[SAFESPACE] Woman Thread - All Things Women. Period.

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

H.E.L.e.N.
Cheesy-tuna-bacon-pickle?

Postby H.E.L.e.N. » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:21 am UTC

apocralypse wrote:i was just reading up on all types of birth control and NONE of them sound like anything i want anything to do with. I am in a monogamous relationship and we use condoms everytime, so i dont really see why i need BC. The hormonal shift, the acne, the weight gain - those are all counter-productive to my physical goals atm. and i know not all types cause that but the ones that dont just look bothersome.

I put off trying the pill because I was terrified it would make me depressed...then my "normal" period went so wacky [zits, mood problems, unpredictability, pain, and more zits] that I decided the pill couldn't be worse, and might actually have advantages. Now I feel slightly clearer-skinned and a whole lot clearer-headed, which...shocks me. I seem to be adapting really well, and I wonder if my body was actually craving that extra dose of hormone.

[I'm not saying this would happen to anyone else, I just think this is the best place to share my experience.]

Also my boobs plumped up a little, which is quite nice (and whoever a few pages back said that was uncommon, I really don't think it is). They'd somehow been losing mass before that, which is crazy, because I hadn't lost any weight --

kilgore trout wrote:*cool stuff about Yaz*

As much as I like Yaz, I hated ortho-tri cyclen lo. The only plus was I had lighter periods, but my skin was a mess, and I had mood swings every time I switched between the three phases of pills.

So-the moral of the story is, I would give a pill about 3 months to see how I tolerated it, and what side affects occurred. If I wasn't happy after 3 months, I would switch.

I'm on Ortho-Tri Lo. I'm sorta kicking myself for not requesting Yaz, because I keep hearing awesome things about it. That's my plan though too...a few months to make sure it doesn't suck.

[Edit: is this new thread title a reference I'm missing? Because the first thing that pops into my head is Lil Kim saying 'this one goes out to my ----az in jail' and I don't think that's it at all.]

Ren
Rockin' Robin

Postby Ren » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:03 am UTC

Hey ladies! We're beating the guys' thread again! Woo!

Also: bleach, girlweek. *curls up in foetal position on bed*
MotleyJesster (12:34:04 PM): Better than moping around being all "I do not need love, I have indie music and a wind instrument!"

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:11 am UTC

Because you were all so helpful and nice, I must share this- both of our cameras died at the party so I have no pictures of me and my date, but here is one that he took of me just before we left. Alas, he did not get the shoes.

That's his little brother in the background, doing what he does best.

I really wish there had been better shots, I'm waiting to see what my friends upload to facebook.

God I love facebook.
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:23 am UTC

awww thats an awesome picture. i cant WAIT to bring the dotty dress to boston!!!!! *bouncing*

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

Swordfish
Weathermaaaaaaan!

Postby Swordfish » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:09 am UTC

Ren wrote:Hey ladies! We're beating the guys' thread again! Woo!

Ah, the guy thread sucks, that place is a real sausage-fest.

I'll go back to silently watching apocralypse bounce now.
"If I had a nickel for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke." Stephen Colbert

saxmaniac1987
Can't spell sex

Postby saxmaniac1987 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:13 am UTC

Swordfish wrote:
Ren wrote:Hey ladies! We're beating the guys' thread again! Woo!

Ah, the guy thread sucks, that place is a real bacon-fest.

I'll go back to silently watching apocralypse bounce now.

Fix'd

Swordfish
Weathermaaaaaaan!

Postby Swordfish » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:07 am UTC

R.I.P.

My sausage-fest joke.

August 14, 2007 0409 GMT - August 14, 2007 0413 GMT

Killed by saxmaniac, who obviously never heard the term "sausage-fest."

PictureSarah
Secretary of Penile Nomenclature

Postby PictureSarah » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:10 am UTC

Meaux_Pas wrote:Because you were all so helpful and nice, I must share this- both of our cameras died at the party so I have no pictures of me and my date, but here is one that he took of me just before we left. Alas, he did not get the shoes.

Awww, you look great! I think it looks better on you than it does on me fo sho.
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

Pseudomammal
Honored just to be nominated

Postby Pseudomammal » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:51 am UTC

Various people wrote:Boo talking during sex!

Seriously? Haven't any of you ever told your partners a story in bed? Or made them tell you one? And then teased them by derailing it as much as possible? Or plotted world domination together? Non-verbal states definitely have their perks, but "sexy" is all in the head, and language is so good for putting ideas in there...

Or maybe she and I were just freaks. But I'm still gonna take over the world.
Stop him! He's supposed to die!

Princess Marzipan

Postby Princess Marzipan » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:16 am UTC

Swordfish wrote:Killed by saxmaniac, who obviously never heard the term "sausage-fest."

This thread should be a clambake anyway, shouldn't it?
"It's Saturday night. I've got no date, a two-liter of Shasta, and my all-Rush mixtape. Let's rock!"
"I am just about to be brilliant!"
General_Norris, on feminism, wrote:If you lose your six Pokémon, you lost.

Swordfish
Weathermaaaaaaan!

Postby Swordfish » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:20 am UTC

CreemyNougat wrote:
Swordfish wrote:Killed by saxmaniac, who obviously never heard the term "sausage-fest."

This thread should be a clambake anyway, shouldn't it?

Well yeah, but my sausage-fest joke was directed at the man thread and was in response to Ren's post about how the woman thread surpassed the man thread.

jmrz
I am going to attempt to use this. I just have to wait for the opportune moment.

Postby jmrz » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:42 am UTC

I get rather vocal and the boy is rather quiet when we are being all intimate and stuff (have to wait for the pill to kick in before we can have sex, just to be safe). But noise is great, and it just turns me on more, apparently my noises have the same effect on him, so that works.

On another note, I wanted to slap one of the employee's at EB Games today. My boyfriend asked me to check how much his xbox live subscription would be if I was going near the shops (he works all day, so never gets home before they shut). So I went down there and walked in to the store and to the counter and asked the guy how much it was. His response? "Well, does he want the one with the headset or does he want the one without? If he has played online before he would probably want this one." This is without me even saying anything to this cashier about it being for my boyfriend, I was talking to my friend about it on the way in, but I didn't mention the name of what I was asking about and I could have easily been talking about something else, and besides, the guy was talking to his assistant person when I walked in. I doubt he heard me.

It was just the automatic assumption that it must have been for my boyfriend or a male friend or a brother or something. Okay, so this time it was, but hey, it COULD have been for ME. I mean, I go in there all the time to look around and buy games and I have never had that automatic assumption made before. Heaven forbid a girl would want to play games.
Alisto wrote:jmrz is awesome in ways that mere mortals cannot hope to comprehend.

Emmaskillz

Postby Emmaskillz » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:59 am UTC

jmrz wrote:I get rather vocal and the boy is rather quiet when we are being all intimate and stuff (have to wait for the pill to kick in before we can have sex, just to be safe). But noise is great, and it just turns me on more, apparently my noises have the same effect on him, so that works.

I'm the same. It makes it better for me and he loves it.

parkaboy

Postby parkaboy » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:02 am UTC

well, yeah you're going to get some noises but when we're going at it i prefer him to not vocalize in the form of conversation. complete sentences like "who's my dirty girl?" and "what do you want for lunch after this?" are one in the same in my book. just. shut. up.

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

Emmaskillz

Postby Emmaskillz » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:14 am UTC

Haha a girl I knew planned her english essay whilst having sex (not vocally) and she totally got A's for it.

Verator

Postby Verator » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:36 am UTC

"Female ejaculate is a fluid that is expelled from the body through the urethra during sexual activities. When released in small quantities it may be a mucous like fluid having a clear, milky, or yellowish coloration. As the volume of the expelled fluid increases it becomes like clear water. In small quantities it may have a distinct scent that is musky or pungent but when the fluid increases in volume and becomes clear there is no longer a detectable scent. The fluid contains PSA and PAP, which are produced in the female prostate. Some of the components found in it, urea and creatinine, are also found in urine, but in much lower concentrations than are found in regular urine. When female prostatic fluids are found in urine they are in much smaller concentrations than in present in female ejaculate. The fluid released during ejaculation and urination are not the same though they may share some of the same substances. As the volume and appearance of female ejaculate changes it is likely that its composition changes too.

Women who expel fluid during orgasm report the color, smell, consistency, and even taste, varies from one occurrence to the next. (It is safe for a person to taste their own ejaculate, and for couples who already exchange body fluids but not for couples needing to practice safe sex.) Some have found their menstrual cycle influences the type of fluid expelled. What you eat is likely to have an affect on it, as will how much liquid you have consumed. Some women report it is sometimes clear and odorless and other times thick and pungent. Others report it sometimes looks and smells like urine, which I have found to be true only when a woman tries too hard to ejaculate. It is safe to say most women's ejaculate will vary over time and during a single sexual episode."

You can read the whole page here.
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:06] Akira: but i want a penis ;_;
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:12] Mrcheesypants: let's face it, you aint below a 3 on a kingsley scale
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:36] Mrcheesypants: two sided dildos are like penises

Kawa

Postby Kawa » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:47 am UTC

Noises, faces, etc: I can get loud but I can quiet down when the need arises (people next door? general paranoia?) My default is loud, lots of whimpering and moaning and one-syllable things. He likes that. He has been getting more and more vocal (again, mostly heavy breathing and moaning etc) and I like the feedback. He rolls his head back a lot though, so I can't confirm/deny the angry faces option.

Pet Names, part 2: A is also "sweetie" or "honey" occasionally, generally when 爱人isn't an option (people don't get it, parents get confused when I use it because it kind of does sound like his name kinda-sorta, that sort of thing. He doesn't call me Kawa around the parentals either.) There's also the inside-joke-based ones, namely "Spanish Ninja Bodyguard" (a tabletop RP joke gone wrong) and "Mr. Dead Sexy" (his idea, not mine, not sure where that came from really) and "baron-cat" (The Cat Returns is awesome).
Kawa likes these things:
Spanish Ninja Bodyguard
math, anime, more!
Origami, Florida
New York, and xkcd.

parkaboy

Postby parkaboy » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:16 am UTC

awwww baron-cat ^_^ thats adorable.

Twasbrillig
Tawsbirlig

Postby Twasbrillig » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:39 am UTC

apocralypse wrote:awwww baron-cat ^_^ thats adorable.

Grumble grumble, Pockets is adorable. Grumble.
I want to have Bakemaster's babies. It's possible, with science.

I wonder if you can see...
...what is wrong with my signature?

wing wrote:I'm sorry... But that was THE funniest thing I've ever read on the interbutts.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:08 am UTC

Pseudomammal wrote:
Various people wrote:Boo talking during sex!

Seriously? Haven't any of you ever told your partners a story in bed? Or made them tell you one? And then teased them by derailing it as much as possible? Or plotted world domination together? Non-verbal states definitely have their perks, but "sexy" is all in the head, and language is so good for putting ideas in there...

Or maybe she and I were just freaks. But I'm still gonna take over the world.

yes yes, and yes....
Or how about quoted family guy loudly to scare the roommates? Or tried to force the other one to make a complete sentence while thoroughly distracted? Or tried to freak the other person out as best as possible (Winner said: 'Don't tell mom!' during sex. Eewww.)
Or just good, old-fashioned dirty talk. For the win.
You're not freaks, pseudomammal. Well, maybe you are. But so is everyone else.

saxmaniac1987
Can't spell sex

Postby saxmaniac1987 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:10 am UTC

Swordfish wrote:...

R.I.P.

My sausage-fest joke.

August 14, 2007 0409 GMT - August 14, 2007 0413 GMT

Killed by saxmaniac, who obviously never heard the term "sausage-fest."

Of course I know what a sausage fest is. And I agree wholly. But I felt compelled to replace the word sausage with bacon. A meat joke. ha.

Hawknc
Oompa Loompa of SCIENCE!

Postby Hawknc » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:15 am UTC

Meaux_Pas wrote:yes yes, and yes....
Or how about quoted family guy loudly to scare the roommates? Or tried to force the other one to make a complete sentence while thoroughly distracted? Or tried to freak the other person out as best as possible (Winner said: 'Don't tell mom!' during sex. Eewww.)
Or just good, old-fashioned dirty talk. For the win.
You're not freaks, pseudomammal. Well, maybe you are. But so is everyone else.

Freakishly AWESOME, maybe.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:27 am UTC

Meaux_Pas wrote:Or tried to freak the other person out as best as possible (Winner said: 'Don't tell mom!' during sex. Eewww.)

No, the winner would be "Thanks, Grandma!"
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:29 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
Meaux_Pas wrote:Or tried to freak the other person out as best as possible (Winner said: 'Don't tell mom!' during sex. Eewww.)

No, the winner would be "Thanks, Grandma!"

Eeeww. I prefer, 'Don't tell mom!' because the person who said it just sounded so damn convincing! It was really fucked up. I lol'd.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:31 am UTC

Wait, the object is to get a lol and not get "Jesus Christ, what the fuck is wrong with you?" and never see that person again?

Oh.. yeah, then Don't Tell Mom wins that round.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:36 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Wait, the object is to get a lol and not get "Jesus Christ, what the fuck is wrong with you?" and never see that person again?

Oh.. yeah, then Don't Tell Mom wins that round.

Yeah. Generally never seeing that person again is a bad thing, especially if I've decided they're cool enough to sleep with. We aim for the lolz.

Pixel

Postby Pixel » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:26 pm UTC

Some people have a genuine gift of poetry, a way with words that surpasses beauty and touches the deepest parts of one's soul... and some people, um, thingy.

"Less bite, more wobble"

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:28 pm UTC

Inspired by "Pikachu, I choose you", one of my friends decided to start offering bets to his friends. Things people would have to say or do, without explanation, during sex. The payment for fulfillment was a steak dinner.

The SOs of our circle of friends got some really....interesting....experiences out of that.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:29 pm UTC

That's where that came from.. thanks Pixel! I knew I wasn't awesome enough to come up with the grandma thing.. and I fucked it up anyway..

refreshingapathy

Postby refreshingapathy » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm UTC

apocralypse wrote:The hormonal shift, the acne, the weight gain - those are all counter-productive to my physical goals atm. and i know not all types cause that but the ones that dont just look bothersome.

You should talk more in depth with your OB/GYN about the part I quoted.

If you get on an oral contraceptive (OC), you're getting two important things - estrogenic activity and androgenic activity. Estrogenic activity depends on the active ingredient and the dose, but is usually less than 35mcg/day of ethinyl estradiol. Androgenic activity varies by brand of OC. If you start an OC that is giving you those nasty side effects (ie acne, weight gain), you can usually talk to your doc about switching to something with less androgenic activity. There's a reason there are so many types of OCs - each woman has different hormone levels and therefore needs a slightly different formulation of OC.

Ok, so I work at a Pharmacy, and I have to do CE credits, and the one I did last night was on OCs. :-p

dschneider

Postby dschneider » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:55 pm UTC

Belial wrote:Inspired by "Pikachu, I choose you", one of my friends decided to start offering bets to his friends. Things people would have to say or do, without explanation, during sex. The payment for fulfillment was a steak dinner.

The SOs of our circle of friends got some really....interesting....experiences out of that.

We had a friend get his SO to say "I'm cuckoo for cocoa puffs" in bed once. There was beer instead of a steak dinner involved, but there was also an open phone line in the room... and another friend of ours worked at a radio station... you get the idea.
Could somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees?

Kawa

Postby Kawa » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:56 pm UTC

[touting NuvaRing horn] From what I understand, too, a lot of the hormonal weirdness has to do with the fact that you're getting it in fits and starts (which is why depo is so evil - you only get the hormones once every 3 months, so your body freaks out.) The nice thing about NuvaRing is that you're absorbing it gradually (and all the time), so the hormonal effect is much smaller overall. And you're not getting a smaller dose, just that it's spread out over the day without popping pills once every X hours. (Hey, without popping pills at all!) [/touting]

And Twas, Pockets *is* adorable. I still prefer my baron-cat though.
Kawa likes these things:
Spanish Ninja Bodyguard
math, anime, more!
Origami, Florida
New York, and xkcd.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:58 pm UTC

I knew I'd heard the grandma thing before! I love QC. I am wayyy to much like Faye.

But I maintain, 'Don't Tell Mom!' is a bit more disturbing, because perhaps it's a bit less funny. Maybe just to me.

Then there was the great time I managed to slip in the most obscure Family Guy reference ever- 'Uhhh Yes I want the coffee cake.'

Disturbing, no. Confusing as hell? Yes.

Oh and quick show of hands, and be honest- How many of you have said 'Giggity!' during sex?

dschneider

Postby dschneider » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:00 pm UTC

Meaux_Pas wrote:Oh and quick show of hands, and be honest- How many of you have said 'Giggity!' during sex?

...Twice. I regret nothing.
Could somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees?

Bugs

Postby Bugs » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:01 pm UTC

[Edit] this only makes sense if I establish that I'm a guy. Sorry to invade your thread, but it just smells so much nicer than the males' one[/edit]
jmrz wrote:It was just the automatic assumption that it must have been for my boyfriend or a male friend or a brother or something.

My ex-girlfriend has a car that's her pride and joy; she bought it outright from her savings and maintains it lovingly. When it needed any professional work done she would phone and book it in, she'd drive the car to the garage, she'd be obviously holding the car keys and then she'd start talking to the mechanics... who would then address their replies to me. Even those who managed to catch on to my subtle hints (such as "It's not my car, it's [name]'s") would usually only grudgingly address her, and were careful not to get remotely technical. As you'd imagine, this led to quite a lot of anger. Damn bigots...

As for the sex talk: In uni halls it was a given that all your nocturnal activities were overheard and gossiped about by all of your neighbours. Several of us therefore took to shouting things like "With a MELON!?" at oppertune moments. But "You've got your mothers nipples" is undoubtedly the greatest ever.
Last edited by Bugs on Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:03 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
...or is it?

Pixel

Postby Pixel » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:02 pm UTC

Meaux_Pas wrote:Oh and quick show of hands, and be honest- How many of you have said 'Giggity!' during sex?

I can safely say I've never even uttered that word. I wouldn't begin to know how to pronounce it.

I do have a strong urge, the next time I'm having sex doggy style, to say "Ooh, cake!"
Last edited by Pixel on Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:07 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Some people have a genuine gift of poetry, a way with words that surpasses beauty and touches the deepest parts of one's soul... and some people, um, thingy.

"Less bite, more wobble"

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:04 pm UTC

Gig-uh-tee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:04 pm UTC

Oh, how I love being talked down to by mechanics.

I took my car in to get inspected once, and I was on my way to the mall with a friend, and oddly enough we were both wearing skirts, so I even looked more girly than usual. The guys at the shop refused to inspect my car because I had a bike rack on the back. I was more than a little bit surprised, because, fuck, it's a bike rack. There's nothing about a bike rack that prevents inspection of my vehicle. So I asked the dude if I took the freaking bike rack off, if they'd inspect the vehicle. He told me, yeah, come back without it and we'll inspect your car.
He was not expecting me to bust out my tools and take the rack of my car right there in the parking lot. Apparently girls in skirts aren't supposed to climb under cars to get at the trailer hitch. Whatever. I don't have time for that kind of crap.

damienthebloody
the most metal thing EVER

Postby damienthebloody » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:05 pm UTC

Worst thing i've heard during sex: "I used to fantasize about your older brother".
That threw me.
German Sausage wrote:Is that an EMP in your pants, or are you just outraged by my sexist behaviour?
liza wrote:When life gives you a wife made of salt, make margaritas?
Dance like you're stamping on a human face forever.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:07 pm UTC

Heh. Not as good as something a guy once said to my friend Adam- "You give better head than my brother." And he was being serious. (Though if he'd said that he meant his step brother it would have been a hair less disturbing.)

Top that. I dare you.

Return to “General”