[SAFESPACE] Woman Thread - All Things Women. Period.

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Artemisia

Re: Woman thread - NO HOMERS CLUB

Postby Artemisia » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:03 am UTC

Im too lazy to brush my teeth before bed. I seriously cant be arsed to wash my face ;) but thanks for the tip and yes, it would be better if I did it. Both, actually.

I do use day cream when I remember tho. I had GREAT non-greasy gel-creme from l'oreal but now i can't find the DARN gel anywhere anymore :x
I thought I did, but it turned out to be the "sensitive skin" variety (in stead of normal/mixed skin, my type) and thus had a reasonable level of greasiness. THE THING I HATE ABOUT CREAMS IS THE BLOODY GREASINESS! I hate getting that on my fingers. urgh.

That turned out to be a bit of a rant which was unintentional, I promise.

As a make up remover I am a big fan of Olay eye make up remover. But I always use waterproof mascara which is a bitch to remove with anything else. I use pads by the by, and I can recommend those over normal tissues (they don't suck up the cream as much as tissues, and they feel nicer).

I don't know what anyone's views are on "instant facial cleansing tissues" but for me that was a huge no-no. Way too icky, smelled awful and made my skin feel nasty as well. I didn't like the fact that every tissue was drowned in cleansing stuff, either. (but I may have had a bad experience with a C-brand there maybe)
This too shall pass

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:07 am UTC

I hear you about it sometimes seeming like a huge pain in the evening; if I don't wash my face in the evening twice in a row I'll wash it in the morning. But I always moisturise morning and night (and put on sunscreen in the morning).

Not necessarily your problem, A, but a tip in general: if you find a cream is too greasy for you, try something that says "hydrating". Hydrating cream and cream for dry skin are not the same thing.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Artemisia

Postby Artemisia » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:51 am UTC

the gel-cream I had was indeed hydrating. I know there's levels of greasiness, but that one was a real gel, and felt lovely refreshing on my skin in the morning. It also spreads a lot easier than greasier creams (less thick substance).

I miss my hydra-fresh :(
This too shall pass

Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby Felstaff » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:55 am UTC

UK --> High Street --> Superdrug --> 'cream aisle' --> Superdrug's own 'vitamin-E + other shit' moisturising cream.

£1.29 for a pot. It's thick, creamy, scentless, non-milky, non-greasy, intensively cooling & moisturising wonder-stuff in an orange pot. One day, all creams will be made like this.

Try it out. It's the best aftershave balm I have ever used.
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

Artemisia

Postby Artemisia » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:01 pm UTC

hmmm. im a little put off by the fact that you say it's thick, but for that money, it's worth a try :)

thanks for the tip!
This too shall pass

H.E.L.e.N.
Cheesy-tuna-bacon-pickle?

Postby H.E.L.e.N. » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:14 pm UTC

Moo wrote:NO SOAP ON FACE

I don't really buy this. I started using a gentle, specific brand on a dermatologist's recommendation, because I was on prescription acne medication and the idea was "don't add any extra besides that." And never stopped. And it washes off whatever kind of makeup, and I moisturize anyway.
Last edited by H.E.L.e.N. on Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:08 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Rinsaikeru
Pawn, soon to be a Queen

Postby Rinsaikeru » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:16 pm UTC

I've recently stopped getting waterproof mascara, for that very reason. I like to be able to wash it off.

You know...I kinda like that black goop that ends up on your eyeball sometimes after you wash mascara off. I'm a freak--but it's so gross that it's kinda cool.

I use an olay face moisturizer that I got as a gift, I'm still looking for one lightweight enough for my skin...I used to get a nice one from Yves Rocher, but I haven't bothered with it lately.
Rice Puddin.

sophyturtle
I'll go put my shirt back on for this kind of shock. No I won't. I'll get my purse.

Postby sophyturtle » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:22 pm UTC

I use face moisturizer with SPF 15. It works for me and is sensitive enough for my hunny's Irish skin. Aveno, I really like it. And the bottle is easily made ready for travel, just turn the spout and it won't leak in your bag :)

(edited for checking)
Last edited by sophyturtle on Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:03 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
I want to get to a place where I am neither conforming nor rebelling but simply being.

crowey
That's DOCTOR Crowey, to you

Postby crowey » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:34 pm UTC

helen wrote:Counterexample: men. Lots of guys have clear skin anyway, and I've come across dudes who have never heard of cleanser.

My brother has a better skincare regime than I do. Mind you, he is a model and I'm a scientist.... :lol:

I leave my makeup on all night and then wash it off with water and showergel in the morning, I don't moisturise unless I've got sunburned, and I always forget to wear SPF (even though I'm blonde and pale). I used to do the whole cleanse, tone & moisturise thing, but I got lazy and it didn't make any difference to my skin....

Moo

Postby Moo » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:54 pm UTC

helen wrote:gentle, specific brand on a dermatologist's recommendation
In which case it clearly isn't the run of the mill family bar with unnamed colour and horrible scent I was referring to.

This article summarizes what I mean: not all "soap" is a bad thing, but it depends on what we mean by the word. Simple family body soap has a high pH and is not suitable for the skin on the face when it differs from skin on the rest of the body (such as being particularly dry, oily or break out prone). Face care choices should reflect your face's needs. And our face skin is different from the rest of our skin in almost all cases. Environmental exposure etc.

crowey: maybe you're lucky; my skin gets very dehydrated when I don't take care of it. I am however mostly doing it as an investment in my skin's future, and I am not willing to take the chance that doing nothing will still ensure healthy looking elastic skin after my 40s. I want to keep not really having to wear makeup to feel pretty. Especially when it comes to using SPF - it's the cheapest wrinkle preventing cream you can buy*.

*completely unfounded assertion but you know what I mean.

Edited to remove the bit that doesn't make sense after Helen edited out her comments on men's skin.
Last edited by Moo on Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:13 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Rinsaikeru
Pawn, soon to be a Queen

Postby Rinsaikeru » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:10 pm UTC

I know a lot of people who swear by cetaphil. I've been meaning to try it, but the name sounds so medicinal I always end up talking myself out of it. Anyone use it?

I use spf 15 everyday all year, and spf 45 on my face in summer time. I'm super pale, so I need all the protection I can get to avoid tomatodom.
Rice Puddin.

PictureSarah
Secretary of Penile Nomenclature

Postby PictureSarah » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:01 pm UTC

I use Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer. I don't really like the cleanser, because I'm a bit obsessive-compulsive about washing my face, and I never feel clean enough unless I've scrubbed it red. The lotion, however, I love. So gentle, no fragrance that will sting sensitive skin, preps skin for makeup beautifully and is good alone. Best to add a bit of sunscreen to it, though. Often I'll use a St. Ives moisturizer with SPF15 as well, or something similar. I try to get oil-free things, but St. Ives doesn't test on animals, which I like. I love St. Ives apricot scrub.
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

lorenith

Postby lorenith » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:24 pm UTC

I do absolutely nothing with my face, except for scrub it in the shower. (without soap). I've found that whenever I make an effort to wash my face I get pimples in annoying places (like in the crease of my nose of between my chin and lips) so I'm happy to have a mildly greasy face rather than washing it and having sores on it.

I don't wear makeup either though, don't know how to put it on either, and find it to be a waste of time to even consider doing cause I don't really want to go through the trouble of buying it, then putting it on my face, and then washing it off later. Not to mention I constantly scratch/pick at/rub my face for whatever reason.

I think though in a way I just also hate having stuff on my face, I can't use chapstick and stuff like that either for my constantly dried out and bleeding lips. Chapstick makes my lips feel more dry, and stuff. I think it's just cause it covers up my lips with that thin oily coat and it bothers me that I can't feel anything with my lips anymore. (It's the same if I have to do stuff with my feet, I take my shoes off cause I like to be able to feel what I'm doing).

Rinsaikeru
Pawn, soon to be a Queen

Postby Rinsaikeru » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:48 pm UTC

Burt's Bees lip balm is my favourite. Especially the minty one. :D

I wash my face pretty much once a day at night, because i find it dries out too much if I wash it more than that.
Rice Puddin.

kellsbells
Queen of Cupcakes

Postby kellsbells » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:55 pm UTC

Rinsaikeru wrote:Burt's Bees lip balm is my favourite. Especially the minty one. :D
That stuff is wonderful. I also have some lip balm that Whole Foods makes... it is tangerine-scented and smells beyond delicious, as well as being super-moisturizing (I have dry skin) and not tested on animals and organic and all that wonderful stuff. I loves it very, very much.
A good pun is its own reword.
L wrote:A day without kells is a day not worth living.

shinybaby
In-Tents
Location: formerly Toronto, now London (Ontario)... anyone here??

Postby shinybaby » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:16 pm UTC

Rinsaikeru wrote:Burt's Bees lip balm is my favourite. Especially the minty one. :D

I wash my face pretty much once a day at night, because i find it dries out too much if I wash it more than that.
yes, this! :D to both... i'm a Burt's Bees addict! i love the lip balm (every variety i've tried, but the mint one is especially awesome!), the toner, the mani-pedi stuff... it's all wonderful!

i also only wash my face once a day... mostly in the morning, because it wakes me up and starts my day nicely. i like the routine of it... wash, tone, moisturize (with SPF 15 in the winter and SPF 30-45 in the summer). and i use a Bodyshop skin boost after my moisturizer. i have wicked combination skin, and i find the skin boost (it's lovely... like a gel! not greasy) makes my skin soft and neither dry nor oily! then if i feel like putting make up on i have a nice base, and if i don't feel like it, then i still feel like my skin looks great and is protected! :D

i like to think i'm investing in keeping my skin elastic, and it feels good to value myself a little every day! :) i'm in my 30s and i don't have any wrinkles yet, so... maybe it works?? :D
Gordon wrote:1) Meet Gordon
2) Deploy Gordon
3) ...
4) Profit!!!

crowey

Postby crowey » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:17 pm UTC

burts bees lipbalm is the shizze, I love the mint one, it tingles and isn't greasy/goopy :mrgreen:

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:03 am UTC

Also add me to the Burt's Bees fanclub!
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

explodingbbq

Postby explodingbbq » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:24 am UTC

I'd just like to point out that wearing sunscreen all the time is not necessarily the best of ideas. I don't have extremely up-to-date information, mainly because I'm lazy, but at least a couple of years ago, people were saying that while using sunscreen does protect against some kinds of cancers, it also prevents your body from making vitamin D (SPF 8 blocks 95% of vitamin D production or something), which suppresses other, possibly more dangerous, types of cancers. According to wikipedia (I know it's a bad source and the reference is from a long time ago), there was a campaign in Australia telling people to use more sunscreen. It was widely regarded as very effective, and the incidence of basal-cell and squamous cell carcinomas decreased, but the incidence of melanomas (which are apparently more lethal?) increased. They also became very vitamin D deficient. It obviously doesn't prove causation, but it makes some sort of sense. You also don't need much sun to make all the vitamin D that you need - it's something like 20 minutes on your hands and face. But I know a lot of people who put on sunscreen when they wake up in the morning before doing anything else, so they might not even be getting that.

And feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about that. I could look up stuff on pubmed, but wikipedia is ever so much easier. :)

Flying Betty

Postby Flying Betty » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:25 am UTC

I wash my face 1-2 times a day with St Ives Olive Soap. That stuff is like a miracle for me. My skin is super oily and super sensitive, so it's virtually impossible to hit a balance between actually getting my skin clean and not irritating the hell out of it, but this stuff does. Then I use my medicines (Retin-A at night, topical antibiotic in the morning), followed by moisturizer (Clinique's yellow gel. I can't use anything that's even the slightest bit greasy or it feels yicky all day. I really love whatever moisturizer they have that's light green and really, really light feeling, but it costs twice as much) In the morning, I use Clinique sunblock (Hey, their products and my skin get along. Ordinarily I would only use the sunblock if I was going to be outside for any length of time, but the medicine makes my skin a lot more sensitive to sunlight. And I already look five years younger than I really am and would sort of like to keep it that way until I'm old enough that it becomes a good thing, which means nice skin). And finally comes foundation. When my stupid acne finally gets all the way better my morning skin routine will become about 80 percent shorter. (Splash water on face. Leave.) Unfortunately, my skin went haywire when I was about 21 and I've been fighting with it ever since.

Ugh. I was *so* hormonal at work today. I could feel my blood pressure rising from the stress of not bursting into tears at the stupid little things that were setting me off. I think I need a hug and some chocolate.
Belial wrote:The future is here, and it is cyberpunk as hell.

Rinsaikeru
Pawn, soon to be a Queen

Postby Rinsaikeru » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:56 am UTC

I wear sunscreen on my face every day--but that doesn't mean I have it on my hands and arms every day. I'm relatively certain I'm ok for Vitamin D.
Rice Puddin.

hermaj

Postby hermaj » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:10 am UTC

explodingbbq wrote:*stuff*

Errr... yeah, I don't think that's quite right. I live in Australia, for one, and they still tell us to put sunscreen on all the time, and I haven't ever seen a campaign about vitamin D. "Very deficient" is either incorrect or exaggeration - not on your part, probably on the part of the source of your information. I can reassure you it's not like it's a national crisis and we're all running around with rickets and stuff. :P

Also worth taking into consideration is that a lot of people apply suncream in the morning but don't reapply it, so say if you're walking home from work in the afternoon, you'd get your vitamin D from the sun then. And if people are really worried they can supplement their vitamin D intake with oily fish and milk.

EDIT: And what Rinsaikeru said, about not every part of the body being covered in suncream.

baker's kilobyte

Postby baker's kilobyte » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:54 am UTC

You can also get Vitamin D in pill form. I think 1000 International Units is the recommended dosage, but don't quote me.

Also, what's the best way to gain weight? (Sorry for the bit of non sequitor.) I've been trying for about a year without much result. Does anyone have any advice on this?

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:17 am UTC

baker's kilobyte wrote:Also, what's the best way to gain weight? (Sorry for the bit of non sequitor.) I've been trying for about a year without much result. Does anyone have any advice on this?

you're a really thin person who is thin no matter what, aren't you.</jealous>

Well, I gain weight by just living. I'm sure I can give you tips...
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

blue_eyedspacemonkey

Postby blue_eyedspacemonkey » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:46 am UTC

Ugh, I hate this (this is a rant, but to do with girl time, hence it being here). I was feeling good this morning, looking forward to the day. I was speaking to my boy this, suggested an idea, he pointed out a problem and and made several alternatives ideas, all equally viabel/sensible/not bad.
The right reaction to this is not to want to cry.
I am constantly moody, without the break of girl week (due to the minipill stopping these things) to give me relief. Any ideas on how to stop this? I've tried evening primrose oil, and now I'm taking Vitamin B, which I was told by my previous doctor is scientifically proven to help the mood swings.
I know its just probably because I have a lot on my mind now, and I'll be fine in a couple of months, but I hate feeling so stupid, getting upset over nothing :(

/pointless rambling rant.
"Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes"

So. Twitter

Moo

Postby Moo » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:52 am UTC

*hugs* for adult acne sufferers, and mood swing victims. I had acne as a young adult (18, 19) and that was hard enough; it sucks; but FlyingBetty if I may say you looked pretty when I saw you! I don't even recall noticing acne. Your hair is cool. And mood swings... well.. what can I say, other than "here's the chocolate"?

I'm having mooncup-and-possibly-polyp issues :? I had to take out my mooncup today because it was hurting me so, so bad - I speculate that it may have been putting pressure on the spot where whatever's wrong, is wrong. It was fine yesterday, but this morning no matter how I inserted it, after about 30 seconds it would make me double over. So I was late for work so I could stop and buy pads (I didn't mean to run out of disposable sanitary wear at home for emergencies, the mooncup is just so damn convenient, I forgot). I think I'll skip the mooncup until I know more about what's going on inside. I am not pleased.

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:40 pm UTC

*hugs for moo*

Though that vaguely reminded me of something I learned not long ago. Apparently women can be kicked in the ovaries to the same effect that men can be kicked in the balls. It's just a lot harder to achieve.

crowey

Postby crowey » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:20 pm UTC

I've never been kicked in the ovaries, but I've had a bad one to the pubic bone and my god I was on the floor feeling sick.

Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby Felstaff » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:30 pm UTC

I've been kicked in the balls. I have also fallen out of a tree onto a bicycle frame...with the chaps taking the brunt of the fall.

Prohint: Don't ever get kicked in the ovaries.
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

Moo

Postby Moo » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:49 pm UTC

Felstaff wrote:Prohint: Don't ever get kicked in the ovaries.
That is why I personally have cleverly hidden them in my abdomen and protected them with several layers of shock-absorbing bodyfat *feels smug*.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:04 pm UTC

lucky.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Moo

Postby Moo » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:07 pm UTC

*hug*

Sprocket
Seymour

Postby Sprocket » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:31 pm UTC

Quixotess wrote:What?! So I do need gunk just to remove the gunk. This strikes me as silly. *grumbles*
I knew there were things I liked about you.

I am SO not a girl. I know NOTHING about skin care. I should probably use moisturizer or something as I'm going to be 30 in three years, but I'm affraid it will give me zits or that it's actually a huge racket that CAUSES wrinkles and everyone thinks they need it and that it makes it better, but it's actually making it worse. (yes, I'm a bit paranoid) I want to learn about moisturizer and stuff though, but just buying random things seems like a waste of money to me, plus I have no proof as to if something is working or not.

MY REAL QUESTION: How much does planned parrent hood charge for birth control?
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
Zohar wrote: Down with the hipster binary! It's a SPECTRUM!

H.E.L.e.N.
Cheesy-tuna-bacon-pickle?

Postby H.E.L.e.N. » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:18 pm UTC

existential_elevator wrote:Though that vaguely reminded me of something I learned not long ago. Apparently women can be kicked in the ovaries to the same effect that men can be kicked in the balls. It's just a lot harder to achieve.

I have been kicked in the crotch (dead-on in the ladyparts, seated). It took a fair amount of time to feel normal again.

Sprocket wrote:but I'm affraid it will give me zits or that it's actually a huge racket that CAUSES wrinkles and everyone thinks they need it and that it makes it better, but it's actually making it worse. (yes, I'm a bit paranoid) I want to learn about moisturizer and stuff though, but just buying random things seems like a waste of money to me, plus I have no proof as to if something is working or not.

I don't think it's paranoid, really -- not that it gives you wrinkles, but that it's all a plot to get your skin hooked on a product, so it'll have withdrawal symptoms if you *don't* use it. My criteria for moisturizer is that it says 'oil free' on it somewhere, and it works if my skin isn't dry or red. Otherwise...whatever. You look good anyway.

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:41 pm UTC

Sprocket wrote:
Quixotess wrote:What?! So I do need gunk just to remove the gunk. This strikes me as silly. *grumbles*
I knew there were things I liked about you.

I am SO not a girl. I know NOTHING about skin care. I should probably use moisturizer or something as I'm going to be 30 in three years, but I'm affraid it will give me zits or that it's actually a huge racket that CAUSES wrinkles and everyone thinks they need it and that it makes it better, but it's actually making it worse. (yes, I'm a bit paranoid) I want to learn about moisturizer and stuff though, but just buying random things seems like a waste of money to me, plus I have no proof as to if something is working or not.

a) Seriously. The whole idea is backwards.
b) You are still a girl. (Or woman if you prefer.)
c) It...really varies. Some of it's covered by your insurance. When I went, I told them I didn't have insurance (I'm actually covered by my dad, but I was in a situation I didn't want my parents to know about) and based on my income (I had a part time job, $7000/year) I got birth control pills for free. If you're uninsured they have a sliding scale based on your income. You need to call them to get information about what you would qualify for and what you have to bring (sometimes, you actually need to bring your birth certificate).
Raise up the torch and light the way.

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:49 pm UTC

Artemisia wrote:Do you really discuss your sex life with acquaintances?

Um, clearly you were unaware of things like the Boston meetup thread. For quite a few of us, there's a huge amount of overlap between friends/acquaintances and forumites. So for instance I need not ever discuss something with any of those people in person for them to know about it, if I ever posted about it on here somewhere.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:55 pm UTC

gmalivuk wrote:
Artemisia wrote:Do you really discuss your sex life with acquaintances?

Um, clearly you were unaware of things like the Boston meetup thread. For quite a few of us, there's a huge amount of overlap between friends/acquaintances and forumites. So for instance I need not ever discuss something with any of those people in person for them to know about it, if I ever posted about it on here somewhere.

I talk to all of you about my sex life. You're all acquaintances.

PictureSarah
Secretary of Penile Nomenclature

Postby PictureSarah » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:38 pm UTC

Sprocket wrote:

That is a question that we can't answer here. It depends on the kind of birth control (pill, patch, ring, shot), whether or not you have insurance, etc. There is a Planned Parenthood in Davis Square about a 10 minute walk from where you live. This is from their website:

Some birth control services may be covered by your insurance. If you want to use your insurance, please be sure to bring in your insurance information at the time of your visit.
Medicaid accepted.
MassHealth accepted.
If you are uninsured, you may qualify for a state-funded program or a lower fee scale. Please bring the following documents:
pay stub
photo ID
proof of residence
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

crowey

Postby crowey » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:11 pm UTC

Sprocket wrote: or that it's actually a huge racket that CAUSES wrinkles and everyone thinks they need it and that it makes it better, but it's actually making it worse. (yes, I'm a bit paranoid)

Not so paranoid. Some of the anti wrinkle ones work by making your face swell ever so slightly so that your skin is stretched tighter. Ultimately this leads to your skin becoming baggier and more wrinkly, so needing more/stronger anti wrinkle cream....and the cycle continues...

edit to fix quote :|
Last edited by crowey on Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:30 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Rinsaikeru
Pawn, soon to be a Queen

Postby Rinsaikeru » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:37 pm UTC

Ick, remind me never to use wrinkle cream. I just moisturize and sunscreen--I'm more concerned with skin health than wrinkles. I figure, laugh lines are tolerable things in the long run.

You know, this cycle, I'm off by like a week. I find in spring and autumn my regularly scheduled 24.5 day cycle goes kerblooey for one cycle and resets. Does anyone else experience anything similar to this?
Rice Puddin.

Return to “General”