Boy Thread: put a hat on ur butt

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Re: Boy Thread: put a hat on ur butt

Postby Izawwlgood » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:47 pm UTC

Or done your laundry?
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:32 pm UTC

Jacque wrote:Have you recently thinned the underbrush?

Yes.

doogly
Dr. The Juggernaut of Touching Himself

Postby doogly » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:23 pm UTC

Perhaps undo that. Or cease to do that.
LE4dGOLEM: What's a Doug?
Noc: A larval Doogly. They grow the tail and stinger upon reaching adulthood.

Keep waggling your butt brows Brothers.
Or; Is that your eye butthairs?

OBrien

Postby OBrien » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:55 pm UTC

Or cut down on it. I hear that 1cm (about 2/5 inches) is a good length to keep things neat and tidy while still reducing skin-to-skin friction and allowing for a bit of moisture-absorbingness.
Spelling and grammar can go screw themselves.

Ulc

Postby Ulc » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:31 pm UTC

OBrien wrote:Or cut down on it. I hear that 1cm (about 2/5 inches) is a good length to keep things neat and tidy while still reducing skin-to-skin friction and allowing for a bit of moisture-absorbingness.

Not to mention that certain sources I know of, tend to exclaim some fairly nasty swear words about guys that allows their pubic hair to become stubbles. Meaning, either keep it entirely gone, regularly, or keep at 1cm+.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle

A White Russian, shades and a bathrobe, what more can you want from life?

sophyturtle
I'll go put my shirt back on for this kind of shock. No I won't. I'll get my purse.

Postby sophyturtle » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:20 pm UTC

Oh oh! I am sure it came up somewhere, but I did not see it and thought you all might want to know.
One day men will have control over their reproductive lives! Neat right?
I want to get to a place where I am neither conforming nor rebelling but simply being.

roband

Postby roband » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:38 pm UTC

That's real interesting. Not sure I'd want to have surgery down there to achieve it (I'd much rather a tablet form of something), but if my gf said that she didn't want to keep taking the pill - I'd more than likely have the procedure done.

Mumpy

Postby Mumpy » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:24 pm UTC

I will get that done at some point in my life, I think. It just seems so simple, so effective, and too good a chance to miss. I just wish it were on the NHS or something.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:43 pm UTC

roband wrote:That's real interesting. Not sure I'd want to have surgery down there to achieve it (I'd much rather a tablet form of something), but if my gf said that she didn't want to keep taking the pill - I'd more than likely have the procedure done.

Fuck that, I want that procedure. A simple injection and no babies? Awesome. That it's reversible is just icing on a cake I didn't even know was there in the first place.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

roband

Postby roband » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:52 pm UTC

I don't like needles going in my arm. Needles going into my sensitive bits? Even less appealing. But like I said, if the lady decided she'd be better off not taking her tablets - I'd do it.

Shro
science genius girl

Postby Shro » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:04 pm UTC

argyl3: My idea of being a rebel is splitting infinitives.
Alisto: Rebel without a clause?

I made this thing:
www.justthetipcalculator.com

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:08 pm UTC

roband wrote:I don't like needles going in my arm. Needles going into my sensitive bits? Even less appealing. But like I said, if the lady decided she'd be better off not taking her tablets - I'd do it.

Not like it's going into a testicle. And it's not like they don't numb the fuck out of the entire area first.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

sophyturtle
I'll go put my shirt back on for this kind of shock. No I won't. I'll get my purse.

Postby sophyturtle » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:29 pm UTC

Which is kinda not fair, because for some things with the IUD for women they don't do anything and just rip it out by pulling the string. And have a little T shaped piece of metal come out the cervix. This don't not feel good, and speaking as someone who had it done it is like 10 times worse than a spinal tap.
It also does not come with all the crazy side effects hormonal BC for women does.
I want to get to a place where I am neither conforming nor rebelling but simply being.

Garm

Postby Garm » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:39 pm UTC

sophyturtle wrote:Which is kinda not fair, because for some things with the IUD for women they don't do anything and just rip it out by pulling the string. And have a little T shaped piece of metal come out the cervix. This don't not feel good, and speaking as someone who had it done it is like 10 times worse than a spinal tap.
It also does not come with all the crazy side effects hormonal BC for women does.

At least some of this disparity is probably due to the amount of study that's gone into men's genitalia as opposed to women's. There was still that whole idea that the clitoris didn't exist about 100 years ago where as we've known the whole scope of a man's junk for eons.
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
- JFK

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:18 pm UTC

How on earth is that an argument for why there's more female birth control options than male birth control options?
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:31 pm UTC

It's not. But part of the reason why there are might have something to do with how gametes are made and what happens to those gametes once fertilization occurs.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

PhoenixEnigma

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:13 am UTC

I'm at the point where I don't care that much about the details anymore - just give me any of the (reversible) male birth control things I keep reading about that continue not to be available. Once we've got that covered, we can worry about specifics and alternatives.
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk
Shivahn wrote:I am a motherfucking sorceror.

mercutio_stencil

Postby mercutio_stencil » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:49 am UTC

PhoenixEnigma wrote:I'm at the point where I don't care that much about the details anymore - just give me any of the (reversible) male birth control things I keep reading about that continue not to be available. Once we've got that covered, we can worry about specifics and alternatives.

I'm with you, but can I make one addendum? I just want a non-surgical approach. I've heard a few times about a new reversible outpatient procedure, but personal squeamishness is enough to make it less than appealing for me. Give me a pill I can take, or a patch, or a ring (although I'm not quite sure where to put it). Honestly, I'd probably go in for the one with a knife, but I wouldn't be to happy about it.

jocvtrhythgd

Postby jocvtrhythgd » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:08 am UTC

so what, we get alot of dick and fart jokes?

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:18 am UTC

mercutio_stencil wrote:
PhoenixEnigma wrote:I'm at the point where I don't care that much about the details anymore - just give me any of the (reversible) male birth control things I keep reading about that continue not to be available. Once we've got that covered, we can worry about specifics and alternatives.

I'm with you, but can I make one addendum? I just want a non-surgical approach. I've heard a few times about a new reversible outpatient procedure, but personal squeamishness is enough to make it less than appealing for me. Give me a pill I can take, or a patch, or a ring (although I'm not quite sure where to put it). Honestly, I'd probably go in for the one with a knife, but I wouldn't be to happy about it.

I dunno, if by 'surgical approach' you mean 'injection into the vas deferens', then I'll take it if it's reversible and pretty complication free.

rath358
The bone of my bone

Postby rath358 » Sun May 13, 2012 4:16 pm UTC

So, shaving question:

I started shaving with an electric spinny razor like this a few years ago. It started to die a few months ago, so I bought a pack of cheap single blade disposable razors. Now that they are starting to run out, I want to get something nicer for myself.
I usually shave my face maybe twice a week, and occasionally decide to shave my legs/chest/other every couple of months.
When using the disposable razors, I often cut myself a lot, maybe five or six times if I am trying to get every last hair, which is more than a little frustrating. Also, the disposable razors tend to get clogged quickly when removing longer hair, so I constantly have to stop and clean them out. The electric razor has been pretty good, but doesn't cope well with longer face hair (it tends to feel like it is catching on longer hairs and tugging them out instead of cutting them), and is completely useless for other regions.

I am thinking about getting a nicer multiblade cartridge razor or classic disposable blade safety razor (of which praises are sung here), but am unsure what specifically to get. Suggestions of specific razors (or soaps and brushes and stuff)?

A related question:
Will a safety razor or cartridge razor be able to handle doing leg hair? Although I only attempt it rarely, it is enough of a pain that I need a good tool for the job.

roband

Postby roband » Sun May 13, 2012 4:43 pm UTC

In my (admittedly limitied) experience, if you're cutting yourself with a disposable razor then you're either rushing or moving the blade sideways!

Shivahn

Postby Shivahn » Sun May 13, 2012 5:11 pm UTC

rath358 wrote:So, shaving question:

I started shaving with an electric spinny razor like this a few years ago. It started to die a few months ago, so I bought a pack of cheap single blade disposable razors. Now that they are starting to run out, I want to get something nicer for myself.
I usually shave my face maybe twice a week, and occasionally decide to shave my legs/chest/other every couple of months.
When using the disposable razors, I often cut myself a lot, maybe five or six times if I am trying to get every last hair, which is more than a little frustrating. Also, the disposable razors tend to get clogged quickly when removing longer hair, so I constantly have to stop and clean them out. The electric razor has been pretty good, but doesn't cope well with longer face hair (it tends to feel like it is catching on longer hairs and tugging them out instead of cutting them), and is completely useless for other regions.

I am thinking about getting a nicer multiblade cartridge razor or classic disposable blade safety razor (of which praises are sung here), but am unsure what specifically to get. Suggestions of specific razors (or soaps and brushes and stuff)?

A related question:
Will a safety razor or cartridge razor be able to handle doing leg hair? Although I only attempt it rarely, it is enough of a pain that I need a good tool for the job.

Safety razors will work fine on leg hair. They don't really clog (and are easy to clean anyway).

As for soaps and brushes, you will want a badger hair brush (they really are much nicer than boar ones) and most soaps are fine. I know a lot of people like Colonel Conk's soap. If you just buy a soap and a brush it's only twenty or so dollars on Amazon - alternatively, for thirty you can get this, which I started with. It's pretty nice, the soap is pleasant enough, the brush is soft, and so on.

I can't advise you for razors, since I got a safety one from my grandfather, which I use for shaving not-face hair, and I use a shavette for my face, which is basically a straight razor with disposable blades.

Also, if you're letting your hair get long before cutting it, don't try to remove it all on the first pass. Go through once for reduction, then for removal. It's.. much better that way :P

(Incidentally, it's entirely worth it to spend money on a nice brush and soap, because besides being comfortable (and probably saving money in the long run vs. disposable/cartridge razors) shaving is actually... well, fun, if it's fancy enough)

natraj

Postby natraj » Sun May 13, 2012 9:18 pm UTC

when i shave my legs i use cartridge razors, either venus ones or fusion (i can't remember what brands either of those are.) i pretty much always use the fusion now because i use those for shaving my head and so they're always around.

for people who use cartridge razors, about how often do you change the cartridges? i am never sure how many uses you are supposed to get out of them.

i am kind of too scared to shave my head with a safety razor or i totally would, they are way more fun.
You want to know the future, love? Then wait:
I'll answer your impatient questions. Still --
They'll call it chance, or luck, or call it Fate,
The cards and stars that tumble as they will.

pronouns: they or he

Wednesday

Postby Wednesday » Sun May 13, 2012 9:29 pm UTC

I've been using the same cartridge men's razor with 5 blades for about a year and a half. I haven't noticed any difference in the sharpness of the blades since the initial "you are not brand new because I've used you twice" dulling. I shave my legs and armpits every three weeks or so, and my genital area every two to three days. I have extremely soft and thin hair, so that might contribute to the razor lasting this long, but I think it has more to do with where I keep my razor and in what condition. It is entirely out of the way of the water in the far right hand corner, up high, and I only get it wet when I use it. It has absolutely no rust on it.
Last edited by Wednesday on Sun May 13, 2012 9:33 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Eseell

Postby Eseell » Sun May 13, 2012 9:32 pm UTC

I use a safety razor to cut my non-face hair and a cartridge razor to cut my facial hair. I can never seem to get the angle right on my face with the safety razor and I always end up cutting myself, but it works really well for everything else. I change the cartridge on my razor about once a week or when it feels like it starts pulling my hairs instead of cutting them.
"Math is hard work and it occupies your mind -- and it doesn't hurt to learn all you can of it, no matter what rank you are; everything of any importance is founded on mathematics." - Robert A. Heinlein

Plasma Man
Location: Northampton, Northampton, Northampton middle England.

Postby Plasma Man » Mon May 14, 2012 10:53 am UTC

I use a safety razor to shave my face and an electric multi-purpose clipper / shaver to trim my beard. I change the cartridge on the razor whenever I think it needs it - probably about every couple of months.
Please note that despite the lovely avatar Sungura gave me, I am not a medical doctor.

Possibly my proudest moment on the fora.

doogly

Postby doogly » Mon May 14, 2012 12:41 pm UTC

http://www.amazon.com/Parker-SR1-Stainl ... roduct_top
Shavette for most of face. I am pretty sure I have mentioned this before. I will let everyone know if it ever becomes less than fantastic.

Badger is so worth it. Eschew boar.

For the beard itself, I use scissors.

For the body hair, I use conditioner. Shit be luxurious.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon May 14, 2012 4:26 pm UTC

natraj wrote:for people who use cartridge razors, about how often do you change the cartridges? i am never sure how many uses you are supposed to get out of them.
Beats me. I use mine until it stops cutting. I can tell because it hurts as it's partially catching the hair, then yanking rather than cutting it.

That said, I usually swap them out about every two weeks. I'd say the number of usages, but really.. sitting around in open air, semi-damp and so on dulls them faster than the shaving process. If you wanted to stretch them, I suppose dunking the business end in a small pool of mineral oil or something, to arrest the oxidation process would extend their lifespan.

Wednesday

Postby Wednesday » Mon May 14, 2012 4:53 pm UTC

That's actually what my uncle does with his razor, he just keeps it in a glass of mineral oil when not in use. Has apparently lasted him a good 4 years.

roband

Postby roband » Tue May 15, 2012 11:39 am UTC

I don't ever give much thought to what clothes I put on to go out and about - as long as I'm wearing a t-shirt on the top half of my body and a pair of trousers on the bottom, I'm happy.

That said, I'm strangely impressed with how what I threw on today goes together. Dark grey 'away' Liverpool football shirt, dark jeans and dark grey hightop canvas Converse.
Fortunate fashion! The best (and easiest) kind.

Ryom

Postby Ryom » Sat May 19, 2012 11:08 am UTC

Someone recommended these pants to me and I'm going to pass on the recommendation. Awesome, comfortable, well made pants:
http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens ... 92204.aspx

and related to a recent previous topic, shaving supplies too: http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens ... plies.aspx
I can definitely recommend that "Jolly Good Razor", as it's an Edwin Jagger, which I use (slightly different model though).
Attachments
DTC_Pants_Hat.jpg
DTC_FH_hidden_pocket.jpg
DTC_FH_cargo_pants.jpg

emceng

Postby emceng » Tue May 29, 2012 7:24 pm UTC

Question for my fellows in the dangly-bits gender. If you get slightly in the mood, do you feel the need to stretch? I really notice this at my desk. If I come accross a suggestive picture, or get a salicious text, or some sort of thing that gets me thinking about sex, I many times stretch. Legs more often want stretching than full body, but many times I do straighten my legs, arms straight above my head, and stretch.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

broken_escalator
They're called stairs

Postby broken_escalator » Wed May 30, 2012 4:04 pm UTC

Maybe it has something to do with the suggestive picture getting your blood flowing, so to speak.

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Wed May 30, 2012 5:37 pm UTC

I mostly find that only happens after the arousal has dissipated, for whichever reason.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

doogly

Postby doogly » Wed May 30, 2012 5:39 pm UTC

I have never noticed this. Maybe I will go check.

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Wed May 30, 2012 5:55 pm UTC

emceng wrote:Question for my fellows in the dangly-bits gender. If you get slightly in the mood, do you feel the need to stretch? I really notice this at my desk. If I come accross a suggestive picture, or get a salicious text, or some sort of thing that gets me thinking about sex, I many times stretch. Legs more often want stretching than full body, but many times I do straighten my legs, arms straight above my head, and stretch.

No, I just yawn.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:30 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
natraj wrote:for people who use cartridge razors, about how often do you change the cartridges? i am never sure how many uses you are supposed to get out of them.
Beats me. I use mine until it stops cutting. I can tell because it hurts as it's partially catching the hair, then yanking rather than cutting it.

That said, I usually swap them out about every two weeks. I'd say the number of usages, but really.. sitting around in open air, semi-damp and so on dulls them faster than the shaving process. If you wanted to stretch them, I suppose dunking the business end in a small pool of mineral oil or something, to arrest the oxidation process would extend their lifespan.

I only shave once every week or two and my cartridges last a lot longer, like months. So I think it actually is the uses that are a more significant factor. I'd guess 10ish uses?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Shro
science genius girl

Postby Shro » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:25 pm UTC

To prolong the use of the cartridge, stroke the blades backwards about 10 times with moderate pressure on your forearm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ADaRIqy0Dc
argyl3: My idea of being a rebel is splitting infinitives.
Alisto: Rebel without a clause?

I made this thing:
www.justthetipcalculator.com

lynx

Postby lynx » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:32 am UTC

I always stretch when aroused, whether at my desk or in bed with the missus. Don't know what the rest of you are on about!

in terms of razors wearing out BF has it right: wait until it doesn't really cut any more, for me that's generally only about two weeks though. I use a cheap razor (blades are 35p each in China) and shave 2-3 times a week so it's to be expected really.

Return to “General”