[SAFESPACE] Woman Thread - All Things Women. Period.

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Re: [SAFESPACE] Woman Thread-The thread that gives (every month)

Postby Moo » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:46 am UTC

I've always put mine on in front first then twist them round but that doesn't do anything to my wires - but it could be a combination of things.

I'm covered in spots and I wish I thought it was a rash but I suspect there's a bity bug somewhere in the house :x
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:52 am UTC

who knows...

Good news is I think I'm keeping these :)

And oh no moo! You can't be sick!!!! :( :( :( :(

(or wait, did you mean bug like...spider or something, not how we Americans use bug as slang for being sick?)
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

Moo

Postby Moo » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:56 am UTC

That's what I meant by bity, as in a flee or something that bit me. I wish it was a rash, I think they're a bit easier to get rid of!
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:14 pm UTC

Are the bumps in small little lines of three? clustered together?
check your bed for little moving things, if you think there's an issue there...

I'm used to bed bites and rashes. I get them a lot.

---

I'm gonna set up a paypal for donations. Because... I kind of feel bad for that...
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:16 pm UTC

Ohhh ok. Well at least you aren't sick.

(I took bity bug as meaning one that is pretty contagious...as that would be the "slang" term we use for that)

Why do you feel bad, Jessica? I don't get it. *huggles so you feel better*
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:18 pm UTC

Asking for money from strangers makes me feel bad.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:31 pm UTC

Oh. Well. there was a story on the local news about some gal who was gonna lose her house. So she put on I think it was Facebook or something how if everyone just sends her $1 she'd be able to pay off and keep it. She ended up with so much she even paid off her whole mortgage! (Yea some folks sent $5 or something, but all this was small bills)

So...yeah...DOOOO EEEEETTTTT

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:40 pm UTC

I shall! I have the button ready, I just need to post it somewhere (like, livejournal, or facebook).

I'd post it here, but the forums disable html.

Flagpole Sitta

Postby Flagpole Sitta » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:33 pm UTC

Hi, woman's thread! I thought I should come over here and participate. I hope I'm not intruding! :D

I have a huge amount of sympathy for the people complaining about bra shopping. It takes me forever to find a bra that fits when I'm shopping in brick and mortar stores. In fact I just order most of my day to day ones online, and return them and reorder until I get one that fits. Right now my everyday bras are 48-F, though I got a nice one for a wedding that was 50-DDD, so I'm not really sure what my "right" size is.

I do know that I'm tired of boring bras. :cry: I've only ever owned white, beige and black bras. Is it so wrong to want cute bras?

I saw this bra in the store the other day, and I about cried when it didn't come in my size. (The matching panties were cold solace.)

Also, this seems like a good place to ask. When should I start going to the gynecologist? And how often should I go? Details spoilered for a little tmi.

Spoiler:
I'm 19 now, I'm not sexually active with other people, but I do masturbate frequently, with toys, so in terms of health it seems to me that it would come out to be the same thing. Is this correct? Or is it more of an issue of fluid exchange? (I feel like I'm sexually active, even if it's only with myself.)

My mom made me go to a gynecologist when I was 17, and it was a bit of a nightmare, and I've refused to go since. I was extremely nervous at the time because I didn't want a stranger sticking cold, metal things in my vagina, (still don't, but my health is my health) plus I thought it would hurt, since I would be unaroused (Of course, now it's occurred to me that they probably use lube). But I showed up at the appointment because my mom told me to, and the doctor came in and talked to me. We chatted for a while, and she told me I didn't need an exam because I wasn't sexually active, and that I should wait until I was married before having sex. My parent's then got billed for 200 USD (~140 EUR) that the insurance wouldn't cover because no procedure was performed.

At the time I was too ignorant and nervous to tell her that she had no business telling me when to have sex, and to fight her about performing the examination. So before I go again I want to be sure I know my arse from my elbow so that things go better. Any advice or reliable sources would be much appreciated.
Poxic is, like, awesome. She's my favorite.

Kapojinha is pretty awesome too. <3

Osha

Postby Osha » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:15 pm UTC

Jessica wrote:I shall! I have the button ready, I just need to post it somewhere (like, livejournal, or facebook).

I'd post it here, but the forums disable html.

After you create a donation button it will show two results: website, and email.

First of all create an image tag pointing to https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_donateCC_LG.gif (or any of their other button images) like so:

Code: Select all

[img]https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_donateCC_LG.gif[/img]

Then wrap this image tag with the contents of the email tab as a link like so:

Code: Select all

[url=https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=QPN3SYSQL5KUU&lc=US&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted][img]https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_donateCC_LG.gif[/img][/url]

Tada:
(my account still has my old name ;_; )

Keep in mind that there's a fee for receiving donations.

Moo

Postby Moo » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:31 pm UTC

FlagPoleSitta; you're right about her not telling you when to have sex but not about the exam. There really is no reason when you're not sexually active. Unless you have symptoms and concerns the only thing to check for is HPV which you don't get from toys.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:36 pm UTC

Thanks Osha!
(I wonder if I'd be banned for putting that in my sig).

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:46 pm UTC

Actually, a thought. I think there is a company that does not charge for transactions but it like paypal, but soley for donations. (A friend of mine does jazz music for teaching purposes and set up a 501(c) for it and uses it....umm... www.jazzaudienceadvocates.org sadly he has not done much with the site :( )Of course...you might need to be a 501(c) but maybe you could set that up somehow? That would also make donations to be tax write-offs. So people might give you more. :)
Last edited by Sungura on Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:46 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:46 pm UTC

Maybe. I'm fine with a little fee.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:49 pm UTC

okay. Actually it looks like he is back to paypal anyway.

sophyturtle
I'll go put my shirt back on for this kind of shock. No I won't. I'll get my purse.

Postby sophyturtle » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:59 pm UTC

On OBGYN visits.

I get one every year, and have since I was 16? 15? It is the only doctor's visit I did when I did not have insurance. Sure, I was on the pill and it required yearly pap smears, but I still think they are super important.

My Point! They have made huge advances in the technology that goes inside of me! The speculum is now plastic. The wooden thing they used before to take samples from your cervix has been replaced by something like a soft plastic feather that I could not even feel. I spent the whole time chatting about my socks. AMAZING!

Your OBGYN might not have the same up to date stuff mine does. But I really hope this technology has made it everywhere cause Oh me yarm does it make it easier to take care of your reproductive health.
I want to get to a place where I am neither conforming nor rebelling but simply being.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:15 pm UTC

I have never been to one but then again I really have no reason to. *slinks away from this conversation*

animeHrmIne

Postby animeHrmIne » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:34 pm UTC

My mom got me one for the cramps thing (I thought she was just taking me to our regular doctor, but I guess not). I'm probably going to use the time to talk about things like Gardasil (If I should get it, risks vs benefits, etc). I'm not particularly worried, but my mom could barely say "gynecologist". We were on the phone, and both alone, and she still did one of those choke-whisper things.
I wanted to see the universe, so I stole a Time Lord and ran away. And you were the only one mad enough.
Biting's excellent! It's like kissing, only there's a winner.
-Sexy

Moo

Postby Moo » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:36 pm UTC

Jessica, may I suggest a little info on what the button is for in your sig?

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:40 pm UTC

I think this is better than the button, no? Maybe the button should remain, but this way looks a little nicer.

Moo

Postby Moo » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:43 pm UTC

Just my two South African cents but a link can look dodgy, you never know quite what you're going to be redirecting to. Anyone who knows you knows you're not going to rickroll them or whatever but still I feel less inclined to click random links in people's sigs, even when I know them. This might just be me though. The button looks kind of official.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:47 pm UTC

I have taken your two cents for charity. :)

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:03 am UTC

sophyturtle wrote:My Point! They have made huge advances in the technology that goes inside of me! The speculum is now plastic. The wooden thing they used before to take samples from your cervix has been replaced by something like a soft plastic feather that I could not even feel. I spent the whole time chatting about my socks. AMAZING!
Same here. Except for the socks. And also it wasn't technically an OBGYN, it was my bloody obsessive vampiric voyeuristic general practicioner. ;D My only problem with the procedure was that they didn't think to WARN me first. "Oh yeah, we'll be wanting to do a pap smear when you come in". Is it so unreasonable to expect that?! (/old grudge)

Re: bra-shopping-- I'm 38/36 DD too! And it is such a pain in the ass to shop for bras... in the past I've always got them from catalogs. But... a couple weeks back... my grandparents dragged us to check out a sale at-- Belk, I think? Some department store. And while I was there I happened to pass by the clearance rack. And there was a bra there marked 38DD. O_o, said I. This is a highly unusual occurence. I must see if this fits me or else I will never forgive myself. So I did. And it fit pretty damn well. And there were two of them, the exact same size and style, on the rack. And with the markdowns and the clearance? The total bill for both came to ~$13. I mean, holy crap. I'm not much of a shopper, but that's the kind of story you've got to share. :)

Isotope_238

Postby Isotope_238 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:48 am UTC

I most emphatically will never get on a gynecologist's table ever again unless there's a very damn good reason for me to do so. I still get a sick, shuddery feeling in my stomach when I think about that one time. Provided I remain sexually inactive, is such a reason likely to come up?

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:42 am UTC

cancer, genetic disorders, infections not resulting from sexual encounters, reproductive issues, the possibility you're actually a male but have such weird plumbing that no one could really tell... I need to stop watching House.

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

mochafairy

Postby mochafairy » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:42 am UTC

CNN has an article about Gardasil, in case anyone is interested.
"YES. DO IT WITH CONFIDENCE" ~fortune cookie

Rinsaikeru
Pawn, soon to be a Queen

Postby Rinsaikeru » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:01 am UTC

I don't think my size bra exists in all of japan, but I've admittedly not looked much. I did find a fantastic taco stand in harajuku though.

Hopefully I'll be able to post more regularly once I get back home. Speaking of regularly, shark week delayed itself last month so that this trip ends up shark free! Ahh I love my uterus sometimes, it's so thoughtful.
Rice Puddin.

Osha

Postby Osha » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:36 am UTC

parkaboy wrote:cancer, genetic disorders, infections not resulting from sexual encounters, reproductive issues, the possibility you're actually a male but have such weird plumbing that no one could really tell... I need to stop watching House.
Hmm... I wouldn't really say weird plumbing. If it's the episode I think it is (Skin Deep, s2e13) then the condition she had was most likely CAIS. No uterus, internal testes, and a (sometimes shallow) vagina. Certainly rare, but weird has all those bad connotations >.<

Also, I don't care how good a doctor House is, he should probably be fired for blatant disregard of ethical guidelines :<

so uh, carry on!

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:50 am UTC

Rinsaikeru wrote: Speaking of regularly, shark week delayed itself last month so that this trip ends up shark free! Ahh I love my uterus sometimes, it's so thoughtful.

Oh mine did that the other week too :D Parents had planned a weeks holiday on a greek island directly coinciding with Shark week and I was really sad and annoyed at the hassle I'd have to go through, but then it just decided not to come this month and all was good :)
If all the village idiots, from all the villages, came together to form their own village, of idiots - in that village, you would be the village idiot

tin
Foxy McAwesomesworth

Postby tin » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:28 am UTC

I'm jumping in with a 'hey my uterus isn't all that bad' comment too!

In the space of about a week, the heaviest part of Shark Week came exactly after some sexy times and just before a holiday to Spain (with planned bikini wearing). Impeccable timing, uterus. An A+ and a gold star for you.
i dare you to take me on...

u38cg

Postby u38cg » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:47 pm UTC

Hah. Mrs u38cg and I were married in June, and about a month and a half before I was marking off dates in the diary and realised that Angry Week was due to last until the day before, and then the messy stuff on the big day. In the end, Angry Week went and hid and the blood didn't show up till a week later.
When will we win the war on memes?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:47 pm UTC

My uterus hates me. Hate hate hate.
I'm going to get lunch now so maybe that will make me feel better.
Also, SHOES!
I bought a pair of flats for PictureSarah's wedding! Here they are, along with the swatch of fabric that is all I have to go on when it comes to what my dress will be like.
I think that this pic makes them seem a bit darker than they are, but they're super cute either way. I hope they look good with the dress!
Attachments
omg shoes.jpg
Let's get some shoes!
omg shoes.jpg (166.77 KiB) Viewed 3430 times
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

Moo

Postby Moo » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:50 pm UTC

PRETTY!

PictureSarah
Secretary of Penile Nomenclature

Postby PictureSarah » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:08 pm UTC

Those are very cute! And the color looks nice with the dress fabric. You're going to look awesome.
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

sophyturtle
I'll go put my shirt back on for this kind of shock. No I won't. I'll get my purse.

Postby sophyturtle » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:10 pm UTC

I just remembered I get to see this! I am excited!
I want to get to a place where I am neither conforming nor rebelling but simply being.

kapojinha

Postby kapojinha » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:21 pm UTC

Those shoes are so cute!
"My desire for knowledge is intermittent, but my desire to bathe my head in atmospheres unknown to my feet is perennial and constant."

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:23 pm UTC

Cute! I love the shoes Meaux!

mochafairy

Postby mochafairy » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:24 pm UTC

Those shoes are awesome! :D
"YES. DO IT WITH CONFIDENCE" ~fortune cookie

tin
Foxy McAwesomesworth

Postby tin » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:36 pm UTC

Man. Those are some seriously cute shoes, meaux. Look at that little bow!
i dare you to take me on...

Osha

Postby Osha » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:54 pm UTC

*Osha jumps on the shoe train*
Oh me yarm Shoes! Shiny and blue. I want to go buy some shoes now.

Return to “General”