[SAFESPACE] Woman Thread - All Things Women. Period.

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Enuja

Re: Woman Thread - The thread that gives (about once a month)

Postby Enuja » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:55 pm UTC

I've seen drawings and pictures of hymen, but I've never seen one. I never had any pain from fingering myself, and the first time I had sex didn't include any pain (well, except for the pain of my head hitting the wall behind me). I read around that time that not all women will ever notice their hymen: I've got all kinds of folds, but I've never noticed anything that blocks my vaginal opening, in a half-moon shape or otherwise.

natraj

Postby natraj » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:58 pm UTC

dwype wrote:
liza wrote:I'm going to bite the bullet and ask (usually I don't ask things of this nature, as I'm nervous and squeamish, but the mask of the internet emboldens me!).

What can I do to make losing my virginity hurt less? Any less? I'm seriously afraid of that. Luckily I still have a while on that front, and I need it; I haven't even used a tampon yet. :oops:

... so basically you replied to something that was completely irrelevant to the current conversation, was 420 pages/almost two years ago just for the sake of being a skeezy creep who comes into the woman thread to talk about the size of his penis?

Awesome.
You want to know the future, love? Then wait:
I'll answer your impatient questions. Still --
They'll call it chance, or luck, or call it Fate,
The cards and stars that tumble as they will.

pronouns: they or he

doogly
Dr. The Juggernaut of Touching Himself

Postby doogly » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:04 pm UTC

natraj wrote:... so basically you replied to something that was completely irrelevant to the current conversation, was 420 pages/almost two years ago just for the sake of being a skeezy creep who comes into the woman thread to talk about the size of his penis?

Awesome.

Seriously. If you're only going to read two pages of a thread, pick the most recent two.
It's a shame this seems to mostly happen here. It's not like women show up in the man thread assuming we are still talking about bacon. Wait, fuck.
LE4dGOLEM: What's a Doug?
Noc: A larval Doogly. They grow the tail and stinger upon reaching adulthood.

Keep waggling your butt brows Brothers.
Or; Is that your eye butthairs?

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:09 pm UTC

The man thread and the women thread serve two very different purposes.
One is considered a "safe space" where women can talk about things which generally is frowned upon in general society. The other is about bacon and manliness (and the occasional awkward question). One is considerably more formal and insular, the other is much more silly and open.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

abitha

Postby abitha » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:11 pm UTC

dwype, it probably would've been better to include that quote in your original post - it wasn't technically off-topic, but it felt like it because the post/topic you were replying to was... at least several pages back, not sure where exactly? And in most threads, it's best to read the last couple of pages to see what people are actually talking about now, and get to know the tone of the conversation a bit better, rather than just jumping in apropos of nothing.

Also, not meaning to be offensive, but your avatar looks a bit sleazy, which doesn't exactly help your cause!

Girls, c'mon, be nice. I am always amused by the way this thread deals with trollishness (intentional or otherwise), but i don't think dwype meant to offend anyone.

(ah, ninja'd)

dwype

Postby dwype » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:18 pm UTC

abitha wrote:but i don't think dwype meant to offend anyone.

ty <3

also, what? bowties are sleazy? *sighs lovingly*
Everybody lies.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:23 pm UTC

So discussion on your trousersnake fit into the equation... how, exactly?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

dwype

Postby dwype » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:27 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:So discussion on your trousersnake fit into the equation... how, exactly?

like this! ^.^
dwype wrote: i only included it to make the point that it was taking it slowly that made there be no pain, rather than my small size. C :
Everybody lies.

crowey
That's DOCTOR Crowey, to you

Postby crowey » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:10 am UTC

Belial wrote:
sophyturtle wrote:This makes me wonder about many things. Like: if there was penetration it must have been with a small tool... if I can reach it with my fingers but they don't know it is there... confusing.

It suctions over the cervix, and the cervix tends to move upward with sexual arousal.

Or, to put it another way: You can reach it with your fingers now....

noooo, it suctions to the vaginal wall. It might well move upwards with arousal, but it definitely doesn't suction onto the cervix.

runa wrote:So, anyways, where can I get a cup?

Edit: I just found http://www.mooncup.co.uk/ - any other websites I should look at?

I'll pimp up my friend's website http://www.freedomfromtampons.co.uk I'm sure she'll ship to Norway for pretty cheap :)

grapefruit1

Postby grapefruit1 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:26 am UTC

Mmkay, didn't get a chance to/chickened out on asking my mom about tampons - but THANK YOU for the support! I'm going to suck it up tonight, though, and ask her.

On a related note - is it true that you can swim with tampons? Because it's about 3,000 degrees here right now, and I've always hated those five days when I'm not allowed to go swimming.
"If someone asks you, 'Are you ticklish?', it doesn't matter whether you answer yes or no. They're going to touch you."
- Demetri Martin

crowey

Postby crowey » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:31 am UTC

yep, they act a bit like a bung so you don't leak in the pool. Just make sure you change it once you're done swimming, they can absorb a bit of the pool water and having that sitting in your vagina isn't the best thing ever :wink:
good luck :)

Dimetrodon

Postby Dimetrodon » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:34 am UTC

On tampons, spoilered for TMI:
Spoiler:
I got a tampon in last night. Magic Smoothie, Podbaydoor: I wasn't sure how far I would get on your advice, but it worked! It's really weird getting them in, and even more so getting them out, but I wore them with a pad in school today and it's so convinient. I have to find my vagina, with my fingers, every time (for now) and my fingers get covered in blood, but it's easy just to wipe the worst of it off with toilet paper and hide my hands as I run to the sink. It works! This is such a weight off of my shoulders. I'm very happy.

This is my new favorite thread.
Spoiler:

Fear my mammalian skull, my efficient heat-regulating sail, and my two rows of teeth.

aging.child

Postby aging.child » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:39 am UTC

This talk of mooncups has got me thinking. I never realized how many pads I must go through a year... But, like I said, I'm not putting anything "up there". So, does anyone know of other alternatives? Or do I have to be all old-timey and use cloth? Which, I'll admit, would cause a few problems, and just be really nasty in general.

In a related rant, I really like the phrase "on the rag". How come nobody uses it anymore? We need more cool slang for Shark Week. And I love "Shark Week", but people don't understand if I use it in real life.

And congrats Dimetrodon! Your story inspires hope for me and all other vagina-phobic girls out there!
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. --Douglas Adams

crowey

Postby crowey » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:46 am UTC

nice one Dimetrodon!

Aging.child, you can get washable cloth pads (I think sophyturtle uses them?), but I guess they can get a bit grim if you don't do your own laundry...

I'm a fan of "on the blob", it's childish but it makes me giggle. I like shark week, and living by the sea there's a fair bit of banter about getting attacked by sharks* anyway.

*we don't have dangerous sharks here.

obituary

Postby obituary » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:47 am UTC

this is not on the topic at hand, but i want some opinions.

I want a haircut.
Here is my current hair:
Spoiler:

It is, sadly, kinda wavy and curly and thick and annoying. I want to get it cut short, but my hair will get even curlier when I do that.
I can and do straighten it, and with less hair that will be less of a hassle, but I don't know.

Here are some of the looks I am considering -- opinions??
Spoiler:
1. This one is my fav, but the straight problem means it might be impractical. Image
2. Image this one is good for the waviness.
3.Image this one is not too amazing but with a little alteration its okay.
4. Image
5. This is my second fave, but again with the straight issue. Image
hey. i like you. <3.

Flying Betty

Postby Flying Betty » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:54 am UTC

Well, if you go with cloth pads then you can legitimately use "on the rag". :)

Off the top of my head, the options for Shark Week that don't involve disposables are cups, sea sponge tampons, cloth pads, and taking birth control that makes you not bleed. If you don't want things inside you, then you probably want the latter. I know some people who use cloth pads and love them, and it sounds kind of intriguing but I'm waaaaaay too lax about cleanliness to think about giving them a shot.

Re cups: I found that the beginning of Shark Week is the best time to try one out, since that's when your (mine, at least) flow is the heaviest so you have plenty of lubrication. If you're worried about leaking, just wear a pad/pantiliner until you're a bit more confident. And until you can tell what it feels like when the cup does start to leak. Also, I never really knew anything about my hymen until the first time I tried to get my Diva Cup out. Pain. Probably something that you don't want to try in public until you have it worked out. But I found the learning (and the destroying of my hymen) totally worth it and could never go back to tampons.
Belial wrote:The future is here, and it is cyberpunk as hell.

grapefruit1

Postby grapefruit1 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:57 am UTC

First of all, obituary, you're beautiful. :D

Second, while I'm not the first (read: the VERY last) person you should come to for haircut advice, I think #1 would look great.

P.S. Yay! I can swim! All the more reason.
"If someone asks you, 'Are you ticklish?', it doesn't matter whether you answer yes or no. They're going to touch you."
- Demetri Martin

aging.child

Postby aging.child » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:00 am UTC

crowey wrote:...but I guess they can get a bit grim if you don't do your own laundry...

Haha. So you're saying I should wait until I'm at college and my dad doesn't do my laundry? I could see that. :shock: "Holy shit she killed someone" But I didn't know they actually made pads out of cloth. That sounds like a good idea. In college.

Hmm. I didn't know there was birth control that could just eliminate Shark Week either. Sounds kind of dangerous though. I'm such a baby when it comes to these things.

And obituary, I'm sure your hairdresser can make it so that it looks good and is low-maintainance on an everyday basis, and then you can straighten it for special occasions/parties/randomness.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. --Douglas Adams

schumi_girl
Human sacrifice for hire

Postby schumi_girl » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:03 am UTC

@obituary: I have hair just like yours. Actually, I think mine's a bit wavier.

I wear it like this:

[spoiler for big]
Spoiler:

I've got mine whipped though, with my magic GHD hair straightener :)

I like the first haircut, I think that'd look really nice :)

Adam: "This could be trouble."
Riley: "We'd better make a fort."
Adam: "I'll get some pillows."

LL Cool J
___ and ___

Postby LL Cool J » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:06 am UTC

obituary - pretty! :D I think you'd look great with short hair, all bed-head-y and stuff. Try and find a hairdresser that's really good at curly hair, and take those pictures and ask some questions. I have curly hair too, only mine is curlier and thinner than yours. I had short hair for years, the trick for me was working out how to make my routine as quick and easy as possible. Most of the time now I just give the parts around my face a quick blow dry or straighten, and leave the rest.
Rippy wrote:Slogan: "Beauty. Grace. Fluticasone propionate. Inhale twice daily."

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:10 am UTC

RE: Gladrags and Cloth Pads
Cloth pads are ok even if someone else does your laundry, just hand-wash them most of the time (I soak mine in water first) and when you aren't on Shark Week, throw them into the laundry with your undies. THey don't cause stains and it works just fine.

In other news, I caught about half a minute of NPR in the car today, and they were discussing the marketing that goes on in schools, where girls are sometimes given little kits in health class with tampons, pads, and deodorant and whatever in them. I remembered getting that when I was young, but I forgot up until now. In retrospect, though they don't present it as such, it is definitely marketing.
It's kind of screwed up that they choose to market such products in schools, encouraging us to use disposable, wasteful products whose purpose could be much better served by the ones we've recently discussed in this thread. What drives me nuts is that in fifth grade, when I was 12, I invented the Keeper in my own mind, and wished so hard that they existed. I had no internets back then, because it was 1993, and definitely didn't have anyone to ask about it, and thus I thought of course that it didn't exist.
If only I had known!
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

obituary

Postby obituary » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:11 am UTC

We never got little kits ):

There were pads in the bathroom, but the one time it happened to me in grade school they were out so I had to go to the vice principal and tell her we were out. How uncomfortable.

P.S. schumi_girl, I love your hair! That gives me hope. I don't mind the mussy look but I dont want the annoying curliness so maybe I can just lightly straighten it.
hey. i like you. <3.

schumi_girl
Human sacrifice for hire

Postby schumi_girl » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:21 am UTC

It's easy to do, too.

Just blowdry it, straighten all of it, or just the front part, and put some product in the back to mess it up.

Ta dah! :)

Adam: "This could be trouble."
Riley: "We'd better make a fort."
Adam: "I'll get some pillows."

semicharmed

Postby semicharmed » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:21 am UTC

grapefruit1 wrote:On a related note - is it true that you can swim with tampons? Because it's about 3,000 degrees here right now, and I've always hated those five days when I'm not allowed to go swimming.

Yes, Very yes. I used to teach swimming, which last summer occasionally meant 6+ hour shifts in the pool. With no sick days unless death was threatening, and as long as you're a little more conscious of changing them (they can occasionally wick up pool water, making them less absorbent of Shark Week by-products, and since you're in the pool, there's no "oh, I'm wet, must be leaking" sensation), they work great.
And I totally understand you on the not swimming, the first summers after I starting getting Shark Week regularly I was super uncomfortable in Tampons (no one ever explicitly told me you shouldn't be able to feel them, so I'd not push them up far enough. Which would be... not good... if I was moving around.). And it sucked. Especially when Shark Week coincided with family vacation. Up to a lake.
And @obituary, I LOVE you hair, I went short last summer and mine is super curly/wavy/hard to tame. And I love mine short - it's all about finding a style that works. And products - or lack of - that will keep your hair styled to your liking.

EDIT: I will attempt to hunt up a picture that properly shows off the curliness that I have (finally) learned to love.

la fée verte

Postby la fée verte » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:41 am UTC

I actually have a funny story about the free tampon samples in school.

When I was in Year 11 (final year of secondary, so 15-16 years), we had the most awesome teacher for PSHE (that would be Personal, Social and Health Education, it was the period where they shoved the sex ed, anti-drugs lectures, citizenship education, etc.). I mean awesome. He drove to school in a hot-pink-and-black zebra-striped safari van and spent most of the class telling us stories about his itinerant punk days. He was big on free expression, and for a lot of us his classes became something more like a safe space/therapy circle type of thing than a lesson.

One lesson we were chatting away about something that might or might not have been related to the syllabus, and one of the lads starts poking around in this big metal cupboard in the corner. Cue this very puzzled exclamation - he'd found a huge case of maybe a couple of hundred sample boxes of tampons. It turned out that Tampax had been sending the school samples to give out like Meaux said, but the education authority wouldn't allow them to be given out because the school might be held responsible for TSS or I-don't-know-what-else. As far as awesome teacher was concerned though, if we took them of our own accord then he hadn't seen anything.

The lesson just dissolved into chaos, with all the girls and a fair few of the lads grabbing handfuls of these sample packs. Think rugby scrum crossed with Topshop sale, that sort of chaos. :lol:

The really cool and surprising thing was that, outside of this guy's classes, most of us felt just like a lot of the younger posters on here are saying they feel - none of us could ever have openly asked permission to go to the toilet because we were on our period, or talked in class about what products we used. I think it's sort of a testament to how much of a safe, non-judgemental atmosphere he'd created, that not only could we stock up on tampons without feeling embarrassed but a kind of impromptu health lesson developed, with some of the girls unwrapping different kinds of tampons to show the boys (and girls who'd never used them) exactly how they worked.
"We are all polylingual but some of us pretend that there is virtue in relying on not trying to understand." - Ani DiFranco

studyinserendipity
~Hanners~

Postby studyinserendipity » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:00 am UTC

sooo... kind of odd question, but with all the talk about mooncups/divacups/other Shark Week products, it got me thinking. I like tampons. What I like most about them is plastic applicators (I honestly can't properly or comfortably insert the tampon without one). But I feel like I'm not being earth-friendly by constantly using and disposing of the applicators. Does anyone know of any reusable tampon applicators? Is that even a viable idea?
People wanted for hazardous journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honor and recognition in case of success.

she/her/hers

sophyturtle
I'll go put my shirt back on for this kind of shock. No I won't. I'll get my purse.

Postby sophyturtle » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:14 am UTC

Just a little bit on the cloth rags: They are so comfortable. Because they are cloth you don't feel like you are wearing a stuffy diaper, and because they attach with snaps you never have that problem were the sticky part sticks to you. Gladrags sells the pads, inserts, and you can get this bucket for soaking. I have it and just leave it on the floor of my room all the time. It is kind of attractive and you would never know what was soaking in it. (the web site also has some cups and sponges, if you want to look at them a bit.)
But seriously, now that I have switched away from disposable I would *never* think of going back. I keep the cup and some rags with me all the time to make sure I never have to go disposable in an emergency. <3
I want to get to a place where I am neither conforming nor rebelling but simply being.

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:16 am UTC

dwype wrote:
SexyTalon wrote:So discussion on your trousersnake fit into the equation... how, exactly?

like this! ^.^
dwype wrote: i only included it to make the point that it was taking it slowly that made there be no pain, rather than my small size. C :

For reference, this user was banned for harassing people with porn links over AIM.

Creeps are everywhere.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:19 am UTC

studyinserendipity wrote:sooo... kind of odd question, but with all the talk about mooncups/divacups/other Shark Week products, it got me thinking. I like tampons. What I like most about them is plastic applicators (I honestly can't properly or comfortably insert the tampon without one). But I feel like I'm not being earth-friendly by constantly using and disposing of the applicators. Does anyone know of any reusable tampon applicators? Is that even a viable idea?

I have no idea. But I bet we could design one.
That would be fucking *handy*.
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

Carnildo

Postby Carnildo » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:30 am UTC

aging.child wrote:In a related rant, I really like the phrase "on the rag". How come nobody uses it anymore? We need more cool slang for Shark Week. And I love "Shark Week", but people don't understand if I use it in real life.

It's called the "euphemism treadmill": a new term for 'something polite people don't speak of' appears, displaces the current terminology, becomes too closely associated with the subject in question, and in turn gets displaced by a new euphemism. I figure "Shark Week" will become the accepted term in about five years, and be considered unspeakably rude in twenty.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:36 am UTC

obit: I have similar hair to you (except mine's light brown to blond depending on when I last dyed it)
This is what it looks like now
Or, more specifically, that's what it looks like when it's straight. Since I don't have a straightener, I don't actually do that. But, my hair looks like that except wavy/curly.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Ambelie

Postby Ambelie » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:45 am UTC

Speaking of make-up, I went out and bought one of those starter kits for Bare Escentuals(I hate how they spell it), and I'm pretty much in love. It was like $60 but it came with "starters" of two shades (the shade you'll need and one that's one shade lighter/darker depending), a blush type thing, and the Mineral Veil (which is basically like natural fancy colorset powder you use in like theatrical make up). The lady also gave me a sample of some stuff that's supposed to help with blemishes, and this powder face wash stuff that's made with oatmeal and some other crap, heh.

I just love it because it doesn't look like I'm wearing make-up at all, but it does a REALLY good job at covering up blemishes, and the scar I have on my cheek from picking at one zip over and over and over again.

And on hair, I have poofy/wavy/thick hair and I LOVE it, it always makes me so sad when I hear girls talking about how they hate their hair like that. Mine goes all straight when I blow dry it though, which makes me sad.

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:35 am UTC

obituary wrote:this is not on the topic at hand, but i want some opinions.

I want a haircut.
Here is my current hair:

I've said before that the goal of a hair stylist is to minimize odd features and bring out good ones, the over-all effect being that of an oval-shaped face. You already seem to HAVE that, and therefore any and all of those cuts will look ok on you. That being said, those are pretty much all the same cut anyway, with varying lengths and drastically different finished styles. You say you're hair is wavy and curly... the wave can work for you but if you straighten it every day, it doesn't matter. Just make sure your stylist knows your hair's quirks... growth patterns, cowlick, whorls, etc. They can break a beautiful cut of your stylist isn't paying attention. Hairline at the nape is a big issue as well, with short cuts.

On makeup, one of the girls in my cosmo class is also an esthetician and a MAC makeup artist. She showed us some bad ass stuff, and then I whipped out my Urban Decay and played on myself a bit. Here is what I did today:

Um, just kidding apparently. My computer doesn't seem to want to recognize my cameras memory card. That's ok... its a crappy camera and I have no decent lighting so you can't get the full effect. I'll just photoshop up an example.
Attachments
greens.jpg
1 loose powder eyeshadow, 2 pressed powder shadows, 1 cream to powder shadow. All applied with 3 brushes. No eyeliner, add mascara and tah-dah. I'll try to get a good picture of this design some time and more.
greens.jpg (13.41 KiB) Viewed 4404 times

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

PictureSarah
Secretary of Penile Nomenclature

Postby PictureSarah » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:44 am UTC

On the subject of hair and makeup, I could really use some ideas for what to do with my hair and face for the wedding. To give everyone an idea, my hair is pretty long (about to the middle of my back), and very straight, smooth, and pretty thick. It doesn't really like to hold curls or stay in any style except tight ponytails/buns, but I'm sure it could be coerced into doing what I wanted by someone who knew what they were doing. I don't want a hairstyle that screams "prom" with an updo that includes a pile of curls on top of my head, but other than that, I'm open to suggestions. I'm not wearing a veil.
Makeup - I'm wearing gold. I have black hair and brown eyes. I think my mouth is my best feature, and I'd like to play it up, but I'd also like to do something a bit above and beyond for the eyes as well. Ideas?
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

Magic Smoothie

Postby Magic Smoothie » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:59 am UTC

Perhaps for your hair you could try a chignon? That would draw a little bit more attention to the lower half of your face without your having an "overly made-up" look by trying to accentuate your lips and your eyes with makeup. Or you could do the opposite, and do some sort of hairstyle that sits higher on your head and use a bolder lipstick.
The Smoothie has started blogging. OH NO.

Ambelie

Postby Ambelie » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:08 am UTC

Oh, and obituary, you can also try and see if you can get your hair thinned out. My hair looks very similar to yours when I let it air dry and I went to one of those rather nice hair salons one time and spent a ridiculous amount (like $90 after tip, I gave the guy like a $15 tip though because he did an AMAZING job) on it, but the guy thinned out my hair a little bit and I got it cut really short and it looked like this;
Spoiler:
short hair.jpg
short hair.jpg (98.24 KiB) Viewed 4365 times
Yes, I know I wasn't wearing pants in that picture and you can see my underwear a little, but I don't care! I love the mirror stuff in this picture. :) haha

Though I think that was after I blow dried it, which like I said, for my hair makes it go straight.

But you might want to look into it, like go to a salon and ask them if they think they would be able to thin your hair out.

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:57 am UTC

Meaux_Pas wrote:I invented the Keeper in my own mind,
ME too!! Man, I was so psyched when I found out it was real.
But yeah, at the same time so incredibly pissed that we got these kits that were just advertisements. By that point I knew about that stuff anyway. And there were also disposable pantiliners, wth? I don't really understand why you use them. One of my housemates last year seemed to use them all the time. I wasn't close enough to her to ask why, but.. why? I mean, why? There's nothing I'd rather avoid more.

And: all the hair and make-up looks gorgeous! I am listening intently!

Hyphe

Postby Hyphe » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:02 am UTC

Jess: your hair is gorgeous, I'm so jealous. :D

Woo for haircut tips! I was considering asking exactly the same question as obituary did. My hair is incredibly fluffy and voluminous as well as being super-thick and wavy, but I'd love to have a really short cut - but that means too short to straighten it, and I'm worried the lack of weight will just turn my hair into a ball of fuzz. But I really need a haircut... :S

LL Cool J
___ and ___

Postby LL Cool J » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:46 am UTC

PictureSarah, I don't know much about hairstyles, but I think this is pretty and I wish my hair was long enough to do something like that.
Rippy wrote:Slogan: "Beauty. Grace. Fluticasone propionate. Inhale twice daily."

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:11 am UTC

parkaboy wrote:esthetician
THAT's the word I was after pages and pages back! Thank you!
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Return to “General”