Sleep-time holodeck experiences

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Sableagle
Ormurinn's Alt

Re: Sleep-time holodeck experiences

Postby Sableagle » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

This'll be a bit disjointed because it was 10 hours ago, but ...

My small car that I no longer have, trying to drive out of some place somewhere like Morocco via the construction work. Nearly made it, took a lot of detours, bumped over some sand piles, tried an angled ramp onto the road, rolled, flopped back onto the wheels, eventually found a way out.

Car with only me in transformed into a minibus full of tourists along the way. We pulled out past some pulled-over cars, several police vehicles and armed police and two groups of people kneeling in the road, one lot marked with red Xs and one in oversized white long-sleeved t-shirts looking relieved. The tour guide explained that the ones with the red Xs had been caught using drones to target tanks for airstrikes, and would be executed, while the ones in white hadn't been and wouldn't be.

We got into a town and I don't remember the detail now but there was something about a sweetshop ... called Sugarbomb, in English. We were in it and left and I saw the sign behind a lamp-post and thought it was curious that is was in English. Big golden "S," red "ugarbomb."

Bus eventually reached first of our hotels. People got up to get off. I got up to let someone else get off. Someone told me to go first and I said I was staying on because I had a way back. That turned out to mean back to the present day, as we'd gone back in time to 1920 and were leaving people there, and everyone started looking older as they were getting off because if I ever saw them again they'd be 70 years older, meaning I probably would never see them again.

Actually, never seeing them again is normal at the end of a tour, but seeing the whole rest of a good-looking woman's life (in which you won't appear) crinkle her face in the seconds she's getting off the coach for the last time is quite a sad feeling.
Oh, Willie McBride, it was all done in vain.

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:47 am UTC

Spoiler:
I had a dream... that my surgeon was some guy from a horror movie, and he did my operation without... proper procedures. And then chased me all around town--Everywhere I went there he was. He did reality bending like coming through my turned off television set. He was driving a taxi and we don't even have taxis here? And when I got in he force me to go get the operation RIGHT NOW, and botched it, again. While being very sexually inappropriately and not following ANY PROPER PROCEDURES re: usage of anesthetic, clean surgical tools, comfort of the patient... it was a like a terrible horror movie inside my head why sleepy time holodeck experiences why? </3 *Cries helplessly.*
Amy Lee wrote:Just what we all need... more lies about a world that never was and never will be.

Azula to Long Feng wrote:Don't flatter yourself, you were never even a player.

New User

Dream

Postby New User » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:20 pm UTC

I decided to play Baldur's Gate, a video game that I'd often heard was good but which I had never played (also true in real life). During character creation, by luck you'd sometimes get an item called "bagt of skill". This was a typo, and it was supposed to be spelled "bags of skill". It was a great benefit to get these bags, because inside, there could be more bagt of skill. I later looked in a Dungeons & Dragons rulebook, and I found the same spelling: bagt of skill. I then wanted to find out where it originated, so I looked at a Dungeons & Dragons forum, and found that the spelling was an inside joke among the Dungeons & Dragons community, and it was ubiquitous to the point that it had practically become the official spelling, since it was even in the core rulebook. I still never knew if it originated in Baldur's Gate or if it was spelled that way even before the video game.

emceng

Postby emceng » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:22 pm UTC

Most boring dream I've had in a while: I was wearing new jeans that I had purchased, because my old ones were getting worn out. It did feel nice in the dream though - I've been too busy lately to go shop for jeans, to replace my old ones.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

Coyne

Postby Coyne » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:05 pm UTC

I drove into a parking lot surrounded by buildings. No one seemed to be in any of them, and the lot was deserted except for me. The doors had various names in gold letters, one of which was "Moahk Automotive." But my heads-up display showed labels for NSA, CIA, DHS, and etc.

Hmmmmmmm...

Real world source, maybe: R'Moahl was the name of an alien race in a series of paperbacks, by Jo Clayton.
In all fairness...

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:03 am UTC

I dreamed I was a science fiction space agent lady in the futures. I had a dashing male partner... and he flirts with me all wildly and totally inappropriate re: our jobs doing... a nonsensical missions I don't even pay attentions to? Anyways, we fought aliens that wanna kills us dead, we come out unscathed. We had political intrigues including: Being in some alien princess's parties and trying to learn their social customs. Then: I kiss my male partner at the ends. He kinda... pulls me into it but I don't fight back? And just kisses him like he wanna out of me the entire mission.
Amy Lee wrote:Just what we all need... more lies about a world that never was and never will be.

Azula to Long Feng wrote:Don't flatter yourself, you were never even a player.

The Snide Sniper

Postby The Snide Sniper » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:58 pm UTC

I'm biking past my house on the left side of the road in medium traffic, and the cars that pass me magically manage to not hit the oncoming traffic. I look out the side of a stopped semi truck to see the traffic at an uncontrolled intersection (which magically has no crashes) stop for a crowd of bikes. A girl (I don't remember exactly who) texts me, saying "You asked me to create a love triangle." When I walk my bike out the side of the semi truck, she starts shipping me with a 26-year-old girl named "Elliot" and another girl.
Also known as "RamenChef" on various other fora.
Me on: Drawception | Explain xkcd | NationStates | The Sluggite Zone | Stack Overflow

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:27 pm UTC

I keep having nightmares about mundane things and then later on remembering them and being momentarily confused if that mundane bad thing really happened or if it was just a dream.

For one example, I dreamt that my mom was in the hospital again, and I was visiting there, and her landlady was also there and reminding me that her eviction was still pending, to which I protested that Mom said that had all be cleared up, and the landlady said that she must have been lying to me. Some time the next day or so I was feeling down about life in general and worrying about Mom's pending eviction as part of that... until I realized that that hadn't actually happened, I had only dreamt that, and everything was fine with Mom.

For a slightly less mundane example, I had a dream that I was somehow back in time at an event with an ex girlfriend I had at the time, which made me aware that it was a dream, but still in the dream space I was thinking about her being my ex, and that reminded me of my recent breakup with my current girlfriend, which made me sad, until I sorted out that the memory of a breakup with my current girlfriend was itself part of the dream, and everything was fine with her. Still over the next few days I would occasionally feel a twinge of sadness as I "remembered" the dreamt-current state of my relationship, until I remembered again that I had only dreamt that, it wasn't real, and I've got a fun weekend planned with my girlfriend starting tomorrow.
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

addams

Postby addams » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:45 pm UTC

Yeah...Dreams can seem very real
I had a dream that I had a Cat.

I could feel his little body in my hand as I picked him up.
I was awake for ... well .. a few minutes before I realized.
"I don't have a Cat.
Besides; There Are No Purple and Orange Cats!

It was a nice dream.
It was fun having a Cat.
No! I don't want one!
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:46 pm UTC

addams wrote:It was a nice dream.
It was fun having a Cat.
No! I don't want one!
That's a haiku. :)

Sounds like a lovely dream!
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord
(tell me if link doesn't work)
----
NiteSciFi, sci-fi forum that needs more members

Coyne

Postby Coyne » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:09 am UTC

The dream even had a title, "Around the World in 80 Years" (ref). This ne'er-do-well decided to walk all the way around the Earth, which was possible because the Earth was ruined, not sure how. The surface was all craters, some of which had a deadly acid lakes in the bottom, but overall there was little water left in the world. People lived a hand to mouth existence on the few green patches remaining, all over the world.

I am not sure why walking around the world took 80 years. That is less than 1 mile per day. Maybe he just wasn't ambitious.

Anyway, just before I woke up, he was selected as primary diplomat to the alien conference because he was the only human who had covered any significant portion of the Earth's surface, and met any significant number of the remaining human groups. Nevermind that he had to be over a hundred and twenty years old. Rejuvenation or life prolongation? Not sure.
In all fairness...

SuicideJunkie

Postby SuicideJunkie » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:00 pm UTC

I was 30 minutes later to work than usual because I was stuck in traffic on the highway amidst a bunch of honking.
I ended up abandoning the car, loading my Dad and a co-worker on a convenient plank of wood and taking to the sky to follow the highway into town and reach the office.
Then I woke up and did the trip alone.

Coyne

Postby Coyne » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:43 am UTC

Had the kitten dream again, the one where I rescue the abandoned kittens. There were seven this time, five scrawny week-olds and two healthier month-olds.
In all fairness...

emceng

Postby emceng » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:41 pm UTC

I was on vacation with my family, a resort someplace with a beach. Only other part I remember was running into a co-worker at dinner. She ordered deep fried mozzarella sticks, with a steak on top.

Another one - I was in a mansion or large opulent building. Was trying to warn someone about something - they were doing something illegal, or were going to get caught. It was involved with politics, maybe the president. I kept trying to tell him, but could not find an area that was private. We were headed to another area of the house, when this old white guy that was a lawyer stopped the guy I was with, and they started talking. I went into a nearby room to try and eavesdrop, but got scared and moved away from the door in case they checked on me.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:20 pm UTC

In my dream last night, all of S Club 7 were posing together naked.

I believe they were posing around a car. They were playing themselves in an episode of Episodes. In the show's universe, the naked stunt was some kind of pathetic attempt to put themselves back on the map.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord
----

Liri
Healthy non-floating pooper reporting for doodie.

Postby Liri » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:44 pm UTC

I was wandering around the estate of an old English manor and came across a football team posing for a nude calendar.

(This was not a dream)
There's a certain amount of freedom involved in cycling: you're self-propelled and decide exactly where to go. If you see something that catches your eye to the left, you can veer off there, which isn't so easy in a car, and you can't cover as much ground walking.

Dr34m(4+(h3r

Postby Dr34m(4+(h3r » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:14 am UTC

Something about Jordan Peterson and a radio signal coming from inside a submarine that was launched from inside a house

Edit: This morning I dreamed I hadn't done a whole lot of homework that I was supposed to do for an online class.

The Snide Sniper

Postby The Snide Sniper » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:03 pm UTC

Some drama about a bed covered in garlic. Near the end, I was nostalgic over seeing the bottom of the bathtub (which apparently is different from the one I see in the shower every day). Then, I realized that I could take over my brother's body. I remember exactly what the method was, and it made perfect sense in the dream. It wasn't until a minute or so after I woke up that I realized how ridiculous it was.
Me on: Drawception | Explain xkcd | NationStates | The Sluggite Zone | Stack Overflow

Soupspoon
You have done something you shouldn't. Or are about to.

Postby Soupspoon » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:09 pm UTC

Ok, I've decided I'm writing this for real (I already dreamt I wrote this one from last night up, this morning)… Fragmentary to the whole adventure as it is.

For some reason, we need to fight off these Lego spaceships, that a friend (acting as GM in the 'game', though it seemed more important than mere games) had let loose on us. We had little Lego blasters to do it. At the most basic, the element of the 'gun' that worked was a flat-brick with a button-top you could squeeze that lit a LED/laser-thingy in it. Probably piezoelectrically-mediated conversion of pressure to light.

The spaceships, I worked out, had equivalent flat-plates with an optoreceptive window (or three, for the more complex bricks with multiple disruptive edges) that took a properly aimed 'blaster' flash's light and reconverted into a small but tenacious worm-geared shifting of part of the block. It effectively reversed the pressure-to-light as light-to-pressure. With impossibly high conversion rate (practically near unity, once you go past the 'virtual' gearing between the limited give of the button that needs pumping and the larger give of the output that moves several pips'-worth inexorably outwards) and yet with tuned sensitivity (only the blaster-light activated the mechanical movement).

Pump the blaster-button and you cause the Lego to disassemble/fall apart due to the receiver element's disruption. But there were multiple (at a minimum three at a time) of these things flying (how? Probably similar techno-magic, which I didn't question too deeply, unlike the destructo-mechanism…) at us, and multiple waves. Maybe the crumbled models were rebuilt. I got a lot of practice in while experimentally determining the facts I ultimately got to know behind the scenario.

Coyne

Postby Coyne » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:25 pm UTC

The first part of the dream involved the creation of a chunk of ice. A ditch with 45 degree walls was filled with water to a depth of 18 in. The bottom ranged from 18 to 36 inches wide. When it was full of water, the woman wizardess, who was Nicole Kidman, touched the surface of the water with a finger freezing it to solid ice in an instant. It was then cut to length, 300 feet, and she floated it away by magic.

It was a component of a much larger obelisk. It was laid against the side of a core obelisk along with 4 other identical pieces and welded together to create an obelisk 72 x 72 at the base and 36 x 36 at the top. Taller than 300 feet because the dream revealed that it was later topped. Somehow, it was inside.

The tippy-top end wound up being a rectangular end about 36 by 48, topped by a pyramid that tapered down to a knife edge about 2 feet long. An intruder floated to the top and tapped the center of the tip with a fingernail, chipping off a piece and starting a crack.

As the workers were carving on the obelisk, the crack begin to extend. One of the Gollum like workers, well-meaning but an idiot, tried to heal the crack by licking it, but of course this just extended it until finally a big piece fell off. The troll like Master Workman on the floor saw what was happening and somehow brought the piece to rest without it shattering on floor, he floated it down so he had some magic, too. The falling off of the piece revealed two characters who had been frozen in the ice, one of whom was fox-like. They were seized and the wizardess was called.

She came, but she didn't do anything about the two characters. Instead she started getting ready to lift the piece back into place. The master Workman reminded her that she had to be naked and she said, Yes, I know," and shed her robe. She then floated up with the piece and somehow welded it in place, healing the obelisk. The two characters that had been in the ice were not intimidated, I remember thinking that they should have been after damaging an obelisk belonging to a wizardess of such obvious power and determination.
In all fairness...

New User

Sleep-time holodeck experiences

Postby New User » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:40 pm UTC

I dreamed I wanted to go to some electronics exposition, but my friends cancelled at the last minute. So I went alone, but it wasn't very interesting or fun. I then decided that I wouldn't go to the next exposition, at least, not alone. As I was leaving, I saw a reenactment of the first fusion-powered spacecraft to leave earth. It looked like Princess Leia's ship at the beginning of Star Wars, but it was relatively low in the sky over a city. Lots of people were looking up at it as it powered up its engines. It then disappeared, apparently because it moved away faster than light speed. A few seconds later, it crashed into the city. It wasn't the powerful kind of crash you'd expect from a spaceship moving at light speed, it was as if it just fell from the sky and the earlier disappearance meant nothing. The spaceship caught on fire, and there was only one death, which was apparently the pilot of the craft. But there was another man who was famous to history as a witness to the crash who barely survived, and half of his body was badly burned.

After stirring and returning to sleep, I dreamed that in the newest Star Wars movie, Luke Skywalker transferred his consciousness into C-3PO's body. So he looked exactly like C-3PO, but he could use the Force. Somehow, the real C-3PO was still out there as well. Unrelated to this, Donald Trump was associated with a mafia-like gang of crooks and thugs, mostly represented by anthropomorphic rats. They would help him track down his opponents and blackmail them, or just beat them to scare them so they wouldn't oppose Trump. They captured Luke Skywalker (still in C-3PO's body), but he was asleep or unconscious. When he awoke in the gang's hideout, they immediately started to harass him, and Darth Vader was there and he grabbed Luke from behind and held his red lightsaber to Luke's neck threateningly. Luke was calm and only a little irritated, and was able to easily use the Force to repel all of his attackers and Darth Vader without harming them, and he calmly tried to talk them into releasing him, claiming that he was a harmless old man in a robot's body and they had no reason to involve him in any of their dealings.

Coyne

Postby Coyne » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:51 pm UTC

According to my dream, Microsoft Windows has a flag you can set in order to exclude unwanted Klingons.
In all fairness...

Liri
Healthy non-floating pooper reporting for doodie.

Postby Liri » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:17 am UTC

My lab uses a transgenic mouse strain for some of our research and the gene name, Scn1b, comes from some process done to cheese involving steel.

:|
There's a certain amount of freedom involved in cycling: you're self-propelled and decide exactly where to go. If you see something that catches your eye to the left, you can veer off there, which isn't so easy in a car, and you can't cover as much ground walking.

The Snide Sniper

Postby The Snide Sniper » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:52 am UTC

I'm playing a generic Pokémon game. I'm in a pokéasylum talking to the manager, when in comes the rival, really big and holding an even bigger pokéball, making threats to the manager to get a pokémon. Suddenly, the guards turn on the manager.

The rest of the dream is a game theory episode about Yellmo.

emceng

Postby emceng » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:51 pm UTC

I was thinking about moving to a wooded island that was in New York. Drove there, and stopped at a state park. Other people were leaving because it was starting to rain. I was thinking about living there to write a book, but then found out the only way to get to the island was via a ferry.

Another part, was at a bar with my friend Nate. That's all I remember.

Third part - the motor on my stand mixer died, and I was really upset.

addams

Postby addams » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:28 pm UTC

emceng; Your Dream makes perfect sense.
Trying to find a place for personal creative work.
Hitting obstacles and having technical troubles.

Yet; Your friends show up. (Yey)
Through all of it, you have support.

Chattering on about self:
Spoiler:
I was working a very stressful job.

At work we stopped long enough to talk one day.
Several of us were Dreaming about the Job.

We did a hard job we hated during the day.
We were doing the same damn job at night.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:56 am UTC

Interesting bits from my dream last night:
  • Me and some of my friends went into the men's room somewhere, and Stewie from Family Guy was surprised that we hadn't gone in there to have sex.
  • My brother and I were walking along a grassy path, then reached an area covered in huge (waist-height) piles of ice cream, chocolate, and caramel.
  • A man fell off his bike and was on the ground bleeding through a big hole in his gut, but he said he had an "oscillation", which for some reason meant that the bleeding was expected and nothing to worry about.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord
----

Sableagle
Ormurinn's Alt

Postby Sableagle » Thu May 10, 2018 8:20 am UTC

Some sort of documentary about how sexist Hollywood used to be {used to be?}, featuring the actress who played Wonder Woman in one of those really early films where the special effects consisted mostly of the actors playing bad guys moving more slowly and the camera taking fewer frames per second. She was explaining how she'd not only done all her own stunts but actually invented many of them, and gave an example of how she'd dived over a railing to intercept crooks fleeing up the stairs, and explained to the director that if she didn't reach the stairs {why's there a gap between the railing and the stairs?} she could hand-spring onto them "like this," with a demonstration, and she demonstrated the move. Pretty damn athletic. Then she went on to how she was expected to "be a woman" for the male crew, and she demonstrated that too. She told me she knew to expect me to be rough, so I wasn't. {HA! Take that, expectations!}
How the heck we got from there to a group karaoke competition in costume at a D&D convention I have no idea, but there were latex LARP swords awarded for doing well and I got to swap out mine for better ones and advise other people on which they'd like ... then instead of going back into LARP we sat down to play pencil-and-paper.

I'm sure there was a link somewhere but it eludes me now. I don't think she was even in our group at the convention.

emceng

Postby emceng » Mon May 14, 2018 3:35 pm UTC

I was at a dinner party and was telling a story about being on a bridge when it collapsed in 2012. I was saying how I was super lucky because I hadn’t worn my coat that night, and if I had I would have drowned.

Something about the bridge dumping me in the water, then I was just hanging out in the water. Saw my friend Rob holding a fraternity banner, and I was wondering why, because he wasn’t in that fraternity. I think he was on a kayak or canoe.

Other people were saving dolphins that were around this tower that might have been part of the bridge that looked like Tower bridge, or at least one of the towers.

Another part I was wandering around a city at night, it might have been raining. Was with my friend Derek, and we were going out drinking, or coming back from drinking. At one time we got separated. I went looking for him, and he was at a restaurant eating dinner with a group of co-workers.

Then there was another dream that I was playing an RPG from the 90s. I’ve had many dreams about this game, but I don’t know if it even existed.

SuicideJunkie

Postby SuicideJunkie » Mon May 14, 2018 9:24 pm UTC

I was trying to punch in at my job, using an ancient radio-button & spinning-labels punch clock gizmo at the door to the concrete bunker.
While I was desperately trying to focus on getting it right, the bridge crew of ST:TNG showed up at the door in front of me, and started arguing that they should do a remake of The A-Team.
Then, shortly afterwards, the bridge crew of TOS showed up behind me, loudly arguing that they would make a far better A-Team.

I didn't really have an opinion on the topic as I haven't actually seen an episode of The A-Team.

...I don't know why people feel the need to talk so loudly in the hall in the morning...

Soupspoon

Postby Soupspoon » Tue May 15, 2018 7:12 am UTC

Snippets:

I am doing laundry, and drying various underpants on limited hanging-space. Captain Mainwaring (from Dad's Army) thinks I'm doing it inefficiently. A pair of boxers is apparently too heavy. I point out that they are thin cotton, despite their generous use of material, while a pair of slimline speedos are (unlike what you'd expect) made of far more waterlogging fabric despite their briefy-briefs nature in size. Private Frazier (also there, from Dad's Army(??)) offers to make them lighter by unthreading the lace-like waist-chord from them to lesten their weight for hanging. I know that it's an absolute pain to re-thread the chord again (and the minimalist benefit from its removal) so express in no uncertain terms that if he removes it, he will be the one to replace it. Scene ends, before the matter is resolved (but no sign that he would stop, so I can only assume I couldn't bear to even imagine him doing the work needed.

Another repair-type thing, elsewhere in dreamland, involves my camera. (IRL it has a loose battery compartment hatch, if I don't handle it properly, which may be the initial inspiration for this, whereas I haven't worn/washed speedos for years.) Some meddling person (not from the classic British comedy scene, SFAIK) ends up ejecting the batteries 'for me'. They are very hot to the touch, and the two capacitors(?) needed to be attached to their ends are damaged in the process. One comes off, and then I'm struggling to get all the hot pieces together again as parts start to get muddled by 'helpful' people like the original one, and by the time the scene ends I'm mostly worried about a semi-translucent plastic cap that acts to channel the light from the glowing(??) capacitor to the outside of the battery assembly (but, interestingly, is of no use when hidden within the camera body, seems to be a perpetually-wasteful charge indicator, although as it's a capacitor and not an LED one assumes it doesn't pass current and therefore leech any significant charge - of so I rationalise my in-dream situation post-facto).

This does not get anywhere near being resolved, either. I seem to dream about annoying people a lot.

emceng

Postby emceng » Tue May 15, 2018 1:39 pm UTC

Was in a tunnel with Derek. We were trying to decide how to do something - extend the tunnel, or something. There were ancient steps made of jade at the end of the tunnel in the ceiling, and we were talking about removing two steps, or digging around them or something.

Something about being on vacation, and waiting for my brother. He was on a mountain or something.

There were people in a neighbor's yard milling around talking. I wandered over and we gossiped about one guy's wife leaving him. He was a famous Hispanic baseball player. Either he or his wife had been unfaithful.

Went to a nearby house. I might have owned it as a rental or something. We were hanging out, but it was in poor shape. Went to go into one room, and the house started coming apart at the seams. We all had to run out.

Another night
I was at a river next to a damn. Decided to walk to the top, and it took forever. The view at the top was great, but I decided to keep climbing, because there was a visitor center at the top of the dam, then a tower to go higher.

Sableagle
Ormurinn's Alt

Postby Sableagle » Tue May 15, 2018 5:28 pm UTC

emceng wrote:I was at a river next to a damn. Decided to walk to the top, and it took forever. The view at the top was great, but I decided to keep climbing, because there was a visitor center at the top of the dam, then a tower to go higher.

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a beaver-nest?

Do the views down Kaprunertal from above the lower dam and from the upper dam, which has something like a visitor centre and a sort of tower seem at all familiar?

Spoiler:

The views are indeed great. Everyone there speaks German, too, which makes visiting it really easy.

emceng

Postby emceng » Tue May 15, 2018 8:05 pm UTC

Looks really cool, but no, not familiar.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Tue May 15, 2018 11:04 pm UTC

I keep remembering fragments of old dreams apparently for no contextual reason at all, and all of the different locations with similarities to each other around their edges are making me feel like there's this whole dream world in which all of these otherwise unrelated dreams are set.
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

emceng

Postby emceng » Wed May 16, 2018 1:26 pm UTC

I was in a house that apparently I lived in, but isn’t familiar. I heard someone at the door, and when I went to it, my friends Paul, Kyle, and Chris walked in. I was surprised and super happy to see them, and gave Paul a big hug.

We were going to road trip from Fargo to Minneapolis for a party. We piled in Chris’ car, except for Paul. He had to get something out of his car, and Chris started screwing with him by driving away, then parking so the door he had to get in was up against another car.

We finally got out on the road, but the road was narrow, there were people and buildings up close to the sides, and it had a bunch of turns that aren’t really there.

Soupspoon

Postby Soupspoon » Sat May 19, 2018 8:51 am UTC

One massive "one scratch and you get the zombie blood-virus" dream, last night, or at least mostly. Not that it was restricted to simple scratches (gaping wounds were caused by the zombie/Rage people, the good people trying to stop them and the bad people trying to off the good people). Hints that *I* had a sort of immunity/"I got better" thing from a prior episode, ubut barely so and it concluded by being slashed by a ?sibling? (either zombie or zombie-aligned) with expectations of a suitably 'heroic downer' cinematic conclusion.

Not a nightmare, just very 'thriller-drama' in structure, with 'horror' as a sideline in a cartoony way (not so much 'blood and guts' as 'blood and jelly').

With some spying as well. At one point I was trying to work out if (to fulfil an infiltration role within the Bad Guy offices) I was supposed to order 4096 German-style pain au chocolat (I forget the dream name for them, and there's probably a real German thing named after one of the cities other than Berlin, Frankfurt, etc, but that's essentially what they were) in my 'cover' as a secretarial-type person who supposedly knew the Bad Company handbook inside out, where it specified the minimum quantity of everything that could be ordered, in the event that it be ordered.

New User

Postby New User » Tue May 22, 2018 1:38 pm UTC

I dreamed that Premium brand saltine crackers was involved in the porn industry. There was a small store that was owned by Premium (which in real life is a brand name from Nabisco), and inside the store, customers could meet porn stars, and chat with them, and take pictures with them, and even do yoga exercises with them. There may have been fees for these activities. But the porn stars were also trying to make sales of camera mounts, and maybe camera tripods. Camera mounts were the only product that was sold in the store. Premium crackers weren't even sold there, it's just that the store was sponsored or owned by Premium. There were many boxes of the crackers stacked up all over that place, and some stacks were haphazard and had fallen over. Still, I remember that someone was carrying more boxes into the place.

emceng

Postby emceng » Tue May 22, 2018 5:31 pm UTC

Was in a medical robe because I was going to have an operation. Was trying to figure out if I should go to the bathroom before or after. Male doctor or nurse bugged me about stuff. I decided to go, and went into a bathroom. It had two toilets right next to each other, no stalls. Tried to sit on one, but it was overflowing and got my feet wet. I tried to figure out if I could use the other one, then went looking for another bathroom.

Woke up from that one, and didn't have to pee - which is probably the weirdest part.

Was in the library at a computer, and for some reason had lots of cash. It was from a cash register or something, like I was taking money for a charity or had sold stuff for a charity. Was trying to sort it out(50s in back, then 20s, then 10s, etc.) but kept getting distracted. At one point an old lady nearby stood up and left, and loudly said she left because someone farted and it was really smelly. I looked around, and I was the only one sitting near her :(

I'd had beans for supper, which may explain that last part.

Coyne

Postby Coyne » Tue May 22, 2018 9:14 pm UTC

I dreamed that I was a developer buying up a whole bunch of depressed area houses so that I could redevelop the area. I hired myself to take pictures of the inside of all of the houses, not sure why, but it seem to have something to do with proving that I actually improved the area after I rebuilt it.
In all fairness...

Return to “General”