Sleep-time holodeck experiences

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Tomlidich the second

Re: What were your dreams last night?

Postby Tomlidich the second » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:37 pm UTC

learsfool wrote: the village people (not the band)

that would have been quite the sight though

emceng

Postby emceng » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:32 pm UTC

And yet again last night, I had a dream where I had forgotten to study for class, nearing a decade after I graduated from college.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

jeorgun

Postby jeorgun » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:16 am UTC

I, Harry Potter, was on the run from Lord Voldemort, a.k.a. Benedict Cumberbatch, only to discover that he was secretly Gandalf, and was only comitting evil acts in order to save the Empire State Building from certain destruction.
I think my subconscious may be trying to tell me something, but I have no idea what it could possibly be.

learsfool

Postby learsfool » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:34 am UTC

jeorgun wrote:I, Harry Potter, was on the run from Lord Voldemort, a.k.a. Benedict Cumberbatch, only to discover that he was secretly Gandalf, and was only comitting evil acts in order to save the Empire State Building from certain destruction.
I think my subconscious may be trying to tell me something, but I have no idea what it could possibly be.

Freud would have a field day with you, sir!

addams

Postby addams » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:51 pm UTC

emceng wrote:And yet again last night, I had a dream where I had forgotten to study for class, nearing a decade after I graduated from college.

An education fundamentally changes the person.
Those that do not have an education, sometimes say we don't learn anything in School.

We do. Many of us learn, Fear!
What!? You didn't study?!

Did you ever actually do it? Not study? I did.

I was so tired. I studied everyday, some.
It was like a job. It was the least I could do.

I was so tired. I did not study.
I took my books and went to bed.

I remember using a book as a pillow.
It was a good pillow. I had my hand on a different book.

I slept well. The books drained into my head in the night.
I did fine on the test.

From what I have read, we need sleep before we test.
Were you sleep deprived?
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:28 pm UTC

Lieutenant Commander Data's ill-fitting uniform.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

emceng

Postby emceng » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:33 pm UTC

I was a woman that needed to be rescued by a sword wielding hero. While this was happening, enemies attacked, and I smacked them with a shell with long spikes. Kinda like Bowser's shell, except white, and the spikes were about 6 inches long.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

Ptolom

Postby Ptolom » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:47 pm UTC

I was invisible to myself but everybody else could see me perfectly.

Tomlidich the second

Postby Tomlidich the second » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:32 pm UTC

my dreams are getting increasingly *ahem* raunchy, but lets just say i have the desire to find a tiny bow tie now.....

cplns

Postby cplns » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:25 pm UTC

Tomlidich the second wrote:my dreams are getting increasingly *ahem* raunchy, but lets just say i have the desire tofind a tiny bow tie watch some Ramsey scenes on Game of Thrones now.....

My eyes are not shifty enough for how shifty this is.
(Also this is actually the first raunchy dream I can ever remember having.)

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:15 am UTC

I dreamt I was petting one of my old pet cats, who has been dead a long time and was old for most of the time I knew him, but he was alive and spry and absolutely loving the head scratchies I was giving him.

Another of my old cats, who last I saw was not very healthy and living with my dad many years ago, and who no longer appears to be living with my dad (unsure of his fate), was also young and healthy and waiting on deck for his turn.

I think I miss my cats.
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

addams

Postby addams » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:24 am UTC

Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

Tomlidich the second

Postby Tomlidich the second » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:37 pm UTC

cplns wrote:
Tomlidich the second wrote:my dreams are getting increasingly *ahem* raunchy, but lets just say i have the desire tofind a tiny bow tie watch some Ramsey scenes on Game of Thrones now.....

not sure i understand the reference?

i don't watch game of thrones.

cplns

Postby cplns » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:54 pm UTC

Tomlidich the second wrote:
cplns wrote:

not sure i understand the reference?

i don't watch game of thrones.

Haha, not really a reference, just stole your sentence for my own use. It was a racy dream about the actor Iwan Rheon - I'm pretty sure this is his widest-known role now.

Tomlidich the second

Postby Tomlidich the second » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:21 pm UTC

aha well alrighty then :)

emceng

Postby emceng » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:56 pm UTC

Was at a hockey game and for some reason didn't put my gear on until the game had started.

Was at work, and my teeth were falling out. One on the top left had fallen out, and my front teeth were stuck together but loose, like if I had dentures on my front 4ish teeth on the top and bottom. I kept trying to get to a dentist, but couldn't get out of the office due to scheduling. Also, my office had been renovated. There was a huge wooden desk on one side, with a fancy chair behind it, and it was 2-3 times the size it is. I was worried that this meant I was losing my office, and some executive was taking it over.

Tomlidich the second

Postby Tomlidich the second » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:34 pm UTC

i think i had something of a revelation last night. still piecing it together but:

i was INSIDE a linux kernel. i just kinda floated wherever i liked, openeing sections of code, modifying them at will. i built something. i think. im still piecing it all together. i need to write. i need to write alot.

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:47 am UTC

Some space insect thing was fighting a shining crusader in armor. The light liquefied an ever increasing amount of tentacles and fangs, until fangs large enough grew and pierce the light. They grabbed the crusader's armor and eventually sheared him into pieces. Then the light expoded and took over the alien insect thing. However, it kept growing, and the insect source was sealed in a cube inside the armor. The light from this cube still kept growing exponentially, shining through additional layers hastily added. The giant armor light bug-powered crusader tried to expend the energy by punching it as a giant beam out of our galaxy, but as the power kept growing exponentially that was not a sustainable option. Eventually, it managed to convert the energy into a time portal, using it to send energy into the fire future. The crusader was kinda depressed at having doomed the universe at a fixed upcoming date.

I think this is a metaphor for my love life or something

emceng

Postby emceng » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:42 pm UTC

I quit my job to go work for another company. I felt bad about this, because I had just had a talk with my boss about his plans for my future. The new job was also hard to get to, and I think the town it was in kept moving farther away. I was also worried for some reason that it would only last a year, and since I was buying a new house, I'd be in deep trouble.

cplns

Postby cplns » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:22 pm UTC

Dreamt I found out I had to redo my International Baccalaureate Extended Essay (even though I graduated from the IB program back in 2006) and that it was due the next day. I had to write it on the subject of cruelty to Pokemon, and for some reason I decided to write it as though the person reading it was a dog (?), making assumptions about how they wouldn't like it if their master hit them, so why would a Squirtle?

I was so nervous about the deadline that I kept compulsively drinking gallons of water at a time. This apparently annoyed my sister, who refused to let me use the bathroom until I finished the essay.

emceng

Postby emceng » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:26 pm UTC

I was worried because I found out my girlfriend was pregnant. I was discussing this with my father, and he asked me when I'd last had unprotected sex with her. And I thought about it, and it had been 2 months prior. but I thought she had had a period since then. Then I realized my girlfriend was Reese Witherspoon, and I wondered why I was upset.

Then, I was hiking or something. Not sure, something physical. Saw a display with protein bars and such. One was like caphine - it was caffeine and morphine put together.

WilliamTheConqueror

Postby WilliamTheConqueror » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:17 pm UTC

my friend and i were driving around town in the middle of the night (i was driving really poorly) and i tried to U turn in the middle of an intersection. a police officer showed up and pulled us over and then my viewpoint switched and turns out my friend was driving the whole time?? the cop gave my friend a stern talking-to and gave my friend a ticket for "not driving calmly". then it switched to a different dream where the same friend and i were watching national treasure 2 and cuddling and it was weird.
addams wrote:Fucking Nature.

Tomlidich the second wrote:You cannot surgically graft enough middle fingers to my body to express how fed up I am with this.

learsfool

Postby learsfool » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:24 pm UTC

WilliamTheConqueror wrote:my friend and i were driving around town in the middle of the night (i was driving really poorly) and i tried to U turn in the middle of an intersection. a police officer showed up and pulled us over and then my viewpoint switched and turns out my friend was driving the whole time?? the cop gave my friend a stern talking-to and gave my friend a ticket for "not driving calmly". then it switched to a different dream where the same friend and i were watching national treasure 2 and cuddling and it was weird.

No kidding!

National Treasure 2 was AWFUL!

emceng

Postby emceng » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:48 pm UTC

Had a really in depth dream, only part I remember - I was an editor for something, and was stealing ideas from a musician or author, and pretending they were my own.

Cleverbeans

Postby Cleverbeans » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:53 am UTC

emceng wrote:Had a really in depth dream, only part I remember - I was an editor for something, and was stealing ideas from a musician or author, and pretending they were my own.

So you were a politician?
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." - Abraham Lincoln

Moach

Postby Moach » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:14 pm UTC

curiously enough, just tonight I dreamt that I had overslept and missed an appointment by a couple of days. I remember that during that dream, the notion that having overslept SO much was considered as possibly "just a dream" - which I recall dreaming of having woken up from (yes, like in 'Inception')...

Once I finally DID wake up from the outer layer of this unusually multi-tiered dream, I came to realizing I WAS indeed late for class (yep, I got class on saturdays now). And this was in fact caused by my own unadvisable fault in oversleeping...

I do not completely rule out the possibility of this perhaps being a "third layer" thing... which is why I'm keeping a close eye on this spinning toy gizmo I got running here... It should topple over in just about a moment now........ :?

Brace

Postby Brace » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:30 am UTC

I had a really vivid dream that I killed someone. I was walking through a neighborhood, someone said "hey brother" or something. Smiled this big shit-eating grin. I walked up to him indifferently, looked around. It was the middle of the day so the neighborhood was empty. His smile turned to a look of realization, which turned to a look of terror mixed with this pleading look. There were tears in his eyes and his smile was fake now and he was having trouble holding it. I took my knife and stabbed it into his neck, and pulled it out through his throat. Wiped it off on his pants and left. Felt real. Had to look through the news to make sure it wasn't.
"The future is the only kind of property that the masters willingly concede to the slaves" - Albert Camus

eran_rathan
Mostly Wrong

Postby eran_rathan » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:25 pm UTC

Moach wrote:curiously enough, just tonight I dreamt that I had overslept and missed an appointment by a couple of days. I remember that during that dream, the notion that having overslept SO much was considered as possibly "just a dream" - which I recall dreaming of having woken up from (yes, like in 'Inception')...

Once I finally DID wake up from the outer layer of this unusually multi-tiered dream, I came to realizing I WAS indeed late for class (yep, I got class on saturdays now). And this was in fact caused by my own unadvisable fault in oversleeping...

I do not completely rule out the possibility of this perhaps being a "third layer" thing... which is why I'm keeping a close eye on this spinning toy gizmo I got running here... It should topple over in just about a moment now........ :?

Huh. How wierd is that - I had a Inception/multi-layer dream the other night as well.

Dream 1(lowest level) was I was in Eureka, doing some work for Global Dynamics on a massive borehole to The Center of the Earth! Thought about it while we were setting up, realized it was ridiculous, and 'woke up' into Dream 2.

Dream 2 was 'normal life', except that my legs had been replaced with cybernetics because of an accident (which no one would talk about). And apparently I was in a parkour tournament, and people were pissed because of the artificial legs (i could jump like 20 ft in the air from a standstill). While doing parkour, there were people shooting at us, and then chasing us with guns and flashbangs and stuff. I ended up busting into a room while trying to get away and getting shot. Everything went dark and I 'woke up' into Dream 3.

Dream 3 was also 'normal life', except I couldn't understand anyone and they couldn't understand me (almost like I was suffering super-massive aphasia). I tried telling everyone that it wasn't normal, but no one could understand me.

First time I've ever had that happen.
"Does this smell like chloroform to you?"
"Google tells me you are not unique. You are, however, wrong."
nɒʜƚɒɿ_nɒɿɘ

Tomlidich the second

Postby Tomlidich the second » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:27 pm UTC

yet another wild, kinky, fetishist dream. *sigh* i always wake up so frustrated from those.

cplns

Postby cplns » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:39 pm UTC

Dreamt my little sister became a kindergarten teacher in a school which required every student and staff member to wear roller skates. She then realized she didn't know how to skate.

Then, during a nap, dreamt I was a noble in the Game of Thrones universe, and I had to choose which single character to form an alliance with to give me the best chance at taking the iron throne. Melisandre kept setting fire to my home; when I asked her to stop, she told me the Lord of Light would only allow her to stop if I chose her. There was, at some point, a drunken Tyrion passed out in my yard.

Tomlidich the second

Postby Tomlidich the second » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:37 pm UTC

dreamt i pushed over one casino after another in las vegas, and somehow got away with it. woke up as i was pushing 90 MPH towards the nevada border back home.

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:46 pm UTC

I was keeping a bird in my bedroom, and not in a cage, but flying freely around the room. It looked like a seagull, but I was referring to it as an owl. Then I left the door open and it escaped.

stickler

Postby stickler » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:15 pm UTC

I was trying to convince the Vicar of Dibley that she needed to get my internet fixed. I'm not sure why.

emceng

Postby emceng » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:55 pm UTC

I was at the International Symposium in Texas, and it was late September(despite the fact it had already happened IRL in August in Denver). Arrived at the airport, and had to walk along this dusty road towards the hotel. Stopped partway there at a bar, and had some beers. Then ended up at the hotel with some other guys. Tried to remember the name of one guy I met this year, and was surprised I remembered it. Other stuff happened.

We were watching a football game, I think Minnesota vs Detroit. There was a brawl, and one MN player kind of punched another with his helmet. I thought that this was bad and would draw a suspension, then saw another MN player using his helmet to bludgeon a Detroit player that was laying on the ground.

Also, there was something about going back to my hotel room, and hiding from the maids, or there was a maid in my closet.

emceng

Postby emceng » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:08 pm UTC

Was doing some wilderness survival thing, where I travelled across a country, with another guy. We grabbed/kidnapped this girl, to get information about the local area - and it was kinda like we were in Denmark or something during WW2, and were avoiding the Nazis, but they weren't really Nazis, and it was more a training operation. She spoke Latin, and we tried to communicate, and somehow the other guy was feeding me Latin words that I was half-assedly speaking to her to get information. We all ended up going back to her home to hide from the enemy. More people from other groups on our 'team' were showing up and using the place as a safe house. Then enemy guys showed up to search the house. I was in the bathroom, which for some reason was open ot the living room, so I couldn't use the toilet. I saw the enemies coming through the window on the front door. Realized I should hide, but when they came in, I realized I should have stayed put, as they didn't search the area I was in. They kicked everyone out of the safe house, and made us start travelling again.

Then there was something on a stage, and I re-met the girl from the house, but she was way older with a weird haircut, and huge bangs. But then it turned out that was her mom, who was dating my dad, or my dream dad, and the daughter was interested in dating me.

Then were moving through the woods again, with a small commando like team, again in a training/war games thing. Went to an area with a ruined building. We knew the enemy was going to shoot RPGs at us, so we fortified the windows and then hid. The RPG wasn't an explosive, and was tipped with cloth, and was more like a huge spear to smash stuff. The enemy thought we were killed by the RPG, but our fortifications stopped it. We then snuck out the back. Then I was kinda seeing an overhead view of the map in the area, and was discussing or thinking through tactics. Our rebel army was going to ambush the other side in some woods, and I was trying to find where those woods were on the map. They kept moving, or the label kept moving, and then the enemy figured out they were going to get ambushed.

emceng

Postby emceng » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:50 pm UTC

Took a nap this afternoon.

Was in some city for work. Had to drive away from the airport, through this small downtown area, out through the country to some location. Was there on a Tuesday, and was thinking back to the fact I'd flown home for a few hours Monday because I forgot something, and was thinking about how quick it was, maybe because I didn't take any luggage.

Was driving out to the site, and maybe was swerving a bit while looking at the scenery. Pulled over in this one area to look around. Blank.... Then my mom was in this little field on a hill next to the road, and was talking about something. I saw a grizzly bear across a stream, and yelled or wanted to yell to her to look. Then I saw a huge male lion near the grizzly bear. I walked down the road to a bathroom area, and looked out the back door of the building to get a different perspective on the hill. I saw some baby lions playing around, and female lions nearby.

I was back by the road, and wanted my mom to come back over by the road by the rest of the family. Then I saw there were female lions on the hill near her, creeping around. I went up next to her, and yelled, screamed, and growled at the lions to try and get them to back off.

WibblyWobbly
Can't Get No

Postby WibblyWobbly » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:18 pm UTC

Vaguely remember a dream in which my life was being narrated by Stephen Fry. Probably because I fell asleep watching QI.

emceng

Postby emceng » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:51 pm UTC

More weirdness:

One off random, was in my bedroom(or a bedroom that was mine at the time), browsing craigslist. An attractive woman came in, and we started going at it.

I was at Disney World, walking around, looking at stuff. At one point I started walking through this building that had a restaurant at one end. I didn't realize that, and just wanted to walk through, so when the one server tried to hand me something, I refused. Then I walked further in, and employees were spilling something on the floor, as part of the experience.

Next, I was part of a group that was using some sort of crazy springboard to fly up thousands of feet into the air to this balloon. From the balloon, I jumped off to grab a jet in my hand to help it land. While on the way down I grabbed a second, much larger jet in my right hand too. Then when I was close to the ground, I had to find an open area to set it down. I set the larger one down, then flew or glided to another area to land the second. I was a hero because the jets landed without crashing. Then I went back to the springboard to go up to the balloon again. I realized, or was told, I wasn't supposed to come back, and the balloon was low on gas to keep it in the air. The balloon's controller's were concerned and started pulling on wires and cords and such.

cplns

Postby cplns » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:07 pm UTC

Dreamt my friend Catherine was a Pokemon and we had to fight through a vast field of Charmanders to get to the Pokemon Center to save my other cats.

EDIT to add one from today's nap:
I was on a Survivor-like game show set in an old school. In one of the games, 11 metal buckets were set in a horseshoe shape around the room; 8 of them were set over fires of various sizes. The idea was to reach into these buckets on your turn and pull out as many little pills as you could before burning yourself. The two not over fires had Skittles in them, the smallest fires had sugar pills, and as the fires got bigger the pills got more and more powerful. The last bucket was basically in a bonfire and had these huge egg-shaped jewels in them.

Most people, including me, started out by going for mid-level pills, testing out how hot they were. I came back from my first turn with a blistering burn on my arm. But one girl who looked suspiciously like Daenerys Targaryen kept reaching for the egg-jewels and not being able to grab one. Another girl wearing stockings and high heels and a fur coat reached in a grabbed all the jewels like it was nothing. Dany girl gasped and yelled, "A dragon!" and the host guy was like "Never trust a girl who can wear tights in this heat."

The twist at the end was that you had to take all the pills you had grabbed, and the ones that survived won. People that were pansies and grabbed Skittles were all HAHA and ate all of them. People that took more powerful pills fell over dead, and the girl with the jewels choked on them and died too.

WilliamTheConqueror

Postby WilliamTheConqueror » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:06 pm UTC

Had a dream where a stray Australian Shepard showed up at my house. I fed it and cuddled it and somehow got flea bites all over my arms, except they looked like small mosquito bites, and then scabbed over really quickly. It was weird.
addams wrote:Fucking Nature.

Tomlidich the second wrote:You cannot surgically graft enough middle fingers to my body to express how fed up I am with this.

Return to “General”