Where the gell is "Learning Curve" comic?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Magistrates, Prelates, Moderators General

Where the gell is "Learning Curve" comic?

Postby rda_Highlander » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:11 pm UTC

Okay, this might sound a bit strange, but anyway. Where the hell is located comic about Learning curves of different games? The one with Dwarf Fortress?
I know it seems that I'm not used to "Search" button, but it's nowhere to be found! I've scrolled through half of XKCD archive, I've spend hours searching for it in the Internet, I've even found a cheap "MMO" knock-off, but damn it, is it just my imagination? Tell me, if I'm schyzophreniac or just dumb? I might also misspelled the word "schyzophreniac".
Yes, this is the reason I've registered.
rda_Highlander

Re: Where the gell is "Learning Curve" comic?

Postby philsov » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:59 pm UTC

it's not xkcd in the first place.

typing in "learning curve dwarf fortress" into google images garners 4 identical pictures as primary selection. That's probably what you want.

that said, I'm pretty sure it's just a photoshop. I seem to recall that image modified for several games, earliest of which (ancedotally) is EVE Online
The time and seasons go on, but all the rhymes and reasons are wrong
I know I'll discover after its all said and done I should've been a nun.
philsov
Not a fan of Diane Kruger

Postby rda_Highlander » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:08 pm UTC

Yes, you're right. And right now, when I tried to google it, it actually showed me what I needed. Damn cursed internet. Anyway, it still looks a lot like a typical XKCD for me. X)
rda_Highlander

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:45 pm UTC

Huh. I always found it as this

"When Archie is too progressive for you, that's how science identifies you as an earlier species" - Luke McKinney, Cracked.com

Honestly, if you're talking BBQ and 'a guy in a parking lot' isn't part of the conversation, something's wrong."
SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SlyReaper » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:00 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Huh. I always found it as this

I'm pretty sure this one was the original. Especially since Eve hasn't been called "The Second Genesis" for years and years and years.
What would Baron Harkonnen do?
SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby Aaeriele » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:09 am UTC

Yeah, I've always seen it for EVE as well.
Vaniver wrote:Harvard is a hedge fund that runs the most prestigious dating agency in the world, and incidentally employs famous scientists to do research.

afuzzyduck wrote:ITS MEANT TO BE FLUTTERSHY BUT I JUST SEE AAERIELE! CURSE YOU FORA!
Aaeriele

Postby Dobblesworth » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:28 pm UTC

It'd be an xkcd if the text weren't printed throughout as some generic sans serif font out of a word processor. I can certainly vouch for, in my experience, the EVE one being the original. Heck look at the Dwarf Fortress one and we see plenty of contradictions in typeface/capitalisation. It's particularly flawed if we don't know which Halo/Starcraft we're talking about. Mayyybe there's proof with the changed state of the game in its 6-7 year past that it's a very approachable learning curve to begin with, but downgrading it to make the opening 'half' of the curve easier than Halo is rather debatable.
Position vacant: new signature. No experience necessary, apply within.
User title GET.
Dobblesworth
Dobblesworth, here's the title you requested over three years ago. -Banana

Return to General