Sleep-time holodeck experiences

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Shro
science genius girl

Re: What were your dreams last night?

Postby Shro » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:10 pm UTC

I don't remember the dream, but I clearly remember someone describing a language sounding "as if a leprechaun was speaking german".
argyl3: My idea of being a rebel is splitting infinitives.
Alisto: Rebel without a clause?

I made this thing:
www.justthetipcalculator.com

Sheikh al-Majaneen
Name Checks Out On Time, Tips Chambermaid

Postby Sheikh al-Majaneen » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:49 pm UTC

A comet about the size of the one that killed the dinosaurs 66.033 million years ago was heading towards the earth, about as far away from us as Saturn. It was flung in from the Oort Cloud by a passing black hole that nobody knew was there until the comet was discovered (pretty sure we would know it was there though, considering the gravitational power of black holes). I wondered if the black hole was God.

selfassembled

Postby selfassembled » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:32 pm UTC

I dreamed about a girl I silently turned down two months ago. I dreamed that some curse made her seem incredibly old and as she expressed herself some God cured her and turned her back to her normal self, but that her eyes remained more radiant and wiser than before. Then we kissed very passionately. I told her this in a text message soon after.

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:36 pm UTC

Replaced someone college-aged. Received information about them from a classmate (who knew about this). Used a blue dry-erase marker and whiteboard during class, supposedly. Mentioned adhesive tape too. Overlapped several pieces in the information's margins. Tried to follow their habits. Copied lecture notes onto the whiteboard. Never figured out the tape. Planned to ask later.

Passed, apparently. Spoke to the music (theory?) professor during class. Does not attend on Fridays. (Worried about that possibility earlier.) Would see them next Tuesday. Commented about looking thin also. Did not know the replaced person's personality. Seemed friendly. Responded politely and left. Ended there.

Felt pleasant.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

Ephemeron

Postby Ephemeron » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm UTC

This got quite a reaction when I posted it in the MacRumors forum. So I thought I'd cross-post it here.

I just had one of my most memorable nightmares in a while, and it was about my MacBook Pro being stolen. Allow me to explain. I often dream about tech. There was this one dream when I was using five Magic Trackpads at once. And another where I heard a 'leak' that Apple was going to buy Microsoft.

In real life I own a 13-inch MacBook Pro. It has been my only computer for almost 3 years. I love it to bits. Anyway, the dream:

My roommate and I almost managed to see the burglar, but he got away before we could find him. We didn't know what he had stolen, until I realised with horror that he had taken (among other things) my precious Macbook Pro.

We reported it to the police as soon as possible. At least one of my roommates' computers was also stolen, so we went to the computer shop to buy a new one. I needed a computer right away, so until they found mine, I decided to rent a Chromebook.

My Mac Pro tower (because apparently I had one in the dream) had been stolen too. I didn't admit this to anyone, mainly because I was too ashamed to admit that my £3000-4000 computer had been stolen. But also I wasn't sure I had one in the first place, or if I'd just dreamed it (how meta). It would have been a frivolous purchase that I could never afford, both in real life and the dream.

There were several Chromebooks and Chromeboxes available to rent, but all the cheap ones were gone. I pointed to the only one I liked, but when I looked at it from the side, it was actually be an iMac G3 (the one with the transparent plastic). I left emptyhanded.

Later, only a day after the burglary, the receptionist of the hotel we lived in told me there was good news, and handed me my Macbook Pro (implying it had been recovered by the police). I asked him if they had found a Mac Pro as well, but he said they hadn't. He also gave me a big handful of coins. And while I was a little disappointed to not have a Mac Pro, I was overjoyed to get my MBP back.

I ran upstairs excitedly told my roommates the good news, while hugging my MBP, but I didn't get a response. One of them shouted at the TV because she was playing Skyrim, and the other two just said nothing. The dream ended there.

My subconscious must have forgotten about backup drives, because these were never mentioned as an option. It is rare that I remember this much from a dream, and even rarer to have a nightmare that resolves itself like this.

PatrickRsGhost

Postby PatrickRsGhost » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:30 am UTC

Last night I dreamed I was at some chain restaurant, either Applebee's or Chili's, and had received terrible service. I ordered a bacon cheeseburger, and the server brought me just a bun with cheese and bacon. No hamburger. I told the server my order was wrong, and he wanted to argue with me. My grandma was also with me, and her order was wrong as well. I told the manager, and he not only reimbursed us for our meal, but he took us back behind the restaurant, to a little storage shed where some of their stock was kept, and allowed us to each take one stock item home with us. We both took a two-gallon jug of ketchup. My mom and I were talking, and she said I should take both of them, since my grandma didn't eat or need all ketchup. I loaded them both into the back of my car (which happened to be a station wagon or a hatchback), and headed home.

I think I've been reading this site and this one a bit too much.
PRG

An important message for you:

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:08 pm UTC

I often have dreams set in the worlds of fiction I like, but I'm rarely an actual character from them - if I am, I'm usually Harry Potter, or occasionally the Doctor from Doctor Who. In my dream the night before last, however, I was Clara from the current season of Doctor Who. This is only the second time I can remember dreaming I was a female character, and the last time was over ten years ago, when I dreamed I was Sabrina (the Teenage Witch).

In the Clara dream, I was talking on the phone to a man, when suddenly his responses didn't match what I was saying. Then, I could hear who he was talking to, and she had the same voice as me - the man was speaking to two versions of me at once. There were two other dreams that night, one about training at a shop and one about being caught at a prostitute's house, but I was definitely myself in the first one and definitely male, at least, in the second one.
any pronouns
----
----
Forum Games Discord
(tell me if link doesn't work)
----
NiteSciFi, sci-fi forum that needs more members

Tomlidich the second

Postby Tomlidich the second » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:42 pm UTC

been having many nightmares lately. last night, my friends were being somewhat rude, and even a bit mean to me, when i went to sleep, the dreams kinda continued down that path and it really kinda tore me up.

i do have much more interesting dreams from time to time however, ill post them when i get them.

Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen

Postby Xeio » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:17 pm UTC

I had a dream.

And within that dream I had another dream where I was lucid dreaming.

Then I woke up and was sad I couldn't always lucid dream.

Then I woke up again and was confused.

Tomlidich the second

Postby Tomlidich the second » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:23 pm UTC

dreamed about driving a manual transmission car, though i don't actually know how to drive a manual transmission car. i think after that ill give it a go though, it went alright.

also stopped an evil man from blowing up a hospital. IM AWESOME.

emceng

Postby emceng » Mon May 06, 2013 1:23 am UTC

Friday night. Had a dream where I was in a boat or canoe, and found both my parents dead and drowned in a lake. I finally realized that they'd never go out without lifejackets, and woke up. It was one of the most horrid dreams I have had in a long, long time. Even almost two days later it disturbs me.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

ShortChelsea
One thousand four hundred and thirty seven

Postby ShortChelsea » Mon May 06, 2013 2:00 am UTC

I dreamed I went back to high school. I was teased for walking out of classrooms without permission. I now remember the stupid hs system known as hall passes.

PatrickRsGhost

Postby PatrickRsGhost » Mon May 06, 2013 12:51 pm UTC

Dreamed I was in downtown Atlanta, right across the street from the building that housed GDOT (Georgia Department of Transportation). This building has a balcony on the second floor that wraps around the building.

There was a large gathering of African-American people around this building. A bunch of them were up on the balcony, and several were also across the street. Everyone's attention was turned to this one semi-overweight woman, with orangeish weaves in her hair. She and I think a few of her girlfriends and her boyfriend or husband were arguing and at one point they were yelling about their (weave woman and her husband or boyfriend) child. Everyone was yelling and shouting when weave woman was handling the baby a la Michael Jackson, holding it (couldn't tell if it was a boy or a girl) over the railing, and tossing it in the air like it was a doll. I instantly whipped out my media player and began recording a video of the incident. The woman saw me recording, and yelled for someone to get my camera. Some of the spectators also saw me recording, and wanted to stop me. I was able to not only record the video, but zoom in and grab a snapshot of the woman's face at the same time. I had intentions of turning it over to police, and to local news outlets.

They chased me halfway around the building, and inside the building. I wound up in the opposite side of the building where everyone had gathered.

In reality, the building houses not only GDOT, which is its main occupant, but also a small cafe, an MRI clinic, a convenience store (mostly snacks, lotto tickets, and greeting cards), the company that owns the building, and a bank. There is an elevated glass-covered walkway between this building and a neighboring hotel.

In my dream, GDOT was on one side of the building, and the United States Marine Corps was on the other side.

I ran around to the other side, and got onto an elevator that had a lush coffin in it. I assumed the coffin was for the funeral for a fallen soldier, or else for a child. It was taking up most of the space in the elevator, so I couldn't help but sit down. Got to the next floor, and found a company of the Marines standing in formation. I recognized some of them as kids I went to high school with, some of the good ones. They asked me what was wrong. I told them. They got back into formation, wearing their "dress blues", and headed down to the first floor and into the streets, rounding them all up.

For those unfamiliar with the uniforms of the Marines or any other branch of the U.S. military, these are the dress blues:

After I thanked them, one of the female officers said she lived nearby, and she was looking for a roommate. She said all I had to do was know how to clean and cook. I told her I'd like to give it a try over the weekend.
PRG

Tomlidich the second

Postby Tomlidich the second » Mon May 06, 2013 10:57 pm UTC

so last night was pretty restless, got maybe three hours of sleep total. when i did, it was this fantastic, glowing, 3d design interface, with designs for a project im currently building in my spare time. for reference, its much like what tony stark has in his garage.
the weird thing is, its like i had no control over myself, i was furiously building away at it. i would get so excited that i kept waking up throughout the night and writing down everything i had remembered, and also running numbers on it while awake just to double check things, and continue the design process, it seems it all checked it out. i think i squeezed 6 months of engineering work into the 8 hours i was supposed to be asleep.

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Wed May 08, 2013 7:55 am UTC

I was dreaming I had something I really wanted for a long time, and I was so damn happy.

Then I realised, wait, I don't have this thing. Then it got weird. I think my brain didn't want me to wake up into a world I didn't have this thing in, so it put up a fake "real world" with a few inconsistencies to pretend I had already woken up. I couldn't wake up on purpose then, and slept for longer than usual until roused up by a loud noise. I'm both confused and sad now.

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Wed May 08, 2013 11:34 am UTC

Last night, I had a dream that I remembered, which was weird. The dream itself was weirder.

I was in my Physics lecture, and somebody yelled out that I had girly hair. I stood up, rounded on them, and spent a good five minutes lambasting them. I don't remember the majority of what I said, but I do remember that it finished with me screaming that "Neither me, nor anybody else present has time for your gender-essentialist bullshit", turning on my heel, giving the entire lecture the bird with both hands above my head and storming out.

Then it cut to a montage of my university life after that point, which was not that much different except that I became renowned for the jacket I always wore. Which, according to dream-self, was a leather jacket with metal spiked epaulettes and studded lapels, with "MOTHER FUCKER" written on the back in rhinestones. Also I became known for calling people out on any sort of discriminatory bullshit. I think I kind of became the real-world manifestation of the distilled spirit of social-justice-bloggers, but less shitty?
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

Tomlidich the second

Postby Tomlidich the second » Wed May 08, 2013 5:02 pm UTC

Carlington wrote:Last night, I had a dream that I remembered, which was weird. The dream itself was weirder.

I was in my Physics lecture, and somebody yelled out that I had girly hair. I stood up, rounded on them, and spent a good five minutes lambasting them. I don't remember the majority of what I said, but I do remember that it finished with me screaming that "Neither me, nor anybody else present has time for your gender-essentialist bullshit", turning on my heel, giving the entire lecture the bird with both hands above my head and storming out.

Then it cut to a montage of my university life after that point, which was not that much different except that I became renowned for the jacket I always wore. Which, according to dream-self, was a leather jacket with metal spiked epaulettes and studded lapels, with "MOTHER FUCKER" written on the back in rhinestones. Also I became known for calling people out on any sort of discriminatory bullshit. I think I kind of became the real-world manifestation of the distilled spirit of social-justice-bloggers, but less shitty?

this..... why can't more people like this exist? you win sir.

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Thu May 09, 2013 10:20 am UTC

To be honest, I'm more confused than anything. I don't remember ever remembering a dream when I woke up. And this one came from nowhere. Strange mixture of confusion, and pride in my subconscious brain.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

Pingouin7

Postby Pingouin7 » Fri May 10, 2013 4:53 pm UTC

I had a dream this week, at the start I was Carl Johnson and somehow had ended up being thrown in jail, no idea why.
For some reason, they allowed me to have my laptop and there even was free internet access, and they gave everyone a free phone.
Later on, they took us to some place (where and why? no idea) and stopped at a public pool near where I live IRL. They forgot about me and left me without surveillance, so I ran away.
Even though I usually know the place really well, I ended up getting lost and randomly ran into my friend (turned back into my actual self by that point.) So since we were lost, I looked on Google Maps to see where the heck we were and how to get back home, and somehow I ended up ~10 kilometers south from where I actually live.
We walked back there (what should have taken at least 1h-1h30 took only a few minutes), and when I came back home, my family just greeted me as usual, without even wondering where I had been for the past few days.
Dason wrote:
Kewangji wrote:I confess I am actually scared of peanuts, and tend to avoid them, given how lethal they are to some people.

I'm not. I do my part in the fight against peanuts by destroying them with my powerful teeth. Take that peanut! How does being digested feel!?

PatrickRsGhost

Postby PatrickRsGhost » Sun May 12, 2013 12:25 pm UTC

Last night I dreamed my parents and I were asked to watch over a house some woman we knew lived in, after she had passed away. We were asked to watch over the house until it was sold. There was still a handful of furniture in the house, mainly a couch, a table with a TV, and her dog, which had both Boston Terrier and Pug in her. I'd been over there a time or two, as had my parents. My mom wanted me to stay at the house for a couple of days. The dog was very friendly, and we had grown to like her, even though we don't normally care for the small, lap dogs like that. We go for the more "proper" dogs, like Labs, German Shepherds, and other medium or large breeds.

Also in the dream, I had one of our cats, Beau, in my room. In real life, Beau, a Siamese, is deathly afraid of me and my dad. We think he was abused in his former home, mainly by the husband. He's been getting better, but he's still skittish at times. Anyways, in the dream he came into my room, and started rubbing against my hand as I was petting him, and purring and meowing, just being overall very friendly. I decided to grab my media player and record a video of him to show my mom, who didn't believe me when I told her in the past he was like this when they were away.

At another point in the dream, I was coming home from somewhere, work maybe, and both my parents were standing out in the driveway, looking a bit agitated or anxious.

The remainder of this scenario has been spoiler'd to prevent mindfuckery. If you do so desire to have your mind fucked, please feel free to continue. But don't bitch at me and say I didn't warn you.

Spoiler:
They asked me to hurry up and get out of the car, and give them the keys. I shrugged and handed the keys to my dad. I heard a door open, and turned to look, and saw they were about to "Make The Beast With Two Backs" in the back seat of my car. My mom was already laying in the position, and my dad was getting ready to do his thing. They were both still fully clothed, but still. I quickly turned around and, as they say on Reddit, "Noped the fuck out of there". I think I was even saying or thinking, "nope-nope-nope-nope" all the way into the house. I ran inside, went up to my room, turned on the TV, and quickly turned up the volume REAL LOUD.

At another point in the dream, I was sitting in a dimly-lit living room with my mom. She was reading some book, and I decided to watch TV. For some reason, we had the TV mounted in front of the fireplace, which in real life no longer works because we took out the gas logs. I decided to watch My Little Pony, and turned the TV so it was more facing me than her. I also decided to play the MLP game I have on my media player. Since I didn't want my parents to know I'm a Brony (more like Brony-lite), I turned the volumes down real low, and with the TV, just had to play the soundtrack in my head from memory.
PRG

Sheikh al-Majaneen
Name Checks Out On Time, Tips Chambermaid

Postby Sheikh al-Majaneen » Mon May 13, 2013 1:22 pm UTC

too weird
Last edited by Sheikh al-Majaneen on Mon May 13, 2013 9:35 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

cplns

Postby cplns » Mon May 13, 2013 4:26 pm UTC

Last night I dreamt that my mother had started a "day care" for university-aged kids (adults, really), and set me in charge of watching some of them. Namely, I was in charge of watching a French African exchange student and a friend she had made here in the States. Apparently all of these students had code names, because I went around a huge, 4-story house looking for her by asking people if they'd seen North Carolina around and didn't find her until I asked her in French.

Most of the dream was just a conversation between the three of us in French, which was odd since a) it's not my first language and b) it's not a language I've spoken with any regularity in the last 3 years or so.

addams

Postby addams » Mon May 13, 2013 6:08 pm UTC

Dreams? I don't dream often, anymore.

I did. I dreamt Last night or the night before.
I was a dream where I must have been attempting to communicate something to myself.

Spoiler:
In Waking Life I had my Digital cards Stolen or Misplaced.

They may still show up. I do not know where they are. Gone.
I took the necessary steps to secure them and Well?

It seems important to me. Yet; What can I do to change it?

I went to sleep. In the Dream I found The Digital Cards.
I felt strange about it. How stupid is that? Found.

Now that The Cards were Found what difference does it Make?
None. I will continue to have new cards.
If asked I will tell. I was stupid and misplaced Them.

Where were They in my dream? Out in The Open.
If I am awake now. The Cards are not Out in The Open.

What did I tell me? The Cards are not The Problem.
Where are They? I don't care.
They don't work anymore, anyway.

In waking life it is Not Like Me to misplace my cards.
I was pleased with myself a few weeks ago. I had left the cards Out in The Open.
It was a sign of feeling Safe inside my quarters.

I am completely over That. Not feeling safe, anymore.

I'd feel Stupid and Relieved to Find those Cards.
That is what I felt in The Dream.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

Fire Brns

Postby Fire Brns » Tue May 14, 2013 3:13 pm UTC

I've had a pretty stressful week so I've been having dreams for the first time in months again. It's been the same one three days in a row.

I'm watching TV in my living room when I hear scratching on a door, I get up to go check it and it's a springer spaniel we had put down a few years ago inside a closet scratching to get out. He looks exactly like he was right before his death. All he does is look at me with his sad eyes.

I guess I've been having this because he was 16 when we put him down and the older of our 2 current dogs is 12 and I feel like crap that he's getting old.
Pfhorrest wrote:As someone who is not easily offended, I don't really mind anything in this conversation.
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:It was the Renaissance. Everyone was Italian.

Kevin88

Postby Kevin88 » Thu May 16, 2013 8:31 pm UTC

I was trying to walk over to this beach in Greece with my camera to take pictures of the green waters, but this annoying guy was getting in my way and kept talking to me and I couldn't walk past him, then I woke up.

emceng

Postby emceng » Mon May 20, 2013 1:47 pm UTC

I was talking with my parents while watching the news. There was a story about a new automated machine gun turret being installed in South Korea, at a US base. It was pointed into the woods to shoot intruders.

Then we were at what looked like the inside of the gate of the base, and there was a Mexican festival of some sort going on. They announced that you could win prizes if you were wearing 9 costumes. I thought this was ridiculous, but some people went up to the line. I htink you could win a chance to shoot the machine gun. And there were really short people wearing big styrofoam hats, that kinda looked like sombreros. And my parents and I were each wearing two hats at the same time.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

sarahlicious

Postby sarahlicious » Thu May 23, 2013 4:05 pm UTC

it has been an early habit to write my dreams after waking as much as i can. two nights ago i dreamed uprooting trees and rearranging them along a river.

cplns

Postby cplns » Thu May 23, 2013 11:28 pm UTC

A simple one: I was teaching my mother to play Final Fantasy 7. I just remember, when they dropped the plate on the Sector 7 Slums, her groaning and saying, "Well, ain't that some shit."

PatrickRsGhost

Postby PatrickRsGhost » Fri May 24, 2013 3:02 am UTC

Dreamed I was standing on some granite outcropping, clearing dirt and grass off of it. This group of elderly ladies came onto the outcropping, and sat down at a picnic table to eat breakfast. They had all gotten biscuits at some fast-food restaurant, and were all discussing how another restaurant was much better than where they went. I overheard parts of their conversation and I agreed that some other restaurant (forget which one now) was better, and that I was very preferential to a third restaurant. It started to get very cloudy and dark, and I knew some kind of bad weather was about to hit. My shovel, which I had been using to clear the dirt and grass, blew out of my hands and twirled around mid-air. I knew right then a tornado was coming. Apparently I had a magic shovel that could forecast the weather and probably do other things.
PRG

Amianym

Postby Amianym » Fri May 24, 2013 4:06 pm UTC

I had a dream where I was shopping with my sister in a store that was like if Sak's and Ikea had a baby. We were apparently moving in together? And we were debating the merits of various snooty towels and wardrobes. There was lots of plum, dark green, and dark wood in the overall color scheme of the place. I started up an fight about how historically I have never gotten to pick my own furniture. Anyway, we finished shopping, and went on to eat dinner at the in-store restaurant, which was rather like an Olive Garden. This involved a ride up a terrifying fancy elevator, where we sat down, and a robot voice told us about this amazing! feature! of blowing cold air at you, would you like the fancy cold air, surely you must! So we got the fancy cold air. The elevator took us up, and I was rather terrified to find that it was not actually enclosed. I made it to the restaurant without falling, and we sat down with some people that we (barely) knew. I kept getting distracted from picking what I would eat, and this person kept telling me I should get some kind of pasta bake, under a menu section I couldn't seem to find. I found a similarly-named pasta bake, but she told me no, does that look like the right pasta bake? Geez, it's under this other section.

I woke up, without managing to find the pasta bake.

I had some other dream involving swimming and possibly demons of some kind, but I do not remember it clearly enough to relate.

philsov
Not a fan of Diane Kruger

Postby philsov » Fri May 24, 2013 4:29 pm UTC

Somehow found myself shipped off to some conspiracy-laden compound, knowing full well we'd be under mind control experiments, be half suicidal, and only one person would survive. Activities included a firing range where I placed myself on the 2nd layer hoping someone would shoot me as I shot at targets (and they shot at targets), watching a woman rip open her own C section scar, and then romping/playing in the snow for no reason at all. So something Cube-esque, without really being in a cube.
The time and seasons go on, but all the rhymes and reasons are wrong
I know I'll discover after its all said and done I should've been a nun.

cplns

Postby cplns » Sat May 25, 2013 12:31 am UTC

Got locked into a Hunger Games-esque fight to the death with Summer Glau as my teammate, and was charged with killing a miniature army led by Tyrion Lannister with Arya's Needle as my only weapon while Summer Glau Beat Up Everything with her bare hands.

It was one of the geekier dreams I've had.

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Sun May 26, 2013 8:19 am UTC

At the start of the dream I was at my house, trying to get my family to watch a Doctor Who DVD (I think it was a Patrick Troughton one). Then, my brother and I were in some kind of school where a book fair was being held - we went there because there would be something about Doctor Who there. At one point, two girls came up to us, and one of them handed me a note - it was something I'd seen before (not in real life) that told me to say certain weird phrases in certain situations to confuse the people around me. I ignored it, and my brother and I walked on. We ended up in a place whose layout didn't make sense - some of the rooms should have intersected both each other and the corridor we just came from. One of the rooms contained a theatre stage. Another was labelled, in reference to the kind of books kept inside, "Medicine and Top Gear". By this point, my brother had been replaced by one of my real-life friends - I pointed the sign out to him, and he said that the same sign was there last year (which I then remembered), and that all the signs seemed to be the same as then. We walked into an indoor hedge maze with several girls, and began to run through it - I was separated from everyone else somehow and tried to get back to them. The hedges started out roof-height, but then became low enough to easily step over - some girls were cheating by doing this. I saw my aforementioned friend vibrating on the floor at a dead end. I ran to the end of the maze. This started some kind of game where I used my iPad to plant pizzas in the ground around me, and to harvest them when they grew.
any pronouns
----
----
Forum Games Discord
----

Idhan

Postby Idhan » Sun May 26, 2013 7:58 pm UTC

The dream was pretty incoherent. I can't construct a coherent narrative of it, but there were specific subsections of it that were coherent.

1. I'm on some sort of mission to infiltrate a mostly-underground base. Our entry point was through something called the "science substation," which I think was an above-ground part of the base, which was immediately above the "social work substation" or something, which was just below ground. I remember that even the science substation was in some sort of crater, so I had to climb down to reach it. I remember attaching a karabiner to some sort of hook near the top of the crater so I could climb a dangerous ladder down more safely.

2. Now I'm in some sort of alternate dimension, inside a sort of military base. Everything is permeated with a sort of green fog. People don't age or die here. Some ancient villains from Earth have set up camp here, and have their own empire. I think they're lead by Julius Caesar, who has a minor-league villain from the renaissance or something as his much-abused lieutenant (I can't really remember who is was... some sort of minor Cesare Borgia-league villain). (Note: In real life, I don't think Julius Caesar was a really terrible villain, but in the dream he was, I guess. Not that I actually saw him doing anything terrible or anything.)

I have a companion with me on my mission, who seems to know more about what's going on than I do. I ask him "so, what are they doing here? Just building their own society and living forever?" He scoffs as me. "You think they'll be content to just live in immortal luxury and lord over this dimension? No, they have plans." I'm not sure what their plans are, but I understand that somehow they see this as a second-rate, fake dimension, and that they really want to conquer Earth of our dimension, or something like that. (Questions that were never raised in the dream, but which occur to me now: would leaving their dimension mean giving up immortality? Did Julius Caesar find something in this dimension that would be a super-weapon allowing him to actually threaten our dimension? Was he planning on leading 1st century B.C. Roman legions against the modern Italian army, or did he have better plans? I don't know!)

3. Now I'm with a team. I think we're still in the alternative green-fog dimension from before, but we've figured out how to communicate with the natives, who are some sort of floating creatures that communicate with flashes of light (they looked like the navigators from Lynch's Dune movies, but much smaller). They're in tanks where the green fog is thick enough to be liquid. We make friendly contact using some sort of basic strobe-light type thingy plus lots of linguistic knowledge. Maybe this is what we need to stop Julius Caesar's nefarious plans?

4. Now I'm looking over the endings, as if cheating and looking at .bik files in a video game. Except the endings seem loosely related at best to the other parts of the dream. They seem to concern the fate of Milan, in some sort of Civilization-ish game where the Duchy of Milan is a big faction, but they have a variety of different endings like Fallout or something, all shown by the fate of Milan's duomo. Milanese victory, hegemony over Earth, becoming an interstellar empire, etc, has the cathedral being transformed into some sort of futuristic, austerely neoclassical temple, with a courtyard in the middle where you could gaze out into the clear sky and see Milan's destiny in conquering the stars. Then there was another ending where Milan embraces Islam and becomes some sort of Muslim caliphate. I guess the duomo becomes a mosque, although I remember being frustrated in that ending not being very clear. Then there's an ending where Milan loses its place in the world and the Americans become the hegemonic power, with the cathedral supposedly falling into genteel decay as Milan becomes a peripheral backwater, although the slightly decrepit building I saw for this ending looked nothing like a Cathedral and looked more like Trajan's column or something.

sarahlicious

Postby sarahlicious » Mon May 27, 2013 6:54 pm UTC

I was first floating above a translucent sphere which I seem to acknowledge as something that cocooned my physical self. As I survey the the surrounding, there were several sphere shaped objects everywhere but emitting different/various colored lights. After like feeling the gush of wind brush against my cheeks I allowed myself to fly higher and farther away from where I started. It came to my sudden attention I was chasing something. I heard distant argument. A far out cry. As I tried to locate the source of this sound, something overtook me and I tried to see what it was. I woke up before discovering what that was.

Idhan

Postby Idhan » Wed May 29, 2013 12:51 am UTC

I had a dream that I remember (during the dream) thinking the plot was like a "B-movie knockoff of Avatar, except taking place on Earth," although now that I'm conscious I don't see that much resemblance, except in that both concern the triumph of nature. I alternated between watching the action in a theater or something (and thus regarding it as a movie) and being an actual participant.

Anyway, it somehow involved an ancient Earth goddess who lived deep underground (maybe in the center of the Earth?), in some sort of large round chamber. She took the form of an attractive woman in a green dress, although she mentioned to me that she had had other forms in the past, and would likely have other forms in the future.

Somehow, she was planning on restoring the Earth: solving all of the environmental crises: global warming, habitat destruction, and all that. She needed help with this, but I can't remember exactly what we were doing. One thing I remember: she wanted to change her own nature to capable of dealing with the modern world. Basically, in the past she had been a fundamental part of the fabric of the universe.

Now, this was an obsolete and unscientific approach. She basically wanted to "re-found" herself on sound science to be more effective. The details are fuzzy, but I remember a diagram very clearly: in the old paradigm, she was on top, then an arrow proceeded down to the Earth, showing her sovereignty over/within the Earth. (It was like a flowchart, but with circular rather than square nodes.) In the new paradigm, science (represented by a stylized hydrogen atom, I think) was on top, which flowed to her, which in turn flowed to the Earth. With that, she would be more effective in dealing with the modern scientific world.

One aspect of this re-founding of herself, I think, was that she needed to become pregnant. (I guess to be reborn to herself?!) I think that I was happy to oblige in aiding her with her good cause in that case, but I don't remember any sort of vivid goddess-sex dreams.

There was some choice I had to make at the end. It was one of those stupid "do the right thing vs. do the chaotic stupid nonsense that doesn't really benefit you or anyone" choices of the sort that sometimes come up in RPGs, although I don't remember the details (something about stripping humanity of free will vs. not doing it, or something). I chose to do the right thing, obviously. So there was a happy ending in all this, for me and for sentient life in general. The Earth goddess succeeded in changing herself, and restoring her power. As a result, she was able to fix the environment and avert ecological catastrophes. Happy ending, roll credits, huzzah.

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Wed May 29, 2013 6:12 am UTC

Throughout the exam period I have not been having exam-related dreams. Today is my last exam, and my dream last night mentioned both the name of the exam and the place I'm sitting it, although not in the right context (my dream thought they were a course my brother was taking, and the location where he'd attended another course).
any pronouns
----
----
Forum Games Discord
----

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Thu May 30, 2013 7:18 am UTC

I'm going to spoiler this because of the WTF factor:
Spoiler:
I just dreamed that a married coworker had decided to help me lose my virginity -- personally -- while another coworker's husband sat in the same room. To make matters a hell of a lot worse, the bedroom looked exactly like my parents' bedroom. WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK, BRAIN?
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks

emceng

Postby emceng » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:47 pm UTC

Two parts.

Part one: Was in a city, in a house or bar or something. Was trying to sneak something out of it - not stealing, but taking something that I shouldn't. Then was wandering the city trying to get back to my car. Realized that I'd lost or forgotten my phone. I tried to go back, and couldn't find the spot where my phone was. The city had lost of mid sized buildings, cars along the streets, and a moderate amount of people walking around. I kept trying to find my phone, because I could hear the alarm going off. Then I realized I could find it by reading a book about what was happening, I just need to find the right page. So I was flipping through a book and trying to find that right page.

I was in a Muppet movie. They were re-ding a previous movie, and in the old movie they'd done a variety of different song styles, with different music stars. One of those stars was Michael Jackson, and I realized they were glossing over that part of the movie. There was a song on the beach, and people were singing on the stage. There was a middle aged, slightly overweight woman dancing in front of the stage. I walked across in front of the stage to stand on the left side. Saw two teenagers with done up hair and wearing cycling jerseys or the like. They turned and walked away, and I yelled something like "have fun gay dudes!" Then the Muppets and I were doing a Rainbow Connection scene. We were on a small boat done up like a larger one - kinda like the airboat things in Bioshock Infinite, but smaller. It was storming like crazy and the boat was rocking in the water. The Muppets were on the front side of the control room thing, and rowing or something and singing rainbow connection - except the words were different. Kermit was there in a yellow rain slicker and hat. I was on the back side of the control room thing(wheelhouse?) and was kind of a sea creature with extra legs or tentacles or something, and was turning this winch really fast to try and keep the boat on course, or from tipping over, or something.

BattleMoose

Postby BattleMoose » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:26 am UTC

Had an epic one.

I was staying in a strange house with two of my best friends, (who just married each other and I was their best man, in rl) and we were concerned for our safety (I am unsure why). We had guns and essentially a panic room type deal upstairs, steel gate blocking the upstairs part.

But then the zombies started coming, but they weren't only zombies, were some humans too and they came the windows and what not and there was much stabbing of zombies with spears and things while we scampered to get up to the panic room. But then I was struggling to get the lock around the chain, as the chain wasn't long enough and the lock was too small to make it fit. I was getting very frustrated with Rowan who wouldn't shoot the zombies. It transpired that he didn't actually have any bullets and they were just for "show". So I took the gun I had and shot and killed the two guys (not zombies) who were trying to get through. All in all it was very intense but we were all safe in the end. :-/

Return to “General”