[SAFESPACE] Woman Thread - All Things Women. Period.

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

mochafairy

Re: Woman Thread - Holds 5% more blue liquid than other brands!

Postby mochafairy » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:09 pm UTC

I feel bad for the mom...labor 17 times?

There's a family back home that has 22 kids...

I understand some people like big families...but that's just insane.
"YES. DO IT WITH CONFIDENCE" ~fortune cookie

Rinsaikeru
Pawn, soon to be a Queen

Postby Rinsaikeru » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:10 pm UTC

I can't watch the show the Duggars have...it's just too much for my sensibilities. I often wonder if the children will ever rebel and go on some sort of hedonistic rampage.

I would feel bad for the mom--but she seems fine with it. What I don't like is that she's probably encouraging her children to have similarly sized families.
Rice Puddin.

Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:24 pm UTC

She seems fine with it, in the same way that brainwashed employees on psychiatric planets in the Star Trek universe "love their work". I don't think I've ever seen her blink.

Rinsaikeru
Pawn, soon to be a Queen

Postby Rinsaikeru » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:30 pm UTC

This is why I don't watch that show. It's not entirely fair for me to judge her because she wants to breed an army on her own. Everyone is socially condidtioned--she is to an incredibly spooky religious degree. I was particularly bothered because their oldest son is getting married and he won't even kiss his girlfriend before they marry--that weirds me out SO much. o_o
Rice Puddin.

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:07 am UTC

Insignificant Deifaction wrote:@podbaydoor: Yes. I used to feel pretty guilty about it myself, but east-asian genealogy really does tend to kill off the body hair.

Of course, apparently we suffer from the insta-aging effect. To be precise, nobody ever notices us in the transition from maiden to crone. (not that we're invisible during the mean-time, but that apparently it is quick)

Wahey! At least I'll die before that happens.

Yeah, that's something I try not to think about. :( I'll look young until I'm forty, and then my eyes will droop and BOOM I'll look like I'm 60.
Oh well, in the meantime I'll have to comfort myself with the thought that I won't age from stressing over taming body hair. :D
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

eternal luna

Postby eternal luna » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:26 am UTC

I_D wrote:Wahey! At least I'll die before that happens.
What?
Alexius:-Охуели? Нахуя дохуя хуйний нахуярили? Расхуяривай нахуй!
-Хули? Нихуя! Нехуй расхуяривать! Нахуячено нехуёво! Похуярили!
Gojoe: We are all inferior to you luna.

Osha

Postby Osha » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:12 am UTC

I had a substitute teacher in jr. high once with 56 grandchildren, and she even knew all their names.
She was kinda strange.

RE body hair:
Way way way too much; it's dark and all over! why did my genes have to be so darn hairy?
I blame dad because he's practically a gorilla.
(yes, yes, I know genes aren't hairy).

@I_D
Are you expecting us not to be worried about you after saying that?
'Cause it's not working!

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:21 am UTC

Er, for what it's worth, I_D doesn't mean that she's planning on killing herself, or that anyone's planning on killing her. It's, y'know, just one of those things.

eternal luna wrote:I'm really quite covered in hair, and most of it is thick and dark. I actually enjoy it, though that seems to make me a minority here...

Eh. Maybe doesn't thrust us into the majority, but I like my body hair too, though mine is generally light. (Well, the leg/arm/face hair is. Underarm and pubic hair is coarse and wiry and red.) I shave my underarms every few weeks 'cause society expects it of me and my legs every few weeks 'cause shaved legs + sheets = mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I found a big long chin hair on me last month and gave a half-hearted effort at tugging it out before remembering that I didn't care.

I understand it might be different if I had very dark body hair.
Raise up the torch and light the way.

H.E.L.e.N.
Cheesy-tuna-bacon-pickle?

Postby H.E.L.e.N. » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:39 pm UTC

It took me a long time to be OK with really dark body hair, around the same time I confirmed that I could leave it there (on my FACE) and people would make out with me anyway, which was actually only really recently. I'm 24. Whee!

Yo, woman thread, if there's no pain/blood, that means this weird sensation I have isn't a UTI, right?

TMI CUT!
Spoiler:
Ok there was a tiny bit of blood but I think it's likelier it originated in my vagina. I had a lot of penetrative sex (which I've had before but not to this degree) and now I can feel things in places I couldn't before, and my brain keeps trying to tell me that means something is broken, even though there's no pain. Just when I get to the end of emptying my bladder, I get this weird, intense pulling sensation and I almost can't finish because I feel like something's going to break.

I'm thinking maybe I pulled a muscle? On the inside? But it doesn't hurt.

sophyturtle
I'll go put my shirt back on for this kind of shock. No I won't. I'll get my purse.

Postby sophyturtle » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:21 pm UTC

Increased sex can lead to increased UTI. Drinking lots of water and unsweetened cranberry juice is probably a good call no matter what is going on (more sexin can lead to dehydration after all, and we don't want that).

TMI:
Spoiler:
Also, I heard your partner is a big boy in that department. It could just be that he has a good PR group. But if he is larger there can be some, well, discomfort during the adjustment period. Anything 8" and up can take a bit to get used to.
I want to get to a place where I am neither conforming nor rebelling but simply being.

PictureSarah
Secretary of Penile Nomenclature

Postby PictureSarah » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:25 pm UTC

Besides cranberry juice, you may also want to pick up some cranberry capsules at the drug store. UTIs are pretty much the worst thing EVAR if they get out of hand, and you don't want to end up at the ER at 4 in the morning, pissing blood. It really sucks quite a lot.
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

H.E.L.e.N.

Postby H.E.L.e.N. » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:59 pm UTC

Thanks guys. I know the basics of what to do, I was just having trouble figuring out if anything was actually going on or not.

sophyturtle wrote:TMI:
Spoiler:
Also, I heard your partner is a big boy in that department. It could just be that he has a good PR group. But if he is larger there can be some, well, discomfort during the adjustment period. Anything 8" and up can take a bit to get used to.

Spoiler:
Lawl, I think that's a safe assumption when you're dealing with a gigantic human being. Thing is I was so uncomfortable with a past partner that I took a lot of care to work around that here, and I'm delighted at how well it worked. But like I said it's not pain, it's this whole weird sense that I'm not supposed to be able to feel anything that far up, except I do, and it's not bad, but my body is officially kind of confused.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:21 pm UTC

Argh. I can't understand why I can't talk about this thing that happened.
It's not bad. Maybe that's why I can't talk about it. I keep saying it's fine, and thus if I talk about it, I'm blowing it out of proportion. but, it bugged me... and I want to talk to people about it.

And I did. I talked to my friends. I talked to the person who did it. Things are fine...

Everything's fine...

Argh. Why is this bugging me?
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

H.E.L.e.N.

Postby H.E.L.e.N. » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:37 pm UTC

A few possible answers for a general "why is this bugging me":

- It's a situation you haven't been in before, so there's no clear process to go through re: resolving it
- a lingering sense that the other party doesn't 'get it'
- a lingering sense that you don't 'get it' or that it did something to you that you didn't expect
- residual feelings from feeling really strongly about something, said feelings don't have anywhere to go, and you don't have anything shiny to distract you at the moment

disclaimer: this list is incomplete and helencentric.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:47 pm UTC

Thanks Helen. Not sure if it'll help, but thank you anyway.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

tin
Foxy McAwesomesworth

Postby tin » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:09 pm UTC

UK ladies, I discovered how fantastic The Brook clinic is today.

I've needed to renew my prescription to the pill and I haven't been able to register to a doctors in Edinburgh, as they're not taking any new patients (ugh). I'm back in my hometown of Birmingham for Christmas and thought 'Hey! Contraceptives are free on the NHS, so the local surgery I used to be registered to will let me have a temporary patient status, right?'. The answer to that was a big fat, stinkin' no. Also, the receptionist was unnecessarily rude about it, but that's another story.

My mum saw that I was getting stressed about the whole shebang, so she told me about the Brook clinic she used to visit as a young miss and how they'll help me. Which they did, all for free! The nurses were so helpful and full of so much advice regarding the mini-pill i'm on. And I got the biggest bag of free condoms/lube ever. I didn't think asking for a 'selection' would mean getting the amount of condoms to stock a small chemist. Even the questions they were asking about Shark Week flow and lifestyle just indicated that they cared a little bit more, rather than the 'in and out in 2 minutes' approach I got from my GP.

So, yeah. The Brook is fab and I think I may start regularly donating to their cause. I think they have a presence in every major UK city.
i dare you to take me on...

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:11 pm UTC

tin wrote:... rather than the 'in and out in 2 minutes' approach I got from my GP.
And most guys.

HI-YOOOOO!

Seriously, that sounds like an awesome place. Though, before you go using all those free condoms, check the manufacturer and see how reliable they are.. I know the condoms Planned Parenthood handed out here in the States when Consumer Reports did their checking ended up being the worst of the lot.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

tin
Foxy McAwesomesworth

Postby tin » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:17 pm UTC

That's a good idea, ST. My inner hobo just lit up with the promise of free sexy stuff, so any thoughts about the possible safety of the condoms didn't cross my mind. I'm sure they're fine, as most are them are Durex/Trojan, but i'll check out the manufacturers I haven't heard before.
i dare you to take me on...

mrbaggins

Postby mrbaggins » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:17 am UTC

And the rest make awesome balloons at the pub
Why is it that 4chan is either infinitely awesome, infinitely bad, or "lolwut", but never any intermediary level?

libellule

Postby libellule » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:16 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
tin wrote:... rather than the 'in and out in 2 minutes' approach I got from my GP.
And most guys.

HI-YOOOOO!

Seriously, that sounds like an awesome place. Though, before you go using all those free condoms, check the manufacturer and see how reliable they are.. I know the condoms Planned Parenthood handed out here in the States when Consumer Reports did their checking ended up being the worst of the lot.

They're not like us, ST. You really do have complete access to contraception and Pap smears and anything else you need for your girly bits at these clinics. Free. First-class and free. Then again my university education was free too. Why did I move to the US again?

libellule

Postby libellule » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:30 pm UTC

Mighty Jalapeno wrote:Because black holes suck?

The gravitational field of the Duggars?

DJorgensen

Postby DJorgensen » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:29 pm UTC

Insignificant Deifaction wrote:@podbaydoor: Yes. I used to feel pretty guilty about it myself, but east-asian genealogy really does tend to kill off the body hair.

Of course, apparently we suffer from the insta-aging effect. To be precise, nobody ever notices us in the transition from maiden to crone. (not that we're invisible during the mean-time, but that apparently it is quick)

Wahey! At least I'll die before that happens.

Hahahaha, I have surprisingly little body hair. Perhaps its the native in me - at little as that really is.

I love old asian ladies (well admittedly young ones too). They go from being hot to being cute in that awwww *pity* kind of way.
I'm sure we'll keep you around long enough to make that happen I_D :)
I don't think that you actually have permission to die.
trap: a device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned.

Mmmm, Pi

Postby Mmmm, Pi » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:01 pm UTC

tin wrote:UK ladies, I discovered how fantastic The Brook clinic is today.
My mum saw that I was getting stressed about the whole shebang, so she told me about the Brook clinic she used to visit as a young miss and how they'll help me. Which they did, all for free! The nurses were so helpful and full of so much advice regarding the mini-pill i'm on. And I got the biggest bag of free condoms/lube ever. I didn't think asking for a 'selection' would mean getting the amount of condoms to stock a small chemist. Even the questions they were asking about Shark Week flow and lifestyle just indicated that they cared a little bit more, rather than the 'in and out in 2 minutes' approach I got from my GP.

So, yeah. The Brook is fab and I think I may start regularly donating to their cause. I think they have a presence in every major UK city.

I'm a student at the Uni of Birmingham, and asked where I could go for stuff like this, and they sent me along to the Brook. Brilliant place, so glad the student support people recommend it. It's even right in the middle of town, so you can go along when you're in town doing shopping without having to go somewhere specially.
Mercy wrote:Since this is for everything fora, I'd just like to express my fondness of @trophy's and Mmmm, Pi's avatars. You adorable demons. <3

Pi is still tasty.

eternal luna

Postby eternal luna » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:25 am UTC

I have decided that I am sexy, and that the clothes I plan on taking to Europe accentuate this.
image200812250003.jpg
image200812250003.jpg (43.44 KiB) Viewed 3694 times
Crappy webcam pic, yes, and a lost expression, but damn do I feel good about myself.
Alexius:-Охуели? Нахуя дохуя хуйний нахуярили? Расхуяривай нахуй!
-Хули? Нихуя! Нехуй расхуяривать! Нахуячено нехуёво! Похуярили!
Gojoe: We are all inferior to you luna.

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:32 am UTC

i second luna's sexiness
ImageImageImageImageImage

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:17 pm UTC

Luna, you are gorgeous. This is a fact.
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:35 pm UTC

<3 Luna. You are beautiful!

mochafairy

Postby mochafairy » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:32 pm UTC

luna's pretty... :D
"YES. DO IT WITH CONFIDENCE" ~fortune cookie

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:44 pm UTC

Wow, look at those utterly captivating eyes. Y'beautiful, luna.
Raise up the torch and light the way.

Rinsaikeru
Pawn, soon to be a Queen

Postby Rinsaikeru » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:38 am UTC

Luna! Gorgeous :D

And in an unrelated side note. I just got through Christmas and only had one argument with my mother! (It was about paper towel--or rather it's orientation in the kitchen) :|
Rice Puddin.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:09 am UTC

Christmas, and the single relaxing thing I did all day was to wash out my glad rags.
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:17 am UTC

Well, I don't have three kids, unless you count my parents as children, considering how they act. But I've only got two of those and I don't have to be there when they go to bed.

Mighty Jalapeno

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:24 am UTC

This is true. Your drunken morons have control over how they act, while mine... they just sort of roll dice to determine how they are stupid from minute to minute. Lots of natural 20s.

Noc
Put on her robe and wizard hat ALL NIGHT LONG

Postby Noc » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:27 am UTC

Children: Nature's Random Encounter Table.
Have you given up?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:27 am UTC

Mighty Jalapeno wrote:Your drunken morons have control over how they act

If we're still talking about my parents, I'm pretty sure this bit is false. They've just not got the knack for self control.

Mighty Jalapeno

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:51 am UTC

Noc wrote:Children: Nature's Random Encounter Table.

It's a... *rolls*... pleasure to meet you! *crotchpunch*

And, Meaux... yeah, probably true. I know far more people like that than I would like.

katethegreat

Postby katethegreat » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:42 am UTC

First comment in here, and there's no way I can go through 300 pages, so here are some awkward and womanly questions I have to ask:

1. How does one remove underarm hair in a way that it is actually removed? Shaving does nothing for this girl with bear-genes. Looks practically the same even after I shave. :roll: I got hair long before boobs... it was terrible. In 5th grade, I was too scared to shave or anything, so I had to condition myself to not raise my hand and I couldn't wear sleeveless shirts and it was horrible. Of course now, it's not a forest, it's like a putting green on a golf course, but I want some friggen barren land.

2. What would you suggest to get for basic makeup? Like, brands of eyeliner and stuff that that. I'm too lazy for makeup, but it'd be nice to have some for special occasions and whatnot. My mom is infamously nongirly and has had the same haircut since highschool (she's 47. :|), so she isn't much help in the feminine department.

3. I have tried trimming the bikini area, and all that has resulted in is hair that feels like a million needles. And I've used "watermelon scented" delipatory cream, but it smells like urine. What actually works? Once again, bear genes do not bode well when summer comes along.

4. And lastly, I have not had any luck with personal pleasuring. 5% is about as far as I can get. That's not much of a question, now is it?

5. Ooooo oooo one more! Does anyone else have no PMS symptoms... expect for the major "Oh me yarm Oh my boobs hurt so much i can't walk down stairs and i am in paaaaaain" thing?

Return to “General”