Boy Thread: put a hat on ur butt

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

d33p
Happy Fun Ball

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead To Back Bacon

Postby d33p » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:01 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:EDIT: I love how d33p says "i once..." and we all jump to relate. d33p, you are, and ever shall be, the golden standard by which tomfoolery and dangerous negligence should be followed. You like fireworks? Fire juggling? Painting with electricity?
You can PAINT with ELECTRICITY?! I'm in. The other two are old hat.
Parka wrote:I assume this is yours. I don't know anyone else who would put "kill a bear" on a list.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:03 pm UTC

Last edited by Izawwlgood on Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:59 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:04 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:Linky
Fail link is fail. Fix'd for you.
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:19 pm UTC

d33p wrote:
Izawwlgood wrote:EDIT: I love how d33p says "i once..." and we all jump to relate. d33p, you are, and ever shall be, the golden standard by which tomfoolery and dangerous negligence should be followed. You like fireworks? Fire juggling? Painting with electricity?
Don't forget playing music with electricity.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

doogly
Dr. The Juggernaut of Touching Himself

Postby doogly » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:26 pm UTC

pseudoidiot wrote:
d33p wrote:
Don't forget playing music with electricity.

And neglect not theremin!
LE4dGOLEM: What's a Doug?
Noc: A larval Doogly. They grow the tail and stinger upon reaching adulthood.

Keep waggling your butt brows Brothers.
Or; Is that your eye butthairs?

tgjensen

Postby tgjensen » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:38 pm UTC

I was in a bus accident once. Too much fog and driving too fast led to the driver going into a slightly elevated roundabout with just about zero control. We skipped straight across it and front-first into a field on the other side. I, being seated right behind the driver, shot through the air and face-first into the windscreen, which fortunately was designed to pop out in just such an incident. I landed on top of the windscreen out in the field, which was pretty lucky seeing as underneath it was a really thorny bush. I barely got a scratch.

Also this other time I went skydiving and broke my little toe! I walked it off over the next three weeks. It's still a bit crooked though.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:37 pm UTC

sleepygamer wrote:I've never broken a bone. Mainly because I am a lucky bastard.

Broken? No.

Fractured? Yes. My skull. Three times.

Before the age of 7.

in before "Talon, that explains soooooo much."
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

rheakith

Postby rheakith » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:16 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
sleepygamer wrote:I've never broken a bone. Mainly because I am a lucky bastard.

Broken? No.

Before the age of 7.

Are the stories behind said skull fracturing any interesting? Or is it just the standard dropped/pushed/kicked down stairs or into something?

d33p
Happy Fun Ball

Postby d33p » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:56 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Fractured? Yes. My skull. Three times.

Before the age of 7.

Did you have particularly violent family members? When I was 10, I built a booby trap at "the fort", and when my little brother hit the tripwire, a Louisville Slugger came hurtling down out of a sumac tree and drove his face into the dirt. Fractured his skull on that one. Something similar happen to you?
Parka wrote:I assume this is yours. I don't know anyone else who would put "kill a bear" on a list.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:56 am UTC

Never broken anything, though I did fracture my humerus near the elbow playing Team Bike TagTM.

It's like tag. On bikes. And tag means "run one's front tire into an opponent's rear tire."
多么现在棕色母牛?

smw543

Postby smw543 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:19 am UTC

benjhuey wrote:Never broken anything, though I did fracture my humerus near the elbow playing Team Bike TagTM.

It's like tag. On bikes. And tag means "run one's front tire into an opponent's rear tire."
A friend and I were once biking somewhere, and he had some sort of telescoping rod he found (long story.) He decided we should be jousting (read: he rides behind me and jabs me with the rod.) As I have seen far too many action movies, I got the brilliant idea to hit the brakes hard, causing him to zip past me. Unfortunately, I was going too fast and braked too hard; I did a front-end wheelie and flew over the handlebars, fucking up my face pretty bad (nothing permanent, unfortunately - I need more battle scars.) Also, when my rear tire flew up, it nearly hit my friend in the face, requiring him to swerve and also crash. (This was on a narrow sidewalk alongside a six lane street with heavy traffic.)

As for broken bones, I once broke my foot (no, not my toe, the actual foot) while playing basketball barefoot. Everyone insisted they heard a loud *pop*, but I decided it would be fine (the adrenaline and such made me think it wasn't too bad.) I finished the game with a broken foot, and won! And then the losing team insisted on a rematch, which I, of course, accepted, because I'm a dumbass badass (though I mostly just passed and took 3-point shots.)
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Now you know the difference between funny and sad.
Ubik wrote:But I'm too fond of the penis to let it go.
gmalivuk wrote:If you didn't want people to 'mis'understand you, then you probably should have tried saying something less stupid.

Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen

Postby Xeio » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:26 am UTC

I broke my collar bone, but it was in a pretty boring shopping cart accident, I'm pretty sure my mother actually told me to sit down about 30 seconds before it happened too... damn kids...

Happily, I haven't broken anything else. A few concussions though (and tore my ear off nearly all the way).

TaintedDeity

Postby TaintedDeity » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:36 am UTC

One of my favourite stories about ym dad is how he got this massive star shaped scar on his left shin.
He was driving around on his bike when this taxi pulled out on him, he hit the front and flew into a ditch.
Of course, natural reaction is to stand up and hit the taxi driver for ruining his bike, so he gets up and that's the point he realises his shin bone is sticking through his leg. Sit back down again then.
Next thing, some woman is pushing through the police and ambulance crew trying to get to him, just so happens his Mum was driving past at the time which was a pleasant coincidence.
He was one of the first in England to have a particular procedure done and his x rays were in the training text book.
He ended up with two long screws through his leg poking out the flesh. We've still got them, somewhere...
Anyway, the scar is where they had to borrow a bit of his hip bone and stick it in his shin because they never found part of his shin bone by the roadside.
Pretty epic, if you ask me.
Ⓞⓞ◯

yazdi

Postby yazdi » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:32 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Broken? No.

You do realize that that's essentially the same thing?

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:42 am UTC

a fracture is a type of break, yes, but the word fracture is more specific, and is not considered the same as a full break in medicine, hence the seperation of terms.
ImageImageImageImageImage

yazdi

Postby yazdi » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:51 am UTC

suffer-cait wrote:a fracture is a type of break, yes, but the word fracture is more specific, and is not considered the same as a full break in medicine, hence the seperation of terms.
Strange, that's not what we were taught (until now). Maybe it's different in german...

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:20 pm UTC

What I've been taught... in non-medical schools... is that a break is when the bone is broken completely through, like a pencil snapped in half, and a fracture is when there is a break, but the parts are not separated... like, uh.. a splintered pencil that hasn't broken all the way.

Of course, further confusing the matter is the term Compound Fracture, which describes a situation with a broken bone that has punctured the skin.

But perhaps I am mistaken and they are all considered breaks.

Anyway.. no, none of them are very interesting stories. I only have memories of one of them, though. Apparently in one I don't recall, my dad said I was fine, some other individuals who saw my fall suggested otherwise, and I later passed out into a bowl of cheerios.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

doogly
Dr. The Juggernaut of Touching Himself

Postby doogly » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:25 pm UTC

I nearly dusted my tibia. I skied into a tree, the first day I went skiing. It shattered into very many pieces, at least a hundred. Maybe three or four large chunks. Fortunately my fibula was intact, so they did not need to put in a guiding rod to convince it to mend straight.
LE4dGOLEM: What's a Doug?
Noc: A larval Doogly. They grow the tail and stinger upon reaching adulthood.

Keep waggling your butt brows Brothers.
Or; Is that your eye butthairs?

yazdi

Postby yazdi » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:23 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:What I've been taught... in non-medical schools... is that a break is when the bone is broken completely through, like a pencil snapped in half, and a fracture is when there is a break, but the parts are not separated... like, uh.. a splintered pencil that hasn't broken all the way.

Of course, further confusing the matter is the term Compound Fracture, which describes a situation with a broken bone that has punctured the skin.
Interesting, it appears to be different from what they're called in german. Here, the two are pretty much synonymous. The main difference is that "break" (="Bruch") is normally used by laypeople and "Fracture (="Fraktur") is used in a professional medical context. A compound fracture is a "offener Bruch" or "offene Fraktur".

crowey
That's DOCTOR Crowey, to you

Postby crowey » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:21 pm UTC

yazdi wrote:
SexyTalon wrote:What I've been taught... in non-medical schools... is that a break is when the bone is broken completely through, like a pencil snapped in half, and a fracture is when there is a break, but the parts are not separated... like, uh.. a splintered pencil that hasn't broken all the way.

Interesting, it appears to be different from what they're called in german. Here, the two are pretty much synonymous. The main difference is that "break" (="Bruch") is normally used by laypeople and "Fracture (="Fraktur") is used in a professional medical context. A compound fracture is a "offener Bruch" or "offene Fraktur".

It's the same in english (at least in the UK) clicky.

On another note: bacon lance of death it's made from bacon and can cut through steel!

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:33 pm UTC

Green stick fractures are what kids often get. It's a pretty easy visual.

Spiral fractures are horrible and disturbing and often require absurd corrective surgery.

I once got out of a piano recital by putting a pen between my fingers so that it was over the middle, and under the adjacent two, and slamming my hand on the table. Finger broke alright, but it was hard explaining.

In retrospect, I wish I had stuck with Piano. It would have been way cooler to play well then that stupid story.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

luketheduke
Sour Kraut

Postby luketheduke » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:55 pm UTC

...wow, that's kind of awesome. I wouldn't have thought that that works.
As long as I know how to love / I know I'll stay alive /
'cause I've got all my life to live / and I've got all my love to give / and I'll survive /
I will survive

Mysidic

Postby Mysidic » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:51 am UTC

On another note: bacon lance of death it's made from bacon and can cut through steel![/quote]

Totally impractical and silly. I MUST HAVE ONE.
""Thou shalt not lie": in other words, beware, my dear philosopher, of telling the truth." ~Nietzche

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:47 am UTC

Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

SOSkanesumi ARK

Postby SOSkanesumi ARK » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:08 am UTC

that is possibly the most discustingly delicious thing i have ever seeen!
Navi> hey luke hows han these days?
<luke> han?
<Navi> solo
* luke facepalms

LL Cool J
___ and ___

Postby LL Cool J » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:35 am UTC

When my dad and his little sister were children, they played a game that was basically Chicken with a pitchfork. My dad had to throw the pitchfork at my aunt's feet, she had to dodge. Except once, she didn't, and she got speared through the foot. They were great friends. About six months later my aunt tackled my dad through a wall.

I sort of wish I had injury stories as stupid as those.
Rippy wrote:Slogan: "Beauty. Grace. Fluticasone propionate. Inhale twice daily."

SOSkanesumi ARK

Postby SOSkanesumi ARK » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:05 am UTC

uggh...i need to drive..its been two weeks sence i was able to drive my blazer, its killing me!
<luke> han?
<Navi> solo
* luke facepalms

d33p
Happy Fun Ball

Postby d33p » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:11 am UTC

__jess wrote:When my dad and his little sister were children, they played a game that was basically Chicken with a pitchfork. My dad had to throw the pitchfork at my aunt's feet, she had to dodge. Except once, she didn't, and she got speared through the foot. They were great friends. About six months later my aunt tackled my dad through a wall.

I sort of wish I had injury stories as stupid as those.
That's awesome. I have a great-uncle who's missing the middle finger of his left hand due to a pitchfork accident. Ah, growing up in farm country...

SOSkanesumi ARK

Postby SOSkanesumi ARK » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:13 am UTC

see, i kinda wish i had stories like that, exept not on a farm, but in a junkyard
<luke> han?
<Navi> solo
* luke facepalms

Outchanter

Postby Outchanter » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:56 am UTC

Although there's a limit to how many body parts a person can lose before it starts interfering with their ability to do manly things. At least until quality cyborg limbs and digits start to reach the mass market.

SOSkanesumi ARK

Postby SOSkanesumi ARK » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:04 am UTC

well, if i were in a junkyard, i think i could come up with something like that, and build me a ride like something out of mad max 2!
<luke> han?
<Navi> solo
* luke facepalms

Surgery

Postby Surgery » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:10 am UTC

I learned chicken with bowie knives, which may or may not have evolved into axes/hatchets and torpedo spikes, but a pitchfork sounds fun too. On a related note, on more than one occasion I've almost thrown an axe through the sliding glass door, and would have if it hadn't been slowed by the porch fencing.

d33p
Happy Fun Ball

Postby d33p » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:15 am UTC

Did you know that if you tape a straightpin to a Q-tip, it works like a blowdart... out of a BB gun? What can I say - we couldn't afford Laser Tag.

Surgery

Postby Surgery » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:23 am UTC

Did you know you can make ammonia gas with rat droppings and a bottle of bleach?

what?
Also, I wonder if it's just a boy thing that when a friend says "Damn that really hurts." you respond "Let me try!"

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:20 am UTC

my friends and i would play tag with knives. we also played paintball with q-tips in be-be guns, but we painted them. this was because i complained that no one ever called when i hit them, turned out i wasn't hitting them =-p
ImageImageImageImageImage

ZLVT

Postby ZLVT » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:31 pm UTC

Surgery wrote:Also, I wonder if it's just a man thing that when you say "Damn that really hurts." you also say "Let me try again!"

fix'd and yes, yes it is.
22/♂/hetero/atheist/★☭/Image

Originator of the DIY ASL tags

Khizrael

Postby Khizrael » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:28 pm UTC

I cracked three ligaments in my ankle four weeks back whilst taking on two of my friends at once. The doctor says I may have permanent damage.

Fuck. Yes.
sleepygamer wrote:*Gives Khizrael the "Sleepygamer Seal Of Approval" for being awesome and metal*

Now everyone else will shun you!

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNN.

Blokey

Postby Blokey » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:33 pm UTC

d33p wrote:Did you know that if you tape a straightpin to a Q-tip, it works like a blowdart... out of a BB gun? What can I say - we couldn't afford Laser Tag.

Aha! I used to do this too. But I couldn't afford straightpins or sellotape, so I just removed all the fluffley bits from one end of the Q-tip. Still stings like a so-and-so! Ah, good times...

Edit: And as everyone else has no doubt mentioned I'm sure, that, sir, is some supreme facial hair. Kudos!
Last edited by Blokey on Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:34 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Only the tone of your own inner monologue separates a reading of superciliousness or philanthropy - Felstaff

Cytoplasm

Postby Cytoplasm » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:33 pm UTC

I need some guy advice..please.

Why does it seem guys avoid prom/nerd girls who want to go to prom?
¡No tengo miedo a fantasmas!

Spoiler:
Cytoplasm: I have catoragized some of my family into lolcats.
Felstaff: For a drudging Thursday afternoon, that level of cuteness has really made my day. Can... Can I keep you?

Felstaff wrote:
Cytoplasm wrote:shannonigans

<3

Philwelch

Postby Philwelch » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:51 pm UTC

Because prom is a waste of time. I thought it was a waste of time nine years ago when I started high school, five years ago when I finished high school, and today when I am grateful to be five years and hundreds of miles removed from high school. So needless to say I never went.
Fascism: If you're not with us you're against us.
Leftism: If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem.

Perfection is an unattainable goal.

Return to “General”