Boy Thread: put a hat on ur butt

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Jumble

Re: Boy Thread: put a hat on ur butt

Postby Jumble » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:07 pm UTC

Plus risk reduction and forward planning when robbing banks.

[whoa, page topper. Sorry, all whacked up on scooby snacks.... ]
Spoiler:
Giant Speck wrote:You're a demon! DEMON!!!!

Oregonaut wrote:CURSE YOU VILLAIN!!
PhoenixEnigma wrote:Jumble is either the best or worst Santa ever, and I can't figure out which. Possibly both.

sillybear25
civilized syllabub
Location: Look at me, I'm putting a meta-joke in the Location field.

Re: Boy Thread: HA! HA! I HAVE FOILED YOUR breadmaker!

Postby sillybear25 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:09 am UTC

I have re-lengthened the title of this thread. What'cha gonna do about it?

Uhh, and to contribute to the topic at hand: I'm 20, and a couple years ago, I noticed my hairline receding slightly, but it seems to have stopped, so I might have gotten lucky in my genetics in that regard. I have long-ish, curly hair, though, so the receding (receded?) hairline doesn't really show anyway.

EDIT: Oh, I see. That's what you're going to do about it. Okay. :(
This space intentionally left blank.

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Re: Boys.

Postby poxic » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:13 am UTC

(The title of the thread, as seen on the main General page, is dictated by the first post in the thread, not any of the subsequent posts. Sorry. :P )

((Unless the mods have gone and been modly about things, in which case that doesn't work either. >.>))
The Supreme Ethical Rule: Act so as to elicit the best in others and thereby in thyself.
- Felix Adler, professor, lecturer, and reformer (13 Aug 1851-1933)

Panonadin

Postby Panonadin » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:20 am UTC

HEY.

So about hair. I have about 5 grey hairs that pop up from time to time. They aren't always there and they aren't always not there. They just seem to come and go.

Other than that I lose a lot of hair when I shower. I mean, like, an amount that makes me think that I should be out of hair. I don't know if that means I'll one day be going bald or what but sometimes it scares me. I mean upwards of 15-20 single hairs per shower. Maybe thats just normal? But it's been 5+ years since I remember noticing. I think I should be out by now.

They have some sneaky fillllllters in there.
addams wrote:This forum has some very well educated people typing away in loops with Sourmilk. He is a lucky Sourmilk.

Hofstadter'sLaw

Postby Hofstadter'sLaw » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:55 am UTC

Panonadin wrote:HEY.

So about hair. I have about 5 grey hairs that pop up from time to time. They aren't always there and they aren't always not there. They just seem to come and go.

Other than that I lose a lot of hair when I shower. I mean, like, a amount that makes me think that I could be out of hair. I don't know if that means I'll one day be going bald or what but sometimes it scares me. I mean upwards of 15-20 single hairs per shower. Maybe thats just normal? But it's been 5+ years since I remember noticing. I think I could be out by now.

HI.

I was on a certain medication for a while that was causing me to lose more hair than I normally did. My doctor recomended that I take biotin supplements, and it actually helped a ton (though I don't remember if it took a few days to start working or if it took longer). Maybe you could look into that if the hair loss bothers you. Or figure out which foods contain biotin and eat more of them.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:08 am UTC

Panonadin wrote:Arrrrrr.

So about hair. I have about 5 grey hairs that pop up from time 2 time. They aren't always there and they aren't always not there. They just seem 2 come and go.

Other than that I lose a lot of hair when I shower. I mean, like, a amount that makes I think that I could be out of hair. I don't know if that means I'll one day be going bald or what but sometimes it scares I. I mean upwards of 15-20 single hairs per shower. Maybe thats just normal? But 'tis be'd 5+ years since I remember noticing. I think I could be out by now.

Do you have long hair or short? When you have long hair it is much more noticeable when you lose a hair so it feels like you are losing a lot. 15-20 hairs per shower sounds like a lot though (assuming you shower once a day).

As to grey hair, I'm looking forward to grey hair. It will make me look cool and distinguished. Grey hair doesn't make you older, so whether you have it early or late in life really doesn't affect anything else. So why stress about it?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:18 am UTC

It's normal to see anywhere up to 200 hairs lost per day, from everywhere on the body, I think. Twenty in the shower drain is normal.

Also, grey hair does make one look older. That is not automatically a bad thing, unless you sell hair dye for a living.
The Supreme Ethical Rule: Act so as to elicit the best in others and thereby in thyself.
- Felix Adler, professor, lecturer, and reformer (13 Aug 1851-1933)

Chewbaccawacca
Location: The Great Green Pacific Northwest! ....of the United States! .....of America!

Postby Chewbaccawacca » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:38 pm UTC

At the moment I have longish hair (need to get a hair cut) and I definitely notice an increase in lost hair after showering. But not that much. Usually 4 or 5 in the trap after I'm done. When my hair is shorter I don't notice any real loss, but it could simply be that when they're shorter they go down the drain more easily. I am unsure.
Not all who wander ar...blah blah blah, basically I want to be cool like Aragorn.

Ulc

Postby Ulc » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:09 am UTC

Considering the recent topic, I'll just mention that I just ordered three hats :)

A black Trillby, a black fedora and a brown fedora for everyday use. I was planning to buy a proper top hat as well, but I don't have a penguin suit, and it doesn't really go with suit and tie, so I chickened out and saved the £50

I'll post pictures when they arrive :D
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle

A White Russian, shades and a bathrobe, what more can you want from life?

dubsola

Postby dubsola » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:21 am UTC

Who buys three hats at a time? Kids these days.

Ulc

Postby Ulc » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:00 am UTC

dubsola wrote:Who buys three hats at a time? Kids these days.

Someone that orders them from outside their native country?

Also known as "shipping is bloody expensive and becomes free when you pass £100".
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle

Postby AvatarIII » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:56 am UTC

Ulc wrote:

Also known as "shipping is bloody expensive and becomes free when you pass £100".

since you mention £ was the place a British site? I've been looking for a good hat for ages. and if it's British I won't get extortionate shipping fees.

Ulc

Postby Ulc » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:07 pm UTC

Ulc wrote:

since you mention £ was the place a British site? I've been looking for a good hat for ages. and if it's British I won't get extortionate shipping fees.

Indeed it is

http://www.hatsandcaps.co.uk/

I'd usually suggest waiting to order until I've received mine so you could hear my experience with the shop, but really, the reviews of it has been entirely good, and the prices are very reasonable

OBrien

Postby OBrien » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:09 pm UTC

I found some fantastic faux tiger fur in the rag market the other day. My next sewing project will now be a tiger print ushanka.
Spelling and grammar can go screw themselves.

Postby AvatarIII » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:26 pm UTC

Ulc wrote:
Ulc wrote:

Indeed it is

http://www.hatsandcaps.co.uk/

I'd usually suggest waiting to order until I've received mine so you could hear my experience with the shop, but really, the reviews of it has been entirely good, and the prices are very reasonable

Thanks muchly! I'll give them a browse for now, but I'm not so desperate that I can't wait to hear what yours are like, especially since I was thinking of a fedora, like you ordered, so I might as well wait.

edit: i have my eye on this one

and possibly this one
can't go wrong with one that is officially branded Indy merch :D

Chewbaccawacca
Location: The Great Green Pacific Northwest! ....of the United States! .....of America!

Postby Chewbaccawacca » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:29 pm UTC

The only problem with the Indy one is that little button/pin on the side that says Indiana Jones. I don't know if this applies to anybody else, but for some reason I can't stand logos/names on my licensed merch. Especially things like shirts, or hats as in this case. But if that doesn't bother you, then yeah definitely love the Indydora!
Not all who wander ar...blah blah blah, basically I want to be cool like Aragorn.

Jacque
a member of shro's band

Postby Jacque » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:56 pm UTC

Yeah... skip the bullshit mass-produced licensed stuff and go to the source. Here's the company that made the fedora for the latest Indiana Jones movie: http://www.adventurebilthats.com (the first 3 movies had hats from another company in London, but I don't think they have a online presence). But you know, hand made is expensive.

There's also Optimo Hats (beautiful website) out of Chicago that makes some great looking hats. Unfortunately their online shop is not up yet, but if you're in the area... Again, probably on the more expensive side, but if taken care of, they're something that could easily last a very long time and be passed down. Check out the video on their website about how they make their hats, cool stuff.

Chewbaccawacca

Postby Chewbaccawacca » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:56 pm UTC

Gee willikers those are some damn fine hats. Damn fine hats! I wish I had the discretionary funds necessary. Cause I'd be proud to call myself a man wearing one of those hats!

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:22 pm UTC

On the topic of hats, does anyone know where I might find a good Van Helsing style - or similar - hat?

My brown felt fedora kinda works, but it doesn't seem to have the right feel.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

Chewbaccawacca

Postby Chewbaccawacca » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:26 pm UTC

VAN HELLLLLLSING! These are some you might appreciate. But you get back into the whole replica/licensed realm again.

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:28 pm UTC

I've seen them, but I'm not prepared to pay $1400 for a hat.

Edit: looking at some of the other (mostly equally as expensive) hats on that site, I might try changing the grosgrain hat band for a leather belt with buckles, that looked pretty good.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

Virtual_Aardvark

Postby Virtual_Aardvark » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:24 pm UTC

OBrien wrote:I found some fantastic faux tiger fur in the rag market the other day. My next sewing project will now be a tiger print ushanka.

I think I just fell in love with you a little. Do post pics when you're done.
"imaginary gardens with real toads in them"
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:An actual cloud... full of lesbians.

Shro
science genius girl

Postby Shro » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:38 am UTC

And animal prints are practically neutrals amirite?

I'm not
argyl3: My idea of being a rebel is splitting infinitives.
Alisto: Rebel without a clause?

I made this thing:
www.justthetipcalculator.com

Ulc

Postby Ulc » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:51 am UTC

[/quote]

So far their customer service has been amazing, the parcel is in transit right now (less than 24 hours after I ordered) and they have responded quite fast and usefully to emails (the shipping adress forms didn't allow filling in "CO [roommate's name]").

Postby AvatarIII » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:59 pm UTC

Chewbaccawacca wrote:The only problem with the Indy one is that little button/pin on the side that says Indiana Jones. I don't know if this applies to anybody else, but for some reason I can't stand logos/names on my licensed merch. Especially things like shirts, or hats as in this case. But if that doesn't bother you, then yeah definitely love the Indydora!

You can probably take it off, but I want a fedora because Indy is cool, any other type of fedora is going to be just-a-fedora, rather than a fedora-just-like-indy :lol:

Jacque
a member of shro's band

Postby Jacque » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Chewbaccawacca wrote:The only problem with the Indy one is that little button/pin on the side that says Indiana Jones. I don't know if this applies to anybody else, but for some reason I can't stand logos/names on my licensed merch. Especially things like shirts, or hats as in this case. But if that doesn't bother you, then yeah definitely love the Indydora!

You can probably take it off, but I want a fedora because Indy is cool, any other type of fedora is going to be just-a-fedora, rather than a fedora-just-like-indy :lol:

Then you'd want a felt fedora, not a "weathered" cotton fedora.

Plus – no matter the article of clothing – the worn-in look is always better when it comes from real use and not a at-the-factory "treatment."

Postby AvatarIII » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:31 pm UTC

Jacque wrote:

Plus – no matter the article of clothing – the worn-in look is always better when it comes from real use and not a at-the-factory "treatment."

That's true. I suppose that one is the kind of one you'd probably just keep on a shelf rather than wear anyway.

Honestly, it was mostly the fact it looked cool + it was on sale that I even considered it, the felt ones are pretty expensive though.

doogly
Dr. The Juggernaut of Touching Himself

Postby doogly » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:57 pm UTC

Heh, colleague overheard discussing a crude old joke.
"Now it's called sexist. Well, I suppose it was sexist then too."
I award a half point.
LE4dGOLEM: What's a Doug?
Noc: A larval Doogly. They grow the tail and stinger upon reaching adulthood.

Keep waggling your butt brows Brothers.
Or; Is that your eye butthairs?

Chewbaccawacca

Postby Chewbaccawacca » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:56 pm UTC

Jacque wrote:
Chewbaccawacca wrote:Some stuff

Other stuff

That's true. I suppose that one is the kind of one you'd probably just keep on a shelf rather than wear anyway.

Honestly, it was mostly the fact it looked cool + it was on sale that I even considered it, the felt ones are pretty expensive though.

Yeah, I know what you mean about wanting a hat that looks just like Indy's. Though I'm inclined to agree with Jaques, there's nothing like have a hat that's 100% your own. I prefer to have all wear and tear from an event I can remember happening.

dubsola

Postby dubsola » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:49 am UTC

I tried on a fedora the other day. It suited me. I should think about getting one.

Red Hal
Magically Delicious

Postby Red Hal » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:44 am UTC

Yes, you should. I have a battered old olive drab one that I wore for the better part of ten years. It fits so well, but is now a bit moth-eaten as well as being battered and worn.
Lost Greatest Silent Baby X Y Z. "There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

Ulc

Postby Ulc » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:25 am UTC

AvatarIII wrote:Thanks muchly! I'll give them a browse for now, but I'm not so desperate that I can't wait to hear what yours are like, especially since I was thinking of a fedora, like you ordered, so I might as well wait.

I can really recommend said store for buying hats, they arrived today, and would have arrived Monday had I been home to receive the package, and all three hats are awesome.

The 'cheap' fedora has a hat-band that I'm not perfectly happy with, but hey, that's what you get for buying a cheap hat to get over £100 ;)

(yes, pictures will be posted soon)

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:38 am UTC

Hi-

A few hours after showering my balls always get really sticky, even if I'm not sweating or anything. Other bodypart stay dry. Should I see a doctor?

doogly
Dr. The Juggernaut of Touching Himself

Postby doogly » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:51 am UTC

Can we be more precise than sticky? Do they smell odd? Does it pass as the day goes by?
LE4dGOLEM: What's a Doug?
Noc: A larval Doogly. They grow the tail and stinger upon reaching adulthood.

Keep waggling your butt brows Brothers.
Or; Is that your eye butthairs?

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:55 am UTC

Boxers, briefs or none? Humid, dry or medium climate?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

torontoraptor

Postby torontoraptor » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:10 am UTC

Any discoloration? rash? swelling? Please don't just use us for medical advise, if you're really worried see a doctor, because most of us don't know jack-shit?
Promicin wrote:Now if I can just grab on with my tongue-like foot... wait. I am not a mussel.

pseudoidiot wrote:
You, sir, name? wrote:fucking owls is enjoyable.
Someone should sig this

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:13 am UTC

With the previous advice about doctors having been said.

Are you going through puberty? I think I might have experienced something vaguely similar when the hair on my balls started growing.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:35 am UTC

Assuming his profile is accurate, he's 22, so I'd say no.
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:06 pm UTC

doogly wrote:Can we be more precise than sticky? Do they smell odd? Does it pass as the day goes by?

Sticky. No perceptible smell. Pass after I wash, otherwise no, they stay sticky.
Briefs or pajamas.
No discolorations, rashes, or swelling.

Jacque
a member of shro's band

Postby Jacque » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:46 pm UTC

Have you recently thinned the underbrush?

Return to “General”