[SAFESPACE] Woman Thread - All Things Women. Period.

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Cassi

Re: [SAFESPACE] Woman Thread-The thread that gives (every month)

Postby Cassi » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:27 pm UTC

Fun fact: I just learned two seconds ago how to type # on my laptop. Also ¢! This is exciting... ∞§¶•ªº–≠œ∑´®†¥¨^øπ“‘åß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬…æ«`Ω≈ç√∫~÷≥≤µ~

...I am never going to remember where all of those were, but that was quite an informative and fun minute.
une see wrote:Cass, YOU are my favorite!

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:23 am UTC

£ that was tricky w/o a number pad! But I have it now! :D Cassi - for me # is shift + 3. I'd rather have £ though.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

Cassi

Postby Cassi » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:11 am UTC

As I've just discovered, # is alt+3. € is alt+2, £ shift+3, $ shift+4.
une see wrote:Cass, YOU are my favorite!

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:18 am UTC

An update on the Lush soap thing for eternal luna: I switched sides today, and the right one (now Dove instead of Lush) still smells a bit more than the left. Only a little more, though. Evidence would indicate that the difference between the two soaps, if it exists, is minimal at the end of the day.

If I'm patient enough, I might try again tomorrow. Wash both sides with Dove, then only one with Lush after that. That would control for the Dove getting pits cleaner than the Lush does. Or maybe I've had enough of burying my nose in my pits after work. >.<
The Supreme Ethical Rule: Act so as to elicit the best in others and thereby in thyself.
- Felix Adler, professor, lecturer, and reformer (13 Aug 1851-1933)

L.B.

Postby L.B. » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:54 am UTC

I remember writing entire spanish papers using the alt+number keystrokes because I was running linux at the time and couldn't configure my keyboard. Now i don't trust "friends" with my computer. Windows works fine, thank you. And comes with help guides.

In terms of smelly soaps: I have an intense and undying love for smelling like... /stuff/, and i've never had any problems with Lush products increasing any smelliness except for that lovely lush-smell it all has. I also own no less than four smells of deodorant to match up with my smell-concept, so that might have a lot to do with it. I'm going to not ramble anymore now.

blackrose

Postby blackrose » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:34 am UTC

Whoa, no posts for a day.

Anyway, all my girl stuff is pretty stable right now. I got a cool dress a few days ago. I wish my male friend would get back from his trip to Europe. He's been gone for about a month already.
I don't watch 24 hour news channels because they are retarded.

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:45 am UTC

One last post about soaps, since I'm now thoroughly tired of smelling my own armpits.

I washed both pits with Dove today, then washed the left with Lush soap. Tonight, the left smells slightly worse than the right. Sort of sharper, a more *forward* musky scent. >.<

I suspect that the Lush soap might be somewhat more friendly to body bacteria. Whether this is a good or a bad thing, it seems to add slightly more end-of-day odour to the pits than, well, Dove, which was my only other soap during this test. Then again, I recall reading about someone who had their acne clear up significantly after switching to Dove. Maybe Dove is just really good at the anti-bacterial thing -- but that wouldn't explain today's result.

Meh. Whatever. Ima wash pits with Dove from now on, and Lush anywhere else I want to.
The Supreme Ethical Rule: Act so as to elicit the best in others and thereby in thyself.
- Felix Adler, professor, lecturer, and reformer (13 Aug 1851-1933)

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:10 am UTC

went shopping today
got a great rain coat (my first one)
and a hot! corset (my first one!)
i feel so succesful...
ImageImageImageImageImage

eternal luna

Postby eternal luna » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:26 am UTC

Pics? You don't have to be in them, but that would be a bonus. :)
Alexius:-Охуели? Нахуя дохуя хуйний нахуярили? Расхуяривай нахуй!
-Хули? Нихуя! Нехуй расхуяривать! Нахуячено нехуёво! Похуярили!
Gojoe: We are all inferior to you luna.

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:55 am UTC

jacket
007.JPG
007.JPG (59.29 KiB) Viewed 5329 times

corset, ignore the armpits
003.JPG
003.JPG (67.52 KiB) Viewed 5328 times
ImageImageImageImageImage

eternal luna

Postby eternal luna » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:00 am UTC

Prettyprettypretty. I should stop buying LUSH stuff and books so that I could buy a corset.

Also: thanks, poxic. It's good to have someone confirm it on way or the other.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:37 pm UTC

I so want to get a corset! Here's hoping that one day I'll be able to.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:25 pm UTC

oooh pretty! I want a corset too! Can you put something underneath it though? I'm not comfortable enough with myself to just wear a corset like that.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq

eternal luna

Postby eternal luna » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:29 pm UTC

Often people wear pretty blouses underneath. I'll see if I can find a photo...
Spoiler:
chemise.jpg
chemise.jpg (41.46 KiB) Viewed 5235 times
Not sure how that'd look with an overbust, though.

PictureSarah
Secretary of Penile Nomenclature

Postby PictureSarah » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:37 pm UTC

Here's an overbust with a peasant blouse looking top underneath it. I think it works fairly well.
Spoiler:
bridalbouquetdeluxeens1.jpg
bridalbouquetdeluxeens1.jpg (92.96 KiB) Viewed 5222 times
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:05 pm UTC

oooh cool! I have never seen blouses like that before actually. I must live in a hole.

diotimajsh

Postby diotimajsh » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:03 pm UTC

Pretty! suffer-cait's corset and the other pic's posted too. Huzzah.
Osha wrote:Foolish Patriarchy! Your feeble attempts at social pressure have no effect on my invincible awesomeness! Bwahahahaa

Blog type thing

crickets

Postby crickets » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:14 am UTC

Suffer-cait! YOU'RE NOT WEARING PANTS!!! I approve of this pants-less-ness. Actually, Denby noticed it first. She's like that.

As a side note:
My boobs are too big!!! ARRRRRGH. I can't afford to go buy all new bras. I have the feeling i've upped to a 40 D from my previous 38 B, and i'm pisssssed. Mostly cause i know they won't stay this way unless i stay on the pill...

Anyhow.
I'm done now.
SecondTalon wrote:Virtue may be it's own reward, but so are Skittles.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:48 am UTC

You can find 40Ds. I know because I have a number of them in my house. I need to find 44Cs with my fake tits on... and like 42AA without them.

And yes. No pants. :D
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

semicharmed

Postby semicharmed » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:04 am UTC

@crickets: I highly, highly, highly recommend these, the most comfortable bra I've ever owned. Macy's also has them, and they come in 40D.
I wear a 38D, and they're the only bra I've owned in a long time — since I was 11 or 12 and a 34-something-or-other — that are completely and totally comfortable. And don't need to be adjusted. Ever. I rarely, if ever, have to wrangle the girls back into the cups. Even if I'm leaning over. Or chasing after people. The first couple of days I wore them out and about, I was amazed.
And they're lacy and sexy. Which is always a plus.

Rinsaikeru
Pawn, soon to be a Queen

Postby Rinsaikeru » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:56 am UTC

I'm a bra buying addict...I deliberately avoid the shop I get my bras from nowadays--because I don't actually neeed more bras. But I sure want more.

G cups aren't cheap---the extra fabric is negligible, they shouldn't be that much more expensive. *grumble*
Rice Puddin.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:26 am UTC

So...what to look for in a bra? I am thinking I need some new ones...mine are too small I have realized. I should really go get the right size this time. I need to find a store with nice old ladies to help with if they are fitting right haha. Recommendations? (I do not know where a Macy's is around here, semicharmed)

Rinsaikeru
Pawn, soon to be a Queen

Postby Rinsaikeru » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:52 am UTC

Well in terms of shop finding, your best bet for a good fitting really is a smaller specialized shop. I've never had a proper fitting at a department store or chain lingerie store.

For a good fit:

-Snug band (one or two fingers should fit under there--but you shouldn't have much give)
-The centre of the bra in the front should sit flat against the chest wall
-There should be no extra breast over the top or out the sides.
-Don't get hung up on band or cup size--think about fit and comfort! :D
Rice Puddin.

semicharmed

Postby semicharmed » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:03 am UTC

I got properly sized by a little old lady in a shop full of little old ladies.
And carefully paid attention to the style/cut of the bras they picked out, and asked lots of questions. And then walked out, because $60/bra was a leeetle bit out of my price range, but kept in mind the style & cut.
Doesn't have to be a Macy's, that was just the first shop we hit that day (bras were part of my Christmas present from my mom), and the bra I linked too was actually the first one I tried on. It looked very similar to the ones that had been picked out for me, and lo & behold, it fit. And with the buy 2, get 1, worked out to $20/bra. So I got 6.
I know that JC Penny's & Dillards, and probably Kohl's and other department stores of that nature (nothing super fancy) carry Vanity Fair. If you're not able to find a lingerie-type shop, I'd definitely recommend taking some measurements at home before you go, picking out the department store nearest you with the largest bra selection, and trying on everything. The try on everything strategy is why I used to HATE bra shopping, but unless you find a really knowledgeable shop assistant, it's probably your best option.
I've never had any luck at Victoria's Secret, and the few times I've bought bras from Target or WalMart they end up stretching or otherwise not fitting comfortably for more than a few hours at a time, which is why I recommend a department store.
Without knowing what approximate size you are, and how your boobs hang (maybe a poor choice of words, but I don't know a better one), I can't really give any more specific suggestions as to what kind of cup you should be looking at.
I know what I need/like/find comfortable, and I know why, but that won't necessarily work for you. I'm trying to hunt up some good illustrations of different bra styles, but I'm not finding anything that's actually helpful.

Also: Rin's fitting advice is spot on.

Isotope_238

Postby Isotope_238 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:59 am UTC

I need to rant a little. Feel free to skip this post.

Spoiler:
I've had almost sixteen years of being reasonably comfortable with my body. Now, quite suddenly, it's not all that great. It all started with the ovarian torsion. Then I was put on birth control pills, and my menstrual cycle (never enjoyable, but bearable) is going out of its way to screw with me. I'd never even heard of uterine chunks before I went on the pill, and then I had to deal with giant slimy things falling out of my vagina. Then there are people telling me that eventually, I will want children and I've got a biological clock. I really can't express how sick I find that.
I've also gained seven pounds, and it all seems to be in my hips. I've never weighed over 120 pounds in my life, and now my butt is too wide to fit on my bicycle seat and I'm not happy. I don't want to be curvy. I don't want hips or a bust. I'm not overweight for my height or anything. I'm annoyed with myself for being so obsessed about this, too. I know I shouldn't be, but I am.
I've also been told that I'm working myself into a nervous breakdown or stress-induced anorexia with summer school (one class!). I want to do everything I'm doing for school. I'm not in sports or any extracurricular activities, unless you count marching band this summer and fall, and maybe concert band next winter and spring. I don't want to cut anything out of my schedule; there's nothing that's really dispensable. I know I'm working hard, but accusing me of turning into a basket case is a little extreme. I know how to explain it, but the explanation would only convince people that I really am losing it: my mind is what I've got. My body is screwing me over, so I've got to use my mind because my body isn't that great.
I never thought I'd be one of those girls who can't see anything good in the mirror. I hate this.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:08 pm UTC

*hugs for isotope*

GraphiteGirl
Alpha Male

Postby GraphiteGirl » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:16 pm UTC

Oh gods Isotope, you are so not alone. *hugs*
Related rant, spoilered for whine and annoying body image woes that probably belong in the rant thread instead of here:
Spoiler:
I just finished my exam period and weighed myself for the first time in about a month, and oh yay, I've put on about three and a half kilos. (I'm 5'2" and a bit - it really makes a difference.) And just when I was gleeful about exactly the shape I was, for the first time in as long as I can remember. I like being curvy and having hips and a butt. I like filling out tops. I do not like it when the waistband of my jeans is tight and I have to either consider buying new bras or actually, y'know, exercising. That's what I get for indulging every single pre-exam chocolate craving, and being a generally sedentary being.
What's worse, though, is that at the back of my mind is the charming little voice bellowing, "Christ on a cupcake, it's just a couple kilos! You have a life, you have friends and talents and family and hobbies and good books to read and a fun male to enjoy, and you're wasting mental space on this? What the hell, woman! I expected better of you! Go to your superego room."

Dammit, and I'm so good at giving friends body-image pep talks.
Sandry wrote:Man, my commitment to sparkle motion is waaaaay lower than you are intimating.

LL Cool J
___ and ___

Postby LL Cool J » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:28 pm UTC

*hugs for Isotope and GraphiteGirl*

Just popped in to say that I was looking through Sydney meetup photos on facebook, and PAULA I LOVE YOUR STOCKINGS WHERE DID YOU GET THEM?
That is all.
Rippy wrote:Slogan: "Beauty. Grace. Fluticasone propionate. Inhale twice daily."

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:23 pm UTC

I am having exactly what Graphite Girl is having. Well, 'cept I'm a bit shorter [er, a lot shorter?], and really now having a huge mindfuck with sizes. I've realised, I think, that it's all about styles, but even still. I mean, I'm looking for work clothes, right? I'm in Topshop, and I'm currently wearing their size 6 jeans, but their size 8 trousers are miles too small. I mean, what the hell? So I go to DP [on the advice of my SO's short mother; getting a fitting leg length is such a drag and it's been a real while since I've shopped in any meaningful way] and try on an 8 and a 10. I honestly, honestly could not tell you which was meant to be bigger. Both were a little tight, but you know when something is just a little tight and going up a size would drown you? I really can't get my head around that. I got the 10 in the end because I preferred the style. But. Yeah, it's so weird. I'm guessing that a 6-8 is fine on me if something sits at the hips, but if it's on the waist then I'm looking at a 10-12. You'd think I was growing out disproportionately, but my actual waist size is 27inches. Why does it make no sense?

I really hate clothes shopping. I think all this trousers malarkey is a good reason to just buy dresses all the time, especially from charity shops. Would that work for smart, work-like situations?

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:42 pm UTC

I really should find more XKCD people for my facebook.

Spacemilk

Postby Spacemilk » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:08 pm UTC

suffer-cait wrote:what ever happened to milk's kittens?

Oooh I need to post more pictures! About two weeks ago I found a home for them, with my parents, which was great because I was moving to another apartment complex where the pet deposit is $600/pet, mostly non-refundable. Yikes! So I was extremely worried until my parents stepped in and said they would take them.

Anyway, my parents have been giving me daily updates and it sounds like they are adapting great to their new parents. When they left me they were getting into the super-cute super-active stage where they try to climb or play with everything. (they loooooved climbing my shower curtains while I was in there >.< freaked me out the first time) They were eating solid food by the time they left. They also got used to using the litter box perfectly after one or two accidents.

spoiler'd for semi-gross:
Spoiler:
If you happen to litter-train a kitten, pro tip: Shoving their face in their own feces (which is what some sites recommended, ugh, unbelievable) is NOT necessary. I didn't do this and my kittens learned just fine with a minimum of accidents. God I can't believe people even suggest this. /rant off

Anyway I have promises from my parents to get them spayed and neutered once they're old enough, they have all their shots and they are in great health. So I am happy! :D And I think this experience has taught me that it's very possible and relatively easy to take care of rescued animals, so once I get my own house and don't have to abide by insane apartment rules, I'm going to start acting as a rescued-animal foster parent.

Other random stuff:

Moom and DivaCup orders both came in last Friday. DivaCup will get used in the next few days for my incoming Shark Week.

I gave the Moom a go on Saturday. I have never waxed before. I've had people tell me it's painful and worth it, it's not painful and definitely worth it, and all variety of things like that. So I decided to do my bikini line, as that's the area I hate shaving most since I get red bumps. Oh my god, it was PAINFUL. I bled. I bruised. (I have two weirdly-shaped, hickey-looking bruises along my bikini line. Not pretty.) I did not cry but I made some funny noises. I'm sure it's partially because I was doing it wrong and didn't know what I was doing, but it hurt. That being said, I stayed smooth for longer than a day which is not how it goes when I shave. So I think it was worth the pain, and next time I'll try to be more careful or something so I don't bruise. The bikini line took over an hour of whimpering pain, so when I finished I decided to forego doing my legs and just shaved them instead. With practice it should get better!

Also, the "One More Life" people, with their "don't use BC" crap, annoy the hell out of me. As someone who has an absolutely awful period without BC (cramps to the point where I cry, faint, and am completely incapacitated; extreme nausea and vomiting; starting times vary by up to a week; the *worst* mood swings and PMS, to the point whereI cry or have a tear-filled breakdown for no reason whatsoever) I honestly tried for about two years to find an alternative to BC. I tried eating well, exercising, getting lots of sleep, took special vitamins, completely changed my diet multiple times based on doctor's recommendations - I was the picture of good health *except* for when I got Shark Week. I even tried the whole naproxen sodium thing (by doctor's orders) which didn't help at all. This whole thing has gotten soooo much better since I got on BC a few months ago. I can actually function when I get Shark Week.
Last edited by Spacemilk on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:11 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
milk from space is good for you!

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:09 pm UTC

on the jeans/trousers rant...
Yeah. Seriously. Some brands I am a 12. Others I cannot squeeze into a 16! Silly "hip-hugger" things don't even come up to my hips and skinny legs HAHAHHAHAHA yeah right. I like straight leg cut best. I did find that getting petites helped with my short torso because the rise is shorter. But my legs are normal/maybe an inch longer than normal therefore I need long petites which can be hard to find. I have found the only place I can find pants that fit is from Land's End online. Luckily, you can return to any Sear's store for free, so I overbuy and then return. On Land's End, I'm a 14P so I can get those and know they will fit then get the pants that you can hem to any length so I can put them to 32.5 inches which is perfect. :D

Isotope_238

Postby Isotope_238 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:12 pm UTC

Wow, I'm so not alone. I feel much better now. *hugs for everyone!!!*

Cytoplasm

Postby Cytoplasm » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:15 pm UTC

suffer-cait wrote:jacket

Spoiler:
007.JPG

I have a coat exactly like that minus that it's silver...let me find a picture! I have one somehwere...
¡No tengo miedo a fantasmas!

Spoiler:
Cytoplasm: I have catoragized some of my family into lolcats.
Felstaff: For a drudging Thursday afternoon, that level of cuteness has really made my day. Can... Can I keep you?

Felstaff wrote:
Cytoplasm wrote:shannonigans

<3

PictureSarah
Secretary of Penile Nomenclature

Postby PictureSarah » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:29 pm UTC

While we're ranting about pants. WHAT THE FUCK OLD NAVY? I own several pairs of your jeans. I quite like them. I know that I wear a size 12 in the "sweetheart" bootcut style. So why don't I wear a size 12 in the "flirt" bootcut style? I can just manage to button them, but in no way is it pretty or comfortable. One would think that IN THE SAME STORE I would wear the same size across the board. Dammit.

Also, on "low-cut" styles. They annoy me. It annoys me that a lot of my favorite styles of pants are not available in "classic" cut or "mid-rise." I do not want to be pulling up my pants all day. If I buy them tight enough that I don't have to pull them up all day, I have love handles that blob over the top of my pants in a most unflattering fashion. GRRRRR.

Also, fuck Victoria's Secret and every other store that either doesn't offer petite sizes, or offers petite sizes where the inseam is still over 30 inches. I do not wear high heels with jeans, and I resent the implication that I am supposed to.
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

Cytoplasm

Postby Cytoplasm » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:34 pm UTC

To complain about clothes: I do wish I fit into my shorts. I gained ten pounds from the pill and I don't fit into any of them. I went from 133 lbs to 143. I usually don't fluxuate much.. so it will be difficult to lose weight. I think I have been trying for two or three weeks so far. Nothing yet.

Oh yes! The coat!

silver hawt coat.JPG
When my beard was shorter ^^
silver hawt coat.JPG (13.4 KiB) Viewed 4731 times
¡No tengo miedo a fantasmas!

Spoiler:
Cytoplasm: I have catoragized some of my family into lolcats.
Felstaff: For a drudging Thursday afternoon, that level of cuteness has really made my day. Can... Can I keep you?

Felstaff wrote:
Cytoplasm wrote:shannonigans

<3

Virtual_Aardvark

Postby Virtual_Aardvark » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:06 pm UTC

A little while ago someone posted a video/documentary about a post transition woman. I thought you might be interested in this little analysis. http://tigerbeatdown.blogspot.com
"imaginary gardens with real toads in them"
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:An actual cloud... full of lesbians.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:58 pm UTC

Thank you. I've been looking for a good rebuttal of that clip...

Rinsaikeru
Pawn, soon to be a Queen

Postby Rinsaikeru » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:39 pm UTC

Spacemilk wrote:Other random stuff:

Moom and DivaCup orders both came in last Friday. DivaCup will get used in the next few days for my incoming Shark Week.

I gave the Moom a go on Saturday. I have never waxed before. I've had people tell me it's painful and worth it, it's not painful and definitely worth it, and all variety of things like that. So I decided to do my bikini line, as that's the area I hate shaving most since I get red bumps. Oh my god, it was PAINFUL. I bled. I bruised. (I have two weirdly-shaped, hickey-looking bruises along my bikini line. Not pretty.) I did not cry but I made some funny noises. I'm sure it's partially because I was doing it wrong and didn't know what I was doing, but it hurt. That being said, I stayed smooth for longer than a day which is not how it goes when I shave. So I think it was worth the pain, and next time I'll try to be more careful or something so I don't bruise. The bikini line took over an hour of whimpering pain, so when I finished I decided to forego doing my legs and just shaved them instead. With practice it should get better!

Can I ask how long the hair was where you waxed? If the hair is too long you'll get more chances of irritation, bleeding--in my experience. I imagine it like a plug in an outlet. You're always told to pull from the plug not from the cord--if the wax/sugar affixes to the hair far from the root--there will have to be more force and movement to get the hair out than if it affixes close to the root. The best way to ensure it affixes close to the root is to have the hair about 1/4 inch long or there abouts.
Rice Puddin.

crickets

Postby crickets » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:13 pm UTC

Rinsaikeru wrote:Can I ask how long the hair was where you waxed? If the hair is too long you'll get more chances of irritation, bleeding--in my experience. I imagine it like a plug in an outlet. You're always told to pull from the plug not from the cord--if the wax/sugar affixes to the hair far from the root--there will have to be more force and movement to get the hair out than if it affixes close to the root. The best way to ensure it affixes close to the root is to have the hair about 1/4 inch long or there abouts.

That's the best analogy i've heard in a while.
Can we have an analogy of the day? I'd like that.
SecondTalon wrote:Virtue may be it's own reward, but so are Skittles.

Return to “General”