Secret Admirers

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:52 am UTC

Castaway wrote:
Jesster wrote:I constantly carry a notepad with me anyway, so once (Back in my shy days) I approached a woman with a piece of paper torn form it. On it were the words "I am afraid your beauty has quite stolen my voice at this moment in time. However, if you'd like to go for coffee with me I am sure it will return in short order."

Did it work? I would have thought you were childish and disingenuous (no offense).

I was childish, although the note completely told the truth. I used to have an easier time writing things down than I did talking to people until I rationalised that they are pretty much the same thing.

And yeah it worked, we're now really good friends.

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:03 am UTC

une see wrote:I totally clarified that I don't actually get turned on by bestiality. Well, kind of...I'm not a furry-lover.

Was joke, was joke. No accusations of furry-dom, I promise.

Castaway wrote:Belial puts the best in bestiality.

Must...not...sig...

As Belial's statement here is just about exactly my feelings in the area, I am now no longer convinced that he is not an elaborate illusion created by my repressed personality (who has dreams of genetically engineering raptors) whose sole purpose is to slowly drive me to such a point of insanity that he'll finally be able to take over my body and work unleash his raptor terror unto the world.

The First rule is: You do not talk about Jurassic Club
The Second rule is: You do NOT talk about Jurassic Club

(Yes, I'm aware raptors were from the Cretaceous period, but much as velociraptor is a more fun name than utahraptor, so too is Jurassic a more fun name than Cretaceous)
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

une see
Is my girl

Postby une see » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:20 am UTC

Belial wrote:
As Belial's statement here is just about exactly my feelings in the area, I am now no longer convinced that he is not an elaborate illusion created by my repressed personality (who has dreams of genetically engineering raptors) whose sole purpose is to slowly drive me to such a point of insanity that he'll finally be able to take over my body and work unleash his raptor terror unto the world.

The First rule is: You do not talk about Jurassic Club
The Second rule is: You do NOT talk about Jurassic Club

(Yes, I'm aware raptors were from the Cretaceous period, but much as velociraptor is a more fun name than utahraptor, so too is Jurassic a more fun name than Cretaceous)

What? Utahraptor is an awesome name. Don't know what kind of drugs you've been taking lately...And same with Cretaceous. It rhymes with spacious. What does Jurassic rhyme with? Dodo-assic? (Classic doesn't count. It's a stupid word, anyway.)

Edited for word change.
T.S. Eliot in "The Waste Land" wrote:APRIL is the cruellest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain.

jmrz
I am going to attempt to use this. I just have to wait for the opportune moment.

Postby jmrz » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:13 pm UTC

Jesster wrote:I constantly carry a notepad with me anyway, so once (Back in my shy days) I approached a woman with a piece of paper torn form it. On it were the words "I am afraid your beauty has quite stolen my voice at this moment in time. However, if you'd like to go for coffee with me I am sure it will return in short order."

That is made of "awww".

My best (guy) friend, who I have known since we were in preschool together (from about the age of 4), admitted to having been in love with me about the middle of last year - while I was happily in a relationship. Basically, I kind of figured it out and got him to confirm it. The reason I figured it out? He went through this phase of trying to find girls that were like me, in some way or another, but just not me. He would then come and complain to me about how they were "not normal" and that I was "the only normal girl he knew" and he just wanted "someone sane and normal". Subtlety isn't really one of his strong points.

He has dated other girls, one turned out to be rather religious and rather insane and the other turned out to be completely mean and horrible to him and cheated on him and ignored him. Cue, more of the "normal girl" stuff.

Aside from all of that, I have been spending the past few weeks making out with said best friend. So I guess his years of waiting and trying to find another 'me' payed off.
Alisto wrote:jmrz is awesome in ways that mere mortals cannot hope to comprehend.

German Sausage
3 of 5

Postby German Sausage » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:14 pm UTC

careful, you'll get all our hopes up...
<bakemaster> Only German Sausage can prevent forest fires
<felstaff> Hype is like a giant disappointment ray aimed squarely at the finished article.
<watson> Treat me like a criminal, Holmes!
TMT4L

rockintom99

Postby rockintom99 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:58 pm UTC

German Sausage wrote:careful, you'll get all our hopes up...

Speak for yourself. I have no hope! :D
THIS IS A SIGNATURE.

PS_Mouse

Postby PS_Mouse » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:30 pm UTC

And I don't know which way is up.
I think I used to have a porpoise; then again, that might have been a dream. | Eternal life comes to those who wait
Never forget how the brave Tenzing Norgay outsmarted the evil Edmund Hillary

une see
Is my girl

Postby une see » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:19 pm UTC

I know which way is up, and I have hopes, but sadly, they are currently being oppressed under the totalitarian regime my insecurities are running in my brain. It's a very tough world, up here.
T.S. Eliot in "The Waste Land" wrote:APRIL is the cruellest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain.

wing
the /b/slayer

Postby wing » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:24 pm UTC

jmrz wrote:Aside from all of that, I have been spending the past few weeks making out with said best friend. So I guess his years of waiting and trying to find another 'me' payed off.
You and your hope-up-getting.

9 years, 355 days and counting...

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:15 pm UTC

Damn, me typing out the Louise stuff made me remember how we got together. As said in the other thread, we'd been best friends for a while, and I'd got her together with my cousin. Both knew I had feelings for her, but this never got in the way of our triad. Anyway, they ended up breaking up and, one night I was sat talking to Louise and I just turned to her and said "What would you do if I kissed you?"

Her reply was "I don't know." So I thought I'd give it a try. Worked out rather wonderfully for me (For the most part).

rockintom99

Postby rockintom99 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:27 pm UTC

wing wrote:
jmrz wrote:Aside from all of that, I have been spending the past few weeks making out with said best friend. So I guess his years of waiting and trying to find another 'me' payed off.
You and your hope-up-getting.

9 years, 355 days and counting...

19 years, 266 days and counting...
THIS IS A SIGNATURE.

German Sausage
3 of 5

Postby German Sausage » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:41 pm UTC

like, six months, and i've pursued other people while i've been going about this admiration. and it's not actually secret, its just that nothing happened when i told her. it's more unrequited than secret.
<bakemaster> Only German Sausage can prevent forest fires
<felstaff> Hype is like a giant disappointment ray aimed squarely at the finished article.
<watson> Treat me like a criminal, Holmes!
TMT4L

Castaway
Mr. Fancy-Pants

Postby Castaway » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:25 am UTC

Belial wrote:
Castaway wrote:Belial puts the best in bestiality.

Must...not...sig...

dooo it.... do it.... c'mon, i made that up all by myself. It wasn't even like some crap I read off a bumpersticker.
You've just lost twenty dollars and my self respect.

Rat wrote: so i sprinted back down this hill like a fucking mountain goat

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:17 am UTC

i'll put in that girls do it too.

i've told maybe 2 of the people i've had crushes on. the rest were just avoidance and fearful longing glances at the backs of their heads.

MAN i'm glad i have a stable relationship now. i can openly stare at the back of his head <3

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

pollywog
Let's party like it's my postcount

Postby pollywog » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:16 am UTC

apocralypse wrote:MAN i'm glad i have a stable relationship now. i can openly stare at the back of his head <3

This is the main difference between males and females. Back of his head (why, may I ask?) vs front of her chest without getting slapped.
suffer-cait wrote:hey, guys?
i'm fucking magic

Jauss

Postby Jauss » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:44 am UTC

Because either you're in class or something and that's the part of him you can see or because you wanna stare at him without the possibility of him seeing you do it. I doubt she stares at the back of his head now that they're together (at least not when she could be staring at other things.)

Not that I would know or anything. *Cough*
"Four out of five dentists prefer asses to hearts." - The Mighty Thesaurus

pollywog
Let's party like it's my postcount

Postby pollywog » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:18 am UTC

I know it's probably worse for women getting stared at, but seriously, if anyone stared at the back of my head I'd be worried that they were going to try to steal my brain.
suffer-cait wrote:hey, guys?
i'm fucking magic

Return to “General”