Sleep-time holodeck experiences

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Plankton

Re: What were your dreams last night?

Postby Plankton » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:39 pm UTC

I dreamed I was being eaten by a greenhouse. I was just lying there, and it was slowly but surely consuming me. I did not feel scared. I was resigned to my fate. It was strange.

PatrickRsGhost

Postby PatrickRsGhost » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:59 am UTC

Knowing you're only going to get 4 hours of sleep before having to get up for work can provide for some really fucked up dreams.

Spoiler'd to prevent tossed cookies, lost appetites, and fucking up others' dreams. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Spoiler:
I dreamed that we (my parents and I) were living in the old farm house, and I had been picking up the dead roses and other flowers my dad had cut down, that were now littering the front porch. Some of the roses were small, and instead of the big thorns they have, these were more like the barbs on a cactus, but smaller. When I picked them up, some of the thorns were getting into my right hand. As I was pulling them out, they were getting deeper and deeper into the skin, until finally I ended up peeling back the skin across the palm of my hand, and the palm side of the fingers as well. The bones looked a little different than I expected, more like a string of plastic parts for a model, on one stick. I was having to put my shoes with my left hand, and told my parents we needed to go to the hospital. I showed them why, and my mom asked if I had been picking up the roses. I first said no, then said yes. She said they would have to look for corn. Not thorns, corn. She then began to set the skin right, by taking band-aids and crisscrossing them over my fingers (one side of a band-aid on top of first finger; other side on bottom of next finger). About half-way through I woke up.
PRG

An important message for you:

emceng

Postby emceng » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:37 pm UTC

I woke up and thought "I have to remember this one and write it down". The only thing I remember now is that one of my teeth broke into 4 pieces and fell out. I was wandering around holding the pieces in my hand, trying to go get it fixed.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

RainbowTwink
Location: I wish I was cool enough to tell you, but you aren't cool enough to know.

Postby RainbowTwink » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:18 pm UTC

I think I dreamt my b/f and I were doing some stuff. I read a few articles on modern fashion and had Guetta/Madonna/Britney on all night.
I totally pulled a Brian Austin Green! Yo!

IcedT

Postby IcedT » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:22 pm UTC

emceng wrote:I woke up and thought "I have to remember this one and write it down". The only thing I remember now is that one of my teeth broke into 4 pieces and fell out. I was wandering around holding the pieces in my hand, trying to go get it fixed.
A few years back I had a dream like that, except instead of it being one of my teeth it was my left nut (true story).

Ortus
Fluffy

Postby Ortus » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:08 am UTC

I had a dream once, and it was a dream where I wrote all my dreams down on a special notepad - so I could remember them. As they were important dreams. 'Tis the only dream I remember :(
roband wrote:Face, yes. Chest, probably. Pubic area, maybe. Scrotum, not a fucking chance.

Promicin

Postby Promicin » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:44 pm UTC

Someone had stolen our van. Some people came with a new one, and inside was someone claiming to be my friend Zoey (although I didn't recognize her, since I haven't seen her in years) and a friend of hers. We want to go to the mall, and I'm very surprised that my mom is letting me go on my own, especially since it's nighttime and by the time we walk there, the cupcakes will be ready (why we're walking, I don't know), but Mom will meet us at the mall later.
It's very important that we get there in 30 minutes or less, and I'm having trouble with the sidewalks and the remote-control mouse I brought along, but we get there eventually (fun fact: whenever I dream about the mall, it's always a mix between two different malls I've been to).
The first store we go to is an antiques/restaurant/nursing home. One rude shopper has brought her Irish Wolfhound on a 100-foot leash that keeps getting tangled on doors, ceilings, and me.
I stop to talk to an old man, a WWII-vet-type. He says, "What's that ticking sound?" I hear it, too, and I say, "I think it's a clock." To which he replies, rather explosively, "DAMN CASIO BASTARDS!"

Funny how my brain chose to scream at a random watch manufactor, and my alarm wasn't even going off when I woke up.

TimelordSimone

Postby TimelordSimone » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:17 pm UTC

I was watching a trailer for Derren Brown, which consisted of Derren Brown talking animatedly to the camera. He was telling me to do things with his voodoo mind control, and I did not like it.
I mostly lurk. Hello.

Kang

Postby Kang » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:53 pm UTC

I dreamed I was working in a hospital. And someone I really can't stand being around was my roommate in an apartment about the size of four phone booths. And then he kept stealing my towel so I got mad and we fought. Silly dream.

Promicin

Postby Promicin » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:30 pm UTC

I had this great idea to rob a gas station and not be caught. Me and my partner in crime (PIC) had it all planned out. He parked the van, and we went inside, but I immediately chickened out, so we tried to change our burglary into a shopping trip. Unfortunatly, the clerk sees the van parked illegaly, and figures out that it's the getaway car. Then she and PIC are working together to catch me, and I hear her say "Get her to the van, but don't tell her about the chains.
I escape, and end up with my two (real-life) friends. One is tinkering with an electronic scoreboard.
Then I'm in a house full of drawings, and despite not having been there in years, I can tell that they've replaced a drawing of a blonde Indian girl in a pink sari with a drawing of a couple in a red hovercar. One of my friends jokes about it, and is surprised that I noticed. "I'm like the Mentalist," I say.
Now it's turned into a spy-thriller, and we find Sari-girl at the Canadian border. She's in the witness protection now, and wears a suit over her sari. She says something cryptic in French; the only word I catch is "allouette," which means "hair" (I don't speak French, but I'm 99% sure it doesn't. Isn't it "blackbird" or "starling" or something?). She leaves, but not before asking me what I liked best about knowing her. I say "Our Cybill," Cybill being a noun that means "The psychic bond between two women."

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:11 pm UTC

Promicin wrote: (I don't speak French, but I'm 99% sure it doesn't. Isn't it "blackbird" or "starling" or something?).

It's a bird.

Promicin

Postby Promicin » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:25 pm UTC

Menacing Spike wrote:
Promicin wrote: (I don't speak French, but I'm 99% sure it doesn't. Isn't it "blackbird" or "starling" or something?).

It's a bird.

I thought so, but I woke up with a wicked headache, so I couldn't be sure. Why do I always forget to Google things? Why do I keep confusing birds for hair? Why do I get all phillosophical when I'm sick?

Earl Grey

Postby Earl Grey » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:43 pm UTC

I dreamed I was heading to a large department store which was being descended upon by thousands of panicked shoppers, crashing their vehicles in the parking lot and elbowing their way to the door. I calmly picked my way through the chaos because I really wanted some chocolate, and was buying in bulk today. Almost to the candy aisles, I laid down in the middle of the floor to listen to a Radiohead song which I'd never heard before (and doesn't actually exist, which is a shame cause it was bloody cool). The recording quality of the vocals was very reminiscent of the 1960s, but the instruments were cleaner, and sounded kind of a like a blend between 'Optimistic', 'In Limbo' and 'Weird Fishes', but with a groovy, energetic, picked acoustic guitar riff driving it at the beginning.

I was then woken up by my phone ringing and someone asking for Gord (not my name). I never got my chocolate.
"You're human, which is sort of like an ape that builds airplanes and gets depressed over stupid shit."

~Tac-Tics

New User

Postby New User » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:17 pm UTC

Really, I didn't think I was nerdy enough to dream this Star Trek/Wars mashup...

Deanna Troi and Beverly Crusher were somehow the only two people aboard the new Hurricane-class starship, which was the Super Star Destroyer from Return of the Jedi. Captain Picard and Darth Vader were worried that the starship was going to be destroyed and both crew members lost, since Troi and Crusher have no experience operating starships. But they proved surprisingly competent in piloting a ship meant for a crew of two hundred, somehow operating the ship from inside a small round room with no gravity.

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:23 pm UTC

Promicin wrote:
Menacing Spike wrote:

It's a bird.

I thought so, but I woke up with a wicked headache, so I couldn't be sure. Why do I always forget to Google things? Why do I keep confusing birds for hair? Why do I get all phillosophical when I'm sick?

Actually, the Alouette is pretty obscure even in France.
If not for that creepy nursery song about skinning it, pretty much no one would recognise the name. French nursery song are also about mariners eating each other out of starvation, hearthbreak, and plunging rodents into boiling oil.

I SHALL SING YOU THE SONG OF MY PEOPLE

Nautilus

Postby Nautilus » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:00 pm UTC

Me and a group of friends were on a bus with a group of marines, having just been evacuated from our school (Which didn't actually happen in the dream, but had just happened. You know what I mean). One of the marines is giving all of us vaccines of this glowing green stuff. I ask him why and he says that the infection is bacterial but vaccines still work. Then, the bus crashes through a fence and we're in this industrial complex of military buildings near my school (Which actually is near an army base). One of the marines hands us a bag of orange day-glo armbands and says "Put these on their arms if they're fresh. C'mon, go!" And the marines are running off along the road and we run into the complex- which is full of zombies. We try to put armbands on them, but fail. My friends slowly get picked off and I am basically hitting everything with a small wooden stick until I'm surrounded. Then they jump at me- and I wake up.
And someone dressed in white pulls a metal cable out of my head and says "Good job in that simulation."
Then I wake up for real.

I'm still considering turning this into a work of short fiction- apparently my brain is very creative
My flagella bring all the boys to the yard

reflex

Postby reflex » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:58 pm UTC

I rode a skate board down a 40,000 foot high roller coaster...
then once I was at the bottom, I went into a Japanese game show where you stack cars on top of each other using a crane...

no idea what's going on inside my head
Magnanimous wrote:It's more like a big blob of wibbley wobbley... timey wimey... stuff.

Oregonaut wrote:Sun eating thing. It eats sun. Its green by eating sun.

Oregonaut wrote:YOU! With the bear...

mrfufu

Postby mrfufu » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:45 am UTC

In the category of strange dreams, I think I have most of you beat.

In my dream I was asleep in an unfamiliar room (hotel, perhaps?) when I received a phone call from the fire department. They politely informed me that I was on fire, and I politely disagreed. We then decided to meet up in court another day to resolve this issue of whether or not I was on fire. The rest of my dream was centered around this court room, and our back and forth arguments, on the issue of whether I was on fire (or not). If memory holds, I believe I won this debate.

Now, this is not so strange as the following. The first is that I remember this dream vividly, unlike most of my other dreams which are forgotten within minutes. Secondly, I awoke from the dream with a strong feeling of nostalgia (from what, I wonder...) and accomplishment. And I cannot emphasize just how strong these feelings were.

This dream I will most certainly remember. I cannot tell you why. It just means a lot to me for some reason I cannot fathom.

Promicin

Postby Promicin » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:04 pm UTC

It was a combination Courage the Cowardly Dog/Wild Thornberrys/real life. There was a spooky old house, with a three-headed, orange dragon-cat growing out of it. The kids were outside, trying to defeat it, and the adults were contemplating going out to help, and Miriam (from Courage) decides to open the windows. The dragon-cat's fat pours in, and he's so embarrassed, he defeats himself.

Also something about my mom peeing the bed, and the song As Time Goes By (at least that's what someone told me the song was - I can't remember the song anymore, but I think it was something else).

deskjethp

Postby deskjethp » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:23 am UTC

1) It was under question whether or not someone I was with had a linux-enabled driver's license ...
They didn't so they had to go get one..

There weren't many other details...

2) oh this one was awful... (I had gone to bed with some severe flu going on... ) So there 'we' were.. and we had to code a program to get us off the island... but we had to do it in x86 assembly language! And none of us knew x86! And there wasn't a manual! We were supposed to just experiment until we figured it out / draw on our knowledge of Motorola 68k assembly language, but that wasn't really very useful.. (MIPS assembly / 68k weren't allowed for whatever reason, or I could have shuffled through it) I was annoyed because we had just randomly been picked as the group to do this and I didn't want to do more assembly programming

So later I actually woke up, but am convinced that I need to ask someone for directions as to what I was supposed to do, now that I was stuck on the island but shouldn't be there.. almost went in to the other room and woke someone up demanding directions, but thought I should wait it out until they figured out that I wasn't supposed to be there...

3) I was by a roller coaster, but it was a lame one that was really small, like a 50 foot track and all on ground level.. Then I saw someone I knew on it so I got on, at which point it was a much more exciting ride because the track was being constructed as we rode over it... then all of a sudden it stopped and "to be continued" flashed in the air and I woke up...

I'm still waiting for the follow up..
arbivark wrote:when i was first a tenant at 19, i was probably a nuisance .. a bother, to the landlord because i'd do stuff like, hey there's a fireplace here, get me a hammer, hey if i make a hole in my ceiling there's an attic that runs the length of the rowhouses.

theGoldenCalf;

Postby theGoldenCalf; » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:34 am UTC

I went to sleep yesterday after watching a j-horror movie alone in a dark house and for some reason all my dreams were to do with battling (modern) pirates by somehow taking all their children hostage in a big brown bag.
それは彼女が言ったことだ!

Kendrubbin

Postby Kendrubbin » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:50 am UTC

Last night; dreamt that ninja house cats invaded my hometown and attacked people, it was situated around the town market, and then suddenly a team of special agents burst onto the scene and started fighting these cats. It was a pretty amazing dream.

In addition, I've lately had a case of writing down my dreams, and I've had 3 dreams that have actually happened. |:C

Hope_

Postby Hope_ » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:46 am UTC

I dreamt of a naked football game. Women vs. men. I have no idea why I dreamt of that but it was nice. :P
Whelan wrote:
I Am Raven wrote:Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Damn baby, you're so wet!
Shakespeare was British.

TheValmont

Postby TheValmont » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:38 pm UTC

I dreamed I had superman-like powers. Nothing too original. But it was different for me because I'm usually level headed even in my dreams so I usually fly once, think to myself "this can't be right..." try again and fail. But not last night. I had super powers, and I was repeatedly asked by my best friend not to kill her bf. I failed. Several times. :D

Also, My ex came into the picture, also with superpowers. And her current bf, who did not have superpowers. I was not nice....poor guy. This did not sit well with the ex. BOSS FIGHT! We had a pretty epic battle while The Emperor and Darth Vader (not even a star wars fan really) watched on. I won. Only to find out she like the 7th clone.

Now "superman"'s greatest challenge. To move out of an apartment. Saved on the moving truck...flying really helps. Except for this was the worst apartment complex ever. The apartment become airtight and all the air was vacuumed out. I had to bust through the wall to get my mom and brother out.

So yeah, I kicked ass in all three parts. Unusually optimistic for my dreams.

New User

Postby New User » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:42 am UTC

More Star Trek dreams. This time Q was running around pranking people, but I convinced him to let me join him. So I had limited Q powers and we were just going around causing misfortune for others and laughing at them. We even pulled some kind of elaborate prank on Bruce Willis.

Ivora

Postby Ivora » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:16 am UTC

i was paralyzed face down to the side in a giant mud puddle while a rat (or mouse) was nibbling on my butt. :|

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:13 am UTC

Ivora wrote:i was paralyzed face down to the side in a giant mud puddle while a rat (or mouse) was nibbling on my butt. :|

I always get a "uuuuh" moment then "oh right it's the dream thread tab".

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:30 pm UTC

Had a dream that a little girl was taking me from house to house, showing me all of the problems the residents of the house were having.

Then demonstrating how that was my fault.
- Ochigo the Earth-Stomper

The EGE wrote:
Mumpy wrote:And to this day, librarians revile Oregonaut as the Antichrist.

False! We sacrifice our card catalogues to him in the name of Job Security!

TheValmont

Postby TheValmont » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:36 pm UTC

I keep having dreams about things I don't typically think about. Last night was an Iron Man based dream. Apparently I was Tony Stark because I had created the first suit. And my brother, (I love him to death, but he lives in the bars and has never opened a textbook) quickly created 3 variants on my suit. Now I know of....*checks google*....War Machine. Which is the one my brother used.

So I'm in a holloween haunted house, which was lame, with a couple of friends. We get the last room and there are these spiders, which apparently werent apart of the haunted house. Cherry Tomato spiders. Which is exactly what they looked like. And if they bit you, they caused vomiting for like a week...and increased aggression. So my brother and I were both bit along with some friends. And my brother immediately takes off to our house for his suit. I finally stop puking long enough to start heading for my suit. But he had already returned...carrying my suit and threw it at me. I put it on but all my weapons stuff is damaged, so i try to fly back to get his alternate suits. At this point, the dream becomes even more like a video game. He keeps shooting me out of the sky, I die, and respawn at the *checkpoint* I eventually reach my house, but there are people every where trying to prevent me from getting the third suit. Die Die Die. Eventually get the third suit and realize the fourth suit actually is like additional armor for the third suit. Eventually get that on and....BOSS FIGHT! Epic battle between me and my brother. I lost. I had no idea how to use his suit. :(

I want a rematch.

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:20 pm UTC

Dreamt that I was posting on this forum. Was related to snow, and possibly some snow sculpture. Remembers that one of the other people posting was Felltir. Was unfamiliar with the second person (had an orange avatar. Was probably made up). General mood: happy.

Is a bit surprised my dream used Felltir’s latest avatar. Does not know why he was selected to lend authenticity, other than being a long-time poster.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

Ivor Zozz

Postby Ivor Zozz » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:02 pm UTC

Last edited by Ivor Zozz on Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:02 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:22 pm UTC

I dreamed that I was coughing and couldn't stop. Then I woke up, and realized I had no problems breathing, but my throat felt like it should be irritating me. But it wasn't.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

TheValmont

Postby TheValmont » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:37 pm UTC

The dream within a dream! I dreamed I was telling my roommate about my dream that I had just woken up from where my roommate and I were living in like a high-rise building in downtown of some big city.

Sosekopp

Postby Sosekopp » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:40 pm UTC

I stole my mother's car and drove to somewhere in south eastern Norway. From there I teleported to Bergen, Norway (don't ask me how), and went to a political seminar there.

My thoughts after I woke up:
"I teleported to Bergen without telling my parents, I have to text them and tell them not to worry! *reaches for cell phone* Wait. Teleport? That sounds very unlikely. And wait. Isn't this my room? I was just dreaming, then."

TheValmont

Postby TheValmont » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:38 am UTC

Sosekopp wrote:I stole my mother's car and drove to somewhere in south eastern Norway. From there I teleported to Bergen, Norway (don't ask me how), and went to a political seminar there.

My thoughts after I woke up:
"I teleported to Bergen without telling my parents, I have to text them and tell them not to worry! *reaches for cell phone* Wait. Teleport? That sounds very unlikely. And wait. Isn't this my room? I was just dreaming, then."

I had to tell this to someone today. Actually going through the thought process of considering whether or not teleporting sounded probable was hilarious to me.

Ambermutt

Postby Ambermutt » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:48 am UTC

I once dreamed I was a fish in a pond with a lot of other fish and a crocodile/shark/predatory thing. I was captured by the predator, eaten, and died a painful death. Then I regenerated as another fish and was again caught. I learned to kill myself the second I was caught to avoid the pain, by drowning I think, although how a fish can drown... I ended up being many different fish. For some reason, I thought I was in a video game...

Another was I realized I had this weird infection in my forearm. I was picking out worms from the wound (disgusting, yeah, if anyone knows what "torsalos" are, think of those) and they just kept coming out, more and more and more... I eventually ended up with an empty, skin encased segment of arm, all wobbly and useless. Where the bone went, I don't know. Just really, really horrible.
He has told us of the darkness,
He has shown us deepest night.
The rage inside a burning sun,
The calmness of its light.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:01 am UTC

I had a time machine. I found it in an archeological dig site. It looked like a stone pillar, and it was controlled by turning gears on the outside of it. One of the annoying things was that after a time jump, the user would materialise in some random location miles away from where the machine materialised, so I had to keep running around looking for it. It was awesome, but I kind of got lost in a parallel universe created by my interference with events in the past.
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:41 am UTC

Some sort of combination of hugging and fighting with an IRL friend in a place which seemed to be based off my school's gym. Also, I seem to remember hypotrochoids being involved, or at least some sort of roulette like that.

Yeah, subconsciouses are weird.
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

Promicin

Postby Promicin » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:57 pm UTC

It was slightly post-apocalyptic, and California had seceded from the US, and was going by a shorter name (Feier, or something like that). It pretended to be its own country, but it wasnt fooling anyone; we all knew it was the same California, only it had been outlined in a different color on the maps.

New User

Postby New User » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:41 am UTC

Last night I dreamed I was a muffler. I woke up exhausted!

Return to “General”