[SAFESPACE] Woman Thread - All Things Women. Period.

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

DJorgensen

Re: Woman Thread - Holds 5% more blue liquid than other brands!

Postby DJorgensen » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:05 am UTC

crickets wrote:I'm currently having a really low self-worth day, so the "things i like about me" game is just making me feel more and more upset.

I /want/ to like things about me. But right now my hair isn't blue, or pink, or florescent orange, so i can't even fall back on that one.

Maybe i'll be better tomorrow.

I like how cute and pretty you are. Your hair is really nice, but we do have to come up with something new for it (even if we keep getting the "You and your girlfriend have the same hair and same color - that's awesomely cute!" thing :P )
I really really really like your body. I know you have trouble believing me, but I do. I mean, I had trouble keeping my hands off of you the first night we hung out even (well... I mean... I didn't keep my hands off of you then). Your skin feels very nice and very soothing to me. You are soft and cuddly and have beautiful healthy curves. I readily admit to liking your scars too, they tell a story, and they make you unique and have an interesting texture (making me pet you even more :P ). You also have an uber cute round face and really pretty lips and nose, and very nibbleable ears too!
*sigh*
And now I am missing you...
trap: a device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned.

Black.Rose.Immortal

Postby Black.Rose.Immortal » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:16 am UTC

DJorgensen wrote:
crickets wrote:I'm currently having a really low self-worth day, so the "things i like about me" game is just making me feel more and more upset.

I /want/ to like things about me. But right now my hair isn't blue, or pink, or florescent orange, so i can't even fall back on that one.

Maybe i'll be better tomorrow.

I like how cute and pretty you are. Your hair is really nice, but we do have to come up with something new for it (even if we keep getting the "You and your girlfriend have the same hair and same color - that's awesomely cute!" thing :P )
I really really really like your body. I know you have trouble believing me, but I do. I mean, I had trouble keeping my hands off of you the first night we hung out even (well... I mean... I didn't keep my hands off of you then). Your skin feels very nice and very soothing to me. You are soft and cuddly and have beautiful healthy curves. I readily admit to liking your scars too, they tell a story, and they make you unique and have an interesting texture (making me pet you even more :P ). You also have an uber cute round face and really pretty lips and nose, and very nibbleable ears too!
*sigh*
And now I am missing you...

I am now filled with all different kinds of warm and fuzzy *aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw*
17/F/Australian/weird

DJorgensen

Postby DJorgensen » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:22 am UTC

:oops:
I mean every last word of it, and there's more too that I will refrain from posting here... (I can only compliment in small doses it seems)

eternal luna

Postby eternal luna » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:11 am UTC

D'aww :D

For our senior year photos, we're meant to dress up. I plan on coming as a drag queen- the idea of being a woman pretending to be a man pretending to be a woman just appeals to me. Now, I need help. Anyone have any tips, or to point me in the direction of some advice? I need clothes and make up. Maybe some stubble.
Alexius:-Охуели? Нахуя дохуя хуйний нахуярили? Расхуяривай нахуй!
-Хули? Нихуя! Нехуй расхуяривать! Нахуячено нехуёво! Похуярили!
Gojoe: We are all inferior to you luna.

DJorgensen

Postby DJorgensen » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:22 am UTC

Watch Victor Victoria.
You don't need stubble, you just need to be over the top. Usually too much makeup helps. And shiny jewelery (even if its cheap) shiny clothing, well shiny anything.

Alder

Postby Alder » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:18 pm UTC

EEP!! The pink dancing people have been replaced by Eeeevil Saffron! [Freaks out quietly...]

Ok, I'm over it. Carry on...:)
Plasma Man wrote:I might have to get rid of some of my breadbins.

Kulantan wrote:I feel a great disturbance in the Fora, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and then kinda trailed off to a grumble.

crystal_owl

Postby crystal_owl » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:23 pm UTC

I was supposed to have two auditions and a rehearsal today, but instead I have had crippling period pain and prescriptions painkillers which make me too drowsy to function. :(
www.justgiving.com/sarah88

crickets

Postby crickets » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:17 pm UTC

DJorgensen wrote::oops:
I mean every last word of it, and there's more too that I will refrain from posting here... (I can only compliment in small doses it seems)

Does this mean i get to start publicly declaring how awesome you are now?

I have to go to work in two minutes (literally), so i can't really go on a long rant, but you are by far one of the prettiest, most generous, loving, understanding and adorable people i've ever met.

Thanks for the compliments. I can't quite agree today, cause i look like hell (damn you nightshifts!!), but i love you just the same.

(dance)
SecondTalon wrote:Virtue may be it's own reward, but so are Skittles.

Cytoplasm

Postby Cytoplasm » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:22 pm UTC

eternal luna wrote:D'aww :D

For our senior year photos, we're meant to dress up. I plan on coming as a drag queen- the idea of being a woman pretending to be a man pretending to be a woman just appeals to me. Now, I need help. Anyone have any tips, or to point me in the direction of some advice? I need clothes and make up. Maybe some stubble.

There is a movie on that..she used it to get fame in her piano playing since I guess no one would take her seriously otherwise.. I do wish I could remember the name of the movie..
¡No tengo miedo a fantasmas!

Spoiler:
Cytoplasm: I have catoragized some of my family into lolcats.
Felstaff: For a drudging Thursday afternoon, that level of cuteness has really made my day. Can... Can I keep you?

Felstaff wrote:
Cytoplasm wrote:shannonigans

<3

blue_eyedspacemonkey

Postby blue_eyedspacemonkey » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:22 pm UTC

I'm really sorry aboutthis, it's long, and it's derailing the thread from it's happy place. Spolier'd for heug, and me most likely being stupid/hysterical, but I need to talk to someone, anyone, right now.

Spoiler:
I'm on the mini-pill, cerazette. I've had no problems up until now, no periods either. Alls been fine. It's my only form of contraception. The past week or so I've been getting some odd...symptoms I guess. Stomach aches, heavy feeling in my tummy...my moods are getting worse, and just generally feeling off. My mind is now convinced I'm pregnant. Pregnant like woah. I'm going to the doctor's tomorrow to talk it out/get a test. I figure they'll be more reliable, and 1) I can talk through my options if I am, 2) see if there's a reason I'm all over hte place if I'm not.
I can't be pregnant, right? No period=no ovulation=no babies, right? I really can't deal with it if I am pregnant..then my brain keeps comng up with silly things like, how wil the Dr. know how far I am along if I haven't had periods since Nov 07?What if it's too far along? Argh! I've spoken to my boyfriend and he's supportive of me, but thinks I'm being paranoid (which part of me agrees with). I'm really looking forward to tomorrow so I can finally get this sorted, but part of me is panicking in case my (at the moment) worst nighmare comes true

There's no one in my house I would feel comfortable sharing this with. I just want to be in Aber, with my boyfriend snuggling me :( I'm sorry to bring such a downer here.
"Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes"

So. Twitter

PictureSarah
Secretary of Penile Nomenclature

Postby PictureSarah » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:26 pm UTC

eternal luna wrote:D'aww :D

I don't know if it will help, but here is a collection of photographs of drag queens I have taken. http://www.pbase.com/sarahd/a_night_of_ ... tle_garden

Might get some clothing and/or makeup ideas from it. They are lovely ladies.
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

lowbart

Postby lowbart » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:23 pm UTC

Anyone here have advice about Nuvarings or similar products? A friend of mine wants to start using passive contraception with her boyfriend rather than condoms, but she hates taking pills.
...a fish called the Henamo grunter, named because it makes grunting noises from its swim bladder.
v1nsai wrote:Yes, I'm Linux, how can I help you ma'am?

PictureSarah
Secretary of Penile Nomenclature

Postby PictureSarah » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:28 pm UTC

I was on the NuvaRing for about 14 months. I loved it. I'm off it now, because I'm trying to see if cutting out the hormonal birth control will help me lose weight, but I have no complaints about the NuvaRing. It was easy, I couldn't feel it, my periods were usually predictable down tot he hour, and it didn't really have any side effects that I noticed.
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

Baldur

Postby Baldur » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:31 pm UTC

Being male, I've never used one, but their website gives some figures of the effectiveness (99% against birth control) and how it is used, the timing etc. Although, it is their own site, so it may be a little biased.

This site seems to give less biased views, and it might be a place to look for other forms of contraception - that page I've linked gives information about patches and the ring.

Hope that helps, but I'm guessing you came here for some first-hand experience of it. Well, now you've got this too. :D
Gojoe wrote:YOU ARE NOT LOLSAUR AT ALL ARE YOU!

phlip wrote:Hey, you never know, it could have been Baldur...

sophyturtle
I'll go put my shirt back on for this kind of shock. No I won't. I'll get my purse.

Postby sophyturtle » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:39 pm UTC

I also found this one.
It is good to use birth control.
I want to get to a place where I am neither conforming nor rebelling but simply being.

airtank

Postby airtank » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:45 pm UTC

lowbart wrote:Anyone here have advice about Nuvarings or similar products? A friend of mine wants to start using passive contraception with her boyfriend rather than condoms, but she hates taking pills.

Nuvarings and the like are more trouble than they're worth. And come on, birth control pills are tiny. She can roll it up in a piece of cheese if her aversion is that serious.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:50 pm UTC

airtank, ur doin it wrong. Generally being dismissive and not actually contributing to the conversation in any way than letting us know that you're totally ok with pills and Nuvarings are too much hassle for you- not super productive. But thanks for playing.

blue_eyedspacemonkey wrote:I'm really sorry aboutthis, it's long, and it's derailing the thread from it's happy place. Spolier'd for heug, and me most likely being stupid/hysterical, but I need to talk to someone, anyone, right now.

Spoiler:
I'm on the mini-pill, cerazette. I've had no problems up until now, no periods either. Alls been fine. It's my only form of contraception. The past week or so I've been getting some odd...symptoms I guess. Stomach aches, heavy feeling in my tummy...my moods are getting worse, and just generally feeling off. My mind is now convinced I'm pregnant. Pregnant like woah. I'm going to the doctor's tomorrow to talk it out/get a test. I figure they'll be more reliable, and 1) I can talk through my options if I am, 2) see if there's a reason I'm all over hte place if I'm not.
I can't be pregnant, right? No period=no ovulation=no babies, right? I really can't deal with it if I am pregnant..then my brain keeps comng up with silly things like, how wil the Dr. know how far I am along if I haven't had periods since Nov 07?What if it's too far along? Argh! I've spoken to my boyfriend and he's supportive of me, but thinks I'm being paranoid (which part of me agrees with). I'm really looking forward to tomorrow so I can finally get this sorted, but part of me is panicking in case my (at the moment) worst nighmare comes true

There's no one in my house I would feel comfortable sharing this with. I just want to be in Aber, with my boyfriend snuggling me :( I'm sorry to bring such a downer here.

You're on the pill, right? You've been taking it regularly, right? Right.
So you're probably not pregnant. I highly recommend making some tea or cocoa, and trying to relax. You're one day away from having an answer- you'll get there. If you're only *just* thinking you might be pregnant, you're not that far along even if you are pregnant, so stop stressing. You're gonna be fine.
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

semicharmed

Postby semicharmed » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:53 pm UTC

lowbart wrote:Anyone here have advice about Nuvarings or similar products? A friend of mine wants to start using passive contraception with her boyfriend rather than condoms, but she hates taking pills.

I had the same problem, I can hardly remember to take my vitamins every morning, so I knew anything low-dose & in pill form wouldn't work, and the gyno recommended the NuvaRing.
I loved it, like PictureSarah, periods were predictable almost down to the hour. I was using it as my primary form of birth control, so it was really nice being so predictable. And short - I rarely was perioding for more than 24 hours, start to finish.
And I had calendar alarms set for when to put it in/take it out, so I never had to worry about remembering.
Only thing is, there's no generic form yet, so it's one of the more expensive forms of BC (at least on my insurance, I would have been paying $15 every four months for a pill, and was paying $10/month for the ring). But I loved it, it was super easy, and I never had any problems with it falling out. And the (now ex-)boyfriend was only able to feel it once or twice, so he approved.

@ airtank: size isn't always the reason why people hate taking pills. Also: see Meaux's comment, she ninja'd me good.

Pirate.Bondage

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:58 pm UTC

Semicharmed, I love your name; it reminds me of that Third Eye Blind song that I listen to almost every day [Semi-Charmed Life].
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:
Irrefutable wrote:you are so lovely

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sje46 wrote:Do... do you want to marry me?

blue_eyedspacemonkey

Postby blue_eyedspacemonkey » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:02 pm UTC

Meaux_Pas wrote:You're on the pill, right? You've been taking it regularly, right? Right.
So you're probably not pregnant. I highly recommend making some tea or cocoa, and trying to relax. You're one day away from having an answer- you'll get there. If you're only *just* thinking you might be pregnant, you're not that far along even if you are pregnant, so stop stressing. You're gonna be fine.
Yes, thank you. I needed to hear that. I know I'm over-reacting. I'll be fine. I has tea, and am feeling a bit happier :)
I'm afraid I have nothing to add nuvaring-wise, as it hasn't been over here that long.
"Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes"

So. Twitter

Cytoplasm

Postby Cytoplasm » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:07 pm UTC

I might be going on the pill soon to sooth crazy emotions before and during Shark Week. My bestie finally was able to go on it. Her periods are terrible: extremely painful cramps, throwing up, super-fatigue, bloating, spotting randomly, coming late and early..etc. Her mom didn't want her to go on them for she though that my bestie would get cancer. I pray this is my bestie's last terrible period (she's had to miss school many a time since they get that bad).
¡No tengo miedo a fantasmas!

Spoiler:
Cytoplasm: I have catoragized some of my family into lolcats.
Felstaff: For a drudging Thursday afternoon, that level of cuteness has really made my day. Can... Can I keep you?

Felstaff wrote:
Cytoplasm wrote:shannonigans

<3

semicharmed

Postby semicharmed » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:25 pm UTC

Pirate.Bondage wrote:Semicharmed, I love your name; it reminds me of that Third Eye Blind song that I listen to almost every day [Semi-Charmed Life].

In one form or another it's been my AIM/fora/online name since I was 12ish. So yeah, it's totally from the Third Eye Blind song. I was incredibly cool in middle school, but had surprisingly decent taste in music.

And spacemonkey, I second Meaux's opinion: def. go to the doctor if you're feeling super anxious, but it's probably just a stomach bug.

Katieesq

Postby Katieesq » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:45 pm UTC

Hello women!

I'm not sure what to say, aside from I'm here, and I've brought cupcakes!
Cupcakes of HOPE!

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:50 pm UTC

Aw, little hopecakes. I'll have one. Just fling it a bit over the northern border...
The Supreme Ethical Rule: Act so as to elicit the best in others and thereby in thyself.
- Felix Adler, professor, lecturer, and reformer (13 Aug 1851-1933)

LL Cool J
___ and ___

Postby LL Cool J » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:15 am UTC

Welcome, Katieesq.
Rippy wrote:Slogan: "Beauty. Grace. Fluticasone propionate. Inhale twice daily."

Virtual_Aardvark

Postby Virtual_Aardvark » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:49 am UTC

Ello. I like cupcakes... :D
"imaginary gardens with real toads in them"
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:An actual cloud... full of lesbians.

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:07 am UTC

Welcome! I approve of hopecakes and the name. :D

In other news: tea tree oil smells wicked strongly. Like extra-concentrated pine-something.
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:05 am UTC

I can't think of anything I like about myself. I have things that I'm okay about (slash no longer think are hideous), and things my SO says he likes. But nothing that I would equivocally say, "I would be proud to show this off, I would never change it."
Like, my hair. It's nice and straight and black. Sure, pretty good hair. But it's nothing special, as in half a billion other Chinese women share the same.
My boobs. I like small boobs. I'm thankful for small boobs because they're pretty low-maintenance. But no guy ever looks at me and goes, "Damn. She has small tits" in an appreciate tone.
My nose. It's not, like, as huge as I used to think it was, I guess.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

Mitora

Postby Mitora » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:27 am UTC

I love love love my hair. It's thick and curly and just crazy.Image

My boobs are smallish, but thanks to the pill they've grown a decent bit and I'm so happy about that. I am very proud of them.

I love my butt. I have a bubble butt and it is something I wouldnt trade for the world.

Also, I think I have rather pretty feet. ^.^

mrbaggins

Postby mrbaggins » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:07 am UTC

I have to concur, you have awesome hair. And awesome dress as well, apparently. And obviously have a decent photographer. The question is, do you have my number? </not-so-subtle>

From memory you're on the other side of the world :P
Why is it that 4chan is either infinitely awesome, infinitely bad, or "lolwut", but never any intermediary level?

eternal luna

Postby eternal luna » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:06 am UTC

Thanks, DJ and Sarah- that was seriously helpful. I'll post pictures when I'm done with this :D I've pretty much figured out how to do the eye make-up- big false lashes, and darker eye shadow on the outside, sweeping up to the brows. I was fiddling around with this late last night (insomnia gives me the cover of darkness to do this- my parents would kill me) and, you know how often the natural eyebrows are covered with some sort of colour? I found I had to use a zinc-stick to be able to do that. It's not too bad, but I'd have liked to be able to have shimmer or glitter on that part of my face, and I think it's too sticky. Methinks I should locate some heavy-coverage foundation or something- do they even sell something that strong? If not, I could make do. It actually blends to a really nice colour, somehow :oops: But, for the life of me, I can not figure out how to paint the lips. Mine are already pretty feminine looking, so I guess I could just go with my natural lipline, but trial and error will reveal the key. Oh, and the costume- I got some jewellery ideas from your photos, so thanks! What were you taking these for? Also, they're really good!

Spacemonkey- you get massive *hugs* from me for the pregnancy paranoia. I'd go through that /every/ cycle, with the same draining intensity. Didn't help that the period fell on a Monday, either. I'm pretty sure you'll be fine, and don't worry about bringing a downer or anything- we're here for support whenever. *Hugs some more*

Mitora- Gorgeous hair and dress, especially with that lipstick!
Alexius:-Охуели? Нахуя дохуя хуйний нахуярили? Расхуяривай нахуй!
-Хули? Нихуя! Нехуй расхуяривать! Нахуячено нехуёво! Похуярили!
Gojoe: We are all inferior to you luna.

LL Cool J
___ and ___

Postby LL Cool J » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:50 am UTC

Luna-- Maybe try stage makeup, if you need really thick stuff? I know the stuff we used to use for school musicals was incredibly thick, but I don't know what it was or where to get it from.
[/sort of not helpful]
Rippy wrote:Slogan: "Beauty. Grace. Fluticasone propionate. Inhale twice daily."

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:01 pm UTC

Wait, did someone in here say Nuva Ring in the UK? Seriously? :D

Also: I've been really trying on the "say something you like about yourself" front, and it's just pretty hard. I like my collarbone! I'm really asymmetrical, so.. well, I like my bone structure on one side of my face, but not the other. My skin's pretty okay most of the time, too, now it's over that gukky teenage thing.

blue_eyedspacemonkey

Postby blue_eyedspacemonkey » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:10 pm UTC

existential_elevator wrote:Wait, did someone in here say Nuva Ring in the UK? Seriously? :D

"It has been available in the US since July 2002 and has beenlaunched in a number of European countries already (such as Belgium, Denmark, Germany and Ireland). The UK launch is anticipated mid 2008." From:http://www.nelm.nhs.uk/en/Download/?file=MDs0OTgwNzk7RXZpZGVuY2UvRHJ1ZyBTcGVjaWZpYyBSZXZpZXdzL051dmFSaW5nIE1hcmNoIDIwMDgucGRm.pdf

Can't find anything more official than that I'm afraid.

So, I'm not pregnant. This is merely the signs of a 'surge, or breakthrough bleed'...the word surge should never be used when discussing periods, reminds me of that cyclone always commercial. No one told me this may happen, don't these people know I'm paranoid? I feel very stupid for being this panicky...not bad for my first scare, eh?
*hugs* to everyone, thank you.
@Mitora, you are stunning :)

So. Twitter

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:26 pm UTC

blue_eyedspacemonkey wrote:
existential_elevator wrote:Wait, did someone in here say Nuva Ring in the UK? Seriously? :D

"It has been available in the US since July 2002 and has been launched in a number of European countries already (such as Belgium, Denmark, Germany and Ireland). The UK launch is anticipated mid 2008."

The best I can do is this article, released yesterday, saying it's now available, and a whole load of lj complaints about how it's impossible to get without a private gyno. The Beeb covered it in 2001. It was up for licensing in the UK mid/late 2008; presumably we'll hear more about it soon.

DJorgensen

Postby DJorgensen » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:06 pm UTC

eternal luna wrote:Thanks, DJ and Sarah- that was seriously helpful. I'll post pictures when I'm done with this :D I've pretty much figured out how to do the eye make-up- big false lashes, and darker eye shadow on the outside, sweeping up to the brows. I was fiddling around with this late last night (insomnia gives me the cover of darkness to do this- my parents would kill me) and, you know how often the natural eyebrows are covered with some sort of colour? I found I had to use a zinc-stick to be able to do that. It's not too bad, but I'd have liked to be able to have shimmer or glitter on that part of my face, and I think it's too sticky. Methinks I should locate some heavy-coverage foundation or something- do they even sell something that strong? If not, I could make do. It actually blends to a really nice colour, somehow :oops: But, for the life of me, I can not figure out how to paint the lips. Mine are already pretty feminine looking, so I guess I could just go with my natural lipline, but trial and error will reveal the key. Oh, and the costume- I got some jewellery ideas from your photos, so thanks! What were you taking these for? Also, they're really good!

For lips, following the natural line is fine, just use a bright vibrant solid color.
For the more solid make up, dance and costume stores generally carry it. Ben nye is a pretty decent stage name, if you have the money, you can generally go with mac cosmetics.
Regarding the parents killing you, I dunno if I can help with that. It was always my fear too. I don't know how they never found out either. I even tried to tell them a number of times. It wasn't until this fall that I really really pushed the point that I wanted to change my gender to them that they stopped denying it... and we don't talk much anymore. I mean they never make the effort to call me (and I've never been the one to pick up the phone either).

Good luck luna! *hugs* :3

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:54 pm UTC

existential_elevator wrote:I've been really trying on the "say something you like about yourself" front, and it's just pretty hard.

Yeah.
Um. I have two functioning hands? Hrm.
I like that though I'm overweight, I still maintain a basic kind of hourglass shape, I think. At least I'm not an indistinguishable mass. There's that.
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:01 pm UTC

I have friends my size that look tons better than me because they are still in great proportion. I think that is a very good thing.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

crystal_owl

Postby crystal_owl » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:10 pm UTC

Spoiler'd for rant;
Spoiler:
WHY can't I use tampons??? WHY??? This is my third month of trying, and after that previous drama with the applicator getting stuck my mother bought me some applicator free tampons, and I STILL CAN'T DO IT. I've got closer than before -I can get the tampon in, but it's really uncomfortable / bordering on painful, and I know it shouldn't be. I just tried again, and even when I gave up and pulled it out it really hurt. I don't understand. I mean, I'm pretty sure my hymen is unbroken, but my friend has been using tampons since she was 13 and her hymen never stopped her. She can't think what I'm doing wrong, and I am getting tired of trying to shove a stupid piece of cotton wool up my girl parts and getting nothing for my efforts but bloody finger. GAH.
www.justgiving.com/sarah88

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:23 pm UTC

crystal_owl:
- *hug*
- it's amazing that you don't give up
- if it's not for you, that's ok too
- if it hurts when you remove it I strongly suspect it's a dryness problem; try getting some lubricant (I think we determined earlier in the thread proper lubricant like Durex Play and KY Jelly is better than Vaseline, didn't we?). If you really can't get some, maybe you can even try getting turned on (a lot) before trying again?
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Return to “General”