The big-Mistake thread

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Alcari

The big-Mistake thread

Postby Alcari » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:49 pm UTC

Post your mistakes here. Shouldn't have bought that second Shushi set? Should have told your friend what you really think about his drawing? Shouldn't have gone to the mall today?

Post it here.
I'm made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

free manga and anime music

Alcari

Postby Alcari » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:51 pm UTC

I shouldn't have made this thread three times...

FiercestCalm

Postby FiercestCalm » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:55 pm UTC

Alcari wrote:I shouldn't have made this thread three times...

Haha, I'm sorry, but that's an awesome mistake.

I shouldn't have studied abroad in the semester when I missed all of my family's birthdays, my boyfriend's birthday and graduation, my sister's graduation, and my one year anniversary with the boyfriend.
Fall would've been much less hot, too.

Vaniver

Postby Vaniver » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:33 pm UTC

I shouldn't have taken business classes in high school, and taken more science classes instead.
I mostly post over at LessWrong now.

Avatar from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, owned by Hasbro.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:57 pm UTC

I shouldn't be posting to fora while at work.

I shouldn't have drank all night saturday night.

I shouldn't have taken up smoking.

And I really shouldn't eat fish and chips for lunch, but I'm going to do it anyway.
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

Eleven

Postby Eleven » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:29 pm UTC

I really shouldn't be staying up until 3AM online, especially since I have a job as of today and my internal clock is all screwed up.

I shouldn't have moved to Gainesville. It sucks more ass than... a disturbing mental image of someone/something sucking lots of ass.

Marbas

Postby Marbas » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:47 pm UTC

I shouldn't have slacked off so much in school. Now I will never get into an Ivy. A measly 3.5 GPA does not take one very far.

Also, I should have been more vigilant towards the warning signs of an incoming crush. Now I've fallen in like with someone.

Damn it all.
Jahoclave wrote:Do you have any idea how much more fun the holocaust is with "Git er Done" as the catch phrase?

haveblue

Postby haveblue » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:12 pm UTC

I shouldn't have stayed up as late as I did.

I should have made sure my facebook application actually worked before I let it go public and let 226 people add a broken application.

niko7865

Postby niko7865 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:18 pm UTC

I shouldn't spend so much time on digg/reddit. I should spend more time on school and less time researching subjects/papers/theories that interest me.
21/m/athletic/white&nerdy/washington/straight/???

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:30 pm UTC

"hey, this dresser sure is heavy. And it sure is a *huge* step down from the edge of this U-haul. I could set the dresser down on the edge, jump down, and then pick it up again.....

....or I could jump down, holding the dresser...."

::loud noise of a 200 pound dresser cracking me in the skull as I jump down with it in my arms::

"....Ow."
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

PatrickRsGhost

Postby PatrickRsGhost » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:32 pm UTC

FiercestCalm wrote:I shouldn't have studied abroad in the semester when I missed all of my family's birthdays, my boyfriend's birthday and graduation, my sister's graduation, and my one year anniversary with the boyfriend.
Fall would've been much less hot, too.

I wouldn't have minded studying abroad...

*RIMSHOT*
PRG

An important message for you:

MFHodge

Postby MFHodge » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:06 pm UTC

Belial wrote:::loud noise of a 200 pound dresser cracking me in the skull as I jump down with it in my arms::

"....Ow."

Sounds like you are lucky that you even could say "ow".

Belial

Postby Belial » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:11 pm UTC

Sounds like you are lucky that you even could say "ow".

If it hadn't been still half-on the truck, I probably would've been saying something like "It sure was nice when I had ribs".

Instead, it just swung down onto my head, and my head can take ridiculous punishment. But it's not like it was comfortable.

They/them

TheTankengine
Our Fora-father

Postby TheTankengine » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:26 pm UTC

I should have stopped partying before 4:30 this morning when i needed to be at work at 7:00.
be centered
be compassionate
be interesting

deadly penguin

Postby deadly penguin » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:03 pm UTC

I should have tried harder in junior high, so I wouldn't have been put in the low classes in highschool >.<

Should have stayed with my dad and gone to a good school (It's pretty sad. The highschool I go to now once had the same math book for freshmen that I had in the 7th grade...) also they say 1=/=.999... >.<

the Cow
Today India, tomorrow the world!

Postby the Cow » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:22 pm UTC

I should never have started smoking.
...the whim of a hat.

Twasbrillig
Tawsbirlig

Postby Twasbrillig » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:42 pm UTC

I shouldn't have bought that 300g bag of Munchies (they're chips, but its a mix of Doritos, Sun Chips, pretzels, and Cheetos all in one bag). I'm attempting to lose weight this summer.
I want to have Bakemaster's babies. It's possible, with science.

I wonder if you can see...
...what is wrong with my signature?

wing wrote:I'm sorry... But that was THE funniest thing I've ever read on the interbutts.

Alcari

Postby Alcari » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:03 pm UTC

Marbas wrote:I shouldn't have slacked off so much in school. Now I will never get into an Ivy. A measly 3.5 GPA does not take one very far.

IIRC 3.5 is something along the lines of "medium-high above average"? (note, i have no idea what Ivy is, other then a plant)

I shouldn't have lost the key to mailbox this afternoon....

Marbas

Postby Marbas » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:04 pm UTC

Alcari wrote:
Marbas wrote:I shouldn't have slacked off so much in school. Now I will never get into an Ivy. A measly 3.5 GPA does not take one very far.

IIRC 3.5 is something along the lines of "medium-high above average"? (note, i have no idea what Ivy is, other then a plant)

Yes you are recalling correctly, however, Ivy refers to a set of top level universities in this context. Apparently I have the ballpark SAT scores, but my GPA will kill my chances of getting in.
Last edited by Marbas on Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:05 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Jahoclave wrote:Do you have any idea how much more fun the holocaust is with "Git er Done" as the catch phrase?

Belial

Postby Belial » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:05 pm UTC

note, i have no idea what Ivy is, other then a plant)

A family of universities (Harvard, Yale, etcetera) who charge an enormous amount above and beyond other schools, for the privelege of having their name attached to your degree.

The educational equivelent of clothes that are drastically overpriced for reasons of their name-brand alone.

They/them

Marbas

Postby Marbas » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:06 pm UTC

Belial wrote:
note, i have no idea what Ivy is, other then a plant)

A family of universities (Harvard, Yale, etcetera) who charge an enormous amount above and beyond other schools, for the privelege of having their name attached to your degree.

The educational equivelent of clothes that are drastically overpriced for reasons of their name-brand alone.

Exactly. I probably should have just said "Highly-selective universities" because I don't actually have my eye on many real Ivy leagues, because not many of them are well known for engineering.

But Ivy is shorter to type :P .

robinberghuys

Postby robinberghuys » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:58 pm UTC

Mistake: I might win two ipods on ebay. What am I gonna do with two ipods? I can be such a dumbass sometimes.. guess I'll know in about 3 hours and 40 minutes.

arcticfox.sq

Postby arcticfox.sq » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:59 pm UTC

You could give one to me :D Thanks *yoink*

the Cow
Today India, tomorrow the world!

Postby the Cow » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:03 am UTC

robinberghuys wrote:What am I gonna do with two ipods?

Got a really good friend without one?
...the whim of a hat.

joeframbach

Postby joeframbach » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:04 am UTC

robinberghuys wrote:Mistake: I might win two ipods on ebay. What am I gonna do with two ipods? I can be such a dumbass sometimes.. guess I'll know in about 3 hours and 40 minutes.
Even owning one is a mistake :-/

Mother Superior
Better than tea

Postby Mother Superior » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:04 am UTC

I shouldn't not have been drinking all night last night. I really regret that.
My crappy creepy? Crabby? My crabby blog.
"She bore also the fruitless deep with his raging swell, Pontus, without sweet union of love."
- Hesiod, Theogony

robinberghuys

Postby robinberghuys » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:21 am UTC

I figured I can always sell the one I like least, or, if I find a special lady, give it to her.

aldimond
Otter-duck

Postby aldimond » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:48 am UTC

*Hides sledgehammer behind back*

*Dons special lady costume*
One of these days my desk is going to collapse in the middle and all its weight will come down on my knee and tear my new fake ACL. It could be tomorrow. This is my concern.

Vaniver

Postby Vaniver » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:10 am UTC

aldimond wrote:*Dons special lady costume*
You wear that often?
I mostly post over at LessWrong now.

Avatar from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, owned by Hasbro.

Twasbrillig
Tawsbirlig

Postby Twasbrillig » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:43 am UTC

Vaniver wrote:
aldimond wrote:*Dons special lady costume*
You wear that often?

It's actually become permabonded to his body.
I want to have Bakemaster's babies. It's possible, with science.

I wonder if you can see...
...what is wrong with my signature?

wing wrote:I'm sorry... But that was THE funniest thing I've ever read on the interbutts.

saxything43

Postby saxything43 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:54 am UTC

*in a loud and carrying voice* I have never made a mistake EVER!!

Certainly not one that involved posting private relationship information to fora and assuming it was ok based solely on internet anonymity....some of you know how THAT turned out.
This post brought you to by the number 42.

une see
Is my girl

Postby une see » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:37 am UTC

Yesterday, I was at a mountain resort, and there was a "rock scramble" activity. It was actually pretty fun, and supposedly all I had to do was follow the red arrows, and I would make it to a place called Sky Top, and then I could head back down.

Well...I followed the red arrows, but there were so many, and somehow I ended up on a trail called Birchen Path that I didn't even know existed! So I decided to walk all the way back to the hotel using the hiking trails (85 miles of them!), and when I finally emerged from the forest, I was at a road quite a few miles from the hotel.

Thankfully, I managed to hitchhike back, but my parents were really worried, needless to say, and I wasn't too happy about getting lost, either...

Anyway, I make mistakes all the time, but most of them involve major overeating. And saying really stupid things.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:24 am UTC

I should have stopped to re-tie my shoe: I ran a half-marathon on Sunday. My right toe was banging against the front of my shoe the last hour. My right big toe nail is dark purple today. I have been informed by numerous independent sources that toe nails fall off after they turn this colour. This is going to be an attractive summer :roll:

wing
the /b/slayer

Postby wing » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:51 am UTC

Belial wrote:"hey, this dresser sure is heavy. And it sure is a *huge* step down from the edge of this U-haul. I could set the dresser down on the edge, jump down, and then pick it up again.....

....or I could jump down, holding the dresser...."

::loud noise of a 200 pound dresser cracking me in the skull as I jump down with it in my arms::

"....Ow."
U-haul was your mistake there.

I comparison-drove a 26ft UHaul and a 26ft Commercial Penske on my move to my cohabitation. The UHaul was one of their regular civvie jobs, all nice, new and shiny. It drove like ass, even though it was pretty new (1-2 years at the MOST). Didn't like starting, had visible damage on the undercarriage and visible hack-and-slash repairs on the engine. The low deck, in theory, is nice. Until you realize that you have to lift large items up 2 feet to get onto it, or use the provided "ramp" and some dollys. The ramp is WAY too thin for large items or anything that requires a dolly configuration other than "one, in the middle", nevermind that the dolly wheels are too small the negotiate the lips at the top and bottom.

The Penske, on the other hand, was shiny, brand new and ran like a champ. It was full loading dock height, but that didn't matter a damn bit, because small items were just as easy to slap on the tailgate and have someone in the truck stacking up (if you're actually walking into ANY rental truck every time you bring a small box out, you're doing it wrong and wasting HUGE amounts of time and energy). For the big items, it has a hydraulic lift gate rated to like 11ty billion pounds. Start the truck (to charge the hydraulics), flip off the hydraulic safety, walk 'round back, unfold the lift, lift or roll the mofo onto the lift gate, and with the toggle of a switch, you just lifted $heavy_item the to the requisite height. The truck was also easier to drive and better equipped than the uhaul.

In short, don't use uhaul. Moving OUT of the cohabitation involved 2 26ft Penskes. And yes, between the two of us we had two damned 26ft trucks worth of stuff in this 1bed/1bath + rec room + office + kitchen "apartment". To be fair, though, you could've parked the two trucks side-by-side in our rec room.

And on that subject, my biggest mistake is the aforementioned cohabitation.

FiercestCalm

Postby FiercestCalm » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:43 am UTC

I made the mistake of clicking on that 'huge boobs huge boobs big boobs' thread. I thought the title was meant to be funny and spam-like, but I forgot that sometimes there is spam on here. All I got was a bunch of naked ladies.

Marbas

Postby Marbas » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:50 am UTC

FiercestCalm wrote:I made the mistake of clicking on that 'huge boobs huge boobs big boobs' thread. I thought the title was meant to be funny and spam-like, but I forgot that sometimes there is spam on here. All I got was a bunch of naked ladies.

I have to wonder...
Why is that thread still there?

semicolon

Postby semicolon » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:55 am UTC

FiercestCalm wrote:I made the mistake of clicking on that 'huge boobs huge boobs big boobs' thread.

I find the third picture in that thread kind of funny. It's pages and pages of girls, and then out of nowhere there's a picture where a scrotum takes up ~3/4 of the frame and the girl is kind of on the periphery.

Toeofdoom
The (Male) Skeleton Guitarist

Postby Toeofdoom » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:52 am UTC

Marbas wrote:
FiercestCalm wrote:I made the mistake of clicking on that 'huge boobs huge boobs big boobs' thread. I thought the title was meant to be funny and spam-like, but I forgot that sometimes there is spam on here. All I got was a bunch of naked ladies.

I have to wonder...
Why is that thread still there?

There have been a few that went a fair way before being deleted I've noticed too :S

Stupid things I've done... not realise until I'm not actually going to see a girl again possibly ever (or atleast not for a while...) that I really want to ask her out.
Hawknc wrote:Gotta love our political choices here - you can pick the unionised socially conservative party, or the free-market even more socially conservative party. Oh who to vote for…I don't know, I think I'll just flip a coin and hope it explodes and kills me.

Website

jayjaywalker3

Postby jayjaywalker3 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:04 am UTC

Shouldn't have stayed up so late tonight. I also shouldn't have tried to jump over a fence with spikes lining the top.

jmrz
I am going to attempt to use this. I just have to wait for the opportune moment.

Postby jmrz » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:54 am UTC

I should have studied a bit more.
Alisto wrote:jmrz is awesome in ways that mere mortals cannot hope to comprehend.

Return to “General”