Worst Death Ever (split from Paranoia Live)

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

lukkucairi

Postby lukkucairi » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:51 pm UTC

Bugs wrote:
Another creepy one is Kuru, a (now extinct) prion disease transmitted by eating infected human brain tissues. It's a very slow-progressing disease, and one of the last symptoms is commonly a week or two of "pathological laughter". Possibly not the worst disease to die of, but I bet it'd be damn creepy to see.

[/maudlin biologist]

you mean they quit eating each other's brains in New Guinea?

vCJD is pretty similar, and that's still prevalent.

Sciagatt has a good point - Fatal Familial Insomnia is godawful.

If you're going to discount torture, those degenerate brain disorders are the worst. I'm not sure I wouldn't prefer to be suffocated in a silo full of flour than die of amyloid plaque brain degeneration.

especially if I already HAD amyloid plaque brain degeneration. in that case bring on the flour. make it whole wheat. bake a cake at my funeral.

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:20 pm UTC

O man i have thought as also a form of torture!

Being raped to death with a razor spiked dildo till they bleed to death.

Narsil
Ask me about my junk!

Postby Narsil » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:25 pm UTC

Belial wrote:See "Saw 3". Same type of death, but *much* worse.
Never saw any of 'em but number 2. Explain?
Spoiler:
EsotericWombat wrote:MORE JUNK THAN YOUR BODY HAS ROOM FOR

Mother Superior wrote:What's he got that I dont?
*sees Narsil's sig*
Oh... that.

LoonRadio

Postby LoonRadio » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:33 pm UTC

O/T: I can't wait for the next one to come out. Then I can say "I saw Saw, I saw Saw II too, I saw Saw III, but I don't know what I saw Saw IV for."
You know what's worse than raining cats and dogs?
Hailing taxicabs.

Felgraf

Postby Felgraf » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:35 pm UTC

Alzheimers.

Because that's a LIVING death. After all, are memories are a very large part of what make us who we are. With Alheimers, 'you' die, but you're also still alive. But the memories that made you who your were, that helped shape your personality, have been washed away. Eventually, even your ability to perform mental functions you once could (math, physics, language skills) is drained away....

Mrf. I'm getting creeped out just by *typing* this...
"What can the harvest hope for, but for the care of the reaper man?" -Death, from Terry Pratchett's Reaper Man

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:42 pm UTC

Narsil wrote:
Never saw any of 'em but number 2. Explain?

Belted down in the bottom of a vat. Above the vat is a conveyor belt with meat hooks hanging from it.

When the machine starts, the conveyor belt begins moving, and brings out a semi-rotting pig carcass

The carcass is dropped into a grinder above the vat and essentially liquefied whole.

The liquefied pig is then dumped into the vat.

Rinse. Repeat until liquefied pig piles up higher than mouth. Suffocate. Die.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

dschneider

Postby dschneider » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:49 pm UTC

Plane crash. I'm not afraid of flying... in fact, I love it. But a plane going down would be absolutely terrifying.

...and I'm flying to Indianapolis on Wednesday. I should stop thinking about this. :/
Could somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees?

lukkucairi

Postby lukkucairi » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:34 pm UTC

Belial wrote:Rinse. Repeat until liquefied pig piles up higher than mouth. Suffocate. Die.

hopefully you'll have choked on your own vomit before then.

'specially if you're strapped down on your back - high probability of puke auto-chokeage.

probably the best way to suffocate someone in liquefied pig is to strap them face down to a rack at a 45 degree angle - puke drains away, pig piles up. this would take more pig though.

fjafjan
THE fjafjan

Postby fjafjan » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:14 pm UTC

2DMan wrote:I plan to not die. Ever.

But failing that, falling from a great height would suck. All that thinking time on the way down? Not cool.

You are misstaken, if I had to die today I'd jump from a great hight. The thrill, the defiance, awesome.
//Yepp, THE fjafjan (who's THE fjafjan?)
Liza wrote:Fjafjan, your hair is so lovely that I want to go to Sweden, collect the bit you cut off in your latest haircut and keep it in my room, and smell it. And eventually use it to complete my shrine dedicated to you.

popple

Postby popple » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:33 am UTC

Falling off a cliff into water but getting paralysed on the way down somehow but landing face up and floating, while a geriatric shark comes across you and tried to eat you, but because he is so old he has no teeth and so you die from being gnawed at by a toothless shark.
popple.. from snap, crack, and popple... thats the line isn't it? isn't it?

lukkucairi

Postby lukkucairi » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:44 am UTC

popple wrote:Falling off a cliff into water but getting paralysed on the way down somehow but landing face up and floating, while a geriatric shark comes across you and tried to eat you, but because he is so old he has no teeth and so you die from being gnawed at by a toothless shark.

yep, that'll do it.

Sartorius

Postby Sartorius » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:56 am UTC

This

When I saw it on Discovery Health, the woman went into shock, then she bled from every pore in her body, which became jelly-like because of the clotting, and then the blood lost its ability to clot due to the massive amount of blood loss (I think) so then it was all watery.

She made it though, which was cool.

Admittedly, since the woman would probably be comatose the death itself probably wouldn't be that horrible, but I think it would suck to be like "I'm having a baby!!! *death*" especially for the father. [/quote]
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life." -Terry Pratchett

clearbright

Postby clearbright » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:42 pm UTC

Oh God...any kind of death to do with childbirth, rape, or...oh god. *goes away shuddering and with mind crying silently*

prime

Postby prime » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:19 am UTC

Worst death: Stuck in a tight, pitch black tunnel with water slowly rising towards you. I think I'd have a heart attack before the water got to me. Buried alive would do the trick too.

Best death: Anesthesia then firing squad with machine guns. Or, if you want to be concious, stick of dynamite in mouth.

Guaranteed suicide: Shoot yourself in the head after eating something poisonous while leaning off a tall building with explosives strapped to you set to go off in midair.

Verator

Postby Verator » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:35 am UTC

better guarnteed death. Set up a nuke to explode when a bunch of mines you placed beneath a building do. Now, go to the top ofthe building, tie a bomb to yourself and set it to go off in a few seconds, cover yourself in gasoline, light yourself on fire, chainsaw off one of your arms, jump off the side of the building, shoot yourself while falling, then ppull the pin on a grnade before the bomb goes off and let that explode, the bobs explodes, you land on the mines and they explode, then the nuke explodes.
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:06] Akira: but i want a penis ;_;
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:12] Mrcheesypants: let's face it, you aint below a 3 on a kingsley scale
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:36] Mrcheesypants: two sided dildos are like penises

Rinaeril

Postby Rinaeril » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:12 am UTC

Extreme itchiness, all over my body. Mosquito bites on top of mosquito bites, on every tiny bit of skin, would cause me to go completely out of my mind, and claw myself to death.

I fucking hate mosquitoes.

Aoeniac

Postby Aoeniac » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:15 am UTC

Crushed extremely slowly under a giant press.
Class: 12th level Epiphenomenalist Alignment: Rational

__Kit

Postby __Kit » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:17 am UTC

Rinaeril wrote:Extreme itchiness, all over my body. Mosquito bites on top of mosquito bites, on every tiny bit of skin, would cause me to go completely out of my mind, and claw myself to death.

I fucking hate mosquitoes.

Mosquitos do not bite, they suck. They suck your blood. If 1,200,000 mosquitoes were sucking your blood, they would completely drain your entire supply. It seems unlikely that so many mosquitoes would be attacking you, but Canadian researchers in the Arctic exposed their arms, legs, and torsos, and reported 9,000 bites per minute. At a rate like that, a person would lose half of their blood in as little as two hours. Mosquitoes stop sucking when a chemical signal shuts down blood intake. When that signal is disabled in the laboratory, the mosquitoes suck blood until they explode. Male mosquitoes however, will not suck your blood. They live off of nectar and plant juice.

Millions of years ago, mosquitoes were three times larger than they are today. (It seems to be that way with a lot of creatures).
=]

Rinaeril

Postby Rinaeril » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:35 am UTC

It's the itching that bugs me. I know they suck, not bite, but you knew what I meant when I said mosquito bites, right? Anything that causes a very itchy sensation would do. I'm glad to hear my fear is unjustified. :)

I'm sorry if the deaths had to be realistic, though.

P.L.I.N.G

Postby P.L.I.N.G » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:50 am UTC

djn wrote:Also, there's the Brazen Bull. Nothing like being roasted slowly in a small chamber.

:shock: Reading that link actually made me feel rather sick about how cruel mankind has been/is. I should mention I'm pretty sensitive when it comes to these things.

Wich reminds me, why the hell did i click on this thread!?
"Before you judge a man , walk a mile in his shoes.
Therefore, when you judge him, you are a mile away from him and have his shoes"

LoonRadio

Postby LoonRadio » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:54 pm UTC

Being sacrificed to the volcano god would be kind of cool. Especially if they shot you out of a cannon.
You know what's worse than raining cats and dogs?

Hailing taxicabs.

DuSTman

Postby DuSTman » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:15 pm UTC

bash.org wrote:<evilada>: Best suicide plan ever
<mcm310>: what is it?
<evilada>: you go up to the top of a roof
<evilada>: string piano wire tight across the front edge at neck level
<evilada>: tie a cord to your foot and the other end to the building so that you'll be above sidewalk level when its fully stretched
<evilada>: then you put super glue on your hands
<evilada>: and put your arms around the front of the wire and then back to touch your head
<evilada>: then you lean forward, so the piano wire cuts your neck but not your elbows
<evilada>: when the cord goes taut, youll be hanging upside down with no head....except your head will be in your outstretched arms thanks to gravity and the glue, staring at someone upside down and spewing blood everywhere.
<evilada>: And some poor bastard will be traumatized for LIFE.
<mcm310>: i dont think i can be your friend anymore

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:17 pm UTC

.....magnificent
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

Return to “General”