Finals!

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

karmasword

Finals!

Postby karmasword » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:33 pm UTC

Yay! I finished my last final for the semester last night!

How about you guys/gals? Almost done?

Or, I suppose I should ask: are any of you in college? ;)

Now I have a month off...time to play old adventure games all day!

umbrae

Postby umbrae » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:44 pm UTC

I have one tomorrow and then three on friday, then I'm done.

No, really. I'm done. Graduating with a BS in Computer Science.

Woo!

karmasword

Postby karmasword » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:54 pm UTC

umbrae wrote:I have one tomorrow and then three on friday, then I'm done.

No, really. I'm done. Graduating with a BS in Computer Science.

Woo!

Wow, gratz dude.

I'm done with my two year degree next semester. Than I'm off to the U of Minnesota for a Bachelor's in Journalism ;)

Debilis

Postby Debilis » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:33 pm UTC

One last project to finish tonight, and then I just have a viewing of projects on Wednesday morning. Wednesday night, there will be an end-of-semester celebratory Whiskey Night at a friends house, and then I head home for the holidays.

I just came down with a nasty sickness last weekend, so I've worked on pretty much all my finals with a fever and a sore-everything. Terrible time to get sick, but it is almost over now!

Also, congrats, Umbrae! I will be graduating one year from now. It is a bittersweet feeling

karmasword

Postby karmasword » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:28 am UTC

Debilis wrote:I just came down with a nasty sickness last weekend, so I've worked on pretty much all my finals with a fever and a sore-everything. Terrible time to get sick, but it is almost over now!

Yeah...I've been feeling like complete shit...pulled two all-nighters over the last week and I feel so absolutely exhausted. I took tomorrow off from work though so I plan on sleeping in as late possible....it is well deserved.

joeframbach

Postby joeframbach » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:19 am UTC

I had a Software Engineering final last Thursday, Systems Software on Monday night, and Numerical Analysis this morning. On Thursday I have Indo-European Folktales, and on Saturday (8AM!) Linear Algebra.

I pulled an all-nighter on Thursday trying to finish a Palm OS application for the Systems Software class, but failed, so my Saturday was also spent in a computer lab instead of spending time with the person I should have been spending time with :-/

Finals suck.

Aoeniac

Postby Aoeniac » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:13 am UTC

My finals were over last week.

Sonic#

Postby Sonic# » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:04 pm UTC

joeframbach wrote:Indo-European Folktales

Now that sounds awesome. What does it span?

After two other math exams and an English exam on Monday and Tuesday, I have my Romantic Prose and Poetry I exam in an hour. It's not comprehensive, thank goodness, but there's still tons of Coleridge, Wordsworth, Austen, and Lady Morgan to go around.

After that comes Indian food, and then 25 days of relaxation.

umbrae wrote:No, really. I'm done. Graduating with a BS in Computer Science.

Congrats! ... if I do what I intend on doing (phd), I won't be done for a while.

joeframbach

Postby joeframbach » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:44 am UTC

Sonic# wrote:
joeframbach wrote:Indo-European Folktales

Now that sounds awesome. What does it span?

It is mostly reading. Hundreds upon hundreds of fairy tales, legends, and fables.
We started with stories of the origins of the earth. Then stories of fairies, demons, witches, and vampires. Then stories of home and family, and daily living. We had a section of stories of children (Hansel and Gretel), then coming-of-age tales (little red). Then we moved on to animal bridegrooms (cupid and psyche). For a short time we studied stories of resignation and subversion, and tales about tricksters and fools. The long section was on wife beaters (Bluebeard) and foolish wives (Stone Soup).
We study criticisms from psychoanalytical and feminist perspectives. That part doesn't thrill me too much.
All in all, it's a hell of a lot of reading.

Next semester I'm taking Germanic Myths, Legends, and Sagas, which deals with Norse mythology and culture.

grim4593

Postby grim4593 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:58 am UTC

All I really have left to do is finals. Won't be too bad but my physics teacher sucks.

The entire semester he "taught" us off a power point presentation and didn't do many examples of problems. I don't know about most people, but I learn through examples. Listening to some old guy drone on and on about magnetic fields gets boring real quick and my mind wanders elsewhere.
And to top it off the guy does not give us a review, and tells us that there will be problems on the test that have not been on any of our previous exams or homework.

GAH! I hate those kinds of professors.

Return to “General”