[SAFESPACE] Woman Thread - All Things Women. Period.

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

abitha

Re: Woman Thread - The thread that gives (about once a month)

Postby abitha » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:23 am UTC

Wow, never knew you could get reusable pads (i don't know what i thought women did before disposables were created... stands to reason really doesn't it?). The ones on the site sophy posted seem a bit on the expensive side, but for those in the UK, i have found this site and am strongly considering buying one of their bargain packs.

I've exclusively used disposable pads until recently, then decided to buy a mooncup. Still can't get the damn thing in, but it encouraged me to try tampons again, so have started using those now, with an occasional attempt at mooncup insertion when i'm feeling brave. I like the idea of having a range of different options so that I can mix and match depending on how heavy my flow is, what i'm wearing, what i'm going to be doing that day etc. Will let you know how it goes with the reusable pads...

Also,
grapefruit1 wrote:Mmkay, didn't get a chance to/chickened out on asking my mom about tampons - but THANK YOU for the support! I'm going to suck it up tonight, though, and ask her.

this made me laugh. I wouldn't have thought sucking up menstrual blood is to be recommended... :lol:

Muufacey

Postby Muufacey » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:58 am UTC

abitha wrote:
grapefruit1 wrote:Mmkay, didn't get a chance to/chickened out on asking my mom about tampons - but THANK YOU for the support! I'm going to suck it up tonight, though, and ask her.

this made me laugh. I wouldn't have thought sucking up menstrual blood is to be recommended... :¡This cheese is burning me!:

Oh Jesus Christ, no. Ugh. That was a horrible joke. xD

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:05 pm UTC

existential_elevator wrote:
Meaux_Pas wrote:I invented the Keeper in my own mind,
ME too!! Man, I was so psyched when I found out it was real.
But yeah, at the same time so incredibly pissed that we got these kits that were just advertisements. By that point I knew about that stuff anyway. And there were also disposable pantiliners, wth? I don't really understand why you use them. One of my housemates last year seemed to use them all the time. I wasn't close enough to her to ask why, but.. why? I mean, why? There's nothing I'd rather avoid more.

And: all the hair and make-up looks gorgeous! I am listening intently!

I imagine that the need for daily pantyliners (some girls I used to live with were daily pantyliner people) has to do with having enough discharge to perceive it as a problem, or maybe a problem with spotting (fuck all, do I have a problem with spotting right now. I am now a daily gladrag kind of girl).
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

semicharmed

Postby semicharmed » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:18 pm UTC

Yeah, when I was on BC, pantyliners we more than sufficient for the 24 hours that Shark Week took. Put one in when in started (noon on the THursday after I took the ring out) and that would be sufficient until Friday at around 3:30 when I was done.
It was pretty nice. I also, now that I'm off, use them to backup tampons instead of a whole giant pad. Just to protect against unexpected heaviness, since I'll occasionally forget that I'm Shark Weeking and have a tampon in until I've spotted a little.

natraj

Postby natraj » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:35 pm UTC

parkaboy wrote:I've said before that the goal of a hair stylist is to minimize odd features and bring out good ones, the over-all effect being that of an oval-shaped face.

I am sort of curious about this, actually! Is this taught in school when you study to be a stylist?

It probably explains why it is so impossible most of the time to find good stylists when you are not white :(

I mean, different races often have very different facial shapes, and trying to eliminate "odd" features and bring out "good" ones to make everyone's faces look white attractive seems like -- I don't know. It has a very one-sided view of what odd and good mean, if the end goal is always generally going to be the same basic face-shape.
You want to know the future, love? Then wait:
I'll answer your impatient questions. Still --
They'll call it chance, or luck, or call it Fate,
The cards and stars that tumble as they will.

pronouns: they or he

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:28 pm UTC

Indeed, Natraj. It kind of reminds me of, "If you're short, don't wear knee-length skirts because they don't make you look tall, and tall is beautiful, girls!"

I like knee-length skirts.
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

Spacemilk

Postby Spacemilk » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:20 pm UTC

Parkaboy those designs are amazing :o I'm excited to see the real-life pictures.

Obituary, first of all, cute picture :) second of all, cute choices for hairstyles! You can definitely get them. Like other people said, you can thin your hair out. Also, you are lucky that you DO have thick hair - you can use a product to make it all spiky, or curly, and it won't weigh your hair down. (my hair is fine, and I have to be extremely careful what I put in it, or my hair gets flat and looks terrible) The best stuff I've seen is the Bedhead stuff (I think by Tigi?). You can do ANYTHING with your hair with that stuff, and it smells really really good. And your style will stay all day. Amazing stuff. Make sure to post "after" pictures so we can "ooh" and "aah"!!! :)
milk from space is good for you!

natraj

Postby natraj » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:53 pm UTC

Delalyra wrote:Indeed, Natraj. It kind of reminds me of, "If you're short, don't wear knee-length skirts because they don't make you look tall, and tall is beautiful, girls!"

I like knee-length skirts.

Yes. It sets up this uncomfortably narrow ideal of beauty and then everyone outside of that, well, you've got to try and find The Right Clothes and The Right Hair and The Right Makeup etc. to bring your body/features/etc into alignment with what is "good".

I dunno. My face isn't an oval. I'm not going to try and style my hair (when I have hair) to make it look any less round and more oval just so I can look whiter because that is "good" and my features are "odd".

diotimajsh

Postby diotimajsh » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:31 pm UTC

natraj wrote:Yes. It sets up this uncomfortably narrow ideal of beauty and then everyone outside of that, well, you've got to try and find The Right Clothes and The Right Hair and The Right Makeup etc. to bring your body/features/etc into alignment with what is "good".

I (a male-bodied individual who likes female clothing/presentation) run into that kind of limitation a lot. A lot of dresses that I find myself drawn to have thin straps which is not so great for very broad shoulders.

Erm, on the other hand, I guess since I specifically want to avoid looking broad-shouldered, it's more about my personal preference than society's normative dictates. (Although the two happen to coincide for the feminine ideal in this case). I'm just expressing frustration that I too feel limited fashion-wise by a narrow ideal of beauty, even though it's an ideal I freely choose myself.
Osha wrote:Foolish Patriarchy! Your feeble attempts at social pressure have no effect on my invincible awesomeness! Bwahahahaa

Blog type thing

Rinsaikeru
Pawn, soon to be a Queen

Postby Rinsaikeru » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:35 pm UTC

In regards to face shape--I'd go so far to say that even within the same ethnic group there's lots and lots of variation and so trying to cut hair to make everyone look oval is quite ridiculous.

My face is round or heart shaped depending on who you ask. One man at a booth selling jewlery from Egypt grabbed my face and said "your face, it is like the moon." And it was so bizarre I forgot to be creeped out. I assume, he meant it as a compliment ...maybe.

I do use clothing I feel suits my shape to enhance parts of my figure I particularly like. But if you want to wear something I think you should whether it's knee length or ankle length.
Rice Puddin.

obituary

Postby obituary » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:12 pm UTC

Thanks guys :) I am gonna wait until May atleast for the hair cut, because my sister's is similar and we go to the same school, so that would be a bit odd.

I don't know if my face is actually that oval, that picture is not really how it looks, but I still hope it will be okay.
hey. i like you. <3.

Cashew

Postby Cashew » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:20 pm UTC

PictureSarah wrote:On the subject of hair and makeup, I could really use some ideas for what to do with my hair and face for the wedding. To give everyone an idea, my hair is pretty long (about to the middle of my back), and very straight, smooth, and pretty thick. It doesn't really like to hold curls or stay in any style except tight ponytails/buns, but I'm sure it could be coerced into doing what I wanted by someone who knew what they were doing. I don't want a hairstyle that screams "prom" with an updo that includes a pile of curls on top of my head, but other than that, I'm open to suggestions. I'm not wearing a veil.
Makeup - I'm wearing gold. I have black hair and brown eyes. I think my mouth is my best feature, and I'd like to play it up, but I'd also like to do something a bit above and beyond for the eyes as well. Ideas?

When I got married, I wore my hair in a half up/half down curly do, with no veil either.... My hair is pin straight and doesn't typically hold a curl either(you basically described my hair to a tee), but a good hair-doer will be able to make it stay-- they have magic products(the type in plain-ish indrustrial cans), for me, it involved something goopy and then a spray, then more spray... and a curling iron... and 9 million pins.
This is kinda the back-ish
Spoiler:

and this one is front-ish
Spoiler:

As for makeup, if you mouth is your best feature, go bold :) you can do your eyes simply. (false eyelashes are a awesome thing, when applied right, they don't look horribly artificial, and they lend a dramatic POP to your features. I ended up going to a professional, it wasn't cheap but, it saved me something to stress over.

hope it helps

sophyturtle
I'll go put my shirt back on for this kind of shock. No I won't. I'll get my purse.

Postby sophyturtle » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:25 pm UTC

Cashew I love your dress.
shiny...
I want to get to a place where I am neither conforming nor rebelling but simply being.

Spacemilk

Postby Spacemilk » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:33 pm UTC

sophyturtle wrote:Cashew I love your dress.
shiny...

This. And your hair looks gorgeous. :)
milk from space is good for you!

Cytoplasm

Postby Cytoplasm » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:13 pm UTC

So, I made some people feel very awkard today:

Did you know that vaginas are about 4 inches long and strech? My vagina could be longer than your penis!

(I have been told by Mr. Smarticus Jar'd that this be fact)

Wouldn't it be weird if women bragged how big their vaginas are like guys do with their penises?

I enjoyed making many people feel awkward..minus..two people. They were okay with those facts.

I also have a guy friend who doesn't know where the cliterus is and I believe wants to avoid knowing for now.
¡No tengo miedo a fantasmas!

Spoiler:
Cytoplasm: I have catoragized some of my family into lolcats.
Felstaff: For a drudging Thursday afternoon, that level of cuteness has really made my day. Can... Can I keep you?

Felstaff wrote:
Cytoplasm wrote:shannonigans

<3

PictureSarah
Secretary of Penile Nomenclature

Postby PictureSarah » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:40 pm UTC

Cashew, I totally love your dress! It's beautiful. I was hovering between gold and red (pretty much the same shade you chose), but ended up going with gold because it fit better with my fall color scheme, and I wanted one of my bridesmaids to be able to wear a reddish color. Do you think false eyelashes would come off if I sweat or cry or anything? I'm a little paranoid about that sort of addition to my face, but I like the idea of how it would look...

[quote="diotimajsh"
Erm, on the other hand, I guess since I specifically want to avoid looking broad-shouldered, it's more about my personal preference than society's normative dictates. (Although the two happen to coincide for the feminine ideal in this case). I'm just expressing frustration that I too feel limited fashion-wise by a narrow ideal of beauty, even though it's an ideal I freely choose myself.[/quote]

Well, it's not *just* about your personal preference. Society thinks that women should not have broad, athletic shoulders. I was a wedding photographer for a woman who does competitive swimming last summer, and she told me that she'd stopped swimming when her husband proposed (a year before the wedding) to try and make her shoulders less broad and muscular because she was afraid of how she would look in a strapless wedding gown. That made me sad. I have very broad shoulders. Dresses with spaghetti straps (especially with necklines that are cut straight across, rather than a V-neck) make me look like a football player. I'm starting to care less and less, though. It's kind of nice to be strong :).
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

obituary

Postby obituary » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:55 am UTC

You know what I hate? Bathing suit season. Discuss.
hey. i like you. <3.

Rinsaikeru
Pawn, soon to be a Queen

Postby Rinsaikeru » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:58 am UTC

I hate poorly made bathing suits. Well made suits and I'm fine. I'll even wear a bikini if I like the cut of it's jib.

I love summer and swimming and don't really care much what people think about my butt in a bathing suit. :P
Rice Puddin.

Virtual_Aardvark

Postby Virtual_Aardvark » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:08 am UTC

I hate bathing suits with a passion. Bikini tops are fine, I hate the bottoms. It doesn't matter what style I get because they all show off what I want to hide. I don't like how I look in one pieces. What bothers me is that I look great naked, I really think I do. But I put on one teensy bit of fabric and all that goes away. Thankfully all my friends are hippies so I can just swim naked most of the time. Yay for no tan lines!

On another note, I just got a diva cup. I'm actually kinda looking forward to my next period.
"imaginary gardens with real toads in them"
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:An actual cloud... full of lesbians.

Isotope_238

Postby Isotope_238 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:21 am UTC

I would never feel comfortable in a bikini. I don't even wear miniskirts, tank tops, or really short shorts. It's not that I'm unattractive (I think...); it's just that I wouldn't feel right exposing so much skin. I'm going to get a pair of swim shorts and one of those surfer-type swimsuit-material Tshirts instead of a ordinary bathing suit. I sunburn horribly, so the shoulder and butt coverage will be great.

Also, I have all sorts of problems when it comes to shaving my legs above the knees. Even with a newer razor blade, I take skin off at the follicles and the red bumps do not disappear or heal inside of several months. I've resorted to never wearing a shorter skirt without tights or shorts under it. I'd really like to find some way to avoid this. Any ideas?

sophyturtle
I'll go put my shirt back on for this kind of shock. No I won't. I'll get my purse.

Postby sophyturtle » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:03 am UTC

Bathing suits: I love them except for around my inner thighs, where the dark thick forest seems to reject attempts to make it unknown. I have to shave less then 6 hours before I want to go out, or I have stubble and red bumps.
I hear exfoliating works on the bumps, but it does not seem to make a huge difference.

As to making things heal faster, I use triple anti-biotic ointment for this purpose. For everything. Zits, cuts, burns, and whatever else I find.
I want to get to a place where I am neither conforming nor rebelling but simply being.

Ambelie

Postby Ambelie » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:23 am UTC

I just use an electric trimmer, it doesn't go all the way to the skin, so it doesn't cause red bumps. It's not completely gone, but gone enough so that when I wear a bathing suit you don't see anything poking out.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:31 am UTC

I hate bathing suits. Because they really don't go well with me. And as such I miss swimming. I've discussed this before.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

maycelestia

Postby maycelestia » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:37 am UTC

Although I love swimming and going to the beach, bathers always trouble me. Don't feel comfortable in a two-piece for my own strange reasons - nothing to do with body shape really, though the shaving issue is more than a little annoying - but feel frumpy in a one-piece. Thankfully here in Australia it's (slowly) turning into winter, so no more swimming for a few months.

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:59 am UTC

natraj wrote:
parkaboy wrote:I've said before that the goal of a hair stylist is to minimize odd features and bring out good ones, the over-all effect being that of an oval-shaped face.

I am sort of curious about this, actually! Is this taught in school when you study to be a stylist?

It probably explains why it is so impossible most of the time to find good stylists when you are not white :(

I mean, different races often have very different facial shapes, and trying to eliminate "odd" features and bring out "good" ones to make everyone's faces look white attractive seems like -- I don't know. It has a very one-sided view of what odd and good mean, if the end goal is always generally going to be the same basic face-shape.

That is the very base of what we learn. After they drill that into our heads they through the "BUT"s at us. It really depends on the individual, and what THEY want. At the end of the salon appointment, they walk out with their hair and even if it looks fantastic on them, if it's not what they want, they'll be miserable. The best we can really do is give our professional opinion and try to work with the clients goals to reach something that we are proud to say is our work. With extremely curly hair, there really isn't a lot you can do, comparatively. It scares a lot of stylists, unfortunately.

Swim suits: not an issue, I hate the sun for more than drive-to-work or short-outing exposure time. I find that vintage styles look best on me. My shoulders are as wide as my hips almost, my waist is relatively small, but I still have a wide butt and hate the tops of my legs. A tiny skirt, strapless or halter and black black black are my solid requirements.

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

nightlina
Location: Probably at work... in Australia. Therefore I post while you sleep.

Postby nightlina » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:38 am UTC

PictureSarah wrote:Do you think false eyelashes would come off if I sweat or cry or anything? I'm a little paranoid about that sort of addition to my face, but I like the idea of how it would look...

I have very broad shoulders. Dresses with spaghetti straps (especially with necklines that are cut straight across, rather than a V-neck) make me look like a football player. I'm starting to care less and less, though. It's kind of nice to be strong :).

I used to wear falsies whenever I was dancing - they were pretty good at staying in place. They do feel a little heavier on your eye, and if you're prone to tearing up then they can make you do that, too). Once you're accustomed to them, though, and if they're in the right place on your lid, then you hardly notice them, except for feeling a little more glamorous ;) So I suggest you give them a go, and just practice a little before the day to get used to them. They're reusable, so it's not like you'll have to buy a spare set or anything. :)

As to broad shoulders, i'm pretty similar. I've got muscley arms, as well, but a narrow waist - so lots of tops either cut off the circulation to my arms or hang very baggily around my body. As to necklines, I've found round necklines the worst and love V-necks or collars.

With swimsuits, well, we're going into winter here, but i'm generally pretty comfy wearing my bikini. The only thing that will bother me is my snail trail down my belly (the amount of times I've turned down going for a spontaneous swim because I haven't had time to wax the belly hairs...... *sigh*). I keep it in check a bit better now, but even waxed you can see where I've gotten scars from ingrown hairs :(

Gentlelady

Postby Gentlelady » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:54 am UTC

I can't wear them because I burn too easily. I go find a pair of swim trunks that fit and buy a top that covers my stomach, then a t shirt goes over that. The one time I wore a bikini my boobs kept coming out of the top and I burned everywhere. I looked like a lobster a week or two.
d33p wrote:And Karma rode upon a pale horse, and GentleLady followed behind.
sleepygamer wrote:Once you go sleepy you never go backy.

crickets

Postby crickets » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:41 am UTC

I used to swim a LOT as a kid. And since i hit puberty, it's been competitive quality one-piece bathing suits. Cause that's how i roll. I don't think i'll ever, ever set foot outside my front door in a bikini.

Sidenote:
PMS makes me want to kill myself. Literally. I'll just wander around the house, or my work, going "you know what i could do? Suicide!". And because i'm on birth control, i always know when it's coming and yet it still makes me spinny and confused and weird. Now i'm being crampy, which sucks, but i'm happy that my paranoid stabby feelings will be gone soon!

Also: my knee is starting to explode. Which is another good sign that it's shark week soon. I kind of hate how it's almost a week after my last BC pill... that doesn't seem right.

I'm rambling.
Need a nap.
SecondTalon wrote:Virtue may be it's own reward, but so are Skittles.

Gentlelady

Postby Gentlelady » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:46 am UTC

crickets wrote:

Sidenote:
PMS makes me want to kill myself. Literally. I'll just wander around the house, or my work, going "you know what i could do? Suicide!". And because i'm on birth control, i always know when it's coming and yet it still makes me spinny and confused and weird. Now i'm being crampy, which sucks, but i'm happy that my paranoid stabby feelings will be gone soon!

I'm rambling.
Need a nap.

That is how I get. I get so weird before it and during it, I weird myself out. Sleep is nice.
d33p wrote:And Karma rode upon a pale horse, and GentleLady followed behind.
sleepygamer wrote:Once you go sleepy you never go backy.

Plasmic-Turtle

Postby Plasmic-Turtle » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:31 am UTC

crickets wrote:I kind of hate how it's almost a week after my last BC pill... that doesn't seem right.

Does that mean that you won't get it at all, cause you'll be back on the hormonal pills? I find my sharkweek usually arrives about 3 days or so after the last pill, and then sometimes it's over again in 2 days whereas others my pill seems to cut it short. I've always felt odd about cutting it short.

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:22 am UTC

I cut mine short, and then get gross oxidized spotting the next day. Ah well.

Crickets: have you considered skipping periods? Suicidal tendencies does not sound like fun. :(
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:46 pm UTC

...whatever happened to hair mascara, anyway?

That, uh, didn't completely come out of nowhere. I remember when my stepmum married my dad, she got this really nice upmarket hair mascara to put in highlights and it was a really nice walnut colour.

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:50 pm UTC

I really like swimming but I don't have much time or a place to swim, sadly. I used to be decent at diving too (I could do forwards and backwards dives and flips from a normal board) which was a lot of fun. I haven't been swimming in about four years now, although last summer I did get a bathing suit on sale, which I really like and just have not had the chance to wear. I'd never wear a bikini, too much exposure! Plus I don't think my body shape would look good in one. I've always had one-pieces and that's just what I'm used to as well. Plus since I like to dive and flip and such, I'd be scared a bikini would come off! I feel much safer in a one-piece.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:10 pm UTC

E_E: this hair mascara, it would esentially color your hair without dying it right?
ImageImageImageImageImage

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:15 pm UTC

suffer-cait wrote:E_E: this hair mascara, it would esentially color your hair without dying it right?
Pretty much. Wash-out, and it worked in exactly the same way as mascara. It wasn't really meant for colouring all your hair, just putting in streaks. Though, oh, from googling for a better explanation it seems you can still buy it from Stargazer but I remember when I was younger the stuff was everywhere and I used to have all kinds of colours of it.

Edit: What Natraj is about to say is exactly why they were awesome!
Last edited by existential_elevator on Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:22 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

natraj

Postby natraj » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:18 pm UTC

Oh man I used to love that hair mascara stuff. It actually coloured my hair! (Which is generally too dark to dye and needs so much bleach before it'll take colour that it burns half my scalp off.)

I had exciting blue and purple and bright red hair mascaras and it was wonderful.

Rinsaikeru
Pawn, soon to be a Queen

Postby Rinsaikeru » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:30 pm UTC

I had those hair mascaras too! Weirdest part was my dad just brought them home one day and gave them to me.

Did he buy them? Did a friend say, you have daughters right? Want some hair mascara?

I just cannot properly imagine this scenario--but the other day he brought us sun screen so I don't ask.
Rice Puddin.

Teapot

Postby Teapot » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:42 pm UTC

I had glitter hair mascara because my mum didn't want me to colour my hair at all (I have no idea why). It was still pretty awesome.
Jessica wrote:Dammit, teapot is better than everyone else.
Moo wrote:
pseudoidiot wrote:Localized, non-contagious willy leprosy?
"I'm sorry, sir, it's LNWL. There's nothing we can do".

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:20 pm UTC

Awesome, the first day of the year I finally get to wear a skirt is also the day Shark Week starts. *sigh*

At least it is a cute skirt! I will post pics today if I can.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

DJorgensen

Postby DJorgensen » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:15 pm UTC

crickets wrote:I don't think i'll ever, ever set foot outside my front door in a bikini.

I'll take on that challenge! ;)

I'd love to find something that I would be comfortable with. I miss swimming.
I don't mind bikini tops, but bottoms... well... skirty ones should be ok.
That or skinny dipping!
trap: a device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned.

Return to “General”