Sleep-time holodeck experiences

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Brace

Re: What were your dreams last night?

Postby Brace » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:18 pm UTC

I had several dreams. One was in south park cartoon style. Someone found a magic lamp and there was some sort of fad that started where people would wish for some kind of sandwich, which was called a BLJ. Except if you wished for it you would be eaten by a yeti. But then McDonalds or someone found out how to mass-produce the lamps so everyone was being eaten by yeti's. At first they showed up randomly but then I found out they drive secret service style cars, and have a GPS that tells them whenever someone makes that particular wish and where they are.

Another dream involved ghosts on some offworld planet. Only they weren't really ghosts, it was really that toxic fumes had completely screwed with people's minds. This was something that a salvage crew learned when they went there and discovered that there was still a chef and some other personnel (who were also still mentally screwy), but that everyone else had been killed in horrifying ways during the intoxication by stupid things they did. And of course the tragedy started happening over again for some reason. One of the most vivid things I remember is that the chef was supposed to be serving hot dogs, but instead gave a man some sort of molten hot sausage-sized metal bar, which the man proceeded to put in is mouth with the result that his face just sort of gradually imploded. But he was too out of it to notice or spit it out.

I'm trying to remember what the other dream was. Oh, right. I dreamed about some extremely skilled back country skier/survivalist who got lost in the woods, and ended up trekking to the canadian border without realizing it. A park ranger followed him and stopped him right as he was about to pass by some lake. Then he congratulated the man on his wilderness survival skills, gave him a drink of water, and then pointed out that across the lack was a border patrol station. He said that a man had just been shot dead for passing by the station without stopping. At which point the main character in my dream asked if it would be possible to visit some canadian border town, since he was already there, and the park ranger mentioned something about a curfew; nobody allowed into or out of the country after 7pm or something; so he'd have to be very quick if he wanted to do that. The dream ended with the main character going over to the border station and intentionally pissing off the guy who had shot the other guy, then kicking the crap out of him, before disappearing back into the wilderness.

Oh, and there was one other dream I had about some sort of ranger who occupied a world with much supernatural phenomenon. For instance, he knew a humanoid demon who was basically a succubi, except without the modus operendi. Occasionally they would get cravings and basically swallow something or other whole, often people. The ranger knew her personally but was always busy, and figured she was harmless because he'd never seen her eat a person. She was always texting him ridiculous things that more or less said she was eating people and causing mayhem, but she had such an ADHD personality type that he always figured she was just joking. But basically, the dream involved him coming to this realization and getting her to go on a diet (since it wasn't within his power to actually kill her, and he wanted to stay on her good side anyway).
"The future is the only kind of property that the masters willingly concede to the slaves" - Albert Camus

Kang

Postby Kang » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:06 pm UTC

Cathy wrote:How do you guys remember your dreams so accurately? I just get vague outlines and just-out-of-reach details.

Don't worry, nine out of ten I don't remember a thing at all.

SuperTD

Postby SuperTD » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:23 pm UTC

A couple of nights before christmas I was falling asleep listning to the Harry Potter 6 Audio book. Because I have it all on one cd, it plays through the night whilst I'm asleep. The story was near the end, at the point where Harry forces Dumbledore to drink the potion at the horcrux. The sound must have been seeping into my dreams, as I remember that I found dumbledore had come down my chimney dressed as Santa, so I forced him to drink the sherry I'd left by the fire for him, and listened to his cries of phrases like "No, please, no more! I don't want anymore! Don't make me drink it!"
nightlina wrote:Damn.. if there was a cannon ball thrown for every time someone was wrong on the internet.. well... I don't think we'd have enough cannon balls!

Jave D
chavey-dee

Postby Jave D » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:52 am UTC

I dreamed I relapsed and was scraping the powdery shake from an old bag of weed for another pipe load. Then I found myself worrying about relapsing and having to change my clean date, and thinking that if I was doing this I might as well go grab the full bag of weed I had stashed away in the corner before going to rehab. I woke up feeling guilty and groggy and concerned. But relieved. For one thing I'm not living in that place anymore, and have no conscious desire to do drugs. But concerned because I apparently have a subconscious one. But relieved because at least it's being expressed subconsciously rather than in my waking life. And guilty because, I don't know, I'm just very comfortable feeling guilt. It's my go-to emotion.

The Milkman

Postby The Milkman » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:17 am UTC

I dreamed I was in a school dodgeball tournament, and it was down to me and another teammate on my side, and a seven-year old with no front teeth wearing a foam helmet on the other. The kid was whining that he can't play without this inflatable kiddie pool (without water) being on the court (it was just off behind him), and apparently, it was known that if it were on the court, the kid would be a great player.

But the referees wouldn't let it on, so he just stood still and complained, while we tried to win. We just couldn't, and it was mostly because of rule sharking on the side of the referees, which we complained to profusely.

God, whenever I remember my dreams, they're always so absurd.
Do you love My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic? Did you wish that you had a place to talk about your love? Then join #xkcd-ponies! You won't be sorry.

emceng

Postby emceng » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:33 pm UTC

My dream last night was amazing. I don't remember the last time I've said that. There was some preliminary stuff about working in a warehouse that I don't remember clearly. The rest...

I was at my parent's house, when they still had their pool. I was..not out of it, but not in a normal state of mind. I was trying to repair the edge of the pool, but generally just enjoying the scenery. Everything was incredibly vivid. The colors, water, pool lining. All were bright and enhanced, even to the touch.

My sister was there, and I started talking to her about it. I talked about the amazing mountains, purple, snow capped, vivid and gorgeous. She kept telling me they weren't there, but I could see them. She then said I was on drugs. I thought about that and realized that if that was what being on drugs felt like, I wanted to be high all the time. I then saw a dragon in the mountains, with a wing like the ragged sail of a windmill. Again my sister said I was seeing things.

The whole dream was pretty amazing. I felt euphoric, and everything was so, so pretty.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:04 pm UTC

I had this really strange dream last night, and I'm surprised I remember it.

I was working in some sort of futuristic field hospital as a nurse or some sort of technician, treating someone who would later become known as a war hero. It became known that someone very important (though, exactly what their importance was was never elucidated) was to come visit the injured soldier. All of the people that had gathered to see and talk to the soldier were ordered to leave the tent, leaving just the soldier, the doctor, and me.

In the center of the tent was a large stone, circular platform, upon which a woman suddenly materialized (some sort of transportation, I suppose). I could tell she was really important, but I couldn't tell if she was some sort of commander or civilian official. The woman stepped from the platform and approached the soldier and began to talk to him.

The strangest thing about the whole dream was that some of the words the woman used had completely different definitions within the dream. The greatest example, and the one I remember most clearly, was the word "gay". For some reason, in my dream world, the word "gay" meant the same thing as "brave". She kept calling the soldier "the gayest, most honorable soldier...".

While listening to her talk, someone tapped me on the shoulder (in the dream) and I woke up.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:50 pm UTC

Dreamt in a dream. Ran through a self-improvement exercise/game. Started as a fairy-like being (in terms of size and flying ability), along with a friend. Swiped some object from much larger creatures. Or rather, attempted to. Caught the friend and took them somewhere. Tried to save them aggressively, but ineffectively. Said to curb that temper or never rescue them. Retreated through a network of pipes after that.

Noticed the game element around this point. Shifted to two-dimensional. Had eleven total attribute points, distributed (and redistributed) as desired. Recalls at least one checkpoint requiring three of an attribute and two of another. Could have received bonuses for purchasing certain (other) games too. Evidently needed either character or money to succeed. Go figure.

Reverted back to three dimensions and lost the wings (probably lost those earlier, actually). Fled from people while dragging along a young-ish child. Uncertain about the child’s role, only that the pursuers wanted them. Held contempt for the child, though. Probably moved slower with them. Eventually ran through a restaurant area. Commanded them to sit down, consume a packet of salt (a particularly bad thing for their body, for some reason, though non-lethal), and be a good distraction. Evaded the pursuers from then on, but not the child. Found them again, looking a bit ill. Wanted to come along, despite being used as a clay pigeon. Welcomed them back. Got along better following that.

"Woke up", surrounded by some friends. Cannot recall much about them, other than seeing them while "awake" at the very start and in the middle. Had tried several awakening methods (including a bonk on the head, supposedly). Officially woke up shortly afterwards.

Seems to dedicate a significant proportion of time to fleeing/hiding. That, and attending dream high school. Graduated dream high school, went to dream college, and then had to return to dream high school due to some requirement. Over the course of multiple dreams. Takes English, Biology, and maybe Math. Even recalls a looming Biology project across dreams. Does not look forward to that deadline (whenever that is). Adds onto the anxiety by skipping most classes. Remembers forever finishing French, at least.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

jillton

Postby jillton » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:40 pm UTC

When I was in final year in school we were studying King Lear, our teacher was talking about how nihilistic the play is and looking at the darker side to it, and about the Fool and Lear being crazy etc etc then he said "but for all I know we're all part of someone's imagination and they're banging their head off a padded wall somewhere..." - We all laughed and that was the end of class. I didn't think about it again as it's not the first time I've heard that...

That night, I dreamt that I woke up in some kind of asylum or institution, I was surrounded by doctors who were going mad that I was awake. I was tied down onto a trolley and they wouldn't let me out, not even to hug my family who were all there. Eventually they get me to stop fighting and the doctors injected me with a sedative, I was crying saying I didn't want to go back to sleep, my mum was holding my hand crying and telling me it was for my own good. I woke up crying as I was "falling asleep" in the dream. Spent the next 2 days unsure if life was real or not =/

I used to have a recurring dream as a kid, that my dad had moved to Russia or somewhere extremely cold for work, when we got into the house and put all our bags down and started sorting things out my family went to the shop to get food for dinner. A few hours pass by and they're not home yet, I get nervous but convince myself it's all fine. I turn on the TV and the news is reporting 4 frozen bodies found in a lake nearby...

I used to also have another recurring dream, it starts out with me on the couch watching TV, then I realise I'm levitating, then I realise I can fly, I fly around my house for a bit, when I kinda get stuck, and then realise there's a witch chasing after me, I try to get away but I can only move in slow motion, then I suddenly have the knowledge that there's one of the I think red nose day bears - the one that has the scarf over one eye and his fur is yellow? - in one of the cupboards with a bomb inside it and I need to get to it before it goes off....
"you get sloppy drunk, I stay whiskey neat"

jillton

Postby jillton » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:43 pm UTC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygf0gRQsUb4

I had a nightmare that this guy was chasing me around my neighbourhood when I was REALLY young.

He still scares the effin crap out of me.
"you get sloppy drunk, I stay whiskey neat"

EmulatedSteve

Postby EmulatedSteve » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:20 pm UTC

jillton wrote:I used to also have another recurring dream, it starts out with me on the couch watching TV, then I realise I'm levitating, then I realise I can fly, I fly around my house for a bit, when I kinda get stuck, and then realise there's a witch chasing after me, I try to get away but I can only move in slow motion, then I suddenly have the knowledge that there's one of the I think red nose day bears - the one that has the scarf over one eye and his fur is yellow? - in one of the cupboards with a bomb inside it and I need to get to it before it goes off....

This is sort of similar to a dream I had.

At the time I was in a sort of weird phase in my life, I was thinking about coming out of the closet to my parents. I was exploring my sexuality at that time, and it seemed right. Currently, though, I'm not gay, and I guess it was just that time where I wasn't sure who I was.

Anyway (this was years ago), I dreamed I was exploring a giant cave system in a mountain. It was exciting and beautiful; it was this scene where the stalactites and stalagmites almost met, and their colors ran so beautifully together -- almost like an earthly rainbow of mixture. I explored for, what it seemed like, for hours. I looked at the cave wildlife. I looked at the reflectivity of the water and reflected on myself the person I had become. I couldn't accurately describe to you the image that I saw -- it was a creature, almost human but not. It was a thing, a thing not human yet not completely animal. Before I could accurately and cognitively create a rational reason for the image that I saw, I was yanked away.

My feet started moving against my will. I walked toward the end of the cave.

But, when I got to the end, there was a standing door. Was it a door... to the past? to the present? to the future? to my death? to my creation?
As if by magic, the door opened.

And out comes the reflection of myself! It begins chasing me, with eyes of fire and passion, ready to engulf my being -- to replace my very soul. I run as fast as I can, to get away from it; it was a part of me, or even entirely me, but it wasn't me. I look closely and, as to what I can physically describe, it was a man. This man had a golden ring on his left hand. But no matter what I do, he keeps reaching his hand out to me, to touch me; and no matter how fast I run, he is the exact same distance behind.

The man stops running and at the same instant my legs stop. I'm forced to turn to face this man.

He is right by the water where I had seen my reflection. He turns, with his back towards me, and bends to look at the water. I see what he sees. It's a reflection of me -- the exact me. With his hands, he reaches out, and pulls apart the water. A hole is made; a hole to what I can only describe as my own soul. I am sucked in against my will.

And then I woke up.

thorgold

Postby thorgold » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:43 am UTC

Mind virus! I dreamt of SCP-990. given what he is, and the fact I can't remember details, scares the shit out of me.
You can refuse to think, but you can't refuse the consequences of not thinking.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:31 am UTC

I had a grey Scottish terrier and one of its puppies. The adult dog picked up the puppy, I heard a crunching sound, and it put the now limp and unmoving puppy back down on the floor.

That was an upsetting dream.
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

Wiskie

Postby Wiskie » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:10 am UTC

During finals week I was under a great deal of stress, and so I dreamt that I was in a haunted halfway house that was 90 stories above ground and situated at the top of a parking ramp.

It also just so happened to be filled with all varieties of thieves, punks and gangsters, circus people, Southeast Asian despots, and rabid wolves. :|
"Today we wield both kind of uncleftish doings in weapons, and kernelish splitting gives us heat and bernstoneness. We hope to do likewise with togethermelting, which would yield an unhemmed wellspring of work for mankindish good gain."

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:37 pm UTC

Possibly triggering:

Spoiler:
Setting is some kind of post-apocalyptic world, where everyone got superpowers and it's chaos and anarchy everywhere. I end up with teleportation and use it to help my family, then wonder how the woman I was obssessed on is doing.

I teleport to her and find her in the middle of being raped by a huge brute (he had super strength or something, and she had something empathy-related).

I teleport a little bit of his spinal cord in my hand, pull him away, and shove it in his nose.

Then the rest of the dream was very vivid and long drawn and consisted of me teleporting away little bits of his brain one by one and experimenting with the effects, while she looked in shock.

Uh, it's good that for once the bad things are happening to someone else, I guess.

Ptolom

Postby Ptolom » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:14 pm UTC

.pacnew files (Arch Linux saves updated config files as *.pacnew if the original has been modified) became a swarm of wasps. I had to stand over /etc whacking them with a rolled up magazine.

Nautilus

Postby Nautilus » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:59 am UTC

A month or two ago I had a dream where I had to fortify my house against the zombies.

They built a siege tower, though.
My flagella bring all the boys to the yard

RollingHead

Postby RollingHead » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:50 am UTC

The other night I had a weird dream in which one of my friends was a serial killer and I think he had superpowers, and he had killed five people, one of which in front of my eyes. Later on I was at a party with another friend and he barged in and attacked her, so to save her I grabbed a vodka bottle and hit him in the head as hard as I could. That knocked him out long enough for me to tie him up so he couldn't hurt anyone, but as I carried him outside I realised he had turned into a turtle with a cat's head.
Edit: I usually have the most elaborate dreams when I fall asleep on my back instead of being curled up on my side, does this happen to anybody else? The only explanation I can think of is that I might get more oxygen in that position.

yurell

Postby yurell » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:35 pm UTC

Spoilered for ick:

Spoiler:
So I had waxed my legs, when I noticed a pimple on my right thigh. Annoyed, I squeezed it -- problem solved, pimple gone. Then I noticed one on my left thigh, and the skin around it in a 10cm radius was purple. So I squeezed it, and a little bit of white stuff spurted out. Squeezed it again, and more did. Squeezing harder, lots of the little white globs came out, and I noticed that they always came out in discrete lumps. Looking at one, it turned out to be a maggot (although looked more like an ant pupa). So I squeezed harder, and my skin split then length of the purple, revealing flesh festering with maggots.

I almost threw up when I woke up.
cemper93 wrote:Dude, I just presented an elaborate multiple fraction in Comic Sans. Who are you to question me?

Pronouns: Feminine pronouns please!

Ephemeron

Postby Ephemeron » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:01 am UTC

Dreamed I had lost my phone. Then when I woke up I was so relieved that I didn't have to waste any more time looking for it.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:28 pm UTC

Kang wrote:
Cathy wrote:How do you guys remember your dreams so accurately? I just get vague outlines and just-out-of-reach details.

Don't worry, nine out of ten I don't remember a thing at all.

Confession: a lot of time when I write about the dream I've just had, I'm filling in some of the blanks based on what would make the most sense. But there are some particularly vivid dreams sometimes where I can remember every detail.

Ephemeron wrote:Dreamed I had lost my phone. Then when I woke up I was so relieved that I didn't have to waste any more time looking for it.

I remember when I had lost my phone in real life, and in a dream I remembered where I put it. Sure enough when I woke up, I instantly found it there. Nifty, eh?
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

the_bandersnatch
Actually not so frumious.
Location: on a bed in a room inside a TV in a hotel room in a hotel on a Monopoly board

Postby the_bandersnatch » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:00 pm UTC

Last night I was on the surface of Mars in a spacesuit, when I came across a branch of Boots. I wandered inside to find it was fully stocked, even had air conditioning, the lot. I remember thinking "I don't understand why we don't have a colony on Mars, there's a fully stocked Boots here and everything! We could just live in here!"

It made perfect sense at the time to establish a colony in the Boots as a staging area for the rest of Mars... and provided me with a good laugh when I woke up.
In girum imus nocte, et consumimur igni

RollingHead

Postby RollingHead » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:09 pm UTC

There's been an abnormally long snowfall over the past few days. Last night in my dream one of my friends jumped off my balcony onto the roof across the street, then fell off and landed in a big pile of snow three stories below. He was fine and laughing about it but he gave me a terrible fright, I think it woke me up.

Jave D
chavey-dee

Postby Jave D » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:13 pm UTC

I was wandering through a deserted, abandoned school. I went in a room because I heard someone coming. Inside there were two beds set up, and I got in one and it was warm and cozy. In the other bed there was a moose.

userxp

Postby userxp » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:16 pm UTC

Today's dream was unusually vivid (and strange), and I woke up at 5:00 in the morning for no reason at all (that never happens to me usually).

It was late night after a party or something, and I wanted to go back home, but there was no teleporter home (Team Fortress 2 teleporters), so I had to take the tram home, which was actually a chair on a rail moving at high speed through the city streets. On the way there I saw a friend, and I hopped off the chair even though I knew you are supposed to press the stop button instead. A policeman saw me and arrested me for hopping off the tram and giving cannabis to my friend. I was surprised and angry and told him that I had never done anything like that, but he said something like "you can't prove anything" and took me to some kind of "Reeducation center" in a building where I had to watch a video (which was not actually included in the dream).

When the video was finished I wanted to go find the policeman to tell him that I was finished, but he had left and I had no idea where he was. I had a grenade launcher (from TF2 again) so naturally I threw three or four of them inside the building. Then they exploded and made a few pieces of the wall fall, but luckily only one man saw me and he just looked at me weird. I headed for the police station, on the way to which I had to cross several train tracks for scale model trains, which were actually full-size trains that almost kill me. Then I arrived at the parliament where I saw several political celebrities, and I wanted to ask them for the policeman but then I found him. I can't remember anything else from here.

:|

roband

Postby roband » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:22 pm UTC

Managed to lucid dream for a minute or two this morning. Been a while since I did it last - it was nice.

RollingHead

Postby RollingHead » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:22 am UTC

Cool! The only time I remember being lucid in a dream all I did was try to wake myself up because the dream sucked. Basically I was on the bus going to school thinking it was the first day, but everyone told me it was the second and asked me where I'd been. So then I though that was too stupid to be real and realised I was dreaming, so I started repeatedly and forcefully hitting my head against the bus window trying to wake up.

RollingHead

Postby RollingHead » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:23 am UTC

Cool! The only time I remember being lucid in a dream all I did was try to wake myself up because the dream sucked. Basically I was on the bus going to school thinking it was the first day, but everyone told me it was the second and asked me where I'd been. So then I though that was too stupid to be real and realised I was dreaming, so I started repeatedly and forcefully hitting my head against the bus window in an attempt to wake up.
Aftertought: there have been many times in which I think I might have been lucid dreaming but I might simply have been half awake and thinking semicoherently.

Argency

Postby Argency » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:43 pm UTC

Subconsciously mindful of (and apparently bitter about) yesterday's date, I dreamed Monday night that I met a talking dolphin called Delphi and discovered that she was my soul mate. She was the sweetest, cleverest, kindest person and she loved me for me. Our relationship wasn't physical, mind you, but still I had no choice; together we busted her out of captivity and started a life on the Sunshine Coast of Australia. At first my family thought she was an ordinary dolphin but when she asked that I bring her out of the water and into the living room to meet them they decided to report me to PETA. Together we swam away from the coast to escape but when we came to deep water Delphi surged ahead while I floundered and couldn't continue. She left me weeping there, and I was forced to struggle back to shore where the authorities and my family told me awful things. They said that there was no such thing as a talking dolphin, and that my Delphi had been kept in captivity since birth because she had suffered brain damage in utero from exposure to mercury pollution. They said that I was suffering delusions. I ran away and lived alone on a cold beach for months. I was so confused and lonely. Then one day Delphi came back to me! For hours I was the happiest I'd ever been as we frolicked in the waves, but then she grew somber. She reminded me of what her life had been like before I found her - how the specialists had arranged every minute of her life to be risk free and structured. She thanked me for freeing her from that, but told me that it was true what I had heard - she really had suffered a stroke in utero. With tears in my eyes I told her that I didn't care, and that as long as she loved me I'd always be there for her, but then she sighed. She fixed me with one of her big, mysterious, lovely eyes and said very gently, "You have to stop this Oliver. You know its impossible for me to love you, I'm just an animal. There's no such thing as a talking dolphin."

Suddenly, like staring at the picture of a lamp that finally resolves itself into two faces, the past few months of my life blurred into clarity and the whole house of cards came tumbling down. I remembered everything exactly the same, except now I knew that that the dolphin had spoken in chirps and clicks and squeaks, and that Delphi's voice was in my head. I was distraught, blubbering and choking with tears and snot running down my face. I grabbed her by the flipper and pleaded for her to come back to me but it was no good. She had never been real. Delphi had been taken from me more completely than even death could have managed, and now here I was, crying my heart out in the shallows on some shitty beach being grinned at by a poor, brain damaged dolphin.

Fuck Valentine's Day, seriously.

EDIT: I'm not actually cut up about Valentine's Day as far as I know. But seriously, what a day to lose the dolphin love of your life...
Gonna be a blank slate, gonna wear a white cape.

emceng

Postby emceng » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:01 pm UTC

My dream last night was pretty much an episode of How I Met Your Mother. As in, it was like I was watching or in an episode, with all the characters. I don't remember any details, but it was a pleasant dream.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

roband

Postby roband » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:36 pm UTC

Haaaaave you met emceng?

blue_eyedspacemonkey

Postby blue_eyedspacemonkey » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:48 pm UTC

I had weird scary-at-the-time fever dreams last night. At least 5, all involving people I didn't know invading my personal space in varied ways. Not triggery, violent ways. Nothing that would bother me in real life, actually, but I was all sorts of uncomfortable and afraid in my dreams.

Does anyone else get that? Have dreams that aren't scary when you wake up/remember them, but at the time they were really scary/disturbing?
"Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes"

So. Twitter

emceng

Postby emceng » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:04 pm UTC

I was at the bar from How I met your mother, drinking with the characters. We were playing a game of D&D, but it wasn't normal. There was a board of octagons, a center, double one, then one ring outside of it. My character had twelve gold, and beer cost 5 gold. So I spent all my money on beer. We quit before finishing the dungeon because I was drunk, but I still got some loot, a giant sword - The Monster Sword, or something like that.

saus

Postby saus » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:12 am UTC

This dream was actually a few weeks ago. This girl I used to sort of know wanted to have sex in a public bathroom. This bathroom seems similar to the labyrinthine one in one of my two "dream world" schools. She had a condom and I was relieved because I didn't have one. But it was very large and was like a net, but I wasn't too concerned. Then I woke up, of course. It sounds boring now but I thought it was very amusing, probably because of the girl, who I hardly knew and almost never thought about.

roband

Postby roband » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:59 am UTC

So I'm in the pedestrianised aread of the town centre of Northampton, a town near to where I live.
I'm watching a street act. Which involves Pippa Middleton (sister of the new Duchess of Cambridge) walking across a variety of items placed on top of a table, a balancing act of sorts. She was wearing heels, which made it harder, but I had to leave before she finished.
I went inside the shopping centre with my old best friend (who I actually caught up with IRL yesterday, so that's why I suppose h was in the dream) and we ate at McDonalds - but McDonalds also served pizza! It was like a gourmet McDonalds, very weird.

Can't remember much else.

Ephemeron

Postby Ephemeron » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:02 pm UTC

My family and I went to an orbiting space hotel, with centrifugal gravity on each floor. Problem was that the gravity only worked if you stayed in one place, or kept moving to follow it. If you went wrong then you could float away, and be thrown overboard. One of the floors appeared to have a beach, but it was just a hologram. When we got near, it was actually a very small swimming pool. The urinals were also full of shit.

My dad went home on the second day because the bad centrifugal gravity made him feel nauseous. I thought about all the places we were flying over, where we could have been on holiday instead. And so the rest of us left a day later. I don't know how we got back to Earth, but it was faster than taking the shuttle.

While back on Earth, I found a lab where a company offered this hypothetical medical service. They could paralyse every part of you apart from your head and mouth, and keep you in storage. And this was supposed to make you live longer, or something. I ran out screaming.

Jave D
chavey-dee

Postby Jave D » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:05 pm UTC

Dinosaurs were coming back to life and taking over the country. There was talk of going overseas to like Britain or Europe, but then I saw them swimming very easily through the water (even the kind that doesn't seem likely to) so it was useless. Then me and a bunch of other kids in the class (I'm 31, by the way, and not in school) were searching through a museum or something looking for them and then the dinos came back to life, and killing people horribly. They learned English quickly and we had a discussion and one of the dinosaurs came to a friends house and opened its mouth, and a smaller dinosaur head popped out (Alien-style) of its mouth to talk. At one point we tried to show we still had powers over them by switching on some sort of freezing mist type machine that froze anything that came within the area. The dinosaur tested this (I think with eggs) and then simply targeted the machine itself with its laser eyes and destroyed it. The meeting was over. Later I had a view of the dinosaurs in the catacombs of Paris and other sewer type areas, in vast numbers. And I commented that they would completely destroy the earth's current ecosystems.

Thomas18

Postby Thomas18 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:59 pm UTC

Some pretty weird shit. I was flying through space where I met a green space lady. She insisted that she fed me cake in a time machine...

I hope it doesn't mean anything lol ;-)

Mostlynormal

Postby Mostlynormal » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:04 am UTC

I love dreams. I especially love the way they substitute internal logic for extreme suspension of disbelief, so you can actually live through a surreal nonsense world without freaking out. I just wish I had more of them. I remember one about once a month, if I'm lucky. Anyway, my latest dream was pretty weird. Spoilered for slight gore:

Spoiler:
So the part I can remember is, me and some companions were walking through an abandoned barn or warehouse or something in fairly tight quarters. Everything was brownish I was leading the way and suddenly I heard a scream behind me. It turns out my best friend's dad (this particular guy seems to be in a lot of my dreams fo some reason) got murdered by this sort of crazy (like sad crazy, he had no idea what he was doing or what was going on) homeless guy. Though "I" (in the sense of me from the outside, the one dreaming, not being dreamed) wasn't terribly bothered by it, the "I" in the dream got really angry and vowed revenge. "I" (the dreamed) went and chased down this guy, this poor guy who didn't really have control over his actions, pinned him down and started torturing him. Sort of cutting him up all over and just letting him bleed. This part was really weird because while my dream persona was as determined and angry as ever, the real "I" was horrified by it and trying to get "me" to stop. Sort of like pulling someone off someone else, except you're actually in the first person's body. It was pretty scary, at least inside the dream. I don't remember what heppened after that, whether I woke up directly after or other stuff happened first.

I'm glad I don't buy into the whole Freudian thing of dreams being repressed thoughts, because that would be scary. As it is, I'm not too bothered by it. My "persona" seemed like more a character in the dream than a real part of me.

OBrien

Postby OBrien » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:21 pm UTC

I saw a brony with a RD shirt in my dreams, agreed that she is Best Pony (although IRL I prefer Rarity), then had a nice romantic night with a friend I have strong feelings for. All in all, it was quite a pleasant dream.
Spelling and grammar can go screw themselves.

Return to “General”