to pre-packaged food and drink, at least not at the point of sale. If there's a problem, it's in the bottling plant, not on the street.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Poochy
Posts: 358
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:07 am UTC

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby Poochy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:11 pm UTC

Yeah, if it's sealed and some kinda recognizable manufacturer is on the label, it's probably safe.

But I've heard of street vendors who go "Oh, you want bottled water? *takes an empty bottle and fills it up with tap water* Here, that'll be 30 cents."
clintonius wrote:"You like that, RIAA? Yeah, the law burns, doesn't it?"
GENERATION 63,728,127: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and divide the generation number by 2 if it's even, or multiply it by 3 then add 1 if it's odd. Social experiment.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26528
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:26 pm UTC

Oh, wow. Yeah, that'd be completely different.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

H2SO4
NOCTUNICUS, LORD OF SLEEP
Posts: 931
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:36 am UTC

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby H2SO4 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:16 pm UTC

Well, it's probably my ignorance with secretly drugging people (never lived in a city, always suburbia... sigh), but couldn't you inject drugs in through the neck of the bottle of a trusted brand, therefore no obvious hole until maybe the person already drank it?
But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams.

User avatar
GraphiteGirl
Alpha Male
Posts: 1531
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:45 pm UTC
Location: South-East Snakeville

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby GraphiteGirl » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:59 pm UTC

You could, but what would be your motivation for routinely injecting cheap water bottles with expensive drugs, unless you were a sociopath? There's no profit in it for the water seller; there's probably loss.
Sandry wrote:Man, my commitment to sparkle motion is waaaaay lower than you are intimating.

H2SO4
NOCTUNICUS, LORD OF SLEEP
Posts: 931
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:36 am UTC

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby H2SO4 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:00 pm UTC

You never know. That guy selling cheap water could be secretly a sociopath in disguise. :P
But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams.

User avatar
kernelpanic
Posts: 891
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:26 am UTC
Location: 1.6180339x10^18 attoparsecs from Earth

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby kernelpanic » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:39 pm UTC

Poochy wrote:
kernelpanic wrote:I had a teacher that warned us not to buy bottled water in street shops (at about 16% the price of other places) because "it has drugs", while making no mention of how the drugs were put in there, the benefit for the vendor in selling water that makes you high, and why, apparently, it's OK to buy other drinks, just not water.

Not so sure about drugs, but to my understanding, street vendors tend to fail miserably at health codes, so the water could very well be contaminated with crap you don't want to drink, unintentionally on the part of the vendor. Much like New York City's street vendors have some of the germiest hot dogs ever consumed by humans.

Name-brand drinks tend to be okay to buy anywhere 'cause you can't scoop up a puddle of rainwater, put it in a bottle, and trick people into believing it's Coke or Pepsi.

Bottled water, from a well known brand, sealed. No one in their right mind would buy tap water from the street.
I'm not disorganized. My room has a high entropy.
Bhelliom wrote:Don't forget that the cat probably knows EXACTLY what it is doing is is most likely just screwing with you. You know, for CAT SCIENCE!

Image

User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
Posts: 3819
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby Giant Speck » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:58 pm UTC

kernelpanic wrote:Bottled water, from a well known brand, sealed. No one in their right mind would buy tap water from the street.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would buy tap water, period.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

User avatar
pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man
Posts: 5100
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 pm UTC
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby pseudoidiot » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:04 pm UTC

Giant Speck wrote:
kernelpanic wrote:Bottled water, from a well known brand, sealed. No one in their right mind would buy tap water from the street.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would buy tap water, period.
I'll refrain from asserting my level of sanity, but my monthly water bill is around $35.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
Posts: 3819
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby Giant Speck » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:09 pm UTC

pseudoidiot wrote:
Giant Speck wrote:
kernelpanic wrote:Bottled water, from a well known brand, sealed. No one in their right mind would buy tap water from the street.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would buy tap water, period.
I'll refrain from asserting my level of sanity, but my monthly water bill is around $35.

That isn't what I meant; I meant that no one in their right mind would buy tap water in a money-for-immediate-consumption exchange.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

User avatar
GhostWolfe
Broken wings and scattered feathers
Posts: 3892
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 11:56 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Aust
Contact:

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby GhostWolfe » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:06 pm UTC

GhostWolfe wrote:If I remember tomorrow, I'll see if I can get a photo of the posters while I'm at the station.
They changed the poster rotation. No grim anti-drug campaigning, just shiny cars and anti-littering posters.

/angell
Linguistic Anarchist
Hawknc: ANGELL IS SERIOUS BUSINESS :-[
lesliesage: Animals dunked in crude oil: sad. Animals dunked in boiling oil: tasty.
Belial: I was in your mom's room all night committing to a series of extended military actions.

EmptySet
Posts: 1196
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:33 am UTC

Re: Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Postby EmptySet » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:57 am UTC

Giant Speck wrote:I meant that no one in their right mind would buy tap water in a money-for-immediate-consumption exchange.


Are you sure?


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests