Sleep-time holodeck experiences

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Sprocket
Seymour

Re: What were your dreams last night?

Postby Sprocket » Thu May 12, 2016 6:52 am UTC

Mostly they took place in a two story fancy restaurant with persian rugs where some holliday party type event was occurring. I kept not wanting to wake up and spent a lot of time doing very mundane things in this dream like walking up and down the stairs to retrieve various forgotten items before leaving. I was also working in a movie theater where-in a movie was being shot. This is not normal. And I went to Daves Fresh Pasta, which is a great place i haven't been in a really long time. I think Matt Parkman from heroes was at the restaurant, and i was kind of watching his kids, but not very well. Oh and it was kind of a chinese restuarant and I went into the basement with my mom after talking to the front desk person about something she wanted, and they basically had like a "secret" museum down there with like, statues from China and art and then other smaller imports you could look at. It was pretty bad ass.
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
Zohar wrote: Down with the hipster binary! It's a SPECTRUM!

Coyne

Postby Coyne » Sun May 15, 2016 7:42 pm UTC

There were two parts.

Part I
I was Rockford: me, a client, and two others I don't remember were in a room, quietly sneaking up on some people in another room of the same house. The client decided to flip a coin to figure out if we were really going to do this and, for the coin, selected a silver dollar.

He flipped it up in the air, and the other three of us realized that, when it hit the floor... There was a wild scramble of attempted catches, bouncing the coin around like a volleyball, but the effort failed. The coin fell to the floor where it bounced loudly three times before rolling under something...where it found a grate to the furnace and fell through. It binged-and-clanged merrily down the pipes, finishing up with the rib-rib-rib-rib sound round objects do when settling on a flat surface. (The client could hardly have revealed our presence more effectively by firing a gun.)

That's where that segment ended, the rest of us glaring at the client, while concerned voices rose from the other room.

Part II
I was a pilot, flying a client and associate (who apparently was acting as steward or something) from somewhere (evidently Sheridan, Wyoming based on setting) to somewhere northwest. (Maybe Cody, Wyoming; Jackson, Wyoming; or Yellowstone National Park; no clear destination.) The actual onset of the dream was me guiding the plane through passes and canyons of the Bighorn Mountains of northern Wyoming (that's the setting that is crystal clear), I'm sure the travel was from east to west. I remember quite clearly the foggy surroundings and the blue-green trees showing through the fog; even now I can still see that picture.

The plane was a two-seater, open seats, not enclosed; like a biplane. (Yes, I know there were two others in the plane; they weren't in my seat, so they must have shared the other or something.)

Having crossed the mountains, I realized a storm was coming from the north and so we weren't going to be able to get where we were going. I remember the dream getting very sketchy as I successfully landed us in an airport somewhere toward the south. That's where I awoke.

Comments
I don't recall ever having a dream in which a coin or anything like that bounced to make noise of that type. May be a first.

The color of the trees though...I not only dream in color, but often quite precise color; though the colors are often muted and dusky as if on a darkly cloudy day or near sunset. But I remember one dream from long ago where there was a pool of blood (no context for it) and I remember looking at it and thinking the clear thought that it wasn't human blood because it was too purplish. (The closest I could come in Wikipedia was HTML purple.)

I remember trees in fog from hunting when I was a kid and, from my memory of that and the dream, the color of the trees in the dream was dead on.
In all fairness...

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Fri May 20, 2016 11:33 pm UTC

I dreamt the kitchen was on fire and I suffocated on the smoke. Although popular fiction had me believe that if I die in a dream, I die in real life, this turned out to be false, as I just woke up instead.

Apparently I drooled quite a bit on my arm during this dream. That's not quite the same as dying though. I feel deceived.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

Kalium_Puceon

Postby Kalium_Puceon » Sun May 22, 2016 11:26 am UTC

I had a comic dream, but not XKCD or SMBC this time, which is new.

Instead, because I re-read half of Questionable Content, it was a weird QC strip involving Hannelore and Jimbo making a tauric Mickey Mouse outfit. I have no idea. At least I knew it was a dream this time.
"You never get over the desire to do stupid things. You simply have to overrule your stupid urges with an acquired sense of fear."

-Dr. Richard Weisiger

emceng

Postby emceng » Tue May 31, 2016 1:23 pm UTC

I came home to a house that wasn't really my current house, more like a place I lived in during college. It was super, super crowded with people watching election coverage. I went upstairs to my room, but was confused because my room was tiny, like only 4 feet deep, and there was no wall separating it from the rest of the house. I thought wait, that's not my room, and that's good, because it wouldn't fit all my Legos in it.

Then later, trump won the election, and I was having to give serious thought to what I should do. Whether moving to Canada made sense, or what.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

emceng

Postby emceng » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:28 pm UTC

I was in a darkened store, like a Kohl's or Penney's. I was there with a few other people, and we were stocking the hanging things that hold shirts on hangers. It was a race or competition against the clock. Some of the people there made fun of me because I didn't do well the first few times, because I'd never done it before. We were doing this in the dark, with just a little light, and the shirts were black Star Wars shirts.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:41 pm UTC

Played an old, nonexistent, point-and-click game. Focused on four characters. Controls each individually through four acts. (Meets them outside their personal arc too.) Gathers information towards a joint fifth act. Convinces two non-player characters to distract the villain's henchmen. Transitions to the final act in a cavernous area with Act One's character. Remembered four things from previous experience:

1. Triggers a (generous) fifty-three minute time limit by speaking with someone. May wander around freely beforehand. Cannot solve puzzles or pick up items (except one) prior to the time limit, however.
2. Receives a call from the game company. Sent a mechanic to fix your game.
3. Features a maze. Presumed it to be minor. Wandered in random directions until successful as a child.
4. Placed a red crystal behind a pillar. Never hinted at this.

Forgot something about Point Two, unfortunately. Met the mechanic. Agreed to the repairs. Encountered a second mechanic. Allowed that too. Evidently worked for the villain. Erases all save files and shuts down your computer. Woke up shortly afterwards.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:40 pm UTC

It had been a while since I'd had a dream where I was back at school, but I had one of those dreams last night. In the dream I was there for a History revision class, but I also knew in the dream that I have a job and for some reason had just returned to school for that one day. (So why would I need History revision...?)

Then there was some of the usual dream toilet rubbish (first I can't find a toilet, then someone walks in on me while I'm going, then I can't find a sink...)
Discord for Forum Games posters
---

emceng

Postby emceng » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:45 pm UTC

Starting to fade, but...Was at the airport, and randomly saw my brother. We talked about stuff.

Was on a plane, and the seats were sideways. The pilot flew the plane upside down and skimmed the ground before going in to land.

Was in a hotel, and it was a survival free for all thing. I was looking for my clothing, because I'd left it in a room. I had clothes on, but wanted to change. We barricaded a door to keep people out of a hallway, but it was still easily accessible from the sides of the hall.

Link

Postby Link » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:41 am UTC

I was walking through this desert-like area with a group of people, and suddenly River Tam (!) says "Shapes, shapes in the sand. Don't move!". Sure enough, within moments, stuff starts crawling around us below the sand, and we're dragged under. Just when we're about to suffocate or cave in to the pressure, we're deposited back at the surface -- except those who resisted being dragged under are never seen again.

Then some time later (I know some things happened in the mean time, but I forgot what, exactly), we all get horrible stomach cramps and start coughing up these disgusting slug-like things that quickly scurry away. At that point, I woke up.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:06 am UTC

I was cuddling with this super attractive human female specimen and there was a board game about life. Every time I squezed her closer , my piece on the board would move 2 spaces. The game never ended.

Anyone want to attempt to analyze what my dream means?
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Beatrice wrote:The world is quiet here.

Tillian wrote:You should call yourself Rapunzel. Y'know, because rap puns sell.

Soupspoon
You have done something you shouldn't. Or are about to.

Postby Soupspoon » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:06 am UTC

Not until I work out my own... ;)

I had a game/relationships thing of my own, arguably. I was Batman (a new one on me!) in a city around which I could only move at a macro-level like one of these games where you link diamonds/whatever by swiping a finger1 through successive nodes. (Loads of grey nodes. Dark grey shaded nodes, mostly. That sort of Batman.)

But at local level, it was business as usual for Batman in the realistic (if dark-and-gritty) streets of Gotham. There was some time spent fighting criminals, including Catwoman, and some time saving people from violent car accidents(?), including Catwoman! Meanwhile, Batman used an alter-ego of a paraplegic old man in a wheelchair (or just dragging himself around) to 'run' his own crime syndicate, more akin to the way the Green Hornet operates except for the faked disability, and makes heavy hints to his head henchmen that Batman might actually be a woman. (I think he's trying to 'frame' Catwoman, which further complicates this dream's version of the traditional Bat/Cat relationship confusion, if he's also setting his own pet criminals onto his main squeeze...)

But it seemed more logical at the time, and now seems less logical than I have somehow managed to convey. But that's dreams for you. Not sure where most of it came from, unlike the obvious mixup composites of the prior day's events and activities that I often get.

1 "Quick Robin! To the BatStore!" s/Bat/App/, geddit? No, not an actual quote, and it wasn't Adam West-era, but seemed a batropriate thing to say, just now...

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:07 pm UTC

I dreamt about a place that does not exist. Like an abandoned marble mine in s pine wood. Pretty sure that I have dreamed about it before too.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

emceng

Postby emceng » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:43 pm UTC

Saturday night - I walked through a door at work, and was headed to the safety lab. As I walked by, I overheard a co-worker say something about how she needed the person on the phone to repeat themselves. She said she'd eaten a pot brownie on Saturday, and she was still a bit out of it because of that.

New User

Postby New User » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:59 am UTC

My dream was quite Silent Hill-esque. I was roaming through a building with long hallways with several rooms branching off, as if in a school or hospital. In each room, I could search for clues to try to find a murderer. There were supernatural things going on and a few monsters roaming the hallways. Sometimes I was alone, other times I had a companion. My choices were limited, and it seemed as if I could predict what was expected of me, as if I was in a video game. I also remember there was some sort of lobby with a mezzanine, and there on the mezzanine were desks covered with paperwork I had to sort through looking for clues. Something about reading through a dossier.

emceng

Postby emceng » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:34 am UTC

My family was going to my father's law school graduation. He was driving us in a van and kept getting madder and madder because he couldn't find a place to park. He circled the block and all of a sudden the cars were in diffreent spots, showing that he could have parked along this one road. Then we found out that we were in the wrong place, and had to drive elsewhere. My dad was speeding wau over the limit, and it wasw 7:37 when we were supposed to be there at 7. At the ceremony his name was called and he went up to a table and picked up his diploma and looked back at us. I expected something more - shaking hands, etc., but was thinking maybe that was it, and kept expecting my mom to be taking pictures. I finally had to motion to her to do it. I was also thinking we needed excuses as to why we were late, which was because of a plumber being late or taking longer than he should have.

I was at my fraternity, but it was a different building. Three stories, hidden rooms, etc. We were having a party or something, and a woman showed up. She showed me a video of two lesbians having sex, and said she needed to find them. We let her look around. They were upstairs, and got upset because she was a stalker. We let them hide in another room, but the stalker ended up staying the night and following them in a bathroom I think. Later there was something about bugs hanging from the ceiling, and a guy thanked me for suggesting getting a spider vacuum.

Dr34m(4+(h3r

Postby Dr34m(4+(h3r » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:21 pm UTC

I dreamt a really bad movie that was like a combination of Buckaroo Bonzai, John Carter, and an 80's sports movie. The underdog football team just got pranked by the evil rival football team. Dejected, the main character wandered offscreen, and accidentally wound up in a different dimension filled with fauns, but with GWAR style makeup. They had a whole bunch of adventures there that I don't remember, briefly wound up back on earth feeling defeated, then finally worked out a plan (which was unspoken). They then went back through the dimensional rift, taking two friends with them, and a giant sack of $1 dollar bills. They accidentally left the sack of $1 bills at the outskirts of the camp, which one particularly evil looking Faun found and took back to a tent, where there were a female Faun and another male Faun. The other Male faun got angry and said there should have been more $20 bills in there, and the other male faun said "You said there should only be two" and that was the end of the argument. They then revealed that the entire thing was a plot to get the money so that they could send the newborn Chosen One to earth to be raised there in order to fulfill a prophecy that would unite the three clans, the Warrior Clan, the Scholar Clan, and the Farmer Clan. The football players were upset that they left the sack of money behind, but then the main character came up with a brilliant idea; walk offscreen a second time. This took them to ANOTHER parallel dimension populated with tiny humans. Somehow the character knew that if they took anything from this dimension back to their own dimension though, it would become giant. So they took an alien "wriggling yam" with them. Then the next scene is the enemy football team lounging around, when suddenly a gigantic wriggling yam falls on them, trapping several of them and causing them all to scream, flail and run away. Then the protagonists all high-five, and that's the end of the movie.

Dr34m(4+(h3r

Postby Dr34m(4+(h3r » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:01 am UTC

I had the stupidest dream just now. A shadowrunner team were in a slum apartment complex and happened across a bomb that displayed a timer running down. While they were looking at it trying to disarm it, they got a call from someone telling them that it was a trap, which confused them because duh, a bomb is a trap by definition. But apparently the bomb had something valuable inside. The timer was fake, the real triggers were whether someone tried to disarm it and whether someone tried to take the mcguffin. So after much much stressful deliberation the runners decide to let the timer run down, and it doesn't explode, but actually disables itself. They then leave the mcguffin alone, figuring it's bad juju, and leave.
So, breaking it down:
If shadowrunners try to grab the mcguffin, bomb explodes, the slum complex and mcguffin get destroyed.
If shadowrunners try to defuse the bomb, bomb explodes, the slum complex gets destroyed.
If shadowrunners do nothing, bomb opens, inviting them to take mcguffin.
A random person they have no reason to trust calls them.
Making it more complicated, the runner team followed up on the guy who called them, tracked them, and found out they were a famous decker, and that they got arrested immediately following the call. So apparently:
If decker tries to warn the runner team, decker gets arrested.

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:29 pm UTC

Ooh, forgot about my dream last night... it's one of those ones that's genuinely scary when you're having it, and then it's hard to explain why when you're awake. But basically, I was in my room, and everything past the door to my room was weird reflections of me, like there were mirrors moving around out there. Only all of the "me"s were standing up and moving around, not lying in bed. I started trying to scream and then woke up. :?
Discord for Forum Games posters
---

emceng

Postby emceng » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:08 pm UTC

It was night. Was sneaking in to a school gym, through windows that were high up on the wall. Think I was leaving a party or avoiding an annoying group of people. Came in, and saw my sister in law sitting on the end of the bleachers near me near the top. She made a comment about something, then I went down to the floor. I really had to go to the bathroom, so I went in one that was halfway down the row of bleachers, but it didn't have full walls. Like it had a door, and walls, but parts of the side walls were open, and there was no roof, or kind of a part ledge roof above. Sat down on the toilet, and cat barf dripped off the ledge roof onto my legs.

emceng

Postby emceng » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:53 pm UTC

Bits and pieces. Was being chased through a hospital and/or library. At one point went out some double doors, and jumped or fell down some stairs, then up other stairs at a right angle to the first set. Then for some reason started bashing in part of a wall because the stairs ended in a wall, and when i got through it my mom yelled at me because she'd just fixed it.

Later I was laying on the couch in my parents' living room. My dad walked in and I offered the couch to him. He said he didn't want to, and laid on the floor and ate some Pepto Bismol and said it was better for his stomach laying on his side on the floor.

Dr34m(4+(h3r

Postby Dr34m(4+(h3r » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:24 am UTC

I dreamed that a remix of Behind the Drapery from MGS5 got included in Pop'n Music and had a really fun chart.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:11 pm UTC

i dreamt that the top of someone else's brain had been surgically attached to mine and the top of my skull was falling off as a consequence and hospitals didn't exist and nobody could help me
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

emceng

Postby emceng » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:08 pm UTC

My sister and I were on a trip. We stayed in a hotel, then left after the weekend, and came back the next Friday. We walked in the room, and it was a mess. I was confused because I didn't think I'd paid to keep the room, and even if I had the maid hadn't stopped by in the days we were gone. I was there for work I think as well.

We went to bed(separate queen beds) and in the middle of the night a naked woman was in my bed. I reached over and touched her breast twice. Then she started climbing all over me. At some point she got up and put lingerie on, and released purple and black balloons from the ceiling. Then at some point she realized I wasn't her husband or boyfriend.

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:49 am UTC

Weird one in which Westley from the Princess Bride is shown to be an immortal being who has been around for as long as the earth (he is but he isn't Westley, different face).

Flash forward and him and Buttercup are trying to get married but they have to catch the train because the officiant who must marry them is on board, they miss it and think maybe it's a sign and they shouldn't get married. Flash forward several years and they decide to get married after all, find the train, but on board is a soothsayer woman who reveals that Westley will go on to become an American icon, something starting with an "i".

Flash forward one last time to an early prototype Iron Man suit and Buttercup kissing Westley goodbye before he flies off to test it.

Spent the first few minutes after waking being sad that there was no way to marry that with existing Tony Stark canon origin stories.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.

New User

Postby New User » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:17 pm UTC

Some men were researching a rocket indoors, apparently to test it for military applications. I could see into the future or something, because I saw some still images of the rocket (it was supposed to be a V-2 rocket but it was no longer than three feet) being set up on a tripod-like stand, and being accidentally activated. The rocket launched and immediately crashed into the ceiling, making a hole and then filling the room with smoke. Next, I saw the researchers gathering and assembling equipment for the testing. I knew that the rocket was going to be accidentally launched and would hit the ceiling, and I was pretty certain that I wasn't the only one who knew this. There seemed to be some concern among the researchers that it could happen, but their attitude was that it could be avoided if they were careful and especially if they didn't put it onto the tripod. There were four electronic timers, which had to be assembled to wires that connected to the launching mechanism. The researchers were busy trying to get these timers and the other electronics assembled and working, and it turned out that some of the timers didn't work as intended so I was tasked with getting them repaired or replaced. I asked some young women nearby, and they either gave me a new timer or they modified the one I had. I gave it back to the researchers, and everyone could see that the four timers didn't match (two were black and two were white) but the project was on such a schedule that this had to be ignored. They connected the timers anyway, even though there was a concern that they wouldn't function properly in unison. The rocket was placed onto the tripod (not sure why) and I tried to warn everyone that it could launch into the ceiling. The general attitude was that it was a risk they had to take. Moments later, the rocket was inadvertently activated because one of the white timers, modified by the young women, activated prematurely. It began to launch, slowly at first. It hit the ceiling just as in the still images I had seen earlier, and made a hole and became lodged deep in the structure above us. The room started to fill with smoke and I had to help evacuate everyone, including the young women from before. I had a sense that the accident could have been avoided but it wasn't my fault since I tried to warn them and my authority was overruled.

Seeing a glimpse of the future in still images might have come from a film I recently watched called "Paycheck" which had a science fiction premise about glimpsing the future. The electronic timers looked kind of like components on machines I use daily at my workplace.

Soupspoon

Postby Soupspoon » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:08 pm UTC

Not last night, but the night before last, there was a spectacular re-envisaging of a locale I knew very well, undergoing ground-breaking (in some cases literally) redevelopment of the site, especially with underground excavations to open out (multilevel) basement space to the open air. With some dodgy scaffolding leading down onto the hole with one bit of railing missing. Which I particularly thought was a bit odd, as well as dangerous, as it was public access at ground level right to the edge of the 7-8 storey excavation, down which people were expected to use that adjacent scaffolding stairwell into the depths.

This came back to me as, yesterday afternoon, I found myself in a nearby complex looking at their display of their redevelopment plans (mostly building out and up, admitedly). Had it been time-reversed, I would have assumed inspiration and memetic morphing.

But the key dream/reality aspect to the experience was that I was listening to something through my earbuds (in the dream) but even on removing them I was still hearing what was playing.. I actually felt for a second earbud's lead and removed that from the left ear (it had been inserted further in than the first) and yet still the noise continued.

When I eventually woke, I was still hearing, and listening to, my (over-ear) wireless headphones, that I had gone to sleep listening to. I had been hearing (quite clearly) my real headphones whilst in the dreamstate, without realising I was in a dreamstate (I've never really had many lucid revelations). Unless I'm currently dreaming that I'm awake, and it was only then, on the stairwell in the very real (Health and Safety nightmare of a) redevelopment, that I was awake and yet auditorially halucinating my 'dreaming' playlist.

addams

Postby addams » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:11 am UTC

I dreamt the clothes washer was malfunctioning.
A malfunctioning washer is a big deal in my world.

I was trouble shooting the machine when I noticed water flowing on the floor.
The water was running from the clothes dryer toward the clothes washer.

That's Wrong!
It woke me up.
The End.

Except; Dreaming of water is rumored to have some special significance.
Spoiler:
Long, long ago, before the internet;
professional adults would write and read books on Dream Interpretation.

Today, that sort of thing has fallen out of vogue.
Thank goodness; Good riddance to the practice.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

emceng

Postby emceng » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:37 pm UTC

My father was helping one other guy carry something heavy for a masonic ritual. He was getting inducted into something. I kept asking to do it for him because he gets tired so easily due to cancer. He kept refusing. At some point we were sitting up in bleachers watching the ritual prep, which was just a long, long table covered with stuff. Maybe food and candles.

My girlfriend left me because her allergies were getting worse and worse. We grew apart because we didn't see each other every day, and then broke up.

Yeah, not a restful night. I woke up unhappy and upset.

AngrySquirrel
Hellish Sex Goddess

Postby AngrySquirrel » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:06 pm UTC

My nightmares are very creative. It used to be monsters, coupled with daily horrors like missing exams and such. Then it was creatures eating bits of me while I was in bed unable to move. And then there was the whole thing with dead family members showing up to blame me for them being dead and being a disgrace and such. Lately however my nightmares have revolved around the kids in my family drowning or getting killed in some way while I've been unable to do anything to prevent it. It's really nauseating and the dread feeling don't leave my body for hours after I've had the nightmares.

Last night I had a nightmare my niece fell off the pier and drowned. I got to her and managed to pull her up and start CPR, but I couldn't get her to start breathing again. Then my brother showed up and blamed me for not looking after her.
Putting the fist into pacifist.

they/them/theirs

Sheikh al-Majaneen
Name Checks Out On Time, Tips Chambermaid

Postby Sheikh al-Majaneen » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:57 pm UTC

I noticed with my tongue that one of my lower teeth was really loose, so I pushed it, and...several came out all at once, complete with some gums and jawbone. After a second of freaking out, I put it down on the table which was covered in legos...realizing how similar it looked to them, and knowing that when you lose a tooth it's good to keep it in your mouth if possible when going to the ER or dentist, I decided to put them back in, but couldn't find it.

Then I woke up and made damn sure that it was just a dream.

New User

Postby New User » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:13 am UTC

I have often dreamed of loose teeth or teeth falling out.

Sableagle
Ormurinn's Alt

Postby Sableagle » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:12 pm UTC

Something about the seaside. There were really BIG waves coming ashore in inlets, and I thought I could get a really good photograph if I went to a particular spot, so I was working my way there over stacks of stuff under tarpaulin, leaning on a rickety wooden fence along one side of it, hoping it wouldn't collapse, and worrying that my camera would get wet.

That's all the detail I remember.
Oh, Willie McBride, it was all done in vain.

emceng

Postby emceng » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:45 pm UTC

Was in a massive battle against stormtroopers. It was part strategy board/video game, and part first person live action. I was built like The Hulk, or slightly smaller. At one point was in a stairwell and grabbed an enemy, put him over my head, and threw him down the center of the stairwell. I was then thanked by nearby soldiers.

Soupspoon

Postby Soupspoon » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:03 pm UTC

Soupspoon wrote:When I eventually woke, I was still hearing, and listening to, my (over-ear) wireless headphones, that I had gone to sleep listening to. I had been hearing (quite clearly) my real headphones whilst in the dreamstate, without realising I was in a dreamstate (I've never really had many lucid revelations). Unless I'm currently dreaming that I'm awake, and it was only then, on the stairwell in the very real (Health and Safety nightmare of a) redevelopment, that I was awake and yet auditorially halucinating my 'dreaming' playlist.
Recurred theme last night. This time, the 'radio' was clearly some electronic box of tricks hidden on a shelf somewhere around the room (allegedly on the upper floor of my friends' house, although it looked more like my childhood home, and it was past midnight and I'm not sure I should even have been there, never mind playing radio programmes) but I just couldn't find the device.

And I was clearly hearing what was actually playing to me from my very real headphones as I 'slept'. I might try to see if I can make use of this phenomena, to catch up on news and current affairs during my downtime. Superliminally, as it were. ;)

Sheikh al-Majaneen
Name Checks Out On Time, Tips Chambermaid

Postby Sheikh al-Majaneen » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:03 am UTC

New User wrote:I have often dreamed of loose teeth or teeth falling out.

Yeah, it's kinda a common dream, like going to school and realizing you missed all the classes for your next final and aren't even entirely sure where the class is.

I'd had dreams about cracked teeth and teeth splitting several times a year, but that was just a lot more vivid and memorable than usual.

Last night, I dreamt that Haiti had been hit by what was called a rock-nami (think tsunami), which sounded a lot less ridiculous in the dream (stonami sounds a lot less awkward, but dream logic, eh). Apparently before it happened, there had been a lot of political improvements made recently there. And the rocknami caused extraterrestrial flowers to start spawning.

New User

What were your dreams last night?

Postby New User » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:22 pm UTC

My dream was a lot like the movie Terminator. A robot came back from the future to kill someone, but the robot looked a lot more like Kyle Reese from the Terminator instead of Arnold. For a while it was the typical "run from the killer robot" kind of thing, but later in the dream it changed a bit. The robot became integrated into the human society, and accepted and was accepted by humans. Another killer robot (also looked like a human male) was sent back to destroy the first, but a group of humans was helping the first in adventurous escapes, always barely staying one step ahead of the second robot. The first robot was considered very handsome or attractive, so anywhere he went he didn't have much trouble getting a woman to lend him some help. In fact there was a brief subplot about this robot's romantic interludes, in the vein of sappy old romance films like Casablanca. The second robot also got involved with human society, but he wasn't empathetic towards humans. It realized that catching the first robot wouldn't be a simple task, and it also aimed to accomplish that one's original mission, which had become more difficult since the humans and the first robot had become a team. So the second robot made allies with some kind of agency or something. It was kind of vague what the purpose was but the robot ended up being dressed in a military officer's uniform and spending time in an office with a few desks. It was just using the agency or whatever as a way to further its own agenda. I went to visit him there, but I'm not sure what the reason was. I think I just wanted to meet him. He acted friendly enough towards me and any other humans he met, but it was clear that it cared nothing for humans and was just using them as means to an end. And it's primary intent was to hunt down and destroy the first robot, and even though it would carry on a jovial conversation, engage in small talk, and share cigars with the humans, it would also occasionally ask questions as to the whereabouts of its target.

Dr34m(4+(h3r

Postby Dr34m(4+(h3r » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:20 pm UTC

I dreamed I was raising a kid on a ranch in the desert, and a random guy kept coming by and asking if he could shoot on my property, and I said "Maybe occasionally, but I can't have you doing it every day, or when I'm not around. Maybe a couple times a month, or once a week at most, and you have to call ahead." But he didn't seem to understand.

Sableagle
Ormurinn's Alt

Postby Sableagle » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:26 pm UTC

Something about skiing and somehow getting to the top of the lift without my skis or sticks, so I had to ask someone to watch my bags while I went back for them ... by zooming down the piste without skis, skimming over snow and rocks beautifully ... and came back with them on ... the same way but uphill.

So basically I dreamed I had the superpower to travel like an AC character, running at 40mph with no head-bobbing effect and no regard for gradients.
Oh, Willie McBride, it was all done in vain.

doogly
Dr. The Juggernaut of Touching Himself

Postby doogly » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:30 pm UTC

Earlier this week I dreamed the coach for our group at work had his own brand of Jamaican jerk seasoning.
LE4dGOLEM: What's a Doug?
Noc: A larval Doogly. They grow the tail and stinger upon reaching adulthood.

Keep waggling your butt brows Brothers.
Or; Is that your eye butthairs?

Return to “General”