Boy Thread: put a hat on ur butt

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead To Back Bacon

Postby suffer-cait » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:13 am UTC

CVSoul wrote:Hmm. Can I get away with doing usually-feminine things, such as shopping and watching Titanic, if I'm doing it because a girl asked me* to do so with her? I mean, my manners tell me that doing something to be nice to/impress the ladies gives you a free pass on most things. It would be rude to say, "No, I am too manly to do something to make you happy." Besides, for obvious manly reasons, it's better to be adored by women than by men anyway. I think I'm going to carry a half-rack of ribs and a pound of bacon with me just in case...

*It was what she said.
i don't like this post. i feel that you are using feminine to mean embarassing, and you are trying to assure us that you are not a "girly" loser.
just stating an opinion
i don't want to cause a fight
i'm sorry
ImageImageImageImageImage

smw543

Postby smw543 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:00 am UTC

Mighty Jalapeno wrote:I like Titanic...
It was a good movie. I think the problem CVSoul might have had was that a lot of the buzz around the movie, as well as 80% of its gross income, resulted from 12-year-old girls swooning over Leonardo DiCaprio.[citation needed] This has given it a bit of a stigma as a "girly movie" (that and the sappy "I'll never let go" crap.)

But yeah, doing "feminine" things isn't unmanly or bad (for most definitions of feminine things; if you're menstruating you should definitely see your physician.)
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Now you know the difference between funny and sad.
Ubik wrote:But I'm too fond of the penis to let it go.
gmalivuk wrote:If you didn't want people to 'mis'understand you, then you probably should have tried saying something less stupid.

luketheduke
Sour Kraut

Postby luketheduke » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:07 am UTC

If you want to play society to be able to do stereotypically "girly" or "feminine" things, then "I am doing this to woo a girl" is the perfect excuse. Because wooing a girl is (stereotypically) manly.
You can probably even get away with wearing a skirt and carrying a purse. But then you have to heavily imply that you are only after the hot, rough sex and are not being dominated by her.

Of course you are somehow reinforcing the "feminine=inferior" stereotype with this...
As long as I know how to love / I know I'll stay alive /
'cause I've got all my life to live / and I've got all my love to give / and I'll survive /
I will survive

doogly
Dr. The Juggernaut of Touching Himself

Postby doogly » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:18 am UTC

suffer-cait wrote:
CVSoul wrote:Hmm. Can I get away with doing usually-feminine things, such as shopping and watching Titanic, if I'm doing it because a girl asked me* to do so with her? I mean, my manners tell me that doing something to be nice to/impress the ladies gives you a free pass on most things. It would be rude to say, "No, I am too manly to do something to make you happy." Besides, for obvious manly reasons, it's better to be adored by women than by men anyway. I think I'm going to carry a half-rack of ribs and a pound of bacon with me just in case...

*It was what she said.
i don't like this post. i feel that you are using feminine to mean embarassing, and you are trying to assure us that you are not a "girly" loser.
just stating an opinion
i don't want to cause a fight
i'm sorry

You don't want to start a fight? What kind of girly nonsense is that? You're absolutely correct, don't puss out about it.
LE4dGOLEM: What's a Doug?
Noc: A larval Doogly. They grow the tail and stinger upon reaching adulthood.

Keep waggling your butt brows Brothers.
Or; Is that your eye butthairs?

luketheduke
Sour Kraut

Postby luketheduke » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:23 am UTC

doogly wrote:You don't want to defend gender equality and attack sexist stereotypes? You should, here is some sexistly stereotypical expletive to convince you of that.

*facepalm*

EDIT: You edited that to underline the irony, right? Fuck.
'cause I've got all my life to live / and I've got all my love to give / and I'll survive /
I will survive

doogly

Postby doogly » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:34 am UTC

Yeah, I tried to take it over the top enough to be unambiguous. Cait is absolutely correct, let there be no doubts.

luketheduke
Sour Kraut

Postby luketheduke » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:35 am UTC

And now you're making me look like an oversensitive busybody again. Listen. I hate you.

:wink:
I will survive

doogly

Postby doogly » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:38 am UTC

It's OK, in this man thread we are allowed to point out each other's sensitivities. And you can count on me to listen.

luketheduke
Sour Kraut

Postby luketheduke » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:39 am UTC

Listening is manly a good thing.
I will survive

michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby michaelandjimi » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:40 am UTC

smw543 wrote:
It was a good movie. I think the problem CVSoul might have had was that a lot of the buzz around the movie, as well as 80% of its gross income, resulted from 12-year-old girls swooning over Leonardo DiCaprio.[citation needed] This has given it a bit of a stigma as a "girly movie" (that and the sappy "I'll never let go" crap.)
Brilliant thing is, you can make pretty much anything sound manly. Think of it this way:

Titanic: Huge fucking boat on its first goddamn trip. Dude wins a fucking game of fucking poker to get on it. Saves a girl from certain death, they shag. After a series of mishaps and events of intrigue involving a priceless gem, the huge fucking boat hugely fucking sinks. He dies saving her again. The End.
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

luketheduke
Sour Kraut

Postby luketheduke » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:45 am UTC

Chick is so impressed she assumes his fucking name just because dude is so awesome.
I will survive

rnew
RAAAAAAGGGHHH I'M A DINOSAUR

Postby rnew » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:58 am UTC

You missed a bit.

Girl willingly gets naked for dude to draw her.
And dude is badass at drawing.

FYI It's James Cameron that does the drawing. Little fact for your day.
Meowgan wrote:Rnew, you're so hot. Boom!
Zohar wrote:Seriously rnew, I cannot get over how awesome your avatar is. It brings up a smile every time I see it.

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:14 pm UTC

Best synopsis of Titanic ever. Now I never have to watch it.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:20 pm UTC

michaelandjimi wrote:
smw543 wrote:
Brilliant thing is, you can make pretty much anything sound manly. Think of it this way:

Titanic: Huge fucking boat on its first goddamn trip. Dude wins a fucking game of fucking poker to get on it. Saves a girl from certain death, they shag. After a series of mishaps and events of intrigue involving a priceless gem, the huge fucking boat hugely fucking sinks. He dies saving her again. The End.
You completely forgot the part where they were all "Dude, look at our fucking huge boat! FUCK ICEBERGS!" and just went through the ocean anyway.

And then the Space-Pirates attacked and were fought off in an epic battle offscreen. Offscreen because some dude was drawing this one chick naked, which is about the only thing that can trump Space-Pirate battles.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

doogly

Postby doogly » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:47 pm UTC

pseudoidiot wrote:Best synopsis of Titanic ever. Now I never have to watch it.

That's taking this a step too far.

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:26 pm UTC

300 pages!!!!!!
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

Goatboy
may become less boring.

Postby Goatboy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:58 pm UTC

Am I now obliged to call the page number madness? 'Cuz I won't do it. Especially since we'd probably already hit 300 pages before they were condensed, but I don't quite recall.
Anyhow, I'm glad to have read that synopsis of Titanic, but I shall continue to not watch it, since I was a 14 year-old boy when it was released and I still honour my vow to never watch it.
I have nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.
And some old pictures.

TaintedDeity

Postby TaintedDeity » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:01 pm UTC

What do you mean the pages were condenseD?
Ⓞⓞ◯

GraphiteGirl
Alpha Male

Postby GraphiteGirl » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:55 am UTC

Goatboy wrote:Am I now obliged to call the page number madness?

What? This isn't madness! This is...
...Athens!

(Yeah, sorry, couldn't resist.)
Sandry wrote:Man, my commitment to sparkle motion is waaaaay lower than you are intimating.

Gentlelady

Postby Gentlelady » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:58 am UTC

michaelandjimi wrote:Brilliant thing is, you can make pretty much anything sound manly. Think of it this way:

Do The Notebook next.
d33p wrote:And Karma rode upon a pale horse, and GentleLady followed behind.
sleepygamer wrote:Once you go sleepy you never go backy.

eternal luna

Postby eternal luna » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:06 am UTC

Alexius:-Охуели? Нахуя дохуя хуйний нахуярили? Расхуяривай нахуй!
-Хули? Нихуя! Нехуй расхуяривать! Нахуячено нехуёво! Похуярили!
Gojoe: We are all inferior to you luna.

michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby michaelandjimi » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:52 am UTC

Gentlelady wrote:
michaelandjimi wrote:Brilliant thing is, you can make pretty much anything sound manly. Think of it this way:

Do The Notebook next.
Never actually seen it. I read the IMDB database synopsis, though, and conferred with Kellsbells. I believe it can be best summarised as follows:

Guy (Noah, named after a guy who builds a goddamn boat to save the world) meets a girl (Allie), and among other things, climbs a GODDAMN FERRIS WHEEL merely to pose sexily for her. The suave young devil continues his quest despite obstacles to their meeting. His connivingly crafty friends use their significant powers of guile to allow him to win her. Noah then has to go to war and overcomes his pitiful emotions about them being apart in a manly fashion - he has a job to do. There's fucking guns and blood and dirt and grit everywhere, and a childhood friend of his, Fin, dies - Fin is Fin-ished. During their year apart, despite feasting on the entrails of his enemies for sport, he manages to gather his thoughts and express them intelligently to her by post.

Allie, not to be outdone, spends her days covered in blood and sweat and dirt, saving the lives of countless soldiers. Despite being utterly taken by Noah, our hero, she gets engaged to a dude, but realises how truly fucked she'd be if she married the new dude. Noah is *so* fucking manly that she ditches her fiancee to go have sex with him in the (once abandoned) mansion that he has spent years rebuilding BY HAND, with his own blood and sweat, in the dirt.

When they're old, Allie gets dementia and Noah reads to her about how they met, and they both die of shock at his manliness.

Also, he spends a good portion of his time just chilling on a fucking rowboat.

rnew

Postby rnew » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:06 am UTC

Not as succinct as the titanic review but good none-the-less.

Would read and not watch film again+++
Zohar wrote:Seriously rnew, I cannot get over how awesome your avatar is. It brings up a smile every time I see it.

Kalos

Postby Kalos » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:14 am UTC

I wrap my bacon in bacon and marinade it in Tabasco sauce, all of you talking about anything else are clearly women

wing
the /b/slayer

Postby wing » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:10 am UTC

Having ostensibly watched The Notebook, I have to say that I'd MUCH rather have watched what you described.
I AM A SEXY, SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!
Akula wrote:Our team has turned into this hate-fueled juggernaut of profit. It's goddamn wonderful.

michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby michaelandjimi » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:41 am UTC

Titanic? Because Notebook is how I described it.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:50 pm UTC

In a brutal and savage land, a young child's mother is brutally slain by a beast who knows no pity. Separated from his family, alone and distraught, a wizened sage consoles and guides him towards the promise of salvation. Setting out alone, the intrepid and hesitant hero earns the trust and company of four companions, similarly disconnected from their herds, each with a unique set of skills. Traversing a hostile, nightmarish land, the five must survive with only their wits to protect them, hounded by the very beast whose hunger cannot be sated. A titanic confrontation awaits them before they can be reunited with the lives they once knew.

Spoiler:
Land before Time bitches, fucking owns
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Virtual_Aardvark

Postby Virtual_Aardvark » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:03 pm UTC

Not to interrupt the synopses(sp) but I need bacon advice. I wish to make bacon and pineapple for a friend but have only a frying pan at my disposal. I have heard the only good way to prepare bacon and pineapple is to bake it but this is not an option. I'm thinking a shish kabob type thing would be a good way to keep the bacon wrapped around the pineapple is a good idea but I'm worried about the flavour Help me man thread!
"imaginary gardens with real toads in them"
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:An actual cloud... full of lesbians.

Gentlelady

Postby Gentlelady » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:23 pm UTC

michaelandjimis awesome manly synopsis wrote:
Spoiler:
Never actually seen it. I read the IMDB database synopsis, though, and conferred with Kellsbells. I believe it can be best summarised as follows:

Guy (Noah, named after a guy who builds a goddamn boat to save the world) meets a girl (Allie), and among other things, climbs a GODDAMN FERRIS WHEEL merely to pose sexily for her. The suave young devil continues his quest despite obstacles to their meeting. His connivingly crafty friends use their significant powers of guile to allow him to win her. Noah then has to go to war and overcomes his pitiful emotions about them being apart in a manly fashion - he has a job to do. There's fucking guns and blood and dirt and grit everywhere, and a childhood friend of his, Fin, dies - Fin is Fin-ished. During their year apart, despite feasting on the entrails of his enemies for sport, he manages to gather his thoughts and express them intelligently to her by post.

Allie, not to be outdone, spends her days covered in blood and sweat and dirt, saving the lives of countless soldiers. Despite being utterly taken by Noah, our hero, she gets engaged to a dude, but realises how truly fucked she'd be if she married the new dude. Noah is *so* fucking manly that she ditches her fiancee to go have sex with him in the (once abandoned) mansion that he has spent years rebuilding BY HAND, with his own blood and sweat, in the dirt.

When they're old, Allie gets dementia and Noah reads to her about how they met, and they both die of shock at his manliness.

If chick flicks were more like this I would be more willing to watch them.

d33p
Happy Fun Ball

Postby d33p » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:24 pm UTC

In this case, you'd probably be ruining the flavour of both.
If you must go ahead with this plan, I'd thread the bacon through the ring's center and wrap it around that way. A frypan should be fine, just be sure to drain off the grease so the fruit doesn't absorb it.
Parka wrote:I assume this is yours. I don't know anyone else who would put "kill a bear" on a list.

kellsbells
Queen of Cupcakes

Postby kellsbells » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:30 am UTC

Gentlelady wrote:
Spoiler:

But they are like this. You just need to watch them with an open mind.
A good pun is its own reword.
L wrote:A day without kells is a day not worth living.

Chfan

Postby Chfan » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:41 am UTC

Yeah, most movies can be seen however you want to. All you need to do is make it really, really succinct.
Just FYI, the guy isn't avatar isn't me. But he seems pretty cool.

rnew

Postby rnew » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:42 am UTC

Can somebody summarise The Reader for me so I know if it's worth sitting through

Chfan

Postby Chfan » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:47 am UTC

So, this guy who's only 15 meets Kate Winslet, who's 36. They fuck...a lot. Then something about nazis.
Just FYI, the guy isn't avatar isn't me. But he seems pretty cool.

rnew

Postby rnew » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:51 am UTC

*goes to rent The Reader*

McCaber

Postby McCaber » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:38 pm UTC

All I can think about that movie is how creepy it would be with genders reversed.

Also: maj, your avatar is one of the coolest things ever.
Spoiler:
hyperion wrote:
Hawknc wrote:Crap, that image is going to get a lot of use around here.

That's what SHE said!

She blinded me with Science!

CVSoul

Postby CVSoul » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:53 pm UTC

kellsbells wrote:
Gentlelady wrote:
Spoiler:

But they are like this. You just need to watch them with an open mind.

I could totally be more sensitive if I just start thinking like this.
kellsbells wrote:My other car is a plain, unmarked white van.

Gentlelady

Postby Gentlelady » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:51 pm UTC

A friend of mine bought the bacon bubble gum. When he gets it I'll come back and tell you all about it.

Jenny: would you actully chew bacon gum?
Friend: yes, if it was any good
Friend: especially if it had a juicy center
Jenny: ew
Friend: well, ordered
Friend: lets hope for the best
Jenny: oh lord you ordered it?
Friend: yeah :D

Nith Azra

Postby Nith Azra » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:52 pm UTC

A very good russian friend of mine decided that "If you can make strawberry flavoured vodka, you can make bacon flavoured vodka". It is the manliest drink I have ever had...

Ever.
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:I wrote "moistly"... wierd.

::.._____..::ROYAL RAINBOW!!!::.._____..::

Return to “General”