Boy Thread: put a hat on ur butt

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
eristic
Mmm, superhero brains! Nom nom nom...
Posts: 539
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:51 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby eristic » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:29 am UTC

Lots of jokes take a laugh at serious issues. I don't see the difference here.
Clerria wrote:
eristic wrote:Do you speak Greek? ;)

'maybe'

Haikus are simple
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

User avatar
Mo6eB
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:20 pm UTC
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby Mo6eB » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:35 am UTC

eristic wrote:Lots of jokes take a laugh at serious issues. I don't see the difference here.

I'd like to point out the “Aristocrats Joke”. Not very funny, but definitely engineered to be as offensive and repulsive as possible, while joking with behaviour that is characteristic of really deranged people.
GENERATION [imath]\aleph_{1}[/imath] : Whenever you wish, copy this into your sig on any forum and increase the generation to the next transfinite cardinal. Social experiment NOT over.
Image

User avatar
Jos
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:08 pm UTC
Location: In ur ___, ___'ing ur ____

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby Jos » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:52 pm UTC

Meaux_Pas wrote:
Jos wrote:
luketheduke wrote:No Jos, no, and this isn't the place to debate about it.
Basically, it is not okay to joke about such things in public, because that makes the crime itself look harmless, and it is disrespectful of the victims, and that reinforces the already present societal prejudices.

Also, "boys will be boys": HATE
No, it is not okay to be a sexist pig and get away with it.

@3fj: The double standard was my own; I find rape jokes horrible, but couldn't identify yours as such.



See, the second part was irony. Deal with it.
And why is this the wrong place to debate over it? We seem to be in disagreement. Most of all; Why is it wrong? is it some divine law of your or is there anything behind that statement? The "Okay"ing of it all argument may be valid in some utopia. But in reality these things don't go away and humor is a way of dealing with it. You don't have to like it but that's the way it works...

If someone pulls a joke on my expense, I might not find it fun but that does not mean i go holy crusade on their asses and slay them all in such a manner that an open cascet funeral is out of the picture. (another situation, same "mechanism"). I might go mad about someone joking about fingernails but that doesn't mean that it's holy. Infact it all comes down to weather we think anything is to holy to toutch. I happen to think not to. (and in reality nothing really is, weather we like it or not)

Rape jokes aren't really ok because essentially you're saying that there's a situation in which rape is funny, and if you actually think rape is funny punch yourself in the face until you can't see anymore.


Firstly; I really don't appreciate being told that my view on something is bad and that I should punch myself in hte face untill I change my mind. It didn't really seem to add anything, more than being a dick.

I say that yes, it can be funny! That does not mean that it's not horrible, but as an outsider I can laugh about it. Deal with it. And who are you to judge what is ok for me to say or not to say? they might not be appropriate, but it's still my right to tell them. Important borderline.

Edit: I agree with eristic!
Image
philsov wrote:Internets is a gift to Jos.

littlebuddy wrote:hmm... I wonder if I should call rule 34 on that hammer moderator, she probably has nice legs.

User avatar
Jacque
a member of shro's band
Posts: 870
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:28 pm UTC
Location: Oakland, CA
Contact:

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby Jacque » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:09 pm UTC

Jos wrote:
Meaux_Pas wrote:
Jos wrote:
luketheduke wrote:No Jos, no, and this isn't the place to debate about it.
Basically, it is not okay to joke about such things in public, because that makes the crime itself look harmless, and it is disrespectful of the victims, and that reinforces the already present societal prejudices.

Also, "boys will be boys": HATE
No, it is not okay to be a sexist pig and get away with it.

@3fj: The double standard was my own; I find rape jokes horrible, but couldn't identify yours as such.



See, the second part was irony. Deal with it.
And why is this the wrong place to debate over it? We seem to be in disagreement. Most of all; Why is it wrong? is it some divine law of your or is there anything behind that statement? The "Okay"ing of it all argument may be valid in some utopia. But in reality these things don't go away and humor is a way of dealing with it. You don't have to like it but that's the way it works...

If someone pulls a joke on my expense, I might not find it fun but that does not mean i go holy crusade on their asses and slay them all in such a manner that an open cascet funeral is out of the picture. (another situation, same "mechanism"). I might go mad about someone joking about fingernails but that doesn't mean that it's holy. Infact it all comes down to weather we think anything is to holy to toutch. I happen to think not to. (and in reality nothing really is, weather we like it or not)

Rape jokes aren't really ok because essentially you're saying that there's a situation in which rape is funny, and if you actually think rape is funny punch yourself in the face until you can't see anymore.


Firstly; I really don't appreciate being told that my view on something is bad and that I should punch myself in hte face untill I change my mind. It didn't really seem to add anything, more than being a dick.

I say that yes, it can be funny! That does not mean that it's not horrible, but as an outsider I can laugh about it. Deal with it. And who are you to judge what is ok for me to say or not to say? they might not be appropriate, but it's still my right to tell them. Important borderline.

Edit: I agree with eristic!


No, rape is not funny in any circumstance. And please, as meaux suggested, go punch yourself in the face.

User avatar
Jos
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:08 pm UTC
Location: In ur ___, ___'ing ur ____

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby Jos » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:11 pm UTC

I for one happen to disagree with that statement and do (again) not especially care for being told to punch myself in the face. You may not find rape, dave chapelle or whatever funny but other may do. And reacting to them by telling them to punch their faces in is really not helpful in any way!
Image
philsov wrote:Internets is a gift to Jos.

littlebuddy wrote:hmm... I wonder if I should call rule 34 on that hammer moderator, she probably has nice legs.

User avatar
Baldur
Posts: 1019
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:38 pm UTC
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby Baldur » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:15 pm UTC

So, you're saying that taking a very traumatic experience for the victim and turning it into a subject of humour is ok? By your logic, it's ok to take the 9/11 attacks and laugh about that, or to take someones murder and turn it into a joke.

It is not funny, just in bad taste and rather sick.
Gojoe wrote:YOU ARE NOT LOLSAUR AT ALL ARE YOU!

phlip wrote:Hey, you never know, it could have been Baldur...

User avatar
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks
Posts: 8314
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:17 pm UTC
Location: I FUCKING MOVED TO THE WOODS

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:41 pm UTC

Jos wrote:I for one happen to disagree with that statement and do (again) not especially care for being told to punch myself in the face. You may not find rape, dave chapelle or whatever funny but other may do. And reacting to them by telling them to punch their faces in is really not helpful in any way!

Dave Chapelle is hilarious. Rape is a war crime.

Of course you don't like being told that your point of view is bad. But it is. This is me, as an insider, dealing with you as an outsider, laughing about such a thing as rape. You say deal with it. I say, punch yourself in the face until you permanently damage your forebrain. Y'know, more than it already is.

Every time you minimalize rape by making a joke about it, you're helping make sure that we as a society don't stop rape. Because it's funny, you know! It's not a big deal, I'm sure it doesn't really happen to anyone you know.

Also, I hope you fully appreciate the absurdity of YOU calling ME a dick.
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

luketheduke
Sour Kraut
Posts: 1105
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:56 pm UTC
Location: Where the Kraut's at

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby luketheduke » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:16 pm UTC

Let me detail my view of this purely as a middle ground, not as the necessarily right or good or acceptable view.

Death, rape, terrorism, holocaust.
Those are all horrible things, which destroy(ed) the lives of many people and bring grief to hundreds, thousands, millions of people.
As a fellow human, one who is capable of compassion, and knows that the same could happen to him, without any of his own fault, it is deemed natural to have respect of that and to feel compassion towards everybody whom that ever happened to.

This does not mean that jokes about those matters are "sick", or even necessarily testify of your own disrespect towards the matter. Black humour can be a coping mechanism, or it can just be funny.
I do not think my mind is sicker than is healthy, but I have experienced it myself - you can laugh about those jokes, they are funny. Taking life not serious, being able to joke about its deepest abysses - that is a virtue, not a sin.
At the same time, I have a deep respect and compassion for anybody who has to deal with such an enormous burden, whether self-inflicted or not. I am outraged at the frequency of rape in this society, and I am ashamed of the war crimes my (German) ancestors committed.

If I make a holocaust joke to a jew, he might either know me, and know that I am not a fascist, not a white supremacist, not an insensitive asshole, and am purely telling the joke for its humour value. Or he might not know me, and assess me as one of the aforementioned personalities; even if he is not a jew, but just has the same common decency and respect for other human beings as I have, he might come to that conclusion.
I don't want people to think of me as an insensitive asshole. So I will not tell such jokes unless a context has been established in which this is possible; and if other people tell that kind of joke, I will make sure to add an earnest "...but you know the holocaust wasn't funny, right?"
I will also never make a rape joke ever anywhere, because the chance that a rape victim is in earshot is always significant. And if you think that that is not a reason that outweighs any fun that might be had by telling that joke, then you are indeed an insensitive asshole. You might be hardboiled enough to take any joke that is aimed at you; from where do you take the right to tell other people they have to be the same? Rape inflicts a serious trauma on its victim; any person with any kind of emotional capacity becomes violated at their innermost core. Those are wounds which will maybe never heal. Who are you to assume the right that you can tear open these wounds anew?

AND there is a second reason why that kind of joke should not be made in public.
In short, your own public display of contempt (which you might not even hold; but it looks like you do) for the things you are joking about reinforce the contempt society already holds for them. You become guilty of reinforcing - even only by a very small bit - all the bad things in society.

tl;dr: Punch yourself in the face until you realize that rape is not funny.
As long as I know how to love / I know I'll stay alive /
'cause I've got all my life to live / and I've got all my love to give / and I'll survive /
I will survive

Philwelch
Posts: 2904
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:33 am UTC
Location: RIGHT BEHIND YOU

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby Philwelch » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:35 pm UTC

Meaux_Pas wrote:
Jos wrote:I for one happen to disagree with that statement and do (again) not especially care for being told to punch myself in the face. You may not find rape, dave chapelle or whatever funny but other may do. And reacting to them by telling them to punch their faces in is really not helpful in any way!

Dave Chapelle is hilarious. Rape is a war crime.


About Chappelle:

Meaux_Pas wrote:Every time you minimalize rape by making a joke about it, you're helping make sure that we as a society don't stop rape. Because it's funny, you know! It's not a big deal, I'm sure it doesn't really happen to anyone you know.


Every time Dave Chappelle minimalizes racism by making a joke about it, he's helping make sure that we as a society don't stop racism. Because it's funny, you know! It's not a big deal.

I don't really have a problem with luketheduke's position here: offensive jokes can be funny, but you're still a jerk if you tell them in contexts that'll seriously offend other people. I don't pretend to know, though, whether or not offensive jokes are bad for society or good for society, just that they're offensive and offending people is something to avoid.
Fascism: If you're not with us you're against us.
Leftism: If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem.

Perfection is an unattainable goal.

User avatar
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks
Posts: 8314
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:17 pm UTC
Location: I FUCKING MOVED TO THE WOODS

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:40 pm UTC

I think I'm sensing a terrible misunderstanding here in which you don't really understand the comedic devices that Dave Chapelle uses. Because comparing rape jokes to Dave Chapelle's racist jokes is apples and oranges, yo.

Also, Dave Chapelle stopped making his show when he realized that it was perpetuating racist culture. He was making jokes about racism, white people were laughing because black people like watermelon, lawl.

So... yeah.
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

Philwelch
Posts: 2904
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:33 am UTC
Location: RIGHT BEHIND YOU

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby Philwelch » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:57 pm UTC

Meaux_Pas wrote:I think I'm sensing a terrible misunderstanding here in which you don't really understand the comedic devices that Dave Chapelle uses. Because comparing rape jokes to Dave Chapelle's racist jokes is apples and oranges, yo.


I sense a terrible misunderstanding every time you reply to one of my posts, Meaux. Which means I should be more clear about exactly what point I'm making, because I'm not making the point you think I am.

I understand Chappelle's comedic devices just fine, and I also understand the comedic devices that say, Eddie Izzard uses to joke about imperialism and genocide. That doesn't change the fact that people are making jokes about racism and mass murder.

I wasn't arguing for or against any type of conclusion, just making a point. I know why Chappelle stopped making his show, too. And it may be true that joking about these things is bad for society. Yet, you think Chappelle is funny. You're probably sophisticated enough to understand the comedic devices that he uses, and you can go ahead and be self-congratulating about that, but he still falls in the category of "joking about terrible social issues".
Fascism: If you're not with us you're against us.
Leftism: If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem.

Perfection is an unattainable goal.

User avatar
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks
Posts: 8314
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:17 pm UTC
Location: I FUCKING MOVED TO THE WOODS

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:30 pm UTC

I'm pretty sure I still disagree with you, but whatevs. It's entirely possible we just speak different types of english.
Or I'm just into picking fights today. Either one.
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

User avatar
xndrew
Look on my hair, ye Mighty, and despair!
Posts: 1077
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:05 am UTC
Location: North East USA
Contact:

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby xndrew » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:50 pm UTC

Hmm, offensive jokes have always seemed to be funny for the execution more than the content to me. One way or the other, people get a rise out of upsetting other people, and for whatever reason, people legitimately seem to like seeing others suffer. I suppose that's the biggest of the jokes.

User avatar
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks
Posts: 8314
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:17 pm UTC
Location: I FUCKING MOVED TO THE WOODS

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:57 pm UTC

Nothing in this world is funnier than someone who isn't you, getting hurt.
I have observed this, but not necessarily agreed. Perhaps that is why I dislike the Stooges.
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

luketheduke
Sour Kraut
Posts: 1105
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:56 pm UTC
Location: Where the Kraut's at

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby luketheduke » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:19 pm UTC

Hurting other people is funny.
We still shouldn't do it. Because hurting people is wrong.

Not mean-spirited, and not good-spirited either, unless you are really sure it won't really hurt. You usually can't be. So don't do it.

And if you make it a "who is hardboiled enough to not care" contest, that's idiotic.
As long as I know how to love / I know I'll stay alive /
'cause I've got all my life to live / and I've got all my love to give / and I'll survive /
I will survive

User avatar
PictureSarah
Secretary of Penile Nomenclature
Posts: 4576
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:37 pm UTC
Location: Sacramento, CA
Contact:

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby PictureSarah » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:24 pm UTC

Someone else stubbing their toe is generally hilarious. Even me stubbing my toe is occasionally hilarious. Someone else getting into a car wreck that seriously damages them, or getting cancer, or getting raped, etc. is not remotely hilarious. It's really about the extent of the damage done (stubbing a toe is pretty superficial) and how said damage occurred (if you are a doofus and kick a door jamb, it's funny).
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

User avatar
Torvaun
Posts: 2615
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:23 pm UTC
Location: 47°9′S, 126°43′W
Contact:

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby Torvaun » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:52 pm UTC

About holocaust jokes and rape jokes. People equate them quite a bit. But it doesn't really work that way, because the Holocaust, terrible as it was, ended over 60 years ago. Most of the people who were alive then are not alive now, and vice versa. Rape jokes are kinda like making Holocaust jokes to someone who's sitting in Auschwitz. It's happening all around us, every damn day. But that's OK, it's funny, right?
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

User avatar
bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title
Posts: 7461
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:29 pm UTC
Location: Airstrip One

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby bigglesworth » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:23 pm UTC

Nobody makes Tenochtitlan jokes... Holocaust jokes make an impact (and the humour lies in that you're shocked) because it is still within cultural memory.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

Philwelch
Posts: 2904
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:33 am UTC
Location: RIGHT BEHIND YOU

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby Philwelch » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:26 pm UTC

On the other hand, no one expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Fascism: If you're not with us you're against us.
Leftism: If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem.

Perfection is an unattainable goal.

Nemiro
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 8:39 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby Nemiro » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:01 pm UTC

Philwelch wrote:On the other hand, no one expects the Spanish Inquisition.


But it's not the Spanish Inquisition that you remember. It's Monty Python. :wink:
Joshua wrote:GREETINGS, PROFESSOR FALKEN.

Spam here please

yazdi
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:44 pm UTC

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby yazdi » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:47 pm UTC

luketheduke wrote:This does not mean that jokes about those matters are "sick", or even necessarily testify of your own disrespect towards the matter. Black humour can be a coping mechanism, or it can just be funny.
I do not think my mind is sicker than is healthy, but I have experienced it myself - you can laugh about those jokes, they are funny. Taking life not serious, being able to joke about its deepest abysses - that is a virtue, not a sin.
At the same time, I have a deep respect and compassion for anybody who has to deal with such an enormous burden, whether self-inflicted or not. I am outraged at the frequency of rape in this society, and I am ashamed of the war crimes my (German) ancestors committed.

If I make a holocaust joke to a jew, he might either know me, and know that I am not a fascist, not a white supremacist, not an insensitive asshole, and am purely telling the joke for its humour value. Or he might not know me, and assess me as one of the aforementioned personalities; even if he is not a jew, but just has the same common decency and respect for other human beings as I have, he might come to that conclusion.
This is just what I was thinking all the time, just put much more eloquently than I could. Actually the whole post, but quoting all of it would take up a huge amount of space.

I especially agree on the part about knowing when to tell such a joke and when not to. Many of the jokes one can make among friends are pretty unacceptable in public, and I hope that most people realize that.

I also think coping is an important part. I don't want to know what would happen if I was unable to joke about anything that happened to my patients. I don't think I'd be able to stay in my line of work. Actually, I think if you get to know anyone who works somewhere with a lot of stress and where a lot of people have bad things happening to them, you'll find that they have the blackest sense of humour imaginable.

OTOH, after writing all this, I find it's actually rather irrelevant to the specific situation (I don't find rape jokes acceptable in pretty much any context), but I wanted to draw attention to luke's post, which I felt went pretty much ignored.

User avatar
Babam
the Nearly Deleted
Posts: 1170
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:05 am UTC
Location: A multiverse, wandering the couch
Contact:

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby Babam » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:11 pm UTC

Woot just back from my date, it went well and she wants to go to the movies with me this weekend. Also I'm her first boyfriend :)
Spoiler:
crucialityfactor wrote:I KNEW he could club bitches!

SecondTalon wrote:Reality - More fucked up than Photoshop.

s/notwittysig/wittysig

luketheduke
Sour Kraut
Posts: 1105
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:56 pm UTC
Location: Where the Kraut's at

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby luketheduke » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:14 pm UTC

Thank you yazdi.
yazdi wrote:OTOH, after writing all this, I find it's actually rather irrelevant to the specific situation (I don't find rape jokes acceptable in pretty much any context), but I wanted to draw attention to luke's post, which I felt went pretty much ignored.

Why rape jokes are not acceptable in pretty much any context, I explained in one paragraph of my post which you didn't quote ;-)
As long as I know how to love / I know I'll stay alive /
'cause I've got all my life to live / and I've got all my love to give / and I'll survive /
I will survive

User avatar
This Old Town
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:04 am UTC
Location: Sault Ste. Marie

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby This Old Town » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:32 pm UTC

Babamthegrunt wrote:Woot just back from my date, it went well and she wants to go to the movies with me this weekend. Also I'm her first boyfriend :)



I seriously hope that this wasn't relative to the conversation.
Chai Kovsky wrote:"Coniecto, ergo Jacobus sum."

luketheduke
Sour Kraut
Posts: 1105
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:56 pm UTC
Location: Where the Kraut's at

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby luketheduke » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:33 pm UTC

Let me only say this -

BACON
As long as I know how to love / I know I'll stay alive /
'cause I've got all my life to live / and I've got all my love to give / and I'll survive /
I will survive

User avatar
This Old Town
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:04 am UTC
Location: Sault Ste. Marie

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby This Old Town » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:36 pm UTC

luketheduke wrote:Let me only say this -

BACON



It's, uh...actually really good.
Chai Kovsky wrote:"Coniecto, ergo Jacobus sum."

User avatar
Babam
the Nearly Deleted
Posts: 1170
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:05 am UTC
Location: A multiverse, wandering the couch
Contact:

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby Babam » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:00 am UTC

This Old Town wrote:
Babamthegrunt wrote:Woot just back from my date, it went well and she wants to go to the movies with me this weekend. Also I'm her first boyfriend :)



I seriously hope that this wasn't relative to the conversation.

Not really, I was just celebrating :D
Spoiler:
crucialityfactor wrote:I KNEW he could club bitches!

SecondTalon wrote:Reality - More fucked up than Photoshop.

s/notwittysig/wittysig

luketheduke
Sour Kraut
Posts: 1105
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:56 pm UTC
Location: Where the Kraut's at

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby luketheduke » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:32 am UTC

*cheers for babam*
As long as I know how to love / I know I'll stay alive /
'cause I've got all my life to live / and I've got all my love to give / and I'll survive /
I will survive

User avatar
This Old Town
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:04 am UTC
Location: Sault Ste. Marie

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby This Old Town » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:10 am UTC

*Also cheers for babam. My dates never go smoothly. Although, I guess it's because I haven't taken this stupid bacon pin off. It's actually pretty stylish, after you get over the smell of it.
Chai Kovsky wrote:"Coniecto, ergo Jacobus sum."

User avatar
3fj
Posts: 1715
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:13 pm UTC
Location: Land of Whisky and Bagpipes (LOWAB)
Contact:

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby 3fj » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:17 am UTC

There isn't really a dating culture here. It's hard to explain.
Everything's dead until it's alive. Man will exist, and then he will die. Just take the ride!

User avatar
gressh
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:55 am UTC

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby gressh » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:30 pm UTC

So yeah... Singapore airport got old fast. I'm stuck here for the next 14 hours, and I can't find bacon anywhere (I can't go through immigration to get some, as I'm in transit). I don't think they have it here. Also, I'm really tired. But still, NO BACON!

yazdi
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:44 pm UTC

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby yazdi » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:38 pm UTC

luketheduke wrote:Why rape jokes are not acceptable in pretty much any context, I explained in one paragraph of my post which you didn't quote ;-)
I was actually referring to my own rambling. Sorry for the confusion.

Also: BACON! (Actually no bacon, but Käsleberkäse, which is nearly as good and three times as unhealthy)

User avatar
Chfan
Posts: 2141
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:26 pm UTC
Location: American East Coast

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby Chfan » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:23 pm UTC

Hey- just putting it out there, if you want to talk about bacon that's quite cool and manly, but for God's sake, stop trying to use it to break up an argument! Bacon is meant to be eaten, not as a peace offering!

Although, then again, I'm sure bacon would make a nice peace offering...
Just FYI, the guy isn't avatar isn't me. But he seems pretty cool.

luketheduke
Sour Kraut
Posts: 1105
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:56 pm UTC
Location: Where the Kraut's at

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby luketheduke » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:45 pm UTC

Nobody is stopping you from continuing the argument.
At least, you have no way of knowing that at this time.
As long as I know how to love / I know I'll stay alive /
'cause I've got all my life to live / and I've got all my love to give / and I'll survive /
I will survive

User avatar
CVSoul
Posts: 460
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:23 pm UTC
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby CVSoul » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:20 pm UTC

luketheduke wrote:Nobody is stopping you from continuing the argument.
At least, you have no way of knowing that at this time.

But bacon really is quite nice. Why argue when there's bacon to be discussed?
You know what's even nicer than bacon? Steak, wrapped in bacon. Turf and turf. I can feel my arteries slamming shut as I eat it.
[/lighthearted]
kellsbells wrote:My other car is a plain, unmarked white van.

User avatar
TaintedDeity
Posts: 4003
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:22 pm UTC
Location: England;

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby TaintedDeity » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:11 pm UTC

I've just eaten a meal in which the meat was a chicken breast wrapped in bacon.
Slow cooked in foil in its own juices.
Yes.
Ⓞⓞ◯

User avatar
wst
Posts: 2613
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:06 am UTC

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby wst » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:43 pm UTC

TaintedDeity wrote:I've just eaten a meal in which the meat was a chicken breast wrapped in bacon.
Slow cooked in foil in its own juices.
Yes.
I'm actually salivating. I... really want that. Wow. Never before have such feelings of hunger been brought on by a mere description of food...
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.

blue_eyedspacemonkey
Posts: 1277
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 2:12 pm UTC
Location: Salford, UK
Contact:

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby blue_eyedspacemonkey » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:53 pm UTC

TaintedDeity wrote:I've just eaten a meal in which the meat was a chicken breast wrapped in bacon.
Slow cooked in foil in its own juices.
Yes.
Was there BBQ sauce and melted cheese? This is a good way to enjoy chicken and bacon.
"Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes"

So. Twitter

User avatar
CVSoul
Posts: 460
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:23 pm UTC
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby CVSoul » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:52 am UTC

blue_eyedspacemonkey wrote:
TaintedDeity wrote:I've just eaten a meal in which the meat was a chicken breast wrapped in bacon.
Slow cooked in foil in its own juices.
Yes.
Was there BBQ sauce and melted cheese? This is a good way to enjoy chicken and bacon.


That's a good way to enjoy pretty much any meat ever.
kellsbells wrote:My other car is a plain, unmarked white van.

User avatar
This Old Town
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:04 am UTC
Location: Sault Ste. Marie

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead Back To Bacon

Postby This Old Town » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:56 am UTC

CVSoul wrote:
luketheduke wrote:Nobody is stopping you from continuing the argument.
At least, you have no way of knowing that at this time.

But bacon really is quite nice. Why argue when there's bacon to be discussed?
You know what's even nicer than bacon? Steak, wrapped in bacon. Turf and turf. I can feel my arteries slamming shut as I eat it.
[/lighthearted]



I too have the problem of my arteries slamming shut. The prospect of bacon is too good to give up though.

As for the argument breaking up because of bacon, I think it was on good cause.
Chai Kovsky wrote:"Coniecto, ergo Jacobus sum."


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests