[SAFESPACE] Woman Thread - All Things Women. Period.

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Re: [SAFESPACE] Woman Thread - All Things Women. Period.

Postby poxic » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:24 am UTC

So there has been more than enough interest expressed. Behold, the return of Woman Thread Secret Santa, new and improved* for 2010!

* actually just the same old thing, but hey, presents!

presents.gif
presents.gif (7.51 KiB) Viewed 3771 times

Women and allies, there is gifting afoot. If you want to get all gifty with the lovely people of this thread, kindly follow the following instructions that are to be followed, followingly:

1. Please be a contributing member of this thread. If you have posted *in this thread* at least, let's say, three times before this post right here, you're good to go.

2. The dollar limit for this exchange will be $20 USD, so roughly $20 CAD or AUD, or (today) 15 Euro. If you find something awesomesauce that's half that, or really really want to go over the limit for something special, you go right ahead.

3. Please PM me with the answers to the following generic questions:

User Name:
Are you okay with getting packages explicitly stating "from the internet!"/crazily decorated:
Hobbies:
Favourite colour(s):
Favorite xkcd comic(s):
Any food/jewelry/otter/duck allergies:
Wrist/shirt/hat size:
Gender, if you want to answer:
Favourite types of music or art:
Level of comfort with weirdness (e.g., plushie uterus? Poster of the life cycle of the naked mole rat?):
Anything else your santa should know, including specific things you'd love:

4. Please add to that PM your snail mail details -- the name that should be written on the package, the address you are at during most of December, and whether you have any difficulties with mailing things. This includes, but is not limited to: limited funds, needing parental approval and/or funding, and/or the vagaries of your local postal system.

5. Please PM me with all of the above by Saturday, November 20, roughly midnight your local time (so I'll be circling the wagons sometime Sunday evening, Pacific time).

Aaaaaaaaand............... GO!

li53wkrb.gif
li53wkrb.gif (46.57 KiB) Viewed 3769 times
TEAM SHIVAHN
Pretty much the best team ever

From growing up in a world of polarised, self-serving world leaders ready to risk international conflict, through the dawning of hope at the end of the cold war and now, erm... Anyway, smart phones are pretty cool!
- Jumble

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:34 am UTC

look, you got a page topper and everything! signing up momentarily.
ImageImageImageImageImage

LL Cool J
___ and ___

Postby LL Cool J » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:56 am UTC

Exciting! I'm in. :D
Rippy wrote:Slogan: "Beauty. Grace. Fluticasone propionate. Inhale twice daily."

Cassi

Postby Cassi » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:26 pm UTC

I bought some new thick black tights yesterday, and was going to wear them today. As I was taking them out of the pack, I noticed that the size chart only went up to 5' 10", which I thought was a bit shit, but they looked really long so didn't think anything of it. Except the bit where they don't fit. I am not very impressed at all, and may be going back to the Gap to get some more extortionately expensive tights, as at least I know they fit (I am wearing the purple ones I got from there now). It's quite annoying to have wasted the money as well as still not having warm black tights...
une see wrote:Cass, YOU are my favorite!

kellsbells
Queen of Cupcakes

Postby kellsbells » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:08 pm UTC

Cassi: :( I absolutely hate size charts on most things, they are usually both inaccurate and just generally annoying.

Woman thread, what is your opinion on short skirts? I'm not talking the little denim ones that show the bottom of your butt, but fairly short skirts quite a ways above the knee that show a good deal of leg (or tights in my case, it's goddamn cold outside). Tights and knit skirts are my usual winter outfit, but I recently drew a comment that I seemed to dress "way sluttier" in the winter. Apparently this means that short skirts are inherently sluttier than jeans? I don't know. I like my legs, and I'd rather bundle up my torso in the winter and let them show a little more. Is there a way to do this that, uh, isn't slutty, I guess? Or are people just jerks?
A good pun is its own reword.
L wrote:A day without kells is a day not worth living.

sophyturtle
I'll go put my shirt back on for this kind of shock. No I won't. I'll get my purse.

Postby sophyturtle » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:45 pm UTC

I am tempted to go with "people are just jerks". I would get into it more but I don't want to get myself into a funk since I have a meeting in 15 minutes.
I want to get to a place where I am neither conforming nor rebelling but simply being.

Sandry
My cheese is pants?

Postby Sandry » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:53 pm UTC

I would also go with "people are jerks." Shortish skirts plus fun tights/stockings are fun, damnit.
He does not spout ever more, new stupidities. He "diversifies his wrongness portfolio."
(My pronouns are She/Her/Hers)

TaintedDeity

Postby TaintedDeity » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:02 pm UTC

Yeah, people are jerks. It's a skirt. It and the leggings cover your butt, and so what if it didn't? You're warm and comfy. Go go go!
Ⓞⓞ◯

doogly
Dr. The Juggernaut of Touching Himself

Postby doogly » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:23 pm UTC

Haters gonna hate. Fuck em.
LE4dGOLEM: What's a Doug?
Noc: A larval Doogly. They grow the tail and stinger upon reaching adulthood.

Keep waggling your butt brows Brothers.
Or; Is that your eye butthairs?

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:09 pm UTC

Yeah, who cares. Go with what's comfortable and looks good.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

crowey
That's DOCTOR Crowey, to you

Postby crowey » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:21 pm UTC

I concur with the above, wear short skirts and anyone who calls you slutty because of it can fuck right off.

Cassi wrote:I bought some new thick black tights yesterday, and was going to wear them today. As I was taking them out of the pack, I noticed that the size chart only went up to 5' 10", which I thought was a bit shit, but they looked really long so didn't think anything of it. Except the bit where they don't fit.

I fucking hate this. I find the ones from M&S are quite good, length wise. I've taken to wearing leggings instead, no more mid-thigh gussets for me :lol: On a related note, why is the body part of tights often so long? I have tights that I can pull the waistband up to my armpits without any discomfort, WTF?

Sandry
My cheese is pants?

Postby Sandry » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:33 pm UTC

crowey wrote:On a related note, why is the body part of tights often so long? I have tights that I can pull the waistband up to my armpits without any discomfort, WTF?

It's true! I can't really figure it out either. Maybe they thought manufacturing them that way provided more flexibility or something? It's weird, though.
He does not spout ever more, new stupidities. He "diversifies his wrongness portfolio."

Cassi

Postby Cassi » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:50 pm UTC

Yea, the waistband of those tights still came up past my waist, despite them really not fitting at all. One of the things I enjoy about my purple tights (aside from them being purple and comfortable) is that they don't come up ridiculously high, so I think buying them again in black may be the best bet.

I really need some new leggings as well, but didn't have much luck finding normal and reasonably priced ones...I need a trip to Primark, really. Which hopefully will happen when we go to Newcastle to see Harry Potter, whenever that ends up being...

Kells: I'm also a fan of short skirts with thick tights/leggings in the winter, and I don't see how it can possibly be seen as slutty. But to be honest, fuck them anyway. I'm pretty leggy and so am always going to look like I'm showing quite a lot of leg if I'm wearing a skirt that could at all be considered short, and if people have a problem with it, well, it's their problem, not mine. As long as you're decent there's really nothing to be commented on. (I prefer short skirts anyway because I am anti anything that makes it more difficult to walk. This is why my denim skirt is over 6 years old and slowly falling to pieces -- I can't find an affordable one that's short enough, they all seem to be just long enough to start to restrict movement and drive me insane.)
une see wrote:Cass, YOU are my favorite!

GraphiteGirl
Alpha Male

Postby GraphiteGirl » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:14 am UTC

Sandry wrote:
crowey wrote:On a related note, why is the body part of tights often so long? I have tights that I can pull the waistband up to my armpits without any discomfort, WTF?

It's true! I can't really figure it out either. Maybe they thought manufacturing them that way provided more flexibility or something? It's weird, though.

I think it might be to take account of people with larger tummies.
Sandry wrote:Man, my commitment to sparkle motion is waaaaay lower than you are intimating.

kellsbells
Queen of Cupcakes

Postby kellsbells » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:04 am UTC

Okay, officially telling (or mentally telling) haters to fuck off. Thanks for the support, everyone. :D I like my legs, it is their problem now.
A good pun is its own reword.
L wrote:A day without kells is a day not worth living.

Shivahn

Postby Shivahn » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 am UTC

kellsbells wrote:Okay, officially telling (or mentally telling) haters to fuck off. Thanks for the support, everyone. :D I like my legs, it is their problem now.

I like this solution! I have felt much better about myself since I took this attitude.

So for everyone who remembers, I'm taking a jewelry class and wanted to make a pendant out of the transgendered symbol. I have good news and bad news about that. The bad news is that I can't afford silver at the moment, so I made it in brass, and something went wrong so it has pits in it (and a couple of very slightly bent parts).

The good news is that I can easily replicate the piece without the pits, hammer it flat, sand down the weird parts, and polish it to perfection. So I'll probably post pics when I have the finished piece, if anyone wants to see (it will take several more months), but for now, I have what it's like... well, now. I like how it looks, I'm definitely keeping this piece :P

It's next to an American nickel for size comparison, and since I literally took it out of the mold, cut off the bottom, and took a picture, it looks sort of unrefined. But I am pretty happy with it.

Spoiler:

bluebambue
An der schönen blauen Donau

Postby bluebambue » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:50 am UTC

That's very nice Shivahn. Could you go into more detail about the technique used? (I'm guessing it was a mold, but I'm not sure working with molten metal is something a jewelry class would do).

Shivahn

Postby Shivahn » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:37 am UTC

bluebambue wrote:That's very nice Shivahn. Could you go into more detail about the technique used? (I'm guessing it was a mold, but I'm not sure working with molten metal is something a jewelry class would do).

No problem!

The process used was lost wax casting.

Spoiled for detail intensive.

Spoiler:
It... it was sort of a mold. Basically, I took wax wire from a jeweler's store and wrapped a section around a cone to make the center. I used a wax pen, which is basically just a piece of metal that gets superheated at the end, to melt off the excess, then fuse the circle. I took more wire and fused it to the body in the configuration shown, so it was a circle with sticks sticking out at 0, 135, and 225 degrees. I cut off tiny pieces, I forget how long, to form the arms on the sticks, and then I cut up some wax with a spiral sawblade to make the arrow point.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I made an exact wax precursor of what I wanted. Then I attached it to a sprue base and put a cylinder around it and filled it with plaster, so I had a plaster flask with the wax inside, and took off the base so that the end of the wax model was exposed. Then I put it in a kiln for a really long time to burn the wax out, so there was a space where the wax was, and then melted the brass and poured it in. Well, actually it was on a machine that spun really fast, so the centrifugal force forced it into the cavity.

So the process was, basically, make a wax model -> put in flask and fill with special plaster -> burn out wax, making a plaster mold -> pour metal into the mold. Then it's just a matter of getting it out of there and cleaning it up.

If you want more details or anything, feel free to ask :P

The nice thing about it is that I can make a rubber mold of the original piece, inject the rubber mold with wax, and then use that wax to make a perfect replica of the piece.

Virtual_Aardvark

Postby Virtual_Aardvark » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:47 pm UTC

That's pretty damn awesome. I actually really like the pitting. It gives the piece a very solid feel.
"imaginary gardens with real toads in them"
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:An actual cloud... full of lesbians.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:50 pm UTC

I also like the pitting and so on. It makes it look more like a thing that was crafted by a person, not a trinket spit out by a hot* soulless machine.

*It's dealing with molten metal. So while more accurate to the metaphor of a cold, soulless whatever... it wouldn't be accurate to reality.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Plasmic-Turtle

Postby Plasmic-Turtle » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:01 pm UTC

That's awesomeness Shivahn - very cool. Thank you for posting images as promised!

I do agree with the last couple of posts about liking its 'imperfections' though. It's got soul. A silver completely unpitted one has the risk of looking a little bit generic like maybe you just found it in a shop with a million others... but, that said, if you'd prefer to get it all unpitted and 'proper' looking and have the ability to do so then go for it - YOU still know that it's extra-super-special because you hand crafted it and carefully put in your time, energy, emotions, soul into this pendant, and that's what's really important.

(bahahaha "hot and soulless"...)

Shivahn

Postby Shivahn » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:37 am UTC

Thanks everyone!

I'm probably still going to make the silver one, just so I have one that looks more professional. But I really do love the sort of rustic, primal look this has. It looses something in the photo, but it feels like something you'd dig up at an archaeological site or find in a shipwreck, which is really neat.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:14 am UTC

Shivahn, that looks awesome.

Also a little bit awesome: I have found shoes that fit well and look pretty!
Spoiler:
(Try to ignore the mess.)
And here they can be seen in action:
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

TaintedDeity

Postby TaintedDeity » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:40 pm UTC

Nice shoes :) I like the height. I love it when boots are in fashion; I get to see them every where!
Ⓞⓞ◯

blue_eyedspacemonkey

Postby blue_eyedspacemonkey » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:43 pm UTC

Pretty boots!
"Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes"

So. Twitter

GraphiteGirl
Alpha Male

Postby GraphiteGirl » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:44 pm UTC

Wonderful necklace (I also like the ancient aliveness of the surface texture); and great boots!
Sandry wrote:Man, my commitment to sparkle motion is waaaaay lower than you are intimating.

Sandry
My cheese is pants?

Postby Sandry » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:36 pm UTC

Love the boots. The little buckle detail is nifty.

My aesthetic vanity happy for this week: I re-dyed my hair purple, and did a much better job of it this time.

(Last time I spent more time using bleach to clean up my bathroom afterward than I did on the actual dying process. Because I am clumsy. And because moving too quickly means our white door becomes a purple polka dotted door. :P)

I would like to take a decent pic and post it, but I haven't found my camera in forblastedever, and my phone takes horrible pictures. /:

Meanwhile, a related, but stupid ranty thing - does anyone else despise their eyebrows? Mine drive me effing crazy because about 30% of them are this ridiculously light blonde colour, which my hair has not been since I was freaking four years old. The problem with this is that it makes it look like I have patches of baldness in my eyebrows, if I do nothing to them.

So anyhow, because of this frustration, I periodically attempt to dye my eyebrows (yes, I know, you're not supposed to), but again, this makes them not turn out the same colour, since I didn't bleach my hair before dying, so it's just a purple overlay, whereas on 30% of my eyebrows, it's HI I AM HERE TO BE PURPLE NOW, KTHXBYE.

(I know, I know. Stupid problem.)

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:04 pm UTC

I have to drive an hour for an event in the afternoon, two hours in the evening halfway across the state, attend a three hour movie premiere at midnight, drive two hours the next morning down to some godforsaken corner of the state for another event, and then an hour to Springfield where I'm volunteering for a conference for the weekend.

Worst time to get a UTI. Ever.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

Shivahn

Postby Shivahn » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:31 pm UTC

podbaydoor wrote:I have to drive an hour for an event in the afternoon, two hours in the evening halfway across the state, attend a three hour movie premiere at midnight, drive two hours the next morning down to some godforsaken corner of the state for another event, and then an hour to Springfield where I'm volunteering for a conference for the weekend.

Worst time to get a UTI. Ever.

Ew, that sucks. That really is pretty awful timing.

Sevenish

Postby Sevenish » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:37 pm UTC

Sandry wrote:Meanwhile, a related, but stupid ranty thing - does anyone else despise their eyebrows? Mine drive me effing crazy because about 30% of them are this ridiculously light blonde colour, which my hair has not been since I was freaking four years old. The problem with this is that it makes it look like I have patches of baldness in my eyebrows, if I do nothing to them.

*sneaks onto thread*
I'm pretty sure I know just what you mean. Most mornings I have to dab in some gray/light brown eyeshadow onto those spaces to make my eyebrows look normal... I'm too much of a chicken to dye 'em.

apricity
almost grown-up but not quite

Postby apricity » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:16 am UTC

Sandry wrote:Meanwhile, a related, but stupid ranty thing - does anyone else despise their eyebrows?
I hate mine but I don't know why. They never look right to me, but I don't know what to do to them to correct whatever is wrong.
LE4d wrote:have you considered becoming an electron

it takes just a little practice to learn to be
(she/her/hers)

GraphiteGirl
Alpha Male

Postby GraphiteGirl » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:45 am UTC

Yesterday I worked as a simulated patient for a medical student exam. I have some woman thread observations of interest to share from this experience:
In the morning I played a young woman whose concerned sister had brought her in. I was meant to be on amphetamines of some kind, so I basically got to have loads of fun being distracted by things in the room and giggling and making silly noises. I also smudged my lipstick over my chin, ruined my eyeliner and wore my hair a little limp and bedraggled. Only a few candidates, in their differential diagnosis, mentioned the smudged makeup specifically as evidence. A few guys mentioned me being generally disheveled, but the only ones who specifically noted the makeup were lasses. I wonder if this was a result of the men not feeling comfortable commenting on my imperfect makeup in front of me.

In the afternoon I played a woman with a very slight intellectual disability who wanted to go on the Pill, so she and her boyfriend could start having sex. Interestingly, the candidates from the morning had no trouble simplifying the language of their questions for me or my "sister" - they'd been trained in how to ask mental health questions simply - but many were just terrible at using jargonless language to explain birth control. I decided that in order to make the test fair I'd stop and ask them what any completely perplexing term meant, but at least one guy just would not stop using the scientific terminology long after I'd given him cues to start explaining the terms in more accessible language. Those who were best at it occasionally had a tone that wandered between friendly and patronising - hitting the right tone is really hard there, but some of them managed it. One told me they'd check my understanding at the end, which I'm sure was meant to be healpful but sounded like an exam at the end of a lecture. (They never did actually properly check my understanding.)
Also, some of the women actually got the safe time period wrong for skipping the Pill accidentally and then taking it later (said 24 hours rather than 12 would be fine without using alternate protection for 7 days). That shouldn't surprise me - not all women are sexually active, and of those, not all have tried being on the Pill - but it did still surprise me a little, which made me examine my assumptions about 4th year students. They were also meant to check that my relationship was consensual, knowing that I was a vulnerable patient. A couple did this, but most did not - I wonder if those who didn't were just trying to be polite and trust the patient's judgment, especially because their doctor character was meant to already have known me for my whole life. One man, in trying to check, just flat out asked, "Is your relationship coercive?" When I asked him to explain, he said, "Is it forced?" Accessible explanation fail, sir. A couple of the candidates had a really great manner, male and female, and I think at least two of the women congratulated me on looking after my health and managing my fertility before becoming sexually active, which on balance I found more friendly than patronising.
Oh, and one woman discussed the rhythm method without telling me not to use it (to be fair she was running out of time). She was also the only candidate to recommend abstinence, though no more strongly than any other method.
Only one or two candidates considered the possibility that I didn't already know how to use condoms.

Best thing about being a simulated patient, apart from pretending to be high in the morning - hanging out with the examiners. The psych one in the morning chatted to my fellow actor (playing the sister, and in real life a student studying social work and also working for one of the state organisations that manages said work) about their shared experiences with helping kids, and I chatted to the women's health expert in the afternoon about intersections of med and the law, trying to care for patients in difficult situations... oh, and he gave me free gynecological advice :P

Enuja

Postby Enuja » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:16 am UTC

When I was in high school, I categorized my eyebrows as a unibrow, hated them, and plucked between them and made them thinner and more sculpted. Now, I'm perfectly happy with my eyebrows (which really aren't a unibrow, but I don't think I would hate them even if I had a unibrow), and I inwardly shudder when I look at "nicely sculpted" eyebrows. It's amazing how my perceptions about gender and my own body have changed over time.

doogly

Postby doogly » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:40 am UTC

lanicita wrote:
Sandry wrote:Meanwhile, a related, but stupid ranty thing - does anyone else despise their eyebrows?
I hate mine but I don't know why. They never look right to me, but I don't know what to do to them to correct whatever is wrong.

Don't worry, there are paid professionals happy to tell you exactly what is wrong!

apricity
almost grown-up but not quite

Postby apricity » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:00 am UTC

GraphiteGirl wrote:I wonder if this was a result of the men not feeling comfortable commenting on my imperfect makeup in front of me.
I wonder if they even knew it was smudged though? Before I'd ever worn makeup I doubt I would have really noticed if someone else had smudged makeup. Though on an exam I might, I suppose.
doogly wrote:
lanicita wrote:

Don't worry, there are paid professionals happy to tell you exactly what is wrong!
Eh, I'm not concerned enough to pay someone to tell me what's up. I just know that I don't like them, and I wonder if there's something I could do to make myself like them.
LE4d wrote:have you considered becoming an electron

it takes just a little practice to learn to be
(she/her/hers)

GraphiteGirl
Alpha Male

Postby GraphiteGirl » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:07 am UTC

lanicita wrote:
GraphiteGirl wrote:I wonder if this was a result of the men not feeling comfortable commenting on my imperfect makeup in front of me.
I wonder if they even knew it was smudged though? Before I'd ever worn makeup I doubt I would have really noticed if someone else had smudged makeup. Though on an exam I might, I suppose.

It's possible, and that's what the examiner thought - but it was pretty badly smudged, with dark pink lipstick along my lower jawbone/chin. The eyeliner would be easier to miss.

doogly

Postby doogly » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:32 am UTC

I was being highly insincere. I anti-recommend paying someone to poke at your eyebrows. I think they're delightful, personally.

When I was in Xinjiang, China, there were some Uyghur women doing a dance performance one night. They all painted in unibrows. Apparently it is a thing?

suffer-cait

Postby suffer-cait » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:37 am UTC

lanicita wrote:
doogly wrote:
lanicita wrote:

Eh, I'm not concerned enough to pay someone to tell me what's up. I just know that I don't like them, and I wonder if there's something I could do to make myself like them.
see, everytime i go in to get my everything-else waxed the beautician is like "what, eyebrows?" and i always have to say no. and i wonder if this is because most people come in about their eyebrows or if i particularly look like my eyebrows need help. I generally like my eyebrows. they are bigger than i would like, but they have a good shape and whenever someone tries to clean them up they just look wrong so i find it's better not to mess wit them. my only problem is that they would not look good with an eyebrow ring.

Plasmic-Turtle

Postby Plasmic-Turtle » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:21 am UTC

That's really interesting GraphiteGirl - so you gave the examiners some pretty good feedback I'm guessing? A patronising tone is something that really shits me, how could it be THAT difficult for them to recall a time when they didn't know about all this stuff themselves, and treat the patient in the direct non-patronising way they would have liked to be treated themsevles? Yet I've experienced it from quite a few (thankfully NOT the majority) in the medical profession.

Eyebrows - mine are all once colour, but they're quite wide but sparse from the middle towards the outer edges so while I'd love to get them shaped at some point just to try it (threading's very cheap but also apparently damn painful?) I'm not sure it'd work. Though they don't bother me too much and no boyfriend I've ever had has looked very closely at my eyebrows or even noticed when half of them have disappeared.

Suffer-Cait, I suspect it's probably to get more money out of you rather than anything to do with how your eyebrows look?

suffer-cait

Postby suffer-cait » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:26 am UTC

no, cause they frequently assume that's my reason for being there, first thing, "what did you want? eyebrows?"

Return to “General”