Boy Thread: put a hat on ur butt

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

bigstrat2003

Re: Boy Thread: It's a Boy Thread! ... Sort of

Postby bigstrat2003 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:51 pm UTC

TaintedDeity wrote:A split second thought "Foot + testicles = stop = YES"

This doesn't make it acceptable in the least. I'd stop someone tickling me if I killed them, too. Does that make it acceptable? Of course not. Philwelch expressed it very well way back at the beginning: the force you apply to make something stop must be proportionate to what's going on. Kicking someone in the balls for tickling you (deliberately, accidental is of course an accident) is a vastly disproportionate response.

TaintedDeity

Postby TaintedDeity » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:54 pm UTC

In light of recent posts, I don;t drink enough booze.
Ⓞⓞ◯

Pirate.Bondage

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:54 pm UTC

If I had to, I'd probably kick someone in the leg before the balls. Or have a "safe-word" so he knows that you want him to stop. It's hard for people to tell when someone's had enough, and it's hard to tell someone when you've had enough when you can't breathe.

I do agree kicking in the balls is extreme, but I understand why she did it, and as far as I know she didn't hurt him badly [did she?].
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:
Irrefutable wrote:you are so lovely

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sje46 wrote:Do... do you want to marry me?

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:56 pm UTC

Man, at the risk of this continuing into further stupidity, kicking someone in the balls either as a offhand fast response or a last ditch effort to get them to stop is NOT disproportionate if words or physical force have failed. She tried both. The resulted to the last ditch thing that might work. It did. Lesson learned should be on HIS behalf, "Hmm, if someone says stop, and I don't, I may get my nuts bashed!" a lesson I think more people need to learn.

Musicals are the shit.

I'm not a huge scotch drinker, as I admittedly lack the palate to really appreciate the nuances, but I do rather enjoy Knob Creek and Tullamore Dew. Both whiskeys, but shaddup.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Rakysh

Postby Rakysh » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:59 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:Dudes, the cool thing about testicle injuries, is they are surprisingly resilient given the amount of pain that results. For every guy that whinges and bemoans the fate of suffering through getting his balls twerked is a fireman wiping burning cinder from his eyes, a pirate biting down on a leather wrapped branch as his leg is sawed off by a chirurgeon, and a barbarian cauterizing his wounds with the still glowing blade he has removed from his campfire.

Do you speak as someone who has been both absolutely whacked in the balls, and as someone who has had an arm cut off/cauterised or eyes burnt? If not, I'm not really sure you can pass judgement.

But I do actually think kicking someone in the 'nads is justified if you are being tickled; it's just also justified to complain about ball pain after them being "twerked".

bigstrat2003

Postby bigstrat2003 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:00 pm UTC

Is there a certain amount of booze that must be consumed to be manly? A certain type?

For example, I loathe beer (this could be said to be extremely unmanly), but adore screwdrivers (probably manly). Is that a net manliness or unmanliness? Are any drinks decidedly unmanly? I feel that as a man community, it's up to us to nail down a standard.

d33p
Happy Fun Ball

Postby d33p » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:02 pm UTC

doogly wrote:Also, I would like to solicit scotch recommendations. I was thinking of going for an Islay but I've tried all of these (that cost <$70 anyway) and perhaps it's time for a broadening. Any others that exhibit some of these qualities worth looking into? One I will share to anyone with these tastes is the Nikka Yoichi 12 year - it is from Japan and hard to find, but it has an incredible character.

Bah, you say you've already tried all the Islays -- I planned on recommending Caol Ila (my personal favourite), or a Laphroaig 15.
Parka wrote:I assume this is yours. I don't know anyone else who would put "kill a bear" on a list.

yohanleafheart

Postby yohanleafheart » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:03 pm UTC

d33p wrote:I repeat, don't hit girls.

Going on this tangent, I think a blank rule about "Don't hit girls" is quite sexist. My personal motto is, "hit only those that deserve it, and measure your strength based on your opponents strength and your anger."
"When you gotta do something wrong, you gotta do it right." - Fighter - 8-bit Theatre
"Life is a bitch. But it is my bitch." - Slick - Sinfest

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:04 pm UTC

Yes. I have suffered the mind wiping agony of searing metal and sharp steel, endured the razor winds of the northern reaches, gritted my teeth against the filmy cinders of wastelands beyond your reckoning, and totally been nutted by man and inanimate object alike in a variety of cruel, accidental, and down right comedic mishaps. I rise above the mountain of pain and impart to you all some passing wisdom:
Ouch. That hurt. Now I'm okay though, so meh, life goes on.

Also, this quote from from Deadwood:
Swearenger wrote:Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Don't hit girls unless they can hit you back harder. Based on biological tendencies, I'd wager most can't.
Last edited by Izawwlgood on Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:05 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:05 pm UTC

doogly wrote:Phil's gonna lose his man card at this rate. This is a far more problematic line of thought than liking musicals.

Also, I would like to solicit scotch recommendations. I was thinking of going for an Islay but I've tried all of these (that cost <$70 anyway) and perhaps it's time for a broadening. Any others that exhibit some of these qualities worth looking into? One I will share to anyone with these tastes is the Nikka Yoichi 12 year - it is from Japan and hard to find, but it has an incredible character.

http://www.glenmorangie.com/ 15 yr old is my tipple.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

doogly
Dr. The Juggernaut of Touching Himself

Postby doogly » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:07 pm UTC

bigstrat2003 wrote:Is there a certain amount of booze that must be consumed to be manly? A certain type?

For example, I loathe beer (this could be said to be extremely unmanly), but adore screwdrivers (probably manly). Is that a net manliness or unmanliness? Are any drinks decidedly unmanly? I feel that as a man community, it's up to us to nail down a standard.

No peach schnapps. Other than that you can probably go to town. Also, I would suggest nothing ending in -tini other than a martini, but I am a purist in this respect.
LE4dGOLEM: What's a Doug?
Noc: A larval Doogly. They grow the tail and stinger upon reaching adulthood.

Keep waggling your butt brows Brothers.
Or; Is that your eye butthairs?

Philwelch

Postby Philwelch » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:08 pm UTC

So I assume all of you are equally OK with a guy smashing a girl in the head with a nalgene bottle for tickling him?

If so...fair enough.

Pirate.Bondage wrote:If I had to, I'd probably kick someone in the leg before the balls. Or have a "safe-word" so he knows that you want him to stop. It's hard for people to tell when someone's had enough, and it's hard to tell someone when you've had enough when you can't breathe.

Heh, I've used safewords in tickle fights more often than in kinky sex.
Last edited by Philwelch on Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:10 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Fascism: If you're not with us you're against us.
Leftism: If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem.

Perfection is an unattainable goal.

bigglesworth

Postby bigglesworth » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:10 pm UTC

doogly wrote:No peach schnapps. Other than that you can probably go to town. Also, I would suggest nothing ending in -tini other than a martini, but I am a purist in this respect.

Actually, the "in its native environment" rule applies here. It's ok to drink peach schnapps in a cabin near the top of the Alps, that has been distilled nearby.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

Rakysh

Postby Rakysh » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:19 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:Yes. I have suffered the mind wiping agony of searing metal and sharp steel, endured the razor winds of the northern reaches, gritted my teeth against the filmy cinders of wastelands beyond your reckoning, and totally been nutted by man and inanimate object alike in a variety of cruel, accidental, and down right comedic mishaps. I rise above the mountain of pain and impart to you all some passing wisdom:
Ouch. That hurt. Now I'm okay though, so meh, life goes on.

But the whining isn't after- it's during. it's not like we whine days after, it's as the pain continues to sear through our synapses. I agree that complaining once the pain has faded is a little pointless, but it's allowed while still doubled over.

TaintedDeity

Postby TaintedDeity » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:21 pm UTC

Not if you;re a man.
Ⓞⓞ◯

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:22 pm UTC

Philwelch wrote:So I assume all of you are equally OK with a guy smashing a girl in the head with a nalgene bottle for tickling him?

If so...fair enough.
No. Foreign objects aren't cool, and neither are blows to the head. If the guy is having trouble breathing due to tickling, and has already tried to get the girl to stop by saying so and through more restrained physical cues, I'd be hard-pressed to yell at him for punching her right in the nipples. Is that a close enough analogue for you?
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

Philwelch

Postby Philwelch » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:52 pm UTC

Torvaun wrote:
Philwelch wrote:So I assume all of you are equally OK with a guy smashing a girl in the head with a nalgene bottle for tickling him?

If so...fair enough.
No. Foreign objects aren't cool, and neither are blows to the head. If the guy is having trouble breathing due to tickling, and has already tried to get the girl to stop by saying so and through more restrained physical cues, I'd be hard-pressed to yell at him for punching her right in the nipples. Is that a close enough analogue for you?

Deal.

(Though, having bit hit in both the face and the testicles, I choose face. In fact, I'd choose face over nipples, too.)
Fascism: If you're not with us you're against us.
Leftism: If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem.

Perfection is an unattainable goal.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:56 pm UTC

Yeah I think if you (guy) are being physically disabled and want it to stop and have used words, and tried forcefully moving the person (gal) off you, you are justified in punches to the boobs/crotch, even though the effect isn't quite the same. Incidentally, last time I was in a 'fight' I kneed the guy in the balls.

Rakysh wrote:But the whining isn't after- it's during.

There's a difference between whining about the pain, which is what people are talking about, and gritting your teeth and swearing to Crom that you will have your retribution. Or you know, blushing and realizing that you totally deserved that.

bigstrat2003

Postby bigstrat2003 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:57 pm UTC

TaintedDeity wrote:Not if you;re a man.

Any man is forgiven for any and all complaining he does about the pain that results when his balls are hit. That fucking hurts. It is the only form of pain which it is acceptable to complain about.

doogly

Postby doogly » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:58 pm UTC

bigstrat2003 wrote:
TaintedDeity wrote:Not if you;re a man.

Any man is forgiven for any and all complaining he does about the pain that results when his balls are hit. That fucking hurts. It is the only form of pain which it is acceptable to complain about.

Not true! Also papercuts.

Pa-Patch

Postby Pa-Patch » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:03 pm UTC

bigstrat2003 wrote:Is there a certain amount of booze that must be consumed to be manly? A certain type?

There is nothing unmanly about loathing beer. It is hardly alcoholic compared to a real drink (especially them American brands), so it's only to be drunk for the taste, and not to be drunk at all if you don't care for the taste.

Chfan

Postby Chfan » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:08 pm UTC

If having to drink is a requirement to be manly, I'd rather have a vagina.
Just FYI, the guy isn't avatar isn't me. But he seems pretty cool.

luketheduke
Sour Kraut

Postby luketheduke » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:20 pm UTC

I think I will just post this any other day.

Manly = Being a decent human

And now I'll be opening a beer.
As long as I know how to love / I know I'll stay alive /
'cause I've got all my life to live / and I've got all my love to give / and I'll survive /
I will survive

Guiro

Postby Guiro » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:49 pm UTC

Pa-Patch wrote:

There is nothing unmanly about loathing beer. It is hardly alcoholic compared to a real drink (especially them American brands), so it's only to be drunk for the taste, and not to be drunk at all if you don't care for the taste.

I see beer as an alcohol delivery system, not something to drink for the taste.

Pa-Patch

Postby Pa-Patch » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:06 pm UTC

Guiro wrote:
Pa-Patch wrote:

I see beer as an alcohol delivery system, not something to drink for the taste.

If you're not in it for the taste, why not just drink hard liquor, then? More alcohol for your buck, for one.

ethraax

Postby ethraax » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:27 pm UTC

bigstrat2003 wrote:And, of course, the fact that it hurts worse than anything else imaginable improves your ability to deliver this routine. You don't even have to act!

I can think of a few things that hurt more than the average blow delivered to my parts down there.

Oh wait, this isn't the man thread. Never mind.

Unrelated: I don't really see the point in getting drunk. Rather, I don't see the enjoyment in it.
Meowgan wrote:It's just like knitting, but with less knitting.

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:30 am UTC

ethraax wrote:Oh wait, this isn't the man thread. Never mind.
Uh, yeah it is.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

black rook in rainy weather

Postby black rook in rainy weather » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:43 am UTC

I say, I definitely drink beer for the taste. especially miller. goddamn thats a good beer.

for merely getting drunk however (and i use 'merely' as the soft term) then its vodka for me. Jack and coke has been overused to the point of disliking...

cider has been absolutely destroyed for me as a drink though. which is more than likely a shame..
As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light of meaning in the darkness of mere being.
Carl Jung

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:14 am UTC

Pirate.Bondage wrote:If I had to, I'd probably kick someone in the leg before the balls. Or have a "safe-word" so he knows that you want him to stop. It's hard for people to tell when someone's had enough, and it's hard to tell someone when you've had enough when you can't breathe.

I do agree kicking in the balls is extreme, but I understand why she did it, and as far as I know she didn't hurt him badly [did she?].

No, I didn't. I basically kicked him in the crotch of his pants, not his actual crotch. It was the shock/startlement that got the message across, and there was certainly no actual pain involved. Like I said, we were cuddling after a few minutes.

Philwelch, if I was mercilessly tickling a guy, and I didn't stop after being repeatedly asked to, and he kicked me in the crotch, or yanked my hair, or whatever, I'd consider it justified. bigstrat2003, kicking a guy in the balls for tickling me is a laughably long way from killing him for the same offense. I consider it a spurious analogy.

Generalization question: Why are sweet mixed drinks considered girly? The various cooks populating xkcd don't seem to have a problem with food in general that taste good, so why would alcoholic drinks that taste good or disguise the alcohol flavor (ergo, they taste good) be dismissed as feminine?
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

TheKrikkitWars

Postby TheKrikkitWars » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:18 am UTC

doogly wrote:Also, I would like to solicit scotch recommendations.

And Fail, it's Scots Whisky, a Single Malt, or even just a Malt, but not scotch! That's a name for the bad cooking whisky.

Rant over, something helpful, maybe:-

I always liked the Islays, but have recently developed a soft spot for a couple of the Speyside gems, Glen Ord (the solitary remaining whisky from the black isle) is an enjoyable departure and Tobermory from Mull (in order to get the good stuff you need to actually go to Tobermory) is an eclectic favourate of mine, whilst their 10 year is quite stable, the others they sell only from the distillery, have uniquely altering characters over time; variations on a theme if you will.

If looking to broaden you horizons, there is a Welsh Single Malt:- Penderyn, which is exceptionally good, and unusually strong.

Chfan wrote:If having to drink is a requirement to be manly, I'd rather have a vagina.

The first hormonal treatment kit will be with you in 4-6 weeks.
Last edited by TheKrikkitWars on Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:22 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Great things are done when Men & Mountains meet,
This is not Done by Jostling in the Street.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:20 am UTC

podbaydoor wrote:Generalization question: Why are sweet mixed drinks considered girly? The various cooks populating xkcd don't seem to have a problem with food in general that taste good, so why would alcoholic drinks that taste good or disguise the alcohol flavor (ergo, they taste good) be dismissed as feminine?
It's also a fairly recent occurrence. Hemingway loved his Mojitos.

Makes no damned sense.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

bigglesworth

Postby bigglesworth » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:25 am UTC

Vodka + syrupy sweet soda drinks were marketed at women, hence are now unmanly.

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:27 am UTC

But, wouldn't a man who enjoys, say...mojitos...and doesn't give a damn about what anyone else thinks be considered self-confident and thus manly?
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun

TheKrikkitWars

Postby TheKrikkitWars » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:31 am UTC

podbaydoor wrote:But, wouldn't a man who enjoys, say...mojitos...and doesn't give a damn about what anyone else thinks be considered self-confident and thus manly?

If he was to drink real mojitos made fresh by a cocktail waiter/waitress, Certainly, If he was tipping a 330ml bottles of premixed sludge made with bacardi's rejects from their rum process, rather less so.

bigglesworth

Postby bigglesworth » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:35 am UTC

podbaydoor wrote:But, wouldn't a man who enjoys, say...mojitos...and doesn't give a damn about what anyone else thinks be considered self-confident and thus manly?

A real mojito has a certain amount of sourness that is manly. And they're damn tasty. A premixed vodka drink? not worth defending and so not manly to defend.

doogly

Postby doogly » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:48 am UTC

I've always heard scotch. Perhaps it's another UK / US thing. If you just asked for a malt here you'd be just as likely to get some vinegar.

The mojito is acceptable if a pestle was involved. In fact encouraged, I'd say.

TheKrikkitWars

Postby TheKrikkitWars » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:55 am UTC

doogly wrote:I've always heard scotch. Perhaps it's another UK / US thing.

It's a scots thing, even people from the rest of the UK at large use scotch some times (and not just for whiskey, but many other scottish things), Scotch has made it onto wikipedia, so I'm going to have to engage in serious editing, and establish a redirect, In order to make it right, or just not care, remember that I lived in yorkshire for most of my life, and am now in wales, and let go.

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:57 am UTC

bigglesworth wrote:

A real mojito has a certain amount of sourness that is manly. And they're damn tasty. A premixed vodka drink? not worth defending and so not manly to defend.

Okay, what if this man enjoys daiquiris? Enjoying deliciousness isn't inherently unmanly.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun

bigglesworth

Postby bigglesworth » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:57 am UTC

Hemmingway liked the daiquiri anyway.

doogly

Postby doogly » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:04 am UTC

podbaydoor wrote:
bigglesworth wrote:

Okay, what if this man enjoys daiquiris? Enjoying deliciousness isn't inherently unmanly.

The daiquiri is fine if you did not make it out of a bottle that says "daiquiri mix" on it. Attention to ingredients is important. Actually, I think daiquiris are essentially the same as grog. Grog is undeniably manly. It's just a branding thing at this point.

Return to “General”