[SAFESPACE] Woman Thread - All Things Women. Period.

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Re: Woman Thread - Holds 5% more blue liquid than other brands!

Postby Moo » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:53 am UTC

Leave InverseNinjaMoo Alone!! :cry:
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:54 am UTC

Moo wrote:Leave InverseNinjaMoo Alone!! :cry:
Spoiler:
Fix'd
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:05 am UTC

Zak wrote:Huh, for some reason I envisioned uterine chunks as big cubes of red jello.

I've had ones like that. Only melty jell-o, not the kind that stays cube shaped.
JayDee wrote:
tin wrote:Regarding going braless
At first I'd've not thought much of it, but on reflection the adjective 'braless' springs to mind as a negative one. Possibly due to it's common proximity to 'hippie' (ie, as pretty much equivalent to a bloke needed to get a haircut.)
How about bra-free?
I've only got bra-free a few times; I think one of those was by accident, but it was ok because I had a jacket. My nipples are only determined enough to poke through a thinly padded bra and a t-shirt. (although a thin shirt will show off the pores on the sides of my nipples, bleh)

Today I was too lazy to take an actual shower, so I just rinsed the top of my head in the sink a little, becuase it's really only the greasy stuff in my hair that makes me think I need washing.

<nyssa>

Postby <nyssa> » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:58 am UTC

podbaydoor wrote:Well, I have pretty underwear and no one in the house to appreciate it (my ex turned down my offer to model them for him :( :twisted: ).
And since I'm pretty comfortable with posting myself in pretty underwear right now, as I'm careful to keep my professional life out of the internet, I will do so at some point when I get home.
<nyssa> wrote:Heya podbaydoor, you sound so upset I want to give you a hug so *hug*. I play the drums and I'm finding thats working if I pretend my snare drum is his face. And I understand totally about bursting into tears randomly - almost did a couple of times at work today :(.

You too? Thank you for the hug. *hugs*
I'm improving a little today - I've burst into tears only twice, and it's getting easier to distract myself.
This morning was so hard though. From our interactions, I feel like none of this has had any effect on my ex and it makes me feel like he never cared in the time we were together, for it to make so little impression on him. It's like he can't even understand why I'm so upset.

Yeah me too, thanks for the hug, its just what I needed *hugs back*. Glad you're feeling a little better. He sounds like he needs an extra hard hit on my snare drum for you. I'm mainly upset cos....ahh its a long story. Maybe I'll go whinge about it in the relationships thread sometime. Similar sitch to yours tho, so I can relate.
Definitely model the underwear even if its just for yourself. Nice underwear gives you confidence :)! Underwear in general gives me confidence, I feel really insecure if I go without a bra.

Cassi

Postby Cassi » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:19 am UTC

I am going to sort my wardrobe out (which involves putting quite a lot of laundry away), then I am going to pull out a few things that I really like and take photos. It is a good motivator for me to actually sort my wardrobe out, which can only be a good thing!

Okay, I had quite a lot of fun with this, so loads of photos. I was going to spoiler them separately, but this ended up being massive, so under the spoiler are A LOT of photos This is stuff from my wardrobe that covers pretty much my favourite thing to wear for most occasions...though I also made choices based on showing off some good sale deals. :P

Spoiler:
First my wardrobe, as it's actually organised for once. It is so *tiny* compared to my one at home, and I am still getting used to it.

Me with the coat I got over Christmas and *love*, though it seems to have come out a bit orangey in this photo. It's very very red, not at all orange.

Pretty typical clothes for me here...probably my favourite t-shirt (£7 from Topshop) with the black cardigan I've been wearing a lot lately (£9 from the Gap) and my current favourite jeans (my old favourite jeans have a huge hole at the corner of my back pockets...I've had the ones in this photo at least 5 years, because buying jeans is hard).

The look I had going in the snow...my rowing hoodie and splash jacket, same jeans, and my wellies. Also a photo of just my wellies, where you can see how much I need to hoover...

Typical day if I am in the mood for a skirt, or what I might wear if we're going out to college bars...two photos, because I can't get my head and feet all in one. :P

Same skirt but different top and heels...probably if we're going to college bars again. (This skirt, by the way, I got a couple years ago from a Gap outlet for 99p. The top was £7 from New Look and is supposedly an 8, but this is a blatant lie. I tend to get a lot of really mis-sized stuff in sales...)

I am in love with these shorts for going out in. £7 from New Look...I was looking for something like them for ages, but refused to pay £15+ when you're getting so little fabric. Top was £3 from New Look. Heels again, but didn't bother to get them in the photo...

Finally, two dresses. The purple one was £10 because it had a broken zipper...my stepdad's mum is brilliant and sewed a new one in, and you can't tell the difference. Unfortunately, it's slightly too big and has to be safety pinned to my bra to stay up. I also don't think the photo does it justice...I love the way it looks on me, but am not crazy about the photo. The second dress I got for £7...my flatmate was unimpressed, as she also has it but paid about £25 for it. Not decided how to tie it yet, as I am not a big fan of bows but it's a bit too long just to knot...

une see wrote:Cass, YOU are my favorite!

cin[em]atic

Postby cin[em]atic » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:48 pm UTC

cute! I especially love the t shirt and the two dresses.
d33p wrote:Em, did you ever know that you're my hero? You are the adorable crinkly-nosed freckles beneath my wings.

Pit

Postby Pit » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:02 pm UTC

@Cassi - That last dress is so cute *squee* And orange is a really nice color for you =O (That orange coat is also super cute xD)
The only thing better than bacon is more bacon on it, potentially sprinkled with bacon salt.

Xoco Mint / Pit

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:26 pm UTC

Awww, Cassi, you're so cute!

I've decided I'll model the dresses in my closet (haven't had a chance to wear them out!) plus the promised underwear. Don't really have any spectacular everyday outfits, but we'll see.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

LL Cool J
___ and ___

Postby LL Cool J » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:42 am UTC

Cassi, you're gorgeous! I love those dresses. You have awesome style.
eternal luna wrote:
Whoever made that Urban Dictionary entry wrote:She would of failed it, and then she would of known that she should've worn one.
Agh! How could one know what the contraction is, and still use "would of"?
^This was driving me mad, too. Glad I'm not the only one!

eternal luna wrote:Most of you know what PostSecret is, yeah? Today, someone had left a pile of post-it notes and some texters on the floor of the girls' bathroom at my school, and had one stuck up on the wall with "Post Your Secret" written on it. There were already a few there, and since there was no one around, I took it as an opportunity to vent what I was feeling since I still haven't managed to open up to any of my corporeal friends, and so I wrote 6 post-it notes about my rape. No describing the actual event, just how alone I was feeling because of it. I went to the bathroom later that day, and it had all been taken down :( I hope I didn't deprive other people of the chance for anonymous release just because I couldn't keep it in.
No matter who wrote what, it would have been taken down. I wrote about rape and left it in one of the PostSecret books at a bookshop in the city, once. I hope it didn't make whoever found it too upset.

And thanks, to everyone that's said nice things lately. :D
Rippy wrote:Slogan: "Beauty. Grace. Fluticasone propionate. Inhale twice daily."

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:30 am UTC

I doubt it upset anyone reading it. PostSecret tends to basically be "I'm a horrible person, here's why" or "Here's something horrible that happened. Probably to me."
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Ambelie

Postby Ambelie » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:31 am UTC

Since some people are sharing pictures of their clothing styles, I thought I'd post this picture of this really cute dress I got.

I got it at this store called Romy, I'm pretty sure they're only in Washington though. It was only like $15 so I got two, the other one is the same cut just different pattern.

I liked this picture, even though I forgot to suppress the flash, you don't need to see my face though. :-p I'm also standing on top of the toilet because that's the only place we have mirrors and good lighting, haha.

Spoiler:
dress.jpg
dress.jpg (99.33 KiB) Viewed 4080 times

Teapot

Postby Teapot » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:32 am UTC

That dress is gorgeous! :D

I'm going to get Lolsaur to take pictures of me in the outfits I like when he's down over the weekend because the full length mirror we have is in the hall and my flatmates think I'm weird enough. So pictures on Monday. :D
Jessica wrote:Dammit, teapot is better than everyone else.
Moo wrote:
pseudoidiot wrote:Localized, non-contagious willy leprosy?
"I'm sorry, sir, it's LNWL. There's nothing we can do".

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:54 pm UTC

Wow! I love that dress!!
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Moo

Postby Moo » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:45 pm UTC

OK, uterus. I *get* it, ok? I have Bad PMS now. Not just sometimes. Yes, I didn't take the evening primrose oil because I didn't think you were going to start being a complete BASTARD at 4 on a workday five days before Shark Week starts. But I will if that will make you happy!

I don't even know if it will make you happy. I will drink some herbal tea too, ok? That is all I have at the office, OK?!

I need to get this project done. You were supposed to be my friend, uterus :(

Seriously? I'm bleeding? OK, that explains the cramping but I have three days of pills left and Shark Week doesn't start for three days AFTER the active pills! What the HELL uterus? You and me, we are not ok right now. Don't even talk to me.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Rinsaikeru
Pawn, soon to be a Queen

Postby Rinsaikeru » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:00 pm UTC

Oh Moo, I think we need to stage an intervention for your uterus. That behaviour is just not on!
Rice Puddin.

Moo

Postby Moo » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:12 pm UTC

Thanks Rin. It's kind of like the exact opposite of a pregnancy scare :)

I am ammused by the idea of a Woman Thread delegation all hugging my uterus and telling it we love it. I don't know if that's the kind of intervention you meant though :)

Rinsaikeru
Pawn, soon to be a Queen

Postby Rinsaikeru » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:15 pm UTC

I think if we made your uterus feel loved enough it might decide to behave. :P
Rice Puddin.

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:57 pm UTC

*hugs moo's uterus*

Actually, I think Moo could use a hug too. *hugs moo*
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

Moo

Postby Moo » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:00 pm UTC

Thanks Dela! Isn't it funny how internet hugs actually do help? :)

Mitora

Postby Mitora » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:06 pm UTC

This is me before the test today. Sorry for the picture being so dark.
Spoiler:

Yes, I usually dress up this much on a regular basis. I enjoy it.

Mmmm, Pi

Postby Mmmm, Pi » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:07 pm UTC

I am loving the idea of hugging a uterus, so *hugs moo's uterus* as well. Moo gets hugs too of course. Mmm, wonder if I can find that knitting pattern for a uterus again as well. I always meant to knit it and never got round to it.
Mercy wrote:Since this is for everything fora, I'd just like to express my fondness of @trophy's and Mmmm, Pi's avatars. You adorable demons. <3

Pi is still tasty.

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:28 pm UTC

Cute, Mitora! You're a shining crusader pushing against today's free-falling standards on acceptable dress in public.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun

sophyturtle
I'll go put my shirt back on for this kind of shock. No I won't. I'll get my purse.

Postby sophyturtle » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:43 pm UTC

Wow those are cute shoes!
I want to get to a place where I am neither conforming nor rebelling but simply being.

cin[em]atic

Postby cin[em]atic » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:47 pm UTC

*hugs* for Moo and her uterus.
Cute shoes Mitora!

Oh! This seems to be my 100th post. Woo for mini milestones!
d33p wrote:Em, did you ever know that you're my hero? You are the adorable crinkly-nosed freckles beneath my wings.

Moo

Postby Moo » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:49 pm UTC

I missed out complimenting the first few outfits (well not the first, as I did tin but after we decided to make a thing of it). Now I feel bad and don't know how to start without it looking like I didn't like the others :oops:

Pit

Postby Pit » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:36 pm UTC

Well, everyone putting pics of outfits up encouraged me to rummage around for my dresses. I have a semi-formal and a formal-formal I am supposed to attend in about a month/two weeks time. I thought it was a good excuse for me to actually... wear a dress that's not in cosplay-mode.

Spoiler:
Pink Dress

Black Dress

Red Dress (My supposed to be prom dress except I didn't finish sewing it on time)

ImageImage
White Dress (My Back up, which turned out to be my prom dress)

Huzzah

@Mitora - By the way, I forgot to mention this (so I just edited my post) but I like your vest and I wish I could wear them more often. ;3
The only thing better than bacon is more bacon on it, potentially sprinkled with bacon salt.

Xoco Mint / Pit

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:44 pm UTC

red dress is hott! you sewed that?!
/me is way impressed
ImageImageImageImageImage

Pit

Postby Pit » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:47 pm UTC

Thanks! ;D

I did, I got a lot of help (and by a lot, I mean A LOT of professional help XD) and a lot of inspiration from elsewhere. It's a pity I never got to wear it for prom.

Xoco Mint / Pit

Hyphe

Postby Hyphe » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:13 pm UTC

Cassi, you seem to have a spookily similar wardrobe to mine. Though, I haven't worn my skirts and dresses for a very long time.

Pit: that red dress is absolutely fantastic! You definitely have talent there. :D

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:14 pm UTC

The red dress and the white dress are stunning. I'm sorry you didn't get to wear it to prom either - it would've been a refreshing change from the cheap-looking lookalike dresses that seem to plague that event. Like I said, though, the white dress is also beautiful!
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:17 pm UTC

holy shit pit those pics are beautiful!
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:29 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:holy shit pit those pics are beautiful!

The second dress especially.

I like monochrome contrasts.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

DJorgensen

Postby DJorgensen » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:41 pm UTC

ohhhhhhh so much pretty in this thread.
Now I want to go shopping again *sigh*
trap: a device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned.

Mitora

Postby Mitora » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:06 pm UTC

podbaydoor wrote:Cute, Mitora! You're a shining crusader pushing against today's free-falling standards on acceptable dress in public.

Aw, thank you dear! I appreciate that.

Pit that black dress and the red one are spectacular. ^^

cin[em]atic

Postby cin[em]atic » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:12 pm UTC

So very many pretty dresses. Though I rarely wear them, I love dresses.

kellsbells
Queen of Cupcakes

Postby kellsbells » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:15 pm UTC

This thread makes me want to go shopping so very much. I think I need dresses. So many dresses.
A good pun is its own reword.
L wrote:A day without kells is a day not worth living.

gibberishtwist

Postby gibberishtwist » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:15 pm UTC

Last edited by gibberishtwist on Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:10 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
"We have reached the limits of what rectal probing can teach us."Image

Rinsaikeru
Pawn, soon to be a Queen

Postby Rinsaikeru » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:16 pm UTC

Yes. I would so watch a movie where Pit was an assassin!
Rice Puddin.

Osha

Postby Osha » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:20 pm UTC

This post is a little late but I was too sick to internet much yesterday :(
Thanks for your kind words and support about the electrolysis everyone! :D

__jess wrote:
eternal luna wrote:Most of you know what PostSecret is, yeah? Today, someone had left a pile of post-it notes and some texters on the floor of the girls' bathroom at my school, and had one stuck up on the wall with "Post Your Secret" written on it. There were already a few there, and since there was no one around, I took it as an opportunity to vent what I was feeling since I still haven't managed to open up to any of my corporeal friends, and so I wrote 6 post-it notes about my rape. No describing the actual event, just how alone I was feeling because of it. I went to the bathroom later that day, and it had all been taken down :( I hope I didn't deprive other people of the chance for anonymous release just because I couldn't keep it in.
No matter who wrote what, it would have been taken down. I wrote about rape and left it in one of the PostSecret books at a bookshop in the city, once. I hope it didn't make whoever found it too upset.

And thanks, to everyone that's said nice things lately. :D

Yeah, if I found some postsecret notes when cleaning the bathroom I'd have to take them down regardless of content or I might get yelled at for not doing my job. With that said I'd feel a little bad for destroying peoples secrets.

This thread is indeed filled with pretty, it makes me want to go clothes shopping :)
*randomly hugs Moo's uterus*

bigstrat2003

Postby bigstrat2003 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:33 pm UTC

podbaydoor wrote:This morning was so hard though. From our interactions, I feel like none of this has had any effect on my ex and it makes me feel like he never cared in the time we were together, for it to make so little impression on him. It's like he can't even understand why I'm so upset.

I just wanted to offer a bit of male perspective on that. While what you say is possible, it's also entirely possible that he's hurting just as badly as you right now, but feels bound to keep it inside. Guys generally try to be as stoic as they possibly can, and he's only going to want to do that more if he thinks it might be bad for you to see how lost he really is ("Can't let her see I miss her, we'll just get back together for the wrong reasons and get hurt even more"). And there are people, male or female, who can shrug off a soul-shattering loss like it's nothing. It doesn't mean they didn't care for what they lost, just that they're fortunate enough to be wired to be able to ignore the pain most of us feel.

I wouldn't assume that he didn't care, not unless he acted as if he didn't care during the course of your relationship.

Return to “General”