[SAFESPACE] Woman Thread - All Things Women. Period.

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Kyberely

Re: [SAFESPACE] Woman Thread-The thread that gives (every month)

Postby Kyberely » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:54 am UTC

Luna I love the one that is 4th down with the bow on it. Then the bottom one.
Faye Whitaker wrote:His first thought would be "BJORN WANT HOT PEASANT GIRL"and his second thought would be "AUGH PEASANT GIRL ANALLY VIOLATING BJORN WITH BJORN'S OWN BATTLEAXE"

Hyphe

Postby Hyphe » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:20 am UTC

Moo wrote:Luna, I cannot choose a favourite, they are all sooo fabulous! But for a formal, the Topshop one and the last one would be my choices in that order.

If you decide which dress I'll be happy to contribute my opinion on accessories but my taste is very classical boring old-fashioned simple.

I agree with Moo (again). Also about the accessories. They're all lovely, though, and sound like an amazing bargain! :D

LL Cool J
___ and ___

Postby LL Cool J » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:33 am UTC

Luna, you're beautiful! My vote is with the last one, and my runner up vote is the fourth one, for the formal. With the accessories, I reckon the fourth dress could have quite flashy stuff, but the last one is so pretty that anything very elaborate would be too much.

(On a small side note, I make jewelry and would be happy to make you a necklace or something if you can't find anything quite right)
Rippy wrote:Slogan: "Beauty. Grace. Fluticasone propionate. Inhale twice daily."

tin
Foxy McAwesomesworth

Postby tin » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:09 am UTC

Those dresses are wonderful, Luna. You've got a dress addict here drooling. I say the 4th one for your formal. The cut and the shape really look good on you. Also it's cute without being too relaxed. Accessories wise, a black flower corsage broach would look really good pinned on a strap. Actually, a purple or burgundy broach would work too. Or wear the corsage as a hair accessory. Both should be oversized!

Also, you know what would look awesome with that dress? Those cute quilted black bags, with gold chain handles. Match it with some gold peep-toe flats or kitten heels and bam! Awesome o' clock.

Also I ADORE the first dress and would like it in my wardrobe, please.
i dare you to take me on...

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:32 am UTC

I absolutely abhore peep-toe shoes, but it's the damndest thing, I can't tell you why. Please note, all of Tin's advice is good advice and my dislike is irrational and should not be taken as fashion advice, it's just a random remark.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:09 pm UTC

I like the last two dresses the best.
:)
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

jmrz
I am going to attempt to use this. I just have to wait for the opportune moment.

Postby jmrz » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:12 pm UTC

I really really like the last dress. I say keep the dress as the feature, pick up a really small and cheap (head to Diva or the likes?) necklace, but make sure it is simple. I'd go for silver, but that is mainly because I can't wear gold, it never looks good on me. Keep the jewelry to a minimum, and I'd probably go for some plain black peep toes with an absurdly high heel. Either that, or red shoes. I love love love red shoes and black above the knee dresses.
Alisto wrote:jmrz is awesome in ways that mere mortals cannot hope to comprehend.

jmrz
I am going to attempt to use this. I just have to wait for the opportune moment.

Postby jmrz » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:38 pm UTC

Double posting for my outfit! I had an engagement party to go to tonight, and I was about to wear something else, when I asked a friend for shoe advice. He told me what I had on was pretty average and I had to change it. This is what I ended up with (sorry about the multiple images, but I don't have a full length mirror, also the cardigan thing is abut a shade darker than the tights, it's not really that blue).

Shoes:
Spoiler:

Top/Necklace:
Spoiler:

Best I can get of a full outfit shot:
Spoiler:
Alisto wrote:jmrz is awesome in ways that mere mortals cannot hope to comprehend.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:32 pm UTC

I love purple, sooo much!
Love the tights... love the shoes...

And, as you know, you're damn lovely... you make me so envious when you post photos.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:37 pm UTC

Purple and black!
WIN

I like it a lot. :)
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq

semicharmed

Postby semicharmed » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:10 pm UTC

New bathing suit passes the beach test. Ie, all the important bits stay in the suit when taking a very quick dash into the water. Quick because the water's only up to ~58 degrees, or so says the lifeguards. Not too bad once you're all in, though.
And the suit stayed tied and covering. And waves were dove into.
Also: it is bright pink, first pink thing I've had in a while. And awesome. It is this one, although obviously not on me.

Edit: wrong link.
Last edited by semicharmed on Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:44 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:13 pm UTC

the link doesn't work...

But congrats on a good swimsuit! Such are hard to find!

*wishes she lived near the ocean, or at least a big lake* (yes I live in Michigan, but I don't live near a nice beach.)

Plasmic-Turtle

Postby Plasmic-Turtle » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:41 am UTC

Luna I'll put another vote in for the fourth and the last! At first I thought I preferred the 4th, but then I had another compare-a-thon and I couldn't decide. If the last is your fave I'd totally recommend going with that one, because the confidence you'll wear it with and the feeling extra-gorgeous will make your night all that much better and make you feel as stunning as you deserve to. I really don't think you need a padded bra either, but that's just my opinion!

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:46 pm UTC

swimsuits: I'm done with fashion suits for a while. I went to several sporting goods stores today and checked out Speedo, Nike, Reebok and Tyr performance suits. Man, I so miss being on a swim team, and I'm looking forward to joining a YMCA and getting my ass up at 5am to swim laps before school every morning.

Sad note: Tyr and awesome Speeds are goddamn expensive. I found some decent Nike ones for about $25 to $35 though, and will be trying them on as soon as I get my membership at the Y solidified.

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

PictureSarah
Secretary of Penile Nomenclature

Postby PictureSarah » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:15 pm UTC

I know sites like Kiefer usually have grab-bag sales, where you just give them your size, and they send you a brand name (Speedo, Tyr, Nike) suit in a surprise color or pattern, and those are usually pretty inexpensive. Also, I remember from my swimteam days getting the "Dolfin Uglies," which is the same grab-bag idea, and were usually around $30. I have a plain black Speedo competition suit that I use for lap swimming, and I just ordered some new goggles yesterday. I'm contemplating whether or not casual gym swimming really needs a cap or not. As soon as it warms up just a little I'm going to start doing swims across the local lakes and back, and I'm considering signing up for the Alcatraz Sharkfest swim, which is a 1.5 mile swim from Alcatraz Island (San Francisco Bay) to the city. I think that's probably too ambitious for this year, but maybe next summer.
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

Raeluna

Postby Raeluna » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:23 pm UTC

Im pulling from WAY back on the first page topic... xD

Soooooo. Fuber heavy, 4-week long endo-fueled periods suck big time. And when I say fuber, I mean fnucking UBER. As in pads and tampons are laughable. Try adult diapers and "Oh me yarm Oh did I just pass an egg?!" sized chunks and ouchness. Tried a DivaCup... Pfffhahaha. <.< It was like a horror movie.

:x
thicknavyrain wrote:Marry me. Now.

"So, why are you a fruit bat?"
"I dunno, healthier I guess."
"Well yeah, but 'I vant to suck your melons' just doesn't have the same ring to it."

eternal luna

Postby eternal luna » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:26 am UTC

Wow. Okay, since there seems to be a consensus on the fourth and six, I'm only choosing between them: the fourth is cute enough that I'll be able to wear it more often, while the sixth would be difficult. The last one also cost about double the fourth, so I think I'll go with that :D

Moo, you're speaking to someone who doesn't wear jewellery, and has decided, for sanity's sake, to avoid choosing clothes on a daily basis based on how they look with each other. Any style would be step up from that, and I trust your opinion. (Hyphe, if you have something to contribute, please, do.:D [I'm trying hard not to pepper this whole post with smiles, but I'm not sure how to make all this sound informal and not condescending in any way without them. I'm grinning as I type, really.])

Jess, that would be absolutely amazing! I'll PM you to continue this.

Tin, as always, your style is sweet, and I'd like to hear your opinion for accessories for the strapless black one. I should have long enough hair by the date, so I really like the idea of a corsage in it. Though I think I'll forgo the peep-toes- my second toe is long enough that it just pokes way too far out of them and looks freakish. But, then again, I can't wear shoes that only have a strap at the front part of the foot, because the bone that lead to my littlest toe is bent outwards, and that looks awful too :( I have messed-up feet. Going barefoot everywhere is so much easier.

jmrz- I really like the idea of red for the shoes, thank you! Also, your tights are fantastic- would you mind telling me where you got them? I've been looking for a pair that aren't sparkly or horribly neon, yet colourful.

Raeluna- gods, that sounds awful :( Four weeks?! *hugs*

On a slightly less commiseration-cramp inducing note, threadless has some cute t-shirts. And I'm not sure if I've mentioned this necklace before but, aside from the summary on the side, I think it's terribly cute, too.
Alexius:-Охуели? Нахуя дохуя хуйний нахуярили? Расхуяривай нахуй!
-Хули? Нихуя! Нехуй расхуяривать! Нахуячено нехуёво! Похуярили!
Gojoe: We are all inferior to you luna.

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:06 am UTC

Raeluna wrote:Try adult diapers and "Oh me yarm Oh did I just pass an egg?!" sized chunks and ouchness.

:shock: Ow ow ow ow ow ow oh holy hells. I hope you're, like, eating half of a cow every day to offset the loss (or its vegetarian equivalent). Dear lord, I would find that very hard to live with. It would feel like a betrayal by my own body. Oh geez.

So sorry to hear this. Here's hoping it gets better, and soon.
A man who is 'ill-adjusted' to the world is always on the verge of finding himself. One who is adjusted to the world never finds himself, but gets to be a cabinet minister.
- Hermann Hesse, novelist, poet, Nobel laureate (2 Jul 1877-1962)

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:32 am UTC

Raeluna, I hope that's not something that happens on a regular basis. *hug or flowers*

What does the woman thread think of tampax's "outsmart mother nature" ad series? Example here, and another example on their website. I mean, on the one hand I find them amusing in a schadenfreude way, and in a "god, periods are kind of annoying, I can totally agree with that" kind of way. On the other hand, while I haven't found anything glaringly anti-woman about them, internalized sexism etc, and also, they are all white people and the second one is heteronormative. On the other other hand, their website seems pretty okay, even the section on domestic violence (possible trigger warning) is pretty good, I think.

Luna: love the necklace and the tomato t-shirt. Squee!
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

jmrz

Postby jmrz » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:16 am UTC

eternal luna wrote:jmrz- I really like the idea of red for the shoes, thank you! Also, your tights are fantastic- would you mind telling me where you got them? I've been looking for a pair that aren't sparkly or horribly neon, yet colourful.

I got them at Myer last winter, they were about $10 or something. Places like Myer and DJ's tend to have them, slightly on the pricy side, but as I said, this is the second winter I've had them and they have one tiny ladder near the waistband that I fixed up with some nail polish. Love them.

Raeluna

Postby Raeluna » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:28 am UTC

@Del - It's endometriosis. It happens every time I cycle. D: Which is, fun fun, totally unpredictable.

@Poxic - Low-carb diet and iron supplements. <.< MEAAAAAATTTTTT.

@Luna: That necklace is adorable. o.o I want one! Except I'd probably end up buying two and modifying the charms onto ponytail holders or something. Or earrings.

Sorry for the momentary off-topicness with my post before, I'm just frustrated by my still-going period and needed to get that off my chest. x_x But, I brought brownies and sugar cookies as an offering!

As for those Tampax commercials...they actually make me laugh really hard because it kind of is like that. One minute you're fine and all ^_^ and then suddenly "SURPRISE! GIFT TIME!"

And I notice there's talk of clothes. <.< Do tell. I'm a total clotheshound.
thicknavyrain wrote:Marry me. Now.

"So, why are you a fruit bat?"
"I dunno, healthier I guess."
"Well yeah, but 'I vant to suck your melons' just doesn't have the same ring to it."

LL Cool J
___ and ___

Postby LL Cool J » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:39 am UTC

Oh Raeluna, that sounds pretty terrible! :shock:
Target sometimes has colourful stockings as well, pretty cheap. They used to, anyway. I have a purple pair the same shade as Jamie has.

Edit: The 'being girl' part of the site you linked to, Del, kind of annoyed me, but I see what they're aiming for. Things like "Learn and share about growing up and puberty while having fun playing girl games and listening to the latest teen music!" (emphasis mine) makes me wrinkle my nose, and would have done so when I was in the age bracket they're targeting. The fact that it's all about being hip and cool and fresh and young and pretty (and by the way buy our stuff, we know what we're talking about) irks me. It's good to be educational, but I'd rather the aim be to educate, not to sell.
Last edited by LL Cool J on Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:28 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Rippy wrote:Slogan: "Beauty. Grace. Fluticasone propionate. Inhale twice daily."

Save Point

Postby Save Point » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:51 am UTC

Delalyra wrote:Raeluna, I hope that's not something that happens on a regular basis. *hug or flowers*

What does the woman thread think of tampax's "outsmart mother nature" ad series? Example here, and another example on their website. I mean, on the one hand I find them amusing in a schadenfreude way, and in a "god, periods are kind of annoying, I can totally agree with that" kind of way. On the other hand, while I haven't found anything glaringly anti-woman about them, internalized sexism etc, and also, they are all white people and the second one is heteronormative. On the other other hand, their website seems pretty okay, even the section on domestic violence (possible trigger warning) is pretty good, I think.

Luna: love the necklace and the tomato t-shirt. Squee!

Although I tend to have pretty tame periods myself (no really bad cramps, etc), it would probably be more realistic if Mother Nature punched the girl in the ovaries as she handed her the gift. At least, given some of the pain descriptions my friends have given me.

I genuinely don't understand Tampax Sport, though. Perhaps I'm simply unfamiliar with tampon technology but I don't really feel like a separate "sporty" tampon performs the job better than any other non-sport tampon. Granted, it's mostly likely a justification for changing the box cover to appeal athletes, but still. Just me?

Virtual_Aardvark

Postby Virtual_Aardvark » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:17 am UTC

I wish my period came in a neat little box...
"imaginary gardens with real toads in them"
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:An actual cloud... full of lesbians.

crickets

Postby crickets » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:39 am UTC

I have what is quite possibly the weirdest tampon-related thought of all time:

Spoilered for various ranting about tampons and far, far too much personal information:
Spoiler:
Is it just me, or are the little "how to insert tampons" diagrams COMPLETELY INACCURATE?! I don't know about any of you ladies, but when i'm actually having Shark Week, my cervix is very, very low. To the point that i can feel it by inserting my finger up to the second knuckle. Which, according to the teeny diagrams, is totally not right. Every image i can find involves seeing the tampon right up against the cervix, which in my body, would result in it being not nearly far enough in to not fall out.

I have tampon related frustrations.

In other news:
I bought yet another absurdly fancy dress at the second hand store for fifteen dollars. It requires i buy some sort of undergarment in order for it to fit properly, and it needs a good cleaning, but yay! Long white dresses!
SecondTalon wrote:Virtue may be it's own reward, but so are Skittles.

Alder

Postby Alder » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:30 am UTC

Did anyone else snort at today's comic? It's the sentiment in the last panel that I find particularly familiar...

Also, I'll need to remember to fix that link on Wednesday.
Plasma Man wrote:I might have to get rid of some of my breadbins.

Kulantan wrote:I feel a great disturbance in the Fora, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and then kinda trailed off to a grumble.

Moo

Postby Moo » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:04 am UTC

eternal luna wrote:Moo, you're speaking to someone who doesn't wear jewellery, and has decided, for sanity's sake, to avoid choosing clothes on a daily basis based on how they look with each other. Any style would be step up from that, and I trust your opinion.
Thank you :)

OK, so here are my suggestions for what I'll call the "conservative elegance" look. Shoes, if you could find something in that shade that'd be ideal but I doubt you could, and they wouldn't be as reusable. I'd probably go for some nice black pumps or sandals like these:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I'd repeat the black with a nice clutch bag, and if you can find one that has similar aspects to the material that's great (eg. if the shoes are shiny like leather, have a shiny bag). Or, if you get just the right one, one that repeats the bow from the dress.
Spoiler:

For jewelry, I'd wear silver to stand out with the dark dress. Either a pretty, simple necklace and small earings but considering the detail on the front of the dress, I'd rather go for slightly more dangly earings and no necklace (which is also a look I like with short hair).
Spoiler:

Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

abitha

Postby abitha » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:09 am UTC

Raeluna wrote:....
Im pulling from WAY back on the first page topic... xD

Soooooo. Fuber heavy, 4-week long endo-fueled periods suck big time. And when I say fuber, I mean fnucking UBER. As in pads and tampons are laughable. Try adult diapers and "Oh me yarm Oh did I just pass an egg?!" sized chunks and ouchness. Tried a DivaCup... Pfffhahaha. <.< It was like a horror movie.

:x

Sounds horrendous! How long's it been going on for, and have you seen a doctor about it? There's a bunch of stuff you could try (mirena coil, pill, mefanamic acid etc), to attempt to make it lighter and less painful, but I don't want to give you a whole long list of suggestions when you've already tried everything (which if they're that bad, I guess you probably have!)

Hyphe

Postby Hyphe » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:12 am UTC

eeee I actaully own some of the pretty things that Moo posted. ^_^ I feel fashionable!

kellsbells
Queen of Cupcakes

Postby kellsbells » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:18 am UTC

:D I adore the outfit being constructed by luna and moo here, I must say. Full support!

And oh wow, jmrz, I want to break into your house and raid your closet, mostly for those tights (I am obsessed with purple). I have a fairly similar pair, only argyle. Perhaps I should get a picture sometime. I really need to make up more outfits that allow me to wear them because they're just fantastic, and fun tights are a sadly underused item.
A good pun is its own reword.
L wrote:A day without kells is a day not worth living.

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:42 am UTC

crickets wrote:I have what is quite possibly the weirdest tampon-related thought of all time:

Spoilered for various ranting about tampons and far, far too much personal information:
Spoiler:
Is it just me, or are the little "how to insert tampons" diagrams COMPLETELY INACCURATE?! I don't know about any of you ladies, but when i'm actually having Shark Week, my cervix is very, very low. To the point that i can feel it by inserting my finger up to the second knuckle. Which, according to the teeny diagrams, is totally not right. Every image i can find involves seeing the tampon right up against the cervix, which in my body, would result in it being not nearly far enough in to not fall out.

I have tampon related frustrations.

Y'know, it kinda seems like most depictions of internal anatomy are really imprecise, even the ones that are trying to be accurate for text books and stuff. I think a lot of it has to do with trying to use simple two dimensional drawings to illustrate complex three dimensional systems. I think it may also be misleading that they
Spoiler:
depict it all as one straight tube.
When, as I understand it, it's more that the cervix branches off from the top of the vagina, which can stretch further inwards, or something.
Of course, I am not a doctor. If I were I might know whether aspirin heavier period flow, which seems like it might because it's a blood thinner...

jmrz

Postby jmrz » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:49 am UTC

kellsbells wrote::D I adore the outfit being constructed by luna and moo here, I must say. Full support!

And oh wow, jmrz, I want to break into your house and raid your closet, mostly for those tights (I am obsessed with purple). I have a fairly similar pair, only argyle. Perhaps I should get a picture sometime. I really need to make up more outfits that allow me to wear them because they're just fantastic, and fun tights are a sadly underused item.

Kells, they are my only exciting pair of tights! I have a white pair that I'd like to team up with a red dress with white flowers on it, but I am really not sure what shoes to wear. Also, white tights? I AM ALREADY SO PALE. I am not so sure I could pull this look off. I'll have to try out what I have in mind and post some pictures for advice.

Also, I am going shopping this weekend in Sydney. The things I want are:
- more tights/stockings - both of the fun and sexy varities.
- red sparkly high heels
- hot pink high heels

Cytoplasm

Postby Cytoplasm » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:36 am UTC

jmrz -- absolutely adorable!! I am jealous of how you put things together! I have been wishing that style would come back.

Speaking of periods and such, I am still waiting on the other USB drive to get the video for THE ENTIRE OCEAN IS COMING OUT OF YOUR VAGINA pad comercial.

*sigh*
¡No tengo miedo a fantasmas!

Spoiler:
Cytoplasm: I have catoragized some of my family into lolcats.
Felstaff: For a drudging Thursday afternoon, that level of cuteness has really made my day. Can... Can I keep you?

Felstaff wrote:
Cytoplasm wrote:shannonigans

<3

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:15 pm UTC

Raeluna: :( sounds pretty rotten. *hugs*

__jess wrote:Edit: The 'being girl' part of the site you linked to, Del, kind of annoyed me, but I see what they're aiming for. Things like "Learn and share about growing up and puberty while having fun playing girl games and listening to the latest teen music!" (emphasis mine) makes me wrinkle my nose, and would have done so when I was in the age bracket they're targeting. The fact that it's all about being hip and cool and fresh and young and pretty (and by the way buy our stuff, we know what we're talking about) irks me. It's good to be educational, but I'd rather the aim be to educate, not to sell.
Ah, I actually hadn't looked at the beinggirl site, I just noticed it had one of those commercials on it. Having peeked at it now, I thoroughly agree with your appraisal. Still, I think the other site I linked to is still okay, though... the whole "monthly gift wink wink we mean Shark Week" thing is kind of annoying outside the commercials. I like proper vocabulary for things.
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

semicharmed

Postby semicharmed » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:49 pm UTC

Damn, Moo, next time I need shoes/jewelry/bag advice I am coming to this thread. Those earrings are all gorgeous. Especially the first pair.

Moo

Postby Moo » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:50 pm UTC

Picture nicked from the Accessorize page, so you should be able to find them somewhere? Maybe?

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:31 pm UTC

Add one more here for "moo and luna have awesome taste"!

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:11 pm UTC

#sharkweek on irc.foonetic.net
I've wanted to talk to my friends from the woman thread in IRC, mainly because... I like IRC.

So, I created the channel.

Join if you want. Or not. I don't really care. I know there is currently IRC drama, but... again, I don't care.

*hugs for my friends*
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

crowey
That's DOCTOR Crowey, to you

Postby crowey » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:30 pm UTC

IRC confuses me, but otherwise I'd totally be there....

In other news, look at this website, it is full of crazy about wimmin's things
I find it hilarious crossed with creepy.

semicharmed

Postby semicharmed » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:55 pm UTC

Oh god. This is awful:
'Dr.' Kadir Buxton wrote:... we thought it would be worthwhile to see if it was feasible to unblock fallopian tubes. When we entered the womb via the cervix, which had to be done very slowly we found that the womb needs lubricating to avoid immense pain. However, this problem was overcome by orgasm. Orgasm provided enough lubricant to make the womb pain free. We found that the womb was also sensual and could achieve orgasm.
I was then able to feel the fallopian tube all the way to the ovary and manipulate it as a practice for unblocking fallopian tubes.
When it came to withdrawing my hand we found that the cervix was stretched open...

And slightly further down that page, he mentions "blockages" being due to "...dead bacteria, or sometimes lemonade which is a result of a country wide practice of lesbians at Universities." I'm kind of disappointed he didn't elaborate as to, what, exactly, these practices were.

Also, I don't have an IRC client on my laptop but I'm almost always signed into both AIM & Jabber (via gChat). Whether I'm actually sitting at the computer or not.

Return to “General”