[SAFESPACE] Woman Thread - All Things Women. Period.

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Re: [SAFESPACE] Woman Thread-The thread that gives (every month)

Postby Jessica » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:25 pm UTC

I love etsy SO MUCH!
That jewelry is really cute! :)

I have a similar issues, Velvet. Specifically no one believes my weight. People look at me and are like "you're not overweight, Jess..." and I say "Uh, yeah, I am." And they don't believe me when I tell them I weigh 210lbs. Which, according to BMI (the worst measurement in the universe) makes me obese for my 5'7 height.

I love plain Tshirts. I usually get mine from Old Navy (seeing as how there's no Kohl's here in Canada). The only thing I hate is that there's like only one store I know of that sells plain coloured polo shirts. And they only sell them in the Spring (and sale them in the summer). which sucks, because that's what I wear to work, and mine are starting to get old and I need new ones.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

semicharmed

Postby semicharmed » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:44 pm UTC

I loove the jewelry, Moo. And speaking of jewelry, I finally, finally found some new silver stuff. We hit Portland (Maine) one day of vacation, and I picked up an assortment of sterling studs and rings. For $4 a pair. I have lizards, and star, and swirlies. And these awesome silver hoops that are basically unopenable, making them perfect for putting in and leaving.

As for weight, I understand — I'm about 5'3", and people always, always insist I can't weight more than 135. Which, depending on how active I've been and stuff, is off between 20-25 pounds. I attribute it to my tights of steel from biking constantly while I was in college. And most people having no realistic idea about weight & body shape.

Phrozt

Postby Phrozt » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:53 pm UTC

I feel for you hyphe. If it makes you feel any better though, my mom had breast cancer and she pretty much came out of it twice the woman she was before. It can either ruin your life or give you a whole new one. Hopefully you will be just fine and won't have to worry about any of this, but if you're in a bit of trouble, I'll pray that you are one of those that is transformed by the whole ordeal!

Isotope_238

Postby Isotope_238 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:33 pm UTC

I need less of a life so I can spend more time here. Anyway, *hugs for everyone in the woman thread, because you are all made of pure wonderful*

velvet_octopus wrote:*Honestly, I am at a healthy weight, I believe, although people can never believe I weigh as much as I do (and they are not just being polite, I am dense). I think I carry all the weight in my thighs and butt. (For those curious, I am 5'6'' and 142 lbs, but people will never believe I am more than about 130 unless I drag out a scale and show them. I consider myself very fortunate.) Still, my waist is small, so pants-shopping can be a righteous pain. It has gotten better, though, since I got over the irrational understandable dislike I had for belts in high school. Since college food has increased my weight size a bit, I no longer have the problem where belts cause the denim in my jeans to actually fold/wrinkle, which is really uncomfortable! So, yay weight gain? I can chart my fluctuations by one pair of capris, actually, by noting whether or not I need a belt to keep my underwear from showing.

Yay weight gain. Definitely. *throws small party* I absolutely, positively, entirely love every single pound I've gained, because for the first time in my life, I have actual curves below my waist. And the mirror tells me I look fantastic, too. About jeans: I've found that Gap Essential Fit style jeans work on me. I used to have that same problem with belts. Now I don't even wear them unless I want to, because my hips/butt are enough to keep the pants from sliding down. I'm happy. Deliriously happy.

Wednesday

Postby Wednesday » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:58 pm UTC

Oh man, jeans not fitting correctly. Oh man, people guessing weight wrong.

The jeans I end up getting are always from Lucky. I ride horses, so have some pretty shapely thighs and calves, and find that their jeans are cut to fit my body type much better than any others I've found. The only downside is that they're really expensive (somewhere around $60 US.) They also have my size waist, which is pretty tiny for my size and shape.

I weigh somewhere around 150, and I'm 5'2. People generally won't believe I weigh any more than 120 unless I get on a scale. It's made for some entertaining jokes when boyfriends try to be all macho and lift me, then struggle terribly.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, and Lucky jeans are the most amazing comfortable material ever. They feel like a favorite pair of jeans you've had for years, from the day you buy them
Last edited by Wednesday on Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:27 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

u38cg

Postby u38cg » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:26 pm UTC

Haha, my sister is like that - she looks willowy and feminine, but she's also a solid slab of muscle (24/7 horsey girl). Picking her up is not as easy as it looks.

Jeans these days are rubbish, I used to take a couple of years to wear out a pair of Wranglers riding in them all the time. Now I can't find a pair that last six months of websurfing, for goodness sake.
When will we win the war on memes?

kellsbells
Queen of Cupcakes

Postby kellsbells » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:20 pm UTC

Wednesday wrote:Oh, yeah, and Lucky jeans are the most amazing comfortable material ever. They feel like a favorite pair of jeans you've had for years, from the day you buy them
This is a truth, and one of the reasons I'm occasionally willing to shell out the money for a pair of them.

I recently bought myself a pair of skinny jeans, and sort of felt like I was selling out somehow. But dammit, I think they look pretty nice, and they were impressively on sale. So... oh well?
A good pun is its own reword.
L wrote:A day without kells is a day not worth living.

apricity
almost grown-up but not quite

Postby apricity » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:25 pm UTC

I love skinny jeans! My legs are skinnier than the rest of me, so they're perfect for me. The only problem is when someone else is taking them off of you... that can cause a bit of a delay.
LE4d wrote:have you considered becoming an electron

it takes just a little practice to learn to be
(she/her/hers)

kellsbells
Queen of Cupcakes

Postby kellsbells » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:26 pm UTC

Oh, I forgot to mention: I have actually seen that jewelry from Etsy before, and I wantwantwant it! So pretty...
A good pun is its own reword.
L wrote:A day without kells is a day not worth living.

animeHrmIne

Postby animeHrmIne » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:31 am UTC

I have a love/hate relationship with skinny jeans. They look good on me, and go well with my figure, but they're extremely uncomfortable. I've only got two pairs. And I hate jeans that break down easily. Especially when I get a hole in a pair, and then forget and keep wearing them, and then two weeks later I'll be wearing them to school and not realize that there's a huge hole in my crotch/butt until the end of the day. So embarrassing.
I wanted to see the universe, so I stole a Time Lord and ran away. And you were the only one mad enough.
Biting's excellent! It's like kissing, only there's a winner.
-Sexy

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:08 am UTC

(I have my pap smear on friday)

(I am so not looking forward to it.)
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

sophyturtle
I'll go put my shirt back on for this kind of shock. No I won't. I'll get my purse.

Postby sophyturtle » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:23 am UTC

You are in my state (mine you hear) so maybe your doctor will have the same technology as mine? If so, it is so much better. The most invasive feeling part is when they check your ovaries.
I want to get to a place where I am neither conforming nor rebelling but simply being.

studyinserendipity
~Hanners~

Postby studyinserendipity » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:42 am UTC

I no longer like shopping for shoes. I really want to wear heels, but my newly-mended foot will not stand for it (literally). I also can't have sandals (not enough arch/ankle support). And I want to wear dresses again, but I don't want to wear clunky sneakers with them and it makes me sad. :(

But in nicer news, my hair is getting really long and I like it! I wish I could wear it in pigtails every day.
People wanted for hazardous journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honor and recognition in case of success.

she/her/hers

velvet_octopus

Postby velvet_octopus » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:38 am UTC

animeHrmIne wrote:Especially when I get a hole in a pair, and then forget and keep wearing them, and then two weeks later I'll be wearing them to school and not realize that there's a huge hole in my crotch/butt until the end of the day. So embarrassing.

This, exactly, is why I went to Kohls in the first place. I know own exactly two pairs of well-fitting, new (and rather new) jeans. I also own four three pairs that have a hole in the inner thigh between one and four inches from my crotch. These holes spread from the inner seam around the back, I have found, and are most likely a result of me sitting pretzel-style all the time with my huge thighs. Especially with the cheaper, non-stretchy brands. Yesterday I took the worst pair of the previously four (now three), which had a hole across the entire back left leg, and made some stupid-looking cutoffs with a kitchen knife. Maybe I can even them up with a scissors? I just don't think shorts should be that thigh-hugging :roll: . I suppose they look alright with longer shirts, though. The reason the hole got so big was I told myself that it was okay to keep wearing them in the winter as long as I had my long underwear ( :D ) on, so that no skin was showing. However, I have back-pocket ripping problems as well. :|

Hmm, now I'm wondering if I could do something cool with another pair that has tears. Specifically, cut them into 3-4 segments and sew them back together with bright chunky yarn, and wear black leggings underneath - thoughts on this, please? I'll post a picture if I ever get around to trying it.

studyinserendipity wrote:I no longer like shopping for shoes. I really want to wear heels, but my newly-mended foot will not stand for it (literally). I also can't have sandals (not enough arch/ankle support). And I want to wear dresses again, but I don't want to wear clunky sneakers with them and it makes me sad. :(

But in nicer news, my hair is getting really long and I like it! I wish I could wear it in pigtails every day.

I don't really know about your sense of style, but I've tried to combine some of those aspects into a look before - pigtails, a long skirt, sneakers, and maybe a t-shirt over long sleeves? It takes the attitude "I feel spunky today!" in order to not feel weird if you don't normally do that sort of thing, though. (Actually, I did it a lot my senior year of high school because it was so damn cold in my high school, and my huge denim skirt could cover two pairs of pajama pants for warmth, and the shoes only showed when I sat down. And they were chuck taylors, so it worked. Plus that skirt has so much fabric, I can grab one side of it and lift it over my head in a spread, like those fancy Spanish-style dresses.)
<≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥>

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:10 am UTC

I recently bought these to wear with skirts, and I love them. I need them for things like church when we spend all morning setting up the sound equipment and most of the service standing in front (band) so high heels are a no-no, and I need arch support too. They're super versatile and I think they're cute.

Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:26 am UTC

animeHrmIne wrote:I have a love/hate relationship with skinny jeans. They look good on me, and go well with my figure, but they're extremely uncomfortable. I've only got two pairs. And I hate jeans that break down easily. Especially when I get a hole in a pair, and then forget and keep wearing them, and then two weeks later I'll be wearing them to school and not realize that there's a huge hole in my crotch/butt until the end of the day. So embarrassing.

also love/hate here. only, I am not skinny so on me, they are "oh look how curvy she is when she isn't hiding in clothes!" jeans... this a relatively new concept to me, but I think I enjoy it. My problem is that my hips are WAY wide and i have tiiiiiiny ankles so the jeans that are called "skinny" actually look like stove-pipe pants on me. Its kind of annoying but kind of ok, because I enjoy that style as well. I bought a pair in faded out grey wash, but a size too large and they are now my "horribly awesome 90's pants".

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:15 pm UTC

I'm really digging having different types of shoes, from classic pretty shoes to sneakers to combat boots. It makes me feel happy knowing that, if I want to, I can throw on a pretty dress and combat boots and stomp my way around town.

I buy the same jeans every time. They're nice because they're like the only ones which feel right on me. Go old navy (size 16 short sweetheart cut, usually dark blue).
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Isotope_238

Postby Isotope_238 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:33 pm UTC

Sometimes I wish dress shoes didn't kill my feet. The most perfect pair of shoes (okay, boots) that I've ever found are these. I do have to keep a pair of tennis shoes in my band locker during marching band season, though.

Wednesday

Postby Wednesday » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:50 pm UTC

Oooh! Combat boots! I have those! Now, see, I think they're broken in. And I'll wear them for a week, and be fine, but only wearing them (walking from class to class) maybe 40 minutes a day. I actually have my feet in them for maybe 8 hours total. Then the little buggers will go and rip up my feet if I move in them for longer than an hour. Do they need to be softened? I think they fit pretty well, and are made of really good quality leather.

Here's a close approximation of what they look like.
Spoiler:

Any ideas? I have things like saddlesoap and neatsfoot oil from getting my riding boots broken in. Wasn't sure if I wanted to do that with this sort of leather, as it's much tougher and I have *no clue* what is going to go on with chemicals and stuff.

crowey
That's DOCTOR Crowey, to you

Postby crowey » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:18 pm UTC

No idea about breaking them in, but thicker socks (or two pairs) might help reduce the rubbing?

sophyturtle
I'll go put my shirt back on for this kind of shock. No I won't. I'll get my purse.

Postby sophyturtle » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:20 pm UTC

When I had my boots I found that as long as I laced them properly (mostly the right amount of tight) that I would have no issues because my feet could not move independent of them. I also wore them 24/7. I would still wear them if the steal toe was not bending in just so and making my foot bleed.

I should fix that. I miss those boots.
I want to get to a place where I am neither conforming nor rebelling but simply being.

Wednesday

Postby Wednesday » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:23 pm UTC

Yeah, I know I'm wearing the right socks and lacing them correctly, my moms active duty army and showed me how to make them look badass and still fit well. They...just hurt still. Blisters around the ankle and all that.

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:28 pm UTC

I wish I could help Wednesday :( I lost my favourite pair of boots because they somehow un-broke themselves in, and every time I put them on I rip up my feet like mad, regardless of how thick my socks are. Might be nuts, but you might want to check you're still in the same size shoe? I know with mine the only difference was that I'd gone down to a size 3 [presumably by magic]

sophyturtle

Postby sophyturtle » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:29 pm UTC

I wish I knew more for blisters. I just bandage them up and try to ignore them. I also am half bleeding from 3 points on my extremities cause I am clumsy without anyone noticing and I often slice small chunks of flesh off.
/not helping

Wednesday

Postby Wednesday » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:29 pm UTC

Yeah, no these were fairly recently acquired, like 4 or 5 months ago, and I haven't changed shoe sizes for three years.

u38cg

Postby u38cg » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:16 pm UTC

It sounds like they don't fit. Nothing against your Mum, but army people usually have pretty tough feet, and it's pretty difficult to tell from the outside if combat boots fit. They shouldn't take much time, if any, to break in: they should fit from the start! Do you know the provenance of these boots? A lot of them are made in China and look great but aren't actually constructed with any knowledge of what a foot looks like!

Try with a thin pair of cotton socks under a thick wooly pair and see if you get anywhere - if not, I think you're out of luck, to be honest.
When will we win the war on memes?

Wednesday

Postby Wednesday » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:53 pm UTC

But they *do* fit. Which is what I'm saying. It's the leather or something that's giving me trouble. Can I use something to break them in faster? I just think the problem is something with the backs not being soft enough or something.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:40 pm UTC

I picked up used combat boots from the army surplus store for $25.
They're awesome.

Van

Postby Van » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:43 pm UTC

Jeans are awesome. Ever since I got my first pair (that's um, two months ago. I'm 24 :D), I've just about lived in them 24/7. Come to think of it, I'm not actually sure what I wore before jeans, did I even have pants? I don't know.

Anyway, I was out thrifting this morn' (for jeans!) and happened upon something super awesome: an issue of Popular Science from October 1946! The contents are pretty awesome and absolutely worth the 53 cents I paid for them, but the very first page made me start laughing in the middle of the store, and I knew I had to share this:
ailments.jpg
It's an 8 book set for only $21!
ailments.jpg (66.13 KiB) Viewed 3357 times
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

Spacemilk

Postby Spacemilk » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:44 pm UTC

Wednesday wrote:But they *do* fit. Which is what I'm saying. It's the leather or something that's giving me trouble. Can I use something to break them in faster? I just think the problem is something with the backs not being soft enough or something.

You could try to break them in the way baseball gloves are broken in... Put a ton of oil (made for leather) on it, then put them somewhere where they'll be sat on or in some way have pressure put on them so they begin to flex better. (baseball gloves are occasionally put under mattresses) Make sure to wrap it in something so the oil doesn't get everywhere.

Disclaimer: No idea if this will actually work or not. :?
milk from space is good for you!

crickets

Postby crickets » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:39 pm UTC

Wednesday wrote:But they *do* fit. Which is what I'm saying. It's the leather or something that's giving me trouble. Can I use something to break them in faster? I just think the problem is something with the backs not being soft enough or something.

All i know is that i had a pair of hard leather shoes that were eating up the back of my heels every time i wore them, so the guy i was living with went at them with a hammer to soften the leather. It worked, but i'm not really sure /why/.
SecondTalon wrote:Virtue may be it's own reward, but so are Skittles.

Wednesday

Postby Wednesday » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:06 pm UTC

Oooh, hammer. And ooh, so it sounds like neatsfoot oil might work. Awesome. Thanks guys :)

sophyturtle

Postby sophyturtle » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:34 pm UTC

Quick question on hair removal. I just started doing the sugaring rip many hairs out at once thing. Now, it seems to me that the hair is growing back faster than when I first did this. This confuses me, since I have been told that waxing and such make the hair finer and grow slower. If it starts growing back faster I am going to give up on hair removal entirely and use it as a way to screen guys.

Also, a friend of mine from college wrote this, and I thought I should share. She also did this. She can be pretty awesome.

parkaboy

Postby parkaboy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:52 pm UTC

I don't really know anything about sugaring, but basically hair kind of works like this: things like legs and eyebrows will only get so long before they complete their phases and and fall out. All hair, actually, those are just shorter. Usually, there is such a concentration of hair (in places that you don't remove it usually) that you don't even noticed the hair doing this ALLLLL THE TIME. When you start ripping out chunks, its very easy to see the rate at which it grows, since each follicle grows slightly off from others. It only seems like its growing back faster. Once you start ripping hair out of a place, you have to keep it up until you can't stand it or you damage the roots enough that they stop trying to grow new hair (this takes a long time).

also: i freaking LOVE waxing other people. I'm only certified to do facial regions, but legs and arms and other large-ish smooth surfaces (guys; backs, chests...) are pretttttty easy. Same rules apply. I'll be able to do eeeeveeeryyyythiiiiiinnnng after esthetics training, and I will, happily. Something about people paying me to inflict IMMENSE and repeated pain on them just makes me giggle.

*edit* I got new clothes today. Thrift store clothes. It was my luckiest shopping day ever. I set out with 2 goals; get something ridiculously colorful, and get something so 90s it hurts. Also, they both had to be dresses or involving skirts. MISSIONS MOTHERFUCKING ACCOMPLISHED! In 45 minutes, with $35, including shoes.

COLORS! This skirt makes me want to put on The Gypsy Kings and dance like no one can see me. But only when no one really can.
Spoiler:
newclothesgreen.jpg
obnoxiously colorful. This skirt was a god-send. It is really beautiful and fun and in perfect condition.
newclothesgreen.jpg (234.96 KiB) Viewed 3247 times

newclothesbluegreen.jpg
details on the back, even.
newclothesbluegreen.jpg (207.07 KiB) Viewed 3247 times

thecatandi.jpg
OBLIGATORY KITTAY!
thecatandi.jpg (159.23 KiB) Viewed 3248 times

Are you ready for this one? HOLD ONTO YOUR DECADE, KIDS! Killing you with bland 90's!
Spoiler:
newclothesfloral2.jpg
90's? Check. Dress? Check. Flattering? Mostly check - little flowers aren't flattering on anyone, but the cut is PERFECT. Makes me look like a 4th grade teacher? Check.
newclothesfloral2.jpg (136.25 KiB) Viewed 3247 times

Those are the shoes. They happen to go with BOTH outfits. Goddamn am I awesome or what?! Except at cleaning mirrors, apparently.

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:38 am UTC

sophyturtle wrote:Also, a friend of mine from college wrote this, and I thought I should share. She also did this. She can be pretty awesome.
Pretty awesome barely covers it. Those were hilarious. Luckily I think I haven't managed to do anything on the 10 things list, except maybe when I was much younger. And the video summed up my thoughts on the subject pretty much perfectly.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

Wednesday

Postby Wednesday » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:00 am UTC

THAT DRESS. Looks...really pretty excellent on you. Even for being probably older than me.

parkaboy

Postby parkaboy » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:07 am UTC

It really looks like every dress my 4th grade teacher ever wore. On the plus side, she was bad ass. She went diving with manatees and dolphins and brought us pictures regularly. Its that awesome thin cotton, too... the kind that makes a still day windy just to complicate my life.

scrt_rbt_agnt
douche bag

Postby scrt_rbt_agnt » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:09 am UTC

dear parka, you are a fashionable lady who looks good in stuff and has taste.

your dresses/skirts are cute. i likes them.
i am a poet and an artist

i don't wanna worry about dyin'
i just wanna worry about sunshine girls

studyinserendipity
~Hanners~

Postby studyinserendipity » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:25 am UTC

Thanks for the tips on supportive shoes and style! I found a pair of mary-jane flats that are black sneakers and don't pinch the scarred areas too much. Moo, those shoes look *awesome*! When I feel more comfortable wearing heels I want a pair like that. In the meantime, I visited a DSW Shoes store and discovered that wedge heels feel pretty good. I think that's my best bet for still wearing heels, at least until next year.
People wanted for hazardous journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honor and recognition in case of success.

she/her/hers

parkaboy

Postby parkaboy » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:04 am UTC

thread-jacking for more clothes. I forgot that I had gotten a couple other skirts yesterday too (also thrift store, yay inexpensive awesome!)
Spoiler:
newclotheswooshy.jpg
and just doing it normal, non-twirly hanging thing.
newclotheswooshy.jpg (165.77 KiB) Viewed 3188 times

newclothesgetreadytospin.jpg
getting ready to spin, finally figured out how to use the timer on my camera!
newclothesgetreadytospin.jpg (202.25 KiB) Viewed 3188 times

newclothestwirling.jpg
annnnd..... GO! *dizzy* This skirt has remarkable WOOSH properties. A+. Would buy more, in lots of other colors.
newclothestwirling.jpg (157.01 KiB) Viewed 3187 times

Spoiler:
newclothesinprogress3.jpg
its long, black and has little sparkly things at the bottom. IT NEEDS MODIFICATION!
newclothesinprogress3.jpg (121.35 KiB) Viewed 3188 times

newclothesinprogress2.jpg
ROUGHLY HOW I PLAN TO MODIFY IT!
newclothesinprogress2.jpg (121.04 KiB) Viewed 3187 times

awesomelacethingummy.jpg
the lace underskirt was a different thrift store but i LOVE it. It was WAY too big, so i added new elastic.
awesomelacethingummy.jpg (187.29 KiB) Viewed 3188 times

I forgot how much I love long skirts, for all seasons. Summer, I can bunch them up and pin them or just tuck them into the waist, spring and fall are fine, in winter I can put on some thermals and boots and have the skirts over them. YAY!

Return to “General”