[SAFESPACE] Woman Thread - All Things Women. Period.

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Plasmic-Turtle

Re: [SAFESPACE] Woman Thread - All Things Women. Period.

Postby Plasmic-Turtle » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:41 am UTC

I would certainly love to hear about how your wedding planning is going Cathy! (I can't remember, do you have a date set?) And huge congrats on the job, too! :)

I love hearing about what everyone's been getting up to and how they're doing, even if it makes me feel a tad insufficient at times - you're such an extraordinary bunch, with all your activities and interests and talents.

While I'm here, I've other news to share: We had a very successful "Slutwalk" here in Wellington on Saturday, must've been at least 6-10x the amount of people who joined in the protest against sow crates which was the last one I went to. Spoilered for any potential sexual-violence triggeryness:
Spoiler:
This is a description of the purpose of the event, and I also particularly liked this opinion piece from our local paper, but take care with the comments section. Some of us were a little perplexed at the decision (not sure who's decision exactly) to walk around the waterfront as opposed to through the streets, it's not exactly an attention-grabbing (or traffic stopping) way to go about things, but whatever. I was very proud that my sister, her partner, my (6 yr old) niece, my partner and one of my friends all came along too - in fact there were plenty of men and a range of ages present, including children.
Here are a few photos and a video of how the event went, if you're interested. The banners shown don't encompass the full variety and awesomeness of what was there! The trombonist is an acquantaince of mine that I know through my boyfriend - very cool guy, he also took his trombone along to the recent "Queer the Night" march in the city against homophobia and transphobia.

Also, some advice needed - have any of you quit the contraceptive pill at a random time before, i.e. before reaching the sugar pills? What was the effect of doing so? I discovered it was playing with my hormones and sex drive something crazy (despite being the same pill I've taken for the last 4-5 years with no trouble), and in desperation stopped taking it the moment I suspected it as the culprit. I certainly, certainly don't regret this decision, but now I've no idea what to expect with Shark Week and it's starting to make me somewhat apprehensive, not that I miss it! Basically it's been at least 6, possibly 7 weeks now since I quit the pill and I've had essentially no bleeding at all. Pregnancy test negative (yay!), although that wouldn't show yet if I got knocked up in the last 3 weeks I guess. Also, I'm feeling very very icky about hormonal methods after this experience, and wondering if any of you have tried archaic methods such as the good ol' diaphragm? Thoughts on it? (should probably search the thread before I ask! will go do that now...).
EDIT: search of the thread on 'diaphragms' brought up a whole heap of "spermicide burns". I does not like the sounds of this. :cry:

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:43 am UTC

How many goats did he give to your father? Were I he, I would have given at least six goats!
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Aaeriele

Postby Aaeriele » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:46 am UTC

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:How many goats did he give to your father? Were I he, I would have given at least six goats!

Penguins.

Also my father is dead, let's not go there.
Vaniver wrote:Harvard is a hedge fund that runs the most prestigious dating agency in the world, and incidentally employs famous scientists to do research.

afuzzyduck wrote:ITS MEANT TO BE FLUTTERSHY BUT I JUST SEE AAERIELE! CURSE YOU FORA!

semicharmed

Postby semicharmed » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:56 am UTC

Aaeri & DBC: congratulations! I had the funniest picture in my head after that post of you typing your post, and being totally surprised when the ring confirmed that yes, you were in fact engaged. In DBC' voice. Like random inanimate objects would do on Sesame Street. I think, I have this really fuzzy picture in my head and I couldn't tell you what object it what or in what context, just that it surprised the people around it.

/left-tab-open-stealth edit: I seem to remember fruits and veggies doing this, in Cookie Monster sketches.

@plasmic: I've never stopped HBC in the middle of a pack - my only experience was with the ring, and just took that out normally, and IANAD but: if you bled really lightly/not at all while on the pill, and you stopped in the middle of a pack, you could have had a so-light-it-was-unnoticed "period" and a slightly longer first cycle. I have a copper IUD, which I love. If you thread-search 'paragard/paraguard' or IUD you'll find a ton of information. I love it, especially when combined with my cup in place of tampons.

I choose it because the ring, which is super-low-dose since it's locally inserted, killed my sex drive. And made me drier. Which made sex painful, which sadly I didn't notice until AFTER I stopped. Which was right after a breakup. Inconvienient, because all of a sudden I had a senior thesis to write, a massive 800 work-hour group project (we built a massive communicator board for a classroom in a school for students with autism-spectrum disorders) and a desire to jump the bones of anything that moved.

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:00 am UTC

Congrats on the engagement!

re: other modes of birth control

I tend to have a good long look at the failure rates, and use that as a way of judging if it's something I'd want to trust. It seems that the typical use failure rate of a diaphragm is worse than the typical use failure rate of condoms - but unlike condoms, the perfect use failure rate is still pretty high.

I can vouch for IUDs so far. It was a couple of pretty awkward and uncomfortable GP meetings, for the benefit of not having to think about it much for 8-ish years, and a failure rate only slightly worse than tubal litigation ;)

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:20 pm UTC

Oh me yarm congrats, Aaeri and Cheez!

Sandry
My cheese is pants?

Postby Sandry » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:33 pm UTC

Congratuflippinglations, Aaeriele and DaBigCheez! That is so excellent. :D
He does not spout ever more, new stupidities. He "diversifies his wrongness portfolio."
(My pronouns are She/Her/Hers)

KestrelLowing

Postby KestrelLowing » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:20 pm UTC

Congrats!

Geeze, it seems like everyone I know is freaking getting married or having babies!!! At least 4 friends of mine just got engaged this summer, 3 got married within the last year, 2 had babies fairly recently, and 1 is pregnant. And, 3 different people I know just got new dogs. I'm only 21 for pities sake!

I'm kind of jealous about the dogs, but it seems like we're all way too young for this kind of thing.

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:25 pm UTC

@KestrelLowering - I know the feeling, my two closest lady friends got married a couple years ago (not to eachother - alas), and it feels like everyone I'm stumbling across is engaged or with child. We're all too young! This year there have been 3 weddings of people I know IRL, one engagement, and one live birth. If we're talking office stuff, then basically everyone is pregnant (2 on maternity, 2 just back from maternity, and 2 going to go on maternity before too long). As soon as we add the internet in, these numbers skyrocket!

semicharmed

Postby semicharmed » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:25 pm UTC

I was just talking to my SO about that! He's 5 years older than I am, and while the weddings are slowing down, he went to a lot in the past year. And now the babies are starting, among his friends.

But I'm 24, and only know of a few people from college and high school - and no close friends - who have gotten married or engaged. And no babies/pregnancies yet, but a few couples who just moved in together.

Aightynine

Postby Aightynine » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

I too get freaked out when I hear about people near my age getting married/having children. I guess I haven't heard anyone exactly my age (19) talking about it, but a few people I know who are still undergrads, i.e. only a few years older at the most, are getting married. I overheard one talking about how she didn't want to have kids in graduate school, but her fiance* kinda wanted to start then because he wanted to be having kids by the time he was 30. I just...can't imagine having that sort of discussion, even a few years down the line. That's just me, though...and probably the only reason it's weird is because I know I won't be ready then.

*He's older than she is by several years, though I can't remember the exact number.
This is my Tumblr, for the curious and/or bored. It mostly consists of random things/ideas I find interesting* and pictures of my friend Catherine.

*This might include but is not limited to: science, my research experiences, gender, feminism.

KestrelLowing

Postby KestrelLowing » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:07 pm UTC

I think the most terrifying thing for me is that many of these people who are now engaged have been dating for less time than my boyfriend and I, and some are younger! Yes, we've been together for nearly 3 years but neither of us are in a place in our lives where we feel at all ready to get married.

I just don't want people to be "You're next, right?" because while I want to spend the rest of my life with my BF and I'm pretty dang sure he's the one I want to marry, I'm so not ready for the whole marriage deal. Heck, it'll probably be 4-5 years before either of us really feel like we're old enough to get married, but that's just us.

I think that perhaps the biggest reason is that the majority of those that have gotten engaged will be graduating next year and are also Christian. There seems to be a fair amount of pressure on people to find their future spouse in college and to marry them right as they graduate so that they can move in together without "living in sin". I just hope that none of them are making mistakes because of that pressure. Certainly not all will make poor or misinformed decisions (my parents are living proof - got married right after college, still going strong 30+ years later) but I just really hope none of them are.

Ashlah

Postby Ashlah » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:43 pm UTC

My boyfriend's first serious girlfriend just got married, and his second just got engaged. I know it's been kind of weird for him. We've been together a little over two years, and, while I would say yes if he were to ask me right now, I don't know that either of us really feel the need or desire to get married so soon. I think that when I feel weird about people my age getting married, it has less to do with age, and more to do with the lengths of their relationships. Well...no, I guess it has to do with age too. But I do understand that it's all my own perception, and I have no reason to think I know better than they do when they should or shouldn't get married. It's only weird because I compare it to my own situation and feelings.

In other news...I got an interview last week for the first job I applied for since graduating. I just got a call that they want me to come in tomorrow to meet the business partner than wasn't there on the day of my first interview. Good sign? Me thinks yes :D

Aaeriele

Postby Aaeriele » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:59 pm UTC

KestrelLowing wrote:There seems to be a fair amount of pressure on people to find their future spouse in college and to marry them right as they graduate so that they can move in together without "living in sin".

Well crap. As someone who's poly, I guess I'm screwed in that regard. :P
Vaniver wrote:Harvard is a hedge fund that runs the most prestigious dating agency in the world, and incidentally employs famous scientists to do research.

afuzzyduck wrote:ITS MEANT TO BE FLUTTERSHY BUT I JUST SEE AAERIELE! CURSE YOU FORA!

KestrelLowing

Postby KestrelLowing » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:17 pm UTC

Ashlah wrote:My boyfriend's first serious girlfriend just got married, and his second just got engaged. I know it's been kind of weird for him. We've been together a little over two years, and, while I would say yes if he were to ask me right now, I don't know that either of us really feel the need or desire to get married so soon. I think that when I feel weird about people my age getting married, it has less to do with age, and more to do with the lengths of their relationships. Well...no, I guess it has to do with age too. But I do understand that it's all my own perception, and I have no reason to think I know better than they do when they should or shouldn't get married. It's only weird because I compare it to my own situation and feelings.

In other news...I got an interview last week for the first job I applied for since graduating. I just got a call that they want me to come in tomorrow to meet the business partner than wasn't there on the day of my first interview. Good sign? Me thinks yes :D

Congrats!!!! I would definitely say that's a good sign.

And Aaeriele: yeah, you're screwed :wink: Fire and brimstone, fire and brimstone :)

But really, they're a nice group of people, just a little pressured to do the "settle down and start a family"

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:10 pm UTC

Aaeriele wrote:
KestrelLowing wrote:There seems to be a fair amount of pressure on people to find their future spouse in college and to marry them right as they graduate so that they can move in together without "living in sin".

Well crap. As someone who's poly, I guess I'm screwed in that regard. :P

Nah, you just have to live with more people. It's like math, they cancel each other out.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

existential_squirrrel

Postby existential_squirrrel » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:39 pm UTC

Ashlah wrote:In other news...I got an interview last week for the first job I applied for since graduating. I just got a call that they want me to come in tomorrow to meet the business partner than wasn't there on the day of my first interview. Good sign? Me thinks yes :D

Congrats on the interview :) That's awesome! Hope all goes well. It's always a good sign if they call you back to meet someone who wasn't there for the first interview! :D Best of luck
courage is about knowing when to pick yourself up and whisper to yourself, "I will try again tomorrow"
http://http://stats.free-dc.org/cpidtagb.php?cpid=f0b63432195be1a8665b08c414e36545&theme=12&cols=1

Chandani

Postby Chandani » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:13 am UTC

Well, I hope that no one my age is talking about getting married because most of us are still minors. ;)

Now, time for more depressing post:
So... I'm about to leave on vacation to some place which is warmer and sunnier than my current location (even though it's summer :evil: ). Which should be a happy thing. In fact, I'm actually getting happy about it myself (which is a surprise, considering I was pretty blase about it earlier). But then, out of nowhere, my parents bring up my legs.
And I've known I have more hair than the average woman since... well, for a long time. I've gotten my armpits waxed mostly because my mom makes me do it, and if I don't she pressures me to wear baggy tshirts instead. So on the eve of my vacation, they tell me to shave my legs. Heck, they even ask my sister to lend me a razor.
And when I say no... well, they totally pressured me with 'you're totally going to get mocked on the beach' and stuff like that.
The funny thing is... my legs have been at least this hairy since 2008 ( I <3 pictures) and they never brought it up then (and since I never got mocked on beaches then... well, I doubt it's going to happen now, right?). In fact, it seems like there has been an increase in the focus on my appearance. It's really weird and really concerning me at this point: I enjoyed the freedom I've had so far over my appearance, but what's going to happen now...?

katethegreat

Postby katethegreat » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:21 am UTC

Chandani- I can sympathize (when I was in 5th grade I was too nervous to ask my mom about shaving, and my underarm hair was very prominent. It got to the point where I stopped raising my hand high in class and wouldn't wear sleeveless shirts at all.). However, my mom's the opposite of yours. She isn't really all that feminine or worried about appearances. While I'm glad I don't have pressure or anything, I feel kinda stranded in this world of beauty and makeup.

I'm with you--I don't see the huge deal about shaving your legs. :roll: I mean, it may be noticeable closeup, but when you're a distance away no one cares or notices. I personally like shaving my legs (yay feeling silky smooth), but i only feel like underarms are the big priority when it comes to "Oh me yarm I don't want to be made fun of at the beach". Cause it's really noticeable. And kinda taboo. I hate armpits. That being said, I tend not to bother with them if it's winter or if I'm going camping or something (if you're in the middle of the woods and smell gross, who cares about pit hair?)
Just think- in a couple years you can be the hippie girl in college who doesn't shave, and your mom won't be able to do a thing about it! :D And lots of women can look at you and say, "man, I wish I had the guts to do that! I hate waxing!". As for now, *hugs for having to deal with your mom*. :(
Maybe there's a focus now on appearance because you're of dating age? And your mom thinks you wouldn't be able to get a boyfriend if you were hirsute? Just a theory. :|

deixis

Postby deixis » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:57 am UTC

Plasmic-turtle- in case this is helpful, I've come off the contraceptive pill at various points in the cycle and had a couple of different reactions. Most of the time, the bleeding has started within a couple of weeks, but other times, not for a few months. My GP said both responses were nothing to worry about, for what it's worth.

Chandani- I'm sorry that your parents aren't being supportive about this. I ended up with my mother's fair skin and my father's dark (and copious) hair, and so my mother forced me to use an epilator on my face, back, arms, underarms and legs, starting in my early teens- when I started dating. Like you, they hadn't mentioned it before then. When I did stop removing body hair, there was backlash and mockery, both from friends and total strangers, so I'm not going to say that nobody will mock you, because the jerks that believe it is their right to comment on other people's bodies any time and in any way seem to be everywhere, but I hope that you get the space to make your own decisions about your body. It more than makes up for whatever anybody might say.

Chandani

Postby Chandani » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:01 pm UTC

katethegreat wrote:Maybe there's a focus now on appearance because you're of dating age? And your mom thinks you wouldn't be able to get a boyfriend if you were hirsute? Just a theory. :|
Hmmm. Long story short, I doubt that my parents will allow me to date in their house. So I don't think it's that. Also, while my mom brought it up, my dad, of all people, seems to be pushing it the most. :? It could be that since I'm older, I might get more mockery in their minds...?

But thanks for the support. If the vacation becomes a 'let's pressure our daughter to shave' kind of thing, I shall be very pissed, but hopefully it will be dropped.

meridian

Postby meridian » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:21 pm UTC

@Chandani - I'm sorry to hear of your parents' obnoxious behavior. My experience was different, but I did have to talk to my parents about my leg hair and embarrassing me. They were two entirely separate topics for me, but maybe just sitting down and letting them know how you feel about it would help?

I guess I am assuming that most conversations with the parental units are slightly one sided when they come to expectations and demands - as it was with me. Giving my parents a well thought out response and having a discussion always seemed to work out to my benefit. Maybe you guys can come up with some sort of compromise or benefit for you when it comes to this requested haircut.
Spoiler:
People don't really go to heaven when they die. They are taken to a special room and burned.
- Sherlock
torontoraptor wrote:Internet is a zombie, and it is eating our brains.

GraphiteGirl
Alpha Male

Postby GraphiteGirl » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:10 am UTC

Ooh, I'm late, but congratulations Aeri and DBC! Aeri, it's always so wonderful to hear about anything that makes you happy :D
Sandry wrote:Man, my commitment to sparkle motion is waaaaay lower than you are intimating.

bluebambue
An der schönen blauen Donau

Postby bluebambue » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:23 am UTC

I went to the doctor today for various things, and she said she could refer me to a doctor who would be at least willing to consider giving me a tubal litigation (tying my tubes) even though I'm only 21. I am super excited. I hadn't even been trying for that since I haven't heard any success stories for people this young.

Does anyone have any experience with it? I have been reading about post tubal litigation syndrome (where libido is lowered and other problems) and am freaking myself out a bit.

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:09 pm UTC

Totally random and off topic but I stumbled across this etsy shop and HAD TO SHARE.

Plush character uteruses (uteri?)...really pretty flower pendants and jewelry and stuff...yeah you just have to see it. I've never seen art pieces like this, and just looking at the stuff she has made me feel better about my body for some reason. I can't explain that part but I guess maybe I just saw some beauty where I often hate? Anyway...

Vulva Love Lovely
(use your own description for viewing at work...it's not anywhere near p0rn or anything like that, but ya know how peeps can be...)

And don't forget to read the "about" page...seriously, it's worth it.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

manictheatrefan

Postby manictheatrefan » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:53 am UTC

THOSE UTERI ARE ADORABLE

is something I never thought I'd say.

Ashlah

Postby Ashlah » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:05 pm UTC

I got the job!!!

This is one of the most exciting days of my life! Haha. This seriously could not have been any better. I got the first job I applied for. And they're paying me more than I asked for. And I get a raise after three months. And I get my own office. And it just seems like a seriously great place to work. How did this happen? I don't even...

I just put in my resignation for the retail job I've been working for three years. :mrgreen:

(Only downside is that I'll miss my friends from my current job. We all suck at staying in touch outside of work. I guess we'll just have to get better.)

Aaeriele

Postby Aaeriele » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:55 pm UTC

Ashlah wrote:I got the job!!!

yay!

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:44 pm UTC

Apparently Mooncup asked women around the world what names they use for their vagina. Then made a song using some of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgEXRKIZRvc
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

bluebambue
An der schönen blauen Donau

Postby bluebambue » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:10 pm UTC

pseudoidiot wrote:Apparently Mooncup asked women around the world what names they use for their vagina. Then made a song using some of them.

That is quite awesome

existential_squirrrel

Postby existential_squirrrel » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:11 pm UTC

Ashlah wrote:I got the job!!!

That's awesome news! Good luck, have fun, and enjoy it
courage is about knowing when to pick yourself up and whisper to yourself, "I will try again tomorrow"
http://http://stats.free-dc.org/cpidtagb.php?cpid=f0b63432195be1a8665b08c414e36545&theme=12&cols=1

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:42 pm UTC

bluebambue wrote:
pseudoidiot wrote:Apparently Mooncup asked women around the world what names they use for their vagina. Then made a song using some of them.

That is quite awesome

"Downtown dining and entertainment district".

Heh.
The Supreme Ethical Rule: Act so as to elicit the best in others and thereby in thyself.
- Felix Adler, professor, lecturer, and reformer (13 Aug 1851-1933)

tin
Foxy McAwesomesworth

Postby tin » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:46 pm UTC

I love this. Also, i just found this list from Mooncup, encouraging ladies to tell them what they call thier vagina.

It's far too entertaining. I'm a totally calling my vagina my 'pink kryptonite' from now on. Or maybe 'Anastasia Beaverhousen'. Or 'Lawrence of My-Labia'.
i dare you to take me on...

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:07 am UTC

"The velvet tardis"

Ooooh yes.

feyayeruka

Postby feyayeruka » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:06 pm UTC

greetings soylent females :)

It's a little daunting to jump in on a 600+page thread on a new forum, but here I am. I have ladybits, and I'm not afraid to use em :mrgreen:

Isotope_238

Postby Isotope_238 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:36 am UTC

Welcome to the party!

semicharmed

Postby semicharmed » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:32 am UTC

Indeed. Welcome. And don't feel obligated to read 600+ pages. The tl;dr of the Woman Thread is: birth control methods, where other people find well-fitting clothes if they're tall or short or have big boobs or a big butt or any other of the variations in normal bodies, sharing things going well (and congrats thereof), ranting about things going wrong (and sympathies), periods, menstrual cups, and a lot of other random discussion.

Lots of random discussion. Don't be afraid to jump in. Or to change topics, that's kind of what this thread is for.

feyayeruka

Postby feyayeruka » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:15 pm UTC

I did read the first page and the last page, so I kind of have an idea.

as to birth control; I use and teach Billings Method

well-fitting clothes... well, I have rather... ahem... a lot of boobage, but I do wear it well. I tend to get most of my clothes in 2nd hand stores, or else on the street in Bangkok. I alter/ sew things to fit.

things that are going well: I have an 8 year old kid who is pretty awesome. Only she woke me up at freakin quarter to ridiculous this morning demanding to discuss inertia, momentum and the speed of light. grrr. I also have a ladyfriend I'm batty about. I am a terribly good baker and I have an awesome recipe for beer muffins.

things going notsowell: it's freezing cold and I'm out of dry wood.

periods: I use natural sea sponges for "tampons" and cloth rags for night time. I get terrible cramps that only high doses of nurofen plus will touch.

random stuff: I only wear green.

how's that for jumping in!

Isotope_238

Postby Isotope_238 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:31 pm UTC

Good news/bad news time:

Bad news -
about a week ago, we lost one of our cats. He was out hunting, and it's just dangerous sometimes, even for smart cats. He was my sister's cat, slept with her at night, came when she called, came to her window to be let in, you know. My sister was traveling when we found the cat's body, so we couldn't tell her until we met her--she's underage, first time flying alone, and she doesn't need to hear that sort of bad news and then try to keep herself together and make it through an airport. So that's the bad news.

Good news -
today, we went to visit an animal foster home and left with four new kitties. We now have a teenage mama kitty (seriously, she's eight months old, tops) and three fuzzy little baby kittens. They're so cute! Really, really cute! I don't have any new pictures of them, just the ones from the Humane Society's website, which will be taken down shortly, so here:

spoilered for a whole bunch of smallish pictures (total 400KB):

Spoiler:
mama-1.jpg
mama-1.jpg (58.44 KiB) Viewed 3743 times
mama-2.jpg
mama-2.jpg (62.31 KiB) Viewed 3743 times

baby-amy1.jpg
baby-amy1.jpg (42.26 KiB) Viewed 3743 times
baby-amy2.jpg
baby-amy2.jpg (44.86 KiB) Viewed 3743 times
baby-amy3.jpg
baby-amy3.jpg (39.01 KiB) Viewed 3743 times

baby-ellis1.jpg
baby-ellis1.jpg (38.94 KiB) Viewed 3743 times
baby-ellis2.jpg
baby-ellis2.jpg (45.13 KiB) Viewed 3743 times
baby-ellis3.jpg
baby-ellis3.jpg (44.31 KiB) Viewed 3743 times

baby-stewie.jpg
baby-stewie.jpg (36.66 KiB) Viewed 3743 times

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:42 pm UTC

All together now:

D'aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

Also: sadface for your sister's kitty. I hope the new fluffballs are consoling for her.
The Supreme Ethical Rule: Act so as to elicit the best in others and thereby in thyself.
- Felix Adler, professor, lecturer, and reformer (13 Aug 1851-1933)

Return to “General”