Sleep-time holodeck experiences

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

New User

Re: What were your dreams last night?

Postby New User » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:38 pm UTC

I was a spy, renting a bungalow. I attached some device to some cables to illicitly record network traffic. I invited several guests into my bungalow, so I could try to make them feel at ease so maybe they'd let slip some useful information. They seemed impressed by how expensive my rental must be, and they seemed reserved to impose any more costs on my bill. I told them to spend as much as they wanted, but had to remind myself not to tell them that it was being paid for by the government. That would give me away as a spy. So I just told them I had plenty of money, and that money was no object. They seemed skeptical and still seemed reluctant to do anything that would incur more costs. The next morning, after the guests had left, my mother was there to help me clean the mess and set things right so I could check out of the bungalow by eleven o'clock.

Sableagle
Ormurinn's Alt

Postby Sableagle » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:14 pm UTC

I was trying to tell soemone to sit very still so he wouldn't scare off the nearly-thrush-sized bluetit feeding his normal-sized coaltit girlfriend pretty much all over the man and within arm's length of me.
Oh, Willie McBride, it was all done in vain.

Mutex

Postby Mutex » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:33 pm UTC

I ordered a taxi, and when the taxi arrived George Osborne was the driver.

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:47 pm UTC

A police force had put up a memorial to a black man that had been wrongly imprisoned due to racial stereotyping (not sure how he had died or whether it was related to what the police did), and it was considered to be in really bad taste given that it was that police force that had caused the problem.
any pronouns (mainly she/he)
----
----
Discord for Forum Games posters
(Please let me know if the link doesn't work)
Spoiler:
Weeks wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Maybe I am a female Justin Bieber!
Justine Bieber. Alternatively, Miley Cyrus.

NathanBros

Postby NathanBros » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:04 pm UTC

Nightmares again, about planes, with lot's of reflux.
"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car."
VST Plugins Blog: Free VST Plugins Download.

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:17 pm UTC

Dreamed of a variation on a classic.

Sat for an English exam. Allotted thirty-seven minutes. Consisted of four questions. Answered on notebook paper.

Knew how to do it. Wrote a short essay for the first question. Covered the front side. Finished the second in a few lines. Spent twenty minutes total.

Reached the third question. Asked for a short essay. Discovered (through either flipping through the test or the teacher's mention) a page of clarifications now too. Misinterpreted the first question. Only wanted three basic sentences (one per character) containing an underlined adjective appropriate to that character. Never occurred in that essay.

Furiously erased that answer. (Did not rip the paper, surprisingly.) Took too long, however. Grabbed another sheet of paper. Scrawled out two sentences. Called time. Woke up upon handing it in.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

emceng

Postby emceng » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:52 pm UTC

Lots of weird stuff. Part of it was like I was in a movie with Simon Pegg's chubby sidekick guy.

Was locked in a giant building. I was a spy, or was trying to avoid the guards. They were part of a cult. The cult also only ate junk food - sugary, sweet things, which normally I like, but in the dream I was desperately trying to find meat or vegetables. At one point I think I slept with a priestess, then had to sneak out while she went to some ceremony.

Another part - was taking part in or watching a heist. It was in what looked like just a house, but with a large back area more like a business. the robbers broke in from the back area to the front show room, but the cops were all over in front of the house. There was a gun fight, and for some reason two of the robbers were out in the front yard. One of them got killed, and there was a woman with long red hair that started crying and such because that was her brother. At one point the robbers were sneaking out the back, but one old guy stayed behind to hold off the cops.

Lots of the details have faded, but it was a very odd dream. Really no elements that I can see that were drawn from recent experiences, movies, or television that I have watched.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

Sableagle
Ormurinn's Alt

Postby Sableagle » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:00 pm UTC

Some weird martial arts movie thing. There was some young lady who was all innocent-caught-up-in-it then used one of the villain's poisoned pins on the hero. I can't remember any of the dialogue now. Probably a good thing, because it was a martial arts movie.

brucemesnekoff

Postby brucemesnekoff » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:50 am UTC

This is a good question about dream. I saw a very attractive dream last night. I saw that i was flying in the sky at night and moving here and there, I was very happy. i was watching the moon who was looking very beautiful ,when break my dream i was very sad in the morning.

Thanks Bruce Mesnekoff

Sableagle
Ormurinn's Alt

Postby Sableagle » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:08 pm UTC

1) Some sort of fairground. There was a roller coaster, accessed from an unfenced wooden platform reached via an exposed vertical ladder at one end. The ride was closed and reversed back to the start to get everyone off. A sign said anyone who fell was entitled to $600,000 compensation. A woman and two children walked to the long edge of the platform, below which there was a crash mat, as I was climbing down the ladder. I thought they'd jumped, then I saw her walking away with the older child, but not the younger. I looked up, and he was still up there, walking my way but looking over his shoulder at where they'd jumped. I called out to him that there was a ladder to his left, but got no reaction. He approached the edge. I shouted: "Watch your step!" He stepped off the end and fell, face-first. I lunged for him but only managed to get one fingertip to his forehead as he fell past me onto concrete. It wasn't enough.

2) Haunted house, gothic mansion or whatever. The creepy manservant was guiding us. The master of the house was dead on a mantelshelf or some such structure in one of the rooms. "There are people here to see you, Sir," said the manservant. He pulled a revolver and fired a single shot into the master's head. It didn't hit him (due to left 4 Dead physics, I guess) but ricocheted off the stonework behind. The master of the house gave to reply, obviously. "Is he locked in?" asked Anna (who can't see the screen and therefore needs films narrating to her in the gaps in dialogue). I thought that was a joke on "locked-in syndrome," and replied: "It's worse than that. He's dead, Jim."

My punishment for dreaming those two jokes was to have Star Trekkin' stuck in my head at breakfast.

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Angua » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:13 pm UTC

brucemesnekoff wrote:This is a good question about dream. I saw a very attractive dream last night. I saw that i was flying in the sky at night and moving here and there, I was very happy. i was watching the moon who was looking very beautiful ,when break my dream i was very sad in the morning.

Thanks Bruce Mesnekoff

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm wondering if you dream of electric sheep?
'Look, sir, I know Angua. She's not the useless type. She doesn't stand there and scream helplessly. She makes other people do that.'
GNU Terry Pratchett

Sableagle
Ormurinn's Alt

Postby Sableagle » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:11 pm UTC

I dreamed I was planting out seedlings (which I have ready to plant out IRL) and found some peach pits (which are in my compost IRL) had sprouted (which happened just once in the warmth of the compost heap IRL, afaik), and was trying to plant out all the plants without putting any of the baby slugs in with them, and a back-and-white-furred cat (similar to one that craps in my garden IRL) came and tunneled through the compost (much like the snake in this video I watched last night), then ate an earthworm.

I mean the cat ate an earthworm.

Today I learned that if you type "sand boa plays with her new toy" into the YouTube search bar, the suggestion that crops up right at the end is "toyota." Sand boa plays with her new Toyota? If there's video out there of a snake successfully driving a car, I want to see it.

emceng

Postby emceng » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:10 pm UTC

I was the main assistant to a politician(Senator or Rep). Think he was Canadian, as he spoke French and English. He had a stroke, and we were trying to hide it from the media during a campaign. During a press conference I jumped in at the end and put a hand over the mike and then talked in his ear as a pretext of telling him we were leaving, then rushing off stage. We were heading to I think the campaign bus and he was carrying a bunch of stuff. I took some of it from him to make it easier for him, and glared at another staffer until he took the rest of the stuff. We kept walking, I got distracted, and the politician disappeared. We started looking for him, and I ran into what I think was his wife in the parking lot, a cute brunette. She was worried because she hadn't seen him in a while because of the campaign. I told her I hadn't seen him, but if she ran into him to send him my way. I then kept looking. Found a room with a bunch of desks jammed into a corner behind a rope, with an orange tabby laying on top of one of them.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

emceng

Postby emceng » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:50 pm UTC

I was part of a group, maybe Federation, that was on a captured planet. We were hiding from the Cardassians and someone else, and were going to launch a sneak attack.

Later, I was walking to a church rummage sale with my gf. My parents were going too, and had driven. We ran into them on the way when they were parking, and it had taken them just as long to get there driving, due to traffic.

New User

Postby New User » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:04 pm UTC

It's interesting to see that I'm not the only one with Star Trek dreams.

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:11 pm UTC

I had a weird grocery store dream this morning.

When I lived in Las Vegas, there was a chain of neighborhood markets called Fresh & Easy that had previously been owned by Tesco. Tesco couldn't afford to keep the company afloat, so they sold it to a United States grocer and it continued to fail until last October, it closed its doors for good and closed all of its locations.

For some reason, my brain decided to dwell on that by conjuring up an entire scenario where I biked there from my apartment to do light grocery shopping.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks

Sableagle
Ormurinn's Alt

Postby Sableagle » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:58 pm UTC

Someone commented on a river, and I showed him some really wide rivers on Google Mpas, including driving distances from one side to the other (via distant bridges). This turned into talking about the driving and spectacular roads, with me showing him the roads by driving them with him beside me rather than just pointing at the map.

Sableagle
Ormurinn's Alt

Postby Sableagle » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:42 am UTC

Love.

We got as far as holding hands, then the alarm clock went off.

emceng

Postby emceng » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:23 pm UTC

Some sort of spy/robbery/murder mystery like movie dream. Most has faded, but recall I was meeting two people - one an older woman, at her apartment/townhome to plan leaving the area or country to hide from pursuers. I may have faked my own death or something. A young couple came to the door, and I stuck my head out to ask what they wanted. They were actually going to the next door over(like 3 feet over) to the next town home, delivering I think homemade food that they'd poisoned, trying to kill me, but they didn't know what I looked like. They wanted to kill me due to some inheritance.

New User

Postby New User » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:32 pm UTC

This dream went on for far too long. I feel like it continued for most of the hours I was sleeping.

My parents were trying to sell a house. There were at least five prospective buyers, two younger married couples and one older woman. They all arrived together in the evening before sunset to be given a tour of the house. The house was large, like the Addams Family house or the Maniac Mansion. The house was in a bit of disrepair. I left my parents to their tour, intending to stay out of the way and keep to myself, but at some point I was in bed trying to sleep and they went into my bedroom and continued to talk while seated in chairs or even on the bed, much to my annoyance. A while later, the two couples and my mother had gone on ahead, leaving my father behind in my bedroom with the older woman. He chatted with her while assuring her that she wasn't missing anything important, and if she did then he'd make sure to fill her in on any details she would be interested in. The house had a dungeon, consisting or two or three rooms, made of concrete in the basement. It was a concern that the older woman would have trouble navigating this dungeon, but I told them she shouldn't have a problem unless the ceiling was too low, which it might be in a dungeon that is presumably designed for discomfort. My father left to try to find the others. I thought this rude, and told the woman apologetically that I couldn't help answer her questions. So she left to try to find him. Then I left the bedroom, and observed that the house seemed pretty quiet for so many guests, and rather dark, too. I found some guest bedrooms, and asked some guests (not the prospective buyers, these guests were there to spend the night). No sign of my father, so I went upstairs and heard some sounds behind a door. Inside that room, I found all five prospective buyers, entertaining themselves with music and seemingly having a good time. Some were playing instruments; one woman was playing an oboe. I asked, "have you seen my parents?" and a young man shook his head as a negative. At some point I was wandering the house, and went to the master bedroom, which I realized I had never been inside before. There was a small bathroom attached. There was a bathroom in the dungeon, which brought the bathroom count of the house to seven.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:12 am UTC

A weird one:

My brother had to have butt pills inserted within him, and I was the assigned to administer the pills. The pills looked like goldfish crackers. The dream felt like it last 3 hours. He needed a lot of goldfish shaped pills.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Beatrice wrote:The world is quiet here.

Tillian wrote:sig'd

Sableagle
Ormurinn's Alt

Postby Sableagle » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:04 pm UTC

I dreamed that I had to shave so that my respirator would fit in case there was another nuclear test. Someone told me the respirator wouldn't save me, just mean I died in months rather than minutes. We had to carry the things everywhere, too. There were rules about how to carry them in various places, even in the shower. I'd got away with not shaving on the first day of the new rules but it was the second day when I learned about them. Unable to sleep that night, I left the building to sleep in the quiet next to the bend in the little river. A jackdaw started cawing softly at me. I didn't have any food but saw some stuff it could eat and mimed flicking food that way, hoping to direct it to the food. Another jackdaw arrived and wanted food too. Being outside, I didn't hear my alarm clock and overslept, making me late. I got a lift from someone who was sitting in the back of his self-driving car. It wasn't crashing, but it wasn't having an easy time of the traffic. Someone cried out for help. I looked to the right and saw someone holding a pistol to the head of a young woman sat in front of him on a scooter. I tried to do something but failed and they drove off. I got into the front seat and had the car owner put it in manual so I could chase them. They turned off, I overshot the turning, went into the oncoming traffic lane, went through the barrier and down a steep grass bank onto the correct side of the road and started chasing them again. They crashed and I drove over the bandit, then made an arse of stopping and ended up in a depression in the central reservation. I got out and went back to check on the woman, and suddenly there were bandits with swords, so I drew a gun and shot them but it had no effect. A mass melee broke out between them and ... er ... well, I dunno, because they were kind of ninja pirates so ... vigilantes, maybe? One of the bandits I'd shot stabbed me and told me I'd be dead in three days. It didn't hurt, and I figured three days was enough time to kill him and his friends, so I kept fighting. I shot him again, took his sword off him and tried to stab him with it, but it wouldn't move.

emceng

Postby emceng » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:50 pm UTC

Dreamed Alex got laid off. Another one, Mike finished his project early.

Very mundane dreams, and irritating. I'm already confused, and dreaming about possible real life events just makes it harder to know wtf is going on.

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:14 pm UTC

The details are rather vague, but I was on vacation with my parents and my estranged sister (for God only knows what reason). Anyway, we must either won a prize or came across a large sum of money because we were staying in a three-story vacation house. Sometime around the end of the dream, predictably, my sister and my mom got in a big fight.

Then the dream sort of shifted in me trying to purchase something using my credit card and having to talk to the bank about it being declined. Then I woke up.

I think the only reason I'm beginning to actually remember my dreams is because while I've been on convalescent leave, I've been sleeping longer each night than I normally do.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks

addams

Postby addams » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:16 pm UTC

Sableagle wrote:I dreamed I was planting out seedlings (which I have ready to plant out IRL) and found some peach pits (which are in my compost IRL) had sprouted (which happened just once in the warmth of the compost heap IRL, afaik), and was trying to plant out all the plants without putting any of the baby slugs in with them, and a back-and-white-furred cat (similar to one that craps in my garden IRL) came and tunneled through the compost (much like the snake in this video I watched last night), then ate an earthworm.

I mean the cat ate an earthworm.

Today I learned that if you type "sand boa plays with her new toy" into the YouTube search bar, the suggestion that crops up right at the end is "toyota." Sand boa plays with her new Toyota? If there's video out there of a snake successfully driving a car, I want to see it.

That is the second Time I have gotten 'lost' in that 'link'.
Like a recurrent dream.

This Time it led me to Ants!
(phew) I'm grateful for the screen.

I am frightened of Real Life, in my world Ants.
I watched through the screen in morbid fascination.

Warning/Beware: Images of Ants.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrnDOovsmfg

Waffle the Snake and his giggling handler were charming.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz2opOBqClo

I have recurrent nightmares.
Spoiler:
Different environments,
same kind of struggle.

This Time I was attempting to climb a cluttered stairway.
Everything was in tones of gray, like fog. (I hate clutter)

What was the clutter?

I don't know.
I woke up.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

Dr34m(4+(h3r

Postby Dr34m(4+(h3r » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:06 pm UTC

I dreamed that rock musicians were necessary to defeat giant monstrous titans, and so that became the new way for them to prove their quality, since the bad ones would get killed and only the good ones would succeed.

Sableagle
Ormurinn's Alt

Postby Sableagle » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:20 pm UTC

I dreamed I was cuddling a cat and kitten, then hand-feeding a friendly fox with bird food.

Sableagle
Ormurinn's Alt

Postby Sableagle » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:07 am UTC

I dreamed I drove too far south and entered the Mont Blanc tunnel. Someone was worried because he was going to Switzerland (which you've already missed if you go into the Mt Blanc tunnel from here) and I reassured him that Switzerland's a lovely place.

Sableagle
Ormurinn's Alt

Postby Sableagle » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:00 am UTC

Started out fairly cheerful, morning visit to a gorilla clan. The boss gorilla was playing a drum (kind of 15" wide, 5" deep, cylindrical, hide-over-wood build) and maybe singing. Some announcer said that before he woke up, he danced with his own inner ape to learn whether he'd be happy or angry that day. I had a shower there before we left.
Then there was something about a family. I can't remember the details but the child got bumped with something, like two people moving a wardrobe knocked her over turning a corner with it or something, and "The funeral's at eight." Just like that.

Ptolom

Postby Ptolom » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:51 pm UTC

I had a dream a few days ago where I woke up in a strange house with no recollection of who I was. I had been dreaming of being a young man but I was surprised to find myself as an old woman. I had a concerned daughter who seemed to know I had amnesia and was patiently reminding me of who I was and where the various rooms were in the enormous house which turned out to be my own. I think we were several decades in the past judging by the furnishings and absence of any electronics.

I like dreams which take the trouble to present waking life as the real dream. Maybe I'll wake up there again one day.

New User

Postby New User » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:57 pm UTC

So, in the dream, you were an old woman, and in a dream within the dream, you were a young man?

Ptolom

Postby Ptolom » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:38 pm UTC

Well assuming I'm not dreaming now, in the dream I thought my real life was a dream.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:55 pm UTC

There was a period of my life where I had recurring dreams of a (better) alternate life in which my only real problem was suffering from recurring nightmares that were of my real life.
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

Ptolom

Postby Ptolom » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:20 pm UTC

That's exactly what it was, though not recurring. Perhaps as life becomes more nightmarish it also starts to seem less real.

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:33 pm UTC

The night before last, I had a dream where I was on a bus with several of my [real-life] friends - I was going to come out as bisexual to all of them, but I was too nervous to do it because Snoop Dogg was there.

I mean, that dream would actually make sense if it weren't for Snoop Dogg.
any pronouns (mainly she/he)
----
----
Discord for Forum Games posters
(Please let me know if the link doesn't work)
Spoiler:
Weeks wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Maybe I am a female Justin Bieber!
Justine Bieber. Alternatively, Miley Cyrus.

addams

Postby addams » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:45 pm UTC

Ptolom wrote:That's exactly what it was, though not recurring.
Perhaps as life becomes more nightmarish it also starts to seem less real.

Yep.
(off topic)
Spoiler:
There was a time in my Real Life, not long ago, that was like a Nightmare.
It took internal strength and resolve for me to tell myself, out loud, "This is Real."

Then, I would cry.
Because, I am not going to wake up.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

New User

Postby New User » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:39 am UTC

Alligator people. Head of a person, body of an alligator. And I guessed they were from Outer Space, although I don't recall there being direct evidence of this.

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:21 pm UTC

Followed a sibling to a pond. Contained several large fish for its size. Spotted a large snake too. Moved away. Woke it up, though. Immediately slithered closer. Reached head height somehow. Fended it off with an arm.

Probably awoke then. Was in bed. Still sensed the snake's presence. Shrank considerably. (Fit between the bed and peripheral vision while coiled up.) Whispered, "I've had enough." Describes it as low and growling. Befit a panther more than a snake. Felt a small wisp of air from it speaking too.

Froze. Wanted to get away. Refused to move. Attempted to nudge it off the bed instead. Allowed that. Perceived it shifting away. Gained enough confidence to bolt up. Turned around. Discovered nothing there, obviously.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

addams

Postby addams » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:55 pm UTC

What a Long and Vivid Dream.
Now I understand some of your loong Dream Posts.

The dream's main character was my sister.
Spoiler:
We were having a family meeting.
Something we never had.

Cheryl was sulking.
She left the meeting.

I went after her.
She was having an inspection of her sweet suburban cottage.

Some man was hanging around
If she failed the inspection, he would 'get' the cottage.

Suddenly we were in a car.
A big boat of a car.
She was driving.

We went to a large city building.
She was getting a Passport.
She was getting married.

The clerks said the wait would be Hours!
The lines were Loong.
I wanted to leave.

Cheryl refused to even consider it.
Everyone else left. Cheryl was next.

It was a long dream and vivid dream.
At one point I was playing Run-and Slide-in-Your-Socks with a bunch of black boys.
It was fun. Except, the best areas had non-slip strips on the floors.

My sister spilt yogurt on the floor.
It stepped in it.
Then, I couldn't play.
The alarm went off.
I woke up.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Liri
Healthy non-floating pooper reporting for doodie.

Postby Liri » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:00 am UTC

I dreamed there was a festival in my town. I was watching some sort of performance with a friend, who I'd had feelings for while I was broken up with my girlfriend for about a month earlier this year. The whole time, she was getting more snuggly (I think we were laying on blankets or something) and the temptation to kiss her was ridiculous, but we didn't. We left that performance and were walking somewhere when my girlfriend met up with us. Girlfriend and I hugged and the friend and I exchanged a knowing, and sad, glance. The dream ended about there. I think there was some trippy stuff with a piano.

After I got back together with my girlfriend, I learned that the friend also had feelings for me. It was pretty miserable.

I felt crappy for most of the day. I hadn't realized that was still gnawing at me.
He wondered could you eat the mushrooms, would you die, do you care.

Return to “General”